PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BETFRED CUP SEMI-FINAL DETAILS CONFIRMED

RSS Bot
27-09-2019, 11:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10317)

we are hibs
27-09-2019, 11:03 AM
We wont sell the 17k but everyone who wants a ticket should get one. Quite like that kick off time too. Better than a 12:15 anyway

SideBurns
27-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Saturday! Ya dancer.

Pretty Boy
27-09-2019, 11:05 AM
I can't make it but the 5.30 kick off means I should be able to see it on TV now.

MB62
27-09-2019, 11:13 AM
We wont sell the 17k but everyone who wants a ticket should get one. Quite like that kick off time too. Better than a 12:15 anyway

And will no doubt mean large sections of those who do turn up, will be out their tree on the bevy long before kick-off time.

Berwickhibby
27-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Absolutely stupid.... because of work commitments I wont be able to go....another cock up by the people who run the game

Antifa Hibs
27-09-2019, 11:17 AM
And will no doubt mean large sections of those who do turn up, will be out their tree on the bevy long before kick-off time.

As they would've been anyway.....

Scotland has a bevvy problem we all know but we have had Friday night games and 5.30pm games previously were there has been no issues. The fact we won't sell out means you can move about and avoid the knobbers if need be

Mikey
27-09-2019, 11:21 AM
No concessions in the South stand?

Blaster
27-09-2019, 11:22 AM

Noticed that too. Mistake maybe?

DTS
5:30 on the Saturday night > early kick off Saturday or Sunday > 3pm Sunday. Happy with the kick off time, should improve atmosphere and also yes more of a a chance for a bevy but people will be steaming 12:30 or 5:30 either way

Diclonius
Curious that we've got the West Stand when we usually get the East, anyone know why this is the case? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Steven79
27-09-2019, 11:23 AM

They never do in the league cup for some reason.

I'm behind the goal as I'm not paying £30 for a 8 year old.

hibee-boys
27-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Absolutely stupid.... because of work commitments I wont be able to go....another cock up by the people who run the game

Did they not consult you first!

Steven79
27-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Curious that we've got the West Stand when we usually get the East, anyone know why this is the case? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Apparently Hearts have been allocated the East for some reason...

Mantis Toboggan
27-09-2019, 11:24 AM

Also true of a 3 pm kick off at hampden. And, if were being honest, a 12 pm.

hibbysam
27-09-2019, 11:25 AM

Perfect 👌🏽

MWHIBBIES

Indeed, you should've been consulted.

B.H.F.C

Because there is a Rangers end and a Celtic end and the rest of us do as we’re told.

Billy Whizz
27-09-2019, 11:26 AM

Just saw that, probably means the 12 year olds I take would be able to afford it

Dav1986
27-09-2019, 11:29 AM

Maybe let them know, they might rearrange it for you!:dunno:

we are hibs
27-09-2019, 11:29 AM

That might mean an improved atmosphere. Theres a noticeable difference between night games at ER when its a big game and an early kick off in terms of atmosphere.

HibeeHibernian4
27-09-2019, 11:33 AM

What time would've suited you?

Carheenlea
27-09-2019, 11:33 AM
South stand and behind the goals only for now? Piss poor and Hibs should have demanded half the north before selling the poorer seats behind the goals.

B.H.F.C
27-09-2019, 11:34 AM
South stand and behind the goals only for now? Piss poor and Hibs should have demanded half the north before selling the poorer seats behind the goals.

We can’t complain after last time.

Steven79
27-09-2019, 11:35 AM

They would have likely gone unsold so while I don't like it I can understand why.

I would prefer seats in the North compared to the South.

HibeeHibernian4
27-09-2019, 11:36 AM

This can't work because of how HAmpden is laid out.

Hibs can't get half of the North and South without getting half of the total allocation. Last time we did that we didn't come close to selling out.

So unless you are suggesting that a Celtic section should be sandwiched in between us behind the goals that isn't going to work.

.Sean.
27-09-2019, 11:38 AM
The fact that Hearts get the East stand - as they should, even though it’s by default - yet we get the West to accommodate Celtic in ‘their’ end is laughable.

A National Stadium with specific ends for club teams

Can the fans reps bring this up at board level, maybe Hibs could get a formal explanation as to why this is? I mean we all know the real reason but I’d love to hear how they spin it officially. It’s a ****ing joke

Dav1986
27-09-2019, 11:44 AM

Hibs can't get half of the North and South without getting half of the total allocation. Last time we did that we didn't come close to selling out.

So unless you are suggesting that a Celtic section should be sandwiched in between us behind the goals that isn't going to work.

Could we not have got the north stand and the west then and let celtic take the other half of the north, the east and all of the south?

Beefster
27-09-2019, 11:44 AM

I got a phone call asking me if that time was okay for me. Have you checked your voicemail?

Steven79
27-09-2019, 11:45 AM
The fact that Hearts get the East stand - as they should, even though it’s by default - yet we get the West to accommodate Celtic in ‘their’ end is laughable.

Can the fans reps bring this up at board level, maybe Hibs could get a formal explanation as to why this is? I mean we all know the real reason but I’d love to hear how they spin it officially. It’s a ****ing joke

They should as it's a joke!

Hearts fans with kids will need to walk past the "Rangers end" to and from Mount Florida going by train which just makes no sense.

Carheenlea
27-09-2019, 11:47 AM

It’s a national semi final at a neutral venue, and given our historical crowds at Hampden in the modern era I think we are entitled to try and sell an evenly split allocation. Be as well playing it at Celtic Park otherwise.

Sean1875
27-09-2019, 11:48 AM
Half 5 on a Saturday at Hampden, ya beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
27-09-2019, 11:52 AM
Delighted with that and plenty time in the boozer before!

