PDA

View Full Version : Stats don't lie.

Hibernian32
05-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Not won a game of football inside 90mins since we scraped past ST Mirren first game of the season.

Last week doesn't save him get rid.

Joe6-2
05-10-2019, 04:00 PM
Before it’s too f****** late!

hibee-boys
05-10-2019, 04:01 PM
FFS, if he was getting sacked it was after the derby. Through to a cup semi, points against Celtic and away to Aberdeen are hardly a sackable run of games since, get a grip!

Ozyhibby
05-10-2019, 04:03 PM
FFS, if he was getting sacked it was after the derby. Through to a cup semi, points against Celtic and away to Aberdeen are hardly a sackable run of games since, get a grip!

You could argue that 6 points out of 8 games is worse that 4 out of 6 ?
Either way, it’s garbage form and it doesn’t look to be changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
05-10-2019, 04:03 PM

Hes won 1 league game all season and we havent won a match in 90 minutes for 2 and a half months. Saddened to see some supporters standards slip so low that they find that acceptable. He needs to go.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2019, 04:04 PM
He'll be going nowhere until at least the semi final's been played.

One Day Soon
05-10-2019, 04:05 PM
There's something deeply weird about this. In almost any other circumstance we'd be delighted to have got to a cup semi-final and taken draws from Celtic at home and Aberdeen away all in consecutive games.

Yet it feels 5hit.

Michael
05-10-2019, 04:06 PM
There's something deeply weird about this. In almost any other circumstance we'd be delighted to have got to a cup semi-final and taken draws from Celtic at home and Aberdeen away all in consecutive games.

Yet it feels 5hit.

Delighted is a bit strong.

One Day Soon
05-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Delighted is a bit strong.

Very pleased? Certainly not bad at any rate.

A Hi-Bee
05-10-2019, 04:08 PM
Hes won 1 league game all season and we havent won a match in 90 minutes for 2 and a half months. Saddened to see some supporters standards slip so low that they find that acceptable. He needs to go.

He needs to go. soon.

Allan45
05-10-2019, 04:08 PM
I thought we would lose the cup game against Killie, ship 4 goals against Celtic, and lose to Aberdeen. I was wrong, should have won today. Win against county please.

wookie70
05-10-2019, 04:10 PM
The lack of wins is a bit concerning but there is some positive momentum being built. Those last three results are decent and it sounds like we were unlucky not to win today. A couple of wins and we will be in a reasonable position to kick on. No need to panic yet

we are hibs
05-10-2019, 04:13 PM
Weve drawn 3 games. Thats not a corner being turned. We were **** against killie and won on penalties. Slightly better against celtic but rode our luck with the numerous chances they missed and today we couldnt beat 10 men.

BoomtownHibees
05-10-2019, 04:15 PM
The lack of wins is a bit concerning but there is some positive momentum being built. Those last three results are decent and it sounds like we were unlucky not to win today. A couple of wins and we will be in a reasonable position to kick on. No need to panic yet

Being pegged back when 1-0 up against 10 men is not building positive momentum

B.H.F.C
05-10-2019, 04:17 PM

Nothing to suggest we’ll get a couple of wins. Simply, we don’t win games.

We’re going nowhere. Not aimed at you, but I find it incomprehensible that people don’t see it. It’ll be fine next week. And if we don’t win then, it’ll be the next week. And so on....

Sir David Gray
05-10-2019, 04:18 PM
We've dropped 9 points from winning positions so far this season.

After 8 games, that's disgraceful.

B.H.F.C
05-10-2019, 04:18 PM
Being pegged back when 1-0 up against 10 men is not building positive momentum

After throwing away a lead in a derby to a team that never win.

Weegreenman
05-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Same points ax Hearts ffs!

That tells you how bad we are.

Beefster
05-10-2019, 05:26 PM

Yet it feels 5hit.

I suspect it’s because we all know the football is, more or less, dull, the head coach is dull, there’s no goodwill in the tank because of that, we’ve won once in thirteen league games (I think) and we all know that, as long as he’s in charge, it’s not going to change.

Leith Green
05-10-2019, 05:38 PM

Positive momentum 😂

kaimendhibs
05-10-2019, 06:34 PM
FFS, if he was getting sacked it was after the derby. Through to a cup semi, points against Celtic and away to Aberdeen are hardly a sackable run of games since, get a grip!He has lost most of the support. The football is utter gash and awful to watch. Empty stands beckon

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Peevemor
05-10-2019, 07:11 PM
He has lost most of the support. The football is utter gash and awful to watch. Empty stands beckon

Sent from my VTR-L09 using TapatalkI honestly didn't find that awful to watch today.

We made more chances today (albeit against 10 men) than we have in our previous 2-3 games put together.

Obviously there are still things we can do better, but there's been a gradual impr in each of our last 3 matches.

penihibs
05-10-2019, 08:03 PM
I honestly didn't find that awful to watch today.

We made more chances today (albeit against 10 men) than we have in our previous 2-3 games put together.

Obviously there are still things we can do better, but there's been a gradual impr in each of our last 3 matches.

Where you up here? Should have gubbed them worst Aberdeen team in years but his mmanagement caused us yet again.

Onion
05-10-2019, 08:07 PM

Yet it feels 5hit.

That's because we're not fools (mugs, maybe). We know we're watching eye-bleeding, bottom 6 rubbish.

PH has focused on not losing games, to save his skin, since the Hearts capitulation but at the expanse of goals and attacking football. Most of his signing are duds, and all will be found out again when he's forced to come out and play a little bit of football to actually try go win a game.

Peevemor
05-10-2019, 08:08 PM
I watched the match on Hibs TV.

We weren't awful to watch today.

I've seen Hibs play far worse at Pittodrie under more popular managers.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 08:14 PM

Do we forget the run of ***** before them because mate they all merge into one.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 08:15 PM

We blew a one nil lead against a ten man **** Aberdeen side leaving us third bottom in the league after a round of favourable fixtures.

GreenCastle
05-10-2019, 08:22 PM

I keep hearing we played well.

We played well majority of games in the Championship and didn’t get promoted.

We played well in Derbies over the years and come away with nothing.

Maybe we did but end result is we got 1 point against the worst Aberdeen team in years who had 10 men and we couldn’t even take the chances we created for once.

Points is what we need and while I can see why people are still positive it’s very frustrating as Aberdeen and Hearts are crap and we are still behind both and couldn’t beat either of them.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 08:24 PM
I keep hearing we played well.

Maybe we did but end result is we got 1 point against the worst Aberdeen team in years who had 10 men and we couldn’t even take the chances we created for once.

Points is what we need and while I can see why people are still positive it’s very frustrating as Aberdeen and Hearts are crap and we are still behind both.

It probably means we played well in comparison to every single other game this season as an attacking threat/force. In the end we got the same result as against Stirling Albion, who are still the worst team in Scotland

Peevemor
05-10-2019, 08:24 PM
We blew a one nil lead against a ten man **** Aberdeen side leaving us third bottom in the league after a round of favourable fixtures.A **** Aberdeen side who are still 4th in the league.

Anyway, that's nothing to do with the point I was making. We're right to expect better and like everyone else I hope it happens, but I don't think Hibs were awful to watch today. Even before they were reduced to 10 men Hibs played some decent stuff in spells.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 08:26 PM
A **** Aberdeen side who are still 4th in the league.

Anyway, that's nothing to do with the point I was making. We're right to expect better and like everyone else I hope it happens, but I don't think Hibs were awful to watch today. Even before they were reduced to 10 men Hibs played some decent stuff in spells.

No bother. Not being wide at all but your point would probably be better used in a different thread than stats this season mate. 👍

gazzag70
05-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Our style of football is abysmal to watch regardless of what the stats say.He has to GO! NOW! Before we are relegation fodder again.

GreenCastle
05-10-2019, 08:28 PM
A **** Aberdeen side who are still 4th in the league.

Aberdeen are having a bad season.

Out Europe and the League Cup (after leading 1-0 and 2-1).

Aberdeen are 4th and really should be 3rd with the £ they have used.

We are 10th and 10 points ( 3 wins and a draw) behind Motherwell.

That’s not acceptable.

Peevemor
05-10-2019, 08:32 PM
No bother. Not being wide at all but your point would probably be better used in a different thread than stats this season mate. [emoji106]Fair enough, I just replied to the post without even looking at the thread title.

the tornadoe
05-10-2019, 08:40 PM

Agreed... but those games were against a much better Aberdeen team

Peevemor
05-10-2019, 08:44 PM
Agreed... but those games were against a much better Aberdeen teamNot always. Aberdeen have had some pretty ropey teams over the years.

