PDA

View Full Version : Is PH getting more out of Kamberi than Lennon did?

One Day Soon
01-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Amid all the speculation about what happened to cause Lennon to leave, one of the major issues was apparently his relationship with Kamberi and how Flo was performing.

So are we getting more from Kamberi now under PH than we did with Lennon? My recollection of his first season was of a very hungry player and one who was worth as much for his tireless closing down off the ball as much as his goal scoring.

Heckys Wheel
01-10-2019, 10:21 AM
Rumours during the transfer window get more out of Kamberi than any manager could. Talented guy but his attitude is atrocious and not what’s needed to dig us out a hole.

calumhibee1
01-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Amid all the speculation about what happened to cause Lennon to leave, one of the major issues was apparently his relationship with Kamberi and how Flo was performing.

So are we getting more from Kamberi now under PH than we did with Lennon? My recollection of his first season was of a very hungry player and one who was worth as much for his tireless closing down off the ball as much as his goal scoring.

That’s what I liked most about him when he came in. Ran himself into the ground every game. Definitely doesn’t feel like that’s as much the case now but I do still think he’s a very talented player.

Hibernian Verse
01-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Rumours during the transfer window get more out of Kamberi than any manager could. Talented guy but his attitude is atrocious and not what’s needed to dig us out a hole.

You know him do you?

Completely unfounded personal attack on a player. Example of keyboard warrior, you should wait outside ER after the next game and tell him, see what his attitude is like then.

Heckys Wheel
01-10-2019, 10:25 AM
You know him do you?

Completely unfounded personal attack on a player. Example of keyboard warrior, you should wait outside ER after the next game and tell him, see what his attitude is like then.

😂😂😂 Crikey!

Hibernian Verse
01-10-2019, 10:29 AM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Crikey!Sorry bud, but there is no evidence other than hearsay and there is no need for it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
01-10-2019, 10:31 AM
I'd say the opposite.

Kamberi's first 6 months with us under Lennon were probably the best in his career to date.

Will end up being the best period of his career by the time he retires!

Marvellous
01-10-2019, 10:33 AM
You know him do you?

You should meet Heckys Wheel at ER after the next game and tell him. See what his attitude is like then.

we are hibs
01-10-2019, 10:34 AM

Play the ball to his feet and he will do well as we have seen this season

Shell the ball at his head and he wont as we seen against hearts

Its really that simple. As for his attitude and question marks over his work rate, ive always found that strange. He runs about and works hard for the team. But because he isnt wasting all his energy chasing nothing balls like a Simon Murray would people keep equating that to him not trying. Hes still the best striker at the club and for me hes one of the few if not the only one that is on the same wavelength as scott allan a lot of the time. Play him upfront with doidge who can take the hits and let him play and thrive with a partner and Allan in behind them.

Unfortunately hes always going to have the weirdos amongst our support who constantly slate him for "getting lennon sacked"

FilipinoHibs
01-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Think he has worked hard this season. We have just played him in the wrong position and formation. Nothing wrong with his attitude. Goals scored including the one disallowed which should not have been are not too badm

Hibernian Verse
01-10-2019, 10:38 AM
You should meet Heckys Wheel at ER after the next game and tell him. See what his attitude is like then.Happily, I'm sure we would have a pint and agree with each other.

Are you coming to mediate [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
01-10-2019, 10:39 AM
He’s not really getting anything out of any of our attacking players at the moment. Certainly not in an attacking sense.

The 90+2
01-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Think he has worked hard this season. We have just played him in the wrong position and formation. Nothing wrong with his attitude. Goals scored including the one disallowed which should not have been are not too badm

Yep. I agree. When he’s had service he’s done well. He’s not suited to hoofball. How on earth can anyone say PH is getting more out Kamberi at all? He was on fire played to his strength when he first joined. The team should be built to the strengths of him and Allan, not just threw them into a team structure that doesn’t suit because they are good players.

One Day Soon
01-10-2019, 11:22 AM
You should meet Heckys Wheel at ER after the next game and tell him. See what his attitude is like then.

You should meet Hibernian Verse outside ER after the next game and ......oh never mind.

MWHIBBIES
01-10-2019, 11:25 AM

Is this actually based on anything? Pure nonsense imo.

WeeRussell
01-10-2019, 11:29 AM
Nope. But he's not making him a scapegoat or picking on him either which is good.

