PDA

View Full Version : McGinn

Hibbyradge
28-09-2019, 02:29 PM
I'm watching the Villa game and my sense of loss is acute.

He's playing brilliantly and, as I type this, hes just had a goal disallowed by VAR.

He's getting fouled all over the park, but his ability to keep the ball is incredible.

He's one of my favourite ever Hibs players.

Iain G
28-09-2019, 03:43 PM

He's playing brilliantly and, as I type this, hes just had a goal disallowed by VAR.

He's getting fouled all over the park, but his ability to keep the ball is incredible.

2 things.

We was robbed and he will go onto play for one of the bigger teams if he keeps this up!

Very pleased for him 👍

Marvellous
28-09-2019, 03:44 PM
He's scored again.

$$$$$$$

ancient hibee
28-09-2019, 03:45 PM
He’ll certainly have plenty after him when Villa get relegated.

CloudSquall
28-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Hopefully he gets a (much deserved) move to a bigger team in the Premiership, having Robertson, Tierney and McGinn at the top end of the EPL would be great for Scotland, just our luck that two of them play the same position..

Since452
28-09-2019, 03:51 PM
He'll be at a Man United or Arsenal soon enough. Villa should enjoy him while he's there

28-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Honestly the boy is utter class. Deserves the cash and adulation more than a lot of the cretins who do well in that league. He could be winning champions leagues and he would still be winding up jambos on Twitter because he has an affinity with hibs as well as st Mirren and probably villa now. Met some villa fans on holiday and showed them a pic of me and McGinn and they treated me like royalty. Incredible person and player and I love him

SingaporeHibs
28-09-2019, 03:58 PM
I love John McGinn. What a player. What a joy to have watched his development at Hibs. What a great example he is to all young players, put the effort in and the rewards can be enormous. He’ll also bring Hibs a lot more cash when the inevitable next big move happens for him. Scottish Cup winning Hibs hero.

MWHIBBIES
28-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Dunno why people think we were robbed, we're looking at 10 million minimum when he moves on.

GloryGlory
28-09-2019, 04:01 PM
He'll be at a Man United or Arsenal soon enough. Villa should enjoy him while he's there

Hopefully it's silly* money like £70 million, Hibs getting a good whack of that! :flag:

*PS not that silly when you consider what players go for in the EPL.

1 8 7 5
28-09-2019, 04:03 PM

:agree:

Great post. Super loves the Hibs.

cad
28-09-2019, 05:40 PM
He’ll certainly have plenty after him when Villa get relegated.

The way he keeps the ball his work rate and goals will see more than a few with there chequebooks open next summer, whether Villa stay up or go down his new 5 year contract will count for diddly IMO his stock is rising every game ,I can see him going for a huge chunk of cash,with Hibs getting back way more they sold him for.

BILLYHIBS
28-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Sold him far too cheap

Shudda held out for 5m

I heard Villa looking for 50m?

Porto?

Nothing under 10m :greengrin

Jones28
28-09-2019, 05:46 PM
I wonder how many transactions down the line will see Hibs benefit? Just the one or perhaps more?

weecounty hibby
28-09-2019, 05:47 PM
I miss him. 😭😭

Killiehibbie
28-09-2019, 05:57 PM
Probably the player i've missed the most.

Newry Hibs
28-09-2019, 06:20 PM
What if he loves it at villa and they turn into a top 10 and more team. He might stay for many years.
Is there a cut off point for any sell on?

Hibbyradge
28-09-2019, 06:23 PM
What if he loves it at villa and they turn into a top 10 and more team. He might stay for many years.

Villa will like £50m+ more than SJM loves Villa.

SJM will love £100k+ a week, and Champions League football more than he loves Villa too.

Sergey
28-09-2019, 06:25 PM

It'll be factored into his number of appearances for Villa - usually in increments of 50 league and cup matches, increasing each instalment.

Hibeesforever
28-09-2019, 06:49 PM
Just read that John was given man of the match today, tremendous effort, what an inspiration for the current Hibs players.

The Leith Dutch
28-09-2019, 07:03 PM

I actually think he's a perfect fit for Klopp's Liverpool

DetroitHibs
28-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Just goes to show what a proper work ethic can achieve. He came back after his first season with us, stronger and had bulked up. I read he barely touched the bevy and not a one for the "nights oot" every week. Tremendous player and man.

theonlywayisup
28-09-2019, 07:20 PM
I actually think he's a perfect fit for Klopp's Liverpool

My thoughts exactly. He would be brilliant in their team.

CapitalGreen
28-09-2019, 07:50 PM

Imagine how much greater your sense of loss would be if we had agreed to sell him for only £1.25m

Hibbyradge
28-09-2019, 08:48 PM
Imagine how much greater your sense of loss would be if we had agreed to sell him for only £1.25m

That would have been terrible although I doubt it was ever a possibility.

But it would have been better than letting him walk for nothing at the end of his contract, particularly with all the add ons that are rumoured to be in the deal.

Forza Fred
28-09-2019, 09:03 PM
Just read a BBC report of the game against Burnley.

They refer to him as ‘the Irishman’

Jonnyboy
28-09-2019, 09:10 PM
Just read a BBC report of the game against Burnley.

They refer to him as ‘the Irishman’

I think they mean Hourihane, Fred. It's poorly worded

southsider
29-09-2019, 06:38 AM

We get 20 percent of 50 mill ?

Gaffer1875
29-09-2019, 06:42 AM
We get 20 percent of 50 mill ?

I think it’s 15%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
29-09-2019, 08:19 AM
I wonder how many transactions down the line will see Hibs benefit? Just the one or perhaps more?

It will depend on the wording used in contracts and what deal villa do. If villa have a clause to get more money down the line I would expect some of that to trickle to Hibs too (and probably st mirren).

The Modfather
29-09-2019, 08:25 AM
Dunno why people think we were robbed, we're looking at 10 million minimum when he moves on.

It’s still early in the season, but are you now coming round to the idea that McGinn wouldn’t look out of place, and enhance clubs like Man U, Arsenal and probably even Tottenham?

Hibs4185
29-09-2019, 08:25 AM
Not bad for someone who would only be a bench warmer at celtic. Can’t believe we turned down Celtic’s paltry offers.

The Leith Dutch
29-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Not bad for someone who would only be a bench warmer at celtic. Can’t believe we turned down Celtic’s paltry offers.

It's quite amusing all round.

Overall, we'll be seeing serious money for SJM from the sell on plus we have a player we can support in his career.
Celtic fans meanwhile will be thorough disgusted at losing out on a player who is obviously top class.
And all because they tried to penny pinch and throw their weight around.

Tidy work from Hibs.
Now the trick is to be in a position to make the windfall from his inevitable sell on work well for us.

hibeg
29-09-2019, 08:42 AM
I think it’s 15%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is 15%, but no idea if St Mirren are due any of this.

bigwheel
29-09-2019, 08:45 AM
It is 15%, but no idea if St Mirren are due any of this.

Out of interest - how do you know ??

Scotty Leither
29-09-2019, 08:48 AM
It's quite amusing all round.

Overall, we'll be seeing serious money for SJM from the sell on plus we have a player we can support in his career.
Celtic fans meanwhile will be thorough disgusted at losing out on a player who is obviously top class.
And all because they tried to penny pinch and throw their weight around.

Tidy work from Hibs.
Now the trick is to be in a position to make the windfall from his inevitable sell on work well for us.

Can this be cut and pasted and sent to Peter Lawell?

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2019, 08:49 AM
It’s still early in the season, but are you now coming round to the idea that McGinn wouldn’t look out of place, and enhance clubs like Man U, Arsenal and probably even Tottenham?

Definitely. I don't think I was wrong in saying he still had things to prove in the summer but his performances so far have been absolutely excellent. If Arsenal cant get Ceballos permanently then they should be after McGinn. United should be after him anyway.

hibeg
29-09-2019, 08:50 AM
The figure came from a Hibs director in front of quite a few Hibs fans. Didn’t expand on any further sell on percentages or any kick back to St Mirren.

cad
29-09-2019, 08:59 AM

I dont know if theres a cut of point ,what theres is at Villa is the need to stop shipping stupid goals,plus the guy Wesley I think it is up front is never of his arse I dont think Villa are any where near a top 10 side,its one of those things The Premiership its a quick learning curve by the time you get to grips with it your in all sorts thats not to say they wont but you gotta hit the ground running which John has and he sticks out like a sore thumb all credit to the guy .
McGinn and Grealish make Villa tick I dont know about Liverpool he certainly has the minerals but with Ox and Keita in the wings it would be a hard fit I was more inclined to think hes Spurs material if Erickson goes ,having said that Poch could be away soon as well ,whatever happens it would be great for Hibs to get a few zonks in the bank boost our squad with a bit of quality .

The Modfather
29-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Definitely. I don't think I was wrong in saying he still had things to prove in the summer but his performances so far have been absolutely excellent. If Arsenal cant get Ceballos permanently then they should be after McGinn. United should be after him anyway.

Agreed. Man U should sell Pogba for silly money, buy McGinn for slightly less silly money. Make a profit and probably become a better team overall in the process.

DarlingtonHibee
29-09-2019, 09:29 AM
The figure came from a Hibs director in front of quite a few Hibs fans. Didn’t expand on any further sell on percentages or any kick back to St Mirren.

Surprised a hibs director would reveal that.

Loopz
29-09-2019, 09:42 AM
Surprised a hibs director would reveal that.
No idea if hibeg and I were in the same place but the director did and it was confirmed as 15%

Hibrandenburg
29-09-2019, 09:54 AM
Villa fans are already speculating that he has outgrown them and will move on for big bucks soon. The thread about him on Villa Talk is quite a read.

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2019, 10:01 AM
Agreed. Man U should sell Pogba for silly money, buy McGinn for slightly less silly money. Make a profit and probably become a better team overall in the process.

McGinn isn't a better player than Pogba, though. Pogba is a top class player, United are right to fight to keep him. Its pish like Fred and McTominay alongside him that is the issue.

The Spaceman
29-09-2019, 10:11 AM
Absolutely loving watching probably my favourite ever Hibs player flourish on one of the biggest stages of them all.

He deserves absolutely everything. He is now a complete footballer.

My favourite memories watching McGinn fro Hibs:

20 yard screamer at Ibrox to help us win 2-1. First time I have seen us win there.
Scoring the goal against Asteras Tripolis to put us through to the next round.
Watching him lift the Scottish Cup at Hampden after yet another dominating display.

EI255
29-09-2019, 10:18 AM
He’ll certainly have plenty after him when Villa get relegated.When they get relegated???

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Torto7
29-09-2019, 10:19 AM
McGinn isn't a better player than Pogba, though. Pogba is a top class player, United are right to fight to keep him. Its pish like Fred and McTominay alongside him that is the issue.

Utter guff. Pogba and his attitude is a big part of their problem.

ancient hibee
29-09-2019, 10:34 AM
When they get relegated???

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Tends to happen if you don't win matches that you should.:greengrin

The Modfather
29-09-2019, 10:35 AM

He’s not, but being a good individual player doesn’t always equate to making a better team. Pogba has had at least as many anonymous games for Man U as he has been the match winner. Same with Ozil. McGinn isn’t as talented head to head as those two but for contributing to the team on a consistent basis and making the team better than the sum of their parts I’d pick McGinn over both. That’s even before you get into value for money and Pogba & Ozil being amongst the best paid players in the world.

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Utter guff. Pogba and his attitude is a big part of their problem.

No, your post us ''utter guff''

You think when they are playing guys like Phil Jones, Ashley Young, Jesse Lingard, Fred, McTominay and Pereira that Pogbas attitude is their biggest problem?

