PDA

View Full Version : Get this imposter out our club now!!

gazzag70
05-10-2019, 05:22 PM
We have seen many poor Hibs teams before but one up front every game goes against our history.This idiot can’t see out a win against ten men because of his reluctance to attack. His style of football is possibly the worst I have ever seen at Easter Road. He has to go NOW!

cmcd
05-10-2019, 05:24 PM
We have seen many poor Hibs teams before but one up front every game goes against our history.This idiot can’t see out a win against ten men because of his reluctance to attack. His style of football is possibly the worst I have ever seen at Easter Road. He has to go NOW!
Only one thing you can do is stop watching

BlackSheep
05-10-2019, 05:28 PM

True, but should he have to? The old adage is that the fans will be here long after any manager.

gazzag70
05-10-2019, 05:36 PM

I have watched Hibs for over 50 years and I will never stop watching them but surely we deserve better than what we are being dished up just now. This manager will pull us into a relegation battle AGAIN.I have seen the signs before and believe me we are back in the mix for relegation trouble again unless he goes quickly.

Since452
05-10-2019, 05:38 PM
Hecky haters spewing we didn't get beat

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 05:39 PM

Probably more spewing we didn’t win from an amazing position.

Don’t let it stop you trolling though.

Ps why would anyone hate the guy?

green viper
05-10-2019, 05:39 PM

His fault we are where we are at the moment

Liam89
05-10-2019, 05:41 PM
**** off with your negativity.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 05:42 PM
**** off with your negativity.

Unbeaten since losing at home to relegation threatened Hearts.

Fair point, here we goooo four in a row.

Heisenberg
05-10-2019, 05:43 PM

****ing hell. What a ridiculous statement. I’m spewing we’ve not won AGAIN. Played against 10 men for most of the second half and bottled it. Hecky out.

SeanWilson
05-10-2019, 05:44 PM

People on a fans forum, venting their opinions as fans; shock horror!

Leith Green
05-10-2019, 05:45 PM

Yip , lets criticise the fans who are unhappy with a poor manager who has assembled a poor side incapable of winning. Lets make them out to be happy the team are ***** and cant win. Im actually starting to see its the likes of yourselves that are happy with us not winning games

My_Wife_Camille
05-10-2019, 05:45 PM
Get Heckingbottom to ****

BlackSheep
05-10-2019, 05:49 PM

What a load of nonsense!

By your accusation does that mean you think he is doing well?

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 05:50 PM
What a load of nonsense!

By your accusation does that mean you think he is doing well?

Yes they do. Or they’re trolling.

supermcginn
05-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Hecky out.

MWHIBBIES
05-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Still this myth that one up front is negative :faf:

NC1875
05-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Next 3 games will make or break him with the board imo

ArmadaleHibs
05-10-2019, 06:07 PM
Everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion and we will all differ in our thoughts as to what’s right and wrong. But, and it’s an obvious but for anyone to see, this is 100% the worst offensive side we have seen in a long long time. The draw over 120 minutes and penalty win over Killie does not for me signify progress. It signifies we were slightly, and I mean slightly better than a really poor killie team who’s budget is no where near us. We managed a draw against the best team in the country and I’m not taking that away from the team at all but on another day it could have been so so different. We got our fair share of luck in that one. Today we controlled the game pretty well until we went ahead. Then the teams frailties came to the fore. I’ve only missed one game all season, home away and pre-season included and I have no faith in Paul turning this group of players around. We are a shadow of our former selves and it’s really hard to stomach. We have the players to do better but he can’t get it done. I will still go every week and I will still support the team but my patience is wearing so thin with how easy a touch we can be. Paul Heckingbottom is the type of guy who will do the same thing over and over and over and expect the results to differ. They won’t. You only have to watch the team play. They won’t turn this around in my opinion. Hecky will not turn this around. He just won’t.

It’s a sad turn of events for possibly one of the best attacking teams in Scotland. Not saying we have ever been the best but one thing we have always had is an attacking team. I sit/stand watching every week and it’s making me sad to see my team like this.

Ggtth

Leith Green
05-10-2019, 06:07 PM

It all depends on how you set the rest of team up.

Steve Austin
05-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Hi,
see my post re Steve Robinson?

MWHIBBIES
05-10-2019, 06:09 PM
It all depends on how you set the rest of team up.

Exactly. It's absolutely ****ing nothing to do with playing 1 striker. It's the execution of the formation.

emerald green
05-10-2019, 06:19 PM
****ing hell. What a ridiculous statement. I’m spewing we’ve not won AGAIN. Played against 10 men for most of the second half and bottled it. Hecky out.

:agree: Heckingbottom, and many of his signings, are out of their depth. He will take Hibs down. Just look back at results since the league split last season. It's relegation form.

gazzag70
05-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion and we will all differ in our thoughts as to what’s right and wrong. But, and it’s an obvious but for anyone to see, this is 100% the worst offensive side we have seen in a long long time. The draw over 120 minutes and penalty win over Killie does not for me signify progress. It signifies we were slightly, and I mean slightly better than a really poor killie team who’s budget is no where near us. We managed a draw against the best team in the country and I’m not taking that away from the team at all but on another day it could have been so so different. We got our fair share of luck in that one. Today we controlled the game pretty well until we went ahead. Then the teams frailties came to the fore. I’ve only missed one game all season, home away and pre-season included and I have no faith in Paul turning this group of players around. We are a shadow of our former selves and it’s really hard to stomach. We have the players to do better but he can’t get it done. I will still go every week and I will still support the team but my patience is wearing so thin with how easy a touch we can be. Paul Heckingbottom is the type of guy who will do the same thing over and over and over and expect the results to differ. They won’t. You only have to watch the team play. They won’t turn this around in my opinion. Hecky will not turn this around. He just won’t.

It’s a sad turn of events for possibly one of the best attacking teams in Scotland. Not saying we have ever been the best but one thing we have always had is an attacking team. I sit/stand watching every week and it’s making me sad to see my team like this.

Ggtth

This 100%! Well said.

rotherhamrob
05-10-2019, 06:22 PM
One up front isn't the problem as seen by the fact that Doidge has missed sitters to win us the game.
What's more of a problem is his insistence on dropping deep when we have a lead. Whether that's his instructions or players lacking confidence I don't really know but i suspect it's the former.
I'm in no way defending the manager, the sooner he goes the better but he can't legislate for those misses and if they go in we'd all be impressed with a win up there.

jacomo
05-10-2019, 06:24 PM

This is much closer to the truth.

I have a fear we are going to draw from now until the end of time. Beats being skelped I suppose.

Pretty Boy
05-10-2019, 06:27 PM
We won't go down. We won't make top 6. We won't sack Heckingbottom and we won't break 10K in ST sales for next season.

We've slipped seamlessly back into mediocrity after a 2/3 year spell that threatened something different.

jacomo
05-10-2019, 06:27 PM

It can be positive or negative.

Your ridiculous faith in one system only is as bad as those who insist on playing two.

Speedway
05-10-2019, 06:30 PM
We won't go down. We won't make top 6. We won't sack Heckingbottom and we won't break 10K in ST sales for next season.

We've slipped seamlessly back into mediocrity after a 2/3 year spell that threatened something different.

Isn’t that what we’ve done throughout our entire history?

Pretty Boy
05-10-2019, 06:34 PM

Pretty much. I suppose the marketing was just a bit better this time around and I actually believed things had changed.

emerald green
05-10-2019, 06:34 PM

It is, and I can't really fathom out why Hibernian FC has never really been able to make that further step up to the next level. Maybe it's just down to a lack of real ambition and strong leadership?

Speedway
05-10-2019, 06:36 PM
It is, and I can't really fathom out why Hibernian FC has never really been able to make that further step up to the next level. Maybe it's just down to a lack of real ambition and strong leadership?

