PDA

View Full Version : List of HSL members

Baldy Foghorn
04-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Got email today showing all members as of 2nd Oct, confirming list for names on strip.

I thought a raft of players and managers had signed up, however only Lewis Stevenson is listed. Was surprised at that. What's the deal there?

southern hibby
04-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Obviously not paid enough in or stopped contributions.

GGTTH

Since90+2
04-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Got email today showing all members as of 2nd Oct, confirming list for names on strip.

I thought a raft of players and managers had signed up, however only Lewis Stevenson is listed. Was surprised at that. What's the deal there?

I'm surprised that they are allowed to do that to be honest and not sure it's not against GDPR. I'm on the list and not bothered but still surprised all the same.

brog
04-10-2019, 08:35 PM

Their database is not the best. I wasn't on it as I made a lump sum donation but now im on it twice. I suspect majority of players will have made a one off donation or even just lent their name to it. Good to see King Pat there though.

Clarence
04-10-2019, 09:11 PM
I'm surprised that they are allowed to do that to be honest and not sure it's not against GDPR. I'm on the list and not bothered but still surprised all the same.

I thought the same about GDPR. I’m quite happy to have my name on the list but some folk might not be.

O'Rourke3
04-10-2019, 09:22 PM
I work in information security and was a bit surprised. However having found myself on the list (twice) or not. Practically everyone is unidentifyable because names on their own are far from unique. Given there a few Hibs legends in there and many have gone public, its not as bad as it it looks. Its not like they put it on facebook.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Clarence
04-10-2019, 09:27 PM
I work in information security and was a bit surprised. However having found myself on the list (twice) or not. Practically everyone is unidentifyable because names on their own are far from unique. Given there a few Hibs legends in there and many have gone public, its not as bad as it it looks. Its not like they put it on facebook.

Nothing to stop it ending up there though.

O'Rourke3
04-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Nothing to stop it ending up there though.True but if it does its an HSL member. The impact could be a fine by the ICO on People trying to help the club. Way to get moee volunterrs. Not defending the action. But to punish seems self defeating.

Stantons Angel
04-10-2019, 09:43 PM

/

Im sure that sharing those membership names is against the new rulings

GreenArmyyy!
04-10-2019, 09:45 PM
I thought the deadline for these donations were being extended?

Gloucester Hibs
04-10-2019, 09:51 PM
I thought the deadline for these donations were being extended?

It’s still 20th October

ian cruise
05-10-2019, 01:02 AM

If the names are going to be on the strip it can't be against data protection, they will be out there next season. Assume anyone not wanting identified will have informed HSL

HH81
05-10-2019, 04:23 AM
I got email and forgot to check it but this thread reminded me.

Glad to see my name is correct.

Since90+2
05-10-2019, 04:31 AM
If the names are going to be on the strip it can't be against data protection, they will be out there next season. Assume anyone not wanting identified will have informed HSL

I'm not even sure that printing the names on the strip ,without the express permission of all members to allow this , would be allowed under GDPR.

Permission now needs to be sought and essentially you need to opt in to allow use of personal details to be used, of which full name is one , when previously you had to opt out if you didn't want to be included in such things. Therefore it's not sufficient to say folk could simply ask not to be involved , it's now the law (or my understanding of it) that people must expressively opt in rather than permission being assumed.

I know Hearts done this a few years ago but that would have been before the new rules came into play last year.

I'm not having a go at HSL, it doesn't bother me, but I do hope they have got all their ducks in a row as such. GDPR is an absolute minefield.

hibee316
05-10-2019, 05:42 AM
Oooft.
This isn't good...

MSK
05-10-2019, 05:58 AM
My name is on it and I couldn't really give a flying **** who sees it or who knows I contribute to HSL, its contributions to a football club not the ****ing secret service 😆

Clarence
05-10-2019, 06:34 AM
I'm not even sure that printing the names on the strip ,without the express permission of all members to allow this , would be allowed under GDPR.

Permission now needs to be sought and essentially you need to opt in to allow use of personal details to be used, of which full name is one , when previously you had to opt out if you didn't want to be included in such things. Therefore it's not sufficient to say folk could simply ask not to be involved , it's now the law (or my understanding of it) that people must expressively opt in rather than permission being assumed.

I know Hearts done this a few years ago but that would have been before the new rules came into play last year.

I'm not having a go at HSL, it doesn't bother me, but I do hope they have got all their ducks in a row as such. GDPR is an absolute minefield.

It must be really hard for them because we want every penny raised to go to the club, it’s not like they can hire one of the big 4 to provide co-source. Do members who have professional skills currently help out with the administration at all?

bigwheel
05-10-2019, 06:41 AM
Surprised as some of the critical tone from some on this one - think it is a really helpful thing these guys are doing ....

Sending out a list to give everyone a chance to make sure they are on it ..refining it at least twice before the strip gets made ..

Done with the intent purely of making sure those who should be on it , are

Well done HSL - difficult thing to get right - so appreciate the effort

Ray_
05-10-2019, 06:46 AM
Surprised as some of the critical tone from some on this one - think it is a really helpful thing these guys are doing ....

Sending out a list to give everyone a chance to make sure they are on it ..refining it at least twice before the strip gets made ..

:thumbsup:

JimBHibees
05-10-2019, 06:50 AM

Totally agree.

Since452
05-10-2019, 06:51 AM
Where's Neil Lennons name? Turncoat Celtic prick

Ardenttwo
05-10-2019, 06:55 AM
My name is on it and I couldn't really give a flying **** who sees it or who knows I contribute to HSL, its contributions to a football club not the ****ing secret service 😆

Totally agree. Geezo it’s like the KGB on here.

Since90+2
05-10-2019, 06:55 AM

Can you point to a single post where someone has been critical of HSL?

Merely pointing out that sending out such a list potentially might clash with new rules around GDPR. Hopefully they've taken appropriate advice before sending the email and they've nothing to worry about :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
05-10-2019, 07:08 AM
Can you point to a single post where someone has been critical of HSL?

Merely pointing out that sending out such a list potentially might clash with new rules around GDPR. Hopefully they've taken appropriate advice before sending the email and they've nothing to worry about :aok:

I questioned why all the players and manager who signed up are not on list? Did they not pay? Was it false advertising by saying so and so has signed up, now join and do your bit?

lucky
05-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Players and ex managers could have donated but never asked for their certificates so not registered as members.
As for GDPR, I don’t think it’s a breech as from the personal details released you cant identify an individual. It’s just a list of names. Also it would need a member to complain and proved they’ve suffered a determent because of this list being in the public domain

Baldy Foghorn
05-10-2019, 07:14 AM
Players and ex managers could have donated but never asked for their certificates so not registered as members.
As for GDPR, I don’t think it’s a breech as from the personal details released you cant identify an individual. It’s just a list of names. Also it would need a member to complain and proved they’ve suffered a determent because of this list being in the public domain

Agree about GDPR. Its names only not email addresses or any other public information

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2019, 07:22 AM
Agree about GDPR. Its names only not email addresses or any other public information

My kids school made a big fuss about the leavers hoodies that can be made - they said due to GDPR that names can’t be printed without permission.

Maybe when signing up for HSL there’s a box to opt-in? Although I think GDPR came along after HSL?

Baldy Foghorn
05-10-2019, 07:25 AM
Must be different DH as names are going on strips. Sure you could opt out, if you didn't want naned

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2019, 07:33 AM
Must be different DH as names are going on strips. Sure you could opt out, if you didn't want naned

I’m sure you can and I hope they’ve got it right. The school said it had to be opt-in only though.

bod
05-10-2019, 07:41 AM
IMO no one should be naming anyone on the list

green day
05-10-2019, 08:18 AM
As I understand it, the publishing of a name alone is not a breach of GDPR because without another identifier (DoB, NI Number, Bank Details etc) you cant be identified.

Look forward to seeing mine on the strip :thumbsup:

Just Alf
05-10-2019, 09:31 AM
Im guessing that some of the missing names might be from folk that replied to HSL asking for their name to be removed when months ago they emailed telling us that they'd be publishing the list so we can all check our names are on it prior to it being passed on to the manufacturer.

I'm also guessing that all those names we can see are those that were happy for their name to be on the strip (.i.e made public?)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 11:09 AM
As I understand it, the publishing of a name alone is not a breach of GDPR because without another identifier (DoB, NI Number, Bank Details etc) you cant be identified.

Look forward to seeing mine on the strip :thumbsup:

Yes it is. No name is allowed to be viewed on a public database without full consent (which I’m thinking there has been with this when agreeing to have name on strip)

Purple & Green
05-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Given the close links between HSL by and club, I’d be really surprised if the clubs lawyers hadn’t ok’ed the publication.

