PDA

View Full Version : Repeatedly conceding late and giving up leads

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 03:54 PM
This is getting chronic and needs to be sorted now.

MacGruber
05-10-2019, 03:55 PM
It's so very inevitable.

Heisenberg
05-10-2019, 03:57 PM
We are mentally weak. Signed a boat load of players who had just suffered relegation and boys who can’t hack it playing for a big club. Get Hecky to ****.

Joe6-2
05-10-2019, 03:57 PM
We are mentally weak. Signed a boat load of players who had just suffered relegation and boys who can’t hack it playing for a big club. Get Hecky to ****.

He really has to go

One Day Soon
05-10-2019, 03:59 PM
One of the things I was told weeks back by someone at the club was that we had signed a bunch of players with strengths and weaknesses but that the biggest issue wasn't their abilities, it was their character. A lack of steel or mental toughness was how it was expressed to me. I think we are seeing that in spades.

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 04:01 PM
One of the things I was told weeks back by someone at the club was that we had signed a bunch of players with strengths and weaknesses but that the biggest issue wasn't their abilities, it was their character. A lack of steel or mental toughness was how it was expressed to me. I think we are seeing that in spades.

Yup, looks like it to me.

I've said it before but it honestly feels like these are all players that believed the crap about Scottish football being a pub league and thought they'd piss it up here. Now they've found out it's quite the opposite they don't know how to deal with it.

Every player south of the border signing for a Scottish club should be made to watch a video of Joey Barton's performance against Celtic.

Alfred E Newman
05-10-2019, 04:07 PM

It's been said a hundred times, we don't have a leader on the park. Heckingbottom has assembled the most spineless squad we've had in years.

gazzag70
05-10-2019, 04:11 PM
We are 0-1 up away from home and Heckingbottoms reluctance to attack costs us again. He is fast becoming the the most boring,frustrating, tactically inept manager in our history!

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 04:12 PM
We are 0-1 up away from home and Heckingbottoms reluctance to attack costs us again. He is fast becoming the the most boring,frustrating, tactically inept manager in our history!

Not only that but he makes an attacking substitution (Newell for Hallberg), then continues to defend. I don't get it.

DH1875
05-10-2019, 04:12 PM
If the strikers had done their job today it wouldn't have mattered if they scored late on. We should have had the game won well before they scored.

PaulSmith
05-10-2019, 04:19 PM
“Levels of fitness not seen before”

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Lack of leaders.

Blaster
05-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Not only that but he makes an attacking substitution (Newell for Hallberg), then continues to defend. I don't get it.

Exactly. By making that sub he has to move other players around. Surely Whitaker in a straight swap would be best

Sir David Gray
05-10-2019, 04:21 PM
Just posted this on another thread but it's maybe relevant to this one, we've dropped 9 points from winning positions already this season which is just garbage after 8 games.

we are hibs
05-10-2019, 04:24 PM
A weak mentality is a huge part of this. Wonder where the players get that from

jeffers
05-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Just posted this on another thread but it's maybe relevant to this one, we've dropped 9 points from winning positions already this season which is just garbage after 8 games.

By all accounts should have won today, but your point is valid. Other teams seem to make changes to positively effect games e.g. Hearts recently, Aberdeen today, we don't.

Fifehibby74
05-10-2019, 04:28 PM
St Johnstone / hearts / Aberdeen. 5 points dropped. Could have been on 11 points and sitting 6th. Got to see the game out when you have the chance but we are shooting ourselves in the foot. Does your head in. Only positive I can take is that last 3 games we are unbeaten against teams that will be in the top 6 - next 3 league games will decide what happens to the manager

bringbackbenny
05-10-2019, 04:29 PM
By all accounts should have won today, but your point is valid. Other teams seem to make changes to positively effect games e.g. Hearts recently, Aberdeen today, we don't.

And that is how a competent manager earns his salary.

judas
05-10-2019, 04:29 PM
A weak mentality is a huge part of this. Wonder where the players get that from

Yep it’s a real nightmare when you play a team that’s above you, away from home and at ground you have a shocking record at AND THEN dominate the game outplay the opposition. And fail to win by a cricket score simply because your striker fluffs his chances.

Get a grip mate.

Hibs are turning stop pushing against it eh.