Don't believe everything you read in the papers about him, a little digging will show he is the least of their problems. Top player.

hibeg
29-09-2019, 04:06 PM
No idea if hibeg and I were in the same place but the director did and it was confirmed as 15%
Yes Loopz, I reckon it must have been the same place a few weeks ago. I would suspect a few more add ons negotiated if Rod Petrie was at the table !!

Here’s Lucy!
29-09-2019, 04:18 PM
He would fit in nicely at Liverpool, he’s that good.

Sir David Gray
29-09-2019, 04:32 PM
He would fit in nicely at Liverpool, he’s that good.

I really really hope he doesn't sign for Liverpool! :sick:

Here’s Lucy!
29-09-2019, 04:45 PM
I really really hope he doesn't sign for Liverpool! :sick:

You're a Manchester City man, aren't you David?

Sir David Gray
29-09-2019, 04:48 PM
You're a Manchester City man, aren't you David?

Nope.

Here’s Lucy!
29-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Nope.

Everton?

Sir David Gray
29-09-2019, 05:02 PM
Everton?

No. I have a passing interest in Manchester Utd although I just generally dislike Liverpool more than I like any other English team.

HoboHarry
29-09-2019, 05:13 PM
I seem to recall Steve Bruce being quoted as saying the sell on clauses were eye watering. 15% doesn't seem to be eye watering to my mind....

Here’s Lucy!
29-09-2019, 05:22 PM
No. I have a passing interest in Manchester Utd although I just generally dislike Liverpool more than I like any other English team.

Right. :aok:

I don't really have an ‘English team’ myself but, if pushed, it would probably be QPR. The team I really dislike however, is Chelsea.

hibeg
29-09-2019, 05:30 PM
I seem to recall Steve Bruce being quoted as saying the sell on clauses were eye watering. 15% doesn't seem to be eye watering to my mind....

As previously mentioned, this is only one clause , there could be/probably are others.

If Steve Bruce quoted clauses, that implies more than one.

Hibbyradge
29-09-2019, 05:34 PM

I think it's a hibs.net or internet rumour.

There's nothing to be found online which has him saying it.

HoboHarry
29-09-2019, 08:55 PM

Fair enough. Serves me right for believing s***e I read on this site....😂

The_Horde
29-09-2019, 09:05 PM

Pretty sure there is substance to it. I'm sure he said it on talksport or some such a while back.

Here’s Lucy!
29-09-2019, 09:11 PM
SUPER JOHN McGINN!!!

That’s all.

Hibbyradge
29-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Pretty sure there is substance to it. I'm sure he said it on talksport or some such a while back.

Good stuff. I hope you're right.

calumhibee1
29-09-2019, 09:18 PM
Sky’s the limit for SJM. One of these guys that you expect to go anywhere and become their best player through sheer desire. And of course no lack of ability.

The 90+2
29-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Sky’s the limit for SJM. One of these guys that you expect to go anywhere and become their best player through sheer desire. And of course no lack of ability.

Man Utd in January.

calumhibee1
29-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Man Utd in January.

I want to see him go to Liverpool but Man Utd and Arsenal should both be doing everything they can to get him imo. He’d single handedly increase their chances of getting back into the top four massively.

29-09-2019, 09:26 PM
I will support any club SJM goes to

Here’s Lucy!
29-09-2019, 09:33 PM

Ooooh! you little liar!

What if it was the Yams?

The 90+2
29-09-2019, 09:36 PM
I want to see him go to Liverpool but Man Utd and Arsenal should both be doing everything they can to get him imo. He’d single handedly increase their chances of getting back into the top four massively.

Sir Alex is a massive fan of his, I do agree he would do s great job for Liverpool and replace the likes of Henderson. Utd need a player like McGinn though and he would allow Pogba to play further forward. Mental that we’re even having the conversation that he’s in that bracket but he is without a doubt.

Mibbes Aye
29-09-2019, 10:22 PM
Think it is clear we take a healthy swedge if and when SJM moves on from Villa. If we have tail-on agreements to future deals then all the better.

Given the Steven Fletcher deal where every club he ever moves to has to give us a king's ransom and if he ever wins the lottery then he gives 50% to the Community Foundation and the Academy, then I think it is fair to say RP saw a decent deal for SJM.

The rest is up to him. He is benefiting from playing higher up the park, scoring goals and getting rightful attention.

He is a loyal player, to his credit, but it looks like he can go up a tier now he is showing in the EPL.

Hibbyradge
29-09-2019, 10:36 PM
Man Utd in January.

He won't leave mid-season.

He won't want to, but equally, he won't allowed to by Villa.

DarlingtonHibee
29-09-2019, 10:42 PM

Five years contract, villa can name their price

Hibbyradge
29-09-2019, 10:46 PM
Five years contract, villa can name their price

Exactly.

But more importantly, they can keep him to help them stay in the EPL. If they do stay up, they could be tempted by a very big offer, assuming SJM wants a move.

SJNB Hibby
30-09-2019, 09:46 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/sep/30/premier-league-10-talking-points-from-weekend-action

High praise from the Guardian:aok:

JeMeSouviens
30-09-2019, 10:01 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/sep/30/premier-league-10-talking-points-from-weekend-action

High praise from the Guardian:aok:

"With the exception of Kevin De Bruyne it is hard to find a midfielder in better form"

:agree::not worth

Centre Hawf
30-09-2019, 10:46 AM
He would walk into any team maybe bar Man City's and even then I'm doubting myself on that. The boy can go as far as he wants and we all know his head is screwed on, I for one cannot wait to see him strut his stuff in the Champions League for whoever takes him.

makaveli1875
30-09-2019, 10:59 AM
Everytime iv watched him for Villa iv thought thank **** he never went to Celtic

MagicSwirlingShip
30-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Would prefer him to go to Liverpool than any other team.

They have a history of great Scottish players, and their current success is built around a core of British players.

He would be a more than able replacement for Milner, who despite being seemingly immortal will be checking out soon.

Since452
30-09-2019, 11:05 AM
Think he'd be exactly what Man United need. Not had a player like that since Keane

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 11:17 AM

True. Utd may **** themselves and over spend in Jan though.

Not In The Know
30-09-2019, 03:47 PM
True. Utd may **** themselves and over spend in Jan though.

Daily Mail mentioning a supposed 25% sell on fee for us.... ££££:greengrin:greengrin

hibee-boys
30-09-2019, 04:36 PM

This. I've never had an 'English' team but Villa is the 2nd result I keep an eye on at the weekend. Wherever he goes I will follow!:)

hibee-boys
30-09-2019, 04:41 PM
I can't see it being as high as 25%, if it is it would take silly money for Villa to let him go whilst he's on a 5 year contract. How would they replace him?

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 04:42 PM
I can't see it being as high as 25%, if it is it would take silly money for Villa to let him go whilst he's on a 5 year contract. How would they replace him?

They probably never imagined for a minute when spending £3.5m for him that his value would soar as much ever.

Diclonius
30-09-2019, 04:46 PM

If it's less than 25% then the "amazing sell on clauses in exchange for low fee" thing is guff.

The_Horde
30-09-2019, 04:54 PM

Don't think they'd complain that much, considering how much of a steal they got.

Grealish was rated at 30+ million when he joined and SJM is now majorly outperforming him.

Swedish hibee
30-09-2019, 10:15 PM
He loves the Hibs. And we love him.

Joe6-2
30-09-2019, 10:46 PM

They won’t, probably can’t and we didn’t

Captain Trips
30-09-2019, 10:55 PM
We was robbed.

monktonharp
01-10-2019, 12:29 AM
Sir Alex is a massive fan of his, I do agree he would do s great job for Liverpool and replace the likes of Henderson. Utd need a player like McGinn though and he would allow Pogba to play further forward. Mental that we’re even having the conversation that he’s in that bracket but he is without a doubt.if Henderson can still do crosses like the 2 in the SC.Cup final, I'm sure McGinn would be happy to be in his team:wink:

CLASS OF 72 -73
01-10-2019, 05:15 AM
Think he'd be exactly what Man United need. Not had a player like that since Keane

He is what Man Un need but United need a lot more than a McGinn.
United will take years to get anywhere near where they were. Liverpool all day long.

mjhibby
01-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Just watched the villa highlights and sjm looks every inch a top 6 player. Exactly what any team apart from Liverpool and citeh need. From third down sjm would slot right in. He looks like he is more if a goal threat and playing almost as a no 10. He wasn't named as players player and fans player of the year for nothing. Got goosebumps listening to villa fans belting out we've got mcginn. Obviously it will be great for us if he moves for Megabucks but more importantly I'd love to see him fulfil his potential and be so happy if he lined up for spurs or the like. There must be a load of teams looking at him. My guess is hell end up at Leicester under Rodgers for around £50m. Just a hunch. Remember they have the McGuire dosh.

mjhibby
01-10-2019, 05:52 PM

I'm sure Fletcher was either 15 or 20% covering two transfers so I wouldn't be surprised if it's 20%. Whatever it is we will probably increase our cash that year by around 50%. No point thinking about it till it happens then whoever is in charge at Hibs then will surely be able to sign two or three quality players to see us battling for third. Let's wait until it happens before we get too carried away.

SMAXXA
01-10-2019, 06:01 PM
I'm sure Fletcher was either 15 or 20% covering two transfers so I wouldn't be surprised if it's 20%. Whatever it is we will probably increase our cash that year by around 50%. No point thinking about it till it happens then whoever is in charge at Hibs then will surely be able to sign two or three quality players to see us battling for third. Let's wait until it happens before we get too carried away.

It’s 15%

Leith Green
01-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Be unreal to get 7.5 million for a player we sold 2 before. That should be heavily invested in the first team as far as im concerned.. Get all the next mcginns etc signed up

DetroitHibs
01-10-2019, 08:00 PM
It’s irrelevant what we get for SJM. It will never be disclosed or even talked about by the club and we’ll be left to speculate and argue amongst ourselves.

Michael
01-10-2019, 08:05 PM
It’s irrelevant what we get for SJM. It will never be disclosed or even talked about by the club and we’ll be left to speculate and argue amongst ourselves.

I wouldn't say it was irrelevant. If we get £10m it's quite a difference from £1m.

B.H.F.C
01-10-2019, 08:23 PM

The fact they won’t disclose it, which they shouldn’t, doesn’t make it irrelevant.

HFC93
01-10-2019, 08:58 PM

It would likely break the record fee we've taken for a player. Far from irrelevant.

Wembley67
01-10-2019, 09:18 PM

How will it not be disclosed as it will be in the accounts???

Here’s Lucy!
01-10-2019, 09:31 PM
How will it not be disclosed as it will be in the accounts???

Of course, you are correct.:aok:

Some folk clearly type with their eyes shut.

Well said, Mister Wembley.

DetroitHibs
02-10-2019, 12:29 AM
I just don’t think a large chunk will get spent on players and be disclosed. As it stands, can anyone say with certainty how much McGinn was sold for and how much we got if anything for Villa being promoted. It’s all just speculation.

MWHIBBIES
02-10-2019, 05:15 AM
I just don’t think a large chunk will get spent on players and be disclosed. As it stands, can anyone say with certainty how much McGinn was sold for and how much we got if anything for Villa being promoted. It’s all just speculation.

How would Hibs benefit from announcing how much money we had to spend?

Since452
02-10-2019, 06:09 AM

We wouldn't at all. Any player we went in for would have a premium added

DetroitHibs
02-10-2019, 06:14 AM

Clubs and agents will know what we have to spend, it’s naive to think otherwise. I just think we are kidding ourselves on if we thing the club would invest millions in to the team if we get £10 + million from the deal. It will be business as usual with maybe 1-2 decent signings, but not significant enough to set us up for years to come.

