PDA

View Full Version : Stats Since Last Seasons Split

Hermit Crab
06-10-2019, 02:16 PM
League Stats Since Last Seasons Split

Unless I've miscalculated this is not good viewing...

We have won 1 league match out of 13.

We have drawn 5 of those games.

We have lost 7 of those games.

We have scored 9 goals in 13 games.

We have conceded 22 goals in 13 games.

We have picked up a mere 8 points out of a possible 39 available.

We have never come from behind to win a match or win a point in these games. We even blew a lead vs 10 men yesterday

We have been in winning positions in 6 of those games, going on to lose 2 of them and draw 4 of them.

2 draws and 3 defeats in our last 5 league matches, thats 2 points out of 15.

It simply is not good enough. There is nothing positive about these stats. We can't keep going on like this as this form is absolutely relegation stuff. The manager isn't good enough, his signings are not good enough and we as fans should not be subjected to this rubbish week after week. Something has to change and fast. Defeat at Hamilton in 2 weeks time could see us 2nd bottom of the league as St Mirren play St Johnstone.

I get slaughtered for being negative but look at the stats, its horrendous. We had a great chance to win a match yesterday and win it fairly comfortably. The players blew it with their finishing and they bottled it. The managers game management plans, or lack of is extremely worrying. Time for some to take the green tinted specs off and realise we are a terrible team in dire straits!!

Discuss.

Heisenberg
06-10-2019, 02:18 PM
Neil Lennon got sacked for taking us on a similar run. Hecky isn’t the man. He’s proven as much. Time to go.

JohnM1875
06-10-2019, 02:23 PM
I knew it was bad, but I didn't think it was that grim! Jesus. Pathetic form.

we are hibs
06-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Stop being so negative by stating facts!!!!!

BT58
06-10-2019, 02:27 PM
How many games have we been ahead but couldnt hold on ??. Also when was the last time we scored more than 1 ??
B

bingo70
06-10-2019, 02:28 PM
I’ll add to the negative stats.......Not won a league game by more than one since we beat Motherwell 2-0 in March.

green day
06-10-2019, 02:29 PM

We have never come from behind to win a match or win a point in these games. We even blew a lead vs 10 men yesterday

We have been in winning positions in 6 of those games, going on to lose 2 of them and draw 4 of them.

It simply is not good enough. There is nothing positive about these stats. We can't keep going on like this as this form is absolutely relegation stuff. The manager isn't good enough, his signings are not good enough and we as fans should not be subjected to this rubbish week after week. Something has to change and fast. Defeat at Hamilton in 2 weeks time could see us 2nd bottom of the league as St Mirren play St Johnstone.

I get slaughtered for being negative but look at the stats, its horrendous. We had a great chance to win a match yesterday and win it fairly comfortably. The players blew it with their finishing and they bottled it. The managers game management plans, or lack of is extremely worrying. Time for some to take the green tinted specs off and realise we are a terrible team in dire straits!!

Discuss.

Get back on the PM board sharpish theres a boy over there calling me negative :greengrin

p.s. No discussion required, he needs to go - those stats are awful and I while the Celtic result was ok, Livingston just beat them and that Dons team is pretty rank too.

Hermit Crab
06-10-2019, 02:31 PM
How many games have we been ahead but couldnt hold on ??. Also when was the last time we scored more than 1 ??
B

6 of those games we have been ahead and failed to win.

Last time we scored more than 2 in the league was away back on the 22nd of February where won 2-4 away to Dundee.

Hermit Crab
06-10-2019, 02:32 PM
Get back on the PM board sharpish theres a boy over there calling me negative :greengrin

p.s. No discussion required, he needs to go - those stats are awful and I while the Celtic result was ok, Livingston just beat them and that Dons team is pretty rank too.

I'll copy and paste this to the PM board as I know some members don't bother with the MB at times

Hermit Crab
06-10-2019, 02:33 PM
Stop being so negative by stating facts!!!!!

I know, pesky facts and their truth eh. :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
06-10-2019, 02:37 PM
But Christian Doidge won some headers against Kilmarnock

Hermit Crab
06-10-2019, 02:39 PM

****, forgot about that, how silly of me. I take back everything I just posted. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2019, 02:46 PM
worth remembering the players are still gelling

mon the gellers

Jim44
06-10-2019, 03:00 PM

Discuss.

Just a word on the highlighted comment, which is your own and which is certainly true. There is nothing wrong with being negative as long as it is realistic. There are plenty more ( and I include myself ) punters on here who can be very negative and pessimisic but very often your negativity is badly timed, mischievous and designed to wind up others. That said, your post is fair comment, food for thought and really quite depressing.

Borderhibbie76
06-10-2019, 03:00 PM
Amazing that some fans on here and twitter are still defending Hecky...hes got to go for me...

He clearly isn't going anywhere but anything less than 3 wins from next 3 and the board surely have to fire him??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
06-10-2019, 03:20 PM
I get slaughtered for being negative...

...Discuss.

TBF, you predicted that we would get something from yesterday's game and you were right.

hibeerealist
06-10-2019, 03:33 PM

Discuss.

DEPRESSING ..... and the happy clappers wonder why we don’t want to give him more time to take us further down the black hole.

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 03:34 PM
I'll copy and paste this to the PM board as I know some members don't bother with the MB at times

Snobs :greengrin

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Amazing that some fans on here and twitter are still defending Hecky...hes got to go for me...

He clearly isn't going anywhere but anything less than 3 wins from next 3 and the board surely have to fire him??

You win the prize for being the only poster recently with “hibee” at the end of a location that doesn’t go absolutely mental at the thought of sacking the manager 😁

Hermit Crab
06-10-2019, 03:39 PM

Direct them to this thread. :agree:

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 03:42 PM
Direct them to this thread. :agree:

Have you been a successful top manager or coach?

Have you been head of player recruitment for a football team?

Have you got a degree in anything apart from being a doom and gloom merchant let alone a football coach?

Are you not more concerned about your ***** team over in Gorgie? There’s no way you go to games let alone have a home and away season ticket.

Just thought I would get they replies out the way likesy 😉

BoomtownHibees
06-10-2019, 03:52 PM
Aye but we’re building positive momentum with an impressive 3 draws

green with envy
06-10-2019, 03:56 PM

And he led the line well against Celtic.

Baader
06-10-2019, 04:01 PM
Basically relegation form. There are squads far worse than ours, totally unacceptable.

kaimendhibs
06-10-2019, 04:31 PM

Discuss.Agree 100 per cent G

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

H18S NX
06-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Motherwell result finished it for me.

Onion
06-10-2019, 04:47 PM
Those stats are stark and horrible, remind us all of just how bad things have become - and why Heckingbottom should have been summarily fired right after the P45 derby. There should have been no way back fro him and it is to the Board's shame that he remains in the job.

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2019, 04:56 PM
well i've posted my season ticket back to the club

ok, i've not actually got a season ticket, i've just always wanted to say that

One Day Soon
06-10-2019, 05:12 PM

Discuss.

This and Keith_M's more pro post as the OP on his thread yesterday are the two most thoughtful reflections on our current predicament we have had on .net in recent weeks.

Both of them informative and insightful, countering some of the cheap attack points made by others on the extremes of the discussion.

I remain dubious he can turn this around though the next three games must be close to ideal from the point of view of trying to do so. It all just feels so pedestrian, timid and frail that it's hard to see whether the steel is going to come from.

bingo70
06-10-2019, 05:25 PM
Hamilton got beat 5 nil today and they’ve still got a better goal difference than us by 2.

They’re also 2 points better off but u suppose that’s not really relevant if they lost 1 nil or 10 nil to be fair.

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Hamilton got beat 5 nil today and they’ve still got a better goal difference than us by 2.

They’re also 2 points better off but u suppose that’s not really relevant if they lost 1 nil or 10 nil to be fair.

a chance to overtake them in two weeks

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 05:46 PM
well i've posted my season ticket back to the club

ok, i've not actually got a season ticket, i've just always wanted to say that

Give someone the card as a gift voucher for Xmas then :greengrin

Hermit Crab
06-10-2019, 05:51 PM
Here are the stats from this season alone with Heckingbottoms signings in league games.

We have won 1 of our 8 league games.

We have drawn 3 of those.

We have lost 4 of those.

We have scored 7 goals

We have conceded 17 goals.

We have not come from behind in any of these games to win or draw a league match this season.

We have been ahead in 4 of those games and failed to win any of them. Losing 1 and drawing 3.

We have not scored more than 2 goals in a single league match this season and scored 2 on only one occasion.

Alfred E Newman
06-10-2019, 05:58 PM
a chance to overtake them in two weeks

A six pointer.! :offski:

emerald green
06-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Here are the stats from this season alone with Heckingbottoms signings in league games.

We have drawn 3 of those.

We have lost 4 of those.

We have scored 7 goals

We have conceded 17 goals.

We have not come from behind in any of these games to win or draw a league match this season.

We have been ahead in 4 of those games and failed to win any of them. Losing 1 and drawing 3.

We have not scored more than 2 goals in a single league match this season and scored 2 on only one occasion.

Like me, you will be accused of an "anti-Hibs narrative". :rolleyes: There are some who really need to get their head out of the sand. These stats are relegation form. How long will the Board let this continue?

overdrive
06-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Horrendous form. I can see us sleepwalking to another relegation with this idiot in charge.

Jim44
06-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Horrendous form. I can see us sleepwalking to another relegation with this idiot in charge.

Hope not. I can see us drawing our way to mediocre survival with PH going at the end of the season.

SlickShoes
06-10-2019, 06:37 PM
It’s beyond the point of folk moaning about negativity, don’t think anyone can argue that he’s not the man for the job now. I’m usually positive but change is needed, we are going nowhere. Those stats are the true story and sackable.

SMAXXA
06-10-2019, 06:41 PM
worth remembering the players are still gelling

mon the gellers

😂😂 made me laugh, the gellers lop thanks 👍

Jamesie
06-10-2019, 06:44 PM

[/COLOR]

When Duff Jim sent us to the First Division in 1997/98 we finished that season having won 6 out of 36 matches - i.e. 1 in 6. When Butcher sent us to the Championship in 2013/14 we finished that season having won 8 out of 38 matches - i.e. 1 in 4.75. Given our present win ratio is worse than that - almost twice as bad as Butcher's - this should be ringing alarm bells.

Crab apple
06-10-2019, 06:45 PM
There are no corners being turned. We haven’t won a league game since the opening day.

Jamesie
06-10-2019, 06:48 PM
There are no corners being turned. We haven’t won a league game since the opening day.

If that stat remains the same when the calendar turns to November then surely that would be the final straw.

mjhibby
06-10-2019, 06:56 PM
Geezo,what a depressing place this has become. The bounce seems far more level headed and I never thought that would happen. Were eight games into a season and have just got to a semi final and drawn with Celtic and Aberdeen. Any other season and we wouldn't be moaning. Who exactly is going to replace hecky. Be careful what you wish for.

Bob Box Fish
06-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Comparable to Sauzee’s league results when he was manager, albeit, Hecky has scraped one win in the last thirteen league games, Sauzee managed zero (two less games in the league).

The longer he is here, the more damage he will do to the fan base and budget for next season.

Vault Boy
06-10-2019, 07:03 PM
Aye that's horrendous.

To be fair I've seen very, very few fans actually defending Hecky or asking for more time. Vast majority want a change in manager, but support Hibs on a match day regardless. Hopefully the necessary change happens soon.

SRHibs
06-10-2019, 07:03 PM
Geezo,what a depressing place this has become. The bounce seems far more level headed and I never thought that would happen. Were eight games into a season and have just got to a semi final and drawn with Celtic and Aberdeen. Any other season and we wouldn't be moaning. Who exactly is going to replace hecky. Be careful what you wish for.

Exactly. All this "the stats don't lie" pish while conveniently removing his good start from the equation, not to mention the recent 3 games, which haven't been bad.

we are hibs
06-10-2019, 07:04 PM

No, im pretty sure if we were 10th in any other season the reaction would be the same.

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 07:05 PM
Exactly. All this "the stats don't lie" pish while conveniently removing his good start from the equation, not to mention the recent 3 games, which haven't been bad.

Start a thread then pleading the case for the positives, surely?

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 07:06 PM
No, im pretty sure if we were 10th in any other season the reaction would be the same.

It was 2 games then 3, then four, forgetting all the league cup games and now were only 8 games in, tenth and look anything like a decent football side. Where’s Gary Barlow when you need him?

Joe6-2
06-10-2019, 07:18 PM
It was 2 games then 3, then four, forgetting all the league cup games and now were only 8 games in, tenth and look anything like a decent football side. Where’s Gary Barlow when you need him?

He won’t get emptied, and before we know it we will be 20 games in and no time to repair the damage

Keith_M
06-10-2019, 07:46 PM
This and Keith_M's more pro post as the OP on his thread yesterday are the two most thoughtful reflections on our current predicament we have had on .net in recent weeks.

Both of them informative and insightful, countering some of the cheap attack points made by others on the extremes of the discussion.

I remain dubious he can turn this around though the next three games must be close to ideal from the point of view of trying to do so. It all just feels so pedestrian, timid and frail that it's hard to see whether the steel is going to come from.

Thanks very much for your praise. :)

I'd like to point out, though, that I didn't actually intend it as a 'pro' post, more of a clinical and balanced view.

I honestly do think there are signs of us 'turning a corner', but I can't really say I'm in favour of the direction we seem to be heading

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 07:47 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191006/4ed75bed4bdb364a862186c5b30b9db3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191006/e25ba3afc70331c448f9e448d584d5bc.jpg

Talking of stats are we just spoiled? Only 4 managers have a better win rate than Hecky since 1980 and 3 of them(Mcleish, Stubbs and Lennon) spent a substantial time in the Championship.

Can twist stats to support anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
06-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Neil Lennon got sacked for taking us on a similar run. Hecky isn’t the man. He’s proven as much. Time to go.

Lennon did not get sacked for taking us on a similar run, I can assure you of that.
However it is a closely kept secret exactly why he left the club but I think we all know why😉

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 08:04 PM
Start a thread then pleading the case for the positives, surely?

Or debate it in an existing thread about stats?

Keith_M
06-10-2019, 08:05 PM
Talking of stats are we just spoiled? Only 4 managers have a better win rate than Hecky since 1980 and 3 of them(Mcleish, Stubbs and Lennon) spent a substantial time in the Championship.

Nobody's twisting anything, the stats speak for themselves. Just because there have been worse managers, it's doesn't mean we should be happy to go back to that.

Plus it's not just the lack of wins but the lack of goals scored, shots at goal and the dull, uninspiring football that are putting a lot of people off.

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Nobody's twisting anything, the stats speak for themselves. Just because there have been worse managers, it's doesn't mean we should be happy to go back to that.

Plus it's not just the lack of wins but the lack of goals scored, shots at goal and the dull, uninspiring football that are putting a lot of people off.

So he is the 5th best manager we have had in 40 years, glad you agree [emoji106]

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Or debate it in an existing thread about stats?

I was replying to the guy who said the thread was “pish”

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 08:15 PM
So he is the 5th best manager we have had in 40 years, glad you agree [emoji106]

So you love him then yeah?

Glad some poor soul is happy watching the ***** we produce week in week out and the decline the team is on.

Enjoy the rest of the season.

Ps he’s the third best manager we’ve had since relegation and a piss poor last at that.

bingo70
06-10-2019, 08:16 PM

Win % mean absolutely nothing without some context.

Did the other managers have group stages in the league cup playing against amateur sides to bump up their figures?

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Did the other managers have group stages in the league cup playing against amateur sides to bump up their figures?

You aren’t going to get a decent debate off someone who “agrees” he’s doing a brilliant job.

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 08:19 PM
So you love him then yeah?

Glad some poor soul is happy watching the ***** we produce week in week out and the decline the team is on.

Enjoy the rest of the season.

No, my point is that we are using stats to bash him when his stats stand up with the best of our managers in the last 40 years. I’m not saying things are great just that there have been signs of improvement and perhaps there is evidence that things could turn.

My mentality is that I’m not convinced more upheaval is helpful and I would prefer him to turn things around and us not have to fork out on a new management team.

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 08:20 PM

No but they did compete in the league below for a substantial amount of time as you will find I noted in my post.

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 08:20 PM
You aren’t going to get a decent debate off someone who “agrees” he’s doing a brilliant job.

God forbid you have to debate with someone who has a polarising opinion to yours.

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 08:22 PM
No, my point is that we are using stats to bash him when his stats stand up with the best of our managers in the last 40 years. I’m not saying things are great just that there have been signs of improvement and perhaps there is evidence that things could turn.

My mentality is that I’m not convinced more upheaval is helpful and I would prefer him to turn things around and us not have to fork out on a new management team.

You just said he was the 4th/5th best manager we’ve had in numerous years ffs.

Everyone would prefer he turned it around but let’s look at reality and we are sitting third bottom playing ***** football and conceding goals. There’s no continuation on from last season at all, it’s utter *****.

We are all trying to justify a corner being turned because we drew in Aberdeen against ten min and they are pap too. Sorry they are fourth, that’s the minimum we should be not ****ing 10th.

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 08:24 PM
God forbid you have to debate with someone who has a polarising opinion to yours.

You think he’s doing a good job.

I think he’s took us back miles and doing a ***** job.

Not much of a debate going to happen. You’re happy he’s the whatever best manager if how many years, I’m concerned the football side of the club is ****ed while he’s in charge and giving him the January window to rectify the mess he’s got us into gives me kittens.

Iggy Pope
06-10-2019, 08:25 PM

Everyone would prefer he turned it around but let’s look at reality and we are sitting third bottom playing ***** football and conceding goals. There’s no continuation on from last season at all, it’s utter *****.

We are all trying to justify a corner being turned because we drew in Aberdeen against ten min and they are pap too. Sorry they are fourth, that’s the minimum we should be not ****ing 10th.

How many posts is that this weekend and you’ve said you weren’t even at the game FFS? Yer raging.

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 08:27 PM

Look at my original post, I stated stats can be twisted to support anything. As I’ve just done and everyone has bitten.

I’ve said my outlook above already, the clutching at straws and selective stats gets on my tits. Aye we are on a bad run but let’s not pick and choose what games count as competitive and which ones don’t.

We’ve had more than a draw with Aberdeen to celebrate recently but some are content with wallowing in misery whereas I would rather hold on to the hope that the squad and Hecky are finally piecing the jigsaw together.

Unreal how hard it is to express that I see some positivity in this current situation and how easily it is shot down on this board.

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 08:28 PM
How many posts is that this weekend and you’ve said you weren’t even at the game FFS? Yer raging.

This ;)

Jamesie
06-10-2019, 10:24 PM

He had a brilliant start, that cannot be denied, but the longer this run goes on the more that looks like some sort of freak aberration. There is absolutely no chance of him ever having a run even half as good as that in the future IMHO.

basehibby
07-10-2019, 02:56 AM

Discuss.

All undeniably true and grim reading.

Still - another fact is that, looking at them in isolation, the last three results have actually been good! Progressing away to Killie in the cup, followed by draws at home to Celtic and away at Aberdeen would normally be looked at as a decent wee run.

There has been a lot to moan about certainly and there's loads of work to be done but looking at it objectively, Hecks has given himself a bit of breathing space with these results. Anything less than a win against Hamilton though and the heat is right back on times a hundred!

Greenio
07-10-2019, 03:00 AM
I don think the divide is either hate/get rid or love/keep.

I am in neither camps - but I will give him adequate time before I call for the manager to be sacked and plunge is into those depths in the middle of a season . He get's until of Nov, then we make a call.

We'll get 7 points from the next 3 games - it wont be pretty but we will do it, it's called optimism, works wonders, give it a try!

Onion
07-10-2019, 07:33 AM

That's got to be one of the most depressing things i've read on here. Does not bear thinking about.

The 90+2
07-10-2019, 08:26 AM

You count for me pal. You making the rules on when people can post and if they’re excluded because they miss a trip up to Aberdeen too? If being at games is the criteria, we keep it up the way it’s going there will be very little posts this time next year.

My_Wife_Camille
07-10-2019, 08:28 AM
I don think the divide is either hate/get rid or love/keep.

I am in neither camps - but I will give him adequate time before I call for the manager to be sacked and plunge is into those depths in the middle of a season . He get's until of Nov, then we make a call.

We'll get 7 points from the next 3 games - it wont be pretty but we will do it, it's called optimism, works wonders, give it a try!
Calling the notion of winning 7 points against Hamilton, Ross County and Livingston ‘optimistic’ is probably the single biggest indicator of the mess we are currently in imo

mcfly
07-10-2019, 10:48 AM
All undeniably true and grim reading.

Still - another fact is that, looking at them in isolation, the last three results have actually been good! Progressing away to Killie in the cup, followed by draws at home to Celtic and away at Aberdeen would normally be looked at as a decent wee run.

There has been a lot to moan about certainly and there's loads of work to be done but looking at it objectively, Hecks has given himself a bit of breathing space with these results. Anything less than a win against Hamilton though and the heat is right back on times a hundred!

Heckingbottoms stats are relegation form.

The board has to act now or we are in a relegation fight.

They won’t give him more money to waste in jan so time to cut the losses now.

He is driving fans away with the mediocre signings and awful boring tactics.

mcfly
07-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Calling the notion of winning 7 points against Hamilton, Ross County and Livingston ‘optimistic’ is probably the single biggest indicator of the mess we are currently in imo

Also the above 3 clubs will be looking at hibs and say the same.

We aren’t guaranteed wins against anyone when you have strikers who can’t score despite numerous chances.

snedzuk
07-10-2019, 11:19 AM

This captures all of the current chat on this for me - weve gone in a very short time from a club with some ambition (not sure what that was mind you - look like threatening a top 4 finish on a consistent basis lets say), good off field communications, exciting players and mangers who - on their own- could shift ticket sales and hospitality income to what?

What is the actual ambition and how are we meant to be achieving it / whats happened to comms and player interaction / the community stuff like food bank collections that was fleetingly at the forefront of things (and not just a logo on the front of a shirt) / gone from exciting players to the current uninspiring crop and an almost certain slump in ticket sales if this current state of treading water (whilst slowly sinking) continues.

As MWC says, optimism of 7 points from the next three games is illustrative of a wider mess (some posters have this as 6 so accepting there might be a defeat in there) - this is where we are. Remember when we just needed to win a single game to avoid relegation and we couldn't manage that. We need someone -anyone - to restore a bit of positivity and 'can do' attitude.

This has gone from an overall - I mean club not team - positive, forward thinking, what can we seek to achieve next approach where everyone (OK nearly everyone) seemed like they were pulling in a common direction to one where we are (club not team) pulling ourselves apart.

Im not seeing anyone steering this particular ship at the mo.

GreenCastle
07-10-2019, 11:25 AM
Heckingbottoms stats are relegation form.

The board has to act now or we are in a relegation fight.

They won’t give him more money to waste in jan so time to cut the losses now.

He is driving fans away with the mediocre signings and awful boring tactics.

The season we were relegated I think we had more points after the same number of games.

Fans have every right to moan as we should be around 4th / 5th at worst but hovering near the bottom and even with an awful Hearts team and weakened Aberdeen we still can’t win a game.

Bobby's Cinema
07-10-2019, 12:24 PM
Our top scorer is one 1 league goal.

SickBoy32
07-10-2019, 12:39 PM
The season we were relegated I think we had more points after the same number of games.

Fans have every right to moan as we should be around 4th / 5th at worst but hovering near the bottom and even with an awful Hearts team and weakened Aberdeen we still can’t win a game.

Fenlon had the relegation XI on 11 points with a -1 GD after 8 games. He resigned with 11 league games played, -2 GD and 15 points on the board - the maximum we can hope to achieve from the first round of fixtures this year.

After such a strong period for the club it is alarming the rate of regression, even more alarming is this guy will have received a serious transfer kitty, unlike a lot of our previous managers.

Get him gone

Liberal Hibby
07-10-2019, 01:09 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191006/4ed75bed4bdb364a862186c5b30b9db3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191006/e25ba3afc70331c448f9e448d584d5bc.jpg

And only one has managed fewer games. The more interesting stat is the number of managers who have had around 40 games in charge before getting the elbow. I suspect if Heckingbottom's form continues for around 15 more games - say a couple more wins and four or five draws - he'll have a win ratio in the high 20s low 30s. We'll be struggling around the bottom still and a new coach will definitely be brought in. The question is that means we're likley to stuck with him until the winter shutdown (not sure how many more games that gives him).

GreenCastle
07-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Fenlon had the relegation XI on 11 points with a -1 GD after 8 games. He resigned with 11 league games played, -2 GD and 15 points on the board - the maximum we can hope to achieve from the first round of fixtures this year.

After such a strong period for the club it is alarming the rate of regression, even more alarming is this guy will have received a serious transfer kitty, unlike a lot of our previous managers.

Get him gone

So we are sitting on 6 points.

The season we got relegated we were at 11 points at this stage.

That is not good reading.

Antifa Hibs
08-10-2019, 08:01 AM

Discuss.

But we won the Scottish cup 3 years ago so all is barry :rolleyes:

The manager isn't good enough, the players aren't good enough and the board are failing us.

'Bout time we stopped accepting mediocrity pish because of 21st may 2016, or because of how low we've been as a club before. Its absolutely dreadful.