I must admit I’m surprised because my understanding was that your name in itself is subject to GDPR, but I also think (and I might be wrong on this) that the member list should be in the public domain in much the same way as a shareholder list.

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Interesting that only one player’s on the list though. Who all said they had joined - Allan, Lennon, Gray, McGinn?

Bostonhibby
05-10-2019, 11:20 AM
GDPR*or DPA 2018 personal data*breach

A personal data*breach*is a*breach*of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data. If you experience a personal databreach*you need to consider whether this poses a risk to people.

In light of the above I don't see that just having my name out there would create a breach so I'm happy.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Beefster
05-10-2019, 11:42 AM

You’re wrong about GDPR. A name is personally identifiable information.

BT58
05-10-2019, 11:45 AM
I noticed a few friends who have got duplicates, need to find out if they know this or its other people with exact same spelling. Im just surprised its not surname first. I have no problems with my name been shown, but was surprised that guys i know who said they were in are not now, perhaps have since left when Ron bought us over
B

green day
05-10-2019, 12:07 PM
You’re wrong about GDPR. A name is personally identifiable information.

I am not an expert nor looking for an argument, but interested in how a persons name alone can be "personally identifiable" in this context?

There is someone on the list with the same name as my cousin - who lives in London and has no interest in football, never mind Hibs.

matty_f
05-10-2019, 12:09 PM
I am not an expert nor looking for an argument, but interested in how a persons name alone can be "personally identifiable" in this context?

There is someone on the list with the same name as my cousin - who lives in London and has no interest in football, never mind Hibs.
It is classed as such, even though I agree with you.

green day
05-10-2019, 12:19 PM
It is classed as such, even though I agree with you.

Ta, so the very act of releasing it - even though it seems difficult to identify a specific person - is deemed a breach.

Sounds about right for these sort of regulations !!

OfficialHSL
05-10-2019, 12:30 PM

Can we please put everyone’s mind at rest. Like any other Company our list of Members is a matter of public information.
We did however also take the precaution of taking legal advice from Solicitors with particular expertise in GDPR.

Thank you to everyone who is responding with feedback. The vast majority of amendments we are making relates to inaccurate input by Members at the outset. For this reason it will take us a number of days to update the list and respond to emails. Please be patient. We will ensure by 20th October that the list is accurate.

Hibernian Supporters

Beefster
05-10-2019, 12:31 PM

That might be the case for 99% of names but some names are completely unique, even if only by spelling. Presumably that’s why names are classified like that under GDPR.

Bear in mind that taking this situation as an example, if Gretchen Blueballs is an HSL member, it’s unlikely to be the Gretchen from that tiny village in Austria and far more likely to be the Gretchen from Danderhall.

Anyway, HSL are confident that they’re on safe ground so it’s not an issue. My beef was with a poster stating an incorrect opinion.

green day
05-10-2019, 12:43 PM
.. the Gretchen from Danderhall..

You having Oktoberfest barmaid fantasies? :greengrin

Dom'sFirstTouch
05-10-2019, 12:51 PM
To provide a bit of clarity around the data protection questions being raised.

There's 2 key issues:
1) Is your name in this context personal data (and therefore covered by data protection legislation)
2) If yes to 1), is the processing of personal data compliant with data protection legislation

1) By the letter of the law yes. Personal data is information which relates to an identified or identifiable individual. A name relates to an individual and is a unique, or very close to unique, identifier. It's clearly very low risk personal data though and there's virtually no risk of harm and/or distress being caused by your name and the fact that you're an HSL member being disclosed to other members(I think it might be public info anyway?).
2) For the processing of personal data to be lawful, it must comply with the data protection principles. The key one here is the 'lawful, fairness and transparency' principle. To be lawful a 'data controller' must have a valid lawful basis for the processing of any personal data. Contrary to a common misconception, this does not need to be consent of the individual(s) (one of the biggest GDPR myths). There's six options: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task and legitimate interest. For me it's in the legitimate interests of HSL to ensure the success of their intitiative, which potentially contributes significantly to their overall objective as an organisation. It's also in the legitimate interests of members to make sure their name, and an accurate version of it, is included on the strip. To me that outweighs any risks to individuals in the sharing of a list of members to members. I don't think there's any issues around transparency here either - HSL have been pretty open to members about this initiative for a while.

I could go into more detail here ( believe me, you don't want me to :greengrin) but in my opinion there's no issues here from a data protection perspective.

I'd encourage anyone with any issues to read the privacy notice on HSL's website which outlines more generally how they use personal data.

Andy74
05-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Can we please put everyone’s mind at rest. Like any other Company our list of Members is a matter of public information.
We did however also take the precaution of taking legal advice from Solicitors with particular expertise in GDPR.

Thank you to everyone who is responding with feedback. The vast majority of amendments we are making relates to inaccurate input by Members at the outset. For this reason it will take us a number of days to update the list and respond to emails. Please be patient. We will ensure by 20th October that the list is accurate.

Hibernian Supporters

You’re a private company limited by guarantee with no share capital.

I don’t see why the member scheme that you operate would be in any way a matter of public record.

berwickhibee
05-10-2019, 12:58 PM
Ive paid in since it started. No email for me though😡

Eyrie
05-10-2019, 01:08 PM
My name is on the list.

However I've just googled my name, and I don't appear on the first five pages of results. Gave up checking at that point as it's proved that my name on its own means nothing.

hibby6270
05-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Ive paid in since it started. No email for me though😡

Send an email to HSL - info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk - and point this out to them.
Happened to me originally but was sorted very quickly.

dp00
05-10-2019, 03:10 PM
I wondered about the Hibs players who signed up too ? Any official line on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2019, 03:30 PM
You’re a private company limited by guarantee with no share capital.

I don’t see why the member scheme that you operate would be in any way a matter of public record.

Andy! Welcome back.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-10-2019, 07:26 PM

Hibernian Supporters

Thought I had reached full subscription but don’t see my name. Is this list now final or is there still time to make up any deficit and ensure my name is on there?

Wilson
05-10-2019, 07:37 PM
Gretchen Blueballs?

CapitalGreen
05-10-2019, 08:52 PM
I wondered about the Hibs players who signed up too ? Any official line on it

The list published is only those who are full members, it is not an exhaustive list of everybody who has signed up to HSL.

jacomo
05-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Andy! Welcome back.

Yay!

Chuck Rhoades
06-10-2019, 06:43 AM
Can HSL respond to the question around player / manager names being missing please?

eezyrider
06-10-2019, 06:54 AM
I just did a search to see if I could establish if releasing a name only could possibly breach GDPR and found this quite interesting:

" “‘[P]ersonal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’).”

In other words, any information that is clearly about a particular person. But just how broadly does this apply? The GDPR clarifies:
“[A]n identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”

That’s an awful lot of information. In certain circumstances, someone’s IP address, hair colour, job or political opinions could be considered personal data."

https://www.itgovernance.eu/blog/en/the-gdpr-what-exactly-is-personal-data

EZ

Salisbury Hibby
06-10-2019, 07:08 AM
/

Im sure that sharing those membership names is against the new rulingsI'd like to check whether this is the case. According to the list and putting two and two together, a certain ex-member of Genesis is a Hibee. But probably not.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
06-10-2019, 07:29 AM
I just did a search to see if I could establish if releasing a name only could possibly breach GDPR and found this quite interesting:

" “‘[P]ersonal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’).”

In other words, any information that is clearly about a particular person. But just how broadly does this apply? The GDPR clarifies:
“[A]n identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”

That’s an awful lot of information. In certain circumstances, someone’s IP address, hair colour, job or political opinions could be considered personal data."

https://www.itgovernance.eu/blog/en/the-gdpr-what-exactly-is-personal-data

EZ

Someone else went into more detail earlier but while it's technically personal data that doesn't mean you're not allowed to do anything with it, so long as you have a legitimate reason for doing so.

HSL have a legitimate reason, for the advantage of both them and the members, to have shared that list to their members. It also doesn't adversely affect the rights and freedoms of these individuals which is generally one of the key things to consider when deciding if there has been a data breach.

The new GDPR laws can be a pain, but there's usually more wiggle room than you'd think.

Salisbury Hibby
06-10-2019, 07:35 AM
Someone else went into more detail earlier but while it's technically personal data that doesn't mean you're not allowed to do anything with it, so long as you have a legitimate reason for doing so.

HSL have a legitimate reason, for the advantage of both them and the members, to have shared that list to their members. It also doesn't adversely affect the rights and freedoms of these individuals which is generally one of the key things to consider when deciding if there has been a data breach.

The new GDPR laws can be a pain, but there's usually more wiggle room than you'd think.As they have emailed each member, all they really needed to do was say "This is the name we have on record for you".

There is no need for me to know other members' names.

However, some thought should be given how to cover people whose email addresses may be out of date.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

MSK
06-10-2019, 07:46 AM
As they have emailed each member, all they really needed to do was say "This is the name we have on record for you".

There is no need for me to know other members' names.

However, some thought should be given how to cover people whose email addresses may be out of date.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkThe other names will be visible on the strips though, not only by the contributors but from non contributors too, if folk dont see my name on the email list they and thousands of others will see it on the strip

overdrive
06-10-2019, 08:20 AM

Can you opt out? I asked this when the strip thing was announced and the reply from HSL was that they had no plans to do this.

CapitalGreen
06-10-2019, 08:56 AM
Can HSL respond to the question around player / manager names being missing please?

The list published is only those who are full members, it is not an exhaustive list of everybody who has signed up to HSL.

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2019, 09:00 AM

Are we to believe the players with their higher than most salaries, didn't pay the £225 in a lump sum?

bigwheel
06-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Are we to believe the players with their higher than most salaries, didn't pay the £225 in a lump sum?

Was probably often a PR stint with a (say) 50 quid contribution.....

Was interesting to see how many of my mates are not on the list - clearly has not caught the imagination of many ....

DaveF
06-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Was probably often a PR stint with a (say) 50 quid contribution.....

Was interesting to see how many of my mates are not on the list - clearly has not caught the imagination of many ....

I just looked back at the article when David Gray joined HSL. It says he is a 'member' which I assume means he is fully paid up and has simply asked to be omitted from the strip or it's a bit of a loose word play on words as part of a PR stunt.

I can't say I'm bothered by any of those possible options.

bigwheel
06-10-2019, 10:44 AM
I just looked back at the article when David Gray joined HSL. It says he is a 'member' which I assume means he is fully paid up and has simply asked to be omitted from the strip or it's a bit of a loose word play on words as part of a PR stunt.

I can't say I'm bothered by any of those possible options.

me neither...if they gave a little - and encouraged people to join - then it did its job....

Beefster
06-10-2019, 11:27 AM
The other names will be visible on the strips though, not only by the contributors but from non contributors too, if folk dont see my name on the email list they and thousands of others will see it on the strip

It all depends on consent, I think. Perfectly acceptable to release someone’s details, if explicit consent has been granted in some fashion.

MSK
06-10-2019, 11:46 AM
It all depends on consent, I think. Perfectly acceptable to release someone’s details, if explicit consent has been granted in some fashion.I think though in the context of use, ie a contributors list of names that will be printed on a strip seems fair game, its not email or home addresses or bank details. Ive had a scan through some of the names and two of my bro in laws names are there, they are staunch jambos so that rules them out 😆

What I am surprised at though is the option or the lack of willingness from HSL to give contributors the choice of opting in or out from having your name on the strip, Im sure most contributors would be happy with their name on but no doubt some wont.

DanishJohn
06-10-2019, 02:51 PM
I questioned why all the players and manager who signed up are not on list? Did they not pay? Was it false advertising by saying so and so has signed up, now join and do your bit?

You seem to have a problem with HSL. For instance you are the first person to post on receiving the list.

Whilst others have commented on the communication from HSL and clearly stated what they see as problems with it (answers have also been given to show how the communication is in fact correct)

You pose the question "Was it false advertising by saying so and so has signed up,now join and do your bit?"

You go that bit further and would seem to be questioning the integrity of the directors of HSL with your quote.

A shocker of a quote, one you should be ashamed of.

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2019, 03:02 PM
You seem to have a problem with HSL. For instance you are the first person to post on receiving the list.

Whilst others have commented on the communication from HSL and clearly stated what they see as problems with it (answers have also been given to show how the communication is in fact correct)

You pose the question "Was it false advertising by saying so and so has signed up,now join and do your bit?"

You go that bit further and would seem to be questioning the integrity of the directors of HSL with your quote.

A shocker of a quote, one you should be ashamed of.

Ashamed? Have a word with yourself

Cheshire Hibby
06-10-2019, 03:15 PM

Hibernian Supporters

Official HSL

I am a full member and somewhat disappointed not to be on the list. Email sent as requested. Await your revised list with interest.

Bay Area Hibees
06-10-2019, 03:47 PM
Oooft.
This isn't good...

Not bothered but it’s not compliant.

Not sure they just didn’t send bcc type email whew all recipients details are hidden.

OfficialHSL
06-10-2019, 04:39 PM

Baldy
You will appreciate that we cannot comment on individual cases but we have many regular donators who have not quite reached the £225 minimum level and until they do they are not full Members and therefore their name will not appear on the Strip. We have sent reminders and indeed will do one final reminder but other than that we can do no more.
You know the Directors of HSL personally and we trust that you would know that we would not have declared that anyone, let alone players, had joined if they had not.

Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
06-10-2019, 04:44 PM
I think though in the context of use, ie a contributors list of names that will be printed on a strip seems fair game, its not email or home addresses or bank details. Ive had a scan through some of the names and two of my bro in laws names are there, they are staunch jambos so that rules them out 😆

What I am surprised at though is the option or the lack of willingness from HSL to give contributors the choice of opting in or out from having your name on the strip, Im sure most contributors would be happy with their name on but no doubt some wont.

MSK
We could not imagine that any Hibs supporter would not want to have their name on the strip and therefore had not intended to have an opt out option however it’s easy to do. If you don’t want your name on the strip just email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and we will happily remove your name from the list.

Hibernian Supporters

SunshineOnLeith
06-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Baldy
You will appreciate that we cannot comment on individual cases but we have many regular donators who have not quite reached the £225 minimum level and until they do they are not full Members and therefore their name will not appear on the Strip. We have sent reminders and indeed will do one final reminder but other than that we can do no more.
You know the Directors of HSL personally and we trust that you would know that we would not have declared that anyone, let alone players, had joined if they had not.

Hibernian Supporters

So, basically, only Lewis has paid £225.

jacomo
06-10-2019, 04:50 PM
So, basically, only Lewis has paid £225.

And Scott I think.

DanishJohn
06-10-2019, 05:28 PM

Yes I forgot you don't know the meaning of the word ashamed.

Your the guy that asked Pat Stanton if he goes to away games. Tried to humiliate a legend.

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2019, 06:13 PM

Your the guy that asked Pat Stanton if he goes to away games. Tried to humiliate a legend.

You are trolling me? Tried to humiliate a legend. Away and raffle

MSK
06-10-2019, 06:28 PM

Your the guy that asked Pat Stanton if he goes to away games. Tried to humiliate a legend.You obviously have a personal thing going with BF, any chance you can take it to Pms instead of ****ing this thread up 👍

hibbydad
06-10-2019, 07:22 PM

I think you are being very unfair to Baldy Foghorn

CapitalGreen
06-10-2019, 09:57 PM

It’s up to you what to believe, I personally don’t worry myself about how others spend their money.

IberianHibernian
06-10-2019, 10:25 PM
Officially " Member " is someone who has donated 225 / 235 pounds ( can`t remember exact amount ) but understandably folk who started contributing well after start of campaign will feel they are members without having reached minimum amount to be considered full " members " . Likewise ( ex ) players / managers / coaches etc will have been used to promote campaign often after paying a small lump sum ( or nothing ? ) and have been called " members " in some press reports despite only making one donation . There are also members who don`t make monthly payments but have donated more than total due for regular , monthly payments . Important that all types of contributors are made to feel important and appreciated .

The_Horde
06-10-2019, 10:44 PM
Officially " Member " is someone who has donated 225 / 235 pounds ( can`t remember exact amount ) but understandably folk who started contributing well after start of campaign will feel they are members without having reached minimum amount to be considered full " members " . Likewise ( ex ) players / managers / coaches etc will have been used to promote campaign often after paying a small lump sum ( or nothing ? ) and have been called " members " in some press reports despite only making one donation . There are also members who don`t make monthly payments but have donated more than total due for regular , monthly payments . Important that all types of contributors are made to feel important and appreciated .

I'm on about 1690 donated in total (funnily enough) - does that qualify me?

Daniel 1875
07-10-2019, 08:10 AM
I'm on about 1690 donated in total (funnily enough) - does that qualify me?

No - 1875 Francks which is £225 will earn you full membership and a place on the strip if you get there before 20th October.

jax67
07-10-2019, 08:46 AM

Maybe they have put it in other family or friends names. Just a thought.

Diclonius
07-10-2019, 08:51 AM

We love hyperbole on hibs.net, it's the best thing ever.

To be fair though, when all these press releases came out I took "joined" to mean "they've taken out a DD with us but haven't necessarily paid it all off yet". Don't know how many were in the same line of thinking as me however.

overdrive
07-10-2019, 09:19 AM
Are there perhaps rules which prevent active players/management from either owning shares directly or indirectly (which would be the case with HSL)?

I always thought it was strange Allan signing up when he was only on loan and officially a Celtic player. Creates a potential conflict of interest.

Though if that was the case, I’m not sure why Lewis Stevenson is on there.

scoopyboy
08-10-2019, 07:52 AM
MSK
We could not imagine that any Hibs supporter would not want to have their name on the strip and therefore had not intended to have an opt out option however it’s easy to do. If you don’t want your name on the strip just email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and we will happily remove your name from the list.

Hibernian Supporters

On the subject of emailing the above address I have sent two emails and await replies.

Tried to send a PM to OfficialHSL but the mailbox is full.

Can this be rectified please.

Cheshire Hibby
08-10-2019, 06:22 PM
On the subject of emailing the above address I have sent two emails and await replies.

I have done the same. Nothing back. Got another mailer today saying that I am not a full member.

Well HSL, you need to recheck your records. I am a full member and have been for a considerable time. I have sent you my certificate number and await your replies to posts on here and emails sent.

Simply not good enough.

OfficialHSL
08-10-2019, 07:02 PM
I have done the same. Nothing back. Got another mailer today saying that I am not a full member.

Well HSL, you need to recheck your records. I am a full member and have been for a considerable time. I have sent you my certificate number and await your replies to posts on here and emails sent.

Simply not good enough.
CheshireHibby
we are working diligently through the large number of emails received and will respond to all of them. The majority of issues are user issues and nothing to do with errors in our database. We are not saying that is the issue in your case but can we please just ask for your patience here.

Can we please once again ask supporters not to use the pm facility to try to communicate with us. The site does not have the capacity and we don’t have resources to interrogate the site either. We do however deal with emails. From time to time volume does not allow us to respond instantly.
We can assure everyone that we will give supporters every opportunity to have their name on the strip and indeed to have it displayed correctly - even where supporters have misspelt their own name or email address.

Hibernian Supporters

scoopyboy
08-10-2019, 08:08 PM
CheshireHibby
we are working diligently through the large number of emails received and will respond to all of them. The majority of issues are user issues and nothing to do with errors in our database. We are not saying that is the issue in your case but can we please just ask for your patience here.

Can we please once again ask supporters not to use the pm facility to try to communicate with us. The site does not have the capacity and we don’t have resources to interrogate the site either. We do however deal with emails. From time to time volume does not allow us to respond instantly.
We can assure everyone that we will give supporters every opportunity to have their name on the strip and indeed to have it displayed correctly - even where supporters have misspelt their own name or email address.

Hibernian Supporters

Oh well CheshireHibby at least you got a reply on here, I'm still being blanked. :confused:

OfficialHSL
08-10-2019, 08:24 PM

Scoopyboy
Apologies, we have absolutely no intention of blanking anyone. We are working hard to get through our emails and everyone will get a reply. If we could just ask you to give us a little time.

Hibernian Supporters

Cheshire Hibby
08-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Oh well CheshireHibby at least you got a reply on here, I'm still being blanked. :confused:

Not blanked now I see but how frustrating is it that the forum appears to be the only source of replies. Not confident in getting email reply. So very disappointing.

scoopyboy
09-10-2019, 06:40 AM
Scoopyboy
Apologies, we have absolutely no intention of blanking anyone. We are working hard to get through our emails and everyone will get a reply. If we could just ask you to give us a little time.

Hibernian Supporters

Fair enough, it's not just a personal thing as East Lothian Hibs involved as well. I look forward to the reply by email.

Rocky
09-10-2019, 09:02 AM
I sent mails via the contact us button and the email address at the start of last week and still haven't had a reply. Given that this was before the member list was published (which no doubt caused a large volume of mails) it's a bit concerning. Does this mean that HSL haven't even got to the mails about the member list yet, or has my earlier issue been deprioritised? Hopefully not the latter as I've paid in £225 for my son and we're unable to access his account so I've no way of verifying the contribution has been processed correctly (other than knowing it's left my account).

Cheshire Hibby
09-10-2019, 07:10 PM
I have posted some criticism on here and other threads on HSL. I just want to record that HSL have responded to my emails and have rectified the issues I raised. Thank you Jim.

scoopyboy
10-10-2019, 07:18 AM
I have posted some criticism on here and other threads on HSL. I just want to record that HSL have responded to my emails and have rectified the issues I raised. Thank you Jim.

Good to hear, I'm still waiting though!!!!

flash
10-10-2019, 08:17 AM
My amount needed didn't tally either. I have paid what should be the amount to get me paid up so i better be on that shirt!:greengrin

scoopyboy
11-10-2019, 01:27 PM
I received an email from Jim.

Not resolved but at least in dialogue.

Cheshire Hibby
11-10-2019, 06:08 PM
I received an email from Jim.

Not resolved but at least in dialogue.

Good to hear. Hopefully on the way to a satisfactory conclusion. GGTTH

edinburghhibee
17-10-2019, 06:07 PM
Hi just paid and looking to make sure I get my name on the shirt.

I got an email which says I’m still short of the points and on checking my account it’s in franks? How much would I need to pay to get on the shirt? And is there still time?

Thanks in advance

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Hi just paid and looking to make sure I get my name on the shirt.

I got an email which says I’m still short of the points and on checking my account it’s in franks? How much would I need to pay to get on the shirt? And is there still time?

Thanks in advance

You need to pay £225 which equates to 1875 Franks. It needs to be cleared in their account by Sunday [emoji1360]

NRW_Hibbie
17-10-2019, 07:44 PM
You need to pay £225 which equates to 1875 Franks. It needs to be cleared in their account by Sunday [emoji1360]
Well I tried to top-up the remaining £45 I needed to get to £225 this morning via the ‘donate now instantly’ option on the HSL website. Far from being ‘instant’, I got an email from go cardless telling me that the money would be debited from my account on or shortly after 22 October.

I emailed HSL raising my concerns but am yet to receive a reply.

wallpaperman
17-10-2019, 07:50 PM
The email received tonight with the updated list (i’m now on it having topped up) does say that they are aware there is a delay while funds are cleared, and they will take this into account when compiling the final list, so sure there will be nothing to worry about.

Think my top up took about 5 days to show as cleared.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Well I tried to top-up the remaining £45 I needed to get to £225 this morning via the ‘donate now instantly’ option on the HSL website. Far from being ‘instant’, I got an email from go cardless telling me that the money would be debited from my account on or shortly after 22 October.

I emailed HSL raising my concerns but am yet to receive a reply.

I topped up on the 10th and got a reply saying it would come out of my account on or shortly after the 15th which made me a bit concerned about the 20th cut off but it’s now been taken and my name is on the list sent out today so all good. Hopefully it’s all sorted in time [emoji1360]

NRW_Hibbie
17-10-2019, 07:55 PM
The email received tonight with the updated list (i’m now on it having topped up) does say that they are aware there is a delay while funds are cleared, and they will take this into account when compiling the final list, so sure there will be nothing to worry about.

Think my top up took about 5 days to show as cleared.

Good to know - thanks.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-10-2019, 07:56 PM
I’ll be really pissed off if I miss the cut-off. If HSL had made it clear there would be such a long delay I would have done it days ago...

Sure it will be fine. No nothing about the inner workings of HSL so pure guesswork but would imagine they will have factored in a week or two to get things like this finalised before sending the details away.

NRW_Hibbie
17-10-2019, 07:59 PM
Sure it will be fine. No nothing about the inner workings of HSL so pure guesswork but would imagine they will have factored in a week or two to get things like this finalised before sending the details away.

I’d deleted that message having reflected that I’d probably overreacted! I’m sure you’re right and it will be done fairly.

flash
17-10-2019, 08:27 PM
I topped up just before cut off and my name is on the list so happy with that.

edinburghhibee
17-10-2019, 08:35 PM

Thanks mate I’ll work out what I need now and fire over the funds!

Rocky
17-10-2019, 10:53 PM
Fair play to HSL, it seems they haven't sorted out my son's account yet but they've put his name on the list so I'm pleased with that.

edinburghhibee
21-10-2019, 09:41 PM
Fair play to HSL, it seems they haven't sorted out my son's account yet but they've put his name on the list so I'm pleased with that.

Glad your sons sorted I payed in a one off payment last week. Two emails and a message on their website and nothing back. They haven’t even updated my account. It’s really really poor and they wonder why folk don’t get on board.

Renton1875
17-11-2019, 10:13 AM
Has anyone received a further update on this?

scoopyboy
17-11-2019, 11:29 AM
Has anyone received a further update on this?

nope

Hamish
17-11-2019, 11:48 AM
I have been trying unsuccessfully for 4 months to transfer my shares to HS. HS asked me to contact ER who have told me I can't do it until the powers that be hold a meeting and they can't tell me when that will be.

Renton1875
22-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Any chance of an update HSL? It's a month since the deadline passed and not a peep or response to enquiries made. Cheers.