PDA

View Full Version : Shaw

makaveli1875
05-10-2019, 07:40 PM
Folk keep saying Shaws no good enough, he'd have put away at least 1 of those chances that doidge and Flo missed. The way those 2 are performing in front of goal, Oli surely can't be any worse.

Billy Whizz
05-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Folk keep saying Shaws no good enough, he'd have put away at least 1 of those chances that doidge and Flo missed. The way those 2 are performing in front of goal, Oli surely can't be any worse.

He should have come on today, the way were playing, it was suited more to Oli than Kamberi, as we needed to run behind the Aberdeen defence

BlackSheep
05-10-2019, 07:48 PM
I agree, today I was watching Doidge get into great positions and making good runs and I thought to myself, it’s great to see a manager giving a player time. When I played and I hadn’t featured for whatever reason for a bit, it took me a couple games to get my shooting boots back on and that eye for goal up and running, I personally hated the pressure to perform in an instant. Then Doidge Maisie’s a few chances and I wanted him off....

Now when i think about it I think that Oli needs that kind of trust from a manager to allow him to get into the swing of things, score a goal and let the confidence build... but he hasn’t had that... if he had been given the same amount of game time as Doidge then I think Oli would show his real talent.

Difficulty with this situation is Shaw is never a loan striker or a left winger... the only positions Hecky has let him play in most of Oli’s cameo appearances.

Billy Whizz
05-10-2019, 07:51 PM
I agree, today I was watching Doidge get into great positions and making good runs and I thought to myself, it’s great to see a manager giving a player time. When I played and I hadn’t featured for whatever reason for a bit, it took me a couple games to get my shooting boots back on and that eye for goal up and running, I personally hated the pressure to perform in an instant. Then Doidge Maisie’s a few chances and I wanted him off....

Now when i think about it I think that Oli needs that kind of trust from a manager to allow him to get into the swing of things, score a goal and let the confidence build... but he hasn’t had that... if he had been given the same amount of game time as Doidge then I think Oli would show his real talent.

Difficulty with this situation is Shaw is never a loan striker or a left winger... the only positions Hecky has let him play in most of Oli’s cameo appearances.

Black Sheep, you make a great point about Oli, don’t think Hecky has ever given him a run of games in his natural position. He must surely get a run of games soon.
I wouldn’t be binning Doige, but he’ll need to recover his confidence

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Oil isn’t going to get a run under Hecky. Don’t be daft.

Bangkok Hibby
05-10-2019, 11:09 PM
Oil isn’t going to get a run under Hecky. Don’t be daft.

Ive been saying all season he needs to start some games. Unfortunately though I agree, I dont see it happening under the current manager. Hope I'm wrong.

BILLYHIBS
05-10-2019, 11:13 PM
Where’s Fraser Murray?

Sammy7nil
05-10-2019, 11:15 PM

Yeah the Pitz is a tough gig when your confidence is low :wink:

BILLYHIBS
05-10-2019, 11:19 PM
Yeah the Pitz is a tough gig when your confidence is low :wink:

Tell me about it

Some of my attempts on goal used to hit the cars on the Garage Forecourts 😁

Iggy Pope
05-10-2019, 11:23 PM

Who did you play for under that pressure and were the goalie’s much cop?

Bostonhibby
05-10-2019, 11:27 PM
Oil's a finisher who's had a bit of a bad run when he's been thrown in but he's a finisher and I'd back him to start taking chances again if he gets a run.

I don't really understand what our attacking style / tactics are meant to be just now.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

DetroitHibs
06-10-2019, 12:58 AM
Shaw needs a start, but not up top alone. Doidge and Shaw could be a decent partnership.

rotherhamrob
06-10-2019, 06:52 AM
Where’s Fraser Murray?

That's one of the many things that I'm just not getting, anyone who watched the dev team during the week would have seen how newell performed and yet he's preferred on the bench before Murray.
I think that Murray has only been on the bench once since the morton game, a game that he played well in, baffling.

BILLYHIBS
06-10-2019, 10:32 AM
That's one of the many things that I'm just not getting, anyone who watched the dev team during the week would have seen how newell performed and yet he's preferred on the bench before Murray.
I think that Murray has only been on the bench once since the morton game, a game that he played well in, baffling.

What was Newall like at Rotherham Rob?

BlackSheep
06-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Who did you play for under that pressure and were the goalie’s much cop?

I played for Edinburgh City up til under 21s, pressure when you’re a kid seems much more than as an adult when you have perspective and experience telling it’s only a game...

The standard of my age group was pretty high too... Darren Fletcher played in our league until he was signed by Man U, and a lot of my old teammates and opponents now ply their trade in a variety of Scottish leagues.

Devonhibs
06-10-2019, 11:46 AM

My mate is a Rotherham season ticket holder and said Newall has a good left foot but only had a good game every 4 or 5 match. Seldom tracked back, didn't tackle and has the heart of a mouse. Not too bad really 😃

FilipinoHibs
06-10-2019, 11:55 AM
My mate is a Rotherham season ticket holder and said Newall has a good left foot but only had a good game every 4 or 5 match. Seldom tracked back, didn't tackle and has the heart of a mouse. Not too bad really 😃

Exactly as we have seen so far. Does the recruitment team do their homework.

BILLYHIBS
06-10-2019, 12:10 PM

👍🏾

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2019, 12:13 PM

Shaw isn’t good enough, and no guarantee he would have scored either.

makaveli1875
06-10-2019, 12:15 PM

He never gets a chance to show if he's good enough , Doidge and Flo have 1 league goal between them from 8 games , give the boy a chance he cant really do any worse , might surprise a few folk

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2019, 12:20 PM

Isn't good enough for what? Contributing to a squad finishing top 4? Scoring in big matches like semi finals and against Celtic (and a perfectly good one vs Hearts)? Scoring vital goals to secure points in tight away games?

He might not be good enough yet to start every week but he is clearly good enough to contribute something positive to the squad because he has, many times, already.

Allant1981
06-10-2019, 12:20 PM
He never gets a chance to show if he's good enough , Doidge and Flo have 1 league goal between them from 8 games , give the boy a chance he cant really do any worse , might surprise a few folk

Shaw has had plenty of chances over the last year, he isnt good enough to be the #1 striker at our club

Sammy7nil
06-10-2019, 12:22 PM
Shaw has had plenty of chances over the last year, he isnt good enough to be the #1 striker at our club

It would appear none of our forwards are :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2019, 12:35 PM

This.

supermcginn
06-10-2019, 12:37 PM

Correct. He's not the answer.

makaveli1875
06-10-2019, 12:43 PM

He's lucky if he's played 10 minutes a month since Hecky arrived , he gets **** all chances

Billy Whizz
06-10-2019, 12:47 PM

He has not

HibbyAndy
06-10-2019, 12:57 PM
Didn't Dempster say he was one of the best young strikers in Europe ?

Cannae see her being happy with this clown in charge not giving him game time

heretoday
06-10-2019, 01:06 PM
He's got great hair. Not much else.

bigwheel
06-10-2019, 01:11 PM
He's got great hair. Not much else.

Is that humour ? Or do you really believe that Shaw has nothing to offer ?

1875-Hibernia
06-10-2019, 01:58 PM
He’s had 27 minutes of playing time in the league so far this season - Compare that to Kamberi who has had 486 minutes and only got 1 goal. Or Doidge who has had 369 minutes and 0 goals.

Kamberi only managed 2 more goals than Shaw last season and that was with considerably a lot more game time.

Baffled how anyone can write him off and say he’s not good enough or had too many chances...

rotherhamrob
06-10-2019, 02:08 PM

Was told that he was very lazy but there were times he was unplayable, I'm now thinking I've misunderstood the unplayable part😂😂

Viva_Palmeiras
06-10-2019, 02:11 PM
He’s had 27 minutes of playing time in the league so far this season - Compare that to Kamberi who has had 486 minutes and only got 1 goal. Or Doidge who has had 369 minutes and 0 goals.

Kamberi only managed 2 more goals than Shaw last season and that was with considerably a lot more game time.

Baffled how anyone can write him off and say he’s not good enough or had too many chances...

Probably the same that reckoned JC wasn’t a football player.
In the main forward oriented football players score goals with some regularity.

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2019, 02:14 PM

Mainly because when we have see him he has never convinced us he was good enough and his cameo appearance have shown nothing to convince us that he has improved. Lacks passion, confidence and belief is the impression I get, a youngster who never progressed as well as he should. Would love to be proved wrong though.

1875-Hibernia
06-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Mainly because when we have see him he has never convinced us he was good enough and his cameo appearance have shown nothing to convince us that he has improved. Lacks passion, confidence and belief is the impression I get, a youngster who never progressed as well as he should. Would love to be proved wrong though.

He’s a better goal to minutes ratio than Kamberi! His cameo appearances have given him 27 minutes in the league- he’s too good for the reserve team. It’s good PH has found a team he wants to play with and we look like improving but if Kamberi and Doidge aren’t scoring then give the young lad a chance. I would certainly say one of our strikers are lacking passion, confidence and belief but it’s not Shaw.

Phil MaGlass
06-10-2019, 03:57 PM
He’s a better goal to minutes ratio than Kamberi! His cameo appearances have given him 27 minutes in the league- he’s too good for the reserve team. It’s good PH has found a team he wants to play with and we look like improving but if Kamberi and Doidge aren’t scoring then give the young lad a chance. I would certainly say one of our strikers are lacking passion, confidence and belief but it’s not Shaw.

Get Shaw on, not for one second do I think he would have missed so many sitters than Dodgey Doidge has, give the lad his game time FFS

Allant1981
06-10-2019, 04:31 PM
He has not

Did he not play over 30 games last season?

Robbo6-2
06-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Heckys development of our young players is nothing sort of a disgrace.

Shaw and Murray given zero time and when they do they are out of position.

Mackie hung out to dry at Ibrox and then subsequently punted out on loan.

The rest not given a chance.

we are hibs
06-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Hes scored 2 goals in 2019 and they came back to back in early February. He isnt the answer.

Alfred E Newman
06-10-2019, 04:40 PM

:agree:

SunshineOnLeith
06-10-2019, 04:40 PM
If Shaw was given as many chances and as much time as Doidge is getting, he'd be producing more than that absolute huddy.

I don't think Shaw is good enough but he's becoming, along with Fraser Murray, a victim of Heckingbottom's over the top loyalty to 'his' players.

Robbo6-2
06-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Hes scored 2 goals in 2019 and they came back to back in early February. He isnt the answer.

He hasnt had a chance in the number 9 role since those games

MWHIBBIES

No context at all, just a random statistic to make him look poor.

How many matches has he started since then?

Allant1981

What is Murray's actual position?

we are hibs
06-10-2019, 04:51 PM
No context at all, just a random statistic to make him look poor.

How many matches has he started since then?

Hardly random. Its quite relevant to mention his recent goalscoring record when talking about a striker when we are desperate for goals. He has been a first team player for nearly 2 years now and despite the fact weve been bang average/poor for most of that time he hasnt managed to cement a starting place under 2 managers. Thats down to him, not anyone else.

Robbo6-2
06-10-2019, 04:52 PM
What is Murray's actual position?

Number 10 or 8.

Defo not wide right

Billy Whizz
06-10-2019, 04:55 PM
Number 10 or 8.

Defo not wide right

Played all early Development games wide right, but mostly left

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Hardly random. Its quite relevant to mention his recent goalscoring record when talking about a striker when we are desperate for goals. He has been a first team player for nearly 2 years now and despite the fact weve been bang average/poor for most of that time he hasnt managed to cement a starting place under 2 managers. Thats down to him, not anyone else.

Hibs haven't been bang average to poor for the last 2 years, thats just rubbish.

I think the golden generation has really ruined how some people view young players. They don't all have to be world beaters scoring 20 goals a season at 21 or we get rid. Some take more time than others, some need gametime to improve, some need a bit of confidence and faith shown in them.

Allant1981
06-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Number 10 or 8.

Defo not wide right

So would you drop scott allan for him as he is our current number 10 type player? Just seen the other reply, so he normally plays out wide

we are hibs
06-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Hibs haven't been bang average to poor for the last 2 years, thats just rubbish.

I think the golden generation has really ruined how some people view young players. They don't all have to be world beaters scoring 20 goals a season at 21 or we get rid. Some take more time than others, some need gametime to improve, some need a bit of confidence and faith shown in them.

I said for most of the 2 years. Not all.

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2019, 05:00 PM

Thats still bollocks. We've been a really decent side for most of the last 2 years.

we are hibs
06-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Thats still bollocks. We've been a really decent side for most of the last 2 years.

Its not bollocks at all. Excellent first half to 2018. Average last season and poor this season. We most certainly havent been really decent for most of it, thats just pish.

Smartie
06-10-2019, 05:04 PM

We have varied hugely over that time.

Outstanding first half to 2018, really poor second half to 2018, acceptable first half to 2019, atrocious start to the second half of 2019.

Where you level all of that out is open to opinion but I wouldn't say "really decent" sums it up - which is ridiculous given how good we were just 18 months ago.

Billy Whizz
06-10-2019, 05:10 PM
We have varied hugely over that time.

Outstanding first half to 2018, really poor second half to 2018, acceptable first half to 2019, atrocious start to the second half of 2019.

Where you level all of that out is open to opinion but I wouldn't say "really decent" sums it up - which is ridiculous given how good we were just 18 months ago.

Only 3 starters yesterday from the 5-5 draw with Rangers in May 2018, Hanlon, Stevenson and Allan, and only 2 on the bench, Kamberi and Rocky!
That’s a massive turnover in 17 months, 13 players changed

Iain G
06-10-2019, 05:18 PM
Doidge as the big lump up front with one of our other forwards patterning him would work much better than him upfront on his own. While we have gotten better this last few games we still aren't playing to our players strengths.

Unseen work
06-10-2019, 10:02 PM

I would actually agree, overall since being back up we haven’t been consistent or particularly good minus one 4 months spell.

First season in top flight with Lennon was poor for the first 6 months and I’m sure we were 6th come January? He then played a blinder/got lucky by getting Allan, Kamberi and Maclaren.

The months that followed were exceptional.

Last season Started well and then turned brutal with us dropping down to 8th before picking up under Heckingbottom and then not winning a game in the split.

We really need to up our standards.

The team in the second half of the 1st season was really something and that’s where we need to get to again. The fans were absolutely buzzing and believed in the players. The players had the ability, confidence and knew what it meant to the fans

kiwihibby
08-10-2019, 04:03 AM
So would you drop scott allan for him as he is our current number 10 type player? Just seen the other reply, so he normally plays out wide

Surely you can't be happy with Scott Allan's performances since he came back. Nowhere near the same player without McGinn & McGeoch. Apart from a couple of decent passes he has been a passenger in most of the games he has played. Certainly not above being dropped IMO. Time to give the younger guys a bit of game time. Can't do much worse than what we have at the moment!

Allant1981
08-10-2019, 07:19 AM
Surely you can't be happy with Scott Allan's performances since he came back. Nowhere near the same player without McGinn & McGeoch. Apart from a couple of decent passes he has been a passenger in most of the games he has played. Certainly not above being dropped IMO. Time to give the younger guys a bit of game time. Can't do much worse than what we have at the moment!

Without scott allan we are worse off so yes wouldnt be dropping him