Maybe influenced by the notion that our true identity is as a ‘community club’?

emerald green
05-10-2019, 06:43 PM
Maybe influenced by the notion that our true identity is as a ‘community club’?

Possibly that's part of it, but it's something that's difficult to pin down on one thing only.

As I said previously, my take is that Hibs will never make the step up to the next level (if I can put it that way) until there is strong leadership and matching levels of ambition, particularly at Board level. That's the crucial ingredient IMHO.

Deansy
05-10-2019, 06:48 PM

Ggtth

:top marks

Lago
05-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Yip over the 50 years I've been supporting them.

judas
05-10-2019, 07:04 PM
This thread (especially the first few posts) has me asking if it’s time to make hibs net a members only site.

I would pay a subscription just to be free of the bitter yam infiltrators.

MWHIBBIES
05-10-2019, 07:15 PM
It can be positive or negative.

Your ridiculous faith in one system only is as bad as those who insist on playing two.

I have no faith in either system, that is the point. The system is irrelevant.

Lago
05-10-2019, 07:17 PM
This thread (especially the first few posts) has me asking if it’s time to make hibs net a members only site.

Would you care to name them?

SChibs
05-10-2019, 07:18 PM
Not seen the game as I have been working today but I keep seeing that Doidge missed 3 or 4 good chances to scored after we went 1 nil up. If one of those goes in then we win the game and everyone is positive. In the end we missed them and conceded a goal but Hecky can't put the ball in the net himself. I don't know what it is with Doidge as he has scored goals down in England and Bolton were going to spend 1m on him before they went bust

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 07:20 PM
Would you care to name them?

Because like any Jambo would want the manager who bent over to Potter recently to leave the club right enough.

gazzag70
05-10-2019, 07:47 PM

If there are any yam infiltrators then YOU are one of them if you are happy to watch this dross. I would happily pay a subscription to to be rid of the happy clappers that are prepared to accept this mediocrity!

judas
05-10-2019, 07:53 PM
If there are any yam infiltrators then YOU are one of them if you are happy to watch this dross. I would happily pay a subscription to to be rid of the happy clappers that are prepared to accept mediocrity!

Hibs are turning and so should you - and head right back to kickback.

penihibs
05-10-2019, 07:55 PM

Get a grip.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 07:55 PM

Turning where exactly?

we are hibs
05-10-2019, 07:59 PM

Youre embarrassing yourself all over this forum tonight

Leith Green
05-10-2019, 08:01 PM

Oh dear..!

hibeerealist
05-10-2019, 08:25 PM
True, but should he have to? The old adage is that the fans will be here long after any manager.

Good point BS

Captain Trips
05-10-2019, 08:42 PM
I don't give a toss about our entire history I'm interested in how we have only 6ts and 1 win in 8 matches. Fair enough if we just came up, fair enough if we were near bottom of league last season.

A whole pre season and decent budget we are in this position? WTF is that all about please explain what is is I am missing to think 6pts is acceptable and 1 win.

There is nothing positive about such a points rally not one thing. Disgraceful.

05-10-2019, 08:54 PM
I don't give a toss about our entire history I'm interested in how we have only 6ts and 1 win in 8 matches. Fair enough if we just came up, fair enough if we were near bottom of league last season.

A whole pre season and decent budget we are in this position? WTF is that all about please explain what is is I am missing to think 6pts is acceptable and 1 win.

There is nothing positive about such a points rally not one thing. Disgraceful.

Where is the post from anyone that said it is acceptable?

jacomo
05-10-2019, 08:59 PM

Indeed.

This is a familiar straw man argument on Hibs.net - those fans who urge patience are accused of being happy with the current situation.

This is an odd one for me because normally I am one of those urging patience. However, the shambles I have seen this season so far is haunting me. The manager was well backed in the summer and seems to have turned a decent team into a poor one, and I see very little to make me think it is going to gel.

Dolce7
05-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Be very careful what you wish for progress has been made since the derby defeat albeit
baby steps but still progress to draw against Celtic and a decent Aberdeen side is encouraging

wookie70
05-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Indeed.

This is a familiar straw man argument on Hibs.net - those fans who urge patience are accused of being happy with the current situation.

This is an odd one for me because normally I am one of those urging patience. However, the shambles I have seen this season so far is haunting me. The manager was well backed in the summer and seems to have turned a decent team into a poor one, and I see very little to make me think it is going to gel.What decent team did he take over. We were a shambles when he arrived.

Hibs90
05-10-2019, 09:12 PM
Didn't think we played that badly today until the last 20 minutes or so. You just knew we were gonna take the foot off the gas once they had the man sent off. In saying that the football is garbage to watch and his tactics and substitutions are a bit strange. Would it not have been better to keep Doidge on and take off Horgan for Kamberi as Middleton is absolutely hopeless.

There is zero ****ing excuses for not winning that game today.

All we are doing by keeping him is meandering on into mediocrity. Again.

SickBoy32
05-10-2019, 09:16 PM
What decent team did he take over. We were a shambles when he arrived.

We were 8th - we are now 10th and looking every bit a genuine bottom six side.

PH may have inherited a shambles, but he has made it even worse.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 09:17 PM
What decent team did he take over. We were a shambles when he arrived.

Our squad last season was much, much better than this **** he’s brought to the club.

Captain Trips
05-10-2019, 09:18 PM

I never said they did if people want him to stay then there must be acceptance of some sort.

1 win in 8.

neil7908
05-10-2019, 09:48 PM
No one can say he hasn't had a chance. Even his 'turnaround' has been underwhelming. We are absolutely toothless upfront and shocking to watch.

The club haven't panicked, he's had a proper chance to show what he's about and he's failed.

Time to go.

Brightside
05-10-2019, 10:54 PM
We will be top 4

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 11:05 PM
We will be top 4

Based on absolutely nothing at all.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2019, 11:09 PM
We will be top 4

Of what?

Jim44
05-10-2019, 11:09 PM
We will be top 4

:faf: maybe top four in the bottom 6 after the split. Seriously, what gives you grounds for this optimism?

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 11:11 PM
:faf: maybe top four in the bottom 6 after the split. Seriously, what gives you grounds for this optimism?

Being too stubborn to admit it’s ludicrous to keep backing the guy in charge.

My_Wife_Camille
05-10-2019, 11:11 PM
We will be top 4
Hahah aye ok big man 😂

Maybe if we get Pheckingbottom to **** but we will never finish top 4 with him at the wheel

BroxburnHibee
05-10-2019, 11:21 PM
If we end up bottom 6 then we'll go down.

Iggy Pope
05-10-2019, 11:28 PM
We will be top 4

I’ve been suspicious of your cred for a while but I think you’ve maybe shot your bolt a wee bit early with that one Undercover,....I mean Underscore.

My_Wife_Camille
05-10-2019, 11:37 PM
I’ve been suspicious of your cred for a while but I think you’ve maybe shot your bolt a wee bit early with that one Undercover,....I mean Underscore.
Not a Jambo but definitely a troll

Squirrel 1875
05-10-2019, 11:42 PM
Top four. A man can dream. This squad and manager are way out of their depth. What a colossal failure of an appointment.

one day maybe...
05-10-2019, 11:47 PM
That game should have been out of sight.. nothing to do with the manager.
Players especially Doidge chose the wrong option when clean through.he squares it we win.. so ****ing simple..

Brightside
05-10-2019, 11:53 PM

A troll. My god man it’s been you reason for being for years. I’ll remain positive. We played very well today.

Captain Trips
05-10-2019, 11:56 PM
Players especially Doidge chose the wrong option when clean through.he squares it we win.. so ****ing simple..

Right and we will have been far less bothered if we had actually looked like a decent team in the previous 6 games apart from 30-40 mins vs Celtic when we were ok. This campaign in the league has been a disaster so far.

Captain Trips
05-10-2019, 11:59 PM
A troll. My god man it’s been you reason for being for years. I’ll remain positive. We played very well today.

Well we need to play even better than very well then.

The_Horde
06-10-2019, 12:19 AM

That ignore button is working out well for you, I see. What's your logic behind your most recent attention seeking prediction?

bingo70
06-10-2019, 05:34 AM

If you play very well against 10 men for half an hour you win comfortably. Especially when you are 1 up already before the red.

You will no doubt point to Doidge missing chances but we were also unable to keep a clean sheet

Sounds to me like we played a bit less pish than normal, unfortunately we can’t play against 10 men every week, think I also saw that Aberdeen started with two 18 year olds?

neil7908
06-10-2019, 05:51 AM
We will be top 4

Maybe under a new manager. With this guy in charge though 🤔

judas
06-10-2019, 06:12 AM
We will be top 4

That’s a big call.

People who make big predictions for Hibs are often denigrated by the more pessimistic among us.

But i could see Hibs making the top 4 yes.

From what I’ve seen Aberdeen are struggling (and we were far superior to them yesterday) and Hearts are absolutely levelled with injuries.

The remaining teams - except the OF - are no better than us in my view with the exception of Motherwell who are having a very good spell.

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2019, 06:13 AM

I don't think we did play very well. We created more chances than of late, but still surrended our lead meekly

18Craig75
06-10-2019, 06:19 AM
Holding in for a tight victory, we’ve missed numerous chances and Aberdeen despite having a man less are starting to turn the screw.

WTF made him then to his bench and think ‘Newell is the player to come on and help fight and scrap to see this one out’??

The man is out of his depth, we could see that Aberdeen goal coming a mile off, how couldn’t he?

Captain Trips
06-10-2019, 07:35 AM

So all the other games we have lost this term players made errors and mistakes in so those defeats have nothing to do with manager either? Players have been choosing wrong options all season.

What has Doidge got to do with the fact Aberdeen scored an equaliser and might have nicked it? Yes on another day he scores one of those game over he didn't and we failed to keep a clean sheet.

Since452
06-10-2019, 07:52 AM
Sounds like 3 or 4 nill would have been a fair result. Hecky out

Heisenberg
06-10-2019, 07:54 AM
Sounds like 3 or 4 nill would have been a fair result. Hecky out

But it was 1-1 and we bottled another lead playing against ten men. His new 300k striker also looks to be a gigantic waste of cash. Good times. Hecky in.

Squirrel 1875
06-10-2019, 08:01 AM

As much as I agree it is never nice to be called a troll, I do believe you need to reflect on your position regarding our performance. We had a distinctly average performance relegated to rubbish given we were up against ten men.

Reflection and ambition are key to the team’s continued success, and that starts with the fans. If we use terms such as “very well” for performances such as yesterday, I think we become part of the problem.

southsider
06-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Our squad last season was much, much better than this **** he’s brought to the club.

Correct and it’s Bertie Auld all over. ‘ You have got a point lads - don’t loose it’.

matty_f
06-10-2019, 08:58 AM

He's just expressing his opinion.

Johnny Clash
06-10-2019, 09:04 AM
But it was 1-1 and we bottled another lead playing against ten men. His new 300k striker also looks to be a gigantic waste of cash. Good times. Hecky in.

The fact we are only able to shell out £300k for a striker is also a problem. There’s huge potential at our club but it will never be realised unless proper investment in the squad happens. Our board and Ron need to seriously look at this as a matter of urgency. I hope our reps on the board make this priority number 1 at future meetings

scooby
06-10-2019, 09:13 AM

Ggtth

Exactly where I'm at, but as a ST holder I'm struggling to drag myself to games at the moment. Really sad.

GreenCastle
06-10-2019, 09:23 AM
For those who are saying it was Doidge fault we didn’t pick up 3 points. The manager recruited this guy. Shaw or Flo would have scored one of those chances yesterday. - even Gullan if he was ever given a chance !

I keep hearing good Aberdeen side - no it really wasn’t. That makes it worse. It was their worst side in years and even 1-0 up against 10 men with x18 year olds we couldn’t beat them.

Another opportunity missed like the Derby against a woeful Hearts team.

If we had turned the corner - then mentally and physically we would have put that game to bed yesterday. Instead it feels like a loss due to the poor management to grind out a win from a winnable position.

jacomo
06-10-2019, 09:50 AM
The fact we are only able to shell out £300k for a striker is also a problem. There’s huge potential at our club but it will never be realised unless proper investment in the squad happens. Our board and Ron need to seriously look at this as a matter of urgency. I hope our reps on the board make this priority number 1 at future meetings

And yet McGinn was only £100k.

Hibs is unlikely to be in a position to pay out large fees and I am not sure this is the best use of our budget. We need to scout better.

Johnny Clash
06-10-2019, 09:52 AM
And yet McGinn was only £100k.

Hibs is unlikely to be in a position to pay out large fees and I am not sure this is the best use of our budget. We need to scout better.

What is our budget for the squad?

hibsbollah
06-10-2019, 09:58 AM

There's nothing wrong with predicting we'll be top four. Who's in 4th? Aberdeen. Who we should have blown away yesterday if we'd taken our chances and who are in crisis mode with the fans calling for McInnes' head. Rangers and Celtic won't be caught, but anyone laughing at the mere possibility we can't get our heads above the utter mediocrity below 2nd in the spfl needs to be the one getting laughed at.

06-10-2019, 10:16 AM

If you can state that only spending 300k on a striker is a problem and that there isn't proper investment in the squad then it sounds like you already know.

18Craig75
06-10-2019, 10:17 AM

Higher than Motherwell, Ross County, Kilmarnock, Livingstone and Hamilton anyway.

500miles
06-10-2019, 10:37 AM
I still wouldn't complain if Heckingbottom walked, but we seem to be putting together more complete performances now.

We need to get 7 points out of the next 9, with the the 3 points at Hamilton being the most crucial. If we don't win against them, he has to go.

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 10:38 AM
I’ve not gone through the full thread but looking at the complaints of the last few weeks.

We were leaking goals like nothing else, he has focussed on that and we’ve conceded 2 against killie, Celtic and Aberdeen. So that you would hope is sorted.

We were lightweight in midfield, we’ve definitely been more aggressive in the middle and competed with these teams since the Hearts game. The high press has been more evident.

We weren’t creating any chances was the complaint with Celtic and Killie games, we should’ve hammered Aberdeen yesterday if Doidge and Kamberi had finished their chances.

Seen a lot of posts citing no progress but we’ve definitely improved, hopefully the next step is burying these chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Clash
06-10-2019, 12:05 PM
If you can state that only spending 300k on a striker is a problem and that there isn't proper investment in the squad then it sounds like you already know.

No, if I knew what the budget was I wouldn’t have asked the question.

06-10-2019, 12:09 PM
No, if I knew what the budget was I wouldn’t have asked the question.

So do you genuinely think jacomo knows it?

My_Wife_Camille
06-10-2019, 12:11 PM
He's just expressing his opinion.
Aren’t we all...

Since452
06-10-2019, 12:12 PM
I’ve not gone through the full thread but looking at the complaints of the last few weeks.

We were leaking goals like nothing else, he has focussed on that and we’ve conceded 2 against killie, Celtic and Aberdeen. So that you would hope is sorted.

We were lightweight in midfield, we’ve definitely been more aggressive in the middle and competed with these teams since the Hearts game. The high press has been more evident.

We weren’t creating any chances was the complaint with Celtic and Killie games, we should’ve hammered Aberdeen yesterday if Doidge and Kamberi had finished their chances.

Seen a lot of posts citing no progress but we’ve definitely improved, hopefully the next step is burying these chances.

Our last 3 results and performances against teams that finished well above us last season give me cause for optimism. Like you say we should have hammered Aberdeen yesterday and there could have been no complaints from them if we'd won 4-0. Good run of fixtures after the break now.

