PDA

View Full Version : Support today

Since452
28-09-2019, 01:31 PM
The players left the park knowing exactly what we thought of that effort today. The fans really got behind the lads. Was great to see.

Carheenlea
28-09-2019, 01:41 PM
It was the most muted of goal celebration against the Old Firm which was a bit surreal. Obviously the fortuitous nature contributed but folk round me never even got out their seats!
Good backing near the end though and everyone leaves with a spring in the step and ready to enjoy the rest of weekend - a feeling we’ve not had for a while.

Seekyit
28-09-2019, 02:13 PM
It was the most muted of goal celebration against the Old Firm which was a bit surreal. Obviously the fortuitous nature contributed but folk round me never even got out their seats!
Good backing near the end though and everyone leaves with a spring in the step and ready to enjoy the rest of weekend - a feeling we’ve not had for a while.

It was a strange goal, if there is such a thing. Took a few seconds to work out that we were one up. As you say, there was a good vibe at the end.

CathroMustStay
28-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Thought our fans were very quiet, even considering the empty seats.

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 02:19 PM
Today showed that if folk have something to back, they will. There is a lot of nonsense spoken about folk wanting them to fail, it’s not true.

The support really got behind them in that last ten minutes when we were under pressure and the players deserved the applause at full time.

heretoday
28-09-2019, 02:28 PM
If we could engender that kind of support every home game we'd head up the league in no time.

hibby6270
28-09-2019, 02:33 PM
We were a bit muted during the first 60 minutes (Clancy clangers aside!!) but after that our appreciation of a hard earned result in the offing definitely became more evident. Very vocal in last 20 minutes which I’m sure lifted the players to see the game out. Well done all.

Bob Box Fish
28-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Think today was the lowest turn out from the three home stands since we got promoted. Fabricated attendance of 18k+ but in reality probably nearer 15k.

Good show for us fans that made the effort though 👍

lucky
28-09-2019, 02:46 PM
There was not even 14500 there never mind the 18k plus that was announced but if Hibs have sold that many tickets then we are entitled to say that

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-09-2019, 02:54 PM
Well done all the proper Hibs fans that turned up today.

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2019, 03:01 PM
It felt quite positive in the 2nd half - folk getting behind the team which was good.

Frazerbob
28-09-2019, 03:04 PM
There was not even 14500 there never mind the 18k plus that was announced but if Hibs have sold that many tickets then we are entitled to say that

They did. Pre-match police briefing announced 2k unsold tickets.

NAE NOOKIE
28-09-2019, 04:47 PM
The nearer it got to full time the more vocal the crowd got and if nothing else it must have shown the new guys that the club's fans will show their appreciation if they put in the effort.

Anyway, well done to the folk who turned up. Its easy to support a team when things are going well, its the true measure of a fan when he or she turns up even when they are 90% sure the team is going to lose, which must have been the case for most of those who were there today.

H18 SFR
28-09-2019, 04:50 PM

See the last bit - too right, wee night out now having said I was patching it.

CLASS OF 72 -73
28-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Thought our fans were very quiet, even considering the empty seats.

Our away fans are brilliant. At home we are tame apart from when Hearts are the visitors.
Pity because we are regarded as the peoples team in Edinburgh!

maturehibby
28-09-2019, 05:39 PM
I know that the early kick off stopped some real Hibs fans but other ones voted with their feet and stayed away .
Well done to all the home fans who turned up today fully expecting to be turned over but still came along as they are true supporters
And well done too for the fans who went to Lillie on Wednesday night :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BegbieHSC
28-09-2019, 05:48 PM
Aye,
I have to say - I’m a season ticket holder, and I went on a day trip instead, mainly due to feeling apathetic as a result of everything going on. This was a mistake.

Even if we’d lost heavily, I’d still have majorly regretted this decision.
An hour away from kick off, being 2 hours away from Easter Road, I felt sick knowing I’d chosen to not go support my club.

That’s the first and last time I ever boycott a game. Hibs are my club, and far too deep under my skin.

BILLYHIBS
28-09-2019, 06:00 PM
That is the joy of supporting HIBS

Even when you turn up expecting them to get pumped they put in a performance leaving you thinking they were unlucky to only come away with a draw at home against the champions

You never know what HIBS are going to turn up