PDA

View Full Version : When will Heckingbottom be headhunted away from us?

The 90+2
03-10-2019, 06:59 PM
In balance of fairness and positivity can someone please add a poll?

I

H18 SFR
03-10-2019, 07:06 PM
I think he will leave in this manner. A desperate chairman/owner in League One down south will take a chance. His studies etc are ahead of the game, it's the future - whether us punters think so or not.

JimBHibees
04-10-2019, 05:56 AM
I think he will leave in this manner. A desperate chairman/owner in League One down south will take a chance. His studies etc are ahead of the game, it's the future - whether us punters think so or not.

What do you mean by that? And when are they going to come to fruition where it matters on the pitch.

ian cruise
04-10-2019, 12:26 PM
I know there is a tongue in cheek element to the thread (which I have no issues with) but if things do click and we end the season on a high there is every chance he'll be wanted and we'll be bemoaning not managing to keep him from a league one club due to our lack of ambition.

Weeks ago everyone said all the signings were donkeys, now after a bit of settling in it seems opinions are coming round. If it has just been an issue with too many new players taking time to settle (I'm not convinced myself that is the issue) then the turn around could happen.

I'll be very happy to have been proven wrong should that be the case.

To answer the OP, Oct 2020.

Keith_M
04-10-2019, 12:40 PM
Do you mean 'Headhunted' as in somebody puts his head on a stick?

:dunno:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6h_Mgqt4KynwiPAbUeHdlAIYRwsCx5 odCvjcfOlSaCulBrk2d

calumhibee1
04-10-2019, 01:44 PM
I know there is a tongue in cheek element to the thread (which I have no issues with) but if things do click and we end the season on a high there is every chance he'll be wanted and we'll be bemoaning not managing to keep him from a league one club due to our lack of ambition.

Weeks ago everyone said all the signings were donkeys, now after a bit of settling in it seems opinions are coming round. If it has just been an issue with too many new players taking time to settle (I'm not convinced myself that is the issue) then the turn around could happen.

I'll be very happy to have been proven wrong should that be the case.

To answer the OP, Oct 2020.

The last couple of weeks have left me optimistic that Hallberg, James and Doidge can come in and be good players in our starting 11. Throw in Jackson and Maxwell who have looked decent enough and I think there has been a bit of a turn around in that his signings in the summer don’t look as bad as was initially made out. I still think Newell looks rotten and Vela still has a bit to go though. Naismith I’m hoping for more from aswell.

Vini1875
04-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Just can't see this guy working out so the sooner he is head hunted the better and we get some money for him to sign someone better.

angus hibby
04-10-2019, 05:28 PM
He was bookies favourite for a job in England around April time if I remember correctly? And most Hibs fans were up in arms about him possibly leaving us. How times change eh?

FWIW, I like him and really hope he manages to prove a lot of folk wrong.

SunshineOnLeith
04-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Unless he Calderwoods his way into an assistant managers role we're stuck with him until crowds drop enough for the board to sack him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2019, 06:23 PM
He was bookies favourite for a job in England around April time if I remember correctly? And most Hibs fans were up in arms about him possibly leaving us. How times change eh?

FWIW, I like him and really hope he manages to prove a lot of folk wrong.

What is it you like?

angus hibby
04-10-2019, 06:57 PM
What is it you like?

By all accounts, he’s an excellent modern day coach and I think he comes across well in interviews. Yes, results haven’t been as good as we’d hoped this season but with a massive overhaul of the squad in the summer, fans have to be patient for the new players to gel. There’s been signs in the last 2 games that this is starting to happen. Sadly, patience isn’t what fans are known for.

Some of the comments on here and on social media towards him has been shameful, and like I say 7 games ago, Hibs fans were getting upset he was bookies favourite for a job in England.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2019, 07:07 PM
By all accounts, he’s an excellent modern day coach and I think he comes across well in interviews. Yes, results haven’t been as good as we’d hoped this season but with a massive overhaul of the squad in the summer, fans have to be patient for the new players to gel. There’s been signs in the last 2 games that this is starting to happen. Sadly, patience isn’t what fans are known for.

Some of the comments on here and on social media towards him has been shameful, and like I say 7 games ago, Hibs fans were getting upset he was bookies favourite for a job in England.

As long as you're happy I suppose.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2019, 09:13 PM
No idea how anyone can say he talks well, he slavers a load of pish after each game, its as if he's watched a completely different game to the rest of us. And as for this high press he bangs on about, when, where?

Wingate and Finchley might tempt him if they need someone quickly, please.

Nicho87
04-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Depends when McDonald’s do a recruitment drive

DarlingtonHibee
04-10-2019, 10:03 PM
Depends when McDonald’s do a recruitment drive

You should do stand up....

shetlandhibee
04-10-2019, 11:17 PM
:agree:
No idea how anyone can say he talks well, he slavers a load of pish after each game, its as if he's watched a completely different game to the rest of us. And as for this high press he bangs on about, when, where?

Wingate and Finchley might tempt him if they need someone quickly, please.:top marks

Real Emerald
04-10-2019, 11:20 PM

He’s improved to get a draw against Kilmarnock (win on pens) and Celtic and there seemed for the first time a shape against Celtic. He is a dead man walking as at the next downturn he’ll be slaughtered again. He has no future at Hibs. We have over the last few years taken around 17,000 to a Hamden semi final, you’ll be lucky to get half that this time. He has taken Hibs back to the bad old days and won’t recover. Needs to go.

monktonharp
05-10-2019, 12:05 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6h_Mgqt4KynwiPAbUeHdlAIYRwsCx5 odCvjcfOlSaCulBrk2dI don't know about that, but my mate recently texted me while I was the Kilmarnock game...…….bring me back a Killie pie, and Heckingbottom's heid on a plate. I ignored that, because we actually won!

monktonharp
05-10-2019, 12:07 AM
don't know if that is ofishul headhunting though

ekhibee
05-10-2019, 12:14 AM
Unless he Calderwoods his way into an assistant managers role we're stuck with him until crowds drop enough for the board to sack him.

This.

hibeerealist
05-10-2019, 01:34 PM
This.

Sadly, I think you are right on that!

theonlywayisup
05-10-2019, 04:56 PM
He'll be away soon. Can people no see the very astute tactical brain and unerring ability to spot a good footballer?

A Hi-Bee
05-10-2019, 04:59 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6h_Mgqt4KynwiPAbUeHdlAIYRwsCx5 odCvjcfOlSaCulBrk2d

Not on a stick but perhaps in a pot.

judas
05-10-2019, 08:54 PM
In balance of fairness and positivity can someone please add a poll?

I

I thinks it’s just ‘headhunted’ mate (rather than ‘headhunted away from us’)

In your second line you say ‘I’. Is that a question of some kind?

FitbaFolkKen
08-10-2019, 08:16 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49966021?__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
08-10-2019, 08:36 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49966021?__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ten league games without a league win and second from bottom, but a great season last season? Surely they're not allowed to sack him this early? :dunno: