PDA

View Full Version : Not just a creditable draw - a performance too!

California-Hibs
28-09-2019, 04:24 PM
That's what ive been after. Don't get me wrong, I'd have taken any kind of draw today but I feel very content with the performance we put in. Don't get me wrong, it was far from a complete performance by any means, but we competed and stood up, pressed, created some chances and most importantly as I had been questioning it along with everyone - battling qualities and passion!

After going to a tough place in Kilmarnock and keeping a clean sheet and progressing to a Semi Final, following that up with a draw against Celtic who had a perfect winning record, will definitely do me.

Important we build from this now, the players have shown they're capable and set a bar.

Standouts for me -

Doidge - don't think we should write him off. He offers something and has a bit to his game. Played well

Vela - best game in a Hibs shirt

Whittaker - feared with him coming on and playing centre half but his experience shone through and he contributed well.

Few quiet performers but no poor performers.

Onwards! 🇳🇬

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 04:25 PM
We were superb today all things considered. No negatives whatsoever to take from that.

One Day Soon
28-09-2019, 04:28 PM
We were superb today all things considered. No negatives whatsoever to take from that.

:faf:

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 04:31 PM
:faf:

Ok I’ll bite. What are the negatives, which I’m sure you’ll manage to find, from being the first team to take points from the champions, especially considering our current form?

Go on, tell me.

Allant1981
28-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Ok I’ll bite. What are the negatives, which I’m sure you’ll manage to find, from being the first team to take points from the champions, especially considering our current form?

Go on, tell me.

James could have been a lot tighter for the goal and we could have been switched on a bit quicker when it went out wide for the cross but apart from that not much to moan about

One Day Soon
28-09-2019, 04:35 PM

Go on, tell me.

Seriously? No negatives whatsoever? I mean there's trolling and then there's just absurdity.

Sammy7nil
28-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Hibs were okay today we rode our luck a little bit a definite improvement. We need to be more on the front foot at home we had one shot at goal in the first half.

judas
28-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Seriously? No negatives whatsoever? I mean there's trolling and then there's just absurdity.

I’m struggling to find negatives with that performance also.

Humour me please, coz so far you’re just a haevering troll.

weecounty hibby
28-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Thought we did well today against probably the best team in the country. Lots of fight and never gave up. Went to sleep a bit at their goal but I blame the ****wit referee for that. Loads of positives and not many negatives at all.

One Day Soon
28-09-2019, 04:47 PM
I’m struggling to find negatives with that performance also.

Humour me please, coz so far you’re just a haevering troll.

A huge amount of hoofing the ball straight back to Celtic giving them constant repossession and putting ourselves back under pressure.

Frequently leaving no one up front at Celtic set pieces meaning no out-ball when we took possession.

20 Celtic attempts on goal to our 3.

No high press, or any press - again - choosing instead to defend the final third.

The fact that we got a draw from a freak deflection and probably should have lost 2 or 3 nil

Our midfield being cut through easily as Celtic flooded forward.

There were plenty of positives, especially from the low point we were starting from, but suggesting there were no negatives is just 'haevering'.

Chorley Hibee
28-09-2019, 04:50 PM
A good point, and a battling performance, but very little in terms of offensive football, or indeed anything that changes my mind regards Heckingbottom or where we, as a club, are heading.

One Day Soon
28-09-2019, 04:52 PM
A good point, and a battling performance, but very little in terms of offensive football, or indeed anything that changes my mind regards Heckingbottom or where we, as a club, are heading.

Pretty much where I'm at. Could change of course, but little evidence of it so far.

NAE NOOKIE
28-09-2019, 04:53 PM
A huge amount of hoofing the ball straight back to Celtic giving them constant repossession and putting ourselves back under pressure.

Frequently leaving no one up front at Celtic set pieces meaning no out-ball when we took possession.

No high press, or any press - again - choosing instead to defend the final third.

The fact that we got a draw from a freak deflection and probably should have lost 2 or 3 nil

There were plenty of positives, especially from the low point we were starting from, but suggesting there were no negatives is just 'haevering'.