GreenCastle
05-10-2019, 08:46 PM
Not always. Aberdeen have had some pretty ropey teams over the years.

Today was the worst Aberdeen team for years.

x2 18 year olds started.

Missed opportunity today like the Derby to get fans back on side and points on the board.

hibeerealist
05-10-2019, 08:49 PM
I suspect it’s because we all know the football is, more or less, dull, the head coach is dull, there’s no goodwill in the tank because of that, we’ve won once in thirteen league games (I think) and we all know that, as long as he’s in charge, it’s not going to change.

Sadly Beefster that is spot on and I cannot believe they (who run our club) don’t see this, it borders on negligence, it can’t all be put down to “bad luck” ffs.

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2019, 07:55 AM
Sadly Beefster that is spot on and I cannot believe they (who run our club) don’t see this, it borders on negligence, it can’t all be put down to “bad luck” ffs.

Rotten run. Already 10 points behind Motherwell. Not acceptable

danhibees1875
06-10-2019, 08:16 AM
There was a marked improvement against Celtic, and it sounds like it again against Aberdeen.

I've no reason to believe that stepping up that level won't ensure a good return of points in our remaining fixtures - Hamilton, Ross county, Livi - to close out the opening round of games pre semi final.

green day
06-10-2019, 08:22 AM
There was a marked improvement against Celtic, and it sounds like it again against Aberdeen.

I've no reason to believe that stepping up that level won't ensure a good return of points in our remaining fixtures - Hamilton, Ross county, Livi - to close out the opening round of games pre semi final.

So if we took the 9 points from those three matches, to add to our 6 points from the first 8 games we would have 15 points from the first round of matches.

Let that sink in for a moment before we start talking about having turned corners.

n.b. just for clarity, I dont believe we will take full points from these three matches, my prediction is 2 points, 4 max.

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2019, 08:29 AM

We haven't turned a corner in my opinion. We are not firing on all cylinders, and look like we can always lose a goal.

As Green day says if we win the next 3, 15 points from 11 games is woeful

Cataplana
06-10-2019, 08:41 AM
Just a general observation on the unrest at Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen. Is this in part, at least, anything to do with SEVCO being quite good this season?

I note both Hibs and the Sheep have been gubbed by them. The sort of thing that hasn't happened in many years.

makaveli1875
06-10-2019, 08:43 AM
Just a general observation on the unrest at Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen. Is this in part, at least, anything to do with SEVCO being quite good this season?

I note both Hibs and the Sheep have been gubbed by them. The sort of thing that hasn't happened in many years.

For us i think its more along the lines of 8 games played ,1 win and 17 goals conceded

danhibees1875
06-10-2019, 08:44 AM
We haven't turned a corner in my opinion. We are not firing on all cylinders, and look like we can always lose a goal.

As Green day says if we win the next 3, 15 points from 11 games is woeful

I've not said that we have "turned a corner" - mostly because I'm not entirely sure what that means for us. I'm saying it looks and sounds like we've made an improvement on where we were and that has resulted in 2 draws in games we'd consider draws a good result.

A round of fixtures is a good place to take stock - and before we see out that round of fixtures we have 3 of the perceived "easier" games. I'm not saying we will get 9 points, that's a tall order in itself, and I agree that even still 15 isn't the best return and I'd certainly be looking for an improvement again into the second round of games. 15 points would probably have us in the top 6 though and with some positivity going to Hampden.

Cataplana
06-10-2019, 08:51 AM
For us i think its more along the lines of 8 games played ,1 win and 17 goals conceded

Don't get me wrong, yesterday is a prime example of what is wrong with us. There doesn't seem to be any doubt we should have won the game.

I just think, with all the unrest around us, there can't be any harm in hanging on a few games before pulling the trigger.

We are still bad, but slightly less bad.

green day
06-10-2019, 08:55 AM
I've not said that we have "turned a corner" - mostly because I'm not entirely sure what that means for us. I'm saying it looks and sounds like we've made an improvement on where we were and that has resulted in 2 draws in games we'd consider draws a good result.

A round of fixtures is a good place to take stock - and before we see out that round of fixtures we have 3 of the perceived "easier" games. I'm not saying we will get 9 points, that's a tall order in itself, and I agree that even still 15 isn't the best return and I'd certainly be looking for an improvement again into the second round of games. 15 points would probably have us in the top 6 though and with some positivity going to Hampden.

Last year it would have seen us 8th after the first round of fixtures.

I always look at goals scored and conceded as a decent barometer - to use a crap analogy, if we were a sinking ship then we have stemmed the flow in the last 3 matches, but the cracks are still there and its only a matter of time before we start sinking again.

If it were me, I would have Fraser Murray in for all these 3 matches as we need a guy willing to fight for the jersey.

In my opinion, Heckinbotham couldnt spot a player if Messi was begging for a match in his office.

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2019, 08:57 AM

I know Dan, I was just thinking aloud.....

the tornadoe
06-10-2019, 09:30 AM
Not always. Aberdeen have had some pretty ropey teams over the years.

Pretty sure Aberdeen have been fairly high up the league table at the end of the last half dozen seasons or so

emerald green
06-10-2019, 09:33 AM
Hibs stats/results since the league split last season are very poor. Possibly relegation form?

Things really became crystal clear how badly the team has declined when Hibs managed to lose at home, yet again surrendering the lead in the match, to a truly garbage Hearts side riddled with injuries and who haven't won a league match at PBS for 6 months.

We hardly ever manage to keep a clean sheet (even against 10 men) and our goal difference is the worst in the league. As far as "strikers" are concerned, I'll just point to the performance of Doidge yesterday. If Heckingbottom thinks he's the best we've got at the club then Hibs are in big trouble.

The Board need to act now, appoint someone who knows this league, can organise and motivate the players, and make us harder to beat. And keep us up until the damage can be repaired, although that may prove difficult if fewer season tickets get sold next season.

danhibees1875
06-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Last year it would have seen us 8th after the first round of fixtures.

I always look at goals scored and conceded as a decent barometer - to use a crap analogy, if we were a sinking ship then we have stemmed the flow in the last 3 matches, but the cracks are still there and its only a matter of time before we start sinking again.

If it were me, I would have Fraser Murray in for all these 3 matches as we need a guy willing to fight for the jersey.

In my opinion, Heckinbotham couldnt spot a player if Messi was begging for a match in his office.

I'm looking at this year's table. It's a bit more congested and I think we'd be in the top 6 (obviously depends on other teams results - but 3 wins should see us above hearts, Hamilton, Livi, and Ross county).

I think we'd benefit from going with 2 upfront and playing Fraser Murray. Murray came in, looked promising, and disappeared - no idea why. I think PH will stick with the current set up for now though, but there should be a place for Murray in that.

I know Dan, I was just thinking aloud.....

:aok: Just wanted to be clear as it's a term being used by some/PH and I'm not particularly clear what it means and if we're there (I don't think we are).

makaveli1875
06-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Pretty sure Aberdeen have been fairly high up the league table at the end of the last half dozen seasons or so

They were ***** for years before Mcinnes took over and lucky not to be relegated the year they finished bottom

mcfly
06-10-2019, 09:49 AM
End of the day. He’s wasted our transfer budget.

The football is dull and boring

If he is still here next season I’d imagine 3-5k season tickets less will be sold.

The AGM will be interesting to hear what the board are thinking/doing

Peevemor
06-10-2019, 10:16 AM
They were ***** for years before Mcinnes took over and lucky not to be relegated the year they finished bottomExactly, and we still struggled to take any points at Pittodrie.

bingo70
06-10-2019, 10:18 AM
End of the day. He’s wasted our transfer budget.

The football is dull and boring

If he is still here next season I’d imagine 3-5k season tickets less will be sold.

The AGM will be interesting to hear what the board are thinking/doing

The longer it goes on the more it looks like avoiding relegation is the extent of our ambition.

I know they’ll say the ambition is European football but looks to me that’s more of a wish than a genuine target.

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 10:39 AM
Posted this on the other thread but I think it fits here!

We were leaking goals like nothing else, he has focussed on that and we’ve conceded 2 against killie, Celtic and Aberdeen. So that you would hope is sorted.

We were lightweight in midfield, we’ve definitely been more aggressive in the middle and competed with these teams since the Hearts game. The high press has been more evident.

We weren’t creating any chances was the complaint with Celtic and Killie games, we should’ve hammered Aberdeen yesterday if Doidge and Kamberi had finished their chances.

Seen a lot of posts citing no progress but we’ve definitely improved, hopefully the next step is burying these chances.

bingo70
06-10-2019, 10:42 AM
Posted this on the other thread but I think it fits here!

We were leaking goals like nothing else, he has focussed on that and we’ve conceded 2 against killie, Celtic and Aberdeen. So that you would hope is sorted.

We were lightweight in midfield, we’ve definitely been more aggressive in the middle and competed with these teams since the Hearts game. The high press has been more evident.

We weren’t creating any chances was the complaint with Celtic and Killie games, we should’ve hammered Aberdeen yesterday if Doidge and Kamberi had finished their chances.

Seen a lot of posts citing no progress but we’ve definitely improved, hopefully the next step is burying these chances.

Can we ask Hamilton to start with 10 men in the next game so we can create some chances on the counter attack against them too? Better score a couple of them though as we’re not so good at the clean sheets either.

If they could also play with a couple of 18 year olds as well that’d be even better.

The fact some people are seeing yesterday as progress is concerning imo.

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Can we ask Hamilton to start with 10 men in the next game so we can create some chances on the counter attack against them too? Better score a couple of them though as we’re not so good at the clean sheets either.

If they could also play with a couple of 18 year olds as well that’d be even better.

The fact some people are seeing yesterday as progress is concerning imo.

A place we haven’t won in 7 years, we certainly should have had 3 points. I find the fact that some don’t see the last three games as progress concerning.

emerald green
06-10-2019, 10:47 AM
A place we haven’t won in 7 years, we certainly should have had 3 points. I find the fact that some don’t see the last three games as progress concerning.

There it is again - "should have". But didn't.

bingo70
06-10-2019, 10:52 AM

I don’t think you can just batch them together.

Kilmarnock game- great to get a clean sheet and win on pens but to not manage a shot on goal in 90 minutes against Kilmarnock? Nah, that’s not for me.

Celtic game really took me by surprise and we did well, played some good football at times too. Let’s no get carried away though, st Mirren drew with them last season before finishing 11th.

Drawing with an Aberdeen side with 10 men for half an hour when we’re one nil up and playing with two 18 year olds isn’t progress imo.

Steve88
06-10-2019, 11:15 AM
8 games played with 6 points. If we continue collecting 6 points every 8 games that gives us a season end total of 28.

Dundee were relegated last season with 21 points and St Mirren dragged into the playoff with 32 points

Last season we had 54 points.

Stats.Dont.Lie

Joe6-2
06-10-2019, 11:16 AM
Very worrying

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 11:23 AM
I don’t think you can just batch them together.

Kilmarnock game- great to get a clean sheet and win on pens but to not manage a shot on goal in 90 minutes against Kilmarnock? Nah, that’s not for me.

Celtic game really took me by surprise and we did well, played some good football at times too. Let’s no get carried away though, st Mirren drew with them last season before finishing 11th.

Drawing with an Aberdeen side with 10 men for half an hour when we’re one nil up and playing with two 18 year olds isn’t progress imo.

The last three games are being marred by what preceded them.

Away to killie, would you have taken a draw and a win on pens? Yes

Home to Celtic, would you have taken a point? Yes

Away to Aberdeen, would you have taken a point? Yes

I’m pretty sure, as I did, that the majority thought at this point we would be out the cup and had two chasings from Celtic and Aberdeen.

That’s three solid results, Hecky has talked about us being too pretty so he has got rid of that and instilled a bit of fight and dig that has got us there.

The interesting bit will be to see how we play against the upcoming teams. I’m certainly not saying we are amazing but it feels like the tide is turning a bit.

Steve88
06-10-2019, 11:30 AM

I’m pretty sure, as I did, that the majority thought at this point we would be out the cup and had two chasings from Celtic and Aberdeen.

That’s three solid results, Hecky has talked about us being too pretty so he has got rid of that and instilled a bit of fight and dig that has got us there.

The interesting bit will be to see how we play against the upcoming teams. I’m certainly not saying we are amazing but it feels like the tide is turning a bit.

Another example of a Hbs fan accepting mediocre performances. No wonder this club is a mid table club over the years

Our goals at the start of the season were top 4 (EUROPA) and good cup runs.

Factor that into our performances and standards over the last few years and you're saying we should bite our hand off with a draw against killie and aberdeen??

If we want to be top 4 and getting into EUROPA we NEED to be beating these teams. Our standards, what we expect of Hibs, MUST be raised

Finally, we used to see games against the old firm as a chance not only to get a point, but often 3 points. We now go into these games hoping to avoid getting pumped. The entire psychology of Hibs and how we approach these games has changed since PH came in

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Another example of a Hbs fan accepting mediocre performances. No wonder this club is a mid table club over the years

Factor that into our performances and standards over the last few years and you're saying we should bite our hand off with a draw against killie and aberdeen??

If we want to be top 4 and getting into EUROPA we NEED to be beating these teams. Our standards, what we expect of Hibs, MUST be raised

Finally, we used to see games against the old firm as a chance not only to get a point, but often 3 points. We now go into these games hoping to avoid getting pumped. The entire psychology of Hibs and how we approach these games has changed since PH came in

Yeah it’s my fault we are struggling [emoji23]

“It feels like the tide is turning a bit” is accepting mediocrity? I highlighted the complaints we had, conceding goals, no dig in midfield, not creating chances and gradually these are being eradicated. I certainly never said this is the level I expect of Hibs but that I can see improvements.

As for the “bite your hand off” stuff, what a load of nonsense. Whatever planet you are on those are three decent results.

I also think the old firm are further ahead this season than they have been in previous years but that’s a whole other conversation about money.

wookie70
06-10-2019, 11:40 AM

We are not a quarter into the season, we are in a semi final and we did get a point against Celtc. Both Killie and Aberdeen finished above us last year and some of our results there under Lennon were atrocious. It hasn't been the start we all wanted but it can change very quickly and the signs are that a team is forming. It might not work out but the constant negativity on here is unreal(not aimed at you) and certainly can't be helping.

It will be tough but there is still no reason why we can't meet our goals this season. From what I remember we sat back against Killie under Lennon so not sure your point about psychology is true certainly in terms of the team Heck inherited. It was definitely true for the team that Lennon inherited and he improved that before his own signings filled teh team and it fell to bits. If you watch Heck's after match interviews post Celtc and Aberdeen he doesn't look too happy about not getting all three points.

Steve88
06-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Yeah it’s my fault we are struggling [emoji23]

“It feels like the tide is turning a bit” is accepting mediocrity? I highlighted the complaints we had, conceding goals, no dig in midfield, not creating chances and gradually these are being eradicated. I certainly never said this is the level I expect of Hibs but that I can see improvements.

As for the “bite your hand off” stuff, what a load of nonsense. Whatever planet you are on those are three decent results.

I also think the old firm are further ahead this season than they have been in previous years but that’s a whole other conversation about money.

Killie should have put us to bed long before the penalties, we were awful.

We couldn't even beat 10 men at the weekend

I don't think the tide could go any further to the downside

Steve88
06-10-2019, 11:54 AM
We are not a quarter into the season, we are in a semi final and we did get a point against Celtc. Both Killie and Aberdeen finished above us last year and some of our results there under Lennon were atrocious. It hasn't been the start we all wanted but it can change very quickly and the signs are that a team is forming. It might not work out but the constant negativity on here is unreal(not aimed at you) and certainly can't be helping.

It will be tough but there is still no reason why we can't meet our goals this season. From what I remember we sat back against Killie under Lennon so not sure your point about psychology is true certainly in terms of the team Heck inherited. It was definitely true for the team that Lennon inherited and he improved that before his own signings filled teh team and it fell to bits. If you watch Heck's after match interviews post Celtc and Aberdeen he doesn't look too happy about not getting all three points.

I think, infarct I'm almost positive, the negatively on here is because we genuinely felt like we were making consistent steps to becoming a consistent top 4 club. Factor in the decade prior to that, there is a real fear that we will go back to that

My frustration is with fans who seem blinded by the stats I've posted above and clinging on to every shred of evidence to make themselves feel like everything will be ok

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Killie should have put us to bed long before the penalties, we were awful.

We couldn't even beat 10 men at the weekend

I don't think the tide could go any further to the downside

Your logic here is flawed.

Killie get the credits for outplaying us even though we won on pens. No credit for Hibs being resolute.

Aberdeen get the plaudits however we outplayed them and missed a load of chances and should have put them to bed long before the equaliser.

Can’t have it both ways.

mcfly
06-10-2019, 12:17 PM

3 solid results?

Cmon the team is awful to watch. Compared to what we had 2 yrs ago it’s terrible

Even season ticket holders aren’t going.

He’s a boring negative manager and is the wrong choice fir hibs manager.

As I said before crowds will drop dramatically under this guy.

Must be removed in my view,

Steve88
06-10-2019, 12:20 PM
3 solid results?

Cmon the team is awful to watch. Compared to what we had 2 yrs ago it’s terrible

As above

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 12:22 PM
3 solid results?

We were getting beat when we were too pretty, I’ve highlighted earlier how he has addressed the complaints we have had. We were leaking goals, not fighting, not creating chances and gradually these are being sorted. I would expect the next part will be against the weaker teams and try and play some decent football.

Borderhibbie76
06-10-2019, 12:30 PM
3 solid results?

Must be removed in my view,Spot on 100% and I an one of those ST holders that just cannot be bothered going these days...and there are many of us. Apathy has well and truly settled in

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mcfly
06-10-2019, 12:43 PM
We were getting beat when we were too pretty, I’ve highlighted earlier how he has addressed the complaints we have had. We were leaking goals, not fighting, not creating chances and gradually these are being sorted. I would expect the next part will be against the weaker teams and try and play some decent football.

Too pretty - honestly what are you on about?

We’ve never played good football under this manager.

We ended last season awful, he’s brought in his own players who haven’t improved the team.

Doidge? Cmon what’s it gonna take for him to find the net? How many chances does he need?

He’s not scoring? Why is shaw not been given his chance?

6 points from 8 games is relegation form so these easier teams you say will look at hibs exactly the same way.

We need change to reinvigorate our season with a new manager otherwise it’s a long slog with dropping crowds.

wookie70
06-10-2019, 12:53 PM
I think, infarct I'm almost positive, the negatively on here is because we genuinely felt like we were making consistent steps to becoming a consistent top 4 club. Factor in the decade prior to that, there is a real fear that we will go back to that

My frustration is with fans who seem blinded by the stats I've posted above and clinging on to every shred of evidence to make themselves feel like everything will be ok

I am well aware of the stats and while they are important, there is far more involved in predicting what is going to happen. For me the workrate and attitude of the players in the last few games has been good. That change is not something that happens if the manager has issues in the dressing room. The performances are improving and the results over the last three games have been more than acceptable, not brilliant but I would say for the vast majority of my 40 plus years that a win away from home against a team that finished above us last term to get us in a semi, a draw to an all conquering Celtc team at home and a draw, where we were by far the better team, at Pittordrie would be seen as a positive in nearly all those years. Yes, it comes on the back of a very poor start in the league and a derby defeat but you have to look forward as well as back.

I'm not clinging on to anything I just think Heck will start to get better results and the last few weeks has made me think it will happen soon. When it looked like the team spirit was rock bottom I was worried but that appears to have passed and the players are starting to find some form. I just hope the fans are as quick to back the manager and his signings as they were to completely write them off. Lots on here are spouting so much nonsense that it is hard to believe they support the club. Posts hoping we lose so Heck gets the boot etc(not saying you) are horrendous patter.

Football is a strange game and in all those years I have watched Hibs sacking managers has very rarely been the answer. Now it is even more difficult to succeed simply by sacking someone who is on a poor run of form due to the contracts of the manager and his players. It costs so much to make the change and can easily lead to a downward spiral. I'm willing to give Heck some time and I get the feeling so are those that makes the decisions. If that is the case then it is far better we offer our support rather than crucify him for every part of every game.

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Too pretty - honestly what are you on about?

We’ve never played good football under this manager.

We ended last season awful, he’s brought in his own players who haven’t improved the team.

Doidge? Cmon what’s it gonna take for him to find the net? How many chances does he need?

He’s not scoring? Why is shaw not been given his chance?

6 points from 8 games is relegation form so these easier teams you say will look at hibs exactly the same way.

We need change to reinvigorate our season with a new manager otherwise it’s a long slog with dropping crowds.

Quoting Hecky, he stated we were too pretty, whether I agree or not it is clear to see he has changed the way the team is playing and the recent games has got us results where we wouldn't have got them previously.

I agree about Doidge to an extent, he should've scored at the weekend but the positive is that he was getting into these spots and causing a nuisance of himself. He looks short of confidence in front of goal, hopefully once he gets one it will see him relax and score a few. I thought he was good against Celtic but poor at the weekend.

I suppose where I am is I can see that we are getting better, he knows the players and I'm not sure another new manager would get any more out of them. I want to see if we improve against the poorer teams and if not I'm happy for us to ship him out but I think while the players are still clearly working for him we should be supporting rather than dragging them down.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Quoting Hecky, he stated we were too pretty, whether I agree or not it is clear to see he has changed the way the team is playing and the recent games has got us results where we wouldn't have got them previously.

I agree about Doidge to an extent, he should've scored at the weekend but the positive is that he was getting into these spots and causing a nuisance of himself. He looks short of confidence in front of goal, hopefully once he gets one it will see him relax and score a few. I thought he was good against Celtic but poor at the weekend.

I suppose where I am is I can see that we are getting better, he knows the players and I'm not sure another new manager would get any more out of them. I want to see if we improve against the poorer teams and if not I'm happy for us to ship him out but I think while the players are still clearly working for him we should be supporting rather than dragging them down.

I hardly take any notice these days in what managers say, but is that a genuine quote from him?

If it is, i only have one question, when were we too pretty under his tenure?

The 90+2
06-10-2019, 01:01 PM
I hardly take any notice these days in what managers say, but is that a genuine quote from him?

Yes he said it against Motherwell and Killie.

The correct answer is - never have been, every game has had its own individual struggle.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Yes he said it against Motherwell and Killie.

:tee hee: I knew he was a slaver, but FFS that is stretching the imagination beyond anything i've heard before from a manager. :rolleyes:

FitbaFolkKen
06-10-2019, 01:10 PM

Like I said, whether I agree or not is a different matter but we do seem to have gone from playing it short in triangles in front of the other team to being a lot more direct. Neither looked particularly pretty to my eyes.

Fife-Hibee
06-10-2019, 02:51 PM
When is the last time we got a win and really looked like we deserved it as well?

We were fortunate against Killie. Utterly mince for 120 minutes and got through on the penalties.

St Mirren wasn't anymore impressive, just a late match snatch. Which I would be fine with if we were only playing poorly occasionally.

We got a draw against Celtic. But let's be honest, they could easily have had 2-3 penalties despite how poor they were.

But worst of all is when we're playing well, should comfortably be winning and somehow, we find a way to fail.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2019, 03:16 PM
You'd think it was completely different circumstances for some here, who couldnt wait to get the last manager out the door, even though he'd actually achieved something with Hibs. As they said last season, the stats dont lie.

Hibernian32
19-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Stats continue to not be liars

Phil MaGlass
19-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Only St.Johnstone has more goals against ffs

matty_f
19-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Stats continue to not be liars

Unfortunately for us and Hecky, the stats don't even begin to tell the story of how bad we are.

Hibernian32
19-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Unfortunately for us and Hecky, the stats don't even begin to tell the story of how bad we are.

It's scandelous, I hope for an announcement soon but expect he will still be here come Monday morning.

Ozyhibby
19-10-2019, 04:21 PM

Been obvious since pre season league cup games. We have the wrong man in the job and the longer it goes on, the worse it gets.

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Been obvious since pre season league cup games. We have the wrong man in the job and the longer it goes on, the worse it gets.

He has to go before its to late.

Hi Heid Yin
19-10-2019, 04:30 PM

:agree: I concur.

HendoDelivered
19-10-2019, 04:31 PM
Warning signs were there in pre season. The guy is absolutely out of his depth and his signings are woeful. Categorically underestimated the standard of Scottish football IMO and now paying the price. None of them get Hibs and know what it means to play for a club of our stature with high expectations.

CLASS OF 72 -73
19-10-2019, 04:46 PM

You obviously not seeing the wood from the trees. Wake up!

cardrosshibbe
19-10-2019, 04:51 PM
750+ minutes of football and we still havent won a game inside that, stats dont lie, HECKINGBOTTOM GTF

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2019, 04:55 PM
750+ minutes of football and we still havent won a game inside that, stats dont lie, HECKINGBOTTOM GTF

I yearn for those giddy heights when we beat Stirling albion and Morton.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2019, 05:00 PM
We've dropped 9 points from winning positions so far this season.

After 8 games, that's disgraceful.

Make that 11 points now after today.

11 points dropped from winning positions after just 9 games. Let that sink in for a second.

Not good enough.

emerald green
19-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Hibs have now squandered 11 points from winning positions this season. More than any other team in the top flight.

Hibs have second worst GD in the league (-10). St J (bottom of league, who we failed to beat at ER, on -15).

My_Wife_Camille
19-10-2019, 05:05 PM
The warning signs were there as far back as last season when we were huffing and puffing our way through a decent unbeaten run.

It was clear to see that the results weren’t reflective of the performances and it was only a matter of time before they evened out.