PDA

View Full Version : I wasn’t there but here’s what I think

InchHibby
06-10-2019, 09:29 AM
First game I’ve missed all season only heard snippets on the radio, but wouldn’t it have been better, after they had a man sent of, to have brought on Kamberi to play along side Doidge, using two attackers instead of replacing him with Doidge.
It was a totally defensive tactic when it shouldn’t have been, two up front in that situation wins you the game, one striker let’s them attack more, which is what they did and they scored. Two strikers keeps them at bay.
Okay, get tore into me, but I think the guy doesn’t know how to win.

makaveli1875
06-10-2019, 09:32 AM
First game I’ve missed all season only heard snippets on the radio, but wouldn’t it have been better, after they had a man sent of, to have brought on Kamberi to play along side Doidge, using two attackers instead of replacing him with Doidge.
It was a totally defensive tactic when it shouldn’t have been, two up front in that situation wins you the game, one striker let’s them attack more, which is what they did and they scored. Two strikers keeps them at bay.

In Heckingbottoms messed up idea of football he brings on a 2nd striker when we get someone sent off . When the other team gets a red he sticks with 1 striker . Genius

SRHibs
06-10-2019, 09:36 AM
In Heckingbottoms messed up idea of football he brings on a 2nd striker when we get someone sent off . When the other team gets a red he sticks with 1 striker . Genius

Or, he brings a second striker on when we are chasing the game, and doesn't when we are winning.

danhibees1875
06-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Or, he brings a second striker on when we are chasing the game, and doesn't when we are winning.

:agree:

I'd probably agree that I would have rather he brought on Kamberi and played the 2 upfront. But if the outcome had been the same there would have been the "why did he go 2 upfront when we're trying to see out the game? Shocking game management" threads.

Sammy7nil
06-10-2019, 09:45 AM

Sorry you are not allowed an opinion if you were not at the game :greengrin :wink:

Weegreenman
06-10-2019, 09:48 AM

Exactly what my thoughts were. Heckingbottom obviously likes playing one up top but he seems very reluctant to change his shape or maybe he’s tactically inept which I’m pretty sure he’s not. He’s on a very shoogly peg at the moment. Some are saying we’ve now got an easy run of games coming up or easier but I’d disagree with that. I think we struggle to break down those sides and in doing so leave ourselves vulnerable to attack. The next three games might well determine Heckingbottom’s future. If he continues with this one up top tactic and we lose, especially at home. The supporters will react and not in a good way.