HibeeHibernian4
05-10-2019, 04:31 PM
This is Hibs. It's what we've done for decades. Not since the days of Last Minute Reilly have we been the side who snatches victory at the death.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2019, 04:31 PM
St Johnstone / hearts / Aberdeen. 5 points dropped. Could have been on 11 points and sitting 6th. Got to see the game out when you have the chance but we are shooting ourselves in the foot. Does your head in. Only positive I can take is that last 3 games we are unbeaten against teams that will be in the top 6 - next 3 league games will decide what happens to the manager

That's 7 points dropped. 2 points instead of 9.

we are hibs
05-10-2019, 04:33 PM
Yep it’s a real nightmare when you play a team that’s above you, away from home and at ground you have a shocking record at AND THEN dominate the game outplay the opposition. And fail to win by a cricket score simply because your striker fluffs his chances.

Get a grip mate.

Really hoping youre at the wind up.

Edit: evidently you arent so lets take a look at your bull**** statement.

Firstly, against a team above us in the league? Well considering theres only 2 below us and 9 above us thats hardly a feat. Secondly, we still have a shocking record there. Mainly because the loser in the dugout shat his breeks again and we defended a 1 goal lead against 10 men. And lastly, we havent won a league game since the begninning of august so your turning arguement is the biggest load of dross. Dont judge us all by your low demands of the club.

calumhibee1
05-10-2019, 04:36 PM

Get a grip mate.

I didn’t see the game, so I can’t comment too much. People had us nailed on to lose the last three games yet we’ve progressed in the cup and had two credible draws, last weeks especially being a very good result.

Folk said that if the performances were there then that would help change their opinion. By all accounts we should have been out of sight today and while it may not seem like it because of the manner we didn’t win, we also got a pretty decent result. We deservedly drew with Celtic, something which nobody else in Scotland has managed this season.

If today had ended 0-0 I doubt there would be the same reaction. The late goal has people losing their ****.

bingo70
05-10-2019, 04:37 PM

Loses the next 2 games and wins the third he keeps his job?

He’s no getting sacked any time soon, there’s apparently some bigger picture that us mere impatient football fans can’t understand.

On the face of it, seconds away from beating St Johnstone, a derby that could have gone either way and a draw against Aberdeen are three fixtures he could be forgiven for dropping points, there’s context to be applied to all of them though, St Johnstone we were terrible and it would have been daylight robbery had we got the 3 points, Hearts are the worst they’ve been in years and should have been beaten comfortably and Aberdeen only had 10 men for half an hour. Over a short period of time these excuses will paper over the cracks, over a longer period of time we’ll be found out for what we are, a terrible football team.

IMO there’s similarities between this Hibs team and the Dundee United team that got relegated a few years back.

MacGruber
05-10-2019, 04:48 PM
The late goals are inevitable, especially when the fragile confidence sees us dropping deep to defend what we have and Hallberg comes off. Both teams down to 10 men when Newell comes on. Go Whittaker for defensive mid, experience to see game out or go 2 up and push them back. Done neither.

I'm raging at watching it. Individual errors killing us. Hallberg takes his chance in the derby, Doidge today. Stupid freekick to give away from Mallan.

It's a funny one. People now say we are weak and soft. Since the derby we have went over 300 mins of football, 2 away games - 1 on plastic, 1 at a ground we haven't won in 7 years and a game against the 100% champs. I predicted out the cup and beat 3 times (hammered by Celtic).
We have conceded 1 goal in those 3 games. Come through unbeaten. In the semi final and what on paper is 2 great points.

Yet I'm still pissed off. Part of that must be the instant reaction to the disappointment of conceding late today.

If Cosgrove heads wide and we hang on 1 nil everyone would have been happy. Poor defending good header and everyone raging, no middle ground.

Only football, only Hibs. I don't know what to think now. Still want Hecky out but I woule have given him the remit of a draw today and we got one, albeit disappointing in the end.

Don't know what I'm even typing anymore... confused.. Hecky Out I guess.

bingo70
05-10-2019, 04:59 PM
The late goals are inevitable, especially when the fragile confidence sees us dropping deep to defend what we have and Hallberg comes off. Both teams down to 10 men when Newell comes on. Go Whittaker for defensive mid, experience to see game out or go 2 up and push them back. Done neither.

I'm raging at watching it. Individual errors killing us. Hallberg takes his chance in the derby, Doidge today. Stupid freekick to give away from Mallan.

It's a funny one. People now say we are weak and soft. Since the derby we have went over 300 mins of football, 2 away games - 1 on plastic, 1 at a ground we haven't won in 7 years and a game against the 100% champs. I predicted out the cup and beat 3 times (hammered by Celtic).
We have conceded 1 goal in those 3 games. Come through unbeaten. In the semi final and what on paper is 2 great points.

Yet I'm still pissed off. Part of that must be the instant reaction to the disappointment of conceding late today.

If Cosgrove heads wide and we hang on 1 nil everyone would have been happy. Poor defending good header and everyone raging, no middle ground.

Only football, only Hibs. I don't know what to think now. Still want Hecky out but I woule have given him the remit of a draw today and we got one, albeit disappointing in the end.

Don't know what I'm even typing anymore... confused.. Hecky Out I guess.

Aye, you seem to cover all bases there 😉

I know there’s arguments why we can say he’s been unlucky but I remember watching Hibs beat teams 2,3 and 4 nil, that’s what I want to see, not talk about why we keep being unlucky not to hold on to narrow wins or draws.

We are a crap team, really boring and we’re a million miles away from what I want Hibs to play like.

Heckingbottom isn’t a good fit for our club, he might do a job for a deal team in England that just wants to avoid relegation but he’s not the right guy for us......imo of course.

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Leads lost this season:
Stirling - lost at 70 mins, lasted 26 mins
Morton - lost at 45 mins from two goals ahead, lasted 25 mins (lasted 13 mins from two goals ahead)
Morton - lost at 90+1 mins, lasted 36 mins
St Johnstone - lost at 68 mins, lasted 43 mins
St Johnstone - lost at 90+4 mins, lasted 25 mins
Hearts - lost at 70 mins, lasted 23 mins
Celtic - lost at 24 mins, lasted 16 mins
Aberdeen - lost at 86 mins, lasted 36 mins

Leads retained this season:
Alloa
Arbroath
Elgin
St Mirren
Morton

Equalising from losing positions this season:
None

Sir David Gray
05-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Leads lost this season:
Morton - lost at 45 mins from two goals ahead, lasted 25 mins (lasted 13 mins from two goals ahead)

Alloa
Arbroath
Elgin
St Mirren
Morton

None

We haven't come back from a losing position since winning at Tynecastle in April.

JimBHibees
05-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Got to be said Ryan never covered himself in glory with the equaliser seemed like no challenge at all. No idea what he was thinking of.

JimBHibees
05-10-2019, 06:50 PM
This is Hibs. It's what we've done for decades. Not since the days of Last Minute Reilly have we been the side who snatches victory at the death.

Really :rolleyes:

Frankhfc
05-10-2019, 06:56 PM
I predicted a score draw before the game and would have been pretty happy coming out of Pittodrie with a point but to concede a late goal against ten men is criminal and particularly frustrating. Still its a point gained and at least Hearts got beat so its not all bad.

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2019, 07:05 PM
Lack of leaders.

HibeeHibernian4
05-10-2019, 07:10 PM

Um yes...really...

Have you not been paying attention?

hibeerealist
05-10-2019, 09:04 PM
Really hoping youre at the wind up.

Edit: evidently you arent so lets take a look at your bull**** statement.

Firstly, against a team above us in the league? Well considering theres only 2 below us and 9 above us thats hardly a feat. Secondly, we still have a shocking record there. Mainly because the loser in the dugout shat his breeks again and we defended a 1 goal lead against 10 men. And lastly, we havent won a league game since the begninning of august so your turning arguement is the biggest load of dross. Dont judge us all by your low demands of the club.

Lol hear hear

GreenCastle
05-10-2019, 09:14 PM
Leads lost this season:

Alloa
Arbroath
Elgin
St Mirren
Morton

None

Thanks for this.

Mental toughness and lack of leadership is evident.

I miss Gray and McGregor.

Sir David Gray
06-10-2019, 10:36 AM

In addition to this stat, I thought it would be worthwhile comparing a couple of our stats against the rest of the league;

Points dropped from winning positions;

Hibs - 9
Livingston - 8
Motherwell - 6
Hearts - 5
Kilmarnock - 3
Aberdeen - 2
Ross County - 2
St Johnstone - 2
Celtic - 0
Rangers - 0
Hamilton - 0
St Mirren - 0

Points gained from losing positions;

Celtic - 7
Aberdeen - 4
Ross County - 4
Hamilton - 4
St Johnstone - 4
Rangers - 3
Hearts - 3
Motherwell - 0
Kilmarnock - 0
Livingston - 0
Hibs - 0
St Mirren - 0

Combined table - Score from table B (positive number) added to score from table A (negative number);

Celtic -- +7
Hamilton -- +4
Rangers -- +3
Aberdeen -- +2
Ross County -- +2
St Johnstone -- +2
St Mirren -- 0
Hearts -- -2
Kilmarnock -- 3
Motherwell -- -6
Livingston -- -8
Hibs -- -9

Obviously the stats above don't tell the whole picture but it's quite telling that we are bottom of this table as a team that can't defend leads and also can't come back from going behind.

I'd say it's quite worrying.

familyman
06-10-2019, 11:06 AM
So often same old story
Hearts match was bad enough ,this seems to be a mentality thing ,we need a captan to set the example...remember Pat Stanton!
Our lack of physical strength from Mallan and others seems to ensure we cannot drive forward like when Dylan was around .
The January window means some one has some thinking to do and difficult player decisions to contemplate.

Diclonius
06-10-2019, 11:10 AM
So often same old story
Hearts match was bad enough ,this seems to be a mentality thing ,we need a captan to set the example...remember Pat Stanton!
Our lack of physical strength from Mallan and others seems to ensure we cannot drive forward like when Dylan was around .
The January window means some one has some thinking to do and difficult player decisions to contemplate.

Problem is, Pat Stanton would probably be a £40+ million player in today's market.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2019, 06:51 PM
In addition to this stat, I thought it would be worthwhile comparing a couple of our stats against the rest of the league;

Hibs - 11
Livingston - 8
Motherwell - 6
Hearts - 5
Kilmarnock - 3
Aberdeen - 2
Ross County - 2
St Johnstone - 2
Celtic - 0
Rangers - 0
Hamilton - 0
St Mirren - 0

Celtic - 7
Hamilton - 5
Aberdeen - 4
Ross County - 4
St Johnstone - 4
Rangers - 3
Hearts - 3
Motherwell - 0
Kilmarnock - 0
Livingston - 0
Hibs - 0
St Mirren - 0

Combined table - Score from table B (positive number) added to score from table A (negative number);

Celtic -- +7
Hamilton -- +5
Rangers -- +3
Aberdeen -- +2
Ross County -- +2
St Johnstone -- +2
St Mirren -- 0
Hearts -- -2
Kilmarnock -- -3
Motherwell -- -6
Livingston -- -8
Hibs -- -11

Obviously the stats above don't tell the whole picture but it's quite telling that we are bottom of this table as a team that can't defend leads and also can't come back from going behind.

Updated table after today's games with another two points dropped from a winning position.

11 points dropped from a winning position after 9 games is pathetic.

Keith_M
19-10-2019, 06:55 PM
I didn’t see the game, so I can’t comment too much. .

So maybe it's best if you just don't, then.

hibeerealist
19-10-2019, 06:56 PM

Get a grip mate.

Aye, turning our ****ing stomaches!!

Snowflakes with little fight in them, this lot will not do the biz under a manager like PH, get rid.

Sir David Gray
26-10-2019, 07:54 PM

Hibs - 13
Livingston - 8
Hearts - 7
Motherwell - 6
Hamilton - 3
Kilmarnock - 3
Aberdeen - 2
Ross County - 2
St Johnstone - 2
Celtic - 0
Rangers - 0
St Mirren - 0

Celtic - 7
St Johnstone - 7
Hamilton - 5
Ross County - 5
Aberdeen - 4
Rangers - 4
Hearts - 3
Motherwell - 0
Kilmarnock - 0
Livingston - 0
Hibs - 0
St Mirren - 0

Celtic -- +7
St Johnstone -- +5
Rangers -- +4
Ross County -- +3
Aberdeen -- +2
Hamilton -- +2
St Mirren -- 0
Kilmarnock -- -3
Hearts -- -4
Motherwell -- -6
Livingston -- -8
Hibs -- -13

Updated tables after today's latest capitulation.

13 points dropped from a winning position after just 10 games really doesn't make for good reading. :rolleyes:

EI255
26-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Must be great being an away fan at ER. Even if your two down with little time left you just know that you'll probably get something. Heckingbottom Softies.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk