PDA

View Full Version : Well done Heckingbottom (part 2)

H18 SFR
28-09-2019, 01:27 PM
Started the thread on Wednesday and I will start part 2 today. Well done Hecky.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Tactics were spot on. And well done to every one of the players. Every one of them stood up to be counted against 12 men.

Northernhibee
28-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Yep, that is a very good point. We need to win our next game to really bring a bit of feel good back but we are improving. We should have been up against nine men by the end today as well.

hibsbollah
28-09-2019, 01:29 PM
I didn't like the tactics early doors, but he was actually right and I was wrong. Tight disciplined bend not break defence.

Liam89
28-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Perfect tactics. Team turned a corner. Hopefully has the majority of fans off his back for a while.

Heisenberg
The ref missed a couple for us but they could’ve easily had two pens in the second half. Very good battling performance. Wasn’t good on the eye but the players fought like **** for each other and the fans.

Scottie
Good battling performance, well done the cabbage :thumbsup:

SRHibs
Great stuff. We tired towards the end but overall it was a great, battling performance.

makaveli1875
28-09-2019, 01:31 PM
Saw a different side to Hecky today , good to see him let it all out on that bottle . I guess he's going to be at the wheel a little bit longer then :greengrin we all expected to be out the cup , run over and pumped stupid by Celtic so credit where its due he's exceeded expectations

Since452
28-09-2019, 01:32 PM
Fight from the manager, fight from the players. Today might have been a huge turning point. Fingers crossed.

hibee_girl
28-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Set us up perfectly today :agree:

Allant1981
28-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Yip spot on today, 2 decent results on the bounce now, hopefully wednesday night gave them a wee bit belief

.Sean.
28-09-2019, 01:36 PM
I’ve been very vocal about how poor we’ve been but credit where credit’s due, he had us spot on the day. Well done Hecky. Finally saw a bit of passion from him too.

It’s never been anything personal against him, let’s not get ahead of ourselves but Hibs were good today and some more performances like that and he might just be alright..

neil7908
28-09-2019, 01:38 PM
We seem much more solid at the back. Still struggling horribly going forward though.

I'd like to see Kamberi and Doidge up front together.

elevengoats
Really well done today, Hibs! Tactics was spot on! Players playing their hearts out. Even Doidge was good!

Forza Fred
Yep, credit where it’s due.
He gets pilloried when we meekly surrender, but we battled like Trojans today.
Now we have to maintain the momentum.

AgentDaleCooper
28-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Only complaint would be that we created absolutely nothing.

MacGruber
28-09-2019, 01:40 PM
People that were excellent today

Paul Heckingbottom
Christian Doidge
Steven Whittaker
Josh Vela
Melker Hallberg
Scott Allan

Good performances from the rest too. Hanlon and Jackson whilst on solid

Excellent point. Manager certainly not lost the dressingroom

Pretty Boy
28-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Set us up to scrap for a point. We got one.

Well done, got it spot on.

Coco Bryce
28-09-2019, 01:42 PM

Paul Heckingbottom
Christian Doidge
Steven Whittaker
Josh Vela
Melker Hallberg
Scott Allan

While I agree with all that. We still only had 2 shots on target and 0 of target in 94mins. That's just not good enough for Hibs at home.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 01:43 PM
While I agree with all that. We still only had 2 shots on target and 0 of target in 94mins. That's just not good enough for Hibs at home.

Nothing will ever be good enough for you when PH is manager.

Allant1981
28-09-2019, 01:43 PM
We seem much more solid at the back. Still struggling horribly going forward though.

I'd like to see Kamberi and Doidge up front together.

We weren't struggling going forward, quite a few times allan was running at the defence and pushing us on, just struggled a bit when we got near the box

Heisenberg
28-09-2019, 01:44 PM
We weren't struggling going forward, quite a few times allan was running at the defence and pushing us on, just struggled a bit when we got near the box

Thought all of our wide players were rotten. Middleton, Horgan, Mallan all contributed nothing.

Allant1981

We were playing the best team in the country and got a result despite us not playing well for ages, I'd suggest that's good enough

Coco Bryce

Stop cherry picking my posts.

I have stated on other threads I'm delighted with the result today.

Allant1981
28-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Thought all of our wide players were rotten. Middleton, Horgan, Mallan all contributed nothing.

Still doesnt suggest we were rotten going forward though, I do agree with the wide players though, I'd have changed it a bit earlier, maybe put kamberi out wide left

The 90+2
28-09-2019, 01:46 PM
It doesn’t matter how we got there ffs.

Well done Heckingbottom no longer secondbottom 👍👍

The 90+2
28-09-2019, 01:47 PM

Mate. Please stop.

SMAXXA
28-09-2019, 01:50 PM
Hope it’s a corner turned, long way to go. Lots of positives to take from that. Only real to take points of the champions.

We looked comfortable for me until that crazy 5m and that’s what probably makes me more happy that seeing Hibs sides capitulate in recent weeks we kept it together, even with Whittaker playing CH who I thought did well.

We needed shoots of hope and I feel like it’s that, again albeit long way to go.

Doh Rae Me
Heckingbottom at last showed some passion and spoke well on the bt interview. It'll no doubt buy him more time and hopefully is the Kickstarter to the season.

calumhibee1
Piss off. Stop cherry picking my posts.

I have stated on other threads I'm delighted with the result today.

You reckon being the first team to take points off Celtic this season isn’t good enough. If that’s not good enough then I think it’s pretty safe to say you’ll never be happy.

SMAXXA
28-09-2019, 01:51 PM

Paul Heckingbottom
Christian Doidge
Steven Whittaker
Josh Vela
Melker Hallberg
Scott Allan

I love this post well done. #fight #desireshowen

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 01:54 PM
A draw against Celtic won’t eradicate my doubts but he has absolutely warranted a well done today. Tactics and lineup turned out to be spot on and we finally saw a bit of something from the new signings. Fingers crossed we build from this, it isn’t Celtic we need to do that against, it’s the rest.

DavidDavidGray
28-09-2019, 01:54 PM
All credit to him, that’s the type of performance we’ve been needing. Criticised him so I’ll give him credit today where it’s due, set up well and deserved the point. Special mention for Vela and Hanlon today aswell, I’ve not been happy with them this season but played really well today. If we can keep this type of performance then maybe he gets more time. Hopefully this is the start of where we see the brand of football we were promised.