CMurdoch
06-10-2019, 12:31 PM

In 6 and a half years you have made 136 posts.
Could you not make more of an effort when you do rather than a 2 liner with no sign of intellect or insight.
It's the football equivalent of producing "Agadoo" after a month in a music studio.
Why bother.

06-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Our last 3 results and performances against teams that finished well above us last season give me cause for optimism. Like you say we should have hammered Aberdeen yesterday and there could have been no complaints from them if we'd won 4-0. Good run of fixtures after the break now.

Some just don't like to admit there are some signs of improvement. Wouldn't surprise me to see someone using Livingston beating Celtic to criticise us not beating them last week.

Iggy Pope
06-10-2019, 01:33 PM
There's nothing wrong with predicting we'll be top four. Who's in 4th? Aberdeen. Who we should have blown away yesterday if we'd taken our chances and who are in crisis mode with the fans calling for McInnes' head. Rangers and Celtic won't be caught, but anyone laughing at the mere possibility we can't get our heads above the utter mediocrity below 2nd in the spfl needs to be the one getting laughed at.

Laughing at it I wasn’t.
Questioning the validity or purpose behind the post I certainly was. It is beyond optimistic to suggest we will make 4th right now. It’s based on nothing and serves little other than seeking a bit of attention. Which Underscore is good at.
Aberdeen’s ‘crisis’ appears to be a tad less pressing than ours that is clear. If we win a couple of games then we can start looking up the way I reckon. We are 7 without a win and have had some skelpings in to the bargain. Losing two points yesterday istinks. Motherwell, Livingston and Killie look far better placed for top 4 after the current batch of fixtures and form. We are now 25% of the way towards the split. I’m not laughing.

Shrekko
06-10-2019, 01:48 PM

It is 100 percent achievable if everyone pulls together. Yesterday was excruciatingly disappointing but we were rightly feeling aggrieved about 3 points that should have been ours.

BoomtownHibees
06-10-2019, 01:57 PM
I still wouldn't complain if Heckingbottom walked, but we seem to be putting together more complete performances now.

We need to get 7 points out of the next 9, with the the 3 points at Hamilton being the most crucial. If we don't win against them, he has to go.

When were these “complete performances?”

Shrekko
06-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Laughing at it I wasn’t.
Questioning the validity or purpose behind the post I certainly was. It is beyond optimistic to suggest we will make 4th right now. It’s based on nothing and serves little other than seeking a bit of attention. Which Underscore is good at.
Aberdeen’s ‘crisis’ appears to be a tad less pressing than ours that is clear. If we win a couple of games then we can start looking up the way I reckon. We are 7 without a win and have had some skelpings in to the bargain. Losing two points yesterday istinks. Motherwell, Livingston and Killie look far better placed for top 4 after the current batch of fixtures and form. We are now 25% of the way towards the split. I’m not laughing.

What do you think of the countless posts from drama queens insisting we’re definitely going to be relegated?

A bit rich some folk going on about attention seeking regarding one possibly over optimistic post.

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 02:01 PM
What do you think of the countless posts from drama queens insisting we’re definitely going to be relegated?

A bit rich some folk going on about attention seeking regarding one possibly over optimistic post.

Name two of these “drama queens” who have said we are definitely getting relegated? We will be bottom six and playing aimless *****ball but not relegated.

Johnny Clash
06-10-2019, 02:03 PM

There’s a load of comments about ‘our budget’ but clearly nobody seems to know what the budget is. A budget would normally be set to meet your aspirations - so if Ron genuinely wanted Hibs to be regular contenders for third place and Europe then you obviously have to set a budget accordingly. If you’re content with 5th place finishes you’d set a lower budget. So my question wasn’t just aimed at Jacamo and obviously you’ve responded as did another poster ...so that’s seems clear enough , eh? I still have no idea what our budget is but I suspect it needs increasing if we are ever going to fulfil our potential.

Shrekko
06-10-2019, 02:05 PM
Name two of these “drama queens” who have said we are definitely getting relegated? We will be bottom six and playing aimless *****ball but not relegated.
Cannae be arsed mate😉 If you’re saying nobody has said that you’re not reading closely enough.

You could be right, the drama queens might be right, Underscore might be right- frankly I just find it tiresome that people would rather obsess about sacking the manager than hoping things start getting better. This place and social media has been like a cesspit the last year.

green with envy
06-10-2019, 02:08 PM

I really hope you are correct in saying that we won't go down. But I'm really struggling at this time as ti see where our next win is coming.

bingo70
06-10-2019, 02:10 PM

I don’t see why it’s so out the question we could get relegated?

I’m not saying we will definitely go down but it’s a consideration.

It’s a cliche but Thinking we are too good to go down is potentially one of our biggest problems potentially.

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Cannae be arsed mate[emoji6] If you’re saying nobody has said that you’re not reading closely enough.

You could be right, the drama queens might be right, Underscore might be right- frankly I just find it tiresome that people would rather obsess about sacking the manager than hoping things start getting better. This place and social media has been like a cesspit the last year.

Completely agree with this, hard work at times.

bingo70
06-10-2019, 02:13 PM
I really hope you are correct in saying that we won't go down. But I'm really struggling at this time as ti see where our next win is coming.

We’ll win another game, relegation is a very real threat for us this year but I’d still expect us to win one of our next three games.

We’re not creating a lot of chances (when playing against 11 men) and we’re not keeping many clean sheets, that’s a terrible combination.

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Cannae be arsed mate😉 If you’re saying nobody has said that you’re not reading closely enough.

It’s down to being scared after seeing it happen before mate, not just relegation but crowds falling and ***** football. I really hope underscore is correct also but there’s very little to indicate things will get better apart from saying the other teams are ***** too - that ***** we can’t beat them though.

I agree about some of the poison coming from the support is well out of order but at the same time when you love something or someone and you think a person is hurting the thing you care about then it’s easy to take it personally, just check out how much PH was loved when he came in to replace Neil Lennon - because he was doing good things for the club. As much as I agree there’s some utter bams going well over the top, there is others that when Hecky is punted will somehow blame a section of our support for his removal.

I just wish we could go back to the days of St Johnstone at Tynie in the cup and have every single person behind an actual football side full of fight and determination with a game plan. I would even get behind it if we lose games but there was a hint of the team playing as a team and working on stuff that will gradually get better. There’s very little evidence of this at all, there’s no leaders and we can’t see out games when in a lead from Aberdeen to Stirling and throw in Morton.

Sorry for the rant. Most of it is think out loud so hope loads haven’t read :greengrin

Iggy Pope
06-10-2019, 02:29 PM

I’m not producing any drama my friend nor have I suggested relegation. I’m questioning the optimism of one post after several posts yesterday from the poster in question that crave attention. I’ve seen us get relegated three times in my puff, none of them pretty, two of them pre-social media frenzy era. You too?

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 02:32 PM
I don’t see why it’s so out the question we could get relegated?

I’m not saying we will definitely go down but it’s a consideration.

It’s a cliche but Thinking we are too good to go down is potentially one of our biggest problems potentially.

I think we will pick up enough points playing the bland style to grind out a few games while being pumped big time in a few too. I can’t say for certain we won’t go down because I couldn’t say I’m confident going into any game at all, be it Hamilton away next game (could easily lose) or Ross County at home who will make it difficult and hit us on the break through the middle of our team. We are though as likely to win at home to anyone too though. It’s like we’re the definition of a lower half English championship side with a lot less quality (I know that doesn’t make much sense at all) in fact you could say we are a Barnsley type of the league.

Shrekko
06-10-2019, 02:45 PM
It’s down to being scared after seeing it happen before mate, not just relegation but crowds falling and ***** football. I really hope underscore is correct also but there’s very little to indicate things will get better apart from saying the other teams are ***** too - that ***** we can’t beat them though.

I agree about some of the poison coming from the support is well out of order but at the same time when you love something or someone and you think a person is hurting the thing you care about then it’s easy to take it personally, just check out how much PH was loved when he came in to replace Neil Lennon - because he was doing good things for the club. As much as I agree there’s some utter bams going well over the top, there is others that when Hecky is punted will somehow blame a section of our support for his removal.

I just wish we could go back to the days of St Johnstone at Tynie in the cup and have every single person behind an actual football side full of fight and determination with a game plan. I would even get behind it if we lose games but there was a hint of the team playing as a team and working on stuff that will gradually get better. There’s very little evidence of this at all, there’s no leaders and we can’t see out games when in a lead from Aberdeen to Stirling and throw in Morton.

Sorry for the rant. Most of it is think out loud so hope loads haven’t read :greengrin

I absolutely get it- none of us want it happening again.

There’s a balance though and he fans have their part to play in digging us out of it too. If things don’t improve Heckingbottom will go... that side of things will take care of itself. People are totally obsessing about it just now and it’s hurting the club also.

Football has been horrible but I believe we have decent players. How anyone could say it’s worse than they’ve ever seen is totally beyond me though. I’ve been going 40 years and the vast majority has been awful. Alex Miller, Colin Calderwood, Pat Fenton, Terry Butcher, Jim Duffy... need I go on?

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2019, 02:53 PM

There’s a balance though and he fans have their part to play in digging us out of it too. If things don’t improve Heckingbottom will go... that side of things will take care of itself. People are totally obsessing about it just now and it’s hurting the club also.

Football has been horrible but I believe we have decent players. How anyone could say it’s worse than they’ve ever seen is totally beyond me though. I’ve been going 40 years and the vast majority has been awful. Alex Miller, Colin Calderwood, Pat Fenton, Terry Butcher, Jim Duffy... need I go on?

The club are hurting themselves, with the product being offered.

We then have a CEO telling us we signed well in the transfer window, and an Owner who hasn't spoken to us yet. It's a big wholly mess

bingo70
06-10-2019, 02:58 PM

We then have a CEO telling us we signed well in the transfer window, and an Owner who hasn't spoken to us yet. It's a big wholly mess

She couldn’t really say anything else though.

Agree about the new owner, that’s been a really disappointing aspect so far.

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2019, 03:01 PM
She couldn’t really say anything else though.

Agree about the new owner, that’s been a really disappointing aspect so far.

She made herself look silly by saying that, when we could all see it was tripe.

bingo70
06-10-2019, 03:11 PM
She made herself look silly by saying that, when we could all see it was tripe.

Think there had been some criticism of her not talking to the fans much at that point so it was a rushed together interview to shut people up for a bit.

Her interview when she said Oli Shaw was one of the best young strikers in Europe was largely glossed over/laughed at but in reality, what the **** was that about? Were we deep in negotiations with Ron at the time and we were trying to exaggerate the sellable assets we had on our books?

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Think there had been some criticism of her not talking to the fans much at that point so it was a rushed together interview to shut people up for a bit.

Her interview when she said Oli Shaw was one of the best young strikers in Europe was largely glossed over/laughed at but in reality, what the **** was that about? Were we deep in negotiations with Ron at the time and we were trying to exaggerate the sellable assets we had on our books?

Wholeheartedly agree with second sentence, I was thinking then, she was losing a grip on reality

hibeerealist
06-10-2019, 03:20 PM

The table does not lie, we are where we deserve to be. How are we going to reach fourth with this manager and his team/tactics?

Not being a smart a r se just asking a relevant question to your post, don’t laugh me out just give me an answer.

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 03:21 PM

We are in the territory of they above managers, that will lead to falling crowds and even worse on the pitch. Nobody wants to go back to that.

hibeerealist
06-10-2019, 03:24 PM

IF you are suggesting that our budget is not far bigger than the clubs he quotes then ask yourself the question “do I know anything about Scottish football and who are the top clubs”?

It is very evident without knowing just what the budget is

Shrekko
06-10-2019, 03:24 PM

I think this is well established.

I’m saying that the fans... the lifeblood of be club after all need to find a balance in terms of letting the club know but not to the extent where we add to the problem.

Agree with you re Dempster- never been convinced by all the fawning towards her and quite frankly she is often guilty of insulting the fans intelligence with the corporate gobbledegook. Without our cup win I’ve no idea where we’d be right now.

Shrekko
06-10-2019, 03:26 PM
We are in the territory of they above managers, that will lead to falling crowds and even worse on the pitch. Nobody wants to go back to that.

We’re getting close. It’ll be make or break soon-let’s hope the team can turn it around.

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 03:29 PM
We’re getting close. It’ll be make or break soon-let’s hope the team can turn it around.

Fingers crossed. I said regardless of yesterday he was due the next three games and I’ll stick by it. I can’t see it turning but it’s a massive chance.

Yorkshire HFC
06-10-2019, 03:57 PM

The internet is some place - where professionals are slated for doing their jobs to the best of their ability by people with no experience or knowledge of their commitment to their job.

Edinburgh must be a brilliant place to live - everyone on here who lives there must be fantastic at their job going by their comments on others,

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2019, 04:07 PM
The internet is some place - where professionals are slated for doing their jobs to the best of their ability by people with no experience or knowledge of their commitment to their job.

Edinburgh must be a brilliant place to live - everyone on here who lives there must be fantastic at their job going by their comments on others,

It's a football forum.

green with envy
06-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Be very careful what you wish for progress has been made since the derby defeat albeit
baby steps but still progress to draw against Celtic and a decent Aberdeen side is encouraging

This is not a decent Aberdeen side and this coming from Dons fans that I spoke to in the pub after the game.

BoomtownHibees
06-10-2019, 04:12 PM

Maybe football forums aren’t for you

emerald green
06-10-2019, 05:31 PM

If Doidge was doing his job "to the best of his ability" yesterday, well I'm afraid that just isn't good enough at any level. If he had taken all the chances he had during the game, or even one or two of them, he would get praised.

Yorkshire HFC
07-10-2019, 06:10 AM
Maybe football forums aren’t for you

I think you're right.

I just don't understand why footballers are expected to take so much abuse - it wouldn't be tolerated in any other workplace.

I think Starbucks charge too much for a coffee, but I'm not going to yell abuse at the person serving it!

Cataplana
07-10-2019, 06:56 AM
I think you're right.

I just don't understand why footballers are expected to take so much abuse - it wouldn't be tolerated in any other workplace.

I think Starbucks charge too much for a coffee, but I'm not going to yell abuse at the person serving it!

No, but you are not going to applaud loudly and go down for a pint to celebrate if they do particularly well either.

Its not "any other workplace". The wages paid tend to reflect that.

green with envy
07-10-2019, 07:23 AM
I think you're right.

This has to be one of the strangest examples to where football fans express their feelings on a football forum. Or perhaps you're a member of a coffee forum that i'm unaware of.:confused:

Captain Trips
07-10-2019, 08:59 AM
I think you're right.

Well put it this way you know folk are going to shout at you when you start off on your career in the game you also know folk are also going to praise you. Yeah person in "normal" job wont get abuse but on other hand also wont get people wanting to get autographs being told also how great they are as well. Comparing jobs is ridiculous.

If I was offered the chance right now to play football and get shouted at on occasions I would.

WeeRussell
07-10-2019, 11:23 AM
I think you're right.

Would you go on to a coffee forum online and pretend their prices are very reasonable though?

WeeRussell
07-10-2019, 11:37 AM

Third, in theory, is still there for a number of teams to claim.

However they way things are right now we are more likely to be relegated than finish third. Of that I have no doubt.

Andy Bee
07-10-2019, 11:39 AM
I think you're right.

What if the person serving the coffee missed the cup 4 times then expected you to pay for it, don't tell me you're not going to be a wee bit miffed?

My_Wife_Camille
07-10-2019, 12:14 PM
When Steve Clarke took over Killie they had 6 points from their opening 9 games having won 1 and drawn three - a near identical record to us so far this season.

Killie then went on near league winning form for the rest of the season, losing only twice between the October break and the split. Despite that unbelievable run, they still only managed to finish 5th and were still a significant 9 points off a 4th place finish.

For us to even have an outside chance of challenging for top 4 we'll need to put together a run over the next 30 games thats comparable to title winning form imo and as Killie showed after a dreadful start, even that probably won't be enough.

Bobby's Cinema
07-10-2019, 12:20 PM
What if the person serving the coffee missed the cup 4 times then expected you to pay for it, don't tell me you're not going to be a wee bit miffed?
:hilarious:hilarious

Franck Stanton
07-10-2019, 01:09 PM

Wouldn't show it though in case his/her guide dog bit me

One Day Soon
07-10-2019, 01:21 PM
Recent results (Celtic and Aberdeen) suggest we may have become less vulnerable, they do not suggest we will be anywhere remotely near finishing top four.

Suggesting that we are, based on everything we have seen this season to date, is simply not evidenced by anything credible. Yes form MAY turn, results MAY come and the team MAY gel better but it is equally likely on recent form that it will go the other way.

We got a point against Celtic from a deflected own goal, we got a point from Aberdeen in spite of playing against ten men. And these are regarded as the better performances.

We can't draw our way into the top four and so far there's little evidence we are going to start beating teams. Until that happens the seers predicting bottom six or even a relegation battle are more in tune with reality than those suggesting top four.

The way we are being set up to play and with the squad at our disposal I fully expect us to finish 8th, 7th or perhaps 6th if we persist with this joyless dirge and fail to either improve our forwards or sign more. And should Hallberg get injured we will be right back to square one, there is zero cover for him in that midfield.

As to what may bring the season ticket holders back in the same numbers next season, we had better fast acquire one or more of some exciting attacking football, some swagger about the club's leadership or a cup win because the current diet being offered is thin, thin gruel.

basehibby
07-10-2019, 01:26 PM
The board right now will be desperately hoping that the manager they signed at considerable expense turns things round.
I share their hope because any change of manager is a risk and will cost the club loads of dosh.
The last three results will have given them a straw to clutch onto and, in fairness, it would be bizarre and unfair to sack a manager on the back of what, in any other season, would be considered three good results.
Of course I know very well that Saturdays game would have been a win if it wasn't for the lacklustre finishing of one of Heck's primary recruits. Against this you've also got to acknowledge that the profusion of chances Doidge got represent an improvement on recent form. But its results that ultimately matter most. Three points required vs Hamilton or any impression of improvement will turn to dust.

paddy1875
07-10-2019, 02:31 PM
We’ve got a guy in charge that many us don’t see as competent enough to take us forward. The last 3 results have really came from nowhere and on paper are good enough results for any manager in our past to be happy about. Saturday was a poor result going by squandered chances and playing against a depleted Aberdeen side who were down to 10 men for the majority of the second half.

However the performances and results before the last 3 games have turned the fans against heckingbottom. Even if we win the next 3 games we’re just one defeat away from crisis again.

We’re a big club just sleepwalking through a season and that’s about it at the moment. The feel good factor is more or less lost from the last 2-3 seasons and were more or less back to the point we were at pre relegation. In auto pilot to average to below average performances with mediocre crowds beckoning.

Pretty poor management from behind the scenes to the dugout. The fans have done our bit by buying season tickets and putting money into the club only for the board to loose sight of why we’ve backed the club incredibly over the past few years. From communication with us fans to the playing staff brought in it’s just been a huge kick in the baws this year.

Yorkshire HFC
07-10-2019, 03:15 PM

Whatever anyone thinks of the current Hibs team, when they were at school they were the best in their school - by a mile. When they joined a boys club, they were the best player - by a mile. When they got spotted by a pro club, they were the best out of the best in the area. They got offered a pro contract because they were head and shoulders above all the others who were the best from their schools, boys clubs etc.

And then they get signed by a PL club - because they are among the best footballers in the country - they're not imposters, wage thiefs, a disgrace etc.

And still they get slated every week!

Anyway, lets hope that things are looking up.

Halmyre Hibee
07-10-2019, 06:30 PM
Barnsley head coach Daniel Stendl to leave Barnsley before next game..........C'mon Hecky you know you want to.

Sammy7nil
07-10-2019, 06:48 PM
I think you're right.

To be fair this is not his workplace it is a fans forum. No one at the club will be abusing him in the workplace and most fans will be behind him at the game.

elevengoats
07-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Not a popular opinion, I know, but I think we have turned the corner. I think we have performed well in the last 3 games. Hell, I don't care what abuse I get but I thought our performance was not that bad even against Hearts (a game we deserved to win in my view). Yes, we need results and what I know for sure is that we will win the next 3 league games. Will probably lose against Celtic in the cup but who knows. Either way, Hecky still has my full support. If we somehow fail to win the next 3 league games, I will reevaluate my position on this topic.

P.S. To be fair, there is no reason why we couldn't win the next 8 league games, looking at who we are playing against.

calumhibee1
07-10-2019, 06:52 PM
Not a popular opinion, I know, but I think we have turned the corner. I think we have performed well in the last 3 games. Hell, I don't care what abuse I get but I thought our performance was not that bad even against Hearts (a game we deserved to win in my view). Yes, we need results and what I know for sure is that we will win the next 3 league games. Will probably lose against Celtic in the cup but who knows. Either way, Hecky still has my full support. If we somehow fail to win the next 3 league games, I will reevaluate my position on this topic.

P.S. To be fair, there is no reason why we couldn't win the next 8 league games, looking at who we are playing against.

:greengrin

J-C
07-10-2019, 07:00 PM
This has to be one of the strangest examples to where football fans express their feelings on a football forum. Or perhaps you're a member of a coffee forum that i'm unaware of.:confused:

Workers in Starbucks don't get paid ridiculous amounts of money to play football though.

Cataplana
07-10-2019, 07:03 PM
Whatever anyone thinks of the current Hibs team, when they were at school they were the best in their school - by a mile. When they joined a boys club, they were the best player - by a mile. When they got spotted by a pro club, they were the best out of the best in the area. They got offered a pro contract because they were head and shoulders above all the others who were the best from their schools, boys clubs etc.

And then they get signed by a PL club - because they are among the best footballers in the country - they're not imposters, wage thiefs, a disgrace etc.

The Gus Caesar Principle. (Nick Hornby)

Joe6-2
07-10-2019, 07:04 PM
I think you're right.

Yeah, but the coffee tastes ok

Robbo6-2
07-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Barnsley manager has resigned.

Wouldnt it be lovely if they went back in fir Hecky and we get compo for him

The 90+2
07-10-2019, 07:14 PM

Merry Christmas and all that 😁

Get the same agent on the go that convinced Plymouth to give us compensation for Williamson.

My_Wife_Camille
07-10-2019, 07:17 PM

Please.

Inconsequential
07-10-2019, 09:25 PM

Wouldnt it be lovely if they went back in fir Hecky and we get compo for him That sounds promising! Perfect scenario - Heckingbottom goes to Barnsley Hibs get compensation, Barnsley make a bid for Newall in Jan. Jack Ross is fired from Sunderland joins Hibs and makes bids for McNulty and McGeough! Watch this space! :greengrin

IWasThere2016
07-10-2019, 10:31 PM
That sounds promising! Perfect scenario - Heckingbottom goes to Barnsley Hibs get compensation, Barnsley make a bid for Newall in Jan. Jack Ross is fired from Sunderland joins Hibs and makes bids for McNulty and McGeough! Watch this space! :greengrin

Hope you're right Mr Gordon ;-)

Yorkshire HFC
08-10-2019, 06:01 AM
The Gus Caesar Principle. (Nick Hornby)

Correct - I couldn't remember the name of the player when I was thinking that though.

