PDA

View Full Version : Doidge

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

bigwheel
13-10-2019, 09:13 PM
https://news.sky.com/story/derby-county-welsh-international-among-two-players-charged-with-drink-driving-11820128

This thread has gone bananas

MWHIBBIES
13-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Give it a rest will you. You sound like my Mrs going on and on and on about nothing.

I will keep replying as long as people keep replying to me. It's called a healthy discussion. Maybe if you and your Mrs had more of them you wouldn't be insulting her on Hibs.net :wink:

Here’s Lucy!
13-10-2019, 09:14 PM
It's not a myth.

Thank you, mate. :aok:

“Sold a pig in a poke.”

“Forest Green laughing up their green sleeves.”

“Sold to a wee team in Scotlandshire.”

All very immature, disrespectful and drivel imo.

Forest Green doing ok but missing the big man’s goals.

Genuine question. Doidge got a lot of plaudits after the Celtic game. Were you calling him tripe then? The guy gets next to no slack on here and after missing the chances last Saturday it was inevitable how things were going to go.

He got no plaudits from me, he was only marginally better than he usually is, which effectively equates to tripe/pish/rubbish.

Why should he get any slack?

Here’s Lucy!
13-10-2019, 09:17 PM
This thread has gone bananas

This thread has gone factual. :aok:

I will keep replying as long as people keep replying to me. It's called a healthy discussion. Maybe if you and your Mrs had more of them you wouldn't be insulting her on Hibs.net :wink:

:agree:

The 90+2
13-10-2019, 09:18 PM
https://news.sky.com/story/derby-county-welsh-international-among-two-players-charged-with-drink-driving-11820128

Footballers or not, they can’t Doidge the law.

Here’s Lucy!
13-10-2019, 09:21 PM
Footballers or not, they can’t Doidge the law.

:aok: Love it!

superfurryhibby
13-10-2019, 09:22 PM
It's not a myth.

It is.

The Sun said it was 350k, the Record and Gloucestershire News said 250k. People on here have said it was much lower, but maybe when you tally up the various add on’s etc.

I’ll settle for neither you nor anyone else really having a clue. It’s a myth, end of.

calumhibee1
13-10-2019, 10:01 PM
It is.

The Sun said it was 350k, the Record and Gloucestershire News said 250k. People on here have said it was much lower, but maybe when you tally up the various add on’s etc.

I’ll settle for neither you nor anyone else really having a clue. It’s a myth, end of.

Nobody knows what we paid. Strange that paper quotes a fee of over £250k and that instantly somehow equates to £350k. In reality, a fee of over £250k is more likely to be above £250k but below £300k, the next milestone figure where they could have said “over £300k” instead.

ian cruise
13-10-2019, 10:18 PM
It is.

£350k was the fee, confirmed by Rebekah Vardy :wink:

FilipinoHibs
14-10-2019, 02:14 AM
As a professional athlete, it is IMO

Even one drink a week before a match affects you physically and mentally. Professional tennis players dont touch a drop during the 11 month season. Should get Andy Murray in to talk about looking after your body and maximising your potential

FilipinoHibs
14-10-2019, 02:19 AM
Thank you, mate. :aok:

He got no plaudits from me, he was only marginally better than he usually is, which effectively equates to tripe/pish/rubbish.

Why should he get any slack?

In the Celtic game he won some aerial battles. Made one cutback which led to a fortuous own goal. Thankfully he had no chances to fluff.

Clarence
14-10-2019, 02:42 AM
Even one drink a week before a match affects you physically and mentally. Professional tennis players dont touch a drop during the 11 month season. Should get Andy Murray in to talk about looking after your body and maximising your potential

Andy Murray was statistically the best tennis player in the world at one point. If hibs attracted the best footballers in the world, they would probably also have that approach to their training. Unfortunately we don’t.

Moody Blues
14-10-2019, 06:17 AM

your ok ! If this thread is a healthy discussion you can keep it. I will just stick to insulting her.

Hibbyradge
14-10-2019, 08:10 AM
£350k was the fee, confirmed by Rebekah Vardy :wink:

:thumbsup:

calumhibee1
14-10-2019, 08:15 AM
your ok ! If this thread is a healthy discussion you can keep it. I will just stick to insulting her.

:faf:

LancsHibs
14-10-2019, 08:25 AM
Who’s Rebekah Vardy?

The 90+2
14-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Who’s Rebekah Vardy?

Reg’s wife. Old boot.

BILLYHIBS
14-10-2019, 09:06 AM
Reg’s wife. Old boot.

Naw that’s Olive

Silly Old Moo!

jacomo
14-10-2019, 09:16 AM
:agree::agree::agree:

Its complete drivel that players shouldnt be allowed to go out and have a drink.

If you can handle it then its fine and can have no negative effect on performances.

The midweek before we pumped Hearts 6 -2 i seen Matty Jack, Mixu and Latapy downing drinks and smoking fags in Eros Elite nightclub. Matty Jack assured me we would win the derby, and he was spot on with that.

Mixu and Latapy put in 2 of the greatest derby performances ever seen on the Sunday so lets stop pretending that players cant have a drink ever.

The game has changed a lot since then.

Drinking affects performance. This is beyond scientific doubt.

Whether Hibs should expect the same dedication from our players as the elite outfits do is perhaps open for debate. There is an argument that living in Edinburgh and all that comes with that is a big attraction for the kind of players we can attract.

But - in the strictest sense - no player should be drinking during the season if they want to be the best they can.

Here’s Lucy!
14-10-2019, 12:03 PM
Naw that’s Olive

Silly Old Moo!

‘Til death us do part was where Silly old moo came from.

I think Reg and Olive were from On the buses? Stan and Olive Butler.

:aok:

LancsHibs
14-10-2019, 12:14 PM
Reg’s wife. Old boot.

Nah seriously, is she an agent? How would she know the fee we paid for Doidge?

BILLYHIBS
14-10-2019, 12:21 PM
‘Til death us do part was where Silly old moo came from.

I think Reg and Olive were from On the buses? Reg and Olive Butler.

:aok:

Ha Ha!

I bow to your superior knowledge

The “Silly Old Mo” was indeed Alf Garnets Mrs

My reply to the OP was re Sexy Olive but that was Reg Varneys not Vardys on screen Mrs also known to Inspector Blaikie as BUTLER!

Here’s Lucy!
14-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Ha Ha!

My reply to the OP was re Sexy Olive but that was Reg Varneys not Vardys on screen Mrs also known to Inspector Blaikie as BUTLER!

Indeed, Billy. :aok:

Must admit though, you’ve quoted me before I made an edit. It was Stan Butler and not Reg as I originally posted!

Forgive me, it was a long time ago! :greengrin

LaMotta
14-10-2019, 12:26 PM
The game has changed a lot since then.

Drinking affects performance. This is beyond scientific doubt.

Whether Hibs should expect the same dedication from our players as the elite outfits do is perhaps open for debate. There is an argument that living in Edinburgh and all that comes with that is a big attraction for the kind of players we can attract.

But - in the strictest sense - no player should be drinking during the season if they want to be the best they can.

Drinking does affect performances but it doesnt affect everybody the same. It might affect the majority negatively but there are some people where the effects will be neglible.

Don't agree with your last paragraph.

If the occasional night out with a few drinks and/or a team building night out of drinking helps players become happier individuals then that can without doubt improve individual and team performances for some players.

That psycological benefit could well override any physical benefits for some players.

Overdoing it is another thing though:greengrin

hibee-boys
14-10-2019, 12:32 PM
There's a clear difference between have a few drinks inbetween games (i'm assuming the club will have it's own policy on drinking before matches) and drinking to the point where it affects your training/game performance. I'd have to not drink at all during the season if i was a pro as I can't stop at 3 or 4 pints!:) Then again, if I've got work the next day I never drink. The guy can't be confined to his quarters every night because it suits some of our paranoid fans!

BILLYHIBS
14-10-2019, 12:34 PM
We used to call it team bonding sessions

If you become friends with your team mates you watch out for them you watch their backs and they look out for you

It is a question of you want to know and trust that person standing beside you in the trenches once you cross that white line on a Saturday

All for one and one for all

The 90+2
14-10-2019, 01:02 PM
There's a clear difference between have a few drinks inbetween games (i'm assuming the club will have it's own policy on drinking before matches) and drinking to the point where it affects your training/game performance. I'd have to not drink at all during the season if i was a pro as I can't stop at 3 or 4 pints!:) Then again, if I've got work the next day I never drink. The guy can't be confined to his quarters every night because it suits some of our paranoid fans!

I also think there’s a clear difference between a player who is on form, or started the season well/is a popular player and a player that has started the season ***** having come coming costing us a few bob strutting about up town. You’re always young to be scrutinised if it’s the later where as nobody cared really Wee Russell was up town every night, Tambo went pile dancing or broony was sick all over the place. Doidge would probably do best by keeping his head down out of the limelight until he gains some form at least.

hibeerealist
14-10-2019, 01:02 PM
The press are generally not far wrong with the fees they quote for a new signing. At the time of signing the BBC quoted “a fee in excess of £250k” and Hecky said the signing “was a statement of intent”.

You might think that people are slating him but it is relevant that he signed for a big fee, relative to Hibs. And he was expected to come in and make a big impact - that’s something the manager sign posted himself. So people are hardly being unfair when they mention the fee, even if nobody know exactly what it was. Doidge is falling short of expectations and he needs to improve.

:agree:, yes to all TD.

we are hibs
14-10-2019, 04:33 PM
He scores the winner against celtic and then in the final he can take the rest of the season off having a few drinks as far as im concerned. He really needs to start scoring regularly now as patience is running thin.

ian cruise
14-10-2019, 04:40 PM
Nah seriously, is she an agent? How would she know the fee we paid for Doidge?

It was just a bit of tongue in cheek humour. Rebekah Vardy is Jamie Vardy's missus, who has been in the press for allegedly selling other footballer's private stories to The Sun, the post I quoted said the £350k was confirmed in The Sun which is where the joke came from.

ian cruise
14-10-2019, 04:44 PM
He scores the winner against celtic and then in the final he can take the rest of the season off having a few drinks as far as im concerned. He really needs to start scoring regularly now as patience is running thin.

Nail on the head about why he's getting the level of abuse he is. Stokes still has people making excuses for his behaviour because he scored the cup final goals, Doidge hasn't scored anywhere near what people expect so anything he does is now a stick to beat him with.

I actually agree with the point of view that footballer's shouldn't drink during the season but lots do so it's not unfair to pick on Doidge unless there's oroff it's the reason he's not performing.

Also agree he needs to start finding the net soon, both for us as a club and fan base but also for himself. He really looks like the drought is affecting him negatively.

Ronniekirk
14-10-2019, 04:51 PM
I couldn’t care less What he gets up to in his own time unless it impacts on his performance on the Park
I just want him to start scoring goals as that’s what he is primarily being paid to do
I also do t care how much we paid for him as long as he scores goals
But at some point he needs to deliver ,and if he isn’t then we need to find someone in January who can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
14-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Jeezo give the guy a break if he can't go out for a couple of beers in a new city on an international break when we have no game when can he go out.

Franck Stanton
14-10-2019, 05:55 PM
Jeezo give the guy a break if he can't go out for a couple of beers in a new city on an international break when we have no game when can he go out.

Apparently, to some on here, never.

Captain Trips
14-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Ha Ha!

Was Olive not his sister?

Captain Trips
14-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Ffs feel for Doidge. If you want reach the best don't drink yadayada. Ronaldo might not but I bet 100s of players deemed excellent or world class in EPL have drinks during downtime.

I don't give a #### what the players do on time off.

superfurryhibby
14-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Ffs feel for Doidge. If you want reach the best don't drink yadayada. Ronaldo might not but I bet 100s of players deemed excellent or world class in EPL have drinks during downtime.

What’s yadayada, s9me new fangled beverage?

Sharing the sentiment, some sanctimonious, killjoy, puritanical, horsehair underpant wearers in our support. Imagine the furore if the laddie liked a fag!

ancient hibee
14-10-2019, 06:57 PM

Sharing the sentiment, some sanctimonious, killjoy, puritanical, horsehair underpant wearers in our support. Imagine the furore if the laddie liked a fag!

Or even a smoke.

tamig
14-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Was Olive not his sister?

Yes. She was married to Arfur.

The 90+2
14-10-2019, 07:09 PM

Many have liked a fag, many have performed and there hasn’t been a issue.

Iggy Pope
14-10-2019, 07:10 PM

Ronaldo. What a cheesy tosser of an out of court settling alleged rapist of a role model he turned out to be.
The EPL. Rooney with his Cigars and grannies. Giggs the superinjunctor. John Terry the er, well, just John the loathsome racist cheating twat Terry.

All hugely decorated millions of caps and medals and never spotted up George Street once.

Scotty Leither
14-10-2019, 07:17 PM
It is.

Correct...we paid £130k for him and it looks like we got what we paid for.

Took in substantial funds from McGinn transfer, season ticket sales and European money, and paid out sweeties for replacements that will probably struggle to start 50 games for the club between them.

We've got previous for this false economy approach though, so no-one should really be surprised.

jacomo
14-10-2019, 08:48 PM
Apparently, to some on here, never.

He’s being well paid by us and he’s not performing.

Is it too much to ask that he prioritises the day job?

Here’s Lucy!
14-10-2019, 08:58 PM

Well said.

Tiger Lily agrees with this post.

Allant1981
14-10-2019, 09:01 PM

How do you know he hasnt? Someone allegedly seen the guy out one night and folk go way overboard as usual on here, it's getting ridiculous now

tamig
14-10-2019, 09:10 PM
How do you know he hasnt? Someone allegedly seen the guy out one night and folk go way overboard as usual on here, it's getting ridiculous now

Wasting your breath pal. The kangaroo court is in session.

Here’s Lucy!
14-10-2019, 09:12 PM

Was he home in time for his Horlicks, Mrs Doidge?

Allant1981
14-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Was he home in time for his Horlicks, Mrs Doidge?

You are getting really boring now

Allant1981
14-10-2019, 09:17 PM
Wasting your breath pal. The kangaroo court is in session.

Seems like it, the guy hasnt had the best of starts at the club but it's getting crazy

Here’s Lucy!
14-10-2019, 09:20 PM
You are getting really boring now

I only mimic you, sir.

You inspire me.

Captain Trips
14-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Well he was seen after his bad performance so maybe a good drink is needed.

I wonder what would be said if after his 'bevvy session" he plays well.

J-C
15-10-2019, 05:49 AM

Took in substantial funds from McGinn transfer, season ticket sales and European money, and paid out sweeties for replacements that will probably struggle to start 50 games for the club between them.

We've got previous for this false economy approach though, so no-one should really be surprised.

These players were PH's choices, 2 of them flagged by the recruitment team as not being good enough for the money, if there's any blame on the majority of our signings, they lay at the door of our so called head coach.

Since452
15-10-2019, 05:57 AM

Nothing. People will find something else to to beat the player(s) and manager with. Very sad.

Allant1981
15-10-2019, 07:13 AM
I only mimic you, sir.

You inspire me.

Aye ok

easty
15-10-2019, 07:13 AM
2 of them flagged by the recruitment team as not being good enough for the money

Where has this come from? Reality, or someone on Hibs.net said it and it’s now a fact?

superfurryhibby
15-10-2019, 07:22 AM

I don’t always agree with you SL, but this is pretty much my take on it too. Transfer fee of 350,000 is a joke, even with the convoluted add ons. Amazing level of naivety that some think anything speculated on in the Sun could be accurate. What was quoted was board propaganda, swallowed wholesale and regurgitated add infinitum on here by those who don’t really like Hibs that much.

Allant1981
15-10-2019, 07:42 AM
Where has this come from? Reality, or someone on Hibs.net said it and it’s now a fact?

Just like the £350k fact

J-C
15-10-2019, 07:51 AM

2-3 posters. I got a text from a very reliable source inside the club, head coach always has the final say on signings but PH was adamant he wanted certain players signed anyway. Recruitment team isn't getting utilized properly, Stubbs was the only one to use it to its fullest.

easty
15-10-2019, 07:56 AM
2-3 posters. I got a text from a very reliable source inside the club, head coach always has the final say on signings but PH was adamant he wanted certain players signed anyway. Recruitment team isn't getting utilized properly, Stubbs was the only one to use it to its fullest.

You got a text telling from someone who told you that they directly told PH not to sign a player, and told him he wasn’t worth the money, but PH ignored him and went ahead with it anyway? Or the person who text you was at least present and heard the conversation?

Is that what you’re saying, or are you saying someone text you to tell you someone else had done something and they’d heard about it? There’s a big difference.

Hibbyradge
15-10-2019, 08:16 AM
I don’t always agree with you SL, but this is pretty much my take on it too. Transfer fee of 350,000 is a joke, even with the convoluted add ons. Amazing level of naivety that some think anything speculated on in the Sun could be accurate. What was quoted was board propaganda, swallowed wholesale and regurgitated add infinitum on here by those who don’t really like Hibs that much.

Amazing amount of naivety from some who think that everything the Sun prints is automatically wrong.

SickBoy32
15-10-2019, 08:16 AM

Keep saying it and it might become true..

SickBoy32
15-10-2019, 08:17 AM
These players were PH's choices, 2 of them flagged by the recruitment team as not being good enough for the money, if there's any blame on the majority of our signings, they lay at the door of our so called head coach.

Absolutely spot on

angus hibby
15-10-2019, 08:30 AM

IIRC, when Doidge signed it was talked about in interviews that he’d been on the radar of the recruitment team for a good while as being someone who could do a good job for us.

J-C
15-10-2019, 08:31 AM
You got a text telling from someone who told you that they directly told PH not to sign a player, and told him he wasn’t worth the money, but PH ignored him and went ahead with it anyway? Or the person who text you was at least present and heard the conversation?

Is that what you’re saying, or are you saying someone text you to tell you someone else had done something and they’d heard about it? There’s a big difference.

Got a text from someone within the club saying Heckingbottom had ignored the recruitment team on certain players and wanted certain players signed anyway. These players have came from the Championship and wont be cheap wages, signing on fees etc, recruitment team felt there was better for less wages. Notice that our budget has gone on less players than we actually need, we're still short on a couple of positions.

J-C
15-10-2019, 08:48 AM
IIRC, when Doidge signed it was talked about in interviews that he’d been on the radar of the recruitment team for a good while as being someone who could do a good job for us.

Never mentioned Doidge, the 2 names I got were Vela and Newell.

mcfly
15-10-2019, 09:29 AM
Absolutely spot on

We have to win the next 2 games and win well.

If not the manager will be gone. Fans are uninspired by him and the Ross county game at Easter road could be his last.

I wish him well but he’s the wrong choice for me and will only turn fans away from Easter road.

angus hibby
15-10-2019, 10:45 AM
We have to win the next 2 games and win well.

If not the manager will be gone. Fans are uninspired by him and the Ross county game at Easter road could be his last.

I wish him well but he’s the wrong choice for me and will only turn fans away from Easter road.

So if we win them both 1-0 or 2-1, he’ll be sacked? Don’t think so.

FilipinoHibs
15-10-2019, 12:21 PM
Ronaldo. What a cheesy tosser of an out of court settling alleged rapist of a role model he turned out to be.
The EPL. Rooney with his Cigars and grannies. Giggs the superinjunctor. John Terry the er, well, just John the loathsome racist cheating twat Terry.

All hugely decorated millions of caps and medals and never spotted up George Street once.

The alleged rape victim broke the silence on the out of court settlement and tried to bring a fresh case. Dismissed as no evidence to prosecute Ronaldo. Not saying the boy is innocent but no case to answer for.

Ronaldo has given millions to help Nepal earthquake victims and and Gaza's besieged Palestinian children. Him and Messi have highlighted the Palestinian suffering and cause.

MrRobot
15-10-2019, 12:28 PM
Absolutely no problem with players going out and having a drink in their own time.

WhileTheChief..
15-10-2019, 12:32 PM

Are there any Hibs fans on here that don’t really like Hibs that much?

Or are you just trying to have a dig at your fellow fans?!

WhileTheChief..
15-10-2019, 12:36 PM
Amazing amount of naivety from some who think that everything the Sun prints is automatically wrong.

It’s the fashionable thing to do on here.

You’re not allowed to like reading any paper, apart from maybe The National.

You’re also meant to call it a rag and state that you’ve never bought it in decades.

flash
15-10-2019, 02:33 PM

You’re also meant to call it a rag and state that you’ve never bought it in decades.
I haven't bought it in decades but then again I was alive during Hillsborough. Anybody still buying it after that needs to take a good long look at themself.

WhileTheChief..
15-10-2019, 02:46 PM
It's still the biggest selling daily paper in the UK.

That's a lot of people that need to take a look at themselves!!

Hibeesmad
15-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Many of our players are out and about on the weekends having a drink. John McGinn was out more often than others during his time here and he seems to be doing okay.

mcfly
15-10-2019, 02:54 PM
So if we win them both 1-0 or 2-1, he’ll be sacked? Don’t think so.

He should be sacked.

The stats don’t lie. 1 win in the league, crowds are down
Football is boring.

flash
15-10-2019, 03:39 PM

Aye sadly it is.

JimBHibees
15-10-2019, 03:40 PM

Probably because it is an anti working man rag

JimBHibees
15-10-2019, 03:41 PM

Undoubtedly

Yorkshire HFC
15-10-2019, 04:05 PM

I've always been puzzled about why it's only footballers who ae expected to be tee-total.

What about doctors or dentists who work on bodies every day - are they allowed to drink?

And bricklayers and plumbers - it's okay to have a hungover plumber fixing your boiler?

Brightside
15-10-2019, 04:10 PM
I’m not sure we’d get the same thread if someone said Porto was having a bevy last night. Or if Scott Allan is constantly seen coming home with a Chinese takeaway?

The 90+2
15-10-2019, 04:14 PM
I’m not sure we’d get the same thread if someone said Porto was having a bevy last night. Or if Scott Allan is constantly seen coming home with a Chinese takeaway?

Obviously not, they’ve performed in a hibs jersey.

J-C
15-10-2019, 04:28 PM
I've always been puzzled about why it's only footballers who ae expected to be tee-total.

What about doctors or dentists who work on bodies every day - are they allowed to drink?

And bricklayers and plumbers - it's okay to have a hungover plumber fixing your boiler?

Being a top athlete and lots of alcohol doesn't help physically, the alcohol restricts the body's ability to recover and grow. Doctors,dentists etc need their brains more than their physique.

There's nothing to suggest having the occasional drink is bad for you, it's only human to want to chill now and then but if you're an athlete and drinking regularly, your body will soon suffer and you might not reach your potential.

As has been said, no one knows if Doidge was just drinking soft drinks, if he had been seen 3-4 night a week pissed in Tigerlily, then we should be concerned.

jacomo
15-10-2019, 04:49 PM

Wow.

basehibby
15-10-2019, 04:59 PM

A lot of people are devoid of principles - or just thick as pig ****

calumhibee1
15-10-2019, 05:05 PM

I’m sure that we wouldn’t. Throw in the fact that nobody has a clue if he was even drinking, how much he drank or how often he does it and we’ve got the perfect storm for slating him for nothing.

Diclonius
15-10-2019, 05:10 PM

Public engagement with something is in no way an indicator of its quality.

Also, newspaper readership in the UK is in terminal decline.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2019, 05:19 PM

i'd prefer him to come round and fix my boiler, or build me a new barbeque pished out his brains than watch him stroll about a football pitch.

Captain Trips
15-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Is a sausage roll from greggs acceptable? Just checking to see if it can go on the new campaign:

Avoid for Doidge.

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2019, 05:43 PM

This isn't about them being drunk while working, though. That is totally different and a sacking offence in many jobs.

bigwheel
15-10-2019, 05:49 PM
just recapping this one :

No one has confirmed whether or not Doidge was out drinking

No one has confirmed whether he had alcohol , even if he was out

Regardless, a number of people seem to be a bit annoyed at him - Feel he shouldn’t have - it isn’t professional for him to do so.

Some feel it is fine

Others feel it is sort of fine but only if he was performing well..or one of the fans favourites

Have I missed anything?

Wilson
15-10-2019, 06:03 PM

Regardless, a number of people seem to be a bit annoyed at him - Feel he shouldn’t have - it isn’t professional for him to do so.

Some feel it is fine

Others feel it is sort of fine but only if he was performing well..or one of the fans favourites

Have I missed anything?

What do you do with a drunken plumber early in the morning?

The Tubs
15-10-2019, 06:22 PM

Did he get a Joe McBride? That'll sort him out.

basehibby
15-10-2019, 06:22 PM

Football is an athletic pursuit for crying out loud! OK - it's not ideal to do ANY job with a hangover (particularly brain surgery or piloting a plane) but it's blindingly obvious that your athletic ability is all tied up with how you take care of your body - and regularly heading out on the piss is anything but good for your body.

Of course there is room for balance and most fans do NOT actually expect football players to be teatotal. They do however expect players to show professionalism and prepare for games properly. From what I can gather there is no suggestion Doidge has been out of order in this respect. He was seen up the toon on a Saturday night with no training the next day and no games to play for a week. In other words an absolute NON-story. Hope he relaxed and had fun and that translates onto the pitch sooner rather than later.

Danderhall Hibs
15-10-2019, 06:26 PM

Some feel it is fine

Have I missed anything?

Couple of folk got texts confirming we paid £350k and some also got texts stating that PH is over riding the scouting teams recommendations.

Tyler Durden
15-10-2019, 06:34 PM

You’re missing the point. You think that people shouldn’t criticise Doidge as we didn’t actually pay £350k for him. Even if we’d paid £50k, he’s been really poor to date and not value for money.

You also said earlier that nobody know what the fee is - absolutely correct. However now your take is that he cost closer to £130k. Cool

Tyler Durden
15-10-2019, 06:38 PM

The OP wasn’t actually about drinking. I’ve not really seen many people slagging Doidge for being out on the town. Most people that are slagging Doidge are doing so based on his performances for Hibs to date.

Fingers crossed he can start scoring goals and we can all move on

superfurryhibby
15-10-2019, 06:52 PM
You’re missing the point. You think that people shouldn’t criticise Doidge as we didn’t actually pay £350k for him. Even if we’d paid £50k, he’s been really poor to date and not value for money.

You also said earlier that nobody know what the fee is - absolutely correct. However now your take is that he cost closer to £130k. Cool

Actually, I never said no one shouldn’t criticise him. You’re just making that up, cool.

He’s been disappointing so far, but so have most of the side this season, even the players Heckingbottom didn’t sign. I just object to the myth making and using it as a a stick to beat Hibs.

As for the fee, it’s all guesswork. I did also mention the legendary add ons and propaganda from the previous board as well. The Gloucestershire press said close to 250,000k, I would say when all the permutations are added on, that is probably reasonable supposition. I am definitely unconvinced Hibs lashed out 350,000 or anything close on a transfer fee in the last 15 years though and I very much doubt Forest Green will ever see 250,000k from us either, though I live in hope.

Yorkshire HFC
15-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Absolute rubbish! You would let someone pished out their brains to work on your boiler? Think what you said man. Putting the safety of yourself and family, neighbours and probably the whole street at risk. Surely you jest no?

Society deems it acceptable for people in charge of lives to drink - but it’s not okay for a footballer - the world has gone mad! Or has always been mad.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Absolute rubbish! You would let someone pished out their brains to work on your boiler? Think what you said man. Putting the safety of yourself and family, neighbours and probably the whole street at risk. Surely you jest no?

Have an educated guess. :wink:

Captain Trips
15-10-2019, 08:00 PM

Bolier guy has drink on Saturday day off fixes boiler on Monday, no issues with that I assume? I don't, would seem completely normal.

Doidge wasn't playing at the time or just about to within hours so to me it's the same.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2019, 09:31 PM
Well that's a relief. Thought you might have been another of the psychopaths that post on here.... :greengrin

No worries, i'd settle for him doing my root canal treatment instead. :greengrin

ian cruise
15-10-2019, 09:40 PM
The OP wasn’t actually about drinking. I’ve not really seen many people slagging Doidge for being out on the town. Most people that are slagging Doidge are doing so based on his performances for Hibs to date.

No but after the Aberdeen game when people were looking for more reasons to have a go there was a mischievous post saying "Hes up town again the night" with no more details than that, which started a feeding frenzy of folk ready to have a pop, and then others defending him. This all from a post that didn't actually give us any details of wrongdoing, but definitely read in a way that implied a return to the George St crowd of the Fenlon and Calderwood years.

matty_f
15-10-2019, 09:50 PM

How far do you think that money goes?

It's not as simple as the club brings in X for a player so can spend X on a replacement.

It's not a false economy, the false economy is in the heads of the experts that don't have the responsibility of managing the budget.

Hibbyradge
15-10-2019, 10:02 PM

It's about physicality and athleticism not mental ability.

A plumber can drink 8 pints a night and still be able to replace your ballcock.

An athlete who drinks alcohol may still be able to run, but maybe not as fast, as far, or for as long as one who abstains.

Hibbyradge
15-10-2019, 10:06 PM

Sorry, but that's hilarious :hilarious

Hibbyradge
15-10-2019, 10:06 PM
Well that's a relief. Thought you might have been another of the psychopaths that post on here.... :greengrin

He is :agree:

Ronniekirk
15-10-2019, 10:14 PM

Some feel it is fine

Have I missed anything?

Yes I couldn’t give a F—k I just want him to start scoring

Captain Trips
15-10-2019, 10:15 PM
Bill Werbeniuk was noted for the copious amounts of alcohol he consumed before and during matches – at least six pints before a match and then one pint for each frame. In total, he drank between 40 and 50 pints of lager per day.[1][3] Doctors advised Werbeniuk to drink alcohol to counteract a familial benign essential tremor.[4] Later in his career he also took propranolol, a beta blocker, to cope with the effects of his alcohol consumption on his heart.[5]

Bill was also famously reported in the UK tabloid press as successfully claiming the cost of 6 pints of lager before every match as a tax deductible expense.[2]

Some of Werbeniuk's most famous feats of drinking include: 76 cans of lager during a game with John Spencer in Australia in the 1970s;[1] 43 pints of lager in a snooker match/drinking contest against Scotsman Eddie Sinclair in which, after Sinclair had passed out following his 42nd pint, Werbeniuk was reported to say "I'm away to the bar now for a proper drink";[6] 28 pints of lager and 16 whiskies over the course of 11 frames during a match against Nigel Bond, in January 1990 – after which Werbeniuk then consumed an entire bottle of Scotch to "drown his sorrows" after losing the match.[1]

Hibbyradge
15-10-2019, 10:29 PM
Bill Werbeniuk was noted for the copious amounts of alcohol he consumed before and during matches – at least six pints before a match and then one pint for each frame. In total, he drank between 40 and 50 pints of lager per day.[1][3] Doctors advised Werbeniuk to drink alcohol to counteract a familial benign essential tremor.[4] Later in his career he also took propranolol, a beta blocker, to cope with the effects of his alcohol consumption on his heart.[5]

Bill was also famously reported in the UK tabloid press as successfully claiming the cost of 6 pints of lager before every match as a tax deductible expense.[2]

Some of Werbeniuk's most famous feats of drinking include: 76 cans of lager during a game with John Spencer in Australia in the 1970s;[1] 43 pints of lager in a snooker match/drinking contest against Scotsman Eddie Sinclair in which, after Sinclair had passed out following his 42nd pint, Werbeniuk was reported to say "I'm away to the bar now for a proper drink";[6] 28 pints of lager and 16 whiskies over the course of 11 frames during a match against Nigel Bond, in January 1990 – after which Werbeniuk then consumed an entire bottle of Scotch to "drown his sorrows" after losing the match.[1]

How was he at timing runs behind the central defenders?

(I'm pretty sure he had plenty of runs!)

Smartie
15-10-2019, 11:03 PM

An athlete who drinks alcohol may still be able to run, but maybe not as fast, as far, or for as long as one who abstains.

If I was having gender reassignment surgery I'd be looking to have it carried out by someone with a steadier hand and less fuzzy head than a functional alcoholic plumber.

oldbutdim
15-10-2019, 11:13 PM
What do you do with a drunken plumber early in the morning?

Put him in the long bath till he's sober, hooray etc etc until lunchtime probably.

FilipinoHibs
16-10-2019, 07:10 AM

Affects mental ability : decision making: reaction time; and physical ability. Not just Andy Murray who abstained from alcohol during the 10 month season but all top 500 players. Because they strive to be the best they can be. From the posts on here we still don't get what it takes to be a top footballer. Why we have lagged the world for years.

Ronniekirk
16-10-2019, 07:14 AM

How many Toilet breaks did he need ffs

superfurryhibby
16-10-2019, 07:15 AM

It's not as simple as the club brings in X for a player so can spend X on a replacement.

It's not a false economy, the false economy is in the heads of the experts that don't have the responsibility of managing the budget.

That’s a tad dismissive.

There is also a case for saying that the club needed to maintain the momentum of the past few years, providing a budget that assisted the management to sign players of the calibre required to keep performance levels at the necessary standard and help ensure fans don’t lose interest.

The club have been well resourced in recent years, unfortunately it took relegation to loosen the purse strings ( that should never have been allowed in the first place).

When you consider the standard of player signed since we were relegated, and take into account the record season ticket sales, income from transfers, wages saved on high earners like, McGinn, Milligan, Ambrose, leaving, do you seriously believe that the current squad has had the same level of investment?

Looks like different experts are happy for us to slide back to comfortable levels of mid- lower table mediocrity. Shame, we’ll be back to playing in front of 8-90000 people though, masterplan

BILLYHIBS
16-10-2019, 07:25 AM
That’s a tad dismissive.

There is also a case for saying that the club needed to maintain the momentum of the past few years, providing a budget that assisted the management to sign players of the calibre required to keep performance levels at the necessary standard and help ensure fans don’t lose interest.

The club have been well resourced in recent years, unfortunately it took relegation to loosen the purse strings ( that should never have been allowed in the first place).

When you consider the standard of player signed since we were relegated, and take into account the record season ticket sales, income from transfers, wages saved on high earners like, McGinn, Milligan, Ambrose, leaving, do you seriously believe that the current squad has had the same level of investment?

Looks like different experts are happy for us to slide back to comfortable levels of mid- lower table mediocrity. Shame, we’ll be back to playing in front of 8-90000 people though, masterplan

Serious chance of this happening already you can already see the gaps as existing ST holders for whatever reason stay away

Hopefully Wee Ron will not stand by and allow this to happen

Hibbyradge
16-10-2019, 08:08 AM
If I was having gender reassignment surgery I'd be looking to have it carried out by someone with a steadier hand and less fuzzy head than a functional alcoholic plumber.

You ok Hun?

Wanna talk about it?

Hibbyradge
16-10-2019, 08:09 AM
Haha! You've never heard the phrase - never kid a kidder? Never ever take anything literally on here. Loads of comedians about.

That's why I was laughing. :greengrin

SickBoy32
16-10-2019, 08:16 AM
That’s a tad dismissive.

Totally agree that the club needed to maintain, and build on recent momentum.

However, I would say that PH appears to have been very well backed in comparison to previous Hibs managers. Big transfer fee, 3 year deals etc.

He has signed very very poorly, blame must lie at his door, not the boards. He won't get another transfer window though, as his sub-par signings will get him punted.

Diclonius
16-10-2019, 08:19 AM
99% of past players who are famous for the whole "aye he drank 500 pints and still played football really well" thing wouldn't be able to compete in today's climate, as footballers as a whole are more health-conscious, fitter and more professional.

Any examples of any footballers playing today who are always blootered every weekend but still world-class? :dunno:

worcesterhibby
16-10-2019, 08:54 AM
OK to sum up then...

Doidge might have been seen in an establishment that sells alcohol (definitely once, maybe twice)
Nobody is very sure if he was actually drinking or not
There are no reports whatsoever (let alone evidence) of him drinking to excess
We can all remember footballers of the past who were good at both drinking and scoring
That probably isn't a good idea anymore
Actually it probably wasn't a good idea at the time (see George Best, Paul Merson, Tony Adams etc)
There is an element on here that love to get at our players as soon as we are not playing well
Andy Murray is cool and doesn't drink
Bill Werbeniuk is an absolute animal

Can we knock it on the head now ?

matty_f
16-10-2019, 09:12 AM
That’s a tad dismissive.

I don't think it's dismissive at all.

The suggestion that the club have worked on a false-economy doesn't stand up to scrutiny. We've spent money, more than in previous seasons from what I can take from the various reports at the time players were signed.

I'm not arguing that the money was spent wisely, based on current evidence there are still some big question marks around some of the signings, that's not to say that they won't turn out to be money well spent over the length of their contracts (or that they will).

I haven't seen anyone say that they're happy with the current position or that they're satisfied with the prospect of a poorer team playing in front of smaller crowds. I would think none of us want that or would be prepared to 'accept' it.

It's easy to say that we've scrimped on spending money but harder to back that position up. Just because a player hasn't hit the ground running doesn't then mean that they were the cheap option.

That's what I objected to and I stand by it 100%.

Diclonius
16-10-2019, 09:15 AM
OK to sum up then...

Doidge might have been seen in an establishment that sells alcohol (definitely once, maybe twice)
We can all remember footballers of the past who were good at both drinking and scoring
Actually it probably wasn't a good idea at the time (see George Best, Paul Merson, Tony Adams etc)
There is an element on here that love to get at our players as soon as we are not playing well

Can we knock it on the head now ?

Sure!

I still think he'll come good anyhow.

hibsbollah
16-10-2019, 09:22 AM
99% of past players who are famous for the whole "aye he drank 500 pints and still played football really well" thing wouldn't be able to compete in today's climate, as footballers as a whole are more health-conscious, fitter and more professional.

Any examples of any footballers playing today who are always blootered every weekend but still world-class? :dunno:

N'golo Khante.

Bostonhibby
16-10-2019, 09:24 AM
OK to sum up then...

Can we knock it on the head now ?[emoji106]

But I do think we should sign that Werbenuik guy before someone else gazumps us, could easily fill the Conrad Logan role.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
16-10-2019, 09:26 AM

They are however using a fee that they have no idea whether it’s correct or not as a stick to beat him with.

Captain Trips
16-10-2019, 09:35 AM
They are however using a fee that they have no idea whether it’s correct or not as a stick to beat him with.

For me the fee for anyone we buy is irrelevant they are either doing a job or not.

J-C
16-10-2019, 09:37 AM

£350k or £150k means nowt, hes not scoring at the minute which means he's worth £0.

Peevemor
16-10-2019, 09:47 AM
[emoji106]

But I do think we should sign that Werbenuik guy before someone else gazumps us, could easily fill the Conrad Logan role.

He died in 2003.

hibsbollah
16-10-2019, 10:13 AM
He died in 2003.

Rubbish, I distinctly remember his outstanding performance in that semi final vs Dundee Utd.

N'golo Werbeniek likes his ale. It doesn't make him a bad person, mind.

calumhibee1
16-10-2019, 10:15 AM
£350k or £150k means nowt, hes not scoring at the minute which means he's worth £0.

Safe to say that that difference between £150k and £350k for Hibs doesn’t mean nowt.

Bostonhibby
16-10-2019, 10:27 AM
He died in 2003.Okay, maybe not as quick as he was but might still improve our midfield? [emoji6]

J-C
16-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Safe to say that that difference between £150k and £350k for Hibs doesn’t mean nowt.

You obviously didn't get the point of my post, it doesn't matter what we paid because right now he's worth nothing due to not scoring.

matty_f
16-10-2019, 10:58 AM
You obviously didn't get the point of my post, it doesn't matter what we paid because right now he's worth nothing due to not scoring.

Last comment deleted- absolutely no need for that.

matty_f
16-10-2019, 10:59 AM

A striker who doesn't score in a handful of games is worth zero? Interesting perspective.

The 90+2
16-10-2019, 11:13 AM
A striker who doesn't score in a handful of games is worth zero? Interesting perspective.

I don’t think we would get any money for him if he became available in January at this rate - hopefully that changes.

hibsbollah
16-10-2019, 11:23 AM
I don’t think we would get any money for him if he became available in January at this rate - hopefully that changes.

Course we would get money for him, clubs will see his prior scoring record and league one clubs that were in for him last year won't discount him just because a move to a new country didn't work out. (and it still might).

Anyway, this Werbeniek guy is clearly the answer.

calumhibee1
16-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Last comment deleted- absolutely no need for that.

I’ve missed what he said but it’s not the first time, he deleted it himself the last time after someone else called him out for it. A forum maybe isn’t the place for you JC if you have a ****ing meltdown when someone you’ve never met posts something.

calumhibee1
16-10-2019, 11:34 AM

He’s not worth nothing.

Biggie
16-10-2019, 11:35 AM
Okay, maybe not as quick as he was but might still improve our midfield? [emoji6]

"Not as quick as he was......." 😭😭😭

Tyler Durden
16-10-2019, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=calumhibee1;5956794]They are however using a fee that they have no idea whether it’s correct or not as a stick to beat him with.[/QUOTE

As you usually do, you’ve ignored the parts of my post that don’t suit your argument.

The manager himself built Doidge up as a signing that was a statement of intent. Clearly he should then be judged as a pivotal player for Hibs, regardless of his fee?

You choose to focus on the fee being potentially inaccurate rather than the substance of people’s criticism of Doidge.

Tyler Durden
16-10-2019, 12:02 PM
That’s a tad dismissive.

Dempster was very explicit that Hibs went down a route of carrying a smaller squad this year but spending more on the players brought in. In theory a quality over quantity approach.

You mentioned the calibre of player recruited since Dempster has been in place. It was only in January that we offered Efe a record deal to stay, let’s not forget.

What exactly makes you think the budget has decreased this year? Where is the money going?

I’m as disappointed as anyone with the players brought in, but I don’t think they came cheap.

calumhibee1
16-10-2019, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=calumhibee1;5956794]They are however using a fee that they have no idea whether it’s correct or not as a stick to beat him with.[/QUOTE

As you usually do, you’ve ignored the parts of my post that don’t suit your argument.

The manager himself built Doidge up as a signing that was a statement of intent. Clearly he should then be judged as a pivotal player for Hibs, regardless of his fee?

You choose to focus on the fee being potentially inaccurate rather than the substance of people’s criticism of Doidge.

I’m not debating some of the points in your original post. I think Doidge will come good but there’s no doubting we need more from him as you’ve said.

The fee has been very relevant to some people though who can’t wait to use it to slate him because of it. In reality though, nobody has a clue what we paid for him. People are using the fee as a reason to be critical of him when they don’t even know what we paid.

WhileTheChief..
16-10-2019, 12:38 PM
I think a fairly large chunk of the budget has been spent on recruiting staff instead of players.

calumhibee1
16-10-2019, 12:39 PM
I think a fairly large chunk of the budget has been spent on recruiting staff instead of players.

The amount of staff in the squad photo seemed to be a bit excessive.

J-C
16-10-2019, 12:50 PM
I’ve missed what he said but it’s not the first time, he deleted it himself the last time after someone else called him out for it. A forum maybe isn’t the place for you JC if you have a ****ing meltdown when someone you’ve never met posts something.
Been here for over 13 years and have no problems discussing subjects with most posters, it can be hard going with others, that was the gist of my post. I find it hard when people just repost the same thing over and over, or refuse to take other views into consideration.

calumhibee1
16-10-2019, 12:52 PM
Been here for over 13 years and gave no problems discussing subjects with most posters, it can be hard going with others, that was the gist of my post. I find it hard when people just repost the same thing over and over, or refuse to take other views into consideration.

And if you’ve had to have it deleted for you I’d suggest that’s a very diluted version of it. Twice you’ve had some personal dig at me now which have both been apparently out of order, it’s pathetic.

You do realise that the vast majority of people post the same thing over and over? Very rarely does someone read something on here and go “ahh, that’s my mind changed then”.

The 90+2
16-10-2019, 12:58 PM
Course we would get money for him, clubs will see his prior scoring record and league one clubs that were in for him last year won't discount him just because a move to a new country didn't work out. (and it still might).

Anyway, this Werbeniek guy is clearly the answer.

I disagree at the moment. There’s nothing to indicate he can step up from league two. I still think there’s a player in there though and we won’t have to worry about flogging him next summer.

Allant1981
16-10-2019, 01:08 PM
I disagree at the moment. There’s nothing to indicate he can step up from league two. I still think there’s a player in there though and we won’t have to worry about flogging him next summer.

If there is still a player there then surely he will come good and we wont have to flog him

J-C
16-10-2019, 01:20 PM
He’s not worth nothing.

Ok then, he's worth something but when he's not scoring goals, his value isn't worth whatever money was paid. The fee itself is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is we're not getting value for any money that was paid.

Now he might score the next match and score for fun till the end of the season but at this moment in time it doesn't look that way,I hop he proves me and many others wrong but I cant see it.

J-C
16-10-2019, 01:27 PM
And if you’ve had to have it deleted for you I’d suggest that’s a very diluted version of it. Twice you’ve had some personal dig at me now which have both been apparently out of order, it’s pathetic.

You do realise that the vast majority of people post the same thing over and over? Very rarely does someone read something on here and go “ahh, that’s my mind changed then”.

Nothing personal against you Callum, I just find it hard going discussing things with you due to your style and slight pigheaded way of looking at things, part of the post was deleted because of a swear word.

I've had my mind changed before and have deleted posts or apologies when in the wrong but like you I'll stand my ground if I have a point to make.

Anyway I'm not wanting to argue about this, time to move on and talk about football.

snedzuk
16-10-2019, 01:30 PM

Heres what was reported in relation to the statement of intent:-
Paul Heckingbottom (https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/people/paul-heckingbottom/) believes Hibernian (https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hibernian/) have made a statement of intent with the signing of Forest Green striker Christian Doidge (https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/people/christian-doidge/).The Leith outfit have agreed an undisclosed fee for the 26-year-old who struck 66 goals in 122 games for the Sky Bet League Two outfit.
Heckingbottom's team of scouts spent months tracking the Welshman and the Easter Road boss is delighted to have beaten off a host of rival suitors to secure his signature on a three-year deal.
"We think Christian's signing is a real statement of intent and I'm delighted we were able to fend off other interested clubs to secure his signature," said Heckingbottom.
"The recruitment staff here have been looking at Christian for a while now and he's also someone who was on my radar.

"We think he's well suited to Scottish football, whether that's leading the line or working with a partner.
"Christian is intelligent, has good movement, scores different types of goals, can handle himself physically and will press well from the front.
"He gives us something different up top.

hibeerealist
16-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Been here for over 13 years and have no problems discussing subjects with most posters, it can be hard going with others, that was the gist of my post. I find it hard when people just repost the same thing over and over, or refuse to take other views into consideration.

I have always found your posts interesting and non offensive J-C, I cant comment on the one deleted by Admins however dont let that curtail your posting!!

GGTTH

hibeerealist
16-10-2019, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;5956864]

Heres what was reported in relation to the statement of intent:-
Paul Heckingbottom (https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/people/paul-heckingbottom/) believes Hibernian (https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hibernian/) have made a statement of intent with the signing of Forest Green striker Christian Doidge (https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/people/christian-doidge/).

The Leith outfit have agreed an undisclosed fee for the 26-year-old who struck 66 goals in 122 games for the Sky Bet League Two outfit.
Heckingbottom's team of scouts spent months tracking the Welshman and the Easter Road boss is delighted to have beaten off a host of rival suitors to secure his signature on a three-year deal.
"We think Christian's signing is a real statement of intent and I'm delighted we were able to fend off other interested clubs to secure his signature," said Heckingbottom.
"The recruitment staff here have been looking at Christian for a while now and he's also someone who was on my radar.

"We think he's well suited to Scottish football, whether that's leading the line or working with a partner.
"Christian is intelligent, has good movement, scores different types of goals, can handle himself physically and will press well from the front.
"He gives us something different up top.

That is pretty clear and backs up what TD said. It may not disclose a fee but to "fend off a host of interested clubs to secure his signature" it is VERY likely Hibs paid top dollar or close to. Personally, I think the £350K is certainly realistic.

hibeerealist
16-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Nothing personal against you Callum, I just find it hard going discussing things with you due to your style and slight pigheaded way of looking at things, part of the post was deleted because of a swear word.

I've had my mind changed before and have deleted posts or apologies when in the wrong but like you I'll stand my ground if I have a point to make.

Anyway I'm not wanting to argue about this, time to move on and talk about football.

I gave up some time ago J-C.

The 90+2
16-10-2019, 01:44 PM
If there is still a player there then surely he will come good and we wont have to flog him

Yep. Pretty much what I said mate 👍

Allant1981
16-10-2019, 02:05 PM
Yep. Pretty much what I said mate 👍

Sorry I thought you meant we wouldnt have any trouble punting him

J-C
16-10-2019, 02:06 PM
I have always found your posts interesting and non offensive J-C, I cant comment on the one deleted by Admins however dont let that curtail your posting!!

GGTTH

👍

The 90+2
16-10-2019, 02:10 PM
Sorry I thought you meant we wouldnt have any trouble punting him

No bother I can see why the post might have looked that way 👍

Scotty Leither
16-10-2019, 03:47 PM

I think that monies brought in should stretch to a bit further than £130k, Matty (which is what we paid for Doidge, btw).

We seem to be on the same trajectory of past mistakes where we sold players for top dollar and brought in utter (cheap) dross like Paddy Cregg and Joe Meenan to replace Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson.

That famous accountant's parsimony brought us two relegations; an escape from relegation via the play-offs, and some god-awful teams with the attendant humiliating results in between - in short a far from "expert" strategy coupled with an obsession with spending big on infrastructure that seems to be the new Board's operating model too.

"False economy" is buying cheap and paying twice, an assertion that I stand by too, as we've been in this movie before, and it never ends well.

bigwheel
16-10-2019, 04:05 PM
I think that monies brought in should stretch to a bit further than £130k, Matty (which is what we paid for Doidge, btw).

We seem to be on the same trajectory of past mistakes where we sold players for top dollar and brought in utter (cheap) dross like Paddy Cregg and Joe Meenan to replace Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson.

That famous accountant's parsimony brought us two relegations; an escape from relegation via the play-offs, and some god-awful teams with the attendant humiliating results in between - in short a far from "expert" strategy coupled with an obsession with spending big on infrastructure that seems to be the new Board's operating model too.

"False economy" is buying cheap and paying twice, an assertion that I stand by too, as we've been in this movie before, and it never ends well.

Joe Keenan ...ugh...he was up (down!) there with the very worst of our signings ...

Certainly feels like we have not signed well enough

Another factor that is not being discussed much is that we have lost a bit of “team cohesiveness “..the last few years we have had a strong bond across our group ..and a good set of leaders who brought the fighting spirit out in the group...it isn’t as obvious in this squad..often under-estimated but teamwork doesn’t come by accident - has to be created by how the players work (and play) together

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2019, 04:35 PM
I dont think £350k is an unreasonable guess, going by newspaper reports and agent talk, when he was supposed to be worth £1m the season before when Bolton were interested at that price but were a basket case.

ancient hibee
18-10-2019, 09:38 AM
I see that Heck says that Doidge was not brought in to score goals but to do other things.That seems to me to be a complete waste of a large part of our new player budget-or is he just casting about to get himself off the hook(poor fishing technique).Who did he expect to score the goals?

Smartie
18-10-2019, 09:57 AM
I see that Heck says that Doidge was not brought in to score goals but to do other things.That seems to me to be a complete waste of a large part of our new player budget-or is he just casting about to get himself off the hook(poor fishing technique).Who did he expect to score the goals?

This, exactly.

I accept one up front can work but they normally need to score goals. If not you need to have multiple other players chipping in.

Strange quote.

hibsbollah
18-10-2019, 10:12 AM

Again, there's nothing wrong with what he says here. Strikers need to do more than score goals, surely everyone knows that, obvious. Equally obvious that he's saying it to try to take the pressure off his under fire striker. Constantly finding fault in everything he says is just boring.

Barman Stanton
18-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Again, there's nothing wrong with what he says here. Strikers need to do more than score goals, surely everyone knows that, obvious. Equally obvious that he's saying it to try to take the pressure off his under fire striker. Constantly finding fault in everything he says is just boring.

This. What I took from it was its disappointing he has missed the chances but he was getting into the positions and Hecky is pleased with other parts of his game.

People are actively looking for fault in everything our manager says.

B.H.F.C
18-10-2019, 10:25 AM
This. What I took from it was its disappointing he has missed the chances but he was getting into the positions and Hecky is pleased with other parts of his game.

It’s typical, generic managerial pish.

He’s a striker, he needs to score goals. He knows it, Heckingbottom knows it and we all know it.

Barman Stanton
18-10-2019, 10:31 AM
It’s typical, generic managerial pish.

He’s a striker, he needs to score goals. He knows it, Heckingbottom knows it and we all know it.

Yeah but slating him in the media is hardly going to help a guy low on confidence. Journalists know that the Hibs support are currently restless as f***. They are deliberately asking questions that can provide headlines that will create discussion (and piss off the support). He has to answer these questions in some way.

FilipinoHibs
18-10-2019, 10:50 AM
The guy dies not have the balance, poise, quickness of thought or skill to be a striker at this level. Any big buddy can win high balls pumped up to him. He has been a waste of our budget and we will pay the price for some time.

MWHIBBIES
18-10-2019, 11:06 AM
The guy dies not have the balance, poise, quickness of thought or skill to be a striker at this level. Any big buddy can win high balls pumped up to him. He has been a waste of our budget and we will pay the price for some time.

He's one signing, he isn't going to make us pay any price for some time.

No club is ever more than a few good transfer windows away from being really good. This ''some time'' patter and ''set us back years'' is just nonsense.

tamig
18-10-2019, 11:09 AM

Ok. Lets wait and see. I still reckon he’ll come good.

The 90+2
18-10-2019, 11:15 AM

Exactly. His job is to header the hoofs.

Captain Trips
18-10-2019, 11:29 AM

I really do not care what anyone says, he is upfront and needs to score goals, other stuff is great but lets get the basics sorted. Im interested to know as a lone striker what else is there to do? 1 upfront simply has to score and anything else is waffle.

Allant1981
18-10-2019, 11:40 AM
I really do not care what anyone says, he is upfront and needs to score goals, other stuff is great but lets get the basics sorted. Im interested to know as a lone striker what else is there to do? 1 upfront simply has to score and anything else is waffle.

Anything else is not waffle, of course we want a lone striker to score goals but they have to bring others into play, win balls in the air, hold it up for others to help attack. Much more to it than just scoring goals, it's also a lot harder for the striker to score playing up front on his own if others dont join in

Captain Trips
18-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Anything else is not waffle, of course we want a lone striker to score goals but they have to bring others into play, win balls in the air, hold it up for others to help attack. Much more to it than just scoring goals, it's also a lot harder for the striker to score playing up front on his own if others dont join in

Join in with what? Its a crock of pish and a public excuse to take heat of himself and then player.

Allant1981
18-10-2019, 11:57 AM
Join in with what? Its a crock of pish and a public excuse to take heat of himself and then player.

To join in an attack, you clearly dont have a clue about the role do you

Barman Stanton
18-10-2019, 11:59 AM
I really do not care what anyone says, he is upfront and needs to score goals, other stuff is great but lets get the basics sorted. I'm interested to know as a lone striker what else is there to do? 1 upfront simply has to score and anything else is waffle.

To be honest that shows a lack of understanding of the role. Often a lone striker or target man is also used to bring others into play. Hold the ball up, play to the wingers etc. Saying his only role is to score goals is the only waffle here.

Barman Stanton
18-10-2019, 11:59 AM

Spot on. He clearly hasnt a clue how a target man should play.

Captain Trips
18-10-2019, 12:02 PM

Oh Hark at Jurgen Klopp.

No I dont have a clue that his job is to bring in others no clue at all or lay off passes flick ons etc nah I never thought of this. All forward thinking players should be chipping in also, HOWEVER the main forward should be leading this by example but I will bow to your knowledge.

Captain Trips
18-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Spot on. He clearly hasnt a clue how a target man should play.

And his assistant Jose Mourinho

Barman Stanton
Oh Hark at Jurgen Klopp.

No I dont have a clue that his job is to bring in others no clue at all or lay off passes flick ons etc nah I never thought of this. All forward thinking players should be chipping in also, HOWEVER the main forward should be leading this by example but I will bow to your knowledge.

Your the one that said his only job is to score goals :dunno:

ancient hibee
I
To be honest that shows a lack of understanding of the role. Often a lone striker or target man is also used to bring others into play. Hold the ball up, play to the wingers etc. Saying his only role is to score goals is the only waffle here.

You mean like rolling the ball a few yards through the box to a guy that bursts a gut to get there?

Barman Stanton
18-10-2019, 12:07 PM
I

You mean like rolling the ball a few yards through the box to a guy that bursts a gut to get there?

Erm, yes. Or anyone else in the team. Sorry but I think Im missing your point.

Allant1981
18-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Oh Hark at Jurgen Klopp.

Nope not klopp by any manner of means, just know how the role should work and not blinkered

Captain Trips
18-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Your the one that said his only job is to score goals :dunno:

No I didnt His job is to score not his sole objective though and I did not state it was but it his main one. "waffle" refers to much of PH talk.

"other stuff is great" yes though can we please get the old scoring happening firstly. Fair enough if laying it off or flick ons and we are scoring but we are not.

Captain Trips
18-10-2019, 12:14 PM
Nope not klopp by any manner of means, just know how the role should work and not blinkered

Loan Forward: Score goals main outlet for goals, Bring others into play hold up ball to play in wingers or midfielders. Get on the end of things for yourself or set up others.

I would say a fair assessment of what I expect from the role. He fluffed his lines and had chances to "play in" others and also failed.

Im happy to see him have another go on Saturday but I am quite sick of PH and his waffle.

Barman Stanton
18-10-2019, 12:17 PM
No I didnt His job is to score not his sole objective though and I did not state it was but it his main one. "waffle" refers to much of PH talk.

"other stuff is great" yes though can we please get the old scoring happening firstly. Fair enough if laying it off or flick ons and we are scoring but we are not.

Mate, you literally said: "Im interested to know as a lone striker what else is there to do? 1 upfront simply has to score and anything else is waffle."

Pointing out that there is more to that role than just scoring goals doesnt make me Mourinho.

Captain Trips
18-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Mate, you literally said: "Im interested to know as a lone striker what else is there to do? 1 upfront simply has to score and anything else is waffle."

Pointing out that there is more to that role than just scoring goals doesnt make me Mourinho.

I was being facetious with what else is there to do, Im fully aware there are other parts but the main is goals, he is not scoring or setting up much.

Allant1981
18-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Loan Forward: Score goals main outlet for goals, Bring others into play hold up ball to play in wingers or midfielders. Get on the end of things for yourself or set up others.

I would say a fair assessment of what I expect from the role. He fluffed his lines and had chances to "play in" others and also failed.

Im happy to see him have another go on Saturday but I am quite sick of PH and his waffle.

Not quite what you posted earlier though is it

Gmack7
18-10-2019, 12:34 PM
9/2 1st scorer tomorrow FREE money

Captain Trips
18-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Not quite what you posted earlier though is it

I said his job is to score goals which it is.

The 90+2
18-10-2019, 12:43 PM

He’s failed to do any of them in the three games he’s played in though. He’s being used as an outlet for the defence to smash forward to and try and tussle with defenders.

J-C
18-10-2019, 12:54 PM
So he's been brought in to do the dirty work, if there's only 1 up top, who scores then? He has 2 sitting midfielders, Mallan that can score on the right and either Middleton or Horgan wide sitting too deep, Allan has to come deep for the ball to make things happen. He's already admitted to doing too much with player recruitment and has realised the scouting system does all that and probably better.

Allant1981
18-10-2019, 12:58 PM
So he's been brought in to do the dirty work, if there's only 1 up top, who scores then? He has 2 sitting midfielders, Mallan that can score on the right and either Middleton or Horgan wide sitting too deep, Allan has to come deep for the ball to make things happen. He's already admitted to doing too much with player recruitment and has realised the scouting system does all that and probably better.

This is the problem, if he has brought him in to do the dirty work then he needs to play 2 up front but cant see him changing things unfortunately, this seems to be his preferred tactic

Barman Stanton
18-10-2019, 01:01 PM
He’s failed to do any of them in the three games he’s played in though. He’s being used as an outlet for the defence to smash forward to and try and tussle with defenders.

Mate, I never said he has been in any way good at his job. I was just pointing out it was incorrect to say his job is only to score goals. Especially in that position.

I don't think anyone would deny he has been a big disappointment.

Scotty Leither
18-10-2019, 01:18 PM
What's frustrating is that he joins a long line of Hibs' recent number 9's such as Vine, Sodje, Kuqi, Dagnall, Matelevicuis (sp) et al who collectively couldn't/can't buy a goal.

Which once again comes back to Hibs' signing policy of ££££££s in and pennies out.

My_Wife_Camille
18-10-2019, 01:39 PM
What's frustrating is that he joins a long line of Hibs' recent number 9's such as Vine, Sodje, Kuqi, Dagnall, Matelevicuis (sp) et al who collectively couldn't/can't buy a goal.

Which once again comes back to Hibs' signing policy of ££££££s in and pennies out.
Clever player with good movement though.

The 90+2
18-10-2019, 01:39 PM
Mate, I never said he has been in any way good at his job. I was just pointing out it was incorrect to say his job is only to score goals. Especially in that position.

I don't think anyone would deny he has been a big disappointment.

Sound! I still think we can get more out him too.

Tyler Durden
18-10-2019, 01:53 PM
Erm, yes. Or anyone else in the team. Sorry but I think Im missing your point.

His point is that Doidge had the chance to roll a ball across the box to Allan for an open goal at Pittodrie. So he wasn’t too great at bringing others into the game on that occasion.

On the flip side, he did produce a good lay off on day one for Allan against St.Mirren.

Barman Stanton
18-10-2019, 02:06 PM
His point is that Doidge had the chance to roll a ball across the box to Allan for an open goal at Pittodrie. So he wasn’t too great at bringing others into the game on that occasion.

On the flip side, he did produce a good lay off on day one for Allan against St.Mirren.

Again, I never said he had played in any way well. Just stated that the guys in job in that position is not just to score goals.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-10-2019, 02:08 PM

Genuine question - Must have missed that admission is there a link to that? Would be an interesting read/listen...

Keith_M
18-10-2019, 02:46 PM
I think Doidge will come good against Hamilton and score a hat-trick.

Though I have been taking an awful lot of Cough Syrup for a couple of days...

J-C
18-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Genuine question - Must have missed that admission is there a link to that? Would be an interesting read/listen...

On the PH and Recruitment thread, part of the story in the EEN was about recruitment and he said this.

He said: “My jobs is too big now to be doing the recruitment, to be doing all the filtering of players. The way I see it, if you’re the manager or the head coach, you’re really involved at the front end of the process and you have to be really clear about the positions, type of player you want and what the team needs to look like.

“The more detail you give, the better. Then it’s up to the recruitment department to use that to filer their judgements, decisions and then present players. It’s a bigger factor now in being successful.

Now I don't know if he was meaning now or at his last job but he seems to give over the powers of recruiting to Graeme Mathie and his team.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Heckingbottom is a slaver, when we pay the kind of money we did for any player, we sure as hell want them to contribute more than this huddy does, and we certainly want goals from him too.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2019, 03:46 PM

Looks like put two pound on to lose two pound :greengrin

ekhibee
18-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Heckingbottom is a slaver, when we pay the kind of money we did for any player, we sure as hell want them to contribute more than this huddy does, and we certainly want goals from him too.

Totally agree.

Hermit Crab
18-10-2019, 04:14 PM

It is free money, for the bookie if you back that.

HibbyAndy
18-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Staggering that we are odds ON to win tomorrow .

JimBHibees
18-10-2019, 04:32 PM
Honestly think very tough game especially on that pitch. Imo Brian Rice has been good for them and has them playing a more attacking style. They are still up and down but think will be a test and we will do well to win however really need to start winning now.

Malthibby
18-10-2019, 04:43 PM
It is free money, for the bookie if you back that.

Don't like emphasising the negativity (apparently you have a reputation...) but cannot argue with that.
Hope most of us are wrong but so far he looks like a complete huddie.

Captain Trips
18-10-2019, 06:51 PM
This is the problem, if he has brought him in to do the dirty work then he needs to play 2 up front but cant see him changing things unfortunately, this seems to be his preferred tactic

Right so he is doing the dirty work for? nobody? so if he signed him to do that and has him on his own upfront the guy really is a joke of a manager.

FWIW my issue is with PH not so much Doidge however patience wearing thin on Doidge.

angus hibby
18-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Right so he is doing the dirty work for? nobody? so if he signed him to do that and has him on his own upfront the guy really is a joke of a manager.

FWIW my issue is with PH not so much Doidge however patience wearing thin on Doidge.

Your patience is wearing thin on Doidge after 4 league starts?? Give him a chance!! Game before last he was excellent and was a strong candidate for MOTM.

Captain Trips
18-10-2019, 08:13 PM
Your patience is wearing thin on Doidge after 4 league starts?? Give him a chance!! Game before last he was excellent and was a strong candidate for MOTM.

Starting to yes, Mom aye OK.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-10-2019, 08:24 PM

Bergkamp took 6 games the net for the Arrrz and then only manager 11 for his first season despite his pedigree then went on the become a lagend.

angus hibby
18-10-2019, 08:27 PM

Against Celtic, yes he was. He was excellent that game, gave their CH’s a torrid time.

matty_f
18-10-2019, 10:22 PM

That would be fine if we only signed Doidge, but the money also had to replace several other players.

Even then, £130k isn't the cost of signing Dodge, it's just a part of the cost.

In relative terms, he's not cheap and that's why your false economy chat is wrong.

Scott Allan never cost a fee - false economy?

Captain Trips
18-10-2019, 10:46 PM
Bergkamp took 6 games the net for the Arrrz and then only manager 11 for his first season despite his pedigree then went on the become a lagend.

Not a Legend for Inter so I fail to see the relevance. You saying after here Doidge becomes a legend for another club? As that is all your point makes about Bergkamp and Inter.

Again FWIW I think Doidge should get another game im critical of his manager more than Doidge.

calumhibee1
19-10-2019, 09:00 AM
Not a Legend for Inter so I fail to see the relevance. You saying after here Doidge becomes a legend for another club? As that is all your point makes about Bergkamp and Inter.

Again FWIW I think Doidge should get another game im critical of his manager more than Doidge.

The guy didn’t mention inter :confused: unless I’m missing something I thought the guys point was that he came to Arsenal, started slow and became a legend?

Since452
19-10-2019, 09:32 AM
2 goals for the big man today

hfc rd
19-10-2019, 09:59 AM
2 goals for the big man today

Hopefully.

Needs it, just for his confidence and to make up for his missed sitters against Aberdeen.

K Kay
19-10-2019, 10:39 AM
Hopefully.

Needs it, just for his confidence and to make up for his missed sitters against Aberdeen.

I remember Jim Blair scoring 2 against Rangers, it never done his confidence any good, he just could'nt make the step up to playing for a club of Hibs standing. Anybody out there thinks Hibs is a "wee" club needs to think again.:flag:

Hi Heid Yin
19-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Another game and our usual return from our most expensive summer signing!

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 04:41 PM

He played well today

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 04:41 PM

he just reminds me so much of Jim Blair going back a while, but even he managed to score a couple, this Doidge guy is just no very good at all.

PaulSmith
19-10-2019, 04:43 PM
He played well today

Stop it.

but i‘ll listen to what you think merits your comment “that he played well”

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Stop it.

but i‘ll listen to what you think merits your comment “that he played well”

Did you see the game? He won almost every single ball in the air today, he was linking up well when the midfield decided to come forward, had a goal chopped off that should have stood,anything else?

calumhibee1
19-10-2019, 04:47 PM
Should his goal have stood? Didn’t look anything wrong with it to me but haven’t seen it back.

Like Allant I thought he played quite well and he should be walking away having scored the winner.

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Should his goal have stood? Didn’t look anything wrong with it to me but haven’t seen it back.

Like Allant I thought he played quite well and he should be walking away having scored the winner.

I still dont rate him he just is no very good for a club like Hibs we need better that he can provide.

18Craig75
19-10-2019, 04:51 PM
Anyone saying he played well is majorly clutching at straws. He started well, with a few good links and won a couple of headers. After that he was blowing, behind play and not getting in to the box to try and get on the end of things. Second half he was anonymous apart from his disallowed goal. No idea if he was offside or not.

Kamberi showed more hunger and intent on 1 minute than Doidge did the whole game. Can’t believe he Stayed on the whole game.

whereswallace?
19-10-2019, 04:52 PM
Did you see the game? He won almost every single ball in the air today, he was linking up well when the midfield decided to come forward, had a goal chopped off that should have stood,anything else?

Not sure what people were expecting him to do today with what he was given? I’ve absolutely slaughtered him for his misses but today there’s not much more he could have done with his performance. Won almost every ball that went his way and linked up well on the rare occasions we got players close to him.

When you play one up top, it is imperative that you get support in and around that player if you’re wanting to play balls into him to win. It was so clear that we needed another striker on to help him second half. Kamberi has come on with 5 mins to play and was probably our best player second half!

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Not sure what people were expecting him to do today with what he was given? I’ve absolutely slaughtered him for his misses but today there’s not much more he could have done with his performance. Won almost every ball that went his way and linked up well on the rare occasions we got players close to him.

When you play one up top, it is imperative that you get support in and around that player if you’re wanting to play balls into him to win. It was so clear that we needed another striker on to help him second half. Kamberi has come on with 5 mins to play and was probably our best player second half!

He is an easy target, there was one poster having a go at him and newell without having even seen the game, as you say, he needed someone up front with him, no point in him winning the ball if no one is there to pick it up

Squirrel 1875
19-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Goal from Doidge a handball, and it’s fairly clear.

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Goal from Doidge a handball, and it’s fairly clear.

From doidge? Didnt seem like it at the time

supermcginn
19-10-2019, 04:59 PM
He played well today

Lol the guy couldnt score in a brothel.

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Lol the guy couldnt score in a brothel.

Must have taken you ages to come up with that

supermcginn
19-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Must have taken you ages to come up with that

Not as long as it takes doidge to turn.

My_Wife_Camille
19-10-2019, 05:08 PM
How many clever and intelligent runs did he make today?

CMac1988
19-10-2019, 05:09 PM
I'd have to see the goal back again but didn't see much in it. It was perhaps telling though that his reaction suggested the ref was right. I thought he played well in the 1st half and kind of tailed of in the 2nd like many others. I think it was right to start him as you'd hope for a response after his last game and you don't want to dent his confidence even further. That said though it's obviously not working out and I'm not sure he's good enough to play up front on his own, not his game... or Kamberi's for that matter.

We don't have the players to play 1 up front. Doidge holds the line well enough but can't score. So we then rely on our midfield to get involved of his play but they're nowhere to be seen most of the game. It's getting boring now.

green.oracle
19-10-2019, 05:26 PM

Totally anonymous second half. Goal correctly ruled out for hand ball. Afraid you are majorly clutching at straws here. First half won a few balls in the air, not them all.
He's slower than a week in saughton and looks like he's towing a caravan. Not good enough.

elevengoats
19-10-2019, 06:06 PM
One thing that would be useful - if we play with a tall lad upfront who is good at areal duels, perhaps we should learn to cross the ball. Just saying.

Hiber-nation
19-10-2019, 06:17 PM

You must be at the wind up. He offered absolutely nothing and his lack of pressing at the beginning of the 2nd half in the lead up to their goal was dreadful.

Mid table 4th division striker who will never be any better.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2019, 08:01 PM
The guy didn’t mention inter :confused: unless I’m missing something I thought the guys point was that he came to Arsenal, started slow and became a legend?

Correctamundo.

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 08:13 PM
Actually quite amazing he started today after his misses against Aberdeen.

It was 2 weeks ago so maybe the manager thought everyone would forget.

marinello59
19-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Actually quite amazing he started today after his misses against Aberdeen.

It was 2 weeks ago so maybe the manager thought everyone would forget.

He’s just not anywhere good enough to wear our shirt. Absolutely hopeless.

Captain Trips
19-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Correctamundo.

My mistake, So Bergkamp took a while so?

Doidge is Ronaldo compared to PH as our manager.

Carheenlea
19-10-2019, 10:01 PM
There comes a point when you need a striker to actually strike. For all he wins a lot of headers and what not his lack of goals should see him benched and either Shaw or Kamberi starting games to see if they can find the target.

B.H.F.C
19-10-2019, 10:05 PM
There comes a point when you need a striker to actually strike. For all he wins a lot of headers and what not his lack of goals should see him benched and either Shaw or Kamberi starting games to see if they can find the target.

A quarter of the league season played and still no goals. However many headers he wins, runs he makes or whatever, that’s unacceptable.

PH91
19-10-2019, 10:12 PM
I think Doidge would play better with a partner.
Kamberi is definitely better with a partner.
None of our central midfielders like to go beyond the striker and get into the box.
Why our manager insists on playing 1 up top instead of both is baffling, especially when none of our wingers are playing particularly well.
I hope we see both starting next week.

PaulSmith
19-10-2019, 11:19 PM

unfortunately I again watched every single minute. Granted the first 25 minutes he looked good but woeful after that, I can agree to a certain extent that he wasn’t helped by PH playing 7 defensive type players but he’s absolutely garbage.

FifeHibs
19-10-2019, 11:45 PM
For all these headers he wins, none were on target today!
He tries hard but is lacking in the skill level for this league.

hopefully some division 2 team come in for him at Christmas

.Sean.
20-10-2019, 01:38 AM
Must admit he looked really bothered when he was standing next to me at Asda newhaven chucking bottles of merlot in his basket still in his hibs gear last night. Couldn’t give a **** what he gets up to if he’s performing but he’s not. ****ing joker.

And before mouthpieces start no I never pulled him up as I was with my girlfriend and I’ve got better things to do at 8pm on a Saturday than get grief from my missus for moaning at the likes of him but rest assured had circumstances been different if have told him how he wants to have a word. I’ve been in the company of loads of good footballers who haven’t played near the level of him (despite having more talent) but who still know what’s on and what’s not, it’s disrespectful.

If I was as hopeless at my job as he was I wouldn’t be swanning around my local supermarket infront of the folk that pay my wages buying bottles of wine in my employers gear. Ridiculous