SRHibs
28-09-2019, 01:55 PM
You reckon being the first team to take points off Celtic this season isn’t good enough. If that’s not good enough then I think it’s pretty safe to say you’ll never be happy.

I wouldn't waste your breath. I thought we looked sharp, played some nice, quick football at times, and pressed/defended brilliantly when off the ball. OK, we were no Barcelona, but it's always going to be a struggle to create a ton of opportunities, especially against an in form Celtic team. They have higher quality players than us, it's as simple as that.

Crazy that people still find such negatives from that performance.

Since452
Got to say we look far more assured at the back with Maxwell in the sticks. Should be unbeaten in 3 if it wasn't for a horrendous deflection in the derby

Coco Bryce

I think it's safe to say I really don't give a **** what you think to be honest.

Bangkok Hibby
28-09-2019, 01:56 PM
Saw a different side to Hecky today , good to see him let it all out on that bottle . I guess he's going to be at the wheel a little bit longer then :greengrin we all expected to be out the cup , run over and pumped stupid by Celtic so credit where its due he's exceeded expectations

That was the big thing for me today, Some anger, some passion. Good for him!

Allant1981
28-09-2019, 01:58 PM
A draw against Celtic won’t eradicate my doubts but he has absolutely warranted a well done today. Tactics and lineup turned out to be spot on and we finally saw a bit of something from the new signings. Fingers crossed we build from this, it isn’t Celtic we need to do that against, it’s the rest.

That must be killing you writing that!!

Since452
28-09-2019, 02:00 PM

To be fair we restricted the treble treble winners with numerous times our budget to 6. It's all relative

judas
28-09-2019, 02:05 PM
Heck’s team selection and the application of his players was outstanding.

It’s very clear to me that Heck’s heart is in it and the same can be said of his players.

I am sensing that Heck’s team is starting to knit together.

Let’s enjoy a good result.

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 02:05 PM
That must be killing you writing that!!

Not at all. I always want hibs to do well and am never too proud to say well done when someone deserves it. I still don’t think he is the answer, but can’t complain with that performance. If he makes me eat my words, I’ll be delighted.

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 02:06 PM
He seems to have made them a bit more solid. Needs to work out how to make us more of a threat now.

I was actually a wee bit disappointed we didn’t make a change to go for it in the second half. I thought it was there to win, they only properly pinned us back late on.

For all the criticism of his signings, which has been justified, I think Hallberg has helped now he’s a bit fitter, James has helped since he came back in and Doidge as done as much as he could in the last two games.

Hibernian Verse
28-09-2019, 02:07 PM
That must be killing you writing that!!Fair play to him for being honest though and posting it?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

green day
28-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Credit to him, and thought his BBC interview was sensible.

CathroMustStay
28-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Well done Mr Heckingbottom.

The guy's here til the Semi Final at the earliest.

1 8 7 5
28-09-2019, 02:18 PM
Set us up to scrap for a point. We got one.

Well done, got it spot on.

This.

They deserved it.

FilipinoHibs
28-09-2019, 02:21 PM
Fight from the manager, fight from the players. Today might have been a huge turning point. Fingers crossed.

Wednesday a turning point. Hearts were there to be buried at 1-0. Good fight and some neat football. Doidge winning g a lot if high balls. Allan exceptional and Maxwell very solid with good distribution. Well done Hibs.

Phil MaGlass
28-09-2019, 02:23 PM
Do you maybe 5hink the players are hitting the fitness levels that we were promised at the beginning of the season?

Vault Boy
28-09-2019, 02:27 PM
He got angry today. Good to see. Looked like he gave a toss and had the players fired up too.

rcarter1
28-09-2019, 02:36 PM
Good stuff. A point or more vs Aberdeen would really help turn things. After that game there is a long string of games we want pick up a lot of points in. That for me will be a good indicator of the teams progress.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 02:42 PM
I think it's safe to say I really don't give a **** what you think to be honest.

😂

Cheer up, we had a great result today.

hfc rd
28-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Credit where it’s due, he got it spot on today.

MrRobot
28-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Well in Hecky, let’s hope we keep this going.

lucky
28-09-2019, 02:50 PM
A point against Celtic is good at anytime but we created very little and we could end the weekend bottom of the table. I’m still not convinced that he’s the man to take us forward or even keep us in the Premiership but Hibs battled hard to today and got few breaks that we’ve not been getting. The team looked more solid but there is very little pace in the team.

chrisski33
28-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Good to see some passion and fight from Heckingbottom. Let's hope we can start beating the teams like Motherwell and co

ahibby
28-09-2019, 03:02 PM
A point against Celtic is good at anytime but we created very little and we could end the weekend bottom of the table. I’m still not convinced that he’s the man to take us forward or even keep us in the Premiership but Hibs battled hard to today and got few breaks that we’ve not been getting. The team looked more solid but there is very little pace in the team.

I thought what you've said too. The lack of pace in mid is a concern because we do get opportunities to break but can't seem to get away. If Boyle comes back fit and able then he may be the out moving forward. I know it won't be popular but I'm surprised SA gets a full game. His condition obviously limits him and it must be difficult without that playing in the engine room for a full ninety. No doubt one of our best players but if we can get a good seventy minutes out of him we should be thankful. Interesting that he also showed as much if not more guts than some others in mid, aswell as class moves.

A Hi-Bee
28-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Have to say I did not think we could get anything today, so well done to Hibs, just a pity it is only one point as we need a heck of a lot more, but it may be a start time will tell.

The Spaceman
28-09-2019, 03:40 PM
Credit where it's due for Heckingbottom. He realised he needed to shake things up and has changed our line-up past two games to good effect.

We have negotiated a tricky away tie at Killie which went the whole hog on Wed night and have put in a solid showing against the best team in the country today.

Really hope this is the start of a corner turning, would be delighted for Heckingbottom :aok:

SingaporeHibs
28-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Despite my feelings of Heckys ability to take us forward it was good to see his passion today. He has come across as fairly uninspiring but today you could see what it means to him, he wore his heart on his sleeve. His actions around the sending off were clear for all to see. He looked to the team on the pitch before his red and you could clearly see him point at the officials and mouth ****** them as he gestured to keep going. It’s was an us against all of them kind of moment. Doesn’t mean I’ve changed my mind on him but it did signal to me that maybe just maybe he has a glimpse of hope. There is a load more work to do, we need to get the formation right to go out to try and win games, rather than not lose games but given the run that we’ve had stopping the rot was the right approach. How quickly can he turn the mentality and formation into a team that try’s to win games is the next step. Can he do it??? Looks like he is going to get the time to try so we’ll see. It would be an amazing story if he can.

Captain Trips
28-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Credit I am not so sure. I gave him stick only after a good few games when we started playing badly so I will not be rushing to pat anyone on the back either until I see these sort of results another few times.

Joe Baker2
28-09-2019, 04:03 PM
much more fight today. Need to see that for every match, not just the big games.

Allant1981
28-09-2019, 04:04 PM
Credit I am not so sure. I gave him stick only after a good few games when we started playing badly so I will not be rushing to pat anyone on the back either until I see these sort of results another few times.

Surely you can give credit for individual games where they have got a good result?

Joe Baker2
28-09-2019, 04:04 PM
seriously. If Hibs played with that intensity every week I would have more time for Heck.

Phil MaGlass
28-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Well done Hecky, good battlin in yir face game, good to see him getting worked up aswell, more fire in the belly please.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2019, 04:11 PM
I still don't think he's the right man for the job but credit where it's due we got a point more than I thought we would today.

I don't think we really hurt them up front though.

It will take a sustained period of improved performances and results before I will be convinced he should stay though.

Captain Trips
28-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Surely you can give credit for individual games where they have got a good result?

I didnt give him stick for pish either until a few games. It is a good result yes.

One Day Soon
28-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Firstly, great that we got a point against Celtic. Don't think anyone saw that coming.

We looked stuffy in defence at times and that was a clear positive. Many of the players looked much more like their hearts were in it and that's another positive.

On the other hand we should really be sitting here discussing a defeat were it not for the luck of a deflected own goal and two penalties denied. If we had gone down 2 or 3 nil it would have been hard to complain.

We played a significant amount of hoofball, gifting possession straight back to Celtic. We didn't keep a player up front at defensive set pieces leaving no out ball. Our midfield is completely powder puff still and Celtic sliced throough it at will leaving our defence to perfom the heroics. When we chose to play passing football we looked better but mostly we chose not to - that's probably a confidence issue.

We created next to no chances, we didn't press them, we played a huge amount of our game in the last third and we rode our luck massively to get a point. Celtic were actually pretty guff today in the final third and that allied to our defending was our saving.

I don't see enormous differences from previous performances other than the willingness to get stuck in. And we still have passengers - Horgan is so poor, Mallan was missing most of the game and I don't see a player in Vela. PH may turn the corner and great for us if he does - providing it isn't with a soul destroying brand of football. I didn't see it happening in this game and I remain unconvinced.

It's a joy to see Celtic and an appalling referee stymied and thank God for the point.

Allant1981
28-09-2019, 04:16 PM
I didnt give him stick for pish either until a few games. It is a good result yes.

So you can only credit the manager after a few good results? Very strange but fire in

Bostonhibby
28-09-2019, 04:18 PM
I'm going to give him that one, lots to be positive about [emoji106]

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
28-09-2019, 04:19 PM
So you can only credit the manager after a few good results? Very strange but fire in

Aye after 5/6 pish ones then aye I will.

Captain Trips
28-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Firstly, great that we got a point against Celtic. Don't think anyone saw that coming.

We looked stuffy in defence at times and that was a clear positive. Many of the players looked much more like their hearts were in it and that's another positive.

On the other hand we should really be sitting here discussing a defeat were it not for the luck of a deflected own goal and two penalties denied. If we had gone down 2 or 3 nil it would have been hard to complain.

We played a significant amount of hoofball, gifting possession straight back to Celtic. We didn't keep a player up front at defensive set pieces leaving no out ball. Our midfield is completely powder puff still and Celtic sliced throough it at will leaving our defence to perfom the heroics. When we chose to play passing football we looked better but mostly we chose not to - that's probably a confidence issue.

We created next to no chances, we didn't press them, we played a huge amount of our game in the last third and we rode our luck massively to get a point. Celtic were actually pretty guff today in the final third and that allied to our defending was our saving.

I don't see enormous differences from previous performances other than the willingness to get stuck in. And we still have passengers - Horgan is so poor, Mallan was missing most of the game and I don't see a player in Vela. PH may turn the corner and great for us if he does - providing it isn't with a soul destroying brand of football. I didn't see it happening in this game and I remain unconvinced.

It's a joy to see Celtic and an appalling referee stymied and thank God for the point.

That all sounds about right.

angus hibby
28-09-2019, 06:41 PM

Must have been at a different game to me. Midfield were anything but powder puff today. Every player worked their socks off including Mallan and Vela.

We did press them. We didn’t play a “significant amount of hoofball”. Man City bring everyone back at set pieces but suppose Pep is wrong to do that.....?!

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 06:43 PM

Try to enjoy your night despite the obvious disappointment you’re feeling.

If you think we drew against a team that have won every game without any obvious improvement then I’m sorry, but you’re at it.

Also, there was more than enough evidence of a high press today. But if you don’t want to see it then you probably won’t.

The Harp Awakes
28-09-2019, 06:58 PM
I've not been a fan of Heck from the start, mainly because he didn't seem to be able to motivate the players for the big games during which his tactics were poor. I still think he will struggle to turn around Hibs fortunes because of the obvious weaknesses in the team as a result of poor recruitment.

Having said that, in the last 2 games it's clear that he's got the players fighting for him and it's great to see him show some passion on the touchline today. He deserves credit for the last 2 results but he needs to keep this going and grind out a few wins soon to save his job.

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 07:06 PM
Try to enjoy your night despite the obvious disappointment you’re feeling.

If you think we drew against a team that have won every game without any obvious improvement then I’m sorry, but you’re at it.

Also, there was more than enough evidence of a high press today. But if you don’t want to see it then you probably won’t.

Your posts are getting silly now, talking of folk being disappointed and that.

You were saying worse about Lennon when we were further up the league, and beating Celtic, were you not?

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Your posts are getting silly now, talking of folk being disappointed and that.

You were saying worse about Lennon when we were further up the league, and beating Celtic, were you not?

There is folk that are disappointed. People claimed it didn’t happen before today - that nobody wanted us to get poor results. There was negatives to take from last weekend, there was apparently negatives to take from midweek (I wasn’t there). There’s some that see nothing but negatives at being the first team to take points off Celtic this season. If you think my posts are silly then god knows what you think of them.

Go and read the match thread and tell me there isn’t posters that are CHOKING on us getting pumped.

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 07:38 PM
There is folk that are disappointed. People claimed it didn’t happen before today - that nobody wanted us to get poor results. There was negatives to take from last weekend, there was apparently negatives to take from midweek (I wasn’t there). There’s some that see nothing but negatives at being the first team to take points off Celtic this season. If you think my posts are silly then god knows what you think of them.

Go and read the match thread and tell me there isn’t posters that are CHOKING on us getting pumped.

We were beating them 8 or 9 months ago, and who wasn’t happy then?

Nobody is choking on us getting beat. Just because you keep saying it, it doesn’t make it true.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 07:41 PM
We were beating them 8 or 9 months ago, and who wasn’t happy then?

Nobody is choking on us getting beat. Just because you keep saying it, it doesn’t make it true.

And just because you keep saying the opposite it doesn’t make that true. Read the match thread and the reaction after. There’s some posters that are gutted that we got a result today. They literally can’t see a positive in getting a Result against a team that have won EVERY single league game thus season.

Nicho87
28-09-2019, 07:44 PM
I’m a big hecky outer.

But credit where credit is due. That was much more like it.

Not singing and dancing but that effort shows commitment.

Keep it up and some

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 07:47 PM
And just because you keep saying the opposite it doesn’t make that true. Read the match thread and the reaction after. There’s some posters that are gutted that we got a result today.

Silly. In fact, nonsense.

The crowd reaction at the end today showed that people will support and be positive when the required effort is put in on the pitch.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 07:48 PM
Silly. In fact, nonsense.

The crowd reaction at the end today showed that people will support and be positive when the required effort is put in on the pitch.

Yup. And the poll on here showed that 30% of the fans were boycotting today. They weren’t missed. And I wouldn’t be surprised one bit to learn who boycotted.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 07:51 PM

Give it a rest mate. We battled hard today but we dont look good in possession or in transition. If being honest is being negative then big deal , it’s glaringly obvious that we are a million miles away from looking like a balanced side. Why you and others want to spin this into some sort of agenda of not supporting the team is embarrassing

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 07:54 PM
Callum, I don’t think there is one genuine hibs fan on here who wants hibs to lose, ever. It’s quite offensive to say otherwise. I’m not Heckingbottom’s biggest fan by any means (as you know) but I’m traveling back on the flight home now delighted we got the draw and a performance. I won’t get carried away though with the superlatives. We were good, but we desperately need to show that against the sides around us and get a win.

Am I more confident we can do that under Heckingbottom after today, not really, but I certainly would enjoy him proving me wrong.

Phil MaGlass

This, there are one or two that just cant help themselves,

calumhibee1
Give it a rest mate. We battled hard today but we dont look good in possession or in transition. If being honest is being negative then big deal , it’s glaringly obvious that we are a million miles away from looking like a balanced side. Why you and others want to spin this into some sort of agenda of not supporting the team is embarrassing

If you think an imbalanced team is the only team taking anything off Celtic in the league this year then you’re at it imo.

We’ve done better than anybody against Celtic this season. Some would be doing well to remember that when they can’t see any positives from today.

SquashedFrogg
28-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Yup. And the poll on here showed that 30% of the fans were boycotting today. They weren’t missed. And I wouldn’t be surprised to learn who boycotted.

Whoever deliberately avoided todays game missed what being a Hibs fan was all about. To be completely honest, I'd be quite happy if they didn't bother coming back. Great atmosphere today.

Take a bow everyone. So proud.

Phil MaGlass
Callum, I don’t think there is one genuine hibs fan on here who wants hibs to lose, ever. It’s quite offensive to say otherwise. I’m not Heckingbottom’s biggest fan by any means (as you know) but I’m traveling back on the flight home now delighted we got the draw and a performance. I won’t get carried away though with the superlatives. We were good, but we desperately need to show that against the sides around us and get a win.

Am I more confident we can do that under Heckingbottom after today, not really, but I certainly would enjoy him proving me wrong.

There were even some on heremwanting hertz to beat us, its f,n mental

calumhibee1
This, there are one or two that just cant help themselves,

Absolutely. Before today I doubted myself when folk questioned me when I said it. Today’s match thread confirmed my suspicions.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 07:56 PM
Whoever deliberately avoided todays game missed what being a Hibs fan was all about. To be completely honest, I'd be quite happy if they didn't bother coming back. Great atmosphere today.

:agree:

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 07:58 PM
There were even some on heremwanting hertz to beat us, its f,n mental

Well, if that is aimed at me then you would be completely wrong. I was gutted after last weekend, as I am whenever we get beat.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 08:01 PM
If you think an imbalanced team is the only team taking anything off Celtic in the league this year then you’re at it imo.

We’ve done better than anybody against Celtic this season. Some would be doing well to remember that when they can’t see any positives from today.

We defended a hell of a lot better than we have all season , we showed fight and commitment against an excellent side. But we also spent most of the 1st half lumping the ball forward from the back , when we won the 1st ball we regularly lost possession beacause we didnt have bodies in and around doidge.

Why cant you accept that just because we got a good result against a good side that there arent a lot of things that we need to improve on?

And why does bringing these points into discussion somehow make you any less of a supporter. As i said earlier it’s embarrassing calling out fellow supporters for making perfectly valid points

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 08:02 PM
We defended a hell of a lot better than we have all season , we showed fight and commitment against an excellent side. But we also spent most of the 1st half lumping the ball forward from the back , when we won the 1st ball we regularly lost possession beacause we didnt have bodies in and around doidge.

Why cant you accept that just because we got a good result against a good side that there arent a lot of things that we need to improve on?

Why can’t some accept that we got a good result against a good side because we played well?

Because they revel in misery and doing well isn’t conducive to that. I’ll save you answering for me.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Why can’t some accept that we got a good result against a good side because we played well?

We did play well , we also lacked composure in possession and invited celtic on to us.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 08:06 PM

Because they revel in misery and doing well isn’t conducive to that. I’ll save you answering for me.

