PDA

View Full Version : Next three games before the semi final

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Hamilton (A)
Ross County (H)
Livingston (H)

I'm at the point where the board should be telling the manager that failure to win any of these games should result in an instant dismissal.

hfc rd
05-10-2019, 04:13 PM
On paper, we should be winning these games but I think we all know what’s going to happen. Score a goal and sit back, invite pressure onto ourselves which sees us buckle and concede.

Same old, typical boring story. Can’t seem to win a game within 90 mins anywhere just now!

we are hibs
05-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Perfect run of games for a new manager to settle into.

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 04:15 PM
On paper, we should be winning these games but I think we all know what’s going to happen. Score a goal and sit back, invite pressure onto ourselves which sees us buckle and concede.

Same old, typical boring story. Can’t seem to win a game within 90 mins anywhere just now!

Fair enough. It's also fair enough to issue an ultimatum to the manager that if he tries these same failing tactics again, and we draw or lose, he's sacked.

Maybe he'll think twice about using them. :aok:

One Day Soon
05-10-2019, 04:16 PM
6 or 7 points is the minimum required from these games otherwise he's toast I would say, semi-final or not.

lucky
05-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Minimum of 7 points required but more likely 2 or 3.

SANH 1875
05-10-2019, 04:17 PM
7 points or sacked.

Hiber-nation
05-10-2019, 04:18 PM
We should be considering nothing less than 9 points.

PaulSmith
05-10-2019, 04:20 PM
I don’t think we are capable of scoring more than one goal in a game and we’ll
always make a mistake at the other end.

How anyone can be confident about winning any game is beyond me. We have a totally inept manager.

hibsbollah
05-10-2019, 04:21 PM
I said in early September that it would be these 'easier' games that will decide his fate.

I think the board will tolerate a mediocre season of poor football if we safely stay in midtable away from the basket case sides like Hamilton, and at least show evidence we can build something better next year.

Any sign that we are going to be hovering near the drop zone, and a regular inability to put really pish teams to the sword, and I think he'll be gone.

My_Wife_Camille
05-10-2019, 04:31 PM
Should be sacked whether it’s 0 or 9 points.

If a manager has got to the point where is keeping his keeping his job based on a win over ***** like Hamilton Accies then it’s already gone way too far.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2019, 04:34 PM
We shouldn't even need to debate whether we are going to beat Hamilton, Ross County and Livingston.

The fact that the manager's position depends on beating those sides speaks volumes.

Marvellous
05-10-2019, 04:36 PM
We shouldn't even need to debate whether we are going to beat Hamilton, Ross County and Livingston.

The fact that the manager's position depends on beating those sides speaks volumes.

Does it? :confused:

Marvellous
05-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Hamilton (A)
Ross County (H)
Livingston (H)

I'm at the point where the board should be telling the manager that failure to win any of these games should result in an instant dismissal.

If we beat Hamilton 4-0, beat County 6-0 but draw 1-1 with Livingston and play very well is that still instant dismissal or is there some room for reason in this ultimatum we're delivering to Hecky?

bingo70
05-10-2019, 04:41 PM
7 points or sacked.

Or we don’t win the first 2 but he has an excuse for both, win the third game and we have another thread like this saying he has another three games to save his job.

My_Wife_Camille
05-10-2019, 04:42 PM
If we beat Hamilton 4-0, beat County 6-0 but draw 1-1 with Livingston and play very well is that still instant dismissal or is there some room for reason in this ultimatum we're delivering to Hecky?
Instant dismissal

Keith_M
05-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Hamilton (A)
Ross County (H)
Livingston (H)

We really should be expecting at least two wins from those matches.

What will actually happen is anybody's guess.

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 04:44 PM

That would just about be one of the few situations where less than nine points might be acceptable. However, a 1-1 v Livingston and playing very well would be similar to the result today, so probably not.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2019, 04:44 PM

We've only scored 7 goals in the first 8 games, I highly doubt we'll score 11 goals in our next 3 games.

CloudSquall
05-10-2019, 04:48 PM
7 points is the bare minimum that should be acceptable, anything less and he should be gone.

Unfortunately I suspect that the points picked up vs Celtic and Aberdeen will be used by the club to keep him on until we are waist deep in a relegation fight.

Marvellous
05-10-2019, 04:49 PM
We've only scored 7 goals in the first 8 games, I highly doubt we'll score 11 goals in our next 3 games.

Hecky hasn't been given his ultimatum yet.

Unseen work
05-10-2019, 04:50 PM
Hamilton (A)
Ross County (H)
Livingston (H)

Any?!

Im sorry but that should be 3 wins, every day of the week.

rotherhamrob
05-10-2019, 04:55 PM
Knowing hibs we'll win 1 lose 1 and draw 1 which allied to current form should be stackable, we'll then fluke a result against celtic and that will buy the manager some more time as we'll be in a final and leann etc won't want to sack a manager thats got us there

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Knowing hibs we'll win 1 lose 1 and draw 1 which allied to current form should be stackable, we'll then fluke a result against celtic and that will buy the manager some more time as we'll be in a final and leann etc won't want to sack a manager thats got us there

Hearts sacked McGlynn after he got them to the final.

wookie70
05-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Great chance to get some momentum going for Hampden and lift some of the doom and gloom about here. It is going in the right direction.

Onion
05-10-2019, 04:59 PM

Travelling support causing Hibs problems now. If only Heckingbottom could play games behind closed doors we'd be pushing for Europe.

Torto7
05-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Three 1-1 draws after leading in all three.

rotherhamrob
05-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Hearts sacked McGlynn after he got them to the final.

Tbh I didn't know that but I was making the point that if hibs can find an excuse not to sack him they will.
They can see what we're seeing but still choose to back him, unbelievable.

Heisenberg
05-10-2019, 05:14 PM
We are awful. Extremely close to the bottom of the league after 8 games. Scraping to a semi final on pens shouldn’t be enough to save this mans job. Lennon got sacked for going on a similar run to the one we are on now, expect he had given us a whole lot more previously than Hecky ever will.

Not beating Hamilton should see him go, although I’d punt him now.

Bob Box Fish
05-10-2019, 05:15 PM
Now would be the perfect time to get someone in with the international break imminent, sadly, I think Leanne would have us playing championship football next season before putting her hands up she hired the wrong man.

Musselbound
05-10-2019, 05:17 PM
6 or 7 points is the minimum required from these games otherwise he's toast I would say, semi-final or not.

I would agree with that. Minimum of 6 points needed to show some signs of improvement. By then we will have played everyone and can see where we are. 6 points from 8 games is really poor and drawing many more will have us in even more trouble.

SickBoy32
05-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Get this joker out now!

His bland persona and negative tactics have set us back years

Torto7062
05-10-2019, 09:16 PM
6 or 7 points is the minimum required from these games otherwise he's toast I would say, semi-final or not.9 points nothing less I'm afraid or I'll put his jacket on and shut the door behind him as he leaves ER

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
05-10-2019, 09:20 PM
We really should be expecting at least two wins from those matches.

What will actually happen is anybody's guess.

We should be expecting 3 wins.

Our budget and fan base is far bigger than all 3.

2 home games and a winnable away game.

9 points and he will definitely get more fans back on side.

Drop points and he will remain mixed opinion for many.

SRHibs
05-10-2019, 09:45 PM
Should be sacked whether it’s 0 or 9 points.

If a manager has got to the point where is keeping his keeping his job based on a win over ***** like Hamilton Accies then it’s already gone way too far.

A semi-final qualification, followed by draws with Celtic and Aberdeen then winning 3 on the trot, would be a superb return. Would have to be mental to sack him if that's how things pan out.

We should be expecting 3 wins.

Our budget and fan base is far bigger than all 3.

2 home games and a winnable away game.

9 points and he will definitely get more fans back on side.

Drop points and he will remain mixed opinion for many.

I take it you're delighted that Hecky managed to get us 2 draws against sides with much larger budgets than us? No, based on your posting history. Funny that.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 10:07 PM
1 loss and 2 draws.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 10:09 PM
A semi-final qualification, followed by draws with Celtic and Aberdeen then winning 3 on the trot, would be a superb return. Would have to be mental to sack him if that's how things pan out.

I take it you're delighted that Hecky managed to get us 2 draws against sides with much larger budgets than us? No, based on your posting history. Funny that.

Probably not considering it came off the back of a derby loss to the worst hearts team ever out ever (okay the one we managed to draw with before the end of the season was worse) humiliations at Stirling Ibrox and Motherwell plus defeats to a couple other teams and having won once in the league since winning at Tynie about 5 months ago.

Nicho87
05-10-2019, 10:16 PM
Next 3 games I fear he wins 2 of them and still our season is over regardless. Lost any faith in him what so ever. Would never wish a hibs loss but what does this guy need to do or not do to get punted.

Hibs way: attacking football.

No where to be seen.

Is dempster watching these days

HH81
06-10-2019, 04:34 AM
The last three games most would have had them down as three losses. Hasn't worked out that way, infact there has been zero.

Given the current league position then three wins are needed, nothing less.

California-Hibs
06-10-2019, 05:23 AM
We'll win all 3.

Yorkshire HFC
06-10-2019, 05:37 AM
We'll win all 3.

That's more like it.

The internet certainly gives a platform for every view. I can only assume that the people demanding 9 points weren't there for the Ormond, Auld, Stanton Blakley, Miller etc. years.

Ambition is great, but this is Hibs, not Barcelona.

neil7908
06-10-2019, 06:24 AM
Another manager with a bit more in the bank and you'd be saying 6-7 points is a good haul.

With this guy though? We need 3 wins.

He's already been given 3 more than games than he should have and we couldn't win any of them. If after playing everyone in the league we're sitting well in the bottom half of the table then the board not acting would be a very serious issue.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2019, 06:31 AM
We will just do enough for some folk to think there is some hope.

neil7908
06-10-2019, 06:33 AM
That's more like it.

The internet certainly gives a platform for every view. I can only assume that the people demanding 9 points weren't there for the Ormond, Auld, Stanton Blakley, Miller etc. years.

Ambition is great, but this is Hibs, not Barcelona.

And we're not playing Real Madrid, Seville and Atletico Madrid.

We're playing Hamilton, Ross County and Livi. 2 of which are at home. Right now the manager is fighting for his job. To convince me and many other fans he's the right guy his so called turnaround can't just be going from terrible to just below average, he needs to start winnings games against teams we have much larger budgets than.

We've had the excuses in the last 4 games about it being a derby, playing against Killie, Aberdeen etc who are the better teams in the league. But he'll be flat out of excuses and chances if we can't take 9 points against 3 very beatable teams.

Now a if a new manager was in charge I'd feel a bit different and understand that he'd still be getting his team to gel. Heck has had plenty of time for that. No more chances for him. Its put up or shut up for me.

Yorkshire HFC
06-10-2019, 08:14 AM
Short term thinking benefits no one, and no new manager is guaranteed to be any better. He seems to have a new way of working - why not give it a chance to work rather than getting rid of him and taking a punt on someone else?

BoomtownHibees
06-10-2019, 08:17 AM
Short term thinking benefits no one, and no new manager is guaranteed to be any better. He seems to have a new way of working - why not give it a chance to work rather than getting rid of him and taking a punt on someone else?

How long do you suggest we give him? In my opinion, he has had long enough and isn’t doing well enough to remain in the job

Yorkshire HFC
06-10-2019, 08:35 AM
How long do you suggest we give him? In my opinion, he has had long enough and isn’t doing well enough to remain in the job

The length of his contract. Trust the process on which we appointed him - presumably he was the best candidate 6 months ago - I can’t see how that would have changed.

Or pay him off now, pay compensation to a new manager, fund a new managers staff and players and probably still be in the same position.

WhileTheChief..
06-10-2019, 08:36 AM
Why’s it always the next 3 games?

Give him till the Hearts game, give him till the semi final etc etc.

Before you know it, it will be give him till the split, I think there’s a manager in there, he just needs time....

He should have been binned ages ago.

Sir David Gray
06-10-2019, 08:38 AM

Before you know it, it will be give him till the split, I think there’s a manager in there, he just needs time....

He should have gone after the Motherwell game.

BoomtownHibees
06-10-2019, 08:40 AM
The length of his contract. Trust the process on which we appointed him - presumably he was the best candidate 6 months ago - I can’t see how that would have changed.

Or pay him off now, pay compensation to a new manager, fund a new managers staff and players and probably still be in the same position.

So we just stick with him for the next 3 years regardless of how we perform? He wasn’t the best candidate, he was 2nd choice

Jim44
06-10-2019, 08:51 AM
We'll win all 3.

Must be the heat. :greengrin We should win all three but.......... :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2019, 09:09 AM
Now would be the perfect time to get someone in with the international break imminent, sadly, I think Leanne would have us playing championship football next season before putting her hands up she hired the wrong man.

Why do you think that? Based on absolutely nothing.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-10-2019, 09:13 AM
Hamilton (A)
Ross County (H)
Livingston (H)

Do folks really think that such ultimatums are put to managers?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-10-2019, 09:14 AM

Just because it’s written on a forum doesn’t mean it’s how clubs work.

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2019, 09:53 AM
Next 3 games I fear he wins 2 of them and still our season is over regardless. Lost any faith in him what so ever. Would never wish a hibs loss but what does this guy need to do or not do to get punted.

Hibs way: attacking football.

No where to be seen.

Is dempster watching these days

Our season isn't over even if he loses all 3, We are still in both cups.

Captain Trips
06-10-2019, 10:10 AM
The fact we are at this point in discussion on the message board says it all no matter what side of the PH debate you are on.

If you think he needs time he shouldn't be in a position where that is discussed if good enough. The last 7 or 8 games are the issue not the next 3.

Leith Green
06-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Be 3 games of dull uninspiring football , the loss of soft goals and we will struggle to break teams down. 4 points at most is my guess .. The manager needs replaced its clear as day

Diclonius
06-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Do folks really think that such ultimatums are put to managers?

They are on Football Manager. :grr:

Keith_M
06-10-2019, 01:38 PM
Ross County and Livi are both currently better than Hibs.

Livi just beat Celtc 2-0

WhileTheChief..
06-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Just because it’s written on a forum doesn’t mean it’s how clubs work.

Eh? I’m asking why folk on here always talk about the next 3 games.

Lose next week and the same people will say the next 3 and so on!

No idea what you mean about the club?

SickBoy32
06-10-2019, 02:40 PM
Ross County and Livi are both currently better than Hibs.

Livi just beat Celtc 2-0

I think the Livi result today puts our fortunate draw last week into some context.

Get him gone before he does any more damage!

GreenCastle
06-10-2019, 02:50 PM

Celtic yes.

Aberdeen no - weakest Aberdeen team for years -1 nil up and against 10 men - we self destructed and gave up 2 points. Just facts.

I really hope we win next 3 as we have no excuses if we don’t.

The chances of winning all 3 will be challenging as can’t remember when we won 2 in a row let alone 3.

But I agree with others - fans are happy to accept another transition few months and mid table finish if we are lucky when we really should be aiming higher than last season.

Crab apple
06-10-2019, 05:00 PM
He should have gone after the Motherwell game.

He should have been emptied after Ipox but I think he’ll be here until Xmas by which time we’ll have cemented our position in the bottom six. Although there’s been signs of improvement in recent weeks we don’t win games, our forwards don’t score goals, our defence leaks goals and he chose to start the season with no defensive midfielders in the squad.

Cataplana
06-10-2019, 07:13 PM
Hamilton (A)
Ross County (H)
Livingston (H)

I see a scenario where Marvin Bartley returns to Easter Road, and sinks the man who let him go.

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Max we can get is 7 points now...

Standards have dropped and as a result average performances allowed - club has become soft again.

Bad times.

GreenCastle
26-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Max is 5 points now..out of 9

Awful.

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2019, 10:39 PM
Livingston won't be easy. They are a decent wee side.