PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Clancy

Scottie
28-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Shocking 45 minutes of referring from this cheat and his assistants. Some absolute dreadful decisions that will go unchecked once again. :fuming:

Pretty Boy
28-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Celtic are, nowadays, very much an establishment club and as such get the decisions that go with it.

Establishment club, establishment cheats, huns in green.

soupy
28-09-2019, 12:28 PM
He's lost the plot, I hope Hecky calls him out after the game, brutal refereeing 😕😕

HibbyAndy
28-09-2019, 12:28 PM
How ntcham never saw red is truly beyond belief

hibee_girl
28-09-2019, 12:29 PM
Don’t worry guys, these things even themselves out so that should mean we’ll get one in our favour 2nd half 🙄

I'm_cabbaged
28-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Is anyone wathing it on the box, wtf did Forrest get a foul for?

zitelli62
28-09-2019, 12:32 PM
The guys a cheat and a clown.

hfc rd
28-09-2019, 12:32 PM
S****!

Doing everything he can to help Celtic here.

Fuming would be an understatement just now on how I’m feeling towards this prick!

SouthMoroccoStu
28-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Yet we still don’t have accountability in the game for refs
Cheating bar steward
Hope hecky rips him a new one

Heisenberg
28-09-2019, 12:33 PM

It was a foul. Can’t mind the player but they caught Forrest on the heel. His decision to give a foul before that when there wasn’t one was mental.

HibeeHibernian4
28-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Celtic are an establishment club and everything they pretend to hate.

Ardenttwo
28-09-2019, 12:34 PM
How ntcham never saw red is truly beyond belief

The rules of the game have changed when you get a red card for kicking a water bottle but only yellow when throwing a punch. Feel sorry for our lads playing against 12 men. F*****g raging

SouthMoroccoStu
28-09-2019, 12:35 PM

Went down holding his face

Wasn’t a foul nor near his face

We should have had got the Ball back or Celtic should have returned it to us

Celtic and the gfa are cheating ****s

SouthMoroccoStu
28-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Worst was when Celtic player slipped on the edge of the box and they get the free kick

Sir David Gray
28-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Corrupt *******s.

Since452
28-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. If it isn't cheating it's utter incompetence

Swedish hibee
28-09-2019, 01:01 PM
Sh*te.
I've seen many games where players have been sent off for less. Bottled it.

SRHibs
28-09-2019, 01:34 PM
He had a disastrous game, but it was in our favour the second half at least.

hibee_girl
28-09-2019, 01:35 PM
He’ll be devastated he couldn’t orchestrate a Celtic win

ahibby
28-09-2019, 01:38 PM
He’ll be devastated he couldn’t orchestrate a Celtic win

He could have and should have given them two penalties, let us of the hook.

calumhibee1
28-09-2019, 01:38 PM
He’s a cheat.

neil7908
28-09-2019, 01:40 PM
An absolutely disgraceful performance that will no doubt go unpunished.

ShetlandHibby
28-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Strange performance. Gave them everything first half then denied them two stonewall pens in the second half

hibee_girl
28-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Heckingbottom slating him on tv right now

Scottie
28-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Heckingbottom slating him on tv right now
And rightly so. Disgusting decision right in front of his face not to send Ntcham off for a hand to the face of Vela. :rolleyes:

brog
28-09-2019, 01:55 PM
Worst was when Celtic player slipped on the edge of the box and they get the free kick

It should probably have been a penalty as well. As for the Forrest one it probably was a foul but since when were 4th officials allowed to make decisions?

Doh Rae Me
28-09-2019, 01:57 PM
Ntcham should have been sent off but they should have had 2 penalties. I'd say his performance was consistent. Lol

we are hibs
28-09-2019, 02:00 PM
See those people who were telling me a few months back that referees arent biased and arent cheats. Explain that today?

GlesgaeHibby
28-09-2019, 02:06 PM
See those people who were telling me a few months back that referees arent biased and arent cheats. Explain that today?

Explain what? A hopeless ref who made hopelessly bad calls that impacted both teams?

we are hibs
28-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Explain what? A hopeless ref who made hopelessly bad calls that impacted both teams?

Lol.

Celtic scored from a "bad call". Celtic kept 11 on the park from a "bad call"

They were more than bad calls he is a cheat and has previous refereeing hibs games

ShetlandHibby
28-09-2019, 02:13 PM
Lol.

They were more than bad calls he is a cheat and has previous refereeing hibs games

What about the 2 pens they should’ve got? Away n boil your heid

Beefster
28-09-2019, 02:19 PM
Lol.

Cheating barsteward couldn’t even decide what team he was cheating for.

percy veer
28-09-2019, 02:21 PM
It's the wee jobs worth 4th official that was worse, every opportunities to speak to the hibs bench, Lennon on the pitch couldn't give a toss

hibby6270
28-09-2019, 02:46 PM
It was a foul. Can’t mind the player but they caught Forrest on the heel. His decision to give a foul before that when there wasn’t one was mental.

Haven’t seen any TV replay but from where I was it looked as though he blew because player down injured. If it wasn’t a head knock, then why stop the game?

Overall he definitely had a mare but that 10-15 minutes in the first half was bizarre - even by Clancy’s eccentric standards!!:confused::rolleyes:

overdrive
28-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Clancy is sometimes on my bus in the morning... he’s going to get an earful from me on Monday if he’s on it. Corrupt cheat.

A Hi-Bee
28-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Klancy is a cheating **** always has been.

sean04
28-09-2019, 03:02 PM
Can anybody clear the incident up with the Celtic full back Bauer? Seem to fall over in the box? Was it a foul?

hibee_girl
28-09-2019, 03:03 PM
Can anybody clear the incident up with the Celtic full back Bauer? Seem to fall over in the box? Was it a foul?

He slipped, it wasn’t a foul

sean04
28-09-2019, 03:03 PM
He slipped, it wasn’t a foul

Did him falling make him take Middleton out?

hibIBZ
28-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Poor performance today. Red card missed, farce around the free kick they ended up scoring from, brown could of gone for a second yellow, Celtic possibly could of had 2 penalties. Just a generally poor performance all round

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 03:05 PM
Lennon saying they should have had two penalties. I think the could have had one.

Heckingbotton slaughtering him as well, rightly so because they should have been down to ten.

Because he handled the game so poorly it got to a point where every foul was ending up a booking in the second half.

Hibbyradge
28-09-2019, 03:05 PM
He’s a cheat.

He cheated for us today, in that case.

Hibbyradge
28-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Cheating barsteward couldn’t even decide what team he was cheating for.

:faf: :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
28-09-2019, 03:09 PM
It's the wee jobs worth 4th official that was worse, every opportunities to speak to the hibs bench, Lennon on the pitch couldn't give a toss

He warned Lennon to stay back.

A Hi-Bee
28-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Lennon saying they should have had two penalties. I think the could have had one.

Heckingbotton slaughtering him as well, rightly so because they should have been down to ten.

Because he handled the game so poorly it got to a point where every foul was ending up a booking in the second half.

He is just a usless **** helps to make Scottish Fitba a joke on the telly.

28-09-2019, 03:12 PM
Celtic are, nowadays, very much an establishment club and as such get the decisions that go with it.

Establishment club, establishment cheats, huns in green.

Haha this made me laugh and is a great way to wind up those fuds

Rumble de Thump
28-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Does anyone think the two penalty incidents in the second half would have occurred if Celtic were losing and a man down for the majority of the game?

ahibby
He is just a usless **** helps to make Scottish Fitba a joke on the telly.

He made a couple of mistakes but I thought he got most things right and fair enough. He didn't see the slip, only the hand on the back which had nothing to do with the fall but he saw both going down and presumed. He let us of with one or maybe two penalties to compensate.

Deansy
It's long past the time when referees should be held to some degree of accountability in games - players and managers are so why not referees, they are part of the game are they not ?. Of course, we all know that's something the GFA will fight to the bitter end to oppose - anything that reduces their power to fix the league to the 'Old S*um's benefit is a no-no !

B.H.F.C
28-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Does anyone think the two penalty incidents in the second half would have occurred if Celtic were losing and a man down for the majority of the game?

Possibly. Even with ten men they’d still have been pushing for a goal.

Hibee Mac
28-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Why was Lennon allowed to enter the pitch and help initiate a quick free kick for Celtic at one stage?

Just unbelievable I couldn't believe what I was seeing, simply begs the question what the **** are the officials watching?

eastmainsmsh
28-09-2019, 03:23 PM
shocking today

One Day
28-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Clancy is sometimes on my bus in the morning... he’s going to get an earful from me on Monday if he’s on it. Corrupt cheat.

What bus is that we'll all get on it

heretoday
28-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Shoot the ref!

Crab apple
28-09-2019, 03:45 PM
He’s hugely incompetent. Vela gets a slap/punch in the face directly in front of Clancy and he chooses to issue only a yellow as well as giving Vela a yellow too!

percy veer
28-09-2019, 03:46 PM
He warned Lennon to stay back.

After an earful from the hibs bench

GlesgaeHibby
28-09-2019, 03:46 PM
Lol.

So were the two penalty calls, both penalties all day long.

Lago
28-09-2019, 03:55 PM

That is the one decision that to me sums him up, an obvious slip & gives a foul against Hibs, shocking.

A Hi-Bee
28-09-2019, 04:00 PM
So were the two penalty calls, both penalties all day long.

So 2 wrongs make a right then eh! the guys a ****in clown and should not be allowed to ref first class games. Bent as a five bob note.

Joe Baker2
28-09-2019, 04:01 PM
shouldn't be allowed to ref another match. Shocking.

SingaporeHibs
28-09-2019, 04:06 PM
I’m always moaning about how bad our refs are in Scotland but rarely do you see a performance as disgraceful as that one. Absolutely horrific from start to finish. He knew it as well and after giving so many horrific decisions against us he ended up ‘trying to level things out’. Of course he could never quite level things out but we could easily have seen a penalty against us had he not known he likely pushed his luck to far with earlier calls.
That was one of the worst displays from a ref ever and that goes some given what i’ve Witnessed over the years.

J-C
28-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Celtic should've been down to 9, 1 for lifting his hands and Brown for going in with the studs on Allan for a 2nd yellow, bog standard shocking refereeing.

On a side note, is there any wee niggle between Allan and Brown, they went at it all game, any possible reason why Allan never got a look in at Celtic.

SingaporeHibs
28-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Celtic should've been down to 9, 1 for lifting his hands and Brown for going in with the studs on Allan for a 2nd yellow, bog standard shocking refereeing.

On a side note, is there any wee niggle between Allan and Brown, they went at it all game, any possible reason why Allan never got a look in at Celtic.
If Brown found himself playing his granny he would have niggle. It’s the type of player he is.

