PDA

View Full Version : Middleton leaving?

BegbieHSC
07-10-2019, 07:18 PM
See he’s removed everything Hibs related from his social media accounts.
Saw someone suggest the Huns are recalling him?

J-C
07-10-2019, 07:20 PM

Maybe not worked out, tbh he's not exactly set the heather alight since coming in.

Diclonius
07-10-2019, 07:21 PM
I thought they weren't allowed to recall him as we paid a ginormous loan fee?

calumhibee1
07-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Leaves us very short out wide. Boyle is coming back but he’s not even made it on the pitch yet so hopefully not.

bingo70
07-10-2019, 07:24 PM
Wouldn’t really be bothered to be honest.

BegbieHSC
07-10-2019, 07:26 PM
We only signed him cause Boyle got injured. If Boyle’s back soon, i
Can’t say I’d be too bothered if he left either.

Nicho87
Not been given a fair chance imo. Looked decent too me

Sir David Gray
Wouldn’t really be bothered to be honest.

There's quite a few I would say the same about.

MWHIBBIES
07-10-2019, 07:27 PM
Very much doubt he can just be randomly recalled outside of the transfer window. Both clubs will have had to come to an agreement if loan is terminated. Even then he cant play for Rangers until next window because he wont be registered for them.

ionahibby
07-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Maybe not worked out, tbh he's not exactly set the heather alight since coming in.

Hasn’t had much of a run in the team though, so if true suggests something else going on. For a recently signed player loaned or not to be leaving would be very strange indeed.

J-C
07-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Very much doubt he can just be randomly recalled outside of the transfer window. Both clubs will have had to come to an agreement if loan is terminated. Even then he cant play for Rangers until next window because he wont be registered for them.

Unless the lad is unhappy and wants to return.

MWHIBBIES
07-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Unless the lad is unhappy and wants to return.

Which also doesn't matter unless the clubs both agree to terminate the deal.

bingo70
07-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Hasn’t had much of a run in the team though, so if true suggests something else going on. For a recently signed player loaned or not to be leaving would be very strange indeed.

Maybe a condition of the loan was him starting games.

Heisenberg
07-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Don’t think there’s any chance that’s the case.

J-C
07-10-2019, 07:35 PM
Which also doesn't matter unless the clubs both agree to terminate the deal.

They would if it's anything personal.

I can't see any team agreeing a loan deal which means he's a guaranteed as a starter, the rest of the squad wouldn't be happy with that.

The 90+2
07-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Maybe he’s been told he doesn’t fit into the plans? No point sitting on our bench for the guy I suppose.

Hibernian32
07-10-2019, 07:37 PM
Did we not pay something silly like 100k for him? And he could be recalled:aok:

bingo70
07-10-2019, 07:38 PM
They would if it's anything personal.

I can't see any team agreeing a loan deal which means he's a guaranteed as a starter, the rest of the squad wouldn't be happy with that.

Think it’s quite common for there to be financial penalties if the player doesn’t start, Liverpool apparently charge a huge fee for it (can’t remember how much though)

Not exactly the same thing but could come to the same conclusion.

we are hibs
07-10-2019, 07:39 PM
He changed all his photos back ages ago cause of the thick hun bigots were raging about him being in a hibs top because they blame us for their club dying and battering all their players and fans at hampden.

Smartie
07-10-2019, 07:41 PM

I'm convinced Mallan has a contract like that.

It doesn't make sense that he has never, ever been dropped when his form has been patchy at best.

calumhibee1
07-10-2019, 07:43 PM
Did we not pay something silly like 100k for him? And he could be recalled:aok:

I think it’s safe to say that only one of them will be true if any.

bigwheel
07-10-2019, 07:47 PM

Quite a strange thing to do isn’t it ...

The_Horde
07-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Quite a strange thing to do isn’t it ...

Maybe he's been asked to remove it? A loan from Hibs to Rangers is quite a complex situation. Can't remember if it's ever happened before Middleton.

hibbyfraelibby
07-10-2019, 07:51 PM

Cannot rejoin them until window opens.

Unseen work
07-10-2019, 07:53 PM
Would be ridiculous allowing him to leave even if Boyle is coming back. we’re lacking in the final third and need options.

Boyle Allan And Middleton behind Flo seems good to me.

DH1875
07-10-2019, 07:53 PM
Did we really pay a fee for him? If so, how can they recall him? For what its worth, I like him and think he should have had more game time.

brianmc
07-10-2019, 08:10 PM

Did he ever actually have any Hibernian related "stuff" on his social media?
And who was the someone you saw suggesting the Hun were recalling him?
Sounds pure shi'ite to me.

Torto7
07-10-2019, 08:11 PM
I said we should never have signed him and I maintain that position. Fraser Murray has been treated appallingly by PH. Signing Middleton said all the wrong things to our youngsters. It also gives me the boak doing business with Scotlands shame.

This wouldn't bother me and its got nothing to do with GM personally as he seems like he's a nice young lad. I also think he's more suited to playing through the middle.

bingo70
07-10-2019, 08:17 PM
I said we should never have signed him and I maintain that position. Fraser Murray has been treated appallingly by PH. Signing Middleton said all the wrong things to our youngsters. It also gives me the boak doing business with Scotlands shame.

This wouldn't bother me and its got nothing to do with GM personally as he seems like he's a nice young lad. I also think he's more suited to playing through the middle.

He was the wrong signing at the time as he is left footed and plays left wing, he was signed to cover for Boyle, who is obviously a right winger.

Didn’t get it at the time and not surprised it’s not worked out that well so far.

AlbertK86
07-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Did we really pay a fee for him? If so, how can they recall him? For what its worth, I like him and think he should have had more game time.

My understanding is it would be the total we paid over the season to cover some of his wages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianmc
07-10-2019, 08:24 PM
Fwiw I don't think he'll ever make it at the hun.
He's a 'winger' without a trick to beat a man, zero pace and (from what I've seen so far) a non existent final ball.

*This may be partly due to the dross he's along side but I doubt it.

bigwheel
07-10-2019, 08:29 PM
Did he ever actually have any Hibernian related "stuff" on his social media?
And who was the someone you saw suggesting the Hun were recalling him?
Sounds pure shi'ite to me.

Definitely had a few Hibs pictures up on Instagram and a Hibs profile pic ..none there now

The_Horde
07-10-2019, 08:30 PM
Fwiw I don't think he'll ever make it at the hun.
He's a 'winger' without a trick to beat a man, zero pace and (from what I've seen so far) a non existent final ball.

*This may be partly due to the dross he's along side but I doubt it.

The laddie won't make it as a winger, but he could quite easily be converted into a pretty good attacking midfielder.

Smartie
07-10-2019, 08:33 PM
The laddie won't make it as a winger, but he could quite easily be converted into a pretty good attacking midfielder.

I'd been wondering if he might be worth a shot up front, getting onto some of Doidge's flicks?

DarrenSQH
07-10-2019, 08:34 PM
Rather play one of our youngsters than him. Hes looked poor.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2019, 08:46 PM
I hope he's not going back there in the belief that he'll get first team football any time soon.

He's well down the pecking order at Sevco.

3pm
07-10-2019, 08:48 PM
I hope he's not going back there in the belief that he'll get first team football any time soon.

He's well down the pecking order at Sevco.

Not sure he’ll be as high as that.

ahibby
07-10-2019, 08:50 PM
Rather play one of our youngsters than him. Hes looked poor.

Was never going to be the type we need. I didnt want it only accepting after it was clearly going to happen. I dont know who we play wide but even though its not Fraser Murrays position I thought he should play before G M. Not meaning to be bias but GM better than FM I dont think so . At worst they r equal.

brianmc
07-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Definitely had a few Hibs pictures up on Instagram and a Hibs profile pic ..none there now

Ok, thanks for the reply. I don't follow social media that closely (hence my original query).

Hibee Mac
07-10-2019, 08:56 PM
The earlier poster is bang on, where the **** is Fraser Murray? Aside from Porteous he is our biggest talent and has stepped up every time he's played this season.

Absolute disgrace that he's not being given game time, what happened to our club identity of developing young players and giving them a platform to shine when they show they've got it.

Instead we've decided to develop a player for Scotland's shame and sounds like we're paying silly money for the pleasure of doing so. What has happened to the decision making at our club recently!?

hibee-boys
07-10-2019, 08:56 PM
I was excited when we signed the lad, yet to see what all the fuss was about.

07-10-2019, 09:00 PM
Maybe he was getting abuse from Rangers fans about having the Hibs stuff so he's removed it.

brianmc
07-10-2019, 09:05 PM

Yeah, I could see that as a possibility.
He's obviously got a bit of ability.

I just get the feeling he's a nearly man: not tricky or quick enough to be a winger, not sharp enough to be a penalty box striker, not strong enough to be a centre mid... Etc etc.

Don't want to sound like I'm on a mission against the guy but currently I'd file him in the Sam Stanton category of ALMOST a cracking player.

blackpoolhibs
07-10-2019, 09:06 PM
He's just another in a long list who's been a downgrade in quality since our new manager arrived, couldnt care one way or the other if he's gone.

Unseen work
07-10-2019, 09:11 PM
I like him and think he has a lot of potential.

At the end of the day he’s better than our youngsters in that position hence why we’ve brought him in.

BegbieHSC
07-10-2019, 09:14 PM
If he’s not away, is it not a tad disrespectful of him to remove all reference to us regardless? Cause ye know, he’s putting on our shirt, and we’re paying to see him?

bingo70
07-10-2019, 09:14 PM
I like him and think he has a lot of potential.

At the end of the day he’s better than our youngsters in that position hence why we’ve brought him in.

I’m far from convinced he’s any better than Fraser Murray.

Michael
07-10-2019, 09:23 PM
If he’s not away, is it not a tad disrespectful of him to remove all reference to us regardless? Cause ye know, he’s putting on our shirt, and we’re paying to see him?

How many of us were aware he had references to us on social media in the first place? Probably about 2 people.

WhileTheChief..
07-10-2019, 09:25 PM

If we had a player out on loan to Rangers how would you feel if he had their stuff all over his social media?

You’d find that disrespectful to us too no doubt.

Vault Boy
07-10-2019, 09:26 PM
How many of us were aware he had references to us on social media in the first place? Probably about 2 people.

A huge number of fans are engaged with social media. There will be plenty.

He had 'on loan at @HibernianFC' on Instagram and Twitter, both gone with just 'Rangers' remaining. As others have said, he has deleted all pictures of him playing for us. Slightly odd behaviour if he's not off, and still weird to do it before anything is announced if it is the case.

BegbieHSC
07-10-2019, 09:27 PM

Given it’s the 21st century, and social media is now a huge medium for players/clubs to communicate and engage with their fans, I’m willing to bet more than 2, mate.

BegbieHSC
07-10-2019, 09:32 PM
If we had a player out on loan to Rangers how would you feel if he had their stuff all over his social media?

You’d find that disrespectful to us too no doubt.

Ye know, I was just thinking the other day, that Jamie Gullan has been posting hunners of Raith Rovers tweets lately. Am pure beelin!

C’mon man! If Gullan decided to delete all the Rovers tweets and references abruptly, I’d see that as a slight on them.

Same rules apply.

we are hibs
07-10-2019, 09:32 PM
As i said earlier, his twitter has been like that for a wee while now. I had noticed it myself. Dont think hes away, its to do with the huns foaming at the mouth at anything green and white. Probably cant be bothered with the **** he would inevitably get from them.

Hermit Crab
07-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Will be a shame if true. He’s decent.

FilipinoHibs
07-10-2019, 10:12 PM
My understanding is it would be the total we paid over the season to cover some of his wages

The fee is normally the total of the wages to be paid by club being loaned the player. It can be paid by installments. There is a refund of some the fee if the player is recalled.

California-Hibs
08-10-2019, 03:37 AM
Even if he stays at this point, I'll be annoyed that he's taken down his Hibs stuff and has plastered Rangers all over his profile again. Regardless of the circumstances of if Rangers have told him (erm, **** that) or if he's been getting too much abuse and decided to do it himself.

Either suspend your account for the during of the loan or better yet, just put up nutural non football pictures of yourself!

**** this Rangers picture galore, he's a Hibs player this season!

I hate the huns incase you can't tell?

3-2! 🏆

Viva_Palmeiras
08-10-2019, 03:46 AM
Even if he stays at this point, I'll be annoyed that he's taken down his Hibs stuff and has plastered Rangers all over his profile again. Regardless of the circumstances of if Rangers have told him (erm, **** that) or if he's been getting too much abuse and decided to do it himself.

Either suspend your account for the during of the loan or better yet, just put up nutural non football pictures of yourself!

**** this Rangers picture galore, he's a Hibs player this season!

I hate the huns incase you can't tell?

3-2! 🏆

John ‘HTH’ is that you?

Viva_Palmeiras
08-10-2019, 03:54 AM
He’ll be cancelling his HSL next - outrageous!

I get it football is tribal. But his tribe is Rangers. He’s on loan to us even then he is free to put up what he wants on his social media account as long as it’s not bringing the club into disrepute.

Every angle gets scrutinised these days but ultimately it’s what he does for Hibs on the park. Are we not better focusing on that?

Ray_
08-10-2019, 05:02 AM
He can only move during the window, well if he wants to play any football that is.

Since452
08-10-2019, 05:28 AM
If he was a Hibs player I'd be wanting him to go out on loan somewhere and get a replacement in. Says it all really.

JimBHibees
08-10-2019, 05:46 AM
He’ll be cancelling his HSL next - outrageous!

I get it football is tribal. But his tribe is Rangers. He’s on loan to us even then he is free to put up what he wants on his social media account as long as it’s not bringing the club into disrepute.

Every angle gets scrutinised these days but ultimately it’s what he does for Hibs on the park. Are we not better focusing on that?

Absolutely the only thing that is important. Personally would start him every week and don't get why he didn't start Derby or Dons match almost like him and Horgan are being rotated. Which don't think helps either of them.

Brightside
08-10-2019, 07:51 AM
He’s not very good. I’m waiting for the burst of pace we’ve been told about.

calumhibee1
08-10-2019, 07:52 AM

I genuinely thought he had that when he was at Rangers. Not sure if I was imagining it or if he’s being told to play a different way here.

bingo70
08-10-2019, 08:03 AM

He looks to me like a winger that’s been told not to lose possession too many times.

It’s all too safe, controls it, passes it inside, works hard enough but that’s not really what I want from a winger.

Reminds me a bit of Danny Handling when he was put out wide. Would generally come on, not make any mistakes but not offer anywhere near enough of a threat.

calumhibee1
08-10-2019, 08:07 AM
He looks to me like a winger that’s been told not to lose possession too many times.

It’s all too safe, controls it, passes it inside, works hard enough but that’s not really what I want from a winger.

Reminds me a bit of Danny Handling when he was put out wide. Would generally come on, not make any mistakes but not offer anywhere near enough of a threat.

That pisses me off about football in general these days.

Give me a winger who gets the ball down and runs at a man every time.

Last Minute
08-10-2019, 08:21 AM
He is 100% still with us.:agree:

neil7908
08-10-2019, 08:26 AM
If he was a Hibs player I'd be wanting him to go out on loan somewhere and get a replacement in. Says it all really.

Well put. It was a strange decision at the time and only looks even worse with time.

Allant1981
08-10-2019, 08:28 AM
He has the odd glimpse of something but as others have said, if he was our youngster we would be wanting him out on loan to improve, very strange signing if he was supposed to be a replacement for boyle

Carheenlea
08-10-2019, 08:30 AM

My Rangers ST holding mate asked me the other weekend how Middleton was doing, and I highlighted his lack of pace. My mate thought I was winding him up and countered that he is lightning. Yet to see any evidence of this to date though.

J-C
08-10-2019, 08:57 AM
My Rangers ST holding mate asked me the other weekend how Middleton was doing, and I highlighted his lack of pace. My mate thought I was winding him up and countered that he is lightning. Yet to see any evidence of this to date though.

No point in using your pace of you get by the defence just to see no one there to cross it to, our lack of pace in midfield really shows.

hibee-boys
08-10-2019, 09:08 AM
He is 100% still with us.:agree:

He'll be wishing he was away based on the majority feedback on here and social media!

neil7908
08-10-2019, 11:23 AM
He'll be wishing he was away based on the majority feedback on here and social media!

Not the players fault but if you take someone on loan from a club who's fans detest each other its always going to add more pressure.

I have nothing against Middleton and actually think unless something happened behind the scenes we'd be better off keeping him but threads like this were inevitable.

Carheenlea
08-10-2019, 11:30 AM

Not the players fault but if you take someone on loan from a club who's fans detest each other its always going to add more pressure.

I have nothing against Middleton and actually think unless something happened behind the scenes we'd be better off keeping him but threads like this were inevitable.

Can’t say I’ve come across any abuse towards Middleton because he is on loan from Rangers.

dchibs
08-10-2019, 11:35 AM
I thought they weren't allowed to recall him as we paid a ginormous loan fee?

Can we no pay them to take Newell as well.

Smartie
08-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Can’t say I’ve come across any abuse towards Middleton because he is on loan from Rangers.

Middleton's been pretty well received and can't point to any abuse from our fans whatsoever. He's chosen to come and play for us and he's putting in the required effort so there's no reason he should be abused.

I feel a bit sorry for him as he'll have thought he was joining a very different team to carry out a very different role ie join a good team who want to attack. He's joined an atrocious team who have had to resort to getting everyone behind the ball in order to get some sort of foothold in what was (still is) in danger of turning into a disaster.

He could have done with a lot more help from a lot more players on the pitch, none more so than Lewis Stevenson who has looked more tentative and unwilling to support going forward than he has done throughout his entire career with us.

Our current formation seems to suit our current players really badly, none more so than Middleton who has often found himself totally isolated stuck out on the wing with very little chance of managing to produce any sort of end product whatsoever, after his first couple of appearances produced a couple of assists.

MrRobot
08-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Can we no pay them to take Newell as well.

:rolleyes:

jacomo
08-10-2019, 11:58 AM

I know he’s only on loan, but he currently represents Hibs yet his social media is awash in Hunnery. It’s not a good look.

Hibiza
08-10-2019, 12:19 PM
Saw someone suggest the Huns are recalling him? 👋

ekhibee
08-10-2019, 12:45 PM
Middleton's been pretty well received and can't point to any abuse from our fans whatsoever. He's chosen to come and play for us and he's putting in the required effort so there's no reason he should be abused.

I feel a bit sorry for him as he'll have thought he was joining a very different team to carry out a very different role ie join a good team who want to attack. He's joined an atrocious team who have had to resort to getting everyone behind the ball in order to get some sort of foothold in what was (still is) in danger of turning into a disaster.

He could have done with a lot more help from a lot more players on the pitch, none more so than Lewis Stevenson who has looked more tentative and unwilling to support going forward than he has done throughout his entire career with us.

Our current formation seems to suit our current players really badly, none more so than Middleton who has often found himself totally isolated stuck out on the wing with very little chance of managing to produce any sort of end product whatsoever, after his first couple of appearances produced a couple of assists.

Yep, pretty well agree with all of that. He does look isolated, but then at times he looks as if he's playing out of position. He's not really a replacement for Boyle, who's definitely a right winger. Rangers fans I know said he's predominantly left sided or mid.

JimBHibees
08-10-2019, 12:46 PM
Yep, pretty well agree with all of that. He does look isolated, but then at times he looks as if he's playing out of position. He's not really a replacement for Boyle, who's definitely a right winger. Rangers fans I know said he's predominantly left sided or mid.

Agree don't think there is any benefit of playing him on the right IMO.

mentalhibee
08-10-2019, 01:10 PM
He’s bang average, I’d rather see a hibs youngster getting a chance over Middleton. I’d understand the signing if he was an outstanding prospect but I’d say Fraser Murray looks a better player and would do just as well out wide. If he’s not proud to have the Hibs stuff on his social media then he can leave.

Golden Bear
08-10-2019, 01:22 PM
He’s bang average, I’d rather see a hibs youngster getting a chance over Middleton. I’d understand the signing if he was an outstanding prospect but I’d say Fraser Murray looks a better player and would do just as well out wide. If he’s not proud to have the Hibs stuff on his social media then he can leave.

That could be very harsh.

We've absolutely no idea what has happened but I'd guess that the poor guy may have been receiving abuse or worse and if so, then who can blame him for acting the way he has?

Gaffer1875
08-10-2019, 07:23 PM
He’s still at Hibs. No idea why he’s deleted Hibs of his social media but does it really matter.

Info that he’s still with us came from another Gers youth player who’s best pals with him.

Just_Jimmy
08-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Still on his Instagram so doubt it.

I have no issues signing players from sevco like we did with daz. It sticks in the craw loaning them though. I know it's petty but it's how I feel.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
08-10-2019, 11:41 PM
We were sold " pacey winger that runs at defenders!" and I bought it and looked forward to seeing him terrorising the opposition,
but if not for this thread I had all but forgotten about him.
To say his impact has been minimal would be an understatement.

Forza Fred
08-10-2019, 11:54 PM
We were sold " pacey winger that runs at defenders!" and I bought it and looked forward to seeing him terrorising the opposition,
but if not for this thread I had all but forgotten about him.
To say his impact has been minimal would be an understatement.

Yep, agree with that.

His permanent spot is on the bench as far as I can see.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-10-2019, 03:47 AM

I thought in the relatively short time he was on against Hearts he shows directness and promise - can’t comment on the other games.

Let’s not condemn him before he’s had a chance I mean how long are we giving players or is it the instant success “just add water” we’re demanding?

Viva_Palmeiras
09-10-2019, 03:55 AM
Do we get too fixated with social media?
Fakery, wind-ups, trolls.
There’s a whole lot of noise out there.
I read some wheee “how do you know you’re statement/idea is wrong ? Just put it up on the internet and wait.’
I wonder how extensive the social media training is and what it covers. They’re mainly young lads we all make decisions that have unintended/unforeseen consequences. But ultimately actions speak louder than words. Let’s see what he can do going fwd on the park that’s the most relevant thing.

Since452
09-10-2019, 05:23 AM
Do we get too fixated with social media?
Fakery, wind-ups, trolls.
There’s a whole lot of noise out there.
I read some wheee “how do you know you’re statement/idea is wrong ? Just put it up on the internet and wait.’
I wonder how extensive the social media training is and what it covers. They’re mainly young lads we all make decisions that have unintended/unforeseen consequences. But ultimately actions speak louder than words. Let’s see what he can do going fwd on the park that’s the most relevant thing.

I've actually just got rid of Twitter and got rid of Facebook some time ago. Found it hard not to bite at some of the nonsence spouted. Can't stand social media (hibs.net not included 😉)

BILLYHIBS
09-10-2019, 06:04 AM
Gets my support as long as he pulls on the famous green and white and continues to give us 100 % on the park or until the club tell us differently

:thumbsup:

judas
09-10-2019, 06:08 AM
I was going to say that I am pleased, because I don’t like the idea that we are developing a rivals player.

Then I remembered Hendo.

Robbo6-2
09-10-2019, 06:31 AM
I dont care that hes a Rangers player.

He just not very good or better than what we have in our own youth setup

superfurryhibby
09-10-2019, 07:25 AM
Whilst acknowledging the poor set up and balance of the side as factors in Middleton’s poor contributions, there is also a clear lack of confidence in his own abilities and lack of football intelligence there too.

To be fair, I missed the derby so I didn’t catch his short cameo in that game, but overall I been unimpressed. He appears unwilling to try and take a man on by going round the outside and using his pace, instead he’s looking for a pass inside, often to a man who is in no better position than him. This was exemplified v Celtic. He had the ball, the defence was quite narrow with a lot of space out wide. He tried to pass inside, the ball was cut out and hit back off him, forcing him to carry on his run. He went straight on and was dispossessed easily. There was the freedom of the pitch out wide. I didn’t understand why he couldn’t work that out. Knock the baw wide, get the head down and go for it.

That scenario sums him up for me, regardless of other factors. Perhaps better coaching could help his decision making. It just seems like basic level game intelligence to me.

I would be playing Murray in that position, or at least giving him the same opportunity to make an impact.

The 90+2
09-10-2019, 07:28 AM
I dont care that hes a Rangers player.

He just not very good or better than what we have in our own youth setup

Henderson mentioned above took a while to get into the swing of things also and was sub a lot. Games will give the player confidence and there’s clearly a player in there.

DTS
09-10-2019, 08:48 AM
I think Middleton is a good option to have, look at the impact he had coming on against hearts the few runs etc nearly scoring. When boyles fit again I hope we see Middleton/Horgan one side and boyle the other that should share the weight of counter pace about. It will be easier to run at defenders when you’re not the only person in the team capable of it. And as much as it pains me I think he’s been hindered with playing on the left as Stevenson has offered 0 in the final third this season, he has looked reluctant to even play a forward pass. But hopefully when boyles back Middleton/Horgan on the left boyle on the right will see an upturn from all 3

Robbo6-2
09-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Henderson mentioned above took a while to get into the swing of things also and was sub a lot. Games will give the player confidence and there’s clearly a player in there.

Another myth.

Henderson was a sub for half a dozen games in a 45 game season

The 90+2
09-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Another myth.

Henderson was a sub for half a dozen games in a 45 game season

He played a full 90 mins for us once before November. I did think he was a sub a lot more mind you, must have just been him getting subbed 👍

What else was a myth by the way?

Centre Hawf
09-10-2019, 11:59 AM
I don't think he's a bad player. But you have to ask yourself if he was a Hibs youngster putting in those performances would anyone be excited about them as a prospect? Not sure I would.

neil7908
09-10-2019, 12:54 PM
I thought in the relatively short time he was on against Hearts he shows directness and promise - can’t comment on the other games.

Let’s not condemn him before he’s had a chance I mean how long are we giving players or is it the instant success “just add water” we’re demanding?

This is the problem with taking players on loan though. He's with us for a year so unfortunately we don't have the luxury of giving him half the season to get up to speed.

We're effectively improving one of ours rivals players. I'm not crazy about that but if the person coming in is immediately a step above what we have then fair enough.

But if he's getting minutes with us to improve and show his form but our own young guys like Murray aren't then something ain't right.

ancient hibee
09-10-2019, 03:29 PM
He shouldn’t need getting up to speed as he’s played fairly regularly including for the Scottish under 21s and a fair number of games for Rangers last season and presumably took part in their pre season.

Smartie
09-10-2019, 04:45 PM
There's nothing wrong with his fitness, he's up to speed.

The problem he has is that he's been launched into an atrocious team whose tactics don't suit the personnel. There are a few good players who have struggled in our team this year.

He was very good for the U21s last month and it wouldn't surprise me if he went on to have an excellent career. He won't look back on this spell with much fondness.

Helensburghhibs
09-10-2019, 07:15 PM

The problem he has is that he's been launched into an atrocious team whose tactics don't suit the personnel. There are a few good players who have struggled in our team this year.

He was very good for the U21s last month and it wouldn't surprise me if he went on to have an excellent career. He won't look back on this spell with much fondness.

