06-10-2019, 09:09 AM
Doidge = Carthorse!

PaulSmith
06-10-2019, 09:09 AM
Might need a VPN for it to work

matty_f
06-10-2019, 09:11 AM
Doidge = Carthorse!

There's no doubt that he should have scored but from the highlights at least two of those misses were harder chances than made out on the radio.

Would still expect him to score those, though.

CLASS OF 72 -73
06-10-2019, 09:18 AM
Not much from first half, second half starts at 2:07

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=txRc_bUO7OA

Link might not work!

Just copy and paste

PaulSmith
06-10-2019, 09:43 AM
There's no doubt that he should have scored but from the highlights at least two of those misses were harder chances than made out on the radio.

Harder than the other two that he missed but at this level of football it’s a million miles away from being acceptable, he never looked like scoring any of them and that’s the worrying thing. You can usually tell a natural finisher and he’s anything but one of those.

Golden Bear
06-10-2019, 09:53 AM

I agree. The keeper came out very quickly and closed down the angles just as he was about to pull the trigger.

They were chances, yes, but absolute sitters , no.

Stuart93
06-10-2019, 10:14 AM
These are sitters

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2019, 10:15 AM
These are sitters

They're all good chances, not one is a sitter

Captain Trips
06-10-2019, 10:17 AM
He should have put one of them away and if he say put the first one in then the game would have panned out differently and those other chances would not have happened or occurred in same way.

Stuart93
06-10-2019, 10:18 AM

The two on the right are absolute sitters, he’s only 12 yards from goal ffs not a defender putting him under a bit of pressure

The top right he could have easily squared it to Allan

Bottom left the amount of time he has to pick his spot is unreal

At this level he should be scoring 2/4 of them at least

Allant1981
06-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Not a chance any of them are sitters, some folk on here talk utter guff, yes he should maybe have done better but reading some of the comments during the game I though he was missing open goals the way some were going on

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2019, 10:23 AM
The two on the right are absolute sitters, he’s only 12 yards from goal ffs not a defender putting him under a bit of pressure

Not a defender but a really good, huge, goalkeeper. He should of course score at least one and obviously should pass to Allan but nothing lose to sitters. A sitter is an open goal.

500miles
06-10-2019, 10:24 AM
From the highlights, they are good chances, he should put at least 1 of them away. That said there's some good fight in there from him, and good movement.

If Allan really left in a moon boot, I'd let him keep his place and play Kamberi in behind him.

Stuart93
06-10-2019, 10:24 AM
Not a defender but a really good, huge, goalkeeper. He should of course score at least one and obviously should pass to Allan but nothing lose to sitters. A sitter is an open goal.

A sitter isn’t an open goal, a sitter is being through one on one with the goalie with acres of space and lots of time to pick your spot.

For any “good” striker they are sitters

Allant1981
06-10-2019, 10:25 AM
A sitter isn’t an open goal, a sitter is being through one on one with the goalie with acres of space and lots of time to pick your spot.

No its not

Unseen work
06-10-2019, 10:27 AM
First one is quite a difficult finish.

Poor pass from Horgan takes him wide and allows Lewis to come right out and Logan has also got the other side of him to put him off and prevent him using his left.

People surely aren’t classing the one where he just gets back to his feet as Lewis claims the ball as a sitter?

The rest should be goals, every day of the week.

Not passing to Allan is criminal. If he’s firing on all cylinders I get it as you want your striker to be shooting, but he’s missed a lot, we’re 1-0 up at Pittodrie. Go just do the simple 5 yard pass and take the win.

I like him but he really need to up his quality of finishing before there is no way back.

emerald green
06-10-2019, 10:29 AM
I wonder if any other striker in this league would have missed all four of those chances in the same match? Very unlikely IMO.

Stuart93
06-10-2019, 10:33 AM
I wonder if any other striker in this league would have missed all four of those chances in the same match? Very unlikely IMO.