Agree with most of this, especially our shared annoyance at Hibs never leaving anybody up the park at corners or free kicks to the opposition. We were pretty ineffective in the final 3rd and we need to make more and better chances. But the actual effort from the team was a huge positive and if we can keep doing that and be a bit sharper and cleverer in the final 3rd we will be heading in the right direction.

Alfred E Newman
28-09-2019, 05:05 PM
The thing is we'll probably set up the same way against Aberdeen next week and try and get away with some kind of a result. Unfortunately we are just not geared to taking the game to the opposition and that is our problem.

CLASS OF 72 -73
28-09-2019, 05:05 PM

Someone with sense.
We put in a very brave performance but we still offer little threat and no shape. Doidge Whittaker and Allen notable efforts.

matty_f
28-09-2019, 05:11 PM
I have no complaints about the performance. First half we could have been braver on the ball but given the circumstances and the opposition I thought we looked ok.

Second half I thought we improved, Whittaker at centre half set the tone for being composed and finding a Hibs player rather than just shelling the ball forward aimlessly.

Vela and Hallberg were good, Mallan adds much more on the right than he does centrally, and the opposite is true for Allan, who had a cracking game.

It's not a perfect performance but it's one that I think we could build on.

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 05:12 PM

You’re on one. We were hardly superb.

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 05:15 PM

Go on, tell me.

We didn’t do enough in the final third, which I think is fairly obvious.

We could have got closer to Doidge particularly in the second half. We could have been a bit braver.

Not disappointed, and the positives outweigh the negatives, but we need to find a way of being more of a threat.

ancient hibee
28-09-2019, 05:17 PM
It shows how far we’ve fallen that people are creaming themselves because the players mostly gave 100%.Surely that should be the least we expect not the high point.There were some good passages of linked up play which is a step forward but far too many panicky clearances giving the ball back.Thought the goalie was very sound and had one very brave save and the defence looked as if they’d met each other but with no pace in attack every game is going to be a struggle unless a way can be found to fit Kamberi in upfront.I would put him in instead of Middleton who for a young guy doesn’t have much dash and is often caught on his heels.

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 05:17 PM
We didn’t do enough in the final third, which I think is fairly obvious.

We could have got closer to Doidge particularly in the second half. We could have been a bit braver.

Not disappointed, and the positives outweigh the negatives, but we need to find a way of being more of a threat.

Sensible post. People getting carries away. We weren’t “superb”. We did enough to get a point and, compared to other performances this season, were an improvement.

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 05:18 PM
It shows how far we’ve fallen that people are creaming themselves because the players mostly gave 100%.Surely that should be the least we expect not the high point.There were some good passages of linked up play which is a step forward but far too many panicky clearances giving the ball back.Thought the goalie was very sound and had one very brave save and the defence looked as if they’d met each other but with no pace in attack every game is going to be a struggle unless a way can be found to fit Kamberi in upfront.I would put him in instead of Middleton who for a young guy doesn’t have much dash and is often caught on his heels.

Nailed it.

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 05:18 PM

We actually had 53% of the ball today, which surprised me. Problem is, we lack purpose when we have it. He needs to find a shape that lets us be more positive.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 05:20 PM

So do you have any negatives? Or is it you that’s trolling? Because you’ve managed to reply but provided none.

And the idea of “trolling” on a Hibs forum by praising Hibs? Says more about you than me if you think me bigging up Hibs after a very good performance is trolling.

judas
28-09-2019, 05:22 PM

As I thought. A troll.

maturehibby
The fact Celtic had 5 players cautioned says that there were plenty if positives
Mcgregor and Brown esoecially showed that we were running in on goal and therefor were tripped and dragfed back

calumhibee1
You’re on one. We were hardly superb.

Another poster that I’m far from surprised has managed to find negatives from today. Enjoy your night. After a positive Hibs performance I know I will.

matty_f
28-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Sensible post. People getting carries away. We weren’t “superb”. We did enough to get a point and, compared to other performances this season, were an improvement.

I don't think folk are getting carried away, I think when you look at who we were playing and how we have been playing, then it did represent a very good performance.

We didn't have a poor player today, the team were organised, have everything, and had a go. We are the first team to take anything from Celtic this season, we weren't lucky today - we deserved the point.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 05:23 PM
As I thought. A troll.

Nothing but :agree:

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 05:24 PM
I don't think folk are getting carried away, I think when you look at who we were playing and how we have been playing, then it did represent a very good performance.

We didn't have a poor player today, the team were organised, have everything, and had a go. We are the first team to take anything from Celtic this season, we weren't lucky today - we deserved the point.

:agree:

Lago
28-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Sometimes I think it's almost a blessing when I'm bump off the site, because as I read through the various posts, after a match, I can almost sense an undercurrent of disappointment, from a number of 'fans', that Hibs actually achieved a result, all be it that they carried a degree of good fortune. There is at the moment a constant theme of negativity around here & I for one am beginning to find it mighty tiresome.

matty_f
28-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Sometimes I think it's almost a blessing when I'm bump off the site, because as I read through the various posts, after a match, I can almost sense an undercurrent of disappointment, from a number of 'fans', that Hibs actually achieved a result, all be it that they carried a degree of good fortune. There is at the moment a constant theme of negativity around here & I for one am beginning to find it mighty tiresome.

:agree: when folk can't acknowledge that we played well to get a point against a team who until today had won every single league game, then you have to wonder why.

murray26
28-09-2019, 05:34 PM
A very encouraging performance and result hopefully this can get our season up and running.. we showed today we are good enough to be a top 6 team now it’s time to take this into our upcoming games..

Onion
28-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Hecky and Hibs needed to start somewhere with a team that couldn't score, defend or compete in midfield. Against Celtic the plan was easy, compete hard and try to defend right across the pitch.

Stopping the bleeding against Killie and Celtic is an encouraging start but the real tests come against lower profile sides. Can the players be bothered week in week out ? Can we score create chances, score goals AND defend in the same game ? Is a draw against Celtic as good as it gets ?

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 05:41 PM

I’ve had people adamantly tell me it’s not the case that some folk are disappointed if we do well but you just need to look at the reaction from a couple posters to today’s result to see it’s definitely the case. They’re GUTTED and hunting for negatives.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 05:48 PM
I thought we battled well enough but lack real quality in possession. Hanlon seemed to just lump the ball up the park all 1st half. Also when allan gets possession in good areas it seems to break down too easily because there is a lack of support around him. Was good to see a bit of fight today but im still a little disappointed in how we set up and what we do in possession.

hibsbollah
28-09-2019, 05:55 PM
I thought we battled well enough but lack real quality in possession. Hanlon seemed to just lump the ball up the park all 1st half. Also when allan gets possession in good areas it seems to break down too easily because there is a lack of support around him. Was good to see a bit of fight today but im still a little disappointed in how we set up and what we do in possession.

We have performed admirably against Celtic in recent years but this shouldn't blind us to the fact they have players in every position that cost, or are worth, ten times our players. I just can't believe any Hibs fan could argue against the premise that today's performance was 'creditable', its just bizarre.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 05:59 PM
We have performed admirably against Celtic in recent years but this shouldn't blind us to the fact they have players in every position that cost, or are worth, ten times our players. I just can't believe any Hibs fan could argue against the premise that today's performance was 'creditable', its just bizarre.

I give team credit for battling and scrapping a draw out. We weren’t very good in possession though. I thought that was pretty obvious to be honest

hibsbollah
28-09-2019, 06:03 PM
I give team credit for battling and scrapping a draw out. We weren’t very good in possession though. I thought that was pretty obvious to be honest

The passing that led to the goal (from memory) Jackson, Allan, Vela? was a lovely bit of interplay. Maybe it didn't happen that often, but that was probably down to the opposition having better players.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 06:08 PM
The passing that led to the goal (from memory) Jackson, Allan, Vela? was a lovely bit of interplay. Maybe it didn't happen that often, but that was probably down to the opposition having better players.

I lost count of the amount of times we lumped the ball out from the back in the 1st half. Too often when we do have possession in the opposition half it breaks down because we dont have enough bodies in support. You keep going on about how good the opposition are , but we were giving possession away too cheaply in my opinion

WhileTheChief..
28-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Ok, own up, who’s gutted that we got a point today?!