Allant1981
28-09-2019, 04:08 PM

Yip allan certainly wasnt holding back against brown, was quite a good battle between the 2

The Harp Awakes
28-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Clancy is one of the worst refs in Scotland. He sbsolutely hates Hibs so it's quite incredible that he didn't give at least 1 penalty to them.

Can only think he realised he'd made 2 blatant mistakes in favour of Celtic in the 1st half and tried to even things up.

CathroMustStay
28-09-2019, 04:12 PM
He could have and should have given them two penalties, let us of the hook.

Indeed.

Clancy is biased towards incompetence, no matter what team(s) is involved.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Being at the game I’ll have to rewatch the highlights
But were there actually 2 decent shouts for penalties for Celtic?
And not just the away end screaming for it

weecounty hibby
28-09-2019, 04:33 PM
He was a total disgrace today. The penalty incidents were at the far end from where I sit but didn't look anything clear cut. The decisions to leave Ntcham and Brown on the park were shockers. He totally shat the Brown decision and gave a throw in to Hibs. Straight leg, studs up second yellow all day. Ntcham, hands up at opposition players face straight red all day. The decision to give celtic a free kick in the lead up to their goal was apparently given by 4th official. Not sure how that actually works? Then it was very obvious that the Hibs players, as we had the ball, thought it was a drop ball. He should have made it very clear that it was a free kick as when celtic took it most of our team were out of position. The free kick he gave celtic when their left back slipped was beyond belief as well. It's clowns line him that make Scottish football a joke

One Day Soon
28-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Been quite a while since I've such refereeing buffoonery. And a 4th official who can interfere on a free kick but not on a red card hands to face episode?

It was a toxic mix of incompetence and pro-uglies officialdom today.

green day
28-09-2019, 04:38 PM
He was a total disgrace today. The penalty incidents were at the far end from where I sit but didn't look anything clear cut. The decisions to leave Ntcham and Brown on the park were shockers. He totally shat the Brown decision and gave a throw in to Hibs. Straight leg, studs up second yellow all day. Ntcham, hands up at opposition players face straight red all day. The decision to give celtic a free kick in the lead up to their goal was apparently given by 4th official. Not sure how that actually works? Then it was very obvious that the Hibs players, as we had the ball, thought it was a drop ball. He should have made it very clear that it was a free kick as when celtic took it most of our team were out of position. The free kick he gave celtic when their left back slipped was beyond belief as well. It's clowns line him that make Scottish football a joke

Agree all of that, except the celtic pen ones, I have watched it back since I got home and at least one was a pen. So, more incompetence from Clancy and the standside lino.

weecounty hibby
28-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Agree all of that, except the celtic pen ones, I have watched it back since I got home and at least one was a pen. So, more incompetence from Clancy and the standside lino.
Not seen it since I got home but I did hear the sportsound pundits unanimously say they were both pens as did Lennon. As they are all fuds I chose to ignore them all!!

kaimendhibs
28-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Does anyone think the two penalty incidents in the second half would have occurred if Celtic were losing and a man down for the majority of the game?Excellent point.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
28-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Just give microphones to the ref to hear them explain decisions.

Would solve so many issues.

Football is so far behind rugby at times.

Sammy7nil
28-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Not seen it since I got home but I did hear the sportsound pundits unanimously say they were both pens as did Lennon. As they are all fuds I chose to ignore them all!!

Just a poor ref who helped neither team.

Hibbyradge
28-09-2019, 04:58 PM
https://videocelts.com/2019/09/blogs/latest-news/disgraceful-performance-clancy-cheat-or-incompetent-celtic-fans-react-to-honest-mistakes-at-easter-road/amp/

green day
28-09-2019, 05:00 PM
https://videocelts.com/2019/09/blogs/latest-news/disgraceful-performance-clancy-cheat-or-incompetent-celtic-fans-react-to-honest-mistakes-at-easter-road/amp/

I feel dirty saying this, but sometimes I wonder if they are worse than the Huns?

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Why was Lennon allowed to enter the pitch and help initiate a quick free kick for Celtic at one stage?

Just unbelievable I couldn't believe what I was seeing, simply begs the question what the **** are the officials watching?
Saw that,absolutely ridiculous state of affairs, goodness knows how he was allowed to do that right in front of the 4th official

Mon Dieu4
28-09-2019, 05:08 PM
I feel dirty saying this, but sometimes I wonder if they are worse than the Huns?

They are more dirty than the huns, the huns seem to take great pride in what they are, celtic are sleekit and denial

WoreTheGreen
28-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Celtaplisment

GlesgaeHibby
28-09-2019, 05:17 PM
So 2 wrongs make a right then eh! the guys a ****in clown and should not be allowed to ref first class games. Bent as a five bob note.

His performance was hopeless, but was hopeless for both teams with big calls going against us and Celtic. Incompetent, yes. Bent, no.

BILLYHIBS
28-09-2019, 05:20 PM

Dont feel dirty they are just as bad if not worse :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
28-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Might be wrong but convinced I saw a Celtic player punch a HIBS player in the face right in front of the Ref second half

Celtics first goal I don’t even think it was a Celtic foul Maxwell was waving at the kicker to kick the ball to him to give the ball back...wrong!

First half Celtic defender slips in his box Middleton through on goal.....foul to Celtic

:confused:

GonzoReturns
28-09-2019, 05:31 PM

Exactly this.

matty_f
28-09-2019, 05:33 PM

:faf:

Not In The Know
28-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Stevenson got a stud (yep I know grasping, but he did) on the ball. It looked Like a pen at the time. And he got it wrong. As it should’ve been awarded. But a var may have overruled it. We should have received a pen for the shirt pulling on doidge

He had a mare. If anyone was cheating it was the 4th officials pulling up the so called foul on Forrest before the goal. Probably just because he received an earful from Hecky about the slip earlier.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Selective memory from Lennon there

Centre Hawf
28-09-2019, 05:37 PM
He had a mare all round. Both sides should have had penalties. They aren’t cheats. They’re just useless.

Hibbyradge
28-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Might be wrong but convinced I saw a Celtic player punch a HIBS player in the face right in front of the Ref second half

Celtics first goal I don’t even think it was a Celtic foul Maxwell was waving at the kicker to kick the ball to him to give the ball back...wrong!

First half Celtic defender slips in his box Middleton through on goal.....foul to Celtic

:confused:

He wasn't punched and it was a foul, but you're right about Middleton's "foul". The Celtic player slipped.

SChibs
28-09-2019, 05:39 PM
He clearly isn't a cheat because he never gave them 2 penalties that he easily could have. He's simply just not at the standard high enough to referee top level games

Hibbyradge
28-09-2019, 05:43 PM
Stevenson got a stud (yep I know grasping, but he did) on the ball. It looked Like a pen at the time. And he got it wrong. As it should’ve been awarded. But a var may have overruled it. We should have received a pen for the shirt pulling on doidge

He had a mare. If anyone was cheating it was the 4th officials pulling up the so called foul on Forrest before the goal. Probably just because he received an earful from Hecky about the slip earlier.

The 4th official's cheating because he got the call right?

BILLYHIBS
28-09-2019, 05:50 PM
He wasn't punched and it was a foul, but you're right about Middleton's "foul". The Celtic player slipped.

Not had a chance to watch those incidents a second time just back from the game via The Cask

Just glad that the team put in a more spirited performance and emerged with a creditable result

The Ref had a shocker though. :greengrin

Sprouleflyer
28-09-2019, 06:18 PM

He wasn’t punched, but hands were still raised, also the aggressive barge beforehand? He was lucky to stay on the pitch.

brog
28-09-2019, 06:45 PM

Hecky made that very point in his interview.

BoltonHibee
28-09-2019, 06:48 PM
What was the difference between Porteous tackle that led to his sending off against Kilmarnock and the tackle on Stevenson towards the end as he was breaking away by Bauer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
28-09-2019, 06:50 PM
What was the difference between Porteous tackle that led to his sending off against Kilmarnock and the tackle on Stevenson towards the end as he was breaking away by Bauer?

Quite different challenges....more of a kick from Porto

weecounty hibby
28-09-2019, 06:50 PM

One was a player from Hibs and one was from the old firm. That's the only explanation that you really need

Wheat Hound
28-09-2019, 06:53 PM

Agree 100%

BoltonHibee
28-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Quite different challenges....more of a kick from Porto

Really?

I’m not so sure really. Cynical last ditch foul, both. They are either both yellows or both reds.

Clancy got it wrong today for both sides in so many decisions, whilst I think that Scottish football is riddled with cheating refs. ( always has been), Clancy is just an incompetent clown not fit for this level

bigwheel
28-09-2019, 07:00 PM
Really?

I’m not so sure really. Cynical last ditch foul, both. They are either both yellows or both reds.

Clancy got it wrong today for both sides in so many decisions, whilst I think that Scottish football is riddled with cheating refs. ( always has been), Clancy is just an incompetent clown not fit for this level

Porto’s kick at the game, from the away end, looked nasty...quite different from the Celtic guy bringing down Lewis

The TV angle I’ve seen of the Killie game - doesn’t give the best angle ..looks softer than it was from straight on

percy veer
28-09-2019, 07:11 PM
Woukd be good to see a stat of how many decisions the 4th officials give over a season, if that was an old firm game the papers would have a field day tomorrow

HibeeHibernian4
28-09-2019, 07:11 PM

Refs (sub)consciously bow to the pressure by the Old Firm’s larger support and bigger media limelight. It’s not deliberately setting out to cheat or be biased towards them, it’s being presented with a decision and knowing that giving it the Old Firm’s way (rather than Hibs’) will cause far less outrage if you get it wrong.

Hibernian Verse
28-09-2019, 07:28 PM
Take it you missed the two stonewallers he didn't give Celtic today. You're barking way up the wrong tree.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

pacoluna
28-09-2019, 07:30 PM

That was the most obvious blatant red card I think I've ever seen and it was rite in front of him!!

Keith_M
28-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Anybody suspect that he knew he'd ballsed it up in the first half and the penalty decisions in the second were an attempt at evening things up a bit?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Ntcham should have been sent off but they should have had 2 penalties. I'd say his performance was consistent. Lol

But if he, rightly, sends off Ntcham they might not have fashioned those 2 penalty sitiuations.

Phil MaGlass
28-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Hes not a cheat, just a pee poor ref

weecounty hibby
28-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Hes not a cheat, just a pee poor ref

I think he can be both. And I don't think he's the only one.

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 08:03 PM
Don’t buy the “he’s a cheat” line give he should’ve given them at least one penalty. He was awful today. He needs to reflect on that performance.

JimBHibees
28-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Take it you missed the two stonewallers he didn't give Celtic today. You're barking way up the wrong tree.

2 stonewallers my erse Christies was never a pen he falls over at every opportunity. Second one was a foul but the sort of penalty never really given. Don't think half the Celtic fans thought it was either

JimBHibees
28-09-2019, 08:23 PM
I think he can be both. And I don't think he's the only one.

Agree another ref you can't reallly remember giving us anything.

Hibernian Verse
28-09-2019, 08:32 PM
2 stonewallers my erse Christies was never a pen he falls over at every opportunity. Second one was a foul but the sort of penalty never really given. Don't think half the Celtic fans thought it was either
.You're kidding right?

JimBHibees
28-09-2019, 08:37 PM
You're kidding right?

Nope Christie one never a pen the other one probably was to say they were 2 stonewallers was stretching it. Bt trying to balance out us getting shafted in the first half.

JimBHibees
28-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Woukd be good to see a stat of how many decisions the 4th officials give over a season, if that was an old firm game the papers would have a field day tomorrow

Good point when do they ever give a foul and get involved. Clancy is apparently the head of one of the main ref organisations which is basically a cabal of West of Scotland refs who imo will always favour west teams.

Hibbyradge
28-09-2019, 09:03 PM
He wasn’t punched, but hands were still raised, also the aggressive barge beforehand? He was lucky to stay on the pitch.

I agree. I thought he would be sent off when I first saw it.

He was very lucky to only get a yellow.

Chorley Hibee
28-09-2019, 09:41 PM
I would hope the compliance officer is reviewing the Ntcham incident, but I wouldn't be so stupid as to believe that this applies to contentious decisions involving Celtic/Rangers (delete as applicable).

davhibby
28-09-2019, 09:52 PM
The goal came from the freekick he gave Celtic in the box when Bauer slipped, Middleton was back up and had a great chance inside the box. Instead they went up the park and won the freekick they scored from. The way he handled that was terrible and it was clear that half the team thought we were getting the ball back. The red card incident is just a joke. As Hecky put it in his BBC interview, the two Celtic penalties are irrelevant as the game would have been totally different if we’d been playing against 10 men for an hour

GonzoReturns
28-09-2019, 10:09 PM
The goal came from the freekick he gave Celtic in the box when Bauer slipped, Middleton was back up and had a great chance inside the box. Instead they went up the park and won the freekick they scored from. The way he handled that was terrible and it was clear that half the team thought we were getting the ball back. The red card incident is just a joke. As Hecky put it in his BBC interview, the two Celtic penalties are irrelevant as the game would have been totally different if we’d been playing against 10 men for an hour

Post of the day/night that’s exactly it.

Callum_62
28-09-2019, 10:13 PM
Clancy was unsighted

https://twitter.com/Freddiewhite23/status/1178050118999855104?s=09

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
29-09-2019, 01:56 AM
Clancy was unsighted

Disgrace.

Deansy
29-09-2019, 05:47 AM
Wonder how many of Clancy's 'Human-errors' won't be shown on BBC Weeg highlights - but it's pretty much guaranteed their 2 penalty-claims will get shown repeatedly ??

SouthMoroccoStu
29-09-2019, 05:56 AM
Wonder how many of Clancy's 'Human-errors' won't be shown on BBC Weeg highlights - but it's pretty much guaranteed their 2 penalty-claims will get shown repeatedly ??

Guaranteed

crash
29-09-2019, 06:05 AM
Everybody is an expert after watching tv replays from various angles, referees don't have that.

Heisenberg
29-09-2019, 06:14 AM
Everybody is an expert after watching tv replays from various angles, referees don't have that.

He was extremely close to the Ntcham one though. There’s no chance he missed it. He bottled it and booked both players.

Few folk have brought it up but Lennon being allowed onto the park to kick the ball and let Celtc take a quick free kick was outrageous aswell. Only allowed to do that if you’re the Celtc manager.

hibbydad
29-09-2019, 07:09 AM
Clancy is an absolute disgrace of a referee

GreenCastle
29-09-2019, 07:25 AM

You could see from the back of the East Stand what was happening today.

Refs like most of Scottish Football are poor.

They need help and giving them a microphone to explain decisions and even a VAR type 5th official would go a long way to making the game more transparent and fair.

If Edinburgh v Glasgow rugby rugby can do it why can’t Scottish Football?

SouthMoroccoStu
29-09-2019, 07:35 AM
Clancy was unsighted

I don’t want to see this, but he should have gone done holding his face and rolling about

Worked for Celtic several times yesterday- even when it was nowhere near the face

wookie70
29-09-2019, 07:39 AM
He was extremely close to the Ntcham one though. There’s no chance he missed it. He bottled it and booked both players.

Few folk have brought it up but Lennon being allowed onto the park to kick the ball and let Celtc take a quick free kick was outrageous aswell. Only allowed to do that if you’re the Celtc manager.He was on the pitch as much as Brian Graham when he was Hibs manager

staunchhibby
29-09-2019, 07:44 AM
I can ony hope compliance officer takes a look at that incident where hands were raised.Not sure what ruling is as that impostor called glancy has booked them both.

staunchhibby
29-09-2019, 07:46 AM
Was there not some supporters reported an incident to compliance officer due to referee not taking action

HibsGW
29-09-2019, 07:47 AM

This point isn’t relevant when everyone in the stadium can see the errors without tv replays and various angles

JimBHibees
29-09-2019, 07:50 AM
I don’t want to see this, but he should have gone done holding his face and rolling about

Worked for Celtic several times yesterday- even when it was nowhere near the face

That is exactly what needed to happen.

staunchhibby
29-09-2019, 08:07 AM
How could glancy not see that when he moved in to separate them.Shoud have gone to specsavers

Callum_62
29-09-2019, 08:08 AM
Everybody is an expert after watching tv replays from various angles, referees don't have that.Interestingly enough - the angle that shows this the best and looks the worst is pretty much the exact view Clancy had

JimBHibees
29-09-2019, 08:10 AM
How could glancy not see that when he moved in to separate them.Shoud have gone to specsavers

He saw it he chose not to send off the Glasgow team player. Does anyone honestly think the same would have happened the other way around? Not a chance.