I think we’ve got 2 other strikers at the club who would’ve finished them

Allant1981
06-10-2019, 10:35 AM

The 2 other strikers that have also missed easy chances this season, short memory perhaps?

Stuart93
06-10-2019, 10:37 AM
The 2 other strikers that have also missed easy chances this season, short memory perhaps?

4 chances like that in the one game? Doubtful

emerald green
06-10-2019, 10:39 AM

Yep, at least one, maybe two, chances should/would have been taken.

Even the best strikers pass up chances from time to time, but to pass up all four chances like that in one match is unforgivable.

Allant1981
06-10-2019, 10:41 AM
4 chances like that in the one game? Doubtful

Shaw missed at least 2 that I can remember in one game not so long ago and going by your daft statement that doidge missed sitters yesterday then shaws were also sitters

Stuart93
06-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Shaw missed at least 2 that I can remember in one game not so long ago and going by your daft statement that doidge missed sitters yesterday then shaws were also sitters

Pretty sure that was last season? You said him and kamberi had missed easy chances this season?

Think the two chances were maybe against Aberdeen in the league cup and I agree poor chances to miss but still would’ve fancied him finishing at least one or two of doidges four yesterday

danhibees1875
06-10-2019, 10:46 AM
These are sitters

The 2 on the left aren't. The 2 on the right I'd expect him/any striker to score generally - keeper does well to come out quick and narrow the angle, but he shouldn't have the chance to if Doidge was more clinical to shoot earlier or with his left foot rather than trying to run around the ball to shoot with his right.

superfurryhibby
06-10-2019, 10:52 AM
Pretty sure that was last season? You said him and kamberi had missed easy chances this season?

Think the two chances were maybe against Aberdeen in the league cup and I agree poor chances to miss but still would’ve fancied him finishing at least one or two of doidges four yesterday

That’s slightly more realistic. Two were chances you’d hope a striker would finish. The first two, were nothing like sitters.

The hyperbole is almost laughable on here at times.

Allant1981
06-10-2019, 10:53 AM

Pretty sure he missed 2 in one game this season but I may be wrong, kamberi has missed quite a few chances this season, hence why he has been dropped. They may possibly ha e scored at least 1 yesterday but again none of them were sitters

matty_f
06-10-2019, 11:05 AM
That’s slightly more realistic. Two were chances you’d hope a striker would finish. The first two, were nothing like sitters.

The hyperbole is almost laughable on here at times.

:agree:

Argylehibby
06-10-2019, 11:10 AM
These are sitters

Still photos don't show the true situation though do they? One of those sitters he's beaten off a defenders tackle, is still off balance when he gets to the ball and the keepers on him as he gets the shot away. In the photo it looks like he's got all the time in the world. The camera does lie.

wookie70
06-10-2019, 11:11 AM
The chance where he should have played it to Allan was the biggest error. Aberdeen didn't bother tracking and Allan had the whole right of the box to himself. That decision cost us the points. The first chance wasn't anywhere near a sitter as Horgan overdid the pass. Poor from Horgan as the run from Doidge was perfect. It was a bad day for Doidge but hopefully he keeps making those runs as he created big problems for the Dons.

FilipinoHibs
06-10-2019, 11:33 AM
First one is quite a difficult finish.

Poor pass from Horgan takes him wide and allows Lewis to come right out and Logan has also got the other side of him to put him off and prevent him using his left.6

People surely aren’t classing the one where he just gets back to his feet as Lewis claims the ball as a sitter?

The rest should be goals, every day of the week.

Not passing to Allan is criminal. If he’s firing on all cylinders I get it as you want your striker to be shooting, but he’s missed a lot, we’re 1-0 up at Pittodrie. Go just do the simple 5 yard pass and take the win.

I like him but he really need to up his quality of finishing before there is no way back.

First one he should have hit with his left but too one footed. Outside of right lacked and pace or placement.

InchHibby
06-10-2019, 11:38 AM

I would rate them higher than that, more, good chances and near as damn it sitters, he should have at least taken one of them.