The Harp Awakes
28-09-2019, 06:19 PM

Agreed. We dug in and ground out a result, looked far more dogged and fought for the jerseys. Delighted with a point.

It's been clear for a while though that offensively we are lacking. We have no pace and we are not creating many chances. Any wins we get we are going to have to grind out. We desperately need Boyle back firing on all cylinders otherwise we will continue to struggle to score goals.

If we can be as committed next week though, we will have an opportunity to take something at Pittodrie. Aberdeen are honking.

Captain Trips
28-09-2019, 06:30 PM
It appears if you still feel any reason to be critical today of any aspects you also are unhappy we did not lose.

That is how some of these posts come across like there has been some sort of parting of the sea and today any critic is unfounded.

matty_f
28-09-2019, 06:31 PM
It appears if you still feel any reason to be critical today of any aspects you also are unhappy we did not lose.

That is how some of these posts come across like there has been some sort of parting of the sea and today any critic is unfounded.

I think you've misinterpreted what people are saying.

bigwheel
28-09-2019, 06:32 PM
Interesting to hear on the Middleton after match Hibs TV interview of a squad meeting that seems to have taken place recently - to iron out a few points between them...wonder if that is part of the reason they look like they are working for each other a bit more. ....

Captain Trips
28-09-2019, 06:33 PM
I think you've misinterpreted what people are saying.

No not in all cases I do no think it has been. It has been going on now for a few games suggestions people will be pissed off if we win etc.

Captain Trips
28-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Interesting to hear on the Middleton after match Hibs TV interview of a squad meeting that seems to have taken place recently - to iron out a few points between them...wonder if that is party of the reason they look like they are working for each other a bit more. ....

Petrie hired out his living room for £500 p/h for it.

familyman
28-09-2019, 06:39 PM
James could have been a lot tighter for the goal and we could have been switched on a bit quicker when it went out wide for the cross but apart from that not much to moan about
Lots of character at long last...If we can play 2 up we will score goals..Doidge won loads in the air today but needs someone to benefit from it. Kamberi springs to mind!
Need to sort out right back and we will climb the league with this kind of attitude
:flag:

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 06:40 PM
No not in all cases I do no think it has been. It has been going on now for a few games suggestions people will be pissed off if we win etc.

We just drew with a team that have won every single league game they’ve played this season. This is on the back of getting to a cup semi final. Yet there’s some posters that are DESPERATE to put the boot in. There’s without a shadow of a doubt some posters what want us to fail.

LaMotta
28-09-2019, 06:40 PM
:agree: when folk can't acknowledge that we played well to get a point against a team who until today had won every single league game, then you have to wonder why.

I’ve had people adamantly tell me it’s not the case that some folk are disappointed if we do well but you just need to look at the reaction from a couple posters to today’s result to see it’s definitely the case. They’re GUTTED and hunting for negatives.

:agree::agree::agree:

bigwheel
28-09-2019, 06:43 PM
We just drew with a team that have won every single league game they’ve played this season. This is on the back of getting to a cup semi final. Yet there’s some posters that are DESPERATE to put the boot in. There’s without a shadow of a doubt some posters what want us to fail.

There are definitely some that are struggling to just relax and appreciate the work that has gone in to that hard fought point ....

angus hibby
28-09-2019, 06:46 PM
Lots of character at long last...If we can play 2 up we will score goals..Doidge won loads in the air today but needs someone to benefit from it. Kamberi springs to mind!
Need to sort out right back and we will climb the league with this kind of attitude
:flag:

Sort out right back?? James is a very good player.

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 06:52 PM
Hecky and Hibs needed to start somewhere with a team that couldn't score, defend or compete in midfield. Against Celtic the plan was easy, compete hard and try to defend right across the pitch.

Stopping the bleeding against Killie and Celtic is an encouraging start but the real tests come against lower profile sides. Can the players be bothered week in week out ? Can we score create chances, score goals AND defend in the same game ? Is a draw against Celtic as good as it gets ?

Agree with that last part. The way we have set up at Kilmarnock and today suited the games and the results have been good.

But we can’t play like that all the time. In fact, I thought there was an opportunity to be more positive in the second half today and I was a wee bit disappointed that we didn’t show a bit more intent at that point.

He’s going to survive until the semi final now IMO. So Hamilton, Ross County and Livi will really tell us how much improvement there has been.

I was pleased with today but I’m not getting carried away with it.

rotherhamrob
28-09-2019, 07:00 PM
After fearing the worst it was quite refreshing to see the team putting up a fight today.
As someone said earlier having 11 players back at the opposing teams set plays is annoying but other than that taking a point of celtic is nothing to moan about.
If we can get a performance next week against the sheep then I'm sure we will see confidence levels rising.

theonlywayisup
28-09-2019, 07:09 PM

Bizarre, isn't it.

We've just drawn with the League Champions of the last 8 years, undefeated this season and yet some are focussing on the negatives.

I turned up expecting the worst, but have returned home a lot more positive than I've been recently. Let's hope we build on today's result.

28-09-2019, 07:17 PM
I have no complaints about the performance. First half we could have been braver on the ball but given the circumstances and the opposition I thought we looked ok.

Second half I thought we improved, Whittaker at centre half set the tone for being composed and finding a Hibs player rather than just shelling the ball forward aimlessly.

Vela and Hallberg were good, Mallan adds much more on the right than he does centrally, and the opposite is true for Allan, who had a cracking game.

It's not a perfect performance but it's one that I think we could build on.

And that's the point for me - you can look at it from a glass half full or glass half empty POV. Right now, where we're at, with our confidence at pretty much an all time low and the way Celtic have been playing and beating everyone else comfortably ..... I'll take that today. As you say a performance to build on.

Still doesn't mean Hecky's the man for the job though, sadly.

Ricky Bobby
28-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Just back from the game.
Very decent result and nice to see the effort put in by the players rewarded.
There is no doubt that Celtic are on a totally different level from us in regards to players and the same applies to Rangers as their result against Aberdeen suggests.
Maybe it's time all supporters of the teams out with the bigot brothers need to realise that occasionally there is going to be the odd pumping along the way.
Let's get behind Hecky and the team and see where the season takes us.

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 07:47 PM

Look, I’ve already said we played well today, but results against Celtic shouldn’t be what we judge Heckingbottom on. We need to turn a performance in against the teams around us and start winning. Undoubtedly we did well today, but to describe it as a “superb” performance is verging on insane. We didn’t win, we had three shots at goal and were lucky not to have a penalty given against us (their goal should never have happened as it was not a foul in a million years). A bit of perspective required. Let’s turn this performance into a winner next weekend and then maybe let’s hit out with a “superb” performance.

Captain Trips
28-09-2019, 08:10 PM

Bollox.

The guy has had backing and in a position that many managers in our past could only dream of and I'm going to bring out Sunshine on Leith because we can celebrate being better than we have been for weeks and still didn't play anywhere near our best. 2nd bottom ffs.

He will get credit when we are above Motherwell etc not a draw vs Celtic.

MSK
28-09-2019, 08:22 PM

There were plenty of positives, especially from the low point we were starting from, but suggesting there were no negatives is just 'haevering'.Celtic 20 attempts on goal, Maxwell saved around 4, where the **** did the other shots end up ?

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 08:56 PM
Bollox.

The guy has had backing and in a position that many managers in our past could only dream of and I'm going to bring out Sunshine on Leith because we can celebrate being better than we have been for weeks and still didn't play anywhere near our best. 2nd bottom ffs.

He will get credit when we are above Motherwell etc not a draw vs Celtic.

😂

Aye ok.

Hope you make it through another ***** night of being a hibs fan.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 08:57 PM
Celtic 20 attempts on goal, Maxwell saved around 4, where the **** did the other shots end up ?

Doesn’t matter. Hibs are *****, end of.

CMac1988
28-09-2019, 08:59 PM
Celtic 20 attempts on goal, Maxwell saved around 4, where the **** did the other shots end up ?

7 of the 20 were on target so the ones not saved were blocked.

ddoc
28-09-2019, 09:02 PM
I expected us to get humped. That did not happen, and the ‘team’ performance was a huge step up, imho, from the dross that we have suffered through up to yesterday.
They say ‘the proof in the pudding is in the eating’ so I sincerely hope that yesterday’s performance is the start of the revival that we all desperately want.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 09:03 PM
7 of the 20 were on target so the ones not saved were blocked.

Blocked. Or miles off target.

CMac1988
28-09-2019, 09:12 PM
Blocked. Or miles off target.

Eh? How can 7 shots on target be "miles of target"?

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 09:26 PM
Listen if folk want to paper over the cracks then thats up to them. Today i watched an improvement in doing the basics much better. We have been rank rotten in every department all season with today seeing an improvement in how the team fought and and defended. Outwith that i dont see much to get excited about in an attacking sense and i fail to see how pointing that out is too much for some posters

davhibby
28-09-2019, 09:28 PM
We defended the box very well I thought which limited their chances. Got lots of bodies in the way of shots etc. Thought that second half we played some good stuff but lacked a cutting edge in the final third, which is something to improve on next week. Overall a very good performance though and it will give the players another lift

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 09:31 PM
Boyle on twitter saying he should be back after the international break.

That would be a massive boost, I thought he could have made a big difference for us going forward today.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Doesn’t matter. Hibs are *****, end of.

A battling point at home to celtic and you think we are the dogs bollox ..

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 09:36 PM
A battling point at home to celtic and you think we are the dogs bollox ..

Do I?

The first team to take ANYTHING off then yet some are refusing to see any positives.

Captain Trips
28-09-2019, 09:37 PM
😂

Aye ok.

Hope you make it through another ***** night of being a hibs fan.

I'm sure you will be cracking out the vintage 1965 champers if we get 4 shots at goal. My night is fine.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Do I?

The first team to take ANYTHING off then yet some are refusing to see any positives.

For the tenth or more time , the positive is that we battled and fought well for the point. Why do you constantly keep ignoring that being said as a positive? It obviously doesn’t suit your petty and childish attack on supporters who are still worried about other deficiencies in the team.

The_Horde
28-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Delighted with today's result. I actually predicted we'd get a draw today.

It was a no pressure game for the players today, they weren't expected to take anything from it and I feel playing the way we did today was and probably is the most fitting style for the players we have available. (IE. Sitting in, frustrating sides and trying to create one or two great chances to steal the points)

I feel the game played out very much as thought it would and very similarly to our previous draws against them and rangers under Hecky. We rode our luck at times, as you will always have to against the OF.

It wasn't pretty, and it's a long way from the halcyon days with the quality players in Lenny's Hibs Vs Celtic, but it worked and credit is duly deserved.

Anything other than a pumping today was a free hit for Hecky but our problems right now don't lie in sitting in, defending in numbers and spoiling the game like most teams do against the OF. I think if we could play like that every week we'd be in a far better position as it suits our management team and most of the players they've recruited.

But we can't do that because we're too big a side, with too large a budget. Our main issue has been and still is how we dominate and cause other teams problems whilst also maintaining solidity at the back.

Bleeding stopped, but the real pressure tests are the games coming up against a clearly struggling Aberdeen and then the other teams we'll be expected to beat and start moving our erses on up the league.

If we don't do that there's no point in taking a dogged point against celtic.

Pressure very much still on, but there's definite signs of life on this planet again.

One Day Soon
29-09-2019, 12:42 AM
For the tenth or more time , the positive is that we battled and fought well for the point. Why do you constantly keep ignoring that being said as a positive? It obviously doesn’t suit your petty and childish attack on supporters who are still worried about other deficiencies in the team.

He’s incapable of acknowledging what other posters are actually saying as opposed to what he wants to characterise them as saying. There are proper Hibs supporters who agree with him and there are people who aren’t proper Hibs supporters because they don’t completely agree with him. There’s no in between.

One Day Soon
29-09-2019, 12:47 AM
As I thought. A troll.

I know engaging in substantial discussion can be hard work but you could at least make the effort to engage with some of the points raised. Or you could just, you know, troll.

calumhibee1
29-09-2019, 01:23 AM
I know engaging in substantial discussion can be hard work but you could at least make the effort to engage with some of the points raised. Or you could just, you know, troll.

When the only time you engage in “substantial discussion” is when hibs are getting beat then it’s no surprise nobody has an interest at in debating it with you.

One Day Soon
29-09-2019, 01:38 AM
When the only time you engage in “substantial discussion” when hibs are getting beat then it’s no surprise nobody has an interest at in debating it with you.

What an odd and inaccurate observation - just for a start did you not notice that we didn’t get beat? You seem to have an inability to tolerate contrary viewpoints and to be incapable of recognising opinions with shades of grey rather than absolute black and white. Your predeliction for different classes of Hibs fans is also quite bizarre. Good luck with all that.

calumhibee1
29-09-2019, 01:47 AM
What an odd and inaccurate observation - just for a start did you not notice that we didn’t get beat? You seem to have an inability to tolerate contrary viewpoints and to be incapable of recognising opinions with shades of grey rather than absolute black and white. Your predeliction for different classes of Hibs fans is also quite bizarre. Good luck with all that.

Oh I noticed we didn’t get beat alright. I LOVED the fact we got a good result. Unlike yourself, who was choking on hibs taking a doing.

Aye, I said it.. choking. Other posters have noticed it aswell

Onto next week for you and some other who will be on the prowl for negative stories from now onwards. Probably be making up absolute ****ing nonsense about Porto ****ging PH gran again or something aswell as we speak.

KWJ
29-09-2019, 03:32 AM
I'm one of the general Happy clappers but I still think PH should go. He had a tantrum in the dugout today and while the ref had howlers at both ends they shouldve had 2 pens and missed some sitters.

We worked hard today but were bloody lucky.

We played some better football but we are a long way away from where we were this time the past 2 years.

I hope we build on it and beat Aberdeen but I'm not optimistic.

That killie game was eye gouging stuff.

Borderhibbie76
29-09-2019, 05:10 AM
Sometimes I think it's almost a blessing when I'm bump off the site, because as I read through the various posts, after a match, I can almost sense an undercurrent of disappointment, from a number of 'fans', that Hibs actually achieved a result, all be it that they carried a degree of good fortune. There is at the moment a constant theme of negativity around here & I for one am beginning to find it mighty tiresome.Completely agree I've not been on here much lately coz the negativity is mind numbing. And btw I am firmly a Hecky out hibee. Dont think hes the guy for us but we have to take the positives from the last 2 matches given how bad we have been. It remains to be seen if weve turned a corner or if these are shoots of recovery but at least we are showing signs of solid improvement and fight.. which was sadly lacking before weds night

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wakeyhibee
29-09-2019, 06:01 AM
Couldn't see the match yesterday so came on here to get a balanced view of how we done in what on the face of it was a great result given the circumstances.

I was greeted by Admin Rules on behaviour online (never a good sign).

The OP offered a good read, it then descended into a troll/counter troll accusation thread again interspersed with the odd reasoned (even if someone agreed/disagreed) post.

Have Hibs.net turned a corner yet? I'm not sure. I think we need the type of poster like DBS to bring back a sense of humour, wit and guile in the middle of a thread.

I think we're lacking a few older hands with experience of how to handle the current situation without resorting to pure panic and maybe a youngster or two who can see past the negativity that being a Hibs fan for a long time can bring.

Thank you reasoned posters, I got a handle on the game after a while :greengrin

ancient hibee
29-09-2019, 10:25 AM
A strolling midfield general would be ideal.

erin go bragh
29-09-2019, 10:37 AM
A strolling midfield general would be ideal.

Mulumba still a free agent 🙏🏻

Captain Trips
29-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Oh I noticed we didn’t get beat alright. I LOVED the fact we got a good result. Unlike yourself, who was choking on hibs taking a doing.

Aye, I said it.. choking. Other posters have noticed it aswell

Onto next week for you and some other who will be on the prowl for negative stories from now onwards. Probably be making up absolute ****ing nonsense about Porto ****ging PH gran again or something aswell as we speak.

More of this thinking folk want Hibs to lose pish. Not much need to prowl being 11th and having 5pts from 21. Think it's from and center.