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2019, 08:16 AM

Would those indicents have happened in Celtic had 10 men?

rotherhamrob
29-09-2019, 08:18 AM
I've just watched the highlights and correct me if I'm wrong but if the ball hits the referee is it not supposed to be a drop ball?
To me that's what appeared to happen on the lead up to horgans tackle on bauer in the box, it looked as if the ball came of clancys heel straight to a celtic player.

Onion
29-09-2019, 08:28 AM
He saw it he chose not to send off the Glasgow team player. Does anyone honestly think the same would have happened the other way around? Not a chance.

Not a chance in Hell. The Celtic players would have been all over Clancy and a red card produced before the Celtic player hit the ground - guaranteed.

And as others have said, that changes everything else about the game from that point on. Celtic can't claim the 2 pen incidents and the 1-1 becomes a good point for Celtic. IMO the first major mistake by Clancy is by far and away the most important. Ad ever, it's in the Glasgow team's favour.

Todi114
29-09-2019, 08:29 AM
It would have been hilarious if Clancy had given a penalty and VAR had disallowed due to the referee touching the ball

Hibernian Verse
29-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Would those indicents have happened in Celtic had 10 men?Probably not IMO, but it doesnt change the fact he was appaling for both teams!

Waxy
29-09-2019, 08:50 AM
The establishment always give that helping hand.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-09-2019, 08:59 AM
With "displays " like that by officials, what really matters are the questions asked and subsequent actions taken by the referees bosses. Fan's opinions don't come in it. If there is nothing said or done then they start to erode their own credibilty.

twiceinathens
29-09-2019, 10:52 AM
Referees are often used as excuses for results for after a team's poor performances and accused of bias, but this was an example of clear consistency - consistent ineptitude Both sides suffered from nonsensical decisions.

Deansy
29-09-2019, 12:01 PM
You could see from the back of the East Stand what was happening today.

Refs like most of Scottish Football are poor.

They need help and giving them a microphone to explain decisions and even a VAR type 5th official would go a long way to making the game more transparent and fair.

If Edinburgh v Glasgow rugby rugby can do it why can’t Scottish Football?

The GFA would have kittens if that was introduced into the game -

'Penalty for ra teddy-bears - we arra peepil - ****** ye's ya Edinburra bassas !!'

Lago
29-09-2019, 12:49 PM
I am going to show my ignorance here but, can someone please explain the exact role of the 4th official. Listening to Hecky it was thet4th official that called the foul for Celtic that led to their goal, not the match ref. Is that part of his role?

brog
29-09-2019, 12:59 PM
I am going to show my ignorance here but, can someone please explain the exact role of the 4th official. Listening to Hecky it was thet4th official that called the foul for Celtic that led to their goal, not the match ref. Is that part of his role?

It shouldn't be, that's why PH was so frustrated.

The Green Goblin
29-09-2019, 01:15 PM
I can ony hope compliance officer takes a look at that incident where hands were raised.Not sure what ruling is as that impostor called glancy has booked them both.

If he does, expect Vela to be cited too (just because)

CMurdoch
29-09-2019, 01:27 PM
Anybody suspect that he knew he'd ballsed it up in the first half and the penalty decisions in the second were an attempt at evening things up a bit?

Yeh, human nature. A lot of pressure on one wee human heid.
In the end the decisions evened up and the result was about right.
As usual fans of both teams greeting.

I agree with a poster above who said he should have made it clear to the Hibs players that it was a free kick for a foul in the first half. The Celtic players obviously knew and equally the Hibs players didn't. Then he sent Hecky off and the whole thing blew up and he was never on top of things after that as he tried to even things up. The harder he tried the more he messed up and the more the teams and fans got annoyed. However, i would contend we did get the right result all things considered.

sean04
29-09-2019, 02:55 PM
Does anybody have a clipof the incident when Bauer slipped in his box and ref gave them a foul?

CMurdoch
29-09-2019, 03:23 PM
Does anybody have a clipof the incident when Bauer slipped in his box and ref gave them a foul?

Will be on Sportscene shortly

Jones28
29-09-2019, 03:48 PM

I’ve never heard of a fourth official actually giving a foul before. I thought they were advisory?

SouthMoroccoStu
29-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Will be on Sportscene shortly

Do you think it will

I’m not so sure

I hope you’re right but creative editing/highlights are a stable of that show

Cabbie1875
29-09-2019, 05:02 PM
1 word, coward

Jones28
29-09-2019, 06:40 PM
Do you think it will

I’m not so sure

I hope you’re right but creative editing/highlights are a stable of that show

It was.

Jones28
29-09-2019, 06:41 PM
He’s been shown to be incompetent so clearly here. Not corrupt, not biased, just completely incompetent.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-09-2019, 06:54 PM
It was.

Just saw it

Wasn’t criticising you pal

Just genuine wonder if it would be highlighted

bigwheel
01-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Apparently Kevin Clancy is the ref for Spurs V Bayern Munich tonight! eek!

Onion
01-10-2019, 03:28 PM
He’s been shown to be incompetent so clearly here. Not corrupt, not biased, just completely incompetent.

Incompetence simply fills the gaps when they are not being deliberately biased :cb

cookin_on_gaz
01-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Surely the fourth official would have had a good view of the Ntcham incident. If he gives the foul that led to their goal then he has to also tell the ref that Ntcham souk have walked.

And on another note I also remember Johnsons yellow card against celtic being upgraded to red last season and that was for a genuine attempt to get the ball.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
01-10-2019, 03:50 PM
Yeh, human nature. A lot of pressure on one wee human heid.
In the end the decisions evened up and the result was about right.
As usual fans of both teams greeting.

I agree with a poster above who said he should have made it clear to the Hibs players that it was a free kick for a foul in the first half. The Celtic players obviously knew and equally the Hibs players didn't. Then he sent Hecky off and the whole thing blew up and he was never on top of things after that as he tried to even things up. The harder he tried the more he messed up and the more the teams and fans got annoyed. However, i would contend we did get the right result all things considered.

It was absolutely clear from the highlights of the Celtic goal that a few of the Hibs players thought it was a drop ball. Both Allan and Middleton are up the pitch expecting Hibs to get the ball and also not covering back hence the reason Bauer has the run of the right wing and provides an assist. The more you think about it the stranger that passage of play gets culminating with a non-red card a few minutes later. Absolutely corrupt IMO.

JimBHibees
01-10-2019, 03:52 PM

Don't think Scottish refs do English teams games.

ancient hibee
01-10-2019, 03:59 PM
It was absolutely clear from the highlights of the Celtic goal that a few of the Hibs players thought it was a drop ball. Both Allan and Middleton are up the pitch expecting Hibs to get the ball and also not covering back hence the reason Bauer has the run of the right wing and provides an assist. The more you think about it the stranger that passage of play gets culminating with a non-red card a few minutes later. Absolutely corrupt IMO.

Even from a distance at the match it seemed to me that McGregor was asking the ref what he should do.The ref kind of gestured in the direction of our goal which I took to mean”give the ball back”.Obviously it didn’t but any Hibs player who saw this might have thought the same.I didn’t at any time see him indicate a free kick.

bigwheel
01-10-2019, 04:23 PM
Don't think Scottish refs do English teams games.

pretty sure i read he is on duty there tonight

Badge
01-10-2019, 04:25 PM

According to Live Score he did the Spurs youth game this afternoon

MartinfaePorty
01-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Had a look for this last night. Don't have the exact quote, but it seems to have changed recently to say all officials are to assist the ref with decisions, where necessary. Something I read previously mentioned only in certain circumstances, but that seems to have been taken out and 4th official lumped in with the rest under Assistants.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
01-10-2019, 04:51 PM
The biggest issue for me with the ‘foul’ is not once does he hand signal for a foul. He simply blows his whistle and wanders over, and then once he drops the ball he doesn’t whistle, he just allows play to go on, again no signal for free kick.

bigwheel
01-10-2019, 04:59 PM
According to Live Score he did the Spurs youth game this afternoon

Aaah. Makes more sense !

Sir David Gray
01-10-2019, 06:03 PM

It's a French referee in charge of that one tonight.

Golden Bear
01-10-2019, 07:03 PM
It's a French referee in charge of that one tonight.

Another classic from Hibs Net! Clancy ma erchie!

😁

Sylar
01-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Had a look for this last night. Don't have the exact quote, but it seems to have changed recently to say all officials are to assist the ref with decisions, where necessary. Something I read previously mentioned only in certain circumstances, but that seems to have been taken out and 4th official lumped in with the rest under Assistants.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Happened in the United vs Arsenal game last night too. Fourth official corrected the direction Friend gave a free kick when McTominay and Pepe came together.

I don’t think Clancy had anything approaching a good game on Saturday but not through any bias. They absolutely should have had 2 penalties, in addition to the missed red and debacle at the equaliser.

Smartie
01-10-2019, 07:35 PM
Interesting to see that Celtic heads have well and truly gone after the weekend, with (amongst other things) the General Secretary of the Celtic Supporters Association entering "open letter" territory and John James using photos of handshakes between Andy Halliday and Kevin Clancy to prove masonic conspiracy was behind Celtic's failure to get certain decisions at the weekend.

I mean - WTF?

Sir David Gray
01-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Interesting to see that Celtic heads have well and truly gone after the weekend, with (amongst other things) the General Secretary of the Celtic Supporters Association entering "open letter" territory and John James using photos of handshakes between Andy Halliday and Kevin Clancy to prove masonic conspiracy was behind Celtic's failure to get certain decisions at the weekend.

I mean - WTF?

I wonder how the failure to send off Ntcham fits into that theory?

marinello59
01-10-2019, 07:37 PM

I mean - WTF?

John James. Why did so many people take that internet gob***** seriously? :greengrin

Smartie
01-10-2019, 07:44 PM
John James. Why did so many people take that internet gob***** seriously? :greengrin

He started off ok I thought, then has managed to get progressively more bonkers over time.

If I didn't hate them so much myself, I'd quite like to see what a Sevco league win would do to him and so many other like-minded muppets.

Jones28
01-10-2019, 07:44 PM

I mean - WTF?

Jesus, we are truly down the rabbit hole 😂

Hibby70
01-10-2019, 07:50 PM
If I didn't hate them so much myself, I'd quite like to see what a Sevco league win would do to him and so many other like-minded muppets.

I know what you mean. Then you realise it's the Huns we are talking about. Would be funny seeing the Celtic fans faces though.

Jones28
01-10-2019, 07:55 PM
He started off ok I thought, then has managed to get progressively more bonkers over time.

This might be a bit controversial, but I actually wouldn’t mind seeing the Huns win it. A treble treble is absolutely embarrassing for Scottish football. And I’d love to see Celtic fans faces if they lost out. Imagine a helicopter Sunday situation but playing Celtic at Easter road and lost the title. Oh that would be wonderful.

greenlex
01-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Another classic from Hibs Net! Clancy ma erchie!

��
Don’t think there’s any need. Explanation for the confusion directly above your post. Did you miss it?

Smartie
01-10-2019, 08:01 PM
This might be a bit controversial, but I actually wouldn’t mind seeing the Huns win it. A treble treble is absolutely embarrassing for Scottish football. And I’d love to see Celtic fans faces if they lost out. Imagine a helicopter Sunday situation but playing Celtic at Easter road and lost the title. Oh that would be wonderful.

I know what you mean, but I suspect we'll both have a different opinion after our bluenose pals pay us our Christmas visit.

Jones28
01-10-2019, 08:07 PM
I know what you mean, but I suspect we'll both have a different opinion after our bluenose pals pay us our Christmas visit.

Absolutely. My disgust for them wanes when the other comes to Easter road.

Sir David Gray
01-10-2019, 10:18 PM
My ideal scenario is that a team outwith Glasgow (but not Hearts) somehow prevents Celtic from getting 10 in a row.

Sadly that'll never happen and the only team capable of stopping them is Sevco but you can dream.

Carheenlea
01-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Celtic or Rangers winning the league is all the same thing to me really.

Hibby70
01-10-2019, 10:35 PM
How about the Huns do it then go bust in the summer. Ideal scenario.

BlackSheep
03-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Clancy sidelined this weekend by the SFA according to the media... nothing written to say its directly due to mistakes made last week but he won't ref any matches in any Scottish games this weekend.

No doubt it will be glossed over as resting him after reffing the Spurs v Bayern U19s match midweek to save face.

Halmyre Hibee
03-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Sidelined for not giving Celtic 2 penalties rather than not sending Ntcham off I would imagine.

Keith_M
03-10-2019, 05:47 PM

What's embarrassing for Scottish Football is that for the last thirty four years, all league wins have been shared between two clubs.

Having another club called Rangers winning the league isn't gonna make it any less embarrassing.

JimBHibees
04-10-2019, 06:15 AM
Sidelined for not giving Celtic 2 penalties rather than not sending Ntcham off I would imagine.

Think Clancy chairs one of the ref committees so no doubt take him out the firing line for a week then normal service is resumed. Not often I agree with Levein but this article explains clearly the problem all top refs live in Glasgow area. 3 Edinburgh refs have reffed the Scottish cup final in 145 years. Basically institutional bias. Worth a read.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17451064.craig-levein-calls-for-even-spread-of-scottish-referees/

BlackSheep
04-10-2019, 11:35 AM
Think Clancy chairs one of the ref committees so no doubt take him out the firing line for a week then normal service is resumed. Not often I agree with Levein but this article explains clearly the problem all top refs live in Glasgow area. 3 Edinburgh refs have reffed the Scottish cup final in 145 years. Basically institutional bias. Worth a read.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17451064.craig-levein-calls-for-even-spread-of-scottish-referees/

Interesting article, especially the part where Levein outlines the wording of the retrospective action rule, where it no longer says an incident is reviewed if completely missed by the ref but now, most importantly, reads that if the ref misses an important aspect of an incident.... say hands to the face of an opposing player during a scuffle.... which should result red card.... like at the weekend with Ntcham!!!

Absolute joke the SFA are!

Hibbyradge
04-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Interesting article, especially the part where Levein outlines the wording of the retrospective action rule, where it no longer says an incident is reviewed if completely missed by the ref but now, most importantly, reads that if the ref misses an important aspect of an incident.... say hands to the face of an opposing player during a scuffle.... which should result red card.... like at the weekend with Ntcham!!!

Absolute joke the SFA are!

I don't think Clancy missed the hands on face. He deemed it not to be sufficiently violent as to warrant a red card.

Whether we, or the SFA, agree with that or not, retrospective action isn't appropriate.

BlackSheep
04-10-2019, 09:38 PM
I don't think Clancy missed the hands on face. He deemed it not to be sufficiently violent as to warrant a red card.

Whether we, or the SFA, agree with that or not, retrospective action isn't appropriate.

Can you send me a link to where his match report is please?

JimBHibees
05-10-2019, 06:36 AM

Agree he seen it and clearly bottled it no doubt based on strip the aggressor was wearing. Has he ever and I mean ever given us any sort of meaningful decision. He chairs one of the refereeing committees and Imo won't have been happy when Hecky said last season about knocking teeth out of 4th official who had sworn at him. Don't think we have had a decision since.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2019, 06:45 AM

If a referee fails to carry out his responsibilities then there should be repercussions.

A player would be dropped if he failed in his responsibilities, a manager would be sacked.

Why is action against a referee not appropriate?

Onion
05-10-2019, 06:56 AM

See no problem with that. Problem comes when a Hibs player does exact same thing to a Celtic player. We all know what Clancy's interpretation and action would have been.