CMurdoch
06-10-2019, 12:24 PM
Not much from first half, second half starts at 2:07

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=txRc_bUO7OA

Link might not work!

What appalling editing!
Still need to watch Sportscene to get a proper look at the Doidge chances.
Certainly not as easy as i was picturing them in my mind when listening to the match commentary.

Pretty Boy
06-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Would you have expected Stokes, Riordan, O'connor, Benji, Griffiths, Fletcher, Cummings, McNulty etc to score those chances?

Did anyone really feel confident when they fell to Doidge?

They aren't sitters but all of them bar one are chances you should be expecting good strikers to score. It's not the 1st time he has missed good chances either. A striker with 'good movement', 'nice touches', 'winning his fair share' and all the other attributes that get thrown about is no use to anyone if either they individually or the team as a whole aren't scoring goals. 3 goals in 7 game suggests we need more.

Helensburghhibs
06-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Doidge had lots of time that's what makes them sitters. 1 on 1 running from a long way out makes the striker favourite every time. The keeper narrowed the angle but make no mistake doidge allowed him to do that

Andy74
06-10-2019, 12:36 PM
Would you have expected Stokes, Riordan, O'connor, Benji, Griffiths, Fletcher, Cummings, McNulty etc to score those chances?

Did anyone really feel confident when they fell to Doidge?

They aren't sitters but all of them bar one are chances you should be expecting good strikers to score.

Fletcher regularly missed those sorts of chances actually. There was a game against Hearts at home I think when there were two very similar one on ones missed then they went up and scored.

You can’t just look at the finish though. If we had Shaw starting for example we probably wouldn’t have held the ball long enough to have those chances.

PaulSmith
06-10-2019, 02:31 PM
Pretty sure he missed 2 in one game this season but I may be wrong, kamberi has missed quite a few chances this season, hence why he has been dropped. They may possibly ha e scored at least 1 yesterday but again none of them were sitters

Let’s not call them sitters then, let’s call them glorious chances to score a goal. On each and very single one of them he’s c12 yards from goal, with no defender near him and yet he actually never looked like he would score any.

The one where he stumbles he’s back up and simply not aware of the keepers position. The one from inside left he tries to use the outside of his right foot, the other two he needs to again pull it back onto his right foot and has zero awareness of Scott Allan’s position in one of those two.

just looks like an ex basketball playing policeman from Wales who has stumbled into top flight football.

greenlex
06-10-2019, 02:31 PM

Behave. Great chances of course and he should be tucking them away 9/10 but there’s still work to do. Your interpretation of a sitter is way off the mark.

Cabbage East
06-10-2019, 03:07 PM
Just copy and paste

Whoever made that video needs his hard drive checked.

The_Horde
06-10-2019, 03:15 PM

A good striker makes a hard chance look easy. Doidge made them look impossible.

The_Horde
06-10-2019, 03:17 PM
What appalling editing!
Still need to watch Sportscene to get a proper look at the Doidge chances.
Certainly not as easy as i was picturing them in my mind when listening to the match commentary.

You're joking right? Two of those at least are utter howlers. Had Flo missed them, this place would be unanimous in condemning him.

People have stuck up for ***** strikers with poor excuses since well before even Konte.

JimBHibees
06-10-2019, 03:17 PM
The chance where he should have played it to Allan was the biggest error..

That is quite simply unacceptable at any decent level of football

JohnMcM
06-10-2019, 03:20 PM
I remember some of our best scorers such as Colin Stein, Stephen Fletcher, Leigh Griffiths, Keith Wright, (and even Jimmy O'Rourke as far as I remember), all had a slow start to their scoring deeds.

The only one I remember making an instant impact was Joe Baker.

A lot of folks are writing Doidge off, rightly or wrongly, who knows?

Whilst, arguably, he made his name at a so-called lower league club it might do well to remember that for most of his time here he has played a lone role has he not, and for the majority of time has had poor service.

I wasn't there yesterday so cannot comment on the chances he had. I would guess however that he is just as disappointed as the fans who were there.

Maybe, just maybe when his goals start to come, and they will, he can join the ranks of those above amongst others.

:flag:

rotherhamrob
06-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Anybody can miss chances, it's part of the game but to not square the ball to Allan was shocking and absolutely cost us 2 points.

hibee-boys
06-10-2019, 05:20 PM
I'm glad the ball didn't land at Doidge's feet when we scored, no doubt he'd have fxxxxx that up as well.

Alfred E Newman
06-10-2019, 05:44 PM
I remember some of our best scorers such as Colin Stein, Stephen Fletcher, Leigh Griffiths, Keith Wright, (and even Jimmy O'Rourke as far as I remember), all had a slow start to their scoring deeds.

The only one I remember making an instant impact was Joe Baker.

A lot of folks are writing Doidge off, rightly or wrongly, who knows?

Whilst, arguably, he made his name at a so-called lower league club it might do well to remember that for most of his time here he has played a lone role has he not, and for the majority of time has had poor service.

I wasn't there yesterday so cannot comment on the chances he had. I would guess however that he is just as disappointed as the fans who were there.

Maybe, just maybe when his goals start to come, and they will, he can join the ranks of those above amongst others.

:flag:
You are right about Jimmy. He was in and out of the team most of the sixties till Eddie Turnbull partnered him with Alan Gordon and the rest is history.

The_Horde
06-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Anyone else seeing the Aberdeen boy blocking Maxwell and standing in an offside position for the goal?

Thought it was odd that it seemed to go in so easily at the time and now I've seen the highlights I understand why.

Should've been ruled out.

Blaster
06-10-2019, 07:12 PM
Anyone else seeing the Aberdeen boy blocking Maxwell and standing in an offside position for the goal?

Thought it was odd that it seemed to go in so easily at the time and now I've seen the highlights I understand why.

Should've been ruled out.

Should’ve had someone on the bloody post!

sean04
06-10-2019, 07:14 PM
Could’ve easily walked out of there 3/4 nil

SMAXXA
06-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Aside from the well discussed chances we missed wtf is Porteous doing marking cosgrove like that? Let him tower above him give yourself a chance and at least attack the ball absolutely murder defending imo and his reaction I think tells you as much. I know cosgrove is a big lad btw but that’s poor

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2019, 07:35 PM
Aside from the well discussed chances we missed wtf is Porteous doing marking cosgrove like that? Let him tower above him give yourself a chance and at least attack the ball absolutely murder defending imo and his reaction I think tells you as much. I know cosgrove is a big lad btw but that’s poor

Yep. Easy to moan at our forwards but 1 goal is enough to win a game, really poor to defend like that. Ryan is a great prospect but nothing like the finished article some people pretend. Has to do better there.

The_Horde
06-10-2019, 07:35 PM

There's a still shot that looks like Porto is being fouled, anywhere else on the pitch and it probably is one IMO.

Not to mention my above post about the offside guy blocking the keeper.

theonlywayisup
06-10-2019, 07:37 PM
Now with BBC highlights.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49861444

Weegreenman
06-10-2019, 07:42 PM

He had four opportunities.You have to give Joe Lewis great credit for closing down on at least two of those, maybe even three. The last chance was just abysmal.

Weegreenman
06-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Looking at the bigger picture, it appears we were by far the better team. Continue to play like that and we’ll see ourselves climb the table. 👍

Sir David Gray
06-10-2019, 07:49 PM
The last one in particular was awful, why he didn't square it to Allan who had an open goal is anyone's guess.

The first two were awkward but I'd be expecting a decent goalscorer to tuck at least one of these chances away.

Iggy Pope
06-10-2019, 07:56 PM
First two are chances any striker in the world could miss.
Third is a ****ing awful touch that makes it easy for the goalie. Poor.
Fourth is firing squad stuff and an easy assist would have got him off the hook.

And he knows it.

JJP
06-10-2019, 08:27 PM
I thought we played as well as we have played in the second half of yesterday’s game. The Aberdeen striker that scored shouldn’t have even still been on the pitch. It’s a shame Doidge never got the second goal to kill the game. A point at Pittodrie is a good result. It’s our poor results from earlier in the season that are letting us down but there is encouraging signs that we are improving.

ekhibee
06-10-2019, 08:41 PM
I thought Cosgrove shouldv'e been sent off.

erin go bragh
06-10-2019, 09:02 PM
The last one in particular was awful, why he didn't square it to Allan who had an open goal is anyone's guess.

The first two were awkward but I'd be expecting a decent goalscorer to tuck at least one of these chances away.

If he had scored any of his previous chances I’m positive he would have squared the ball to Allan . The guys desperate to score ,which in turn is making him snatch at chances .
He is making great runs to get in they scoring opportunity’s .
But we need someone to start knocking the goals in now .
Maybe time to try two strikers up top .

Hermit Crab
06-10-2019, 09:03 PM
Seeing that again I think Mallan was very lucky not to be at the very least yellow carded for that tackle on Ferguson.

hibsboy69
06-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Doidge's movement was good (lets start with a positive)

However for the final chance......for him not to square it to Allan is inexcusable...…and quite frankly inexplicable :confused:

Yes I know that Hekingbottom signed him.......but how can any manager legislate for that level of ineptitude ?!?

Dreadful and baffling :brickwall

angus hibby
06-10-2019, 10:18 PM
That is quite simply unacceptable at any decent level of football

He’s a striker and desperate to score his first league goal for us. That’s the reason he didn’t pass it and you can tell by his reaction he knows he chose the wrong option.

SMAXXA
06-10-2019, 10:32 PM
Didn’t show the cosgrove challenge before fe scored anyone got that?

Wheat Hound
06-10-2019, 10:51 PM

The highlights on sportscene showed it but no post match analysis of it, surprising given the player who should have been off then scored.

JimBHibees
07-10-2019, 06:02 AM
He’s a striker and desperate to score his first league goal for us. That’s the reason he didn’t pass it and you can tell by his reaction he knows he chose the wrong option.

Don't care if he is desperate to score not passing to a team mate with an open goal is pub league stuff.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2019, 06:45 AM

I don't but it'll be on catch up if you can find that.

He should have been off.

green with envy
07-10-2019, 07:08 AM

Try telling Scott Allan that as he was fuming with him and not just after the chance. As for the striker part, i've still to see it.

Onion
07-10-2019, 07:18 AM

His last effort was the worst. Aberdeen keeper didn't have to do anything to save it. Doidge must have thought the keeper was going to miraculously disappear.

In saying that, Doidge looks a handful and made some good runs. And the midfield at least created a few chances for a change.

allmodcons
07-10-2019, 09:57 AM

:agree: His lack of awareness in not seeing Scott Allan square for a tap in was/is alarming.

snedzuk
07-10-2019, 10:59 AM
:agree: His lack of awareness in not seeing Scott Allan square for a tap in was/is alarming.

Willie Miller said in the radio commentary - he lifts his head, thats a goal for Hibs.

Miller also said, when Aberdeen go down to 10 men, Hibs need to decide either to defend or attack - they dont appear to be doing either!

Greenbeard
07-10-2019, 11:45 AM
There's a still shot that looks like Porto is being fouled, anywhere else on the pitch and it probably is one IMO.

Not to mention my above post about the offside guy blocking the keeper.
Agree, def a foul by Cosgrove judging by the highlights. He has a hand on Porto's shoulder area, firstly preventing Porto from getting off the ground and secondly giving himself leverage for his jump. Porto should have been smart enough to milk it.

neil7908
07-10-2019, 02:54 PM
In terms of the Doidge chances the first two were very difficult opportunities that even top players would struggle with.

