PDA

View Full Version : Im on board, an easier hat trick Doidge will never have!

California-Hibs
05-10-2019, 06:42 PM
Let's not get silly here, Heckingbottom is no where near blaming for today. That game easily could and SHOULD have been something like 1-4 or 2-5.
I was watching live and describing it to my dad over the phone and the best description I could give him was 'Doidge had 3, yes 3, fifa style can't believe he's onside, clear through on goal, chances. THREE!

You bet your house on a striker taking at least one of those glorious chances. James aswel desperately unlucky with a shot hitting the top of the net, Doidge chance first 5 minutes, amongst other chances.

Make no mistake those who didn't see it today, we CREATED today,a lot, threaded through balls, fast press etc. Its almost a freak-like performance for Doidge with those misses.

I don't care what folk say, I saw more than enough from Hibs and Heckingbottoms set up today to be confident with. Doidge cost us, no one else.

If someone on here said a month ago we'd not lose In any of the 3 games - Killie away, Celtic home, Aberdeen away, you'd have been laughed off the messageboard.

A decent run of fixtures coming up now. Bring it on!

houstonhibbee
05-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Let's not get silly here, Heckingbottom is no where near blaming for today. That game easily could and SHOULD have been something like 1-4 or 2-5.
I was watching live and describing it to my dad over the phone and the best description I could give him was 'Doidge had 3, yes 3, fifa style can't believe he's onside, clear through on goal, chances. THREE!

You bet your house on a striker taking at least one of those glorious chances. James aswel desperately unlucky with a shot hitting the top of the net, Doidge chance first 5 minutes, amongst other chances.

Make no mistake those who didn't see it today, we CREATED today,a lot, threaded through balls, fast press etc. Its almost a freak-like performance for Doidge with those misses.

I don't care what folk say, I saw more than enough from Hibs and Heckingbottoms set up today to be confident with. Doidge cost us, no one else.

If someone on here said a month ago we'd not lose In any of the 3 games - Killie away, Celtic home, Aberdeen away, you'd have been laughed off the messageboard.

we seem to play better on the counter attack
at home against lesser teams when we have the bulk of possession we are too ponderous
we played better today against 11 than 10.
As soon as we had the player advantage and the bulk of possession it was the tippy tappy stuff again

Keith_M
05-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Let's not get silly here, Heckingbottom is no where near blaming for today.!

Who was his star signing of the summer?

California-Hibs
05-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Who was his star signing of the summer?

James looking decent, Halberg growing better each game, Vela looking more comfortable.

Don't get me wrong, I was wanting more and better than everyone else, but you can't deny those 3 players haven't shown promise.

ancient hibee
05-10-2019, 06:54 PM
Promise isn’t enough.

California-Hibs
05-10-2019, 06:54 PM
we seem to play better on the counter attack
at home against lesser teams when we have the bulk of possession we are too ponderous
we played better today against 11 than 10.
As soon as we had the player advantage and the bulk of possession it was the tippy tappy stuff again

Our 3 glorious chances came after they went down to 10 men. We executed the space very well and had a very dominant spell from there on out until the last 10 when we admittedly weren't as dominant.

Funny how we all see things differently

California-Hibs
05-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Also people are wasting their bandwidth if they think theres any point writing about how Hecky must go. Another those 3 results and the performances against Celtic and more so today, he won't be going anywhere, rightfully so.

Let's see what the next batch of run of games bring and where we're at.

My_Wife_Camille
05-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Also people are wasting their bandwidth if they think theres any point writing about how Hecky must go. Another those 3 results and the performances against Celtic and more so today, he won't be going anywhere, rightfully so.

Hecky must go

The_Horde
05-10-2019, 07:01 PM

Another 3 draws with 2 goals scored will be enough to keep him?

Is that you Dempster?

SRHibs
05-10-2019, 07:09 PM
Good summary. I think we'll take at least 7 points from the next 3 games.

Ozyhibby
05-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Doidge is heading the same way as James Collins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brog
05-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Doidge is heading the same way as James Collins.

😊 You mean a Champmionship & International striker?

Ozyhibby
05-10-2019, 07:37 PM
[emoji4] You mean a Champmionship & International striker?

Or just a striker who gets us relegated?

I_Love_Latapy
05-10-2019, 07:55 PM

Yeah that’s how I see it.

judas
05-10-2019, 08:59 PM

This 👍

One Day Soon
05-10-2019, 09:10 PM

The next three fixtures are an acid test. These are the games we NEED to be winning to make real progress. A mnimum of 7 points from 9 required. Get that and the critics need to accept he deserves more time. Fail and he is, or should be, toast.

We could certainly do with one sparkling, attacking, assured performance with goals and a win very soon - just to show it's possible.

angus hibby
05-10-2019, 09:11 PM

A sensible post at last. Well said.

JohnM1875
05-10-2019, 09:11 PM
It's a weird one for me. From the start of the season up until recently I've been 100% convinced the guy needs to go. Horrendous football, awful results and just a general down turn in the way the club feels.

Makes it even stranger cause in situations such as this (bigger teams under performing in the league) the players seem to down tools and struggle. I mean, just look at Spurs today as an example pf that. But the past three games has been the complete opposite from us. Fighting and competing a lot better. So, it would seem at least the the players are responding.

My biggest issue during the past three games has been the minuscule handful of chances created. But, again today, it appears we've started doing that and really should have been out of sight.

Ultimately all I care about is Hibs getting results. And Heckingbottom hasn't done that so far. But under any manager, from the three games, I'd have definitely taken a cup Semi, draw with Celtic and a point away at Pittodrie.

He's twisting my melon man.