PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT | GEORGE CRAIG

RSS Bot
27-09-2019, 03:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10318)

BlackSheep
27-09-2019, 03:40 PM
Jumped before he was pushed?

Brightside
27-09-2019, 03:41 PM
Good luck to him in the future.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Oh no, who's going to find our next Newell or Vela?

Pretty Boy
27-09-2019, 03:43 PM
It will be a shame if GC is remembered for our struggles this season.

I'm sure he's not without his faults but he's been hugely passionate about his job and played his part in rebuilding things after relegation.

All the best to him going forward.

hhibs
27-09-2019, 03:44 PM

Maybe,I do think more will follow out of door ,deservidly so, do not think Ron will hang around after reading the plans from department heads that they were given 90 days to prepare.............as alleged.

Heisenberg
27-09-2019, 03:46 PM

That was my first thought. Leaving right before an important January transfer window as well.

Torto7
27-09-2019, 03:47 PM
I wonder if Michael Stewart would be a good appointment?

Mikey
27-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Presumably Graeme Mathie steps up.

The_Horde
27-09-2019, 03:49 PM

Thought he was off to killie?

matty_f
27-09-2019, 03:49 PM

Isn't he being headhunted by Kilmarnock?

Mikey
27-09-2019, 03:53 PM

That was a few weeks ago and he's still here.

H18 SFR
27-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Heckingbottom getting his way to completely overhaul the setup.

Since452
27-09-2019, 03:57 PM
Can't fault the mans commitment and enthusiasm. Maybe a change of direction for the club under Ron sped it up a bit.

HoboHarry
27-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Can we not just wish the guy well instead of showing a desperate desire to portray him in a bad light?

Vault Boy
27-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the efforts George, clearly made a positive difference to our club.

Enjoy retirement.

Stuart93
27-09-2019, 04:04 PM
Heckingbottom getting his way to completely overhaul the setup.

Haha, hope that’s an attempt at fishing

Thanks for contributing towards the cup dode

stantonhibby
27-09-2019, 04:06 PM

Maybe offered the top job with us to stop him leaving?

Onceinawhile
27-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Helped build the squad that won the Scottish Cup. Probably more hits than misses.

Enjoy retirement

stokesmessiah
Guy has undoubtedly done a decent job. However, I don’t really buy the bit about the success in bringing through young local talent. Apart from Porto, who else has really made the step up in that time?

Carheenlea
He was always a very engaging man to listen to, and his passion for the job was always evident. On the couple of visits I’ve had to East Mains you left with a good understanding of the structure he desired for Hibs. Hopefully the right replacement can continue in that vein, perhaps see more influence in signings again that possibly has been diluted recently.

PH91
27-09-2019, 04:12 PM
It will be a shame if GC is remembered for our struggles this season.

I'm sure he's not without his faults but he's been hugely passionate about his job and played his part in rebuilding things after relegation.

All the best to him going forward.

Absolutely.

A man who would have been directly involved in recruiting 15 of the 18 cup final players.

Thank you.

Lago
27-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Can we not just wish the guy well instead of showing a desperate desire to portray him in a bad light?
It's the. Net way, if he has read any of the stuff on here over the last few weeks he probably just decided to go.

Smartie
27-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Guy has undoubtedly done a decent job. However, I don’t really buy the bit about the success in bringing through young local talent. Apart from Porto, who else has really made the step up in that time?

Porto has cracking potential.
Murray is a huge talent.
The 2 midfield boys ar Arbroath have seemingly got a lot going for them.
We seem to have taken a few players in their mid teens from other clubs and they all seem to be highly thought of - not sure if he was part of their acquisition.
If he's only been here 5 years, the benefits of his work are probably still to come.

2014 - 2019 has been an overwhelmingly successful spell for us so it can't really be spun that he is anything other than a success.

All the best George.

GloryGlory
27-09-2019, 04:18 PM
I wonder if Michael Stewart would be a good appointment?

I always had the feeling that developing young players from 10, 11, 12 years old upwards to first team level is where John Collins's strengths as a coach lie.

MWHIBBIES
27-09-2019, 04:23 PM
Contributed much more positive than negative. The signings we've made over the last 5 years have been so, so much better than the 5 years before that. Good luck to him.

we are hibs
27-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Be interesting to see who replaces him and who will do the head hunting for a new guy.

Zazu62
Anyone that helped us win that cup is alright in my book.

Billy Whizz

Graeme was in the Hibs end on Wednesday night

PaulSmith

Hope not and I’d question his credentials for the role. Can anyone sell my a reason why he would get the most important job at the club?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hfc rd
27-09-2019, 04:28 PM
All the best to him.

I remember him saying in the cup final dvd that him and Dempster had some wonderful ideas for this club. I’m intrigued to know what those wonderful ideas were/would have been?

MWHIBBIES
27-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Hope not and I’d question his credentials for the role. Can anyone sell my a reason why he would get the most important job at the club?

He is experienced at the club

hibbie02
27-09-2019, 04:33 PM
He's probably off after Hecky vetoed all his ideas to bring in a bunch of huddies. I would do the same in his position.

Eaststand
27-09-2019, 04:35 PM

Yep, I agree with you on that HH and wish George Craig all the best for the future

GGTTH

J-C
27-09-2019, 04:38 PM
Only met him once at EM and he's a right proper football guy, loves talking anything football related. I wonder if he's not enjoyed his job the last couple seasons, recruitment hasn't been getting utilized to it's best, Stubbs used it best but Lennon and now Heckingbottom have brought in many of their own players. I wonder if he sees his job being ignored by the managers.

Billy Whizz
27-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Yep, I agree with you on that HH and wish George Craig all the best for the future

GGTTH

He’ll like that. I wish him all the best too, he’s always had time to speak tome, and answer my emails

Peevemor
27-09-2019, 05:01 PM
At director level in any organisation, those who have the choice to retire often do when restructing/organisational changes are being made, even though they're not specifically targeted for the chop.

Old dogs, new tricks and all that...

Billy Whizz
27-09-2019, 05:06 PM
At director level in any organisation, those who have the choice to retire often do when restructing/organisational changes are being made, even though they're not specifically targeted for the chop.

Old dogs, new tricks and all that...

Was thinking that too. We don’t have a Football person on the board

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Good news. All the best GC and thanks for everything mate.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Wish George nothing but good luck in the future and thanks for all the positives.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

CraigHibee
27-09-2019, 05:15 PM
I personally feel he done a decent job, the signings ultimately fall to the managers final decision and there were rumours saying that heck signed his own guys rather than the guys recommended from the scouting team etc.

I remember visiting east mains in 2014 and he was very enthusiastic and gave a great chat about his role etc, i wish him all the best in his retirement

Hi Heid Yin
27-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Good luck and thank you, George.

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 05:23 PM
I personally feel he done a decent job, the signings ultimately fall to the managers final decision and there were rumours saying that heck signed his own guys rather than the guys recommended from the scouting team etc.

I remember visiting east mains in 2014 and he was very enthusiastic and gave a great chat about his role etc, i wish him all the best in his retirement

He won’t retire. Falkirk bound again.

Dmas
27-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Hope he enjoys his retirement, never met him, but I think he done his job very well been some cracking signings during his spell and some exciting times

All the best George.

BroxburnHibee
27-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Wish the guy well.

bingo70
27-09-2019, 05:48 PM
wouldn’t surprise me if he knows there’s recruitment about to happen for a new manager so he’s stepping aside (or pushed) now before he has to get involved in the process for finding a new guy to replace Heckingbottom.

That’s not a criticism of him getting Heckingbottom wrong, 2 out of 3 managers have been good and that’s a decent record but with Ron here now, maybe it’s just the right time for him to step aside before it becomes a problem. If he was to leave a few days after Heckingbottom that’d be pretty poor PR.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-09-2019, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the efforts George, clearly made a positive difference to our club.

Enjoy retirement.

Helping build a Cup winning squad from more or less scratch.

Ill leave that statement there for it to be shot down in flames - happy Friday.

again I ask what different constraints have the recruitment dept been operating under. Once you know that then perhaps you can confirm or revise perspectives.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-09-2019, 05:51 PM
wouldn’t surprise me if he knows there’s recruitment about to happen for a new manager so he’s stepping aside (or pushed) now before he has to get involved in the process for finding a new guy to replace Heckingbottom.

That’s not a criticism of him getting Heckingbottom wrong, 2 out of 3 managers have been good and that’s a decent record but with Ron here now, maybe it’s just the right time for him to step aside before it becomes a problem. If he was to leave a few days after Heckingbottom that’d be pretty poor PR.

Did he recommend choose Hecky? Genuine question I dunno.

PaulSmith
27-09-2019, 05:52 PM
He is experienced at the club

So does Tam and Joyce McCourt

bingo70
27-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Did he recommend choose Hecky? Genuine question I dunno.

Would have been involved in the process, no idea about anything further than that.

WhileTheChief..
27-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Yogi on Sportsound saying our academy has been crap for 5 years and that Porteous is the only one to emerge.

Fletcher was the last one and we sold him soon after Hughes was appointed. He’s not sounding bitter at all!

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Yogi on Sportsound saying our academy has been crap for 5 years and that Porteous is the only one to emerge.

Fletcher was the last one and we sold him soon after Hughes was appointed. He’s not sounding bitter at all!

I would be bitter too if I was Yogi in his dream job with all his players ripped away from him.

Fletcher, Stokes, Zemmama, Bamba replaced with no money at all.

beensaidbefore
27-09-2019, 06:06 PM

:aok:

percy veer
27-09-2019, 06:26 PM

Can you argue with him on that point?

eastmainsmsh
27-09-2019, 06:27 PM
is John Park available

bingo70
27-09-2019, 06:33 PM

Think Yogi has been doing work with the SFA, wonder if he could be a contender to replace him?

Sure people that take the piss out of him because of how he talks won’t be keen but I think someone with his experience and enthusiasm would be great to be around the young players coming through.

The Count
27-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Anybody who was in anyway part of the 2016 Cup Winning Team set up will never get critised by me.Good luck George.

27-09-2019, 06:41 PM
is John Park available

A stick on Graham Mathie gets the job.
We can but dream we could get someone like John Park back.

lucky
27-09-2019, 06:46 PM
He was always a very engaging man to listen to, and his passion for the job was always evident. On the couple of visits I’ve had to East Mains you left with a good understanding of the structure he desired for Hibs. Hopefully the right replacement can continue in that vein, perhaps see more influence in signings again that possibly has been diluted recently.

100% correct

HibbyAndy
27-09-2019, 06:46 PM

He's right though ?

Dmas
27-09-2019, 07:02 PM

Yup, not every player coming through will make it as a first team player for 10+ years or go on to bigger and better things but Hibs have given opportunities to a number of players over the years, handling, Stanton, Harris,Caldwell, L.Allan to name a few and we’re still doing it with shaw Mackie Murray Campbell etc getting chances.
Haven’t we also won the development league on a couple of occasions and the cup?
Just because we haven’t replicated this golden generation doesn’t mean the academy is failing or been p!sh for 5 years

madhatter
27-09-2019, 07:04 PM
He's right though ?

Sadly I think he is. Porteous is quite a bit ahead of anybody else I’ve seen and I don’t think that’s necessarily through the academy work, he just seems to be one of those lucky ones that stands out in a crowd. I may be wrong, we should have 2 each year viable for first team. Being honest most years we are just releasing almost all the over aged players.

Mackie and Murray won’t make it at this rate. Certainly not Mackie given his age. He should be near first team now, not away out on loan. Think this is make it or break it year for both of them.

Says it all that we’ve got 4 senior right backs...

MWHIBBIES
27-09-2019, 07:05 PM
He's right though ?

Na, definitely not..I'm quite happy of our academy just produces solid squad players like Shaw.

Murray, Shaw and Mackie all have potential to be good players for Hibs anyway. Yogi is a ****ing slaver.

scoopyboy
27-09-2019, 07:08 PM
I would be bitter too if I was Yogi in his dream job with all his players ripped away from him.

Fletcher, Stokes, Zemmama, Bamba replaced with no money at all.

Recruited poorly and had to go, can't remember too many folk defending him when he left.

B.H.F.C
27-09-2019, 07:09 PM
Na, definitely not..I'm quite happy of our academy just produces solid squad players like Shaw.

Murray, Shaw and Mackie all have potential to be good players for Hibs anyway. Yogi is a ****ing slaver.

Solid squad players like Murray, Shaw and Mackie?

One is out on loan. One can’t get in the squad (which I disagree with) and one has hardly made any contribution for 6 or 7 months.

The academy has to start producing more players who are capable of impacting the team regularly. None of those three are babies in football terms.

HibbyAndy
27-09-2019, 07:11 PM

Fraser Murray i really REALLY rate and i'm struggling to understand why he isn't getting a game , Every time i see this lad he makes a difference , Energy in spades , Likes a dig at goal and not shy in a tackle or 2.

Mackie ? Nah , No for me, Not been impressed with him when ever i have seen him play , Won't make it at Hibs imo..

Shaw burst on to the scene and their was definite promise there , He hasn't kicked on as i would have liked and i don't think he will make the grade

The return we are getting from East Mains is nothing short of pathetic considering how much we pump into it

All imo ofcourse

PatHead
27-09-2019, 07:12 PM
George was probably Leanne's best signing at a time the club was on its knees. Thanks for everything George and have a long and happy retirement.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Recruited poorly and had to go, can't remember too many folk defending him when he left.

Cant remember him getting any money, and had to rely on free transfers after the heart of his team was punted.

I suppose we did get a new training centre and stand out of it, but it was cost cutting like he had under his stewardship that eventually resulted in us being relegated in my opinion.

bingo70
27-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Cant remember him getting any money, and had to rely on free transfers after the heart of his team was punted.

I suppose we did get a new training centre and stand out of it, but it was cost cutting like he had under his stewardship that eventually resulted in us being relegated in my opinion.

Was Valdys Trakys signed to replace Stokes or am I getting my years mixed up?

WhileTheChief..
27-09-2019, 07:20 PM
He's right though ?

Aye, but is there any need to trample the guys reputation on the day he says he’s retiring?

Came across as a right welt.

HibbyAndy
27-09-2019, 07:23 PM
Aye, but is there any need to trample the guys reputation on the day he says he’s retiring?

Never listened to it so can't comment . I'm merely agreeing that the return we have had at youth level is nothing short of pathetic

percy veer
27-09-2019, 07:23 PM
Yup, not every player coming through will make it as a first team player for 10+ years or go on to bigger and better things but Hibs have given opportunities to a number of players over the years, handling, Stanton, Harris,Caldwell, L.Allan to name a few and we’re still doing it with shaw Mackie Murray Campbell etc getting chances.
Haven’t we also won the development league on a couple of occasions and the cup?
Just because we haven’t replicated this golden generation doesn’t mean the academy is failing or been p!sh for 5 years

5 years been more like 10, the youth set up is crap unless like you say it's there to give opportunities to players , I cant see many fans being happy with that, we need to bring players through who are good enough and can sell on.

MWHIBBIES
27-09-2019, 07:26 PM
So does Tam and Joyce McCourt

You asked for a reason, you got one :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
27-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Fraser Murray i really REALLY rate and i'm struggling to understand why he isn't getting a game , Every time i see this lad he makes a difference , Energy in spades , Likes a dig at goal and not shy in a tackle or 2.

Mackie ? Nah , No for me, Not been impressed with him when ever i have seen him play , Won't make it at Hibs imo..

Shaw burst on to the scene and their was definite promise there , He hasn't kicked on as i would have liked and i don't think he will make the grade

The return we are getting from East Mains is nothing short of pathetic considering how much we pump into it

All imo ofcourse

If Murray turns out to be a great player then the academy is worth it.

No idea what East mains has to do with anything?;

HibbyAndy
27-09-2019, 07:29 PM
If Murray turns out to be a great player then the academy is worth it.

No idea what East mains has to do with anything?;

Just me rambling on :greengrin

madhatter
27-09-2019, 07:34 PM

It was rotten before George Craig took over so it’s not really his reputation, it’s the clubs reputation more than anything. Hearts are still getting better youngsters than us, this is summed up by how many of our youth is made up by Hearts rejects. George Craig was responsible for improving this but in truth a lot of it is a team effort, Eddie May and all the youth coaches etc.

I still think we would be better placed having a club ethos. E.g. “we are a passing technical team mainly” so throughout the age groups we encourage and develop those traits with particular focus.

Our youth development is really poor.

I may be wrong but I think Ron will want his own man in this post. This is where the club can grow and unless I’m mistaken, he’s already indicated selling youth for millions etc. would be good return on indoor training centre.

WhileTheChief..
27-09-2019, 07:40 PM
I’ve said before that’s there’s an argument for scrapping the youth setup altogether.

Instead, divert all the funds towards poaching the best youngsters from other teams, kinda like what we did with John McGinn.

Sucks morally but might get better results.

27-09-2019, 07:41 PM

All imo ofcourse

Out of interest, how much do we pump into it?

madhatter
27-09-2019, 07:44 PM
I’ve said before that’s there’s an argument for scrapping the youth setup altogether.

Instead, divert all the funds towards poaching the best youngsters from other teams, kinda like what we did with John McGinn.

I’d hate it if the club did this. That could essentially lead to Celtic and Rangers picking up all talent in Edinburgh and every other club competing for the waste product of that process. I worry for Scottish football...

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 07:44 PM
is John Park available

Would be the best move the club could makeZ

Ozyhibby
27-09-2019, 07:45 PM
Met him a few times, nice guy who loved his job.
I think he has chosen this time because there are changes afoot anyway. I doubt it would have been part of a long term plan to retire mid way through a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 07:46 PM

We are millions of £ behind Celtic Rangers hearts and the sheep anyway when it comes to development.

What happened to the youth coach at Dundee Utd that brought through **** loads?

Jones28
27-09-2019, 07:49 PM

He’s bang on the money.

Look at our neighbours, Aberdeen and Motherwell.

J-C
27-09-2019, 07:50 PM
It was rotten before George Craig took over so it’s not really his reputation, it’s the clubs reputation more than anything. Hearts are still getting better youngsters than us, this is summed up by how many of our youth is made up by Hearts rejects. George Craig was responsible for improving this but in truth a lot of it is a team effort, Eddie May and all the youth coaches etc.

I still think we would be better placed having a club ethos. E.g. “we are a passing technical team mainly” so throughout the age groups we encourage and develop those traits with particular focus.

Our youth development is really poor.

I may be wrong but I think Ron will want his own man in this post. This is where the club can grow and unless I’m mistaken, he’s already indicated selling youth for millions etc. would be good return on indoor training centre.

This.

We've had 3 managers under the new regime, Stubbs tried to play a passing style and the players brought in complimented that, Lennon carried on mostly with Stubb's team but made a few mistakes when he lost the best midfield in the league. So far Heckingbottom has shown us absolutely nothing compared to the previous 2 managers, whether we play 3-5-2, 4-5-2, 4-3-3,4-4-2 there needs to be a definite style of play, one that epitomises what Hibernian football stands for.

Jones28
27-09-2019, 07:51 PM

I’m sure the figure for running costs was around £500,000 per year.

HibbyAndy
27-09-2019, 07:56 PM

About 450K a year

27-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Good luck George. Thanks for the part you played over the last 5 years, particularly the cup win.

DJ HIBBY
27-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Was Valdys Trakys signed to replace Stokes or am I getting my years mixed up?

Daryl Duffy then yogi broke his leg in training few weeks later

SquashedFrogg
27-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Played a huge part in McGinn signing. No one is immune to criticism, but he has undoubtedly improved us in his time here.

All the best GC.

rcarter1
27-09-2019, 09:11 PM
All the best George!
:aok:

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Done an excellent job. Much appreciated and all the best. :flag:

tonyrougier123
27-09-2019, 10:03 PM
Good luck to george in retirement,initially done a great job.
Was instrumental in helping build a team of legends,and helped hibs win the holy grail.

Unfortunately piecing together a team spl ready has proved tricky for the recruitment department,and the sentiment has to eventually go out the window,so that fresh eyes can start a new project.

The blueprint in place needs tweaked,but its certainly not a case of rip it up and start again.

Well done to the man for his achievements,I will remember the stubbs days til my last breath and george craig was hugely influential in all things hibs at that point.

We need players with quality wearing the jersey,and a gaffer who likes to win games.

I would more than happily devote my free time to hibs to help identify players.cracking job this guy had at our club.

Speedway
27-09-2019, 10:10 PM
Mathie to get the job according to the EEN.

Liberal Hibby
27-09-2019, 11:22 PM
Opportunity for Heckingbottom to use his football coaching qualifications and management speak as Director of Football (or whatever its called)? He may have the ability to be the guy who sets the standards and ethos while leaving someone else to do the actual implementation?

Onceinawhile
28-09-2019, 09:32 AM

Indeed. Look at Falkirk since they've done that 3 years ago. They're flying now.

