The 90+2
30-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Rangers match on the Friday, leaves the weekend free for Xmas Festivities
Happy that the Hearts game is on sharp too

It’s also early pay day.

Billy Whizz
30-09-2019, 03:27 PM
It’s also early pay day.

Wonder what game the 1/2 season ticket will start from?

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-09-2019, 03:29 PM
Rangers on fighting Friday. Edinburgh will be fun that night

The Friday before Christmas is the day when most folk traditionally, myself included, finish early and go out on the piss. I normally finish at 12.30 and head straight to the pub. There will be a lot :drunk: people that night at the game.

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 03:35 PM
Wonder what game the 1/2 season ticket will start from?

Could be a decent incentive.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2019, 03:40 PM
I'm out on the Friday night, another game I'll miss because of TV.

Disappointed but not surprised.

Alan62
30-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Absolutely ridiculous time. It's not called 'Black Friday' by the police for nothing. Can't fathom how they'll police the game and the annual carnage in town.

Plus the already hooching pubs will be full of fans from both sides who have quit work early and gone to the pub.

Plus Hibs have been taking bookings for Christmas parties for that very night for ages. Can they still be accommodated or will the club have to cancel bookings?

Worst of all, it's my band night out. Every year, same night. NIGHTMARE. Pure ragin'.

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Absolutely ridiculous time. It's not called 'Black Friday' by the police for nothing. Can't fathom how they'll police the game and the annual carnage in town.

Plus the already hooching pubs will be full of fans from both sides who have quit work early and gone to the pub.

Plus Hibs have been taking bookings for Christmas parties for that very night for ages. Can they still be accommodated or will the club have to cancel bookings?

Worst of all, it's my band night out. Every year, same night. NIGHTMARE. Pure ragin'.

Is Black Friday no the last Friday in November?

I think the last one before Xmas is mad Friday.

The rest seems like a great reason to have the game on that night too 😂😂

Renton1875
30-09-2019, 04:08 PM

Depends where you live. It's black eye Friday round my way.

Alan62
30-09-2019, 04:12 PM

The term 'Black Friday' was hijacked for the annual pre-Christmas online spending orgy. Maybe that's why folks have started calling the big Christmas night oot 'mad Friday' instead.

The original term came, I believe, from a Police perspective. They were on the wrong side of the carnage brought about by excessive drinking and the release of a year's worth of pent-up inter-office lust. It's a heady combination that often ends in tears. Combine this with skimpy frocks and sub-zero temperatures and it's a ticket to Little France and the Casualty Department.

Mad Friday probably sits better with both the merrymakers and the clean-up squad.

Either way, there's no justification for having it that night in my book.

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 04:15 PM
The term 'Black Friday' was hijacked for the annual pre-Christmas online spending orgy. Maybe that's why folks have started calling the big Christmas night oot 'mad Friday' instead.

The original term came, I believe, from a Police perspective. They were on the wrong side of the carnage brought about by excessive drinking and the release of a year's worth of pent-up inter-office lust. It's a heady combination that often ends in tears. Combine this with skimpy frocks and sub-zero temperatures and it's a ticket to Little France and the Casualty Department.

Mad Friday probably sits better with both the merrymakers and the clean-up squad.

Either way, there's no justification for having it that night in my book.

Surely if people are at the game they are avoiding being ranked up and causing trouble up the town and that? I do agree by the way it’s been shocking arranged - I’m just a half full mind of a guy 😂

Bishop Hibee
30-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Brilliant! I go off on leave that day. Let the partying commence.

hibee-boys
30-09-2019, 04:23 PM
Aw well, office xmas party that night. Easy decision....easter road it is!

Edit: get sloshed pre/post game!

lyonhibs
30-09-2019, 04:27 PM
The more games on telly over the festive period the better for me. I'll just be a couple of weeks from number 1 being born so not coming back for Xmas.

Dav1986
30-09-2019, 04:35 PM
The more games on telly over the festive period the better for me. I'll just be a couple of weeks from number 1 being born so not coming back for Xmas.

Congratulations mate! Never realised you and your missus were expecting :aok:

Alan62
30-09-2019, 04:43 PM
Surely if people are at the game they are avoiding being ranked up and causing trouble up the town and that? I do agree by the way it’s been shocking arranged - I’m just a half full mind of a guy 😂

My predictions:

Scenario 1: Hibs supporter, let's call him Fred, has office party booked for that night. He's been secretly lusting after office redhead, let's call her Ginger, for the best part of a year. Decides not to go to the game. Outcome: empty seat.

Scenario 2: Rangers-mad Billy pops his bowler hat in his desk drawer, folds his sash and clocks out from his cosy post at the Council at 12.30, cashing in his accumulated flexi-time. He's already suited and booted for the big day ahead. Goes straight to 'Spoons and orders a treble-treble with a pizza chaser. He then drinks up until the first off-peak train time, takes his six pack on the train, expels two gallons from his bladder in a stair in Easter Road, sings enthusiastically throughout the game before heading uptown for a wee nightcap. Outcome: unseemly scenes.

Scenario 3: Lifelong Hibs fan, Bernadette, manages to convince her work to have their office Christmas party on the 20th December at Easter Road. She's super excited until it gets cancelled. Outcome: angry workmates end up eating microwave dinner at local Toby Carvery. Broken-hearted Bernadette stays home, angry and ashamed.

Scenario 4: Green-leaning boozy youth squad meet at various Leith pubs at 5 sharp. Six pints each then up to the game before taxi-ing into the George Street carnage. Outcome: grumpy Polis.

Scenario 5: Lifelong Hibs supporter, let's call him Alan62, goes to pre-dinner drinks with his bandmates but misses the meal because he's at the match. Has promised to meet later but in a drink-fuelled rage, takes oot Kevin Clancy with a flying karate kick. Outcome: night in the cells, lifelong ban.

3pm
30-09-2019, 04:46 PM
I'm out on the Friday night, another game I'll miss because of TV.

Disappointed but not surprised.

Think I could be in bother.

Six by Nico could be getting shelved.

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 04:50 PM
My predictions:

Scenario 1: Hibs supporter, let's call him Fred, has office party booked for that night. He's been secretly lusting after office redhead, let's call her Ginger, for the best part of a year. Decides not to go to the game. Outcome: empty seat.

Scenario 2: Rangers-mad Billy pops his bowler hat in his desk drawer, folds his sash and clocks out from his cosy post at the Council at 12.30, cashing in his accumulated flexi-time. He's already suited and booted for the big day ahead. Goes straight to 'Spoons and orders a treble-treble with a pizza chaser. He then drinks up until the first off-peak train time, takes his six pack on the train, expels two gallons from his bladder in a stair in Easter Road, sings enthusiastically throughout the game before heading uptown for a wee nightcap. Outcome: unseemly scenes.

Scenario 3: Lifelong Hibs fan, Bernadette, manages to convince her work to have their office Christmas party on the 20th December at Easter Road. She's super excited until it gets cancelled. Outcome: angry workmates end up eating microwave dinner at local Toby Carvery. Broken-hearted Bernadette stays home, angry and ashamed.

Scenario 4: Green-leaning boozy youth squad meet at various Leith pubs at 5 sharp. Six pints each then up to the game before taxi-ing into the George Street carnage. Outcome: grumpy Polis.

Scenario 5: Lifelong Hibs supporter, let's call him Alan62, goes to pre-dinner drinks with his bandmates but misses the meal because he's at the match. Has promised to meet later but in a drink-fuelled rage, takes oot Kevin Clancy with a flying karate kick. Outcome: night in the cells, lifelong ban.

Yassssssss 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Alan62
30-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Think I could be in bother.

Six by Nico could be getting shelved.

As long as it isn't Six by Alfredo. That would only add insult to injury.

Keith_M
30-09-2019, 05:15 PM
They didn't even consult me first!!

:grr:

:rules:

Here’s Lucy!
30-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Merry Christmas to George and Rose Street.

Yorkshire HFC
30-09-2019, 05:22 PM
[/QUOTE]

What a time to be alive.

macca70
30-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Excellent, away for Chrimbo/New Year, flight leaves on the Saturday so expected to miss the Rangers game but not now.

Also, get to see the derby on TV, always expected that to be televised but glad it’s now confirmed.

Eyrie
30-09-2019, 07:39 PM
My predictions:

My prediction - Alan62's lifelong ban is overturned when 19000 witnesses swear blind that there was insufficient contact with Clancy's face for a ban.

Here’s Lucy!
30-09-2019, 09:32 PM
What a time to be alive.[/QUOTE]

What the Hell does that mean?

Hibeesmad
01-10-2019, 06:25 AM
Any game under the lights at Easter Rd is fine with me, we tend to do really well on these occasions. Also means a chilled Saturday afternoon at the pub or a bit of over time at work for those who have that option.

Since452
01-10-2019, 01:12 PM
Just made Black Friday (the real one not discounted microwaves) more interesting!

flash
01-10-2019, 02:23 PM
My office do is getting bumped for this. Much more fun.

Carheenlea
01-10-2019, 05:31 PM
Had written this one off as our annual Christmas visit to Galway was scheduled for the Friday evening, so resorted to an already tried and tested nonsense to my wife that the ferry is a lot cheaper on the Saturday morning as opposed to Friday. Usually works the other way coming back in order to make games but suspect she’ll notice eventually that for every bargain ferry there is a Hibs game within 24 hours.