Shrekko
01-10-2019, 12:01 PM
He’s played better this season than last season but I don’t think even his biggest fans can now argue that’s he’s hit or miss. Brilliance mixed with mediocrity.

Would like to see a way of accommodating him and Doidge- I’m sure they could be a cracking partnership.

wookie70
01-10-2019, 01:14 PM
His attitude is fantastic. Never gives up and always trying to do something positive. He is quite like Scott A in a way, albeit I think Flo works harder, in that he is willing to take the risk with a hard pass or shot. When the ball has been played to him on the floor he has been very good imo this year. He is wildly better than what we have seen of Doidge but he may now come on to a game. How anyone thinks Kamberi doesn't work hard is beyond me. Yes he struggled last year against an aggressive bully blaming for all of Hibs issues. It took him a while to get back form and while not setting the heather alight this year he has played pretty well.

Since452
01-10-2019, 01:15 PM
You know him do you?

That escalated quickly

Smartie
01-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Kamberi hit the ground running under Lennon in a system that played to his strengths. He then fell out with Lennon when he struggled in a system that didn't.

PH is taking his time to find out what Kamberi can and cannot do.

So far both managers have had mixed performances out of Kamberi, for various reasons. What I find harsh is when his attitude is questioned - his work rate has always looked fine to me, occasionally he looks a bit unhappy when nothing is coming off for him or his service is crap but I don't really have a problem with that.

Cataplana
01-10-2019, 01:23 PM
You know him do you?

I get the impression he's a bit moody too. Where should I arrange to meet him?

Here’s Lucy!
01-10-2019, 01:24 PM
Personally, I think it’s a good thing that fellow posters are well acquainted with our players.

It can only lead to us gleaning insider knowledge, and thus forming a truer and more accurate snapshot of their personalities.

What’s not to like?

IvanSproule
01-10-2019, 02:59 PM
We have one league goal from a striker in 7 games.
He's not getting anything from anyone in an attacking sense.

PercyHibs
01-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Is this actually based on anything? Pure nonsense imo.

Surely based on watching him play? Great player on his day but is inconsistent to put it mildly. Fancied it first half against Hearts, was chasing balls and closing players down but didn't look interested in the 2nd half.

J-C
01-10-2019, 03:19 PM
Flo plays well with good midfielders feeding him balls into his feet or passes into space, he's a clever player like Allan and thrived when on loan with the midfield we had. Now we have a **** midfield that creates very little, no wonder he looks pissed off, wouldn't you be if all you had to go on was punts lumped at you from Hanlon and Porteous.

MWHIBBIES
01-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Surely based on watching him play? Great player on his day but is inconsistent to put it mildly. Fancied it first half against Hearts, was chasing balls and closing players down but didn't look interested in the 2nd half.

That is totally subjective and not really anything to do with his attitude. What if Hecky told him to run and really chase first half and conserve himself 2nd half and wait for a chance?

Honestly, there is absolutely nothing concrete to suggest Flo has a poor attitude.

ancient hibee
01-10-2019, 03:54 PM
I suspect we are the only team in the league that refuses to build a team/system around our best players and play to their strengths.

1875-Hibernia
01-10-2019, 04:08 PM
Not at the moment he's not. Has he not been dropped for the last 2 games? (Hope that's not a sign of things to come)

Kamberi is a brilliant player who works extremely hard for us. He needs more goals and a better service before we can say what PH is getting out him. I understand Lennon's frustrations with Kamberi in terms of goals.

B.H.F.C
01-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Not at the moment he's not. Has he not been dropped for the last 2 games? (Hope that's not a sign of things to come)

Kamberi is a brilliant player who works extremely hard for us. He needs more goals and a better service before we can say what PH is getting out him. I understand Lennon's frustrations with Kamberi in terms of goals.

Thing is, although we’ve not exactly been great in an attacking sense, dropping Kamberi has led to two better team performances.

I think Kamberi has talent but isn’t using it enough. There comes a point where he needs to take some responsibility. Previously the manager giving him a tough time and that was to blame for poor form. Now it’s all down to service and the other players in the team.

There is probably an element of truth in it all of it, I just think he could do more.

The 90+2
01-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Thing is, although we’ve not exactly been great in an attacking sense, dropping Kamberi has led to two better team performances.

I think Kamberi has talent but isn’t using it enough. There comes a point where he needs to take some responsibility. Previously the manager giving him a tough time and that was to blame for poor form. Now it’s all down to service and the other players in the team.

There is probably an element of truth in it all of it, I just think he could do more.

Dropping Kamberi I wouldn’t relate to two better (defensive) performances. Woeful up front both games but tighter at the back.

DH1875
01-10-2019, 04:45 PM
He spends to much time out left/ on the left hand side. Sure its great he runs about everywhere But the problem is, once he gets the ball there's no one for him to pass forward to as the guy who should be in those forward positions is him. I also think him drifting out wide so often is having a negative effect on SA game as again, Flo's not where he's supposed to be for SA to find. If its the managers tactics then no, he's not getting enough out of him. If its just Flo doing what he wants, someone needs to tell him to stop doing it. I think he's great but someone has to tell him to stay up front.

B.H.F.C
01-10-2019, 04:50 PM
Dropping Kamberi I wouldn’t relate to two better (defensive) performances. Woeful up front both games but tighter at the back.

Doidge has led the line better in those games than Kamberi did in the the games prior. Absolutely no service but he won a lot of the balls that came his direction and involved in the goal against Celtic.

It has been two defensive performances, which have been quite grim viewing, but they were team performances and we defended right from the front.

The 90+2
01-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Doidge has led the line better in those games than Kamberi did in the the games prior. Absolutely no service but he won a lot of the balls that came his direction and involved in the goal against Celtic.

It has been two defensive performances, which have been quite grim viewing, but they were team performances and we defended right from the front.

He has one a lot of the balls but they usually count for nothing. I don’t think having Doidge instead of Flo’ has made any sort of difference. Kamberi is also good and pulling defenders out of position with his movement but again, it’s not really needed at the moment it’s so static.

B.H.F.C
01-10-2019, 05:23 PM
He has one a lot of the balls but they usually count for nothing. I don’t think having Doidge instead of Flo’ has made any sort of difference. Kamberi is also good and pulling defenders out of position with his movement but again, it’s not really needed at the moment it’s so static.

The goals against column suggests that it has made a difference. We haven’t been a threat but we hadn’t really been a threat in the two or three games previous to that either. We were chucking goals in all over the place though. I think the changes in personnel have improved us in the last week.

I’m as critical as anybody about how dire it is at the moment, but the last two games have been less dire and it’s just been through the whole team doing their jobs from a defensive point of view.

The 90+2
01-10-2019, 05:31 PM
The goals against column suggests that it has made a difference. We haven’t been a threat but we hadn’t really been a threat in the two or three games previous to that either. We were chucking goals in all over the place though. I think the changes in personnel have improved us in the last week.

I’m as critical as anybody about how dire it is at the moment, but the last two games have been less dire and it’s just been through the whole team doing their jobs from a defensive point of view.

Yes I totally agree with the majority apart from the Doidge part but Faroe do’s mate.

monktonharp
01-10-2019, 09:37 PM

So are we getting more from Kamberi now under PH than we did with Lennon? My recollection of his first season was of a very hungry player and one who was worth as much for his tireless closing down off the ball as much as his goal scoring.:confused:how can we judge how much Hecky is getting out of a player, if he disnae play him?

monktonharp
01-10-2019, 09:40 PM
He has one a lot of the balls but they usually count for nothing. I don’t think having Doidge instead of Flo’ has made any sort of difference. Kamberi is also good and pulling defenders out of position with his movement but again, it’s not really needed at the moment it’s so static.as this nothing to do with the way we are set up in the front line/ why not Kamberri and Doidge/ we used to play with a couple up front, iirc

1875-Hibernia
01-10-2019, 10:04 PM

I think his work rate of the ball is great - especially when asked to play on the left. He’s on 5 goals this season so looks like it could be a good season for him. I do want to see more goals from him in the league but think this will only happen once team gels. Be good to see him and Doidge up top together.

One Day Soon
01-10-2019, 10:36 PM
:confused:how can we judge how much Hecky is getting out of a player, if he disnae play him?

I suppose that kind of answers the question.

ian cruise
01-10-2019, 10:54 PM
Kamberi works well as part of a formation that plays two upfront, when we did that with Maclaren and him we reaped the rewards. Since then, alongside an injury and drop in form from Maclaren Kamberi has had to cope with being played upfront on his own with the ball just being hoofed at him, or out wide, neither of which suit his style. Doidge looks like he might work best as part of a pairing so fingers crossed Heckingbottom sees this and gives them a run of games playing together.

The 90+2
01-10-2019, 11:34 PM
as this nothing to do with the way we are set up in the front line/ why not Kamberri and Doidge/ we used to play with a couple up front, iirc

Definitely 👍

DetroitHibs
02-10-2019, 01:26 AM
Is it a coincidence that his best two performances this season occurred when Basil were watching him?

Speedway
02-10-2019, 04:39 AM
:confused:how can we judge how much Hecky is getting out of a player, if he disnae play him?

Exactly, how much can you get out of a player who has been benched in favour of Doidge?

Crammond Hibee
02-10-2019, 06:27 AM
Exactly, how much can you get out of a player who has been benched in favour of Doidge?

We’ve done a lot better with Kamberi on the bench

Brightside
02-10-2019, 07:43 AM
Creating chances is the problem right now..... that's not a Flo or Chris issue.

Scouse Hibee
02-10-2019, 07:47 AM
I suspect we are the only team in the league that refuses to build a team/system around our best players and play to their strengths.

Nail on the head.

Onion
02-10-2019, 08:01 AM
Is it a coincidence that his best two performances this season occurred when Basil were watching him?

Probably not, just as his best spell by far was when on loan chasing a deal, club and Swiss cap. Yes, he was surrounded by better players but his workrate was phenomenal back then. Boy has talent but not making most of it.

bigwheel
02-10-2019, 08:10 AM
Probably not, just as his best spell by far was when on loan chasing a deal, club and Swiss cap. Yes, he was surrounded by better players but his workrate was phenomenal back then. Boy has talent but not making most of it.

Completely agree with this ...it is Flo’s mindset that determines what player turns up each game..if he had the professional commitment and consistency of (say) Stephenson, with his abilities, he would be our best player by some way - and one of the top forwards in the league ...

Just now , he flip flops from Impressive to underwhelming....

It’s largely all in his hands ...or mind !

Weegreenman
02-10-2019, 08:23 AM
We all know Kamberi has it in him to be the player we all want him to be. It’s up to him to perform. Not easy in a side that’s struggling to put two passes together.
To answer the OP, I do think Heck is getting more out of him this season than last but then that wouldn’t be hard.

J-C
02-10-2019, 09:15 AM
I feel Flo can be a bit moody when it comes to playing, he seems well liked in the dressing room so maybe it's just his game mentality that's in question. He did fall out with the manager at Grasshoppers and also with Lennon with the major question being his football commitment on the pitch.

JDHibs
02-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Kamberi's best spell under Lennon came when we had an outrageous amount of talent in the squad all playing really well, when we just gave up with defence & went all out attack

Boyle, Allan, McGinn, McGeouch & MacLaren.

In the 16 months since the end of that season, we havent had boyle for 9 months, havent replaced McGinn or Mcgeouch to any decent level & Allan has been fighting a losing battle this season.

From what ive seen, Kamberi has a great attitude & never gives up. We havent played to his strengths since his loan spell. He isnt a target man, both managers have tried to play him as that. Give him the ball on the floor. Get him running onto balls or defenders & he is a excellent striker.

As usual, people find a scapegoat & nothing changes their opinions.

WeeRussell
02-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Kamberi's best spell under Lennon came when we had an outrageous amount of talent in the squad all playing really well, when we just gave up with defence & went all out attack

In the 16 months since the end of that season, we havent had boyle for 9 months, havent replaced McGinn or Mcgeouch to any decent level & Allan has been fighting a losing battle this season.

From what ive seen, Kamberi has a great attitude & never gives up. We havent played to his strengths since his loan spell. He isnt a target man, both managers have tried to play him as that. Give him the ball on the floor. Get him running onto balls or defenders & he is a excellent striker.

I think this is the best post on the thread so far :agree:

Hi Heid Yin
02-10-2019, 06:52 PM
]Kamberi's best spell under Lennon came when we had an outrageous amount of talent in the squad all playing really wel[/B]l, when we just gave up with defence & went all out attack

The bit in bold says it all.
We quite simply do not have the quality that we had and from which Kamberi benefitted in his first 6 month period.
This for me is the most damning part of the last 18 months - we have gone depressingly backwards in our recruitment and not replaced like-for-like.
Quality players tend to thrive when they are surrounded by other quality players, so it is not just Kamberi but also Allan who is struggling for consistency.

Swedish hibee
02-10-2019, 11:39 PM
He frustrates me so much. More than any other player!

monktonharp
03-10-2019, 12:28 AM

As usual, people find a scapegoat & nothing changes their opinions.:agree: and, as said previously, let us see him on the pitch then judge! and I mean with a partner up front. Doidge could be the answer as he is the type to receive then hold and play off longer balls. not my ideal style of play but if we need to play a long ball, let Doidge catch, then play it to Kamberi , naw?

monktonharp
03-10-2019, 12:31 AM
Kamberi can be a frustrating player at times but if he is "fed" the right ball he can be exiting too.

DetroitHibs
03-10-2019, 01:44 AM
I think he's a very good natural finisher, unfortunately he drops far too deep or out wide to convert the chances.

JimBHibees
03-10-2019, 05:45 AM
The bit in bold says it all.
We quite simply do not have the quality that we had and from which Kamberi benefitted in his first 6 month period.
This for me is the most damning part of the last 18 months - we have gone depressingly backwards in our recruitment and not replaced like-for-like.
Quality players tend to thrive when they are surrounded by other quality players, so it is not just Kamberi but also Allan who is struggling for consistency.

we were never replacing McGinn and probably McGeouch like for like.

JimBHibees
03-10-2019, 05:46 AM

Agree with that think he has a great attitude.

sauzeelegod
03-10-2019, 05:56 AM
An Atletico Madrid style 442 could be the answer. Doidge and Kamberi up top.

Hibeesmad
03-10-2019, 06:04 AM
He's a good player when giving 100% which is once every few games, think Hecky is starting to get fed up of it hence him being dropped the last 2 games. I think he genuinely wants a move away and will be surprised if he isn't away by the start of next season.

MWHIBBIES
03-10-2019, 06:29 AM
He's a good player when giving 100% which is once every few games, think Hecky is starting to get fed up of it hence him being dropped the last 2 games. I think he genuinely wants a move away and will be surprised if he isn't away by the start of next season.

Its nothing to do with his effort. He hasn't given less than 100% in any game he's played this season.

BILLYHIBS
03-10-2019, 06:56 AM

I thought he was playing very well when Basle were supposedly watching him.

It was like watching the old Flo.

Like others I would like to see him play in a lineup that accommodates Flo and Doidge up front with Scott Allan playing behind them playing the killer passes through to Flo and big Doidgey knocking the high balls down into Flos path to run onto

If Flo really wants a move and I think he does he is going to have earn it out on the pitch

The 90+2
03-10-2019, 02:06 PM
I thought he was playing very well when Basle were supposedly watching him.

It was like watching the old Flo.

Like others I would like to see him play in a lineup that accommodates Flo and Doidge up front with Scott Allan playing behind them playing the killer passes through to Flo and big Doidgey knocking the high balls down into Flos path to run onto

If Flo really wants a move and I think he does he is going to have earn it out on the pitch

Flo’ playing well in they games coincided with Allan getting space and time against lower opposition to find him and burst forward. I don’t for a second think he tried extra hard because there was rumours of a club watching him especially when that club is from his home country. Since we’ve played teams that set up better Allan gets less time on the ball as there’s nobody there to protect the ball playing midfielder and Kamberi has lived off scraps. He actually reminds me of Cunmings under Butcher running wide up top all the time to try and get in the action as it’s hoof central.

BILLYHIBS
03-10-2019, 02:16 PM
Flo’ playing well in they games coincided with Allan getting space and time against lower opposition to find him and burst forward. I don’t for a second think he tried extra hard because there was rumours of a club watching him especially when that club is from his home country. Since we’ve played teams that set up better Allan gets less time on the ball as there’s nobody there to protect the ball playing midfielder and Kamberi has lived off scraps. He actually reminds me of Cunmings under Butcher running wide up top all the time to try and get in the action as it’s hoof central.
Yip! The games I had in mind Arbroath Elgin and Morton where he looked lively and scored four
I remember reading that the Basle delegate was disappointed he did not start at Ibrox
Anyway for all our sakes he needs to hit the ground running when he gets back into the team