Answer me an honest question. Do you think we looked good in possession or a goal threat today?

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 08:08 PM

We are imbalanced. We battled well today. But we haven’t won since the start of August. Some would be doing well to remember that.

It is possible to be positive about today’s result, which I certainly am, without being positive about things overall.

SquashedFrogg
28-09-2019, 08:09 PM
Answer me an honest question. Do you think we looked good in possession or a goal threat today?

Have any other team done that this season against the 8 times champions, treble treble champions?

I'll help you. No.

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Have any other team done that this season against the 8 times champions, treble treble champions?

I'll help you. No.

Answer the question though.

Onceinawhile
He can only do well one game at a time.

That's 2 games in a row he's done well. Fingers crossed it becomes 3,4,5 etc...

calumhibee1
Have any other team done that this season against the 8 times champions, treble trevble champions?

I'll help you. No.

It’s not worth it. We had to look like European Champions for some to accept we done well today.

B.H.F.C

I thought we were all right in possession up until the final third. Then it broke down because we didn’t have enough bodies up the pitch.

The goal, although we got a bit of luck, was excellent build up. Great pass out from Jackson. Forward and done quickly. I wish we’d do that more.

Onceinawhile
28-09-2019, 08:12 PM
We are imbalanced. We battled well today. But we haven’t won since the start of August. Some would be doing well to remember that.

It is possible to be positive about today’s result, which I certainly am, without being positive about things overall.

Tbh, I think that's the natural thing to do, positive result today, but overall picture has been bleak. But from small acorns grow mighty oaks.

hibeerealist
28-09-2019, 08:12 PM

Good post ODS and agree with most of that. I am finding it hard to get positive about the season ahead as much of what you say will be evident in more games. We are second from bottom of the league by two points in what promised to be a good season after getting most of our target signings in early. I hope PH can prove me wrong but I remain unconvinced and still angry about losing from a winning position last week, three points dropped at home to pi sh team.

Opinions eh, there seems a renewed excitement from many on here after Wednesday and today so hopefully not a false dawn. Many stating they were taken by PH’s fighting spirit today resulting in a red, PH is in the last chance saloon and his back is against the wall he needs to fight and fight hard to maintain his position as HC of HFC which is a top job.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 08:16 PM
It’s not worth it. We had to look like European Champions for some to accept we done well today.

In every post i have said we done well today. My opinion is that we didnt do well in possession today and dont look balanced in attack.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 08:17 PM
I thought we were all right in possession up until the final third. Then it broke down because we didn’t have enough bodies up the pitch.

The goal, although we got a bit of luck, was excellent build up. Great pass out from Jackson. Forward and done quickly. I wish we’d do that more.

No balance in the attacking 3rd?

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 08:17 PM

Utter bollox , you just make things up.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 08:18 PM
In every post i have said we done well today. My opinion is that we didnt do well in possession today and dont look balanced in attack.

Yet we done well? :confused:

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 08:20 PM
Yet we done well? :confused:

Yeah we fought well and battled hard for a point. Thought we didnt look great in possession or in the attacking zones. Its a very black and white view you are taking?

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 08:21 PM
No balance in the attacking 3rd?

Don’t know about balance being the right word. Just lack of numbers and intent for me. For all that is said about shape, I think there are times when the players need to show some more desire to get in to the box and support.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 08:23 PM
Yeah we fought well and battled hard for a point. Thought we didnt look great in possession or in the attacking zones. Its a very black and white view you are taking?

To be fair, it possibly is because people’s black and white view recently from a negative point of view has frustrated me. So apologies to you if I’ve been overly black and white.

I do genuinely struggle to see how some are seeing much negative from today though. To a man I thought we were very good. Let’s keep in mind that we’re not the team of 2 years ago though, so very good now looks different from very good then.

SquashedFrogg
28-09-2019, 08:24 PM
Answer the question though.

Not being funny but I did. You might want to answer mine though. Would be a polite thing to do.

Nicho87
28-09-2019, 08:27 PM
Our goal was actually very good. Jackson plays a positive pass forward from Allan making a good cut inside in the space. He then plays a standard Allan reverse pass to doidge. Much more like it

MSK
28-09-2019, 08:27 PM
Not being funny but I did. You might want to answer mine though. Would be a polite thing to do.He is gutted we got a draw mate, go easy on him, the doomsayers are a bit sensitive today 👍

poolman
28-09-2019, 08:28 PM

Well said, too many moaning faced hits here even after the first team to take points of them

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 08:28 PM
To be fair, it possibly is because people’s black and white view recently from a negative point of view has frustrated me. So apologies to you if I’ve been overly black and white.

I do genuinely struggle to see how some are seeing much negative from today though. To a man I thought we were very good. Let’s keep in mind that we’re not the team of 2 years ago though, so very good now looks different from very good then.

It was a positive result that saw the team show a lot of the basic qualities we have lacked recently. Fight , commitment, and lots of heart .. We didnt show many signs of improvement in possession for me though. We have scored a deflected goal today , and a 30 yarder last week that apart we havent created a goal in 5 games of football and that concerns me greatly

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 08:30 PM
It was a positive result that saw the team show a lot of the basic qualities we have lacked recently. Fight , commitment, and lots of heart .. We didnt show many signs of improvement in possession for me though. We have scored a deflected goal today , and a 30 yarder last week that apart we havent created a goal in 5 games of football and that concerns me greatly

We had more possession than the best team in the league. But each to their own.

Leith Green
28-09-2019, 08:33 PM

😂😂😂

They had 20 shots at goal and we had 3. They also had 7 shots on target to our 2. Thats really good in possession isnt it

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 08:35 PM
😂😂😂

They had 20 shots at goal and we had 3. They also had 7 shots on target to our 2. Thats really good in possession isnt it

Aye that’s great and all.. but how many were actually genuine chances? Not many.

ekhibee
28-09-2019, 08:37 PM
Not being funny but I did. You might want to answer mine though. Would be a polite thing to do.

Why should he? You asked a question and answered it in the same post. So was he impolite for not answering the question you'd already answered?

SquashedFrogg
28-09-2019, 08:37 PM

Agree. I've rarely seen us dominate possession against Celtic in 30 years tbf. Today was about guts, determination and fight.

Our team stuck together. Sadly some 'fans' don't get that.

lyonhibs
28-09-2019, 08:38 PM
He's definitely not the right man for us long term if we want to be where we all want us to be, as a club.

There's no doubt in my mind he'll be gone before the season is out as 1 swallow does not a summer make but fair play to him and the team for the result and gritty performance today, I really didn't see us getting a point today.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 08:41 PM
Agree. I've rarely seen us dominate possession against Celtic in 30 years tbf. Today was about guts, determination and fight.

Our team stuck together. Sadly some 'fans' don't get that.

Yup. We’re not the team we were. So a draw against Celtic is a better result than it used to be.

Some folk claimed if we started to get results they’d change their opinion. We’ve progressed in the cup and avoided a spanking that many predicted by getting a deserved draw. Unsurprisingly the usual suspects can’t see the positives.

I’m not going to lie and say I expected them to be delighted. We all could have forecasted their reaction a mile away.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2019, 08:42 PM
He's definitely not the right man for us long term if we want to be where we all want us to be, as a club.

There's no doubt in my mind he'll be gone before the season is out as 1 swallow does not a summer make but fair play to him and the team for the result and gritty performance today, I really didn't see us getting a point today.

This is where my thoughts are.

MSK
28-09-2019, 08:44 PM
😂😂😂

They had 20 shots at goal and we had 3. They also had 7 shots on target to our 2. Thats really good in possession isnt itMaxwell had one point blank save, their other 6 were pass backs, whats yer point in this point scoring exercise ?

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Some folk claimed if we started to get results they’d change their opinion.

Two draws. Do you really think that merits a total change in opinion. There has been much merited praise today, but overall opinion isn’t going to change on the back of that.

To think it’s not so long since some people wanted Lennon punted when we were winning league games against Celtic eh.

SquashedFrogg
28-09-2019, 08:46 PM
Why should he? You asked a question and answered it in the same post. So was he impolite for not answering the question you'd already answered?

For the avoidance of doubt (and I'm questioning myself for responding), I answered the question whilst asking asking a question myself.

Not sure if you have noticed, but ironically my question wasn't actually answered?

All fine though.

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 08:47 PM
Maxwell had one point blank save, their other 6 were pass backs, whats yer point in this point scoring exercise ?

The initial point about how much possession, but how little product we had, is valid though.

It was the same at Killie the other night. All of the ball but little happening.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 08:49 PM
Two draws. Do you really think that merits a total change in opinion. There has been much merited praise today, but overall opinion isn’t going to change on the back of that.

To think it’s not so long since some people wanted Lennon punted when we were winning league games against Celtic eh.

Two draws if you want to paint a negative picture.

Progress to Hampden in the cup and the first team to take points off Celtic if you don’t want to do that (as surely most hibs fans would want to do).

Like I said, we’re not the team we used to be. We’ve went 7 and a half years without losing at home to Celtic apparently: if folk are using that as a yard stick for where we should be then they’re deluded. Today was a great result and performance imo.

BH1875
28-09-2019, 08:50 PM
Hopefully this is us turning the corner. This is exactly what we needed. A half decent result against Kilmarnock and a really good performance today. Hopefully this has lifted everyone and we can kick on from here. Doidge having a good game is a massive plus. Thought Hecky was a bit stupid getting sent off. Obviously trying to show passion but that’s not the way to do it. GGTTH

SquashedFrogg
28-09-2019, 08:51 PM

Perhaps you're right. Today also confirmed that Lennon isn't a very good manager either. Imagine not beating 2nd bottom Hibs.

Stubbs to return?

Out of curiosity. Where should we be as a club?

MSK
28-09-2019, 08:57 PM
The initial point about how much possession, but how little product we had, is valid though.

It was the same at Killie the other night. All of the ball but little happening.Of course its valid, as expected against a team of celtics calibre, but 7 shots v 2 on target & our keeper making 1 crucial save shows we can put up a performance. There are too many on here gutted we didnt get leathered today & are still finding negatives, ****ing sad times

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Of course its valid, as expected against a team of celtics calibre, but 7 shots v 2 on target & our keeper making 1 crucial save shows we can put up a performance. There are too many on here gutted we didnt get leathered today & are still finding negatives, ****ing sad times

Let’s hope they were all part of the 30% that were boycotting today and don’t come back as there was a good atmosphere today.

pacoluna
28-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Perhaps you're right. Today also confirmed that Lennon isn't a very good manager either. Imagine not beating 2nd bottom Hibs.

Stubbs to return?

Out of curiosity. Where should we be as a club?

😅

pacoluna
28-09-2019, 09:00 PM

Long term? When was the last time we had a mananger for more than 3 seasons?

JimBHibees
28-09-2019, 09:01 PM

Not a total change of opinion but surely positive steps in the right direction. Good to see much more from the managers signings and to me Maxwell James Vela Hallberg and Doidge all showed much more. Maybe just maybe they have been stupidly written off by many fans when as only natural it would take them a bit of time to settle in to a new environment.

SquashedFrogg
28-09-2019, 09:04 PM

Let’s hope they were all part of the 30% that were boycotting today and don’t come back as there was a good atmosphere today.

Great atmosphere today. Got behind the team. Nice to see that again.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 09:05 PM
Not a total change of opinion but surely positive steps in the right direction. Good to see much more from the managers signings and to me Maxwell James Vela Hallberg and Doidge all showed much more. Maybe just maybe they have been stupidly written off by many fans when as only natural it would take them a bit of time to settle in to a new environment.

Genuinely thought Doidge was outstanding today. Reminded me of Steven Fletcher.

SquashedFrogg
28-09-2019, 09:08 PM

Oddly I said that a few weeks back. Similar physique and look. Maybe the thining of hair too 😀

Defo reminds me though.

Hibeesforever
28-09-2019, 09:09 PM

Praise indeed, let's see if he can start scoring goals...I am now heading to Aberdeen and am confident that will be the case!

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 09:11 PM
Praise indeed, let's see if he can start scoring goals...I am now heading to Aberdeen and am confident that will be the case!

To be fair Fletcher didn’t score that many either!

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 09:12 PM
Oddly I said that a few weeks back. Similar physique and look. Maybe the thining of hair too 😀

Defo reminds me though.

I think it’s a mix of his running style and the fact he’s decent in the air for me.

I think we’ve got a very decent player on our hands. Let’s hope for his sake he doesn’t need a hair transplant :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-09-2019, 09:15 PM
To be fair Fletcher didn’t score that many either!

52 in 189 - not prolific but impressive nonetheless :greengrin

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 09:16 PM

Absolutely. And I think most people have acknowledged those positives, despite people insisting that they haven’t.

They deserve praise for today. I think James and Doidge have both done well, two games on the trot. Hallberg is getting there. Not convinced at all be Vela.

We’re still sitting 11th in the league and toiling for a win so, whilst I see some positives in the last two games, I think it’s way too early to say we’ve turned a corner.

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Of course its valid, as expected against a team of celtics calibre, but 7 shots v 2 on target & our keeper making 1 crucial save shows we can put up a performance. There are too many on here gutted we didnt get leathered today & are still finding negatives, ****ing sad times

It is ****ing sad times. But that’s because of results. Not people’s reactions.

It’s not about finding negatives, just acknowledging they exist. I’ve posted plenty of positive things following the game today. The back four were good. Doidge was good. But it’s not being negative to say we created very little in the last two games, just accurate IMO.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 09:25 PM
52 in 189 - not prolific but impressive nonetheless :greengrin

Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see Doidge clear that with ease. Not saying it makes him a better player.

I really like him. A bit of effort goes a long way and it’s one thing I’ve never felt he’s lacking.

hibee_girl
28-09-2019, 09:29 PM
How long a ban is he in for after getting sent to stands today?

Can you appeal a manager red card?

JimBHibees
28-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Absolutely. And I think most people have acknowledged those positives, despite people insisting that they haven’t.

They deserve praise for today. I think James and Doidge have both done well, two games on the trot. Hallberg is getting there. Not convinced at all be Vela.

We’re still sitting 11th in the league and toiling for a win so, whilst I see some positives in the last two games, I think it’s way too early to say we’ve turned a corner.

Agree will take more than 2 games however the last 2 have been difficult and we have picked up something from both when not many would have fancied us doing that after the Derby.

ekhibee
28-09-2019, 09:39 PM

Difficult to compare the two really IMO, for quite a while at Hibs Fletcher wasn't a striker and played behind the front 2, I think it was only in his last 2 seasons at Hibs that he played up front. And he missed part of that due to a disgraceful tackle by McManus of Celtic at ER. As far as I know Doidge has always been a striker.

SquashedFrogg
28-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Difficult to compare the two really IMO, for quite a while at Hibs Fletcher wasn't a striker and played behind the front 2, I think it was only in his last 2 seasons at Hibs that he played up front. And he missed part of that due to a disgraceful tackle by McManus of Celtic at ER. As far as I know Doidge has always been a striker.

Genuine question, what 2 strikers did Fletch play behind?

Apologies if I've missed this.

Doidge has played CH and right mid in the past.

Agree with thug McManus btw.

Robbo6-2
29-09-2019, 07:13 AM
Only criticism i would have of him yesterday was his use of subs.

A few players were out on their feet yesterday and we could of done with fresh legs sooner

Sir David Gray
29-09-2019, 07:23 AM
How long a ban is he in for after getting sent to stands today?

Can you appeal a manager red card?

It's exactly the same as it was before when managers are sent to the stand, only now they are sent off through the producing of a red card.

He'll be charged by the SFA and if he contests the charge, he will appear before a disciplinary hearing where he will get his punishment. It's up to the panel to decide what that will be, including the length of any ban from the dugout.

Borderhibbie76
29-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Good stuff. A point or more vs Aberdeen would really help turn things. After that game there is a long string of games we want pick up a lot of points in. That for me will be a good indicator of the teams progress.We need a win and to score a couple of goals for me to be properly convinced that we are turning a corner.. credit where it's due for him turning it around the last 2 games and I will be delighted if Heck really does turn this around...but I remain sceptical. Great to be feeling a bit more positive tho after an awful few weeks as a Hibee

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The_Horde
29-09-2019, 08:27 AM

You've lost it or you're at the troll.

Nobody has said there's no positives to take from the game, that would be a very extreme opinion. Seeing negatives in a performance is healthy, there's absolutely no way that was a perfect performance or we'd have won the game.

You coming on here and celebrating a draw against celtic as if it's some kind of proof that you were right to remain a happy clapper and everyone else was wrong to have serious doubts when things were going terribly makes you look terribly smug and arrogant.

We played exactly the same way as everyone does against celtic, it wasn't groundbreaking stuff and we showed a lot of fight but we also got a big slice of luck with the penalty decisions and could've been looking at a defeat.

A long, long way to go before you can come on here and rub it in people's faces.

The_Horde
29-09-2019, 08:33 AM

And that last part is the frustrating part for most. Because there's no reason we shouldn't be the same team as we were then.

That team was assembled when we were at our lowest ebb. We have a budget, staff and resources much bigger than the teams we've been getting horsed by recently and it's not controversial at all to expect that we should be able to build a side at least on par with the one we assembled in the division below.

This is our 3rd season back in the big time and we should be showing signs of improvement, not decline. If you're happy to accept decline then that's fair enough, but I won't be. Not when I'm paying the same amount of money to watch the lesser version.

Todi114
29-09-2019, 08:38 AM
How will Aston Villa get on next season without John mcginn
Any team will find it tougher without super John mcginn

The_Horde
29-09-2019, 08:41 AM
How will Aston Villa get on next season without John mcginn
Any team will find it tougher without super John mcginn

They'll be fine if they use the money wisely and recruit well.

Just as we would've been. Mcginns been away for more than a year now. 3 transfer windows.

superfurryhibby
29-09-2019, 08:55 AM
It’s a well done from me. The team battled hard and showed real resilience against superior opposition. TBF that’s the least we should expect from professionals and they definitely gave it everything.

There were some very good performances with Doidge, Vela, Allan, Hallberg and Whittaker the best Hibees on the field. I have to say Middleton disappointed me, at times he seemed a bit lost. When there are no options to pass, FFS just take it wide and have a go at holding the ball or taking a man on.

We also tended to punt the ball long too often.maybe Celtic were closing us down quickly, but there were times when Maxwell opted to launch it upfield when a pass to a central defender was on. Hopefully, that’s not a tactic that will continue against other sides.

Fair play to Heckingbottom, he picked the right side and made the right calls during the game. Now he must build on the last two games and see the team rise up the table.

Keith_M
29-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Everybody will be rightly happy that we're in a cup semi final and didn't actually get turned over by Celtc yesterday, as most people would have predicted, but I'm not exactly convinced that we've 'turned the corner' yet.

Look at our last two games clinically:

We have just had a run of two draws, in neither of which (over 210 minutes of play) did a Hibs player actually score a goal.

In both matches, we had incredibly low numbers of shots at goal but had some 'dig', which we were missing in previous games.

Let's just see if we can show signs of improvement over a reasonable spell of games, hopefully actually winning a few in the process.

One Day Soon
29-09-2019, 09:12 AM
Everybody will be rightly happy that we're in a cup semi final and didn't actually get turned over by Celtc yesterday, as most people would have predicted, but I'm not exactly convinced that we've 'turned the corner' yet.

We have just had a run of two draws, in neither of which (over 210 minutes of play) did a Hibs player actually score a goal.

In both matches, we had incredibly low numbers of shots at goal but had some 'dig', which we were missing in previous games.

Let's just see if we can show signs of improvement over a reasonable spell of games, hopefully actually winning a few in the process.

Nicely put and spot on as far as I’m concerned.

Sir David Gray
29-09-2019, 09:16 AM

This is where I'm at as well.

As I said on another thread, it will be interesting to see how we get on next week.

Aberdeen have just been hammered yesterday at Ibrox and were knocked out of the League Cup by Hearts. Their confidence will hopefully be dented and we need to try and take advantage.

Pittodrie hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us over the years but we need to continue seeing improvements.

We are still a long way off where we should be but hopefully yesterday's result gives us the small baby steps of improvement that we need.

we are hibs
29-09-2019, 09:32 AM

The atmosphere wasnt great at all. It was pretty flat if truth be told.

People are getting too ahead of themselves. Weve drawn 2 games. The performance was an improvement compared to recent weeks but it was hardly a difficult task when you consider how bad we have been. We showed a bit fight. Thats a start but we are still way off where we should/can be.

The 90+2
29-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Oh well, another thread ruined.

Captain Trips
29-09-2019, 10:16 AM

5 pts from 21.
8 pts behind Motherwell.

We shouldn't have threads of this nature given the excellent opportunity given to the manager at start of season. He will get credit when we have a record worthy of it and a league position befitting the chance given.

Only thing being ruined is the team so he better fix it.

Leith Green
29-09-2019, 10:25 AM

What is the problem with people having a healthy debate about things? Why are people getting their knickers in a twist when people rightly bring up valid points that are negative? Shall we just focus on the positive? Ignore the blatantly obvious negatives??

calumhibee1
29-09-2019, 05:16 PM
What is the problem with people having a healthy debate about things? Why are people getting their knickers in a twist when people rightly bring up valid points that are negative? Shall we just focus on the positive? Ignore the blatantly obvious negatives??

Change the word negative to positive in your post and the same could be said for others. Some posters are ignoring the blatantly obvious positives from yesterday’s result. And to me, as a fan of Hibs, it would seem to make more sense to focus on the positives than the negatives.

Booked4Being-Ugly
29-09-2019, 05:28 PM

Spot on, I was actually enjoying reading the positive threads for a change only for them to ruined by the constant negative pish from the usual suspects.

Captain Trips
29-09-2019, 05:37 PM
Spot on, I was actually enjoying reading the positive threads for a change only for them to ruined by the constant negative pish from the usual suspects.

Well I think there is a massive overreaction to the result so I will stick with my negative push for now. If we were unlucky not to win then some would have a point for me we were lucky not to lose. We created next to nothing so I'm not optomistic at this point we are on any upward curve.

Smartie
29-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Well I think there is a massive overreaction to the result so I will stick with my negative push for now. If we were unlucky not to win then some would have a point for me we were lucky not to lose. We created next to nothing so I'm not optomistic at this point we are on any upward curve.

That I would agree with, but is it not fair to acknowledge at least that the last 2 games would suggest that we've bottomed out slightly from the steep downwards curve that we had been on? If Terry Butcher taught us anything, it was that horrific dips in form can be very difficult to get out of and that they can have quite horrific consequences.

I just had a wee look at the league - yes, things have been bad lately but we're only 8 points off 3rd place with 31 games to go.

Plenty still to play for.

Captain Trips
29-09-2019, 05:47 PM
That I would agree with, but is it not fair to acknowledge at least that the last 2 games would suggest that we've bottomed out slightly from the steep downwards curve that we had been on? If Terry Butcher taught us anything, it was that horrific dips in form can be very difficult to get out of and that they can have quite horrific consequences.

I just had a wee look at the league - yes, things have been bad lately but we're only 8 points off 3rd place with 31 games to go.

Celtic game OK but no way was Wednesday anything of note it just had a reward of a Semi Final. It was dire pish.

The 90+2
29-09-2019, 05:49 PM
Celtic game OK but no way was Wednesday anything of note it just had a reward of a Semi Final. It was dire pish.

I actually agree with nearly all you say but it is a thread praising the guy and it gets dragged down to the tit for tat **** that’s ruining a lot of threads. Just my opinion mind and I could be wrong. We need some kind of positive platform to build from and avoiding defeats in tough circumstances the last two games is something at least. I wouldn’t have gave us a hope of it happening this time last week.

euro Hibby
29-09-2019, 05:51 PM
I am not sure many teams can hit the ground runnoing with so many changes in the squad preseason. Hearts will confirm that. I was not expecting too much from this season , too many untried players in this league and remember its Hibs. When did we ever put a run of over 4 good seasons together. I am not enjoying the football but at least the last 2 games we have seen some effort. Long way to go in this season. Keep the cool .

BILLYHIBS
29-09-2019, 05:52 PM

Still need some quality experienced players to help us climb the league and win the bread and butter games

I wonder what Efe is up to?

Smartie
29-09-2019, 06:01 PM

It's a results business (and FWIW I know ours have been nowhere near good enough).

It didn't matter how we played on Wednesday - all that mattered was that we got into the next round, and then we can argue all day long afterwards about the performance.

I'll be interested to see how we get on in games we're expected to win. We're proven we can grind out a draw under the cosh. I still question whether or not we have enough about us to take a game to weaker opposition and dominate them.