PDA

View Full Version : How Long Will Heckingbottom be Hibs manager?

One Day Soon
03-10-2019, 07:41 AM
The question isn't how long do you want him to be Hibs manager, it's how long do you think he will remain Hibs manager regardless of whether you think he's the Messiah, a very naughty boy or something in between.

mutley
03-10-2019, 08:11 AM
It's quite hard to say, if he has a miraculous turn around of results, then it will be very difficult to get rid. Personally I have gone for the By Christmas option, as I think there will be a couple of good results up until then, but it still won't be good enough and I feel we will draw/lose to teams we should be humping.

calumhibee1
03-10-2019, 08:15 AM
Can’t vote on my phone but I’d do for Xmas.

I think he’s done enough to give himself a few games in a lot of people’s eyes but I don’t think he’ll manage to win the vast majority that want him out around completely so he’ll always be a couple poor results away from being back to square one.

B.H.F.C
03-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Relatively soon after the semi final, unless we win it, which I don’t see.

I thought he would love away after the Aberdeen game with it being an international break, but the last two games will have convinced the board to keep him. We’ve got three games after that which we should be looking for a good points return from, which should buy him more time, but I think we’ll likely stumble through them.

Since452
03-10-2019, 08:28 AM
I'll answer at the end of the season

One Day Soon
03-10-2019, 08:36 AM
I'll answer at the end of the season

You're not choosing any of the first four options then?

WeeRussell
03-10-2019, 08:45 AM
November.

MWHIBBIES
03-10-2019, 08:54 AM
At least through the easier run and I think he'll get some good results through it.

we are hibs
03-10-2019, 08:55 AM
Convinced he wont be in charge at Hampden.

IWasThere2016
03-10-2019, 08:59 AM
I'm a populist - he won't see Santa

southern hibby
03-10-2019, 09:02 AM
I’ve put through gone by end of Oct. I picked this because unless he does something drastic to get us improving chances and scoring I honestly can’t see where our next goal is coming from open play.

i want him gone, like last week but if he does turn it around ( and I hope he does )then fair play and I’ll eat humble pie

GGTTH

The 90+2
03-10-2019, 09:11 AM
November.

WhileTheChief..
03-10-2019, 09:23 AM
Can’t see the club doing anything so probably till the end of the season.

calumhibee1
03-10-2019, 09:38 AM

Fingers crossed as that’ll mean that things have massively improved.

bingo70
03-10-2019, 09:57 AM
Monday morning.

Pretty Boy
03-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Gone before the end of the season. We'll pick up a bit and climb into mid table mediocrity but his stock is so low that every poor result will see us back to the same level of dissatisfaction as after the derby. A suitable job in League One or Two down south will become available and there will be an agreement reached that is mutually beneficial to all parties. Think Bobby Williamson and Plymouth.

The Baldmans Comb
03-10-2019, 11:00 AM
I would expect him to stumble on until around March but this team aren't going to reach top 6 hence that has massive failure written all over it so this plus season tickets sales (or lack of) will finally kill him off.

Paisley Hibby
03-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Oh look, just what we need, another negative thread about our club 🙄

Smartie
03-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Scottish Cup winning legend before becoming a hate figure after leaving for The Sevco in the Third Division.

Steve20
03-10-2019, 11:36 AM
Oh look, just what we need, another negative thread about our club ��

Yeah, because we're doing so well flying high in the league right enough. It's a Hibs forum. It seems a perfectly reasonable question asked.

I think he'll be gone next week if we get hammered on Saturday. A win, draw or a narrow loss and he'll get until after the international break. He must pick up a big amount of points in October and November though considering the fixtures we have.

If we're still in the bottom four at the end of November, he will be sacked.

One Day Soon
03-10-2019, 11:37 AM

It isn't negative, it's simply a poll of what the supporters - the soul of the club - are thinking.

MWHIBBIES
03-10-2019, 11:46 AM

Why can't you see the club doing anything? Hibs have sacked many managers.

Beefster
03-10-2019, 12:00 PM
I voted Xmas. I expect our complete lack of anything going forward to continue to affect results but the Board to hold on far too long before doing anything.

scooby
03-10-2019, 12:04 PM

The reality is that we're currently tom kite, and if it continues I and may others will find something more entertaining to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Lago
03-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Going nowhere anytime soon.

Steven79
03-10-2019, 12:43 PM
In a few months time he could be a cup winning legend after beating Hearts or Celtic in the final and a few of us (myself included) would look very foolish indeed.

As for reality I've no idea as he's likely won himself some added time so let's see what the next few results go like.

Northernhibee
03-10-2019, 12:52 PM

Yep. Another cringeworthy Kickback-esque poll to boot.

Andy.1875
03-10-2019, 12:56 PM

Why bother readingit then? It is a valid question asking for people's opinions. I think he should be given a bit more time but that is only my opinion.

One Day Soon
03-10-2019, 01:36 PM

Over 54% of votes cast at this point are suggesting a majority of people expect him to be here until at least after Christmas (which is another 14 games minimum), or a good deal longer.

But yeah, 'another negative thread'. :rolleyes:

CMurdoch
03-10-2019, 01:52 PM
Would have voted likely to be gone after the Aberdeen game but things have picked up for the CLUB in the last 2 matches so i can see him limping on to the end of the season.

The run of matches against Hamilton, Ross County and Livingston are vital to the club and his survival. He must be looking to beat all of these small teams to drag us up the table or he could be toppled by Ron, who has kept his powder dry too date.

The 90+2
03-10-2019, 01:57 PM
Over 54% of votes cast at this point are suggesting a majority of people expect him to be here until at least after Christmas (which is another 14 games minimum), or a good deal longer.

But yeah, 'another negative thread'. :rolleyes:

Always the same few sticking the boot into anything on here recently. I don’t see them starting threads.

I’m unsure about the poll though, are you allowed to create one if you’ve not got a degree in pie charts? 😉

The 90+2
03-10-2019, 01:58 PM

Yet you view it, don’t respond to it until someone else rips the thread and you agree with it?

Dav1986
03-10-2019, 02:23 PM
After the Rangers game then the lack of performances against St Johnstone and Morton immediately after, I felt he was a dead man walking and would be gone by the international break depending largely on the Hearts result.

The last 2 games have given some hope with the fight and desire in the team, if still lacking a bit quality, and have tightened up defensively. I think he will get till at least the semi final but more than likely towards the end of November as I don't see us picking up enough good results that will keep him in it much longer than that.

Hope he turns it round but I think we will stutter on till some point in November.

Paisley Hibby
03-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Yeah, because we're doing so well flying high in the league right enough. It's a Hibs forum. It seems a perfectly reasonable question asked.

I think he'll be gone next week if we get hammered on Saturday. A win, draw or a narrow loss and he'll get until after the international break. He must pick up a big amount of points in October and November though considering the fixtures we have.

If we're still in the bottom four at the end of November, he will be sacked.
Don't disagree with any of that - but how bad we've been and questions about how poor PH is as a manager have already been done to death in numerous threads on here. I don't understand why we need yet another one with yet another poll on the subject.

The 90+2
03-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Don't disagree with any of that - but how bad we've been and questions about how poor PH is as a manager have already been done to death in numerous threads on here. I don't understand why we need yet another one with yet another poll on the subject.

Start a new thread then?
A lot of people have posted on the matter and voted.

It’s not done to death either, it’s a thread on opinions on how long the club will give the HC which is being voted on more than straight away.

One Day Soon
03-10-2019, 03:52 PM

You're absolutely right, which is why this poll isn't on that subject if you read the OP and poll properly.

Sir David Gray
03-10-2019, 05:09 PM
Impossible to say. If results go as I expect them to then I would expect him to be away within the next 6 weeks.

I think he's going to be in charge until at least the semi final but after that I don't think he'll have much of a shelf life unless we somehow improve our results.

Paisley Hibby
03-10-2019, 05:12 PM
You're absolutely right, which is why this poll isn't on that subject if you read the OP and poll properly.

I think you've missed my point. Nobody would be posting a poll asking that question if everything was going well. So the whole exercise is inherently negative. And in my opinion we've had enough of that stuff already.

The 90+2
03-10-2019, 06:58 PM
I think you've missed my point. Nobody would be posting a poll asking that question if everything was going well. So the whole exercise is inherently negative. And in my opinion we've had enough of that stuff already.

You’ve been one of only two negative posters on this entire thread mate 😂😂

Keith_M
03-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Fingers crossed as that’ll mean that things have massively improved.

Terry Butcher lasted till the end of the season

calumhibee1
03-10-2019, 07:14 PM
Terry Butcher lasted till the end of the season

He did but he wasn’t in charge from the beginning. I’d be surprised if the season carried in with us picking up points at the same rate (or even slightly improved but still not very good) if PH lasted a full season.

Scotty Leither
03-10-2019, 07:24 PM
He did but he wasn’t in charge from the beginning. I’d be surprised if the season carried in with us picking up points at the same rate (or even slightly improved but still not very good) if PH lasted a full season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's still here at Xmas with the same indifferent results, and the same turgid football that we've witnessed all season, only difference is we've tightened up at the back that has ground out a couple of draws, which he seems to be delighted with.

The Board seem petrified to do anything to address it in the form of signing a couple of decent free agents that are out there too, so as said I expect more of the same.

AGM should be enlightening though, as apparently our new owner said at the Solheim Cup that "these football fans are mad, they want to win every game".:confused: