PDA

View Full Version : New Italy Top

LustForLeith
07-10-2019, 07:32 PM
Apologies if it’s been posted already but the new Italian top is a cracker. Replace the blue trim and collar with white and it would be an ideal Hibs top.

I’m not sure if the image will attach so here’s a link for the article

https://www.soccerbible.com/performance/football-apparel/2019/10/puma-launch-the-italy-renaissance-kit/

wpj
07-10-2019, 07:41 PM
Apologies if it’s been posted already but the new Italian top is a cracker. Replace the blue trim and collar with white and it would be an ideal Hibs top.

I’m not sure if the image will attach so here’s a link for the article

https://www.soccerbible.com/performance/football-apparel/2019/10/puma-launch-the-italy-renaissance-kit/

Like it

Joe6-2
07-10-2019, 07:45 PM
Very, very nice

One Day Soon
07-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Swoooooooooon.

hibs#1
07-10-2019, 09:03 PM
Saw this today. Absolutely top notch, there's actually a good few really nice tops about this year especially nikes 3rd stripes they have made for some of the big sides.

Halmyre Hibee
07-10-2019, 09:35 PM
Wife is Scottish/Italian and strip ordered for sons birthday in December which no doubt will be worn before that.

Looks good all Italian Hibbies should have it.

One Day Soon
07-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Wife is Scottish/Italian and strip ordered for sons birthday in December which no doubt will be worn before that.

Looks good all Italian Hibbies should have it.

:greengrin

Haymaker
08-10-2019, 02:59 AM
Oosh, that would be awesome

Greentinted
08-10-2019, 05:46 AM
That is simply a thing of sublime beauty!
Having it.

Hibbyradge
08-10-2019, 09:46 AM
That's as nice a football shirt as I can remember seeing.

Change the badge and I'd love that as our away strip.

worcesterhibby
08-10-2019, 10:30 AM
It must be just me, but it just looks like a fairly normal, OK football top to me. I really don't get what it special about it ? what am I missing ?

The Modfather
08-10-2019, 10:39 AM
It must be just me, but it just looks like a fairly normal, OK football top to me. I really don't get what it special about it ? what am I missing ?

I thought the same. Not keen on the shade of green, although we have had similar before. I also prefer a more rounded grandad collar.

SaulGoodman
08-10-2019, 10:43 AM

I’m the same, collar looks nice but it’s guaranteed if you slapped a Hibs badge on it people would say it was bogging. Looks like our one from the first season in the championship.

hibsbollah
08-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Im not mad for it either. Not sure about the shade of green. Maybe I just expect more from Italian tops, I always think they set the bar for coming up with nice designs. Call me old fashioned but Italia should be azzuri blue(although I'm sure someone will point out from the article that they played in green till 1954).

Pretty Boy
08-10-2019, 12:05 PM
It looks a bit like their goalkeeper kit from around 2009, that was the same shade of green with a navy collar. The design detailing on the strip is quite smart, albeit it looks like my Grannies wallpaper from the 90s that had been up since the 70s, but the whole thing is nothing to write home about. Decent enough but that's about it.

It will sell huge numbers though so I suppose it's job done.

ekhibee
08-10-2019, 12:05 PM
All about opinions I suppose. I really like the colour and the design.

Just_Jimmy
08-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Green t-shirt. If we released that folk would be complaining.

I bet it'll be £65 as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Smartie
08-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Im not mad for it either. Not sure about the shade of green. Maybe I just expect more from Italian tops, I always think they set the bar for coming up with nice designs. Call me old fashioned but Italia should be azzuri blue(although I'm sure someone will point out from the article that they played in green till 1954).

There are few finer sights in world football than an azzuri blue Italian top. Ideally it should be filled by a sickeningly handsome man gesticulating wildly.

One Day Soon
08-10-2019, 03:18 PM
There are few finer sights in world football than an azzuri blue Italian top. Ideally it should be filled by a sickeningly handsome man gesticulating wildly.

Paolo Maldini. We were all thinking it.

Keith_M
08-10-2019, 06:47 PM

Not just you.

AugustaHibs
08-10-2019, 07:21 PM
Why are all football kits now released with some hipster models wearing them? What’s wrong with just sticking your captain and main player in them and taking photos?

renato
08-10-2019, 08:51 PM
Paolo Maldini. We were all thinking it.

👍

Jamesie
11-10-2019, 04:22 PM

It's actually going down pretty badly with my Italian friends who, like yourself, tend to think an Italian shirt should be Azzurri blue, notwithstanding any historical connections with green!

Pedantic_Hibee
11-10-2019, 04:31 PM
My ovaries just exploded.

One Day Soon
11-10-2019, 05:01 PM
It's actually going down pretty badly with my Italian friends who, like yourself, tend to think an Italian shirt should be Azzurri blue, notwithstanding any historical connections with green!

My family love it and we're Italians (among other things). Are your Italian friends Northerners by any chance?

Keith_M
11-10-2019, 05:21 PM
My family love it and we're Italians (among other things). Are your Italian friends Northerners by any chance?

What part of Italy are you from?

Here’s Lucy!
12-10-2019, 03:25 PM
Absolute cracker of a top. :aok:

G B Young
12-10-2019, 03:42 PM

It actually says they only wore it for one game back in 1954 so there's not really much of a tradition to hang this new kit on. Like you I much prefer the traditional Italian blue.

And as for the PR guff about it being inspired by 'Renaissance-era fabrics' what has that got to do with Italian football?

renato
12-10-2019, 06:56 PM
That kit looks absolutely glorious. Sky Sports PL just now.

Here’s Lucy!
12-10-2019, 09:00 PM
That kit looks absolutely glorious. Sky Sports PL just now.

The kit, like your picture, is gorgeous. :aok:

Are you as hunky in real life? I’m drooling.

Jamesie
12-10-2019, 10:33 PM

Nope, they’re from Molise! I’m actually half Piciniscani myself and not overly thrilled by it either! :greengrin Decent win over Greece while wearing it at the Olimpico tonight though!

renato
13-10-2019, 07:04 AM
The kit, like your picture, is gorgeous. :aok:

Are you as hunky in real life? I’m drooling.

Ha, very few match up to big Paolo :greengrin

hibsbollah
13-10-2019, 08:15 AM
Corriere della sport headline 'No Grazie!' , Gazetta della sport similarly not impressed, Tuttosport says 'Maglia Verde: Que Sacrilegio!'

heretoday
13-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Nothing wrong with a bit of totti.

Here’s Lucy!
13-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Ha, very few match up to big Paolo :greengrin

Very true. :aok: