PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers

Glory Lurker
06-10-2019, 07:40 PM
Look the complete real deal. It is an unpleasant thing to admit, but they are a swashbuckling outfit at the moment. I think it will take something really special from Celtic to retain the title, and I don't think they've got it.

The Ibrox woes over the last 7 years have been a great laugh. Celtic running away with things hasn't been enjoyable but at least the gnashing of orc teeth gave a bit of compensation. I think we're about to lose that, unfortunately.

bingo70
06-10-2019, 07:43 PM
Look the complete real deal. It is an unpleasant thing to admit, but they are a swashbuckling outfit at the moment. I think it will take something really special from Celtic to retain the title, and I don't think they've got it.

The Ibrox woes over the last 7 years have been a great laugh. Celtic running away with things hasn't been enjoyable but at least the gnashing of orc teeth gave a bit of compensation. I think we're about to lose that, unfortunately.

Worth remembering that Hearts won the league in September last season but ended up finishing about 400 points behind Celtic.

Don’t think The Rangers will fall away as bad as Hearts did but I’m not at panic stations just yet.

Weegreenman
06-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Still a very long way to go but The Rangers look a formidable side at home.
Away from home, they’ll get found out at the back.

Celtic to win the league by five point margin for me.

Carheenlea
06-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Whoever is top be it Celtic or Rangers - it’s an Old Firm win.

Sir David Gray
06-10-2019, 07:50 PM
I think they'll win the league this year.

makaveli1875
06-10-2019, 07:53 PM
If Defoe stays fit they're going to take some stopping, best forward in the league by a mile

DH1875
06-10-2019, 07:56 PM
If its still this close in January, Celtic will spend big time and blow them out the water.

darwenhibby
06-10-2019, 07:56 PM
I think Celtc might just open the biscuit tin in January
Don’t like either of them

BILLYHIBS
06-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Agree The Rangers look formidable but still a long way to go and my money would still be on Celtic

Celtic easily dismantled The Rangers at Ibroke a month ago

Celtic still have the better squad imo and they were very good versus Cluj on Thursday

If The Rangers are close come January Celtic will simply use their CL money and buy the League

Not sure if Neil Lennon will survive the season though

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2019, 08:06 PM
sevco will win the league unfortunately, i'd rather heartz won it than they gits

Kojock
06-10-2019, 08:07 PM
sevco will win the league unfortunately, i'd rather heartz won it than they gits

Too far

Smartie
06-10-2019, 08:08 PM
I'm still holding out hope that if Celtic get to 10 then Sevco might follow their predecessors into the grave.

Celtic have stumbled at 2 difficult away grounds, loads of football still to be played yet.

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Too far

i've mellowed over the years :)

but i may still change my mind if heartz look like winning the half-term league, or even one of the monthly league titles

Sir David Gray
06-10-2019, 08:12 PM

Just nah.

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 08:14 PM

No chance.

Alfred E Newman
06-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Can't say I'll be loosing any sleep over which one of that pair wins the league. I'm more concerned about what's going on at the other end of the table.

calumhibee1
06-10-2019, 08:21 PM
They’re a very good side this season.

hibbysam
06-10-2019, 08:32 PM
‘Oh id rather Celtic win the league than rangers’ guff rears it’s head again. I’m absolutely loving the meltdown the Tims are having because someone is above them in the league. The ‘operation stop 10’ nonsense about refs having it in for them is great fun yet again. Couldn’t care less which one of them win the league if it’s not us, the hysteria from the side lagging behind is top drawer viewing.

Hi Heid Yin
06-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Sevco's swashbuckling footie must surely see them win their very first ever league championship.

Since their inception in 2012 this Glasgow Rangers tribute act have done well to rise up through the Scottish leagues, and came close to claiming their first piece of major silverware when defeated 2-3 by Hibernian in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.

Captain Trips
06-10-2019, 09:35 PM
#### The Rangers.

06-10-2019, 09:43 PM
**** rangers. I hope they never win a match until they die. Again. ****.

Lago
06-10-2019, 09:53 PM
Whoever is top be it Celtic or Rangers - it’s an Old Firm win.
Both are streets ahead of the rest of the league, unfortunately.

Smartie
06-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Both are streets ahead of the rest of the league, unfortunately.

Without wishing to be to miserly about their achievements in putting decent teams together, the fact that Celtic and Rangers are so far ahead of the rest has been more to do with horrific ineptitude on behalf of the bigger other clubs such as ourselves, Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee United than anything special Celtic or Rangers have done.

I don't get the Rangers love in. They're a wee bit better than they were in recent years, everyone is far too quick to show them too much respect and be petrified of them and that's one of the reasons they are miles ahead of the rest of us.

If it wasn't for nuggets like Heckingbottom, McInnes and Levein squandering decent amounts of cash putting underachieving squads together they'd be nowhere near as far ahead as they seem to many to be.

FilipinoHibs
06-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Don't like either of the old firm but be good to stop the Celtic run now. Next season there would be an unhealthy focus on 10 in a row if Celtic win this season. Plus it will shut the boasters up who I think are even worse in lauding it over people than the blue side. Also, some egg on the face for Lennon who can't manage unless he has a significantly better squad than anybody else.

ekhibee
06-10-2019, 11:32 PM
Without wishing to be to miserly about their achievements in putting decent teams together, the fact that Celtic and Rangers are so far ahead of the rest has been more to do with horrific ineptitude on behalf of the bigger other clubs such as ourselves, Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee United than anything special Celtic or Rangers have done.

I don't get the Rangers love in. They're a wee bit better than they were in recent years, everyone is far too quick to show them too much respect and be petrified of them and that's one of the reasons they are miles ahead of the rest of us.

If it wasn't for nuggets like Heckingbottom, McInnes and Levein squandering decent amounts of cash putting underachieving squads together they'd be nowhere near as far ahead as they seem to many to be.

1st paragraph: 6/10
2nd paragraph: 8/10
3rd paragraph: 10/10

Man Down Under
07-10-2019, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure I'd be bothered if Rangers won the league, anyone but Celtic again. Im forever grateful it was them we beat to win the Scottish cup so I'll give them a bit more slack.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Steve20
07-10-2019, 05:38 AM
When it comes to the matches against Celtic, they’ll get found out like the other week at Ibrox. Celtic cruised that.

Celtic should still be strong favourites.

Bangkok Hibby
07-10-2019, 05:49 AM
Agree The Rangers look formidable but still a long way to go and my money would still be on Celtic

Celtic easily dismantled The Rangers at Ibroke a month ago

Celtic still have the better squad imo and they were very good versus Cluj on Thursday

If The Rangers are close come January Celtic will simply use their CL money and buy the League

Not sure if Neil Lennon will survive the season though

As soon as I saw Lennon off to Celtic I backed the Rangers. Might yet be proved wrong but I'll get a good run for my money.

BILLYHIBS
07-10-2019, 06:35 AM
As soon as I saw Lennon off to Celtic I backed the Rangers. Might yet be proved wrong but I'll get a good run for my money.

A loss at Livvy a point at Easter Road I can see the fans turning I also noticed Scotty Brown did not look best pleased at being hooked yesterday As others have said it is only early October

calumhibee1
07-10-2019, 07:16 AM

This Rangers team are miles ahead of what they’ve been in recent years. The Rangers team from our first season back up were a mile off this one and this season they’ve improved quite a bit from last imo.

The Modfather
07-10-2019, 07:20 AM
I’d love for Neil “born winner” Lennon to be the man to stop 10 in a row. Other than that it makes no difference what one of the two wins the league each season.

bigwheel
07-10-2019, 07:29 AM
I’d love for Neil “born winner” Lennon to be the man to stop 10 in a row. Other than that it makes no difference what one of the two wins the league each season.

I’ll never understand the dislike for Neil Lennon from fans on here ...did all he could for us when he was here ...wasn’t perfect , but who is ?

The 90+2
07-10-2019, 07:34 AM
I’ll never understand the dislike for Neil Lennon from fans on here ...did all he could for us when he was here ...wasn’t perfect , but who is ?

He was working his ticket for 6 months and left us in the ****.

Keith_M
07-10-2019, 07:46 AM
How exactly does admitting that a team we hate are actually playing well equate to a 'love in'?

Is this like the 'celtic love in' that some people accuse other Hibs fans of because they've said they hate The Rangers slightly more?

Wierd.

hibsbollah
07-10-2019, 07:53 AM
I just hate them. Seeing them on top of the table gives me the boak.

BILLYHIBS
07-10-2019, 07:57 AM

:agree:

Threw his toys oot the pram big time went on a horrendous run of form bullied young players (allegedly) didnae want to be here fell out with his boss (allegedly) it was time to go left by mutual consent

Oh and thanks for the good times that roller coaster ride from January to May was great while it lasted

:greengrin

The Modfather
07-10-2019, 08:05 AM

I didn’t like him before he became Hibs manager, his spats with Duffy and the fourth official meltdown at Killie, as well as threats to quit, did nothing to endear me to him.

That said, doesn’t mean I can’t look at his time here objectively. First season - turgid but promotion. Second season, 6 months as exciting and enjoyable as I’ve seen from any Hibs manager. Third season - shambles.

One Day
07-10-2019, 08:58 AM

Never

FilipinoHibs
07-10-2019, 09:02 AM

Threw his toys oot the pram big time went on a horrendous run of form bullied young players (allegedly) didnae want to be here fell out with his boss (allegedly) it was time to go left by mutual consent

Oh and thanks for the good times that roller coaster ride from January to May was great while it lasted

:greengrin

I had young colleague in office in Si galore who was a big Hibby from East Lothian. Friends with some of the young players who told him Lennon belittled players particularly the young ones and had lost the dressing room.

FilipinoHibs
07-10-2019, 09:03 AM
Never

Agree never. We would literally never hear the end of it.

Iain G
07-10-2019, 10:57 AM
I had young colleague in office in Si galore who was a big Hibby from East Lothian. Friends with some of the young players who told him Lennon belittled players particularly the young ones and had lost the dressing room.

They should really put some better directional signage up at Easter Road, so many managers keep on losing that dressing room...

WeeRussell
07-10-2019, 11:01 AM
When it comes to the matches against Celtic, they’ll get found out like the other week at Ibrox. Celtic cruised that.

Celtic should still be strong favourites.

Rumble de Thump
07-10-2019, 11:18 AM
How much debt has Sevco got itself into in order to reach this position? The club would already be dead if it hadn't been for Mike Ashley's emergency loan. And Sevco didn't even honour the deal they made with him.

BILLYHIBS
07-10-2019, 11:19 AM
How much debt has Sevco got itself into in order to reach this position? The club would already be dead if it hadn't been for Mike Ashley's emergency loan. And Sevco didn't even honour the deal they made with him.

Can’t be long now

Got my popcorn ready

hibeerealist
07-10-2019, 11:37 AM

Never!

CathroMustStay
07-10-2019, 11:44 AM

False.

Deansy
07-10-2019, 11:57 AM
The Hun winning the league is just unthinkable, unbearable but thankfully unlikely - I think Septic have just got too much strength in depth over them.

One Day Soon
07-10-2019, 12:25 PM
There is absolutely no chance Rangers will win the league this year. None.

Having said that I couldn't care which bum cheek of that particular ar5e wins it. Equally vile, equally cancerous for Scottish football, equally parasitical on our game.

Gloucester Hibs
07-10-2019, 12:31 PM
The Hun winning the league is just unthinkable, unbearable but thankfully unlikely - I think Septic have just got too much strength in depth over them.

Yep. Also Celtc will crack open the biscuit tin and splash the cash in January if there is anything remotely resembling a title race.

Be prepared for some decidedly dodgy decisions towards the end of the season though, no referee will want to be known as the guy who cost Sevco/Celtc the title :rolleyes:

heretoday
07-10-2019, 12:39 PM
It's good that Celtic have a serious contender again.

calumhibee1
07-10-2019, 12:48 PM
There is absolutely no chance Rangers will win the league this year. None.

Having said that I couldn't care which bum cheek of that particular ar5e wins it. Equally vile, equally cancerous for Scottish football, equally parasitical on our game.

I suspect Celtic will win it but there’s definitely not no chance of Rangers winning it.

We keep getting told that our goal difference is a good indicator of where we are, almost as much as points gained. Rangers GD is significantly better than Celtics and they’ve also got more points.

I reckon it’ll go to the wire.

easty
07-10-2019, 12:54 PM
They did look impressive in the highlights of the weekend game. Some really good one and two touch stuff.

I really hope Celtc beat them to the title though...not that I have any love for Celtc at all, but I'd hate for Rangers to get even a look in at the Champions League. They're a financial basket case. How can a team like that afford the likes of Ryan Kent (£7m?) and that Helander boy (£4m?). They must be chucking money at the playing side in the hope of a Champions League place and the money that comes with it. I hope they fail this year, throw more money at them next year, and fail again, repeat this until they end up going bust please.

BILLYHIBS
07-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Celtic win it!

They got a wake up call yesterday

KeithTheHibby
07-10-2019, 12:55 PM
The only good thing about the Huns winning the league is that Celtic don't.

Both are as ****my as the other.

danhibees1875
07-10-2019, 12:57 PM
Celtic winning the league and their 10 in a row patter is awful, but at least they're mostly aiming it at rangers.
Rangers winning the league and their first major trophy is awful, but at least they'd mostly aim it at Celtic.
Hearts winning the league would be worse than both of those combined.

Hibs to win the league is what I'd want. :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
07-10-2019, 01:06 PM
They did look impressive in the highlights of the weekend game. Some really good one and two touch stuff.

I really hope Celtc beat them to the title though...not that I have any love for Celtc at all, but I'd hate for Rangers to get even a look in at the Champions League. They're a financial basket case. How can a team like that afford the likes of Ryan Kent (£7m?) and that Helander boy (£4m?). They must be chucking money at the playing side in the hope of a Champions League place and the money that comes with it. I hope they fail this year, throw more money at them next year, and fail again, repeat this until they end up going bust please.

They're chucking money at it in a desperate attempt to stop 10iar. The Sevco board are all diehard Huns. They've spent way beyond their means but unless/until their directors run out of cash or want their money back, they won't go bust.

I hope Celtc get to 10iar because it might cause a New Hun implosion. The rest of Scottish football gets a look in when one of them is weak. And if the New Huns weaken significantly then over time, Celtc will too.

Spike Mandela
07-10-2019, 01:36 PM

Yip disappointing. I know people like to dismiss the bigot brothers as two cheeks of the same arse but Rangers are guilty of monumental cheating in Scottish football, with the authorities complicit, which meant we were paying for a rigged game for years and I don’t want them to ever win **** all.

The good news is that they have personnel at all levels who are perfectly capable of making sure it all blows up in their bigoted faces.

Since452
07-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Think Celtic will still have the quality in the end however they made a gigantic mistake appointing Neil Lennon. Who leaves a club an absolute shambles on a massive winless streak and ends up at the champions? Crazy. The gap has definitely closed between them. Our pumping at Ibrox with 10 men has been put firmly in perspective.

Deansy
07-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Yip disappointing. I know people like to dismiss the bigot brothers as two cheeks of the same arse but Rangers are guilty of monumental cheating in Scottish football, with the authorities complicit, which meant we were paying for a rigged game for years and I don’t want them to ever win **** all.

The good news is that they have personnel at all levels who are perfectly capable of making sure it all blows up in their bigoted faces.

That's where I'm at with the Hun-s**m - I know it's not good for our game, Septic winning league-after-league, but if there is a consolation it's that as every season passes and gets nearer 10-in-a-row it'll do major, long-term damage to the cheating filth !

Crazyhorse
07-10-2019, 04:16 PM

I’d like to see them do the double like in 1986.

emerald green
07-10-2019, 05:28 PM
F*** Sevco. That is all.

BILLYHIBS
07-10-2019, 05:33 PM
F*** Sevco. That is all.

This

hibbydog
07-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Can't say I'll be loosing any sleep over which one of that pair wins the league. I'm more concerned about what's going on at the other end of the table.

This in spades. Couldn’t give a flying one about which of the bigot brothers wins the league.

Betty Boop
07-10-2019, 05:34 PM
Jermaine Defoe skooshing it up here he"s some player.

Hiber-nation
07-10-2019, 05:35 PM
Jermaine Defoe skooshing it up here he"s some player.

Easy enough in the poorest quality SPL for many a year.

Killiehibbie
07-10-2019, 06:44 PM
I'd rather they won nothing just so I can keep telling them they've won **** all, bar a few minor trophies, since they let their club die. Celtic win it again, so what.