PDA

View Full Version : Doidge

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Heisenberg
28-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Thought he was good today. Made a nuisance of himself, held it up and flicked it on a lot more effectively than I was expecting. Can’t see Flo getting back in if we stick with one up top.

SANH 1875
28-09-2019, 01:50 PM
better than good, thought he was excellent against an absolute mountain. Fantastic work rate right to the end.

JE89
Thought he was good today. Made a nuisance of himself, held it up and flicked it on a lot more effectively than I was expecting. Can’t see Flo getting back in if we stick with one up top.

Thought he was our best player. Gave everything and was very vocal in picking others up.

Still got called a welsh prick by the guy behind me about 3 times though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
Said it on the match thread. He was very good. Had almost no service but battled away, made life difficult for them and won his fair share. Should have been MOTM.

He'll sleep tonight.

B.H.F.C
Same as Kilmarnock on Wednesday, he wins more than his fairer share. We need players closer to him though.

SMAXXA
28-09-2019, 01:52 PM
1 up top has to be him not Kamberi

Gloucester Hibs
28-09-2019, 01:53 PM
I’d have given him MOTM, if we gone with him as the lone striker v Hearts it could’ve been a different story.

MWHIBBIES
28-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Terrific shift, stopped them comfortably playing from back all day

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Had a great game. He looked awful on Wednesday. What a transformation.

PPZPOL
28-09-2019, 01:55 PM
He’s miles better than Kamberi in that role.

Heckys Wheel
28-09-2019, 01:56 PM

Thought he was equally as good on Wednesday. Exactly what we need.

Percy Vere

He was very good. Great hold up play and proper nuisance.

churchie16

What game were you at on Wednesday mate the last 2 games he’s played very very well get a striker close to him and you have a player there.

Coco Bryce
28-09-2019, 01:59 PM
He looks no bad considering his preferred sport is basketball 😁

gazzag70
28-09-2019, 01:59 PM
I think Doidge could be a great player for us in a more attack minded team. I would love to see him and Kamberi form a partnership however that seems unlikely with the way Heckingbottom sets up the team.The forwards get no service whatsoever

we are hibs
28-09-2019, 02:01 PM
Play him and flo together

Diclonius
28-09-2019, 02:03 PM
The hysteria around him being ***** was founded on nothing and if we pair him with Kamberi they'll do very well.

Aldo
28-09-2019, 02:06 PM

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 02:08 PM

Even playing Flo from the left. Horgan and Middleton aren’t doing enough.

hibee_girl
28-09-2019, 02:09 PM

:agree:

Shrekko
28-09-2019, 02:10 PM
If he’d started in the derby we’d have won I think. Today showed why.

Wheat Hound
28-09-2019, 02:11 PM
MotM for me today. A hell of a shift. Needs a partner though

makaveli1875
28-09-2019, 02:14 PM
MotM for me today. A hell of a shift. Needs a partner though

Its between Flo and Shaw , worth giving Shaw a shot .

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 02:24 PM
The hysteria around him being ***** was founded on nothing and if we pair him with Kamberi they'll do very well.

Calm down, it’s one game. He’s showed something today that he hasn’t yet, which is a bit of quality. If he can keep it up then we have a player on our hands. Need to start seeing some goals, and fast.

Forza Fred
28-09-2019, 02:25 PM
He played well today against the Celtic defence.Certainly put himself about, and can't fault his effort.

heretoday
28-09-2019, 02:27 PM
He was up against a couple of giants. He did OK.

Vault Boy
28-09-2019, 02:28 PM
He was decent today, nothing more IMO but it's a step in the right direction.

hfc rd
28-09-2019, 02:38 PM
Thought he worked his socks off today. Never stopped, held it up and linked up really well with the midfield.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 02:41 PM
He was excellent today. I actually think we’ve got a very good player on our hands.

lucky
28-09-2019, 02:43 PM
He worked hard, surely the minimum we expect from players, and put himself about but as CF he did not have and effort on goal. But overall this was a big improvement on his previous games.

Heckys Wheel
28-09-2019, 02:43 PM
He was excellent today. I actually think we’ve got a very good player on our hands.

I agree. Has all the attributes to be a big player for us. Reminds me of Steven Fletcher.

Green Badger
28-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Definite MOTM for me, hold up play was excellent. As others have said, be good to see him playing with Flo just off.

He won a lot of headers today but quite often no-one running beyond or close enough to pick up the ball.

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 02:46 PM
I agree. Has all the attributes to be a big player for us. Reminds me of Steven Fletcher.

Aye, because he looks like him. That would be about the height of it 😂

Shrekko
28-09-2019, 02:48 PM
Aye, because he looks like him. That would be about the height of it 😂

You honestly can’t see the similarities in style?

HibbyAndy
28-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Credit where it's due I thought he was outstanding

B.H.F.C
He worked hard, surely the minimum we expect from players, and put himself about but as CF he did not have and effort on goal. But overall this was a big improvement on his previous games.

He did have an effort in the second half and it was his good run that led to our goal. He was scrapping against a back four with very little support. Won a lot of headers but nobody was close enough to him, just like Wednesday.

He couldn’t have done any more today. Strikers need service.

Since452
Doidge and James looking like very good signings

MrRobot
very good game today.

hibby6270
28-09-2019, 02:50 PM
He was a bloody menace today. Gave their defence a tough time. But what’s the point of having him winning balls to flick 9n with his head if nobody is up there to support him. Needs a partner and he’ll be even more effective.:agree:

SingaporeHibs
28-09-2019, 02:51 PM
Credit where it is due, he did well today. Hecky needs to find his way to a formation that allows 2 upfront. Would be good to see if Flo and Doidge can build a partnership

Heckys Wheel
Doidge and James looking like very good signings

I put Hallberg up there as well. I don’t think Vella has found his feet yet but having spent so long at one club, it’s maybe no surprise it’s taking him longer.

One Day
better than good, thought he was excellent against an absolute mountain. Fantastic work rate right to the end.

He was knackered for the last 15 or so thought he might have been replaced by Kamberi. That's not a criticism, he put in a good shift

Posh Hibby
28-09-2019, 02:55 PM

Agree. Thought he was excellent. Was immense in the air but also did well with the ball at his feet. Think he'll prove to be a good signing.

Roxyhibee
28-09-2019, 02:56 PM
A lot of good / improved performances today but Doidge nicks MOTM for me.

Never stopped being a pest, got his head to a lot of high ones and held up play just enough to give us a bit breathing space at crucial times.

If he’d started last Sunday, we would have likely won that match.

sean04
28-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Thought he was superb, battled, was a real handful, good lay offs to bring other players into the game. Just needs to add goals

Fritz
28-09-2019, 03:07 PM
Man of the match for me, put in a great shift. Won a lot in the air and if we'd had people making runs off him we might have made more of that. Celtc were double teaming him at the end, Brown deliberately blocking him off. Of course he got no protection from Clancy...

A Hi-Bee
28-09-2019, 03:14 PM

Fletcher was one of the most technically gifted players at E.R. over the last 10 or twenty years, Doige may turn out usfull but he will never be even close to Steven Fletcher.

A Hi-Bee
28-09-2019, 03:16 PM
A lot of good / improved performances today but Doidge nicks MOTM for me.

Never stopped being a pest, got his head to a lot of high ones and held up play just enough to give us a bit breathing space at crucial times.

If he’d started last Sunday, we would have likely won that match.

Nah-Whittaker was my man of the match, followed by Scott Allan.

eastmainsmsh
28-09-2019, 03:22 PM

👍Agree bud

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 03:30 PM

I said the exact same about fletcher. Has a very similar playing style to him.

nellio
28-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Thought he was great today. Best game I've seen him play.

BlackSheep
28-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Doidge did his job perfectly today, much the same as at Killie... the rubbish thing tho is, half of his flick ons ended up for no one. No fault of his, but a prefect example of why we need wingers who stick up top and have pace to get on the end of them, or a second striker to get on the end of them..

I hope Hecky sees this and at least tries Kamberi and Doidge for a wee run of games.

Crab apple
28-09-2019, 03:37 PM
He did very well today and works hard.

Baldy Foghorn
28-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Infuriating to see him winning headers and nobody anticipating the knock downs. One up front is brutal

ancient hibee
28-09-2019, 03:40 PM
He has no pace at all.Allan was running past him with the ball.

Heisenberg
28-09-2019, 03:42 PM
He has no pace at all.Allan was running past him with the ball.

He’s clearly not a quick striker. What he does bring us is plenty fight and he actually makes the ball stick, unlike Kamberi.

Speedy
28-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Did well today. Not convinced he's a footballer but he could do a job as a target man. Needs support if we're going to play those tactics.

scotiaf
28-09-2019, 04:23 PM

He did have one shot that was saved by Fraser, possibly would have been better rolling it to Allan though.

inglisavhibs
28-09-2019, 04:27 PM

Yes he did, I’ve been his biggest critic but today in a very difficult match he was very good.

jeffers
28-09-2019, 04:45 PM
Thought he was decent today, but still not convinced we'll get goals out of him. I'd like to see him played as his previous manager did then see if things change. He's not a target man , but made a decent fist of it today and actually wins some headers, something Flo rarely does, but not much point in him winning headers if noone anticipates them.

Maybe playing Flo again wider instead of Middleton and working with Doidge is the way to go.

Robbo6-2
28-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Hats off to the big man today.

Played really well and lead the line brilliantly.

Good to see him get a run in the team

Partyraiser
28-09-2019, 05:23 PM
I thought the big man done great today! He won some amount of headers, it was a shame, more often than not, nobody was taking a gamble and trying to play off him.

BILLYHIBS
28-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Why not try Doidge and Flo upfront together and see if that gives us a cutting edge?

Now who is going to provide the crosses?

lucky
28-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Yes he did, I’ve been his biggest critic but today in a very difficult match he was very good.

I remember it now but hardly worth mentioning as it trickled straight to Foster. But he did lead the line well but had no goal threat

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 05:37 PM
But he did lead the line well but had no goal threat

Or service. It’s clear he’s good in the air. Give him something to attack.

Jones28
28-09-2019, 05:37 PM

Absolutely. Both work their socks off, let Doidge do the dirty work and give the ball to Flo to finish.

matty_f
28-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Doidge played well today, hard job working on your own up front against Celtc but he kept at it.

Baldy Foghorn
29-09-2019, 06:42 AM
Doidge played well today, hard job working on your own up front against Celtc but he kept at it.

Put a shift in Matty, but infuriating to see him win so many headers, and nobody gambling to go behind him. We need to stop this one of front nonsense, we are far more dangerous with two up front.

hibbydad
29-09-2019, 07:07 AM
Put a shift in Matty, but infuriating to see him win so many headers, and nobody gambling to go behind him. We need to stop this one of front nonsense, we are far more dangerous with two up front.
You are so right my friend Baldy I have been saying that for weeks

The_Horde
29-09-2019, 07:08 AM

Yes he did.

The_Horde
29-09-2019, 07:13 AM
Thought he was decent today, but still not convinced we'll get goals out of him. I'd like to see him played as his previous manager did then see if things change. He's not a target man , but made a decent fist of it today and actually wins some headers, something Flo rarely does, but not much point in him winning headers if noone anticipates them.

Maybe playing Flo again wider instead of Middleton and working with Doidge is the way to go.

I think there's definitely goals in him. But we've got a huge problem in the chance creating department right now. We could have Lewandowski and he'd probably be lucky to hit double figures.

theonlywayisup
29-09-2019, 07:21 AM
I've always thought that there was a player in Doidge and was surprised that he got dropped so quickly. Would like to see two up front but think a Keatings style player is needed rather than Kamberi.

CMurdoch
29-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Doidge was my man of the match. Put in a big shift up front, held the ball up and won headers but had no help anywhere near him.
He and Hibs now need Kamberi playing on the left and getting close to and playing off him.
They are both good strikers but playing one up front and leaving them isolated has not and will not bring goals.

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2019, 12:26 PM
What formation do we play that allows 2 upfront? Allan doesn't fit anywhere in a 442 so not that. We could play 5212 but where do the wingers fit into that?

One up front is definitely the way to go, our execution of it just has to improve.

Captain Trips
29-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Doidge is a good player.

B.H.F.C
29-09-2019, 12:29 PM
What formation do we play that allows 2 upfront? Allan doesn't fit anywhere in a 442 so not that. We could play 5212 but where do the wingers fit into that?

One up front is definitely the way to go, our execution of it just has to improve.

If the players are struggling to execute it, as they are, maybe that suggests it’s not the way to go.

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2019, 12:35 PM
If the players are struggling to execute it, as they are, maybe that suggests it’s not the way to go.

Or maybe these things take time and hard work? Executed it very well yesterday considering we had 5/6 first team players missing through injury.

B.H.F.C
29-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Or maybe these things take time and hard work? Executed it very well yesterday considering we had 5/6 first team players missing through injury.

We executed it well from a defensive point of view but it isn’t allowing us to be anywhere threatening enough. It isn’t giving us any balance between attack and defence.

Unseen work
29-09-2019, 12:46 PM

I think at the moment the issue is our wingers aren’t producing.

Horgan and Middleton, both on their day are handfuls and good players but they’ve not done it for weeks. This has forced Mallan to play right mid and whilst very good on the ball and a goal threat, doesn’t stretch the game or get beyond his full back.

If we had a right winger with pace and aggression our whole dynamic would change.

441, 4231, 433 or however you look at it need players with pace to stretch the game. I think with Mallan right mid he likes the midfield being a bit more secure as he is good technically and will tuck in and help the middle two.

Boyle is back after the break but god knows what sort of player he will be, I think a right winger will be high on the wish list in January. A big physical one with pace and aggression.

CMurdoch
29-09-2019, 12:55 PM

Kamberi can be played on the left but close enough to Doidge to be able to link with him. Doidge should be playing in the box between the posts. This is a little different from a classic 2 up but would give us more of a chance of scoring than we presently have.

*Horgan can be on the bench to stop us being a man short.

Smartie
29-09-2019, 12:58 PM

352 or a diamond would be the formations that I think would suit our players best. Obviously both have their weaknesses and there are issues we have regarding squeezing our players into them but I think those 2 are our closest fit.

I think we're in a tough place player and formation wise in that if we play 1 up front we can compete in midfield but struggle in the final third but if we play 2 strikers we'll struggle to get meaningful service to them (ie not lumps up the park).

At least we've now discovered that if we need to we can be a bit tighter and tougher to just play through.

gorgie greens
30-09-2019, 08:45 AM
what a change to see one of our strikers challenging and winning balls in the air , felt he played the lone striker role really well, would love to see LG or someone similar playing off him , i dont think he is a 20 goal a season man but people playing off him could well be.

Anthony Soprano
30-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Play Kamberi and Doidge up top together

4-1-2-1-2 Diamond

Maxwell - GK

James -RB
Porteous -CB
Hanlon -CB
Stevenson -LB

Vela/Hallberg -CDM
Boyle (when fit) -RM
Middleton -LM
Allan -CAM

Kamberi -ST
Doidge -ST

Subs - Marciano, Jackson, Whittaker, Mallan, Murray, Horgan, Shaw

sean04
30-09-2019, 09:23 AM
I think Kamberi coming off the left like we did with mcnulty last year would be good

bigwheel
30-09-2019, 09:26 AM
I think Kamberi coming off the left like we did with mcnulty last year would be good

The current system relies on the wide players to track back and defend ..do you see Kamberi working as hard at this as Middleton did at the weekend ?

500miles
30-09-2019, 09:43 AM
The current system relies on the wide players to track back and defend ..do you see Kamberi working as hard at this as Middleton did at the weekend ?

Harder than Middleton? Aye, definitely.

bigwheel
30-09-2019, 09:49 AM
Harder than Middleton? Aye, definitely.

Really? I thought Middleton tracked back very well on Saturday ....

sean04
30-09-2019, 10:09 AM

I think he would track back. I was thinking more in the attacking sense. Someone to anticipate Doidge flicks and knock downs. There was an time in the 2nd half were the ball was played up to Doidge and he was battling with brown and the big center half and they all missed it, if Horgan has anticipated that he could’ve been in on goals

bigwheel
30-09-2019, 10:25 AM
I think he would track back. I was thinking more in the attacking sense. Someone to anticipate Doidge flicks and knock downs. There was an time in the 2nd half were the ball was played up to Doidge and he was battling with brown and the big center half and they all missed it, if Horgan has anticipated that he could’ve been in on goals

It was certainly crying out for someone gambling on Doidge winning those headers ...

I’ve never seen Kamberi do that workhorse role too many times - would be interesting to see

we are hibs
30-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Really? I thought Middleton tracked back very well on Saturday ....

He didnt for their goal.

Mr_F
30-09-2019, 10:59 AM

GK

Porto Jackson Hanlon

James/Naismith Vela Allan Hallberg Stevenson

Doidge Flo

Steven79
30-09-2019, 11:14 AM
GK

Porto Jackson Hanlon

James/Naismith Vela Allan Hallberg Stevenson

Doidge Flo

Against the weaker sides at home I would have Middleton on the left instead.

Also I would be tempted to give Whittaker a chance at sweeper as I think he would do well.

MWHIBBIES
30-09-2019, 11:23 AM

Also I would be tempted to give Whittaker a chance at sweeper as I think he would do well.

I don't really think we should be trying a totally new formation to try Whittaker in a role he's never played. Just play him DM

bigwheel
30-09-2019, 11:37 AM
He didnt for their goal.

That’s fair. But our whole team set up for a drop ball .. wasn’t just Middleton out of position there ...

Mr_F
30-09-2019, 12:25 PM

We currently are 1 of the weakest sides in the league :rolleyes:

RossScott1991
30-09-2019, 12:40 PM
He said: “When I first came in, I was probably doing things that I wasn’t good at – not the stuff I was brought to the club to do. Now I’m playing to my strengths, doing what I’m good at. It’s about getting on the same wavelength as your team-mates, as well. They know exactly what I like now and we’re working every day on the training pitch on that. I think I’m coming into my own.

‘It’s 100 per cent about me not trying too hard now. When you play with Scotty Allan and Flo Kamberi at first, they’re very technical players.

“I’m probably not as technical as those two – but I work really hard for the football club. The harder you work, the luckier you get. That’s always been one of my strengths.”

Doidge revealed he’d turned a deaf ear to the criticism directed at him although he’s not been alone with Heckingbottom himself facing calls for his head as Hibs slipped down the table. He said: “It’s obviously not my fault that they paid that money! I just keep my head down and work as hard as possible, try not to think about that kind of thing.”

The Welshman did concede he’d heard “little whispers and stuff” of what was being said about him, but revealed: “I didn’t see much of it because, like a lot of footballers, I make good use for the mute button!

“As a footballer, you get it all the time. You have to let it go in one ear and out the other. You know yourself when you’re not doing great. It’s then about digging in and showing character to come out the other side.”

jacomo
30-09-2019, 08:55 PM

You are too dogmatic about this imo.

I know that playing a partnership up front feels very old fashioned to you, but tactics come and go with time.

We could, for example, play a midfield diamond or 352 to accommodate Allan behind the strikers.

Here’s Lucy!
30-09-2019, 09:39 PM

I know that playing a partnership up front feels very old fashioned to you, but tactics come and go with time.

We could, for example, play a midfield diamond or 352 to accommodate Allan behind the strikers.

I agree with you.

Two (aye, two) is the way forward. We are traditionally an attacking side so, how come this tool (Heckingbottom) is allowed to come in here and change things from being the ‘Hibs way’.

He can just get lost, that’s what I say.

BILLYHIBS
30-09-2019, 09:46 PM
I agree with you.

Two (aye, two) is the way forward. We are traditionally an attacking side so, how come this tool (Heckingbottom) is allowed to come in here and change things from being the ‘Hibs way’.

He can just get lost, that’s what I say.

Caution on Saturday versus The Sheep away then Doidge Kamberi and a winger up front versus our fellow strugglers is what I say!

If it doesn’t work Hecky gets punted

Win win!

Maybe that is what he is worried about?

MWHIBBIES
01-10-2019, 05:53 AM

I know they come and go with time. The idea that 2 strikers automatically scores more goals should go and stay away though because it isn't true.

Hibeesmad
01-10-2019, 06:21 AM
I know they come and go with time. The idea that 2 strikers automatically scores more goals should go and stay away though because it isn't true.

As much as I think a 3-5-2 would work with the players we have, I agree that playing 1 up front would be the way to go. Without creativity we are not going to score goals, the more creative players playing the better.

The_Horde
01-10-2019, 06:37 AM

It has done in our most recent history. Whilst I'll agree that 2 up top is pretty much a thing of the past in most leagues, our league is not most leagues.

There's absolutely next to no point playing 1 in behind a sole striker at places like tynecastle, rugby park, hamilton's ground and the Toni Macaroni. They just get swallowed up and the ball spends the majority of the time over their head.

Similar with the idea of 4-3-3 "the Liverpool way", great if you're Liverpool and have Salah and Mane or if you're Man City with Sterling etc but when you're Hibs and you have Horgan and Boyle it's not the same thing at all.

I think the idea that 2 up top is dead the whole world over is an idea that only FM players are obsessed with.

B.H.F.C
01-10-2019, 07:32 AM
I can’t recall us having much success with one up top in recent history.

Won the cup with two up top. Got to the league cup final with two up top. Promoted with two up. Good first season back up with two up top.

Playing one up top is really limiting us IMO. We don't have enough bodies in the final third to be a threat.

500miles
01-10-2019, 07:42 AM
Aberdeen, like us, have a bit of a soft centre in the absence of Shinnie. If we play a diamond, the attacking mid should get a heap of time and space if we have Kamberi and Doidge in defenders faces from the kick out.

I'd drop Middleton anyway. Mallan might actually fit in as deepest lying mid with Vela and Hallberg in front of him, because I think the Dons have lost the intensity in getting the ball back since their former captains departure.

kaimendhibs
01-10-2019, 08:12 AM
Put a shift in Matty, but infuriating to see him win so many headers, and nobody gambling to go behind him. We need to stop this one of front nonsense, we are far more dangerous with two up front.Couldn't agree more

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

The_Horde
01-10-2019, 09:55 AM
I can’t recall us having much success with one up top in recent history.

Won the cup with two up top. Got to the league cup final with two up top. Promoted with two up. Good first season back up with two up top.

Playing one up top is really limiting us IMO. We don't have enough bodies in the final third to be a threat.

Two up top during Hecky's run of form last season too.

Fergus52
01-10-2019, 11:47 AM
Our wingers haven't been in the best of form recently so I'd go with the narrow diamond in order to accommodate Doidge and Kamberi.

Have Allan at no.10, Hallberg sitting and 2 of Vela, Mallan, Murray either side.

Mean's we're relying on Stevenson to provide most of our attacking width on the left-hand side, which isn't ideal. But that system would allow us to be solid and hard to break down in midfield, while still having the offensive threat of two up top with Allan behind them. Think James might do well in that system as his passing and dribbling going forward seems to be one of his main strengths.

JimBHibees
01-10-2019, 12:14 PM
Aberdeen, like us, have a bit of a soft centre in the absence of Shinnie. If we play a diamond, the attacking mid should get a heap of time and space if we have Kamberi and Doidge in defenders faces from the kick out.

I'd drop Middleton anyway. Mallan might actually fit in as deepest lying mid with Vela and Hallberg in front of him, because I think the Dons have lost the intensity in getting the ball back since their former captains departure.

Really thought he was good in the 10 mins he got in derby and also on Saturday. Puts in some decent crosses. Issue with me and the 4231 is there appears to be a lack of rotation of the players which that system is meant to provide, if we were better and that we would no doubt create many more chances.

hibsbollah
01-10-2019, 12:21 PM

A Sweeper? That would be a blast from the past! Not many sides play that anymore.

I like the idea of Middleton instead of Stevenson as a left wing back in a 352 when we want to go at teams. I like Middleton and for the short time he's here, he'd be good in a 352, the formation that plays to our strengths.

Since452
01-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Really thought he was good in the 10 mins he got in derby and also on Saturday. Puts in some decent crosses. Issue with me and the 4231 is there appears to be a lack of rotation of the players which that system is meant to provide, if we were better and that we would no doubt create many more chances.

Hot and cold for me. I didn't even know he was playing against Motherwell but agree about derby and Saturday

superfurryhibby
01-10-2019, 04:30 PM

All about opinions. I thought he was poor on Saturday. He lacked the confidence to talk a man on and there were times he lacked game awareness, trying to pass when there was no pass available. Where’s the pace?

Scouse Hibee
01-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Absolutely no point in Doidge holding the ball up and winning headers if there is no support around him quick enough to capitalise. Give him and Kamberi a run of games together, play to our own strengths and utilise the players better at our disposal. Sometimes I feel like Hecky completes a jigsaw and then takes another piece out so it’s never actually finished.

JDHibs
02-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Heck wont play 3 at the back. With Middleton & horgan not doing great id revert to a diamond midfield.

James Porto Hanlon Lewy
Hallberg
Vela Mallan
Allan
Kamberi Doidge.

Gets 2 up top which we are desperate for. Aim for Doidge & Kamberi will get the knock downs. Nobody is getting close enough with Doidge up top on his own.

J-C
02-10-2019, 11:34 AM
Only problem with the diamond is it's susceptible to width, look at Spurs last night.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Has hecky ever played 442

JimBHibees
02-10-2019, 11:57 AM

Pretty sure he did in some of the early games he had e.g Hamilton at home, Dundee away, however then went to a 451 with Flo wide after that.

Did we not play 442 v St Mirren and St Johnstone, maybe wrong in that.

JDHibs
02-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Only problem with the diamond is it's susceptible to width, look at Spurs last night.

There is ways to combat that, see NLs Hibs vs Celtic at Easter Road when we beat them 2-1. Played a diamond then. Your 2 strikers & 2 Central midfielders need to be mobile & willing to chase to force the ball infield. No point playing ineffective wingers like we are at the minute

J-C
02-10-2019, 02:00 PM
There is ways to combat that, see NLs Hibs vs Celtic at Easter Road when we beat them 2-1. Played a diamond then. Your 2 strikers & 2 Central midfielders need to be mobile & willing to chase to force the ball infield. No point playing ineffective wingers like we are at the minute

I agree, it's all about having the right players, Spurs last night did well with it at 1st, then the players just gave up, Stubbs was pretty successful with it too.

JimBHibees
02-10-2019, 02:10 PM
I agree, it's all about having the right players, Spurs last night did well with it at 1st, then the players just gave up, Stubbs was pretty successful with it too.

Not sure taking off Ngombele for Eriksen worked. In saying that out of the goals Aurier must have had a hand in about 4 of them either getting skinned or giving the ball away. Wouldn't surprise me if Poch goes to Madrid soon.

MWHIBBIES
02-10-2019, 04:12 PM

Many times, St Johnstone this season being the most recent one

Heisenberg
05-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Got plenty praise for doing the ugly stuff last weekend but today was ridiculous. Cost us the game. He’s obviously not mentally strong enough to perform at a club like Hibs. Shat it every time.

CallumHibs07
05-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Well done Christian cheers for that :aok:

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 03:57 PM
There's clearly a player in there, but I feel he's already written his Hibs epitaph with that performance today. No one's going to forget it, least of all him.

Jim44
05-10-2019, 04:06 PM
Doidge is a dud and I was beginning to feel a bit sympathy for PH but then I remembered that he bought and rates him.

DH1875
05-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Should never be starting ahead of Flo. That being said, Flo should've scored at the end.

My_Wife_Camille
05-10-2019, 04:09 PM
An abysmal excuse for a striker. A complete and utter liability. Hopefully some non league club in England with more money than sense takes him off our hands soon.

Boro_Hibs
05-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Never looked confident

Hiber-nation
05-10-2019, 04:11 PM
There's clearly a player in there, but I feel he's already written his Hibs epitaph with that performance today. No one's going to forget it, least of all him.

Saw him plenty times last season in the highlights show and I have to disagree. Looked like a bang average 4th division striker and that has been confirmed.

SteveHFC
05-10-2019, 04:12 PM
Waste of money.

A Hi-Bee
05-10-2019, 04:14 PM
An abysmal excuse for a striker. A complete and utter liability. Hopefully some non league club in England with more money than sense takes him off our hands soon.

Reminds me of Jim Blair when we paid out for him and he couldnie score in a brothel for us, banged them in for St Midden then piss poor when he got to us, although he did get 2 against the hun when we beat them that year.
All in all a real waste of money same as the Doige one.

jeffers
05-10-2019, 04:15 PM
Wonder if he'll be out on the piss again tonight or do the sensible thing and stay in.

Allan45
05-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Should never be starting ahead of Flo. That being said, Flo should've scored at the end.

Flo didn't hit the targets, D did. Poor though

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Wonder if he'll be out on the piss again tonight or do the sensible thing and stay in.

?

The Tubs
05-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Although the misses were terrible, as soon as he went off, we stopped keeping possession of the ball, which ultimately ended up with Aberdeen scoring. His all-round play is good, we just need the psychologist to convince him he's Van Basten.

Nicho87
05-10-2019, 04:23 PM
Selfish and only interested in number one. Get rid!

jeffers
05-10-2019, 04:24 PM
?

Him and a few of the other new signings enjoy the social element of living in Edinburgh. You'll get away with it when you are playing well, but other times you need to do the sensible thing and keep a low profile.

Iain G
05-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Selfish and only interested in number one. Get rid!

Where do you get that view from?

hfc rd
05-10-2019, 04:28 PM
He was brought in to score goals. That’s the main job of a striker, isn’t it? Especially one that’s leading your line as the focal point. That’s why we paid the money to sign him after failing to land McNulty.

confused
05-10-2019, 04:32 PM
Reminds me of Jim Blair when we paid out for him and he couldnie score in a brothel for us, banged them in for St Midden then piss poor when he got to us, although he did get 2 against the hun when we beat them that year.
All in all a real waste of money same as the Doige one.
Oh so true , the list is endless , strikers who don’t cut the mustard ,

SunshineOnLeith
05-10-2019, 04:32 PM
Imagine playing him ahead of Kamberi 😂

Heckingbottom is weird.

hibsbollah
05-10-2019, 04:34 PM
He was brought in to score goals. That’s the main job of a striker, isn’t it? Especially one that’s leading your line as the focal point. That’s why we paid the money to sign him after failing to land McNulty.

We would have had to cough up much more than the Doidge fee and wages if we wanted McNulty. Quite simply he's a better player than our level.

Callum_62
05-10-2019, 04:35 PM
i like him, missed sitters or not

Gives us more than Flo

WhileTheChief..
05-10-2019, 04:36 PM
Last week some folk were saying he was class!!

He really shouldn’t get much more game time. Cover for injuries until January.

Robbo6-2
05-10-2019, 04:37 PM
He was hopeless today.

The last one was the worst, he should of squared it for an open goal for Allan.

Poor mans Brian Graham

SunshineOnLeith

Gives us more than Flo

Spot on. Flick ons > actual goals

Oh, wait.

hibsbollah

Gives us more than Flo

Flo hasn't scored since August. A decent performance when there's scouts in the stand and a couple of goals against Morton...theres a good reason he's not playing.

Nicho87
05-10-2019, 04:38 PM

Your having a laugh?
The last chance he had, he was that adamant he had to score and make up for his sitters before he ignore Allan literally waiting to tap the ball in and secure three points.

Never a team player

MWHIBBIES
05-10-2019, 04:40 PM
Him and a few of the other new signings enjoy the social element of living in Edinburgh. You'll get away with it when you are playing well, but other times you need to do the sensible thing and keep a low profile.

Should never get away with it, professional athletes shouldn't be pouring drink down them, really poor if true.

MWHIBBIES
05-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Flo hasn't scored since August. A decent performance when there's scouts in the stand and a couple of goals against Morton...theres a good reason he's not playing.

God, this myth is embarrassing.

hibsbollah
05-10-2019, 04:44 PM
God, this myth is embarrassing.

If you know better, good for you. The point is, he's not playing well enough to justify all this 'get him in, he'll sort out our Doidge problems' chat.

Our problems are more complex than that.

Diclonius
05-10-2019, 04:46 PM

If they're resurrecting the George Street gang again then they can forget about staying with us IMO.

Callum_62
05-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Spot on. Flick ons > actual goals

Oh, wait.Flos hardly prolific.

The way we are playing Doidge give us much more balance than Flo..... Who didn't hold the ball up once when he came on... And who also skied a great chance

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
05-10-2019, 04:52 PM
Wasn't at the game, so can anyone describe the chances that he missed.

Someone said to me that there were a couple of 1 on 1s missed.

Squirrel 1875
05-10-2019, 04:53 PM
If you’re a striker, you don’t miss those chances. Simple. As. That.

Speedway
05-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Buy average, get mediocrity.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-10-2019, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't say that he looks frightened but he is obviously lacking confidence. Today's showing could have gone for him in that arguably he should be on the bus home as the matchwinner and maybe the matchball for a hat-trick. But he will have to be tough to get through this.

My_Wife_Camille
05-10-2019, 04:56 PM
If you’re a striker, you don’t miss those chances. Simple. As. That.
Those 4 chances today, two open goals against St Mirren and a missed penalty against Arbroath.

Jason Cummings of Lawrence Shankland would have scored them imo.

emerald green
05-10-2019, 04:59 PM
For one so-called "striker" to miss that many sitters in one match is ridiculous, and has cost the team two priceless away points. He's just not good enough.

How Heckingbottom thought Doidge was going to score goals at this level I fail to understand. For once, I agree with Allan Preston who says...

"Doidge was dreadful today and he has been poor since he's come to Hibernian. They spent a bit of money on him and it will be really disappointing for Paul Heckingbottom. Hibs were the better side, and when Aberdeen went down to 10 men they dropped deeper and lost their shape and discipline. I can't believe they're leaving with just one point."

It boils down to Heckingbottom signing a dud, and his team constantly "dropping deeper" to try to defend a lead (which they cannot do). This time against 10 men.

Hiber-nation
05-10-2019, 05:02 PM
The one thing we needed in the summer was an upgrade on Kamberi. Instead our esteemed manager pays money for a bog standard 4th division striker. Unbelievable.

Squirrel 1875
05-10-2019, 05:08 PM
Those 4 chances today, two open goals against St Mirren and a missed penalty against Arbroath.

Jason Cummings of Lawrence Shankland would have scored them imo.

Aye but Lawrence Shankland player poorly against Alloa last night so we better not sign him...

Squirrel 1875
05-10-2019, 05:09 PM
For one so-called "striker" to miss that many sitters in one match is ridiculous, and has cost the team two priceless away points. He's just not good enough.

How Heckingbottom thought Doidge was going to score goals at this level I fail to understand. For once, I agree with Allan Preston who says...

"Doidge was dreadful today and he has been poor since he's come to Hibernian. They spent a bit of money on him and it will be really disappointing for Paul Heckingbottom. Hibs were the better side, and when Aberdeen went down to 10 men they dropped deeper and lost their shape and discipline. I can't believe they're leaving with just one point."

It boils down to Heckingbottom signing a dud, and his team constantly "dropping deeper" to try to defend a lead (which they cannot do). This time against 10 men.

Alan Preston has hit the nail on the head there.

Smartie
05-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Not really sure what to think of the situation with the strikers.

Going into the season with just 2 senior strikers was insanity. We'd been playing very poorly as a team with Kamberi up front, and he was individually starting to struggle badly. By all accounts Doidge was decent in our last 2 games, by all accounts today his finishing was dire but at least we managed to create enough chances to get him in on goal a few times to see what he could do.

Kamberi, playing in the right team and with the right support, I am convinced could play a part in a team with top 4 aspirations.

Doidge might just about carve out a career as a bottom 6 carthorse. If that's our level of aspiration, and we've shelled out a proportionate amount of money for him then fine - but I'm not buying season tickets and wasting my time watching that.

I do feel a bit gutted that Hibs appear to have failed to build on the opportunity that the cup win presented. Time will tell what is going on with Hibs (the takeover, infrastructure projects, paying off Lennon, money received for McGinn etc) but our squad is filled with "filler" and little quality, and the descent to this position from where we were 18 months ago is inexcusable. I actually wouldn't mind if we have our team filled with home-grown youngsters but I just wonder why we are having to try to support so many average players and watch some of our genuine quality either struggle in the first team or struggle to get into the first team?

Whichever way you look at it, Hibs are a shambles right now. That is exactly the type of afternoon we've enjoyed many of when being relegated in the past - playing some ok stuff, missing chances, getting punished, feeling hard done by but showing absolutely none of the grit, mental strength and fortitude that are required to do well in this, or any other, league.

MWHIBBIES
05-10-2019, 05:29 PM
If you know better, good for you. The point is, he's not playing well enough to justify all this 'get him in, he'll sort out our Doidge problems' chat.

Our problems are more complex than that.

Its not about knowing better, its about criticising our players based on crappy articles in crappy papers and jumping to a really boring conclusion that he is only interested when scouts are about.

Plenty of actual things tomoan about without inventing more.

ben johnson
05-10-2019, 05:33 PM

We also lack a vocal presence on the park
Someone who can calm it all down and stop the panic setting in

emerald green
05-10-2019, 05:39 PM
We also lack a vocal presence on the park
Someone who can calm it all down and stop the panic setting in

Hibs lack strong leadership, on and off the pitch. Something all the good winning sides must have.

Nicho87
05-10-2019, 05:53 PM

Your having a laugh?
The last chance he had, he was that adamant he had to score and make up for his sitters before he ignore Allan literally waiting to tap the ball in and secure three points.

Never a team player

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Its not about knowing better, its about criticising our players based on crappy articles in crappy papers and jumping to a really boring conclusion that he is only interested when scouts are about.

Plenty of actual things tomoan about without inventing more.

He used to be only interested when playing for a contract before according to some also.

If there was scouts in the stand and he plays and makes efforts for them why did he then get benched against the huns when the same rumour was kicking about?

J-C
05-10-2019, 05:57 PM
He's 27 and the highest level he had played in his whole career was Forest Green with a wee loan at Bolton, he's played 284 games and scored a total of 110 goals in 10 years as a player with 59 of those goals scored in a 3 year period at Forest Green, which means he's only scored 51 goals in the other 7 years of football. Those stats are shocking except for the Forest Green ones, he's simply not good enough and should never have been signed by this poor manager.

Smartie
05-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Hibs lack strong leadership, on and off the pitch. Something all the good winning sides must have.

It wasn't long ago we had leaders throughout the side.

I'm not convinced today's game goes the way it does with Gray or McGregor in the team.

Whittaker is often a calming influence later on in games, I'm surprised he wasn't used today.

The_Horde
05-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Funny thing is, if we were meant to drop off and defend we probably should've kept him on to defend set pieces and hold the ball up.

Him and Hallberg stay on and we might just have held on.

We shouldn't have been holding on at all though.

hibsbollah
05-10-2019, 06:07 PM
Funny thing is, if we were meant to drop off and defend we probably should've kept him on to defend set pieces and hold the ball up.

Him and Hallberg stay on and we might just have held on.

We shouldn't have been holding on at all though.

That's what I don't understand, it's like he likes to go into a defensive shape and at the same time make an attacking sub to 'balance out' the tactical bit :dunno: Even if you don't rate Whitty, that was the change that surely the situation was screaming out for.

emerald green
05-10-2019, 06:10 PM

I'm not convinced today's game goes the way it does with Gray or McGregor in the team.

I agree Hibs are missing Gray and McGregor. But there doesn't seem to be anyone with strong leadership and fighting qualities in Heckingbottom's teams at the moment, with maybe only Porteous exempt. As a team Hibs just seem fragile and unable to defend a lead. A team is usually a pretty good reflection of its head coach.

Hibeewilly
05-10-2019, 06:15 PM

Whittaker is often a calming influence later on in games, I'm surprised he wasn't used today.
I couldn't make the game today so listened to it on the radio. When Hallberg went off I couldn't believe he was replaced by Newell who isn't a holding midfielder and IMO hasn't offered anything to the team since he arrived. Whittaker was the man to replace him surely

Jim44
05-10-2019, 08:29 PM
I usually dismiss Sportsound pundits but I think they were spot on with some of their comments on Doidge - “ hopeless, useless, clueless, not a striker, selfish, unaware of what’s going on around him, no confidence, PH won’t play him as a striker in the next match” etc. etc. I know some folk on here pick out positives in his contribution but he seems to be rock bottom in the role he’s meant to be in. Is there a place for him in another position? :dunno:

greenlex
05-10-2019, 08:38 PM
I usually dismiss Sportsound pundits but I think they were spot on with some of their comments on Doidge - “ hopeless, useless, clueless, not a striker, selfish, unaware of what’s going on around him, no confidence, PH won’t play him as a striker in the next match” etc. etc. I know some folk on here pick out positives in his contribution but he seems to be rock bottom in the role he’s meant to be in. Is there a place for him in another position? :dunno:
I listened to sportsound and they didn’t use hopeless, useless or not a striker as adjectives. They did use the others along with not a natural finisher. I also didn’t hear that he wouldn’t be played as a striker in the next match.

hibeerealist
05-10-2019, 08:42 PM
That's what I don't understand, it's like he likes to go into a defensive shape and at the same time make an attacking sub to 'balance out' the tactical bit :dunno: Even if you don't rate Whitty, that was the change that surely the situation was screaming out for.

Agree, not Newell ffs.

Callum_62
05-10-2019, 09:37 PM
I thought we were good today. Best I've seen in a while

Doidge is getting a hard time and quite rightly especially the last chance when he shouldve squared to Allan and game over

I still think he's our most effective 1 up top striker

500miles
05-10-2019, 09:41 PM
I wonder if he'll James Collins it here, go back to England and score goals up to championship level.

Could be the next Cosgrove though.

Difficult.

Jim44
05-10-2019, 09:56 PM
I listened to sportsound and they didn’t use hopeless, useless or not a striker as adjectives. They did use the others along with not a natural finisher. I also didn’t hear that he wouldn’t be played as a striker in the next match.

I’ll grant that my recall might have been a bit inaccurate but the tone of the comments was as I stated. One of them definitely did say that PH couldn’t/wouldn’t use Doidge in a striker role in the next match, because of his ineptness.

Iggy Pope
05-10-2019, 10:02 PM
I’ll grant that my recall might have been a bit inaccurate but the tone of the comments was as I stated. One of them definitely did say that PH couldn’t/wouldn’t use Doidge in a striker role in the next match, because of his ineptness.

Well I never heard Sportsound but given your quotation marks I’d have taken your text to be accurate. It was guff it seems, rather than being a ‘bit inaccurate’. Hopeless and useless you quoted, no less. I suppose this being an open forum people can write what they like without it having to be correct or factual. Hibs.net is bonkers.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 10:06 PM
Well I never heard Sportsound but given your quotation marks I’d have taken your text to be accurate. It was guff it seems, rather than being a ‘bit inaccurate’. Hopeless and useless you quoted, no less. I suppose this being an open forum people can write what they like without it having to be correct or factual. Hibs.net is bonkers.

😂😂😂😂😂

Jim44
05-10-2019, 10:14 PM

We’re into semantics here. Ok, they might have not used useless or hopeless, ( I’m pretty sure somewhere along the line they did ) but one of them said he was ‘dreadful’ and that’s even worse. Anyway, why are you guys nit-picking on the actual words used, when the point is that he was in effect responsible for the loss of two points today. Three 1 on 1s against the keeper missed and a simple pass to SA on the last one would have sewn up the match.

Frogga
05-10-2019, 10:19 PM
Wasn't at the game, so can anyone describe the chances that he missed.

Someone said to me that there were a couple of 1 on 1s missed.Chance 1: put through by Horgan. Forced slightly wide and under pressure. Forgivable miss but still a great chance.

Chance 2: put through clean on goal 25 yards out, nobody near him. Didn't look confident and shoots rather meekly at Joe Lewis. Poor poor poor.

Chance 3: loses his footing as the ball comes to him. Still through on goal in acres of space. Hesitates and gives Lewis the chance to save at feet.

Chance 4: very similar to 2 but Scott Allan is unmarked at back post. Should've squared it. I don't think he was thinking straight after 1, 2 and 3.

Strangely after all that I would still play him over Flo. If you could combine Flo's finishing with Doidge's hold up play you'd have a player. I just think Doidge helps to pull us together as a team better than Flo. Flo cannot hold the ball up meaning we don't retain possession if we're playing one up top!

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
05-10-2019, 10:33 PM

Hit it on the nail. Doidge lacks the skills to score any goal except header and straightforward shot close in on goal. We sit deeper as game goes on to try and hold lead. Been our undoing against poor sides like Saint Johnstone and Hearts and now a 10 man Aberdeen.

Iggy Pope
05-10-2019, 10:34 PM
We’re into semantics here. Ok, they might have not used useless or hopeless, ( I’m pretty sure somewhere along the line they did ) but one of them said he was ‘dreadful’ and that’s even worse. Anyway, why are you guys nit-picking on the actual words used, when the point is that he was in effect responsible for the loss of two points today. Three 1 on 1s against the keeper missed and a simple pass to SA on the last one would have sewn up the match.

:wink:

Clarence
05-10-2019, 10:35 PM
Chance 1: put through by Horgan. Forced slightly wide and under pressure. Forgivable miss but still a great chance.

Chance 2: put through clean on goal 25 yards out, nobody near him. Didn't look confident and shoots rather meekly at Joe Lewis. Poor poor poor.

Chance 3: loses his footing as the ball comes to him. Still through on goal in acres of space. Hesitates and gives Lewis the chance to save at feet.

Chance 4: very similar to 2 but Scott Allan is unmarked at back post. Should've squared it. I don't think he was thinking straight after 1, 2 and 3.

Strangely after all that I would still play him over Flo. If you could combine Flo's finishing with Doidge's hold up play you'd have a player. I just think Doidge helps to pull us together as a team better than Flo. Flo cannot hold the ball up meaning we don't retain possession if we're playing one up top!

If only the rules permitted both strikers on the pitch at the same time. Maybe that’s too far fetched, what’s next - 2 goalkeepers?

Frogga
05-10-2019, 10:46 PM
If only the rules permitted both strikers on the pitch at the same time. Maybe that’s too far fetched, what’s next - 2 goalkeepers?Well doesn't look like Hecky's doing that any time soon

Brightside
05-10-2019, 10:48 PM
So he’s back to ***** now.

Brightside
05-10-2019, 10:50 PM
Hit it on the nail. Doidge lacks the skills to score any goal except header and straightforward shot close in on goal. We sit deeper as game goes on to try and hold lead. Been our undoing against poor sides like Saint Johnstone and Hearts and now a 10 man Aberdeen.

Well that’s nonsense based on his past goals.

The 90+2
05-10-2019, 11:26 PM

When was he anything other? Said it before, the Vegan Nish. (Nish was well better and he smoked 20 a day too)

My_Wife_Camille
05-10-2019, 11:36 PM
When was he not?

Squirrel 1875
05-10-2019, 11:41 PM
Rated four by The Sunday Times. Generous imo.

Mr_F
06-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Rated four by The Sunday Times. Generous imo.

Out of 50 would be accurate

angus hibby
06-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Led the line brilliantly against arguably the two best CH’s in the league last week. Yes, he missed chances yesterday, guess what - footballers are human and strikers do miss chances and sometimes choose the wrong option. This happens at a higher level than Hibs too, watch MOTD every week and you’ll see strikers miss chances. (Gray missed an open goal for Watford yesterday and he’s probably getting £15k a week!).

I recall fans favourite Jason Cummings missing from a yard against Raith, and chipping a penalty over the bar in a Scottish Cup semi final so even Jason missed chances!

His movement was very good against Celtic (see our goal) and he’s probably desperate to open his account in the league for us, therefore becoming anxious when presented with a chance. The fact he’s getting himself into goalscoring positions and with his record down south makes me confident he’ll come good, provided the fans get behind him. Groans around the stadium when he misses a chance won’t be helping him.

He’s been a Hibs player for a matter of months, get behind him!

BlackSheep
06-10-2019, 10:28 AM
Chance 1: put through by Horgan. Forced slightly wide and under pressure. Forgivable miss but still a great chance.

Hmmmmmm... what could be the answer...?? Maybe, just maybe... play both? AT THE SAME TIME!!!

green with envy
06-10-2019, 11:10 AM

Gives us more than Flo

I like a bit of Sunday morning humour.

If had gave the ball to Allan it would have been game over. The guy's huddie, it's that simple.

green with envy
06-10-2019, 11:13 AM
Led the line brilliantly against arguably the two best CH’s in the league last week. Yes, he missed chances yesterday, guess what - footballers are human and strikers do miss chances and sometimes choose the wrong option. This happens at a higher level than Hibs too, watch MOTD every week and you’ll see strikers miss chances. (Gray missed an open goal for Watford yesterday and he’s probably getting £15k a week!).

I recall fans favourite Jason Cummings missing from a yard against Raith, and chipping a penalty over the bar in a Scottish Cup semi final so even Jason missed chances!

His movement was very good against Celtic (see our goal) and he’s probably desperate to open his account in the league for us, therefore becoming anxious when presented with a chance. The fact he’s getting himself into goalscoring positions and with his record down south makes me confident he’ll come good, provided the fans get behind him. Groans around the stadium when he misses a chance won’t be helping him.

He did and you are correct but he also scored a barrow-load before inbetween and after those two efforts. Remind me again how many goals has Doidge scored since he's been here?

SunshineOnLeith
06-10-2019, 11:19 AM
He's basically Uche but not as physically imposing and worse at football.

FilipinoHibs
06-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Well that’s nonsense based on his past goals.

For Hibs? He has scored zero goals in the league for us.

BillyBigBaws
06-10-2019, 11:39 AM
I'm not saying he is ***** I just don't know how to finish this sentence.

Needs to stay after training and practice shooting for a couple of hours each night.

Annoyed that he is not only wasting a spot in the team but costing us points.

angus hibby
06-10-2019, 12:10 PM
He did and you are correct but he also scored a barrow-load before inbetween and after those two efforts. Remind me again how many goals has Doidge scored since he's been here?

Cummings’ record for us in the Championship is very similar to Doidge’s record in England. To answer your question, he scored against Morton and he maybe got another in League Cup? I’m well aware he’s not scored in the league yet. How many league games has he started? 3? 4?

FilipinoHibs
06-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Cummings’ record for us in the Championship is very similar to Doidge’s record in England. To answer your question, he scored against Morton and he maybe got another in League Cup? I’m well aware he’s not scored in the league yet. How many league games has he started? 3? 4?

Played in 7 not all starting. One goal in 17 in the championship down South. Other goals in 4th tier. For 27 year old dont think he will go up to SPL level.

Andy74
06-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Played in 7 not all starting. One goal in 17 in the championship down South. Other goals in 4th tier. For 27 year old dont think he will go up to SPL level.

This level thing is nonsense. If it was anything to do with that then he would be struggling to compete against his opponents or influence the games.

That isn’t the case, he’s missed some chances that were one on one with a bit of time. Makes no odds what level you’re at in those situations.

He’s fine with the level and he’s improved our all round play when he’s started. He needs to start putting them away of course but it’s nothing to do with being out of any depth.

hibeerealist
06-10-2019, 12:36 PM

One yes, two probably three / four in one game no no no no the guys a clown end of

Callum_62
06-10-2019, 12:37 PM
One yes, two probably three / four in one game no no no no the guys a clown end ofIt wasn't 4 sitter, absolute nonsense to suggest the one he stumbled and regained his balance just as Lewis got there is laughable

green with envy
06-10-2019, 01:17 PM

Whoopy *** do.

Mutu
06-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Hmmmmmm... what could be the answer...?? Maybe, just maybe... play both? AT THE SAME TIME!!!

The issue you have then is that where does Allan, our most creative player, play?

we are hibs
06-10-2019, 04:29 PM
The issue you have then is that where does Allan, our most creative player, play?

In behind them at the top of a diamond in midfield. None of the wide players we currently have are doing enough to merit a start anyway.

J-C
06-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Just watching the highlights, Doidge is absolutely brutal, no game intelligence whatsoever, twice he should've squared the ball but never lifted his head once, Michael Stewart just backing me up as I type.

delbert
06-10-2019, 06:54 PM
Just watching the highlights, Doidge is absolutely brutal, no game intelligence whatsoever, twice he should've squared the ball but never lifted his head once, Michael Stewart just backing me up as I type.

Having seen yesterday’s misses, I take back my description of Doidge as James Collins with a beard but only because it’s a slur on Collins, this guy makes Joe Ward look prolific and he never scored a goal for us ! Awareness zero, a total pub league player and will never, ever make it in the game up here, there are better players in the Lowland and East of Scotland leagues, he is an utter imposter !

ABZHFC
06-10-2019, 06:58 PM
I feel it's a real shame watching Doidge at the moment. His work to hold the ball up, bring others into play, even his runs onto through balls are all very good, it's just his finishing that leaves so much to be desired. I can't help but feel sticking Kamberi on as well and going with two up after they went down to ten men might have helped him out, I certainly can't imagine Flo missing that number of one-on-ones in a single game

06-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Tedious stuff from the hibs sympathisers that seem to frequent this forum

06-10-2019, 07:00 PM
The hardcore know better. Off ye pop

badabing67
06-10-2019, 09:17 PM

So is it not obvious we need 2 up top

angus hibby
06-10-2019, 10:20 PM
For Hibs? He has scored zero goals in the league for us.

He’s only started 3 or 4 games.

FilipinoHibs
06-10-2019, 10:52 PM
He’s only started 3 or 4 games.

7 all together including subs. A video of the misses in these games would make a good horror movie.

matty_f
06-10-2019, 11:05 PM
This level thing is nonsense. If it was anything to do with that then he would be struggling to compete against his opponents or influence the games.

That isn’t the case, he’s missed some chances that were one on one with a bit of time. Makes no odds what level you’re at in those situations.

He’s fine with the level and he’s improved our all round play when he’s started. He needs to start putting them away of course but it’s nothing to do with being out of any depth.
Welcome back, Andy.

I agree. Doidge might not be good enough but I'd be far more concerned if he wasn't getting those chances. I think once he scores he'll score a lot.

What is rank is some of the language used to describe a Hibs player on here though, regardless of whether he ends up good enough or not he didn't mean to have a bad game, he never hid, and he worked hard for the team. He doesn't deserve the abuse he's getting from some. Especially those that greet at the first sign of someone saying something mean about them on here.

The_Horde
06-10-2019, 11:13 PM
Welcome back, Andy.

I agree. Doidge might not be good enough but I'd be far more concerned if he wasn't getting those chances. I think once he scores he'll score a lot.

What is rank is some of the language used to describe a Hibs player on here though, regardless of whether he ends up good enough or not he didn't mean to have a bad game, he never hid, and he worked hard for the team. He doesn't deserve the abuse he's getting from some. Especially those that greet at the first sign of someone saying something mean about them on here.

That last paragraph is spot on. Grown men acting like children and saying things behind keyboards that they wouldn't necessarily say to the player's face.

Last season after a Roma game, one of their fans reckoned even he could've scored one of the goals they scored and said as much in criticism of the player. What did Roma do? Invited him down to recreate it.

It was all arranged by the sponsors and a good bit of PR but the message was strong too. So who's up for facing up to what they've said about the big man?

B.H.F.C
06-10-2019, 11:28 PM
Praised him last week. But strikers need to win you games. The one where he just needed to square it to Allan is absolutely disgraceful.
That’s not just being poor. That’s just a complete lack of anything.

CMurdoch
07-10-2019, 12:27 AM
The chance where he doesn't square for Allan is horrific.
I can forgive him the rest although footwork was slow for a striker.

Next 3 games, Hamilton, Livingston & Ross County. Time to start scoring goals.
To do that we need to play a diamond middle to front. Doidge in the box, Kamberi on the left and Middleton on the right ready to link up and support. Allan at the back of the diamond feeding them.

green with envy
07-10-2019, 07:14 AM

To do that we need to play a diamond middle to front. Doidge in the box, Kamberi on the left and Middleton on the right ready to link up and support. Allan at the back of the diamond feeding them.

That's exactly where I am. I wasn't overly concerned with the first 3 chances but I was absolutely fuming when he refused the pass to Allan. Said right after that chance that this would come back to haunt us.

greenlex
07-10-2019, 07:39 AM
Praised him last week. But strikers need to win you games. The one where he just needed to square it to Allan is absolutely disgraceful.
That’s not just being poor. That’s just a complete lack of anything.

I’m not buying this unaware nonsense. He’s a striker. Hundreds of strikers and good ones at that are greedy and wouldn’t have squared it. Add to the mix he’s desperate to score and that’ll be more accurate than unaware. The fact that it would have been game over is clouding everyone’s judgment including his. If he’d scored everyone would be happy and should have squared it wouldn’t have been on anyone’s radar.
I think he should have squared it too but unaware? No. He isnt the first and won’t be the last.

SunshineOnLeith
07-10-2019, 07:46 AM

On what possible basis does he deserve 3 more games to see if he can score a goal? This is exactly what we all said about James Collins. Then, when he finally did score, lots of "he'll kick on now!".

Kamberi and Shaw should be starting in the next three games to see if they can get the partnership going again which they've briefly shown before.

BILLYHIBS
07-10-2019, 07:48 AM

Square the ball to the man standing in acres of space “ unmarked “ for a tap in and it is 0-2 and three points in the bag against ten men soon to be nine

Simples!

hibsbollah
07-10-2019, 07:50 AM
I’m not buying this unaware nonsense. He’s a striker. Hundreds of strikers and good ones at that are greedy and wouldn’t have squared it. Add to the mix he’s desperate to score and that’ll be more accurate than unaware. The fact that it would have been game over is clouding everyone’s judgment including his. If he’d scored everyone would be happy and should have squared it wouldn’t have been on anyone’s radar.
I think he should have squared it too but unaware? No. He isnt the first and won’t be the last.

Yep, he missed a good chance and two possible chances (please everyone give this 'four sitters' chat a rest, it's clearly bollocks), he's desperate to atone and he doesn't square. Absolutely criminal decision making but understandable giving the circumstances and he's gutted, you can see it.

As a Hibs fan, the question is do you back the guy and show him you back him, or do you start a wee tedious online campaign that he's *****, he's always been ***** and he'll always be ***** and not give him a chance.

hibsbollah
07-10-2019, 07:51 AM
Square the ball to the man standing in acres of space “ unmarked “ for a tap in and it is 0-2 and three points in the bag against ten men soon to be nine

Simples!

Im sure he knows that himself.

My_Wife_Camille
07-10-2019, 08:03 AM
Yep, he missed a good chance and two possible chances (please everyone give this 'four sitters' chat a rest, it's clearly bollocks), he's desperate to atone and he doesn't square. Absolutely criminal decision making but understandable giving the circumstances and he's gutted, you can see it.

As a Hibs fan, the question is do you back the guy and show him you back him, or do you start a wee tedious online campaign that he's *****, he's always been ***** and he'll always be ***** and not give him a chance.
Online campaign for me. Four sitters on Saturday, two open goals against St Mirren and a missed penalty against Arbroath. I want to see him OUT of Easter Road and back into the pub leagues where he belongs

BILLYHIBS
07-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Im sure he knows that himself.

:aok:

LaMotta
07-10-2019, 08:18 AM
That last paragraph is spot on. Grown men acting like children and saying things behind keyboards that they wouldn't necessarily say to the player's face.

Last season after a Roma game, one of their fans reckoned even he could've scored one of the goals they scored and said as much in criticism of the player. What did Roma do? Invited him down to recreate it.

It was all arranged by the sponsors and a good bit of PR but the message was strong too. So who's up for facing up to what they've said about the big man?

I wonder if you would accuse Stevie Mallan of hiding to his face along with all your other OTT comments on here about him?

:whistle:

Brightside
07-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Tedious stuff from the hibs sympathisers that seem to frequent this forum

Are you ok? Sympathisers? Odd language to use about people who support the club.

hibsbollah
07-10-2019, 08:37 AM
Online campaign for me. Four sitters on Saturday, two open goals against St Mirren and a missed penalty against Arbroath. I want to see him OUT of Easter Road and back into the pub leagues where he belongs

I suppose you're honest about it:greengrin Im away to buy the replica shirt with Doidge on the back.

Keith_M
07-10-2019, 08:43 AM
It wasn't 4 sitter, absolute nonsense to suggest the one he stumbled and regained his balance just as Lewis got there is laughable

Callum, he's had similar chances in other games where he basically tripped over his own feet.

I've got nothing against the guy but I just don't think he's good enough.

turn and burn
07-10-2019, 09:20 AM
He's so desperately short on confidence that it's hard to actually judge his ability. No doubt he was feeling the pressure to start with coming in for a decent sum and being handed the number 9 shirt - not long after he came out acknowledging that he wasn't a fan favourite, another pressure.

Scottie
07-10-2019, 09:27 AM

And did he score it ?

Mr_F
07-10-2019, 09:28 AM
He needs emptied along with Heckingbottom ASAP. The fact we paid big money (for us) for him is enough to seal the exit for the pair of them.

Worst striker I have seen at ER given the circumstances.

Anyone that was @ the game on Saturday or has seen the "highlights" will agree.

The boy is a total & utter huddy.

cabbageandribs1875
07-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Christian will come good, i prayed for him yesterday

Diclonius
07-10-2019, 09:36 AM
He needs emptied along with Heckingbottom ASAP. The fact we paid big money (for us) for him is enough to seal the exit for the pair of them.

Worst striker I have seen at ER given the circumstances.

Anyone that was @ the game on Saturday or has seen the "highlights" will agree.

The boy is a total & utter huddy.

Tam Sowunmi, Jonatan Johansson, Valdas Trakys, Phil Airey, Roy O'Donovan, Shefki Kuqi, Rowan Vine, James Collins, Danny Haynes, Jake Sinclair, Islam Feruz, Dave Matulevicius...

Mr_F
07-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Tam Sowunmi, Jonatan Johansson, Valdas Trakys, Akpo Sodje, Phil Airey, Roy O'Donovan, Shefki Kuqi, Rowan Vine, James Collins, Danny Haynes, Jake Sinclair, Islam Feruz, Dave Matulevicius...

How much did we pay for them? Were we flying high after Scottish cup wins, Europe, being promoted, 4th & 5th place finishes, record ST numbers?

:rolleyes:

makaveli1875
07-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Tam Sowunmi, Jonatan Johansson, Valdas Trakys, Phil Airey, Roy O'Donovan, Shefki Kuqi, Rowan Vine, James Collins, Danny Haynes, Jake Sinclair, Islam Feruz, Dave Matulevicius...

Christian Doidge and Islam Feruz would be a divine strikeforce

cabbageandribs1875
07-10-2019, 09:46 AM
only just watched bbc highlights, think i'l wait in future before slating doidge, i don't know why the bbc commentary were saying it was clear-cut chances he was missing, they were anything but clear-cut chances, the only one he mucked up was in not being aware allan was in space to score

heretoday
07-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Get Malonga back! Accept no other.

JimBHibees
07-10-2019, 10:08 AM

Good post. We absolutely love a scapegoat, the guy has played pretty well goals aside since come back in and his movement to get into the positions was very good. Just one of these things he got more desperate the more he missed it happens. Needs the support and patience of the fans that is for sure.

Diclonius
07-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Good post. We absolutely love a scapegoat, the guy has played pretty well goals aside since come back in and his movement to get into the positions was very good. Just one of these things he got more desperate the more he missed it happens. Needs the support and patience of the fans that is for sure.

Yup.

When I was younger and less reflective than I am now, I would scream abuse at Nish/Collins/etc when they missed chances. Now I'm a bit older I realise that's the worst possible thing I could have done. They're hurting way more than you are every time they miss those chances and the only thing you can do is give them support.

Unfortunately a lot of fans have a switch that goes on inside their head at which point they decide a player is permanently **** and nothing said player can do can flick that switch off. For some people, that switch went on the minute Doidge signed for us. Only time I've seen people grudgingly change their opinion of a player is Lewis Stevenson and that was after he won two ****ing cups. :rolleyes:

Allant1981
07-10-2019, 10:22 AM
How much did we pay for them? Were we flying high after Scottish cup wins, Europe, being promoted, 4th & 5th place finishes, record ST numbers?

:rolleyes:

How much did we pay for doidge?

My_Wife_Camille
07-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Not for me. It's just the same old buzzwords that get trotted out when we have a pish striker.

Clever player, good movement, works hard, offers something different, just needs a goal. Same ****, different **** striker.

The_Horde
07-10-2019, 10:26 AM

Hibs don't pay big fees for players, so when we do and they don't hit the ground running people will rightly question them.

I could see your point if Doidge wasn't 27 years old and in the supposed prime years of his career.

hibsbollah
07-10-2019, 10:29 AM
How much did we pay for doidge?

I don't think anyone on here actually knows for sure . Hibs don't tend to publicise fees. It doesn't stop numbers getting chucked about and repeated.

Allant1981
07-10-2019, 10:31 AM
I don't think anyone on here actually knows for sure . Hibs don't tend to publicise fees. It doesn't stop numbers getting chucked about and repeated.

Yip that was my point, folk use it to constantly bash the guy but no one knows how much we paid for him, sounds good though!!

Hiber-nation
07-10-2019, 10:35 AM
I could see your point if Doidge wasn't 27 years old and in the supposed prime years of his career.

This is it. Folk are saying "give him time, look at the likes of Collins and Cosgrove". Collins was 22 when he signed for us, same age as Cosgrove is now.

He'd do a Brian Graham-esque job as back-up, but should never be our no 1 striker.

My_Wife_Camille
07-10-2019, 10:38 AM
Yip that was my point, folk use it to constantly bash the guy but no one knows how much we paid for him, sounds good though!!
It was a transfer fee of £350k