PDA

View Full Version : Cosgrove challenge

Wheat Hound
05-10-2019, 05:37 PM
Shouldn't have been on the park to score after his shocking 'scissor' challenge but never even got a yellow. Yes we should've seen the game out but that was a shocker for me.

Marvellous
05-10-2019, 05:38 PM
He's Aberdeen personified, total clogger. Big annoying lump of ******.

JohnM1875
05-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Be interesting to see. Both pundits on Sportscene said no chance of a red and maybe a yellow. But one of them was Steven Thompson.

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 05:44 PM
It happens every time. Aberdeen get away with more than everyone else because it's "how they play". We'd be down to 8 or 7 if we'd used their approach.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 05:45 PM
The Cosgrove Challenge?

Is that some kind of human donkey race on Blackpool Beach?

Wait, he scored, doh!

BoomtownHibees
05-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Be interesting to see. Both pundits on Sportscene said no chance of a red and maybe a yellow. But one of them was Steven Thompson.

I think he had already been booked at the time so should have been off

Sir David Gray
05-10-2019, 05:47 PM

He was already on a booking so a yellow card would have been enough to send him off.

southsider
05-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Willie Miller admitted it was a sizzer kick on a Hibs player already on the ground. But .... perhaps the ref just wanted to calm things down. He should have been off 100 percent.
Miller I think it was half a yellow. Eh ! What planet does that pr@ck live on ?

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-10-2019, 06:02 PM
I think that he bottled it because he thought that he made a mistake with Main

kaimendhibs
05-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Should have been off the park

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Frankhfc
05-10-2019, 06:46 PM
I think that he bottled it because he thought that he made a mistake with Main

Why would he think that after clearly thinking it was a red card at the time?

Also its entirely irrelevant as both incidents are to be judged solely on their own merits.

If a referee deliberately calls one decision wrongly because of another decision made much earlier then he should be sacked pronto.

Do you think a linesman would deliberately call a throw in or corner the other way because he may have given a wrong call much earlier in the game?

If Cosgrove deserved to be sent off then he should have walked no matter how many earlier decisions the referee may or may not have called wrong.