MWHIBBIES
02-10-2019, 06:19 AM
Clubs and agents will know what we have to spend, it’s naive to think otherwise. I just think we are kidding ourselves on if we thing the club would invest millions in to the team if we get £10 + million from the deal. It will be business as usual with maybe 1-2 decent signings, but not significant enough to set us up for years to come.

An entire years worth of money in one go would make a big difference to Hibs in many ways. Adding 1 million to the transfer budget for 10 years would be amazing and definitely increase the standard of signing.

blackpoolhibs
02-10-2019, 06:27 AM
An entire years worth of money in one go would make a big difference to Hibs in many ways. Adding 1 million to the transfer budget for 10 years would be amazing and definitely increase the standard of signing.

That all depends on who spends it.

Diclonius
02-10-2019, 07:21 AM
I'm getting a horrible feeling that if we get a massive sell on for McGinn it'll all go into more infrastructure.

Brightside
02-10-2019, 07:35 AM
The Meatball Dome will be fantastic for the women to play in!

Stuart93
02-10-2019, 07:36 AM
I'm getting a horrible feeling that if we get a massive sell on for McGinn it'll all go into more infrastructure.

He’s no even been sold by villa yet and you’re already predicting where it’s going

Mental

green with envy
02-10-2019, 08:30 AM
He’s no even been sold by villa yet and you’re already predicting where it’s going

Mental

Absolutely.:agree:

Since452
02-10-2019, 09:12 AM

Mental

Hecky out

Gmack7
02-10-2019, 09:17 AM
have we filled the corners in yet, petrieheckyron out

MacGruber
02-10-2019, 09:35 AM
If we get say 10 million for McGinn sell on - Ron Gordon pockets 6 mill to cover his purchase of the club, another million to cover his initial 7 figure investment and another 2.75 million for his own profit. Hibs will get 0.25 million to spend on a couple of boys from Ebbsfleet United.

.... we're all thinking it.....

Hibbyradge
02-10-2019, 09:35 AM

Mental

It's a certainty that Ron Gordon will pocket it all.

(I have no doubt that this will be repeated in the future so remember where you heard it first).

Edit: And you heard it first in the post above this one! :hilarious

calumhibee1
02-10-2019, 09:50 AM
If we get say 10 million for McGinn sell on - Ron Gordon pockets 6 mill to cover his purchase of the club, another million to cover his initial 7 figure investment and another 2.75 million for his own profit. Hibs will get 0.25 million to spend on a couple of boys from Ebbsfleet United.

🧐

Heisenberg
02-10-2019, 10:09 AM

No, we definitely aren’t 😂

s.a.m
02-10-2019, 03:20 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2019/oct/02/john-mcginn-aston-villa-midfielder

Gmack7
02-10-2019, 04:03 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2019/oct/02/john-mcginn-aston-villa-midfielder

Thats a good read

HFC93
02-10-2019, 04:06 PM
Bemoaning the potential windfall from a transfer of another team’s player, which might not happen, and how it will wasted is probably peak hibs.net doom and gloom.

The 90+2
02-10-2019, 04:13 PM
Bemoaning the potential windfall from a transfer of another team’s player, which might not happen, and how it will wasted is probably peak hibs.net doom and gloom.

Nobody has done that. I think you’ve missed the sarcasm.

hfc rd
02-10-2019, 04:31 PM

That now explains why he wanted to buy us! 😅

No wonder why we haven’t heard a peep from him for quite some time since he took over

RoYO!
02-10-2019, 04:34 PM

Or 2.5mil for each corner :D

MWHIBBIES
02-10-2019, 04:42 PM

Just you pal

MacGruber
02-10-2019, 05:55 PM
Just you pal

Relax bud, tongue in cheek 😅

... we'll get another 0.25 mill to purge Yeovil 😁

MWHIBBIES
02-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Relax bud, tongue in cheek 😅

... we'll get another 0.25 mill to purge Yeovil 😁

If it's for another excellent young fullback then yes please.

weecounty hibby
05-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Mirror on line suggesting that Sir Alex is trying to persuade Manchester United to sign Super John. If so let's hope that Aston Villa hold out for Harry McGuire levels of cash