WhileTheChief..
28-09-2019, 09:58 AM
I’d be surprised if Falkirk’s league positions recently are directly related to abandoning their youth system.

GreenCastle
28-09-2019, 10:10 AM
I understand people questioning the £ spent on youth set ups.

Falkirk preciously had several players who came through the Academy.

We haven’t produced many recently and questions do need to be asked why ? For me it’s staff and recruitment.

We should be striving to produce home grown players and getting them 1st team ready.

The difference is managers want the completed player and don’t s always allow youth time as their job is at stake.

Would be interesting to see a list of home grown players we have sold and the money they brought in against operating and staff costs etc at East Mains since it opened.

SlickShoes
28-09-2019, 10:19 AM
I understand people questioning the £ spent on youth set ups.

Falkirk preciously had several players who came through the Academy.

We haven’t produced many recently and questions do need to be asked why ? For me it’s staff and recruitment.

We should be striving to produce home grown players and getting them 1st team ready.

The difference is managers want the completed player and don’t s always allow youth time as their job is at stake.

Would be interesting to see a list of home grown players we have sold and the money they brought in against operating and staff costs etc at East Mains since it opened.

Like you said in modern football managers don't have the time to give youth a chance mostly.

If you get a string of bad results like we have now then you are out the door, how can you have a team of home grown youth players when you sack the manager every 6 months or so?

The whole culture of football needs to change to give youth a chance, but it won't so we will be stuck in the cycle we are in where everyone wants instant success

bingo70
13-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Sorry for digging up an old thread but I’m bored and can’t say I’ve any interest in discussing Scotland against San Marino.

No word yet on George Craig’s replacement, if we were promoting from within I’d have thought it would have happened by now?

Think it’s potentially quite a significant appointment, if we bring in someone from left field it might suggest Ron is starting to put a plan together, if it’s someone already at the club I’ll be a bit concerned it’ll just be more if the same, although I do realise that’s probably quite unfair on the likes of Mathie.

Anyone heard any rumours they’ve not bothered to pass on yet?

CMac1988
13-10-2019, 08:35 PM
Sorry for digging up an old thread but I’m bored and can’t say I’ve any interest in discussing Scotland against San Marino.

No word yet on George Craig’s replacement, if we were promoting from within I’d have thought it would have happened by now?

Think it’s potentially quite a significant appointment, if we bring in someone from left field it might suggest Ron is starting to put a plan together, if it’s someone already at the club I’ll be a bit concerned it’ll just be more if the same, although I do realise that’s probably quite unfair on the likes of Mathie.

I could be wrong as I've not kept up with the thread but wasn't it the case that Graeme Mathie was going to Motherwell but is still with us? I guess that possibly answers the question to his replacement.

bingo70
13-10-2019, 08:37 PM
I could be wrong as I've not kept up with the thread but wasn't it the case that Graeme Mathie was going to Motherwell but is still with us? I guess that possibly answers the question to his replacement.

It was rumoured Killie were interested but it was never any more than that so not sure it confirms anything.

If it was going to be Mathie would they not have just ironed out the details and announced it at the same time they let everyone know Craig was leaving?

I think the rumours of Mathie being promoted are people just putting 2 and 2 together.

Rocky
13-10-2019, 08:38 PM

My assumption is there'll be quite a lot of announcements at AGM. I've never been to one before but I'm going to try to get to this one.

Speedy
13-10-2019, 08:43 PM

I heard Mathie was getting it instead of going to Killie.

Very much not in the know so it could be nonsense.

IberianHibernian
13-10-2019, 10:15 PM
Don`t think the names make any difference here . How well player recruitment is ( in this case recruitment ) will often be judged on how well 2 or 3 players do in ther teens .

IberianHibernian
13-10-2019, 10:21 PM
With AGM coming up important thing is that club announce who is responsible for youth teams / recruitment at all levels / etc etc

Alex Trager
14-10-2019, 07:55 AM
With AGM coming up important thing is that club announce who is responsible for youth teams / recruitment at all levels / etc etc

Has the AGM been announced?

DarlingtonHibee
14-10-2019, 09:33 AM
Has the AGM been announced?

Not yet

B.H.F.C
14-10-2019, 09:38 PM
The Sun mentioning that the new Rangers DOF is ‘considering a move’ for Graeme Mathie.