He also played more central the time I watched the 21s and was very effective in there

Irish-Hibee
09-10-2019, 07:42 PM
Whether he's good enough or not I don't care! But it's disrespectful to hibs to just delete everything. I don't buy into this thing that he's being forced to by the Huns.

Did they make Jason Cummings delete everything Hibs related? No!

He can get ta ******!

MWHIBBIES
09-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Whether he's good enough or not I don't care! But it's disrespectful to hibs to just delete everything. I don't buy into this thing that he's being forced to by the Huns.

He can get ta ******!

Yeah, thats the same right enough.

Dashing Bob S
09-10-2019, 08:02 PM

He can get ta ******!

Im on the other side. I care that we signed a football player who isn’t good enough. I couldn’t give a damn about their social media accounts.

SON OF PADDY
09-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Whilst acknowledging the poor set up and balance of the side as factors in Middleton’s poor contributions, there is also a clear lack of confidence in his own abilities and lack of football intelligence there too.

To be fair, I missed the derby so I didn’t catch his short cameo in that game, but overall I been unimpressed. He appears unwilling to try and take a man on by going round the outside and using his pace, instead he’s looking for a pass inside, often to a man who is in no better position than him. This was exemplified v Celtic. He had the ball, the defence was quite narrow with a lot of space out wide. He tried to pass inside, the ball was cut out and hit back off him, forcing him to carry on his run. He went straight on and was dispossessed easily. There was the freedom of the pitch out wide. I didn’t understand why he couldn’t work that out. Knock the baw wide, get the head down and go for it.

That scenario sums him up for me, regardless of other factors. Perhaps better coaching could help his decision making. It just seems like basic level game intelligence to me.

I would be playing Murray in that position, or at least giving him the same opportunity to make an impact.

Good summary!
Completely agree with your comments regarding Murray, we should be giving our own youngsters first chance.

tamig
09-10-2019, 08:40 PM
The fee is normally the total of the wages to be paid by club being loaned the player. It can be paid by installments. There is a refund of some the fee if the player is recalled.

I think you’re maybe jumping to conclusions. How would you know the terms of the deal? The arrangement could be set up in a multitude of ways.

tamig
09-10-2019, 08:41 PM

He can get ta ******!
And how does this compare to when Cummings was there?

Heckys Wheel
09-10-2019, 09:39 PM

He can get ta ******!

Apart from the Cummings comparison being utter nonsense.... You don’t care if he’s good enough to play for us but you do care what he posts on social media? 🤔

Golden Bear
10-10-2019, 10:55 AM

Did they make Jason Cummings delete everything Hibs related?
He can get ta ******!

Jeezo! Definitely a contender for most ridiculous post of the year!

Helensburghhibs
10-10-2019, 11:04 AM

He can get ta ******!

Your well in front of Glen in the que of people who should GTF.

calumhibee1
10-10-2019, 08:13 PM
See Hibs have uploaded pictures to social media of Glenn Middleton playing for Scotland and referring to him as our on loan winger.. can put that one to bed then.

The 90+2
10-10-2019, 09:25 PM

He can get ta ******!

Alright Stokesy?

I still love you mate 💚💚💚

p.s everyone ripping the post, read again in a Stokesy accent.

pps what’s the deleted word if it’s not F...?

The 90+2
10-10-2019, 09:28 PM
See Hibs have uploaded pictures to social media of Glenn Middleton playing for Scotland and referring to him as our on loan winger.. can put that one to bed then.

Glenn sounds a Tory name, he’s the devil mate.

Sammy7nil
10-10-2019, 09:30 PM
He was MOM tonight all be it in a 0-0 draw.

Phil MaGlass
11-10-2019, 07:45 AM
He was MOM tonight all be it in a 0-0 draw.

Aye, hes crap right enough. Says more about Hecky, if I think about it.

Phil MaGlass
11-10-2019, 07:46 AM

This.

portyfelly
11-10-2019, 09:19 AM
so back again after not leaving.... slow friday zzzzzzzzzzz:cb