PDA

View Full Version : The worst thing about it

B.H.F.C
05-10-2019, 04:33 PM
Is that the last three games will have saved him. The club will think that we’re ‘progressing’.

We are wandering right in to a relegation fight. We are incapable of winning games.

Unseen work
05-10-2019, 04:39 PM
The last 3 games have only papered over major cracks.

Borderhibbie76
05-10-2019, 04:41 PM
We are going absolutely nowhere with Hecky at the wheel and as a ST holder I can't even be bothered attending games at moment...depressing stuff and our Board as just sitting back and letting it all unfold

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Spudster
05-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Worst thing about it is Scotty Allan leaving Aberdeen with a big plastic boot on his leg

A Hi-Bee
05-10-2019, 04:47 PM
We are going absolutely nowhere with Hecky at the wheel and as a ST holder I can't even be bothered attending games at moment...depressing stuff and our Board as just sitting back and letting it all unfold

Same thing and dont wish to go back while he is at E.R.

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 04:48 PM
The board aren't idiots. They'll know today's performance wasn't acceptable.

Borderhibbie76
05-10-2019, 04:53 PM
The board aren't idiots. They'll know today's performance wasn't acceptable.You sure about that?? Theyve been sitting watching this rubbish for 2 months now

Speedway
05-10-2019, 04:57 PM
You sure about that?? Theyve been sitting watching this rubbish for 2 months now

I think I know why.

RG is working his plan. He’s doing it quietly behind the scenes, but he’s working his plan

B.H.F.C
05-10-2019, 05:17 PM

They appointed him in the first place. And have been watching this garbage for however many weeks.

bingo70
05-10-2019, 05:25 PM
I think I know why.

RG is working his plan. He’s doing it quietly behind the scenes, but he’s working his plan

What do you think that plan is Speedway?

Wait until changes made at George Craig/boardroom level so it’s his people picking the new manager and not the old guard?

Smartie
05-10-2019, 05:27 PM
The last 3 games have only papered over major cracks.

They may have papered over some, in my opinion they have exposed more new cracks than they have covered.

If our aspirations are to finish in the top 4, our past 3 games have provided further evidence that we are woefully unprepared to do so.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-10-2019, 05:28 PM
Same thing and dont wish to go back while he is at E.R.

Thing about comments like this is it was bandied about in the Miller era. Some carried out the threat,’others didn’t. Wonder if folks ever came back bad the off cup-semi or Final. Which is there free choice.

All I’d observe - is given the above - it’s not really about the manager is it? (or maybe it starts off that way). So if it’s not the manager what is it?

scooby
05-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Thing about comments like this is it was bandied about in the Miller era. Some carried out the threat,’others didn’t. Wonder if folks ever came back bad the off cup-semi or Final. Which is there free choice.

All I’d observe - is given the above - it’s not really about the manager is it? (or maybe it starts off that way). So if it’s not the manager what is it?

It is about the manager though, because it's his team, tactics and formation. The product we're paying to watch is sub-standard and consumers will vote with their feet.
I don't expect my team to win every game, but I do expect them to be competitive and entertaining.
I don't enjoy watching Hibs at the moment.

Leith Green
05-10-2019, 05:46 PM

Im beginning to think they are idiots

Speedway
05-10-2019, 06:27 PM
What do you think that plan is Speedway?

Wait until changes made at George Craig/boardroom level so it’s his people picking the new manager and not the old guard?

I think the plan is to hoist them (the board and management) by their own petard, by which I mean, put them under scrutiny, make them submit departmental plans, give them heavy accountability when they’ve been used to having to comply with none of these and see who stands up.

Having given them enough rope to hang themselves, learn who he can count on and start making changes.

This is why I believe he’s taking his time.

bingo70
05-10-2019, 06:46 PM
I think the plan is to hoist them (the board and management) by their own petard, by which I mean, put them under scrutiny, make them submit departmental plans, give them heavy accountability when they’ve been used to having to comply with none of these and see who stands up.

Having given them enough rope to hang themselves, learn who he can count on and start making changes.

This is why I believe he’s taking his time.

I get that for the back office staff but not sure it makes any sense regarding the managers position?

B.H.F.C
05-10-2019, 06:51 PM
I get that for the back office staff but not sure it makes any sense regarding the managers position?

From a ‘business’ point of view, and he is a business man, I don’t think he’ll view the head coach as being that high up the food chain.

I think changes are likely to happen above him first. George Craig ‘retiring’ being the first change.

Speedway
05-10-2019, 06:54 PM

If you’ve got a pay off for sacking him in your future, you’d want to make sure you’d given him enough time to prove that he can’t get a tune out of his expensively assembled side, would you not?

ancient hibee
05-10-2019, 06:58 PM
The chance of a drop of 3/4000 season tickets should concentrate a few minds.

Dolce7
05-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Let’s get realistic here today’s performance was more than acceptable with
a little more luck we could have won

Heisenberg
05-10-2019, 09:27 PM
Let’s get realistic here today’s performance was more than acceptable with
a little more luck we could have won

Our 300k striker missing about four 1v1s isn’t down to bad luck. It’s down to him being a big *****bag that can’t handle it at Hibs.

GreenCastle
05-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Worst thing about it is Scotty Allan leaving Aberdeen with a big plastic boot on his leg

Did I miss something??

Spudster
05-10-2019, 09:34 PM
Did I miss something??
Allan left Pittodrie in a big plastic boot

gazzag70
05-10-2019, 09:50 PM
It is a worry that the board will think that recent mediocre results are a form of progress and award this clown and his eye bleeding football an extension that will lead us into a relegation battle. Sack this idiot now and let us move forward before it’s too late.

Glory Lurker
05-10-2019, 09:54 PM
In fairness, we've kept the goal difference at -10 and aren't worse-placed than the worst Hearts team in 40 years.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 09:56 PM
It is a worry that the board will think that recent mediocre results are a form of progress and award this clown and his eye bleeding football an extension that will lead us into a relegation battle. Sack this idiot now and let us move forward before it’s too late.

If the board have the same mind as some of the apologists on here then we will be in deep deep trouble come January.

the tornadoe
06-10-2019, 07:00 AM
Unfortunately for me Heckingbottom is just not up to it... tactically he is very very nieve. His use of subs in both the Hearts game and yesterday in my opinion cost us both games. Taking Hallberg off then putting on the the wrong sub was so obviously the wrong thing to do in both games. Both times we were overrun in the midfield and both times we threw away a lead.
Horgan continues to start/play without contributing much lately either going forward or protecting the defence.

Too many just plain simple tactical changes are not implemented when the game requires them.

Borderhibbie76
06-10-2019, 07:02 AM
I think I know why.

RG is working his plan. He’s doing it quietly behind the scenes, but he’s working his planAnd what is the grand plan?? Coz I do hope there is one??

Borderhibbie76
06-10-2019, 07:05 AM

All I’d observe - is given the above - it’s not really about the manager is it? (or maybe it starts off that way). So if it’s not the manager what is it?Sorry but I feel exactly like this for the 1st time in my Hibs supporting life of 30 odd years. The football is eye bleeding and have no interest in going. Not been to an away match all season nor a home game since the derby. I'm a long standing ST holder and normally attend all away matches except the uglies. Have zero interest at moment and can understand others feeling this way...dont even want to go to Hampden to watch Hecky play 11 behind the ball at every opportunity

GoalsMcGinley
06-10-2019, 07:23 AM
In fairness, we've kept the goal difference at -10 and aren't worse-placed than the worst Hearts team in 40 years.

There it is. Wondered how long it would take. It’s fine coz we’re above hearts. Why are the suddenly the barometer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianmc
06-10-2019, 07:26 AM
There it is. Wondered how long it would take. It’s fine coz we’re above hearts. Why are the suddenly the barometer?

We're below hearts.

Sir David Gray
06-10-2019, 07:27 AM

We're below Hearts on goal difference.

we are hibs
06-10-2019, 07:40 AM
As far as im concerned the seasons done in terms of achieving anything overly positive. We wont beat celtic at hampden. We will struggle for top6. Thats with the current manager or a new one. If the current manager remains ill be glad to stay up. The squad just isnt good enough.

History is repeating itself and some are burying their heads in the sand. Weve seen this countless times before and it never ends well. For a club who claimed theyve learned from the mistakes of the past, they arent half putting doubt in minds over whether they actually have. A new manager would have a tougher task than Heckingbottom had when he arrived and would be on more of a back foot than him imo.

Captain Trips
06-10-2019, 07:54 AM
Why are there any threads like this and the others on here? Taking over from NL we had and still do some good players whatever happened with NL I dont know but he was not getting best from squad. PH takes over gets them going early doors and key for me has real time to asses everyone for 2/3 months before going into transfer window.

We enter transfer window and PH is backed to do his business bringing in people to improve us and selling on or releasing players deemed not required. For me it was as good a situation to be in that many managers in our past didn't get. I think he has released players he shouldn't have and brought in players that at this juncture are looking iffy. We are also having iffy performances from established players also.

I just cannot believe with all of that we have 6pts from 24 with 1 win. We haven't been unlucky in the lost games we have just been poor. Yesterday is first game I can honestly say we should have won but even in that we had spells vs 10 men of panic. It isn't good enough and there is no excuse.

We should not be "turning corners" with tools given we should have been on straight road.

Sir David Gray
06-10-2019, 08:00 AM
As far as im concerned the seasons done in terms of achieving anything overly positive. We wont beat celtic at hampden. We will struggle for top6. Thats with the current manager or a new one. If the current manager remains ill be glad to stay up. The squad just isnt good enough.

History is repeating itself and some are burying their heads in the sand. Weve seen this countless times before and it never ends well. For a club who claimed theyve learned from the mistakes of the past, they arent half putting doubt in minds over whether they actually have. A new manager would have a tougher task than Heckingbottom had when he arrived and would be on more of a back foot than him imo.

I think the bit in bold is the thing I'm most disappointed about.

When we were relegated just over 5 years ago, it was really depressing but not surprising as we had been flirting with relegation for about the previous 3 years.

This season we are under different ownership and people running the club who had promised us that things had changed at the club and our ambitions were to consistently challenge at the top end of the league.

For us to be back in this position so soon after the last time, with our Championship "adventure" still so fresh in the memory, is the thing I find hardest to stomach.

Even if we don't get relegated this season, the regression in such a short space of time is extremely alarming.

hibsmad
06-10-2019, 08:23 AM
The worst thing for me right now is that Hecky said towards the end of last season, "judge me next season". When he'd had the time to bring in his own players and work with them in pre season.

Now, despite him clearly failing and taking us backwards, he remains in charge and we look like having to write off a whole season.

There's no doubt in my mind that he has simply underestimated our league. I actually think he has it in him to be a good manager, he has just made such a balls up of it to start with that we cant wait for him to figure it out.

FilipinoHibs
06-10-2019, 12:00 PM

I think it is tongue in cheek. Poster just pointing out how dire we are.