SickBoy32
08-10-2019, 07:19 AM
Come on Barnsley SOS!

scooby
08-10-2019, 07:33 AM
Come on Barnsley, you know you want him.

Since452
08-10-2019, 07:39 AM
That sounds promising! Perfect scenario - Heckingbottom goes to Barnsley Hibs get compensation, Barnsley make a bid for Newall in Jan. Jack Ross is fired from Sunderland joins Hibs and makes bids for McNulty and McGeough! Watch this space! :greengrin

You'd want a manager making an absolute dogs dinner (for the 2nd time) of a league he should be walking to replace Heckingbottom? Sunderland just lost weakly to Lincoln City who have lost their last 8 and 6-0 last week. Honestly this place is nuts

Percy Vere
08-10-2019, 08:06 AM

Doidge missed three sitters. Had one of them been scored we would have won the game. You can’t whine on about the manager for Doidge missing.
The fact he had the opportunity three times also suggests we were creating chances. Listen to you lot on here you wouldn’t think it.

SickBoy32
08-10-2019, 08:14 AM
Doidge missed three sitters. Had one of them been scored we would have won the game. You can’t whine on about the manager for Doidge missing.
The fact he had the opportunity three times also suggests we were creating chances. Listen to you lot on here you wouldn’t think it.

Doidge was one of the managers main summer signings, cost us the game at the weekend, and has generally looked very poor since his arrival from Forest Green - and to rub salt in the wounds he cost us a sizeable fee.

Is it not fair for the manager to take some criticism for this as at the moment, I can't see how Doidge or any of his other signings are a genuine improvement on what we had last year?

Since452
08-10-2019, 09:44 AM
I can't remember the last time we went to Pittodrie and dominated the game like that. 3-0 would have been a fairer reflection on the game. Kamberi could have scored, Porteous could have prevented the goal it wasn't all down to doidge it's a team game. The manager yet again got his tactics spot on. I can't criticise him for Saturday at all. Wasn't so long ago we were being dismantled there 4-0 under our previous manager

Oscar T Grouch
08-10-2019, 10:04 AM
I can't remember the last time we went to Pittodrie and dominated the game like that. 3-0 would have been a fairer reflection on the game. Kamberi could have scored, Porteous could have prevented the goal it wasn't all down to doidge it's a team game. The manager yet again got his tactics spot on. I can't criticise him for Saturday at all. Wasn't so long ago we were being dismantled there 4-0 under our previous manager

So you think bringing on Newel instead of say Whitty was a good move and tactically spot on? Bringing on a player who has shown nothing defensively instead of a player who shone at CB against Celtc? I don't know if you were at the game or not but that change stank and Aberdeen were all over us after that substitution.

calumhibee1
08-10-2019, 10:09 AM
So you think bringing on Newel instead of say Whitty was a good move and tactically spot on? Bringing on a player who has shown nothing defensively instead of a player who shone at CB against Celtc? I don't know if you were at the game or not but that change stank and Aberdeen were all over us after that substitution.

I think it was the wrong decision to bring Newel on. But fans have been hounding him for weeks about not going for the kill when we’ve been 1-0 up and sitting in. Yet when he does make an attacking sub there’s a complete 180 and we should have in fact brought on a defender and sat in. He can’t win can he?

worcesterhibby
08-10-2019, 10:41 AM
I think it was the wrong decision to bring Newel on. But fans have been hounding him for weeks about not going for the kill when we’ve been 1-0 up and sitting in. Yet when he does make an attacking sub there’s a complete 180 and we should have in fact brought on a defender and sat in. He can’t win can he?

I kind of agree with you, but maybe not the best phrase :greengrin

calumhibee1
08-10-2019, 10:49 AM

I kind of agree with you, but maybe not the best phrase :greengrin

True :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
08-10-2019, 11:07 AM

But what actually happened was he took a player off who was playing defensive midfield, sitting in front of the back 4, which made us the better team for the almost 80 minutes we had played. There was no grumbles from the crowd about 'sitting back' because we really weren't. So why change it then? Why decide with 10 minutes left to put Newel on? Every person round me on Saturday was WhyTF is he bringing on Newel for Hallberg? He can't win because when it comes down to it he cannot manage a game to it's conclusion, he has shown this again and again. So yes your last sentence was correct, he cannot win, he keeps showing us that every bloody week!

The 90+2
08-10-2019, 11:08 AM
33/1 to Barnsley, sadly.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-boss-paul-heckingbottom-ranked-as-outsider-to-return-to-barnsley-1-5019651

mcfly
08-10-2019, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=worcesterhibby;5952048]

True :greengrin

I think we get it that your a Hecky fan.

I’m not

His decision to release our defensive midfielders is a terrible error.

His signings are poor at the moment. He has spent a lot on a striker that doesn’t score, has no pace and isn’t very good. How come Motherwell/Livingston pick up strikers that can score and we can’t??

His points tally since the split last year is a sackable tally

Tell us what gives you the confidence he will turn this shambles around cause I can’t see it.

He’s got 3 games max left in my view

calumhibee1
08-10-2019, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=calumhibee1;5952058]

I’m not

His signings are poor at the moment. He has spent a lot on a striker that doesn’t score, has no pace and isn’t very good. How come Motherwell/Livingston pick up strikers that can score and we can’t??

Tell us what gives you the confidence he will turn this shambles around cause I can’t see it.

We’ve saw improvements in the last 3 games. Three games in which lots of hibs fans thought we’d lose them all. We lost none of them. Don’t get me wrong, if we don’t carry on the improvements then that won’t be good enough. But while there’s signs of improvements i’m quite happy to see where it goes.

hibee-boys
08-10-2019, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=mcfly;5952076]

We’ve saw improvements in the last 3 games. Three games in which lots of hibs fans thought we’d lose them all. We lost none of them. Don’t get me wrong, if we don’t carry on the improvements then that won’t be good enough. But while there’s signs of improvements i’m quite happy to see where it goes.

That's where I'm at, fully expected us to get zilch from those 3 games. He's given himself a lifeline, let's see what happens from here. Failure to take 7 out of next 9 points will likely force the clubs hand.

FitbaFolkKen
08-10-2019, 11:32 AM

Good stuff [emoji108]

WeeRussell
08-10-2019, 11:39 AM

I was the best footballer in my school by miles and c***s are always giving me abuse :confused: I'm good at my job tae!

mcfly
08-10-2019, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=mcfly;5952076]

You don’t win games if you don’t score and we don’t score enough.

That’s his error that will get him the sack.

Poor quality signings. When you think of what we watched 2 yrs ago to this.

How far have we fallen and the big fear is crowds will drop very fast.

jacomo
08-10-2019, 11:50 AM
Doidge was one of the managers main summer signings, cost us the game at the weekend, and has generally looked very poor since his arrival from Forest Green - and to rub salt in the wounds he cost us a sizeable fee.

Is it not fair for the manager to take some criticism for this as at the moment, I can't see how Doidge or any of his other signings are a genuine improvement on what we had last year?

:agree:

WeeRussell
08-10-2019, 11:55 AM

Here's hoping you're right but it's a long time since we last won 3 on the trot and I will be pretty surprised if we take 9 points from these next 3, and I think there are a lot of obvious reasons why it won't be 24 from our next 8 league games.

J-C
08-10-2019, 11:57 AM
But what actually happened was he took a player off who was playing defensive midfield, sitting in front of the back 4, which made us the better team for the almost 80 minutes we had played. There was no grumbles from the crowd about 'sitting back' because we really weren't. So why change it then? Why decide with 10 minutes left to put Newel on? Every person round me on Saturday was WhyTF is he bringing on Newel for Hallberg? He can't win because when it comes down to it he cannot manage a game to it's conclusion, he has shown this again and again. So yes your last sentence was correct, he cannot win, he keeps showing us that every bloody week!