These last two should have yielded a couple of goals though.

SChibs
07-10-2019, 04:16 PM

Did morelos not do something similar vs Celtic?

Hermit Crab
07-10-2019, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=neil7908;5951472]In terms of the Doidge chances the first two were very difficult opportunities that even top players would struggle with.

These last two should have yielded a couple of goals though.[/QUOTE

To miss the 1st and 2nd opportunities, ok bad luck combined with good goal keeping but the 3rd and 4th chances are inexcusable. He tried to do the same thing every time, seen the headlines instead of passing. Terrible striking. Not good enough.

brog
07-10-2019, 04:49 PM
First two are chances any striker in the world could miss.
Third is a ****ing awful touch that makes it easy for the goalie. Poor.
Fourth is firing squad stuff and an easy assist would have got him off the hook.

And he knows it.

A succinct & accurate summary. The thing that bothers me is I'm not convinced CD even saw Scotty for the last chance.TBF Scotty started a long way behind him but CD's peripheral vision seemed to be switched off. There was a similar situation last week against Celtc when Scotty, again, was in acres of space in the box behind CD. Doidge did quite well to get a shot on target but again I'm not sure he even knew Scotty was there. Given a big part of his game is to bring others into play then that's concerning.

emerald green
07-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Did morelos not do something similar vs Celtic?

Are you asking or telling? Morelos v Doidge. Aye OK then. :rolleyes:

ancient hibee
07-10-2019, 10:01 PM
A succinct & accurate summary. The thing that bothers me is I'm not convinced CD even saw Scotty for the last chance.TBF Scotty started a long way behind him but CD's peripheral vision seemed to be switched off. There was a similar situation last week against Celtc when Scotty, again, was in acres of space in the box behind CD. Doidge did quite well to get a shot on target but again I'm not sure he even knew Scotty was there. Given a big part of his game is to bring others into play then that's concerning.

But I keep on reading on here that he leads the line superbly.He’s so slow that Allan is faster than him.

B.H.F.C
07-10-2019, 10:05 PM
But I keep on reading on here that he leads the line superbly.He’s so slow that Allan is faster than him.

I think he has led the line quite well in the last few games. He made some good runs to get in so many times on Saturday and against Celtic leading to the goal.

Strikers that don’t score goals aren’t much good to anybody though.

mcfly
07-10-2019, 10:08 PM

🤔🤔

FilipinoHibs
07-10-2019, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=neil7908;5951472]In terms of the Doidge chances the first two were very difficult opportunities that even top players would struggle with.

To miss the 1st and 2nd opportunities, ok bad luck combined with good goal keeping but the 3rd and 4th chances are inexcusable. He tried to do the same thing every time, seen the headlines instead of passing. Terrible striking. Not good enough.

The first should have been hit with his left but so one footed tried to flick ball with his right. Powder puff.

Oscar T Grouch
08-10-2019, 07:27 AM
So despite Aberdeen’s assistant manager stating he thought Mallan had a lot to do with both his players getting sent off, they aren’t gonna appeal either. From bbc’s Gossip column:

Aberdeen will not appeal against the red cards shown to Curtis Main and Lewis Ferguson in Saturday's 1-1 draw at home to Hibs. (Daily Record)

BILLYHIBS
08-10-2019, 07:37 AM
In fairness I thought Joe Lewis got off his line very quick in the first two chances and gave Doidge little time or opportunity

As others have said he needs to lift his head more and increase his game awareness to what is happening round about him

He needs to get cuter give the goalie “the eyes” or try and sell him a dummy and take the ball around him

It all seemed to happen all too quick for Doidge even although in the last two chances he seemed to have loads of time and was obviously getting more and more desperate to score

In my 55 years of watching HIBS the only player I can think of that would score all four is as Ray said Joe McBride Snr a natural finisher

brog
08-10-2019, 10:01 AM
In fairness I thought Joe Lewis got off his line very quick in the first two chances and gave Doidge little time or opportunity

As others have said he needs to lift his head more and increase his game awareness to what is happening round about him

He needs to get cuter give the goalie “the eyes” or try and sell him a dummy and take the ball around him

It all seemed to happen all too quick for Doidge even although in the last two chances he seemed to have loads of time and was obviously getting more and more desperate to score

In my 55 years of watching HIBS the only player I can think of that would score all four is as Ray said Joe McBride Snr a natural finisher

I would add Joe Baker, Deek & Ally MacLeod to that list. Ally did actually score 4 for St M against Oldco & IIRC most were one on ones with the keeper. There was a great pic of John Greig trying to keep last one out & ending up entangled in the net like a poached salmon!

brog
08-10-2019, 10:11 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/scottish-cup/interview-hibs-hero-ally-macleod-on-the-final-that-got-away-1-4134028

I came upon this, hadn't seen before. Great article.

worcesterhibby
08-10-2019, 10:16 AM
Don't care if he is desperate to score not passing to a team mate with an open goal is pub league stuff.

Mo Salah does it all the time for Liverpool, much to the frustration of his team mates. Mane was furious with him earlier this season for just that. I am not for onr second comparing Doidge with Mo Salah, but strikers not passing when they are desperate for a goal is NOT pub league stuff, unless the English premier is a Pub League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuIJX4IhvWM

JimBHibees
08-10-2019, 10:17 AM
So despite Aberdeen’s assistant manager stating he thought Mallan had a lot to do with both his players getting sent off, they aren’t gonna appeal either. From bbc’s Gossip column:

Aberdeen will not appeal against the red cards shown to Curtis Main and Lewis Ferguson in Saturday's 1-1 draw at home to Hibs. (Daily Record)

Docherty is a bit of a gob like his managerial colleague. Was actually good to see a ref punish two appalling tackles which should be reds every day of the week. Couldn't believe sportscene trying to say they were both yellow. Aberdeen have got away with this too long and should be punished more on a weekly basis. Too many hammer throwing teams in the league not refereed properly.

FilipinoHibs
08-10-2019, 10:18 AM

Derek Riordan would get all four or ar least a few penalties. But only watching Hibs for 50 years. I don't think Joe in his second spell would have. 55 years does not cover first spell

JimBHibees
08-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Mo Salah does it all the time for Liverpool, much to the frustration of his team mates. Mane was furious with him earlier this season for just that. I am not for onr second comparing Doidge with Mo Salah, but strikers not passing when they are desperate for a goal is NOT pub league stuff, unless the English premier is a Pub League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuIJX4IhvWM

Lets be clear this wasn't an occasion where there might have been a player in a slightly better position this was a 2 on 1 when passing it was a certain goal which to me is totally different to Salah being in a good position and shooting when another player could have been played in. This was the game done and dusted with a bit of awareness and team play. As I say pub league to do that at a professional level especially given how tight the game was.

worcesterhibby
08-10-2019, 10:25 AM

Watch the highlights of Wolves v Man City at the weekend. Cutrone and Jiminez both missed straight one on ones with the keeper in the first half. Both very similar to the Doidge 3rd and 4th chance in fact they were both worse as neither of them even worked the goalkeeper. To be fair Traore then showed them how to do it in the 2nd half, but it just shows that even Multi-million pound footballers miss one on one chances. Doidge is at least getting into the positions, he just desperately needs a couple of goals as confidence is low.

BILLYHIBS
08-10-2019, 12:22 PM
I would add Joe Baker, Deek & Ally MacLeod to that list. Ally did actually score 4 for St M against Oldco & IIRC most were one on ones with the keeper. There was a great pic of John Greig trying to keep last one out & ending up entangled in the net like a poached salmon!
My fav all time John Greig image is the one taken at Hampden John Greig writhing in agony clutching his leg and you just see John Blackley slooping away in the back ground with a big No6 on his back and I am sure a big smile of satisfaction on his face

Quality!