Newell has come on most games with around 10 mins to go, making sure he gets his weekly appearance bonus.

HendoDelivered
08-10-2019, 12:02 PM

I’d drive him down myself absolutely free of charge.

Oscar T Grouch
08-10-2019, 12:36 PM
Newell has come on most games with around 10 mins to go, making sure he gets his weekly appearance bonus.

Yeah, I don't know a good footballing reason why he gets a game so wouldn't surprise me if this is true. Just this time it cost us 2 points.

eastmainsmsh
08-10-2019, 01:57 PM
jack ross sacked

JimBHibees
08-10-2019, 01:59 PM
jack ross sacked

Hmmm interesting. Probably end up at Hearts.

Heisenberg
08-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Hmmm interesting. Probably end up at Hearts.

Did he not leave there under a bit of a cloud? My guess to be the next Hibs manager.

MrRobot
08-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I don't know a good footballing reason why he gets a game so wouldn't surprise me if this is true. Just this time it cost us 2 points.

If what is true, that Hecky cares more about Newell getting an appearance bonus than winning? :confused:

I’m not

How much did we pay for Doidge and did Hecky recommend him to the recruitment team?

matty_f
08-10-2019, 03:40 PM

I saw this post and also another (can't remember who posted it) suggesting Newall was only getting a game because he was Hecky's best mate.

Where has this come from?

vercol36
08-10-2019, 03:42 PM
That’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard in a while.

Allant1981
08-10-2019, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=calumhibee1;5952058]

I’m not

They weren't really bad decisions as the guys who were let go were either to slow(milligan) or not playing most weeks(bartley) the bad decision was not to sign a replacement in this position

BILLYHIBS
08-10-2019, 04:10 PM
I saw this post and also another (can't remember who posted it) suggesting Newall was only getting a game because he was Hecky's best mate.

I actually said it in reference to the last ten minutes on Saturday versus a ten man Aberdeen on another thread

We are backs against the wall with ten minutes to go holding them out quite well but under pressure defensively and under an aerial assault

Hecky has already subbed a misfiring Doidge and an ineffective Horgan and then decides to take off Hallberg who was playing quite well in front of our back line for Joe Newall a winger/ midfielder

Please also bear in mind we have Whittaker available on the bench who was outstanding versus Celtic and he has now removed from the fray Doidge and Hallberg both very good in the air defensively and offensively at set pieces

My comment “Heckys best mate” was intended to be flippant but the fact that we almost immediately lost a goal leads me to the conclusion that the substitution weakened us defensively and played into Aberdeen’s hands and effectively cost us two points

It was another poster that raised the point that Newall always seems to get the last ten minutes

J-C
08-10-2019, 04:19 PM

Not come from anywhere apart from trying to figure out why he keeps getting on with around 10 mins to go when he been a brutal signing. What other reason is there that he's on the bench before Murray.

angus hibby
08-10-2019, 04:26 PM
I actually said it in reference to the last ten minutes on Saturday versus a ten man Aberdeen on another thread

We are backs against the wall with ten minutes to go holding them out quite well but under pressure defensively and under an aerial assault

Hecky has already subbed a misfiring Doidge and an ineffective Horgan and then decides to take off Hallberg who was playing quite well in front of our back line for Joe Newall a winger/ midfielder

Please also bear in mind we have Whittaker available on the bench who was outstanding versus Celtic and he has now removed from the fray Doidge and Hallberg both very good in the air defensively and offensively at set pieces

My comment “Heckys best mate” was intended to be flippant but the fact that we almost immediately lost a goal leads me to the conclusion that the substitution weakened us defensively and played into Aberdeen’s hands and effectively cost us two points

It was another poster that raised the point that Newall always seems to get the last ten minutes

It was Porteous who was marking Cosgrove so makes no difference at all if Doidge and Hallberg were still on the pitch.

angus hibby
08-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Not come from anywhere apart from trying to figure out why he keeps getting on with around 10 mins to go when he been a brutal signing. What other reason is there that he's on the bench before Murray.

Maybe he performs better in training??

BILLYHIBS
08-10-2019, 04:43 PM
It was Porteous who was marking Cosgrove so makes no difference at all if Doidge and Hallberg were still on the pitch.

Who knows?

My point is that Hallberg should have been allowed to continue playing or be replaced by another defender

There is no doubt that Aberdeen had greater joy making inroads through our defence without a DM

The passage of play in the build up to their corner might never have occurred if Hallberg had been on the pitch to intervene in the eight minute build up passage of play leading up to their corner

Eight minutes passed between Hallberg getting hooked and Cosgrove scoring

Yes Ryan should have done better you could tell by his reaction to their undeserved goal

As I said who knows?

There is no doubt in my mind that given the stage of the game the substitution was the wrong call from a tactical point of view

hibeerealist
08-10-2019, 05:57 PM

:agree: A very bad substitution and not for the first time

hibeerealist
08-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Maybe he performs better in training??

Give it a rest.

Even IF he is a superstar in training he is not doing it on the pitch, however, the point here is PH sent on Newell when Whitt’s was a far more suitable option - very poor choice sand contributed to Aberdeen getting at us in last 10 mins. Blind man can see that, but you cling on to the “doing well in training” nonsense.

BILLYHIBS
08-10-2019, 06:03 PM

This

MrRobot
08-10-2019, 07:20 PM

i honestly dont know how he can be classed as a brutal signing when he has had so little playing time.

SickBoy32
08-10-2019, 07:36 PM
i honestly dont know how he can be classed as a brutal signing when he has had so little playing time.

Do you really believe that?

Newell was signed on the 9th of June, so clearly was intended to play a significant part by PH. Your point about so little playing time - if the manager who signed him can't get him into a dreadful Hibs team, then I think at this stage, brutal signing is more than fair.

My_Wife_Camille
08-10-2019, 07:50 PM
Down to 16/1 on Skybet for the Barnsley job :pray:

bingo70
08-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Down to 16/1 on Skybet for the Barnsley job :pray:

8/1 for the Sunderland job

angus hibby
08-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Give it a rest.

Even IF he is a superstar in training he is not doing it on the pitch, however, the point here is PH sent on Newell when Whitt’s was a far more suitable option - very poor choice sand contributed to Aberdeen getting at us in last 10 mins. Blind man can see that, but you cling on to the “doing well in training” nonsense.

You asked the question why Newell is on bench ahead of Murray, and I simply suggested Newell is performing better in training than Murray at moment. It was only a suggestion on my part!

MrRobot
09-10-2019, 12:00 PM
Do you really believe that?

Newell was signed on the 9th of June, so clearly was intended to play a significant part by PH. Your point about so little playing time - if the manager who signed him can't get him into a dreadful Hibs team, then I think at this stage, brutal signing is more than fair.

I dont think brutal signing is fair, no.

He is unproven at the moment. He has moved to a different country, playing in a different league and so far hasn't had much opportunity and when he has he has been played as a winger, which isn't his position(I dont think anyway)

I get your point that he isn't forcing his way into the team, which is fair, but ability wise i dont have an opinion yet. I would like to think he can make an impact sooner rather than later.

hibeerealist
09-10-2019, 12:12 PM
You asked the question why Newell is on bench ahead of Murray, and I simply suggested Newell is performing better in training than Murray at moment. It was only a suggestion on my part!

Fair enough AH

gazzag70
19-10-2019, 03:50 PM
Once again I say this imposter has to GO!! He might possibly be a good coach but as a manager/Head coach he has to leave now. His formations and tactics are too negative and it would appear the players are not on board either. Once again he is unable to see out a win.We can’t afford to offer a sub standard manager too much time as we have payed the price for this in the past. To my dismay some fans seem to want to afford this clown more time, for those that support him I ask WHY?

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 04:35 PM
Has he gone yet!
Taxi for Heckingbottom please.