Ringothedog
27-09-2019, 11:53 AM
The time of the game helps me, I would have struggled otherwise.

Sir David Gray
27-09-2019, 11:54 AM

I would like to echo these sentiments and would appreciate if the fans reps can get someone at Hibs to ask the SFA/SPFL why Rangers and Celtic have designated ends at the "neutral" national stadium.

I personally don't care where I sit but the fact that we have this situation to suit two clubs is an absolute disgrace.

I would like some answers, please.

Steven79
27-09-2019, 11:58 AM
I would like to echo these sentiments and would appreciate if the fans reps can get someone at Hibs to ask the SFA/SPFL why Rangers and Celtic have designated ends at the "neutral" national stadium.

I personally don't care where I sit but the fact that we have this situation to suit two clubs is an absolute disgrace.

I would like some answers, please.

In England they give the sides of Wembley based on location of the two teams playing at the ground.

It's one of the many reasons why I want a new national stadium.

Onceinawhile
27-09-2019, 12:04 PM

Hearts fans with kids will need to walk past the "Rangers end" to and from Mount Florida going by train which just makes no sense.

No they won't they'll be directed to Kings Park station instead which services the east end of Hampden

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2019, 12:05 PM
5:30 get in

Pretty Boy
27-09-2019, 12:06 PM

They'll all be meeting up for a 'sash bash' together anyway so it's probably quite convenient😂

Keith_M
27-09-2019, 12:07 PM
We wont sell the 17k but everyone who wants a ticket should get one.

Agreed, we'll probably have the same level of support as the last time we played them at Hampden.

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 12:15 PM
Super Saturday here we come.

WhileTheChief..
27-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Did they not consult you first!

I know right, crazy view to take.

How have the authorities cocked up?

I’m sure there will be people that work on a Saturday who can make the later kick off that would have missed 3pm.

Daydreamer
27-09-2019, 12:23 PM
If I remember correctly at the 4-2 semi final 2 years ago we just sold just over 11k for the Saturday lunch time kick off. After some of the apathy lately it might be a struggle to sell that again.

Billy Whizz
27-09-2019, 12:26 PM
If I remember correctly at the 4-2 semi final 2 years ago we just sold just over 11k for the Saturday lunch time kick off. After some of the apathy lately it might be a struggle to sell that again.

A wee win tomorrow could change that😄

Zazu62
27-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Tells it’s own story in Scottish football that Celtic and Rangers both have their own ‘ends’ at the national stadium

Daydreamer
27-09-2019, 12:33 PM
A wee win tomorrow could change that😄

Play Doidge and Kamberi up front together and we will :agree:

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 12:35 PM
Play Doidge and Kamberi up front together and we will :agree:

Vela to do a squigler and Doidge gets his Nishy moment?

Leith_Hibee
27-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Rubbish kick off time...I'm at a family doo on the Saturday night in Easter Road, you cannae make this **** up.

Swedish hibee
27-09-2019, 12:38 PM
You can't win on here! Folk hate early kick off, folk hate late kick off..

davhibby
27-09-2019, 12:45 PM

I’d say this kick off time is better than an early one for that. If the game was at 12 people just cram loads of drink in a short space of time

HibeeHibernian4
27-09-2019, 12:53 PM
Could we not have got the north stand and the west then and let celtic take the other half of the north, the east and all of the south?

I would prefer this, but we have hospitality in the South and board members to sit there.

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 12:55 PM
I got a phone call asking me if that time was okay for me. Have you checked your voicemail?

:not worth :greengrin

530 on a Saturday is as good as it gets for a live game IMO.

HibeeHibernian4
27-09-2019, 12:56 PM
It’s a national semi final at a neutral venue, and given our historical crowds at Hampden in the modern era I think we are entitled to try and sell an evenly split allocation. Be as well playing it at Celtic Park otherwise.

The only people you can blame for that are the SFA for their high ticket prices, and the fairweather element of our support who don't want to know unless it's a winnable semi final/final at Hampden.

We would never sell 24,000 (approx.) for a semi final at Hampden against Celtic.

Roxyhibee
27-09-2019, 12:57 PM
..going toe to toe with “The Hoops”..? - Don’t cuddle up to those grotesque magpies of other clubs’ histories and cultures ffs.!

Saint Hibee
27-09-2019, 12:59 PM
The time of the game helps me, I would have struggled otherwise.

Helps me, too. I could make an earlier kick off, but I'd struggle to watch it sober.

hibee_nation
27-09-2019, 01:35 PM
When Hampden had both ends open they wanted Rangers and Celtic to help pay for redevelopment costs. Rangers agreed to help Celtic kept the biscuit tin shut.
They could only afford to cover one end then, the West. From then on Rangers got the covered end caused they helped pay for it. So in truth there is a Rangers end.

ancient hibee
27-09-2019, 01:48 PM
There were Rangers and Celtic ends long before Hampden was being covered .

Steven79
27-09-2019, 01:54 PM
When Hampden had both ends open they wanted Rangers and Celtic to help pay for redevelopment costs. Rangers agreed to help Celtic kept the biscuit tin shut.
They could only afford to cover one end then, the West. From then on Rangers got the covered end caused they helped pay for it. So in truth there is a Rangers end.

So it's the same roof now?

Hibby70
27-09-2019, 02:18 PM
Going to see the Rifles in Edinburgh on the same evening. Pub it is. First Hampden visit I've missed for decades.

Having never watched Hibs in a pub up town - any suggestions?

Edit : my brother suggested one with sofas to hide behind.

HH81
27-09-2019, 02:20 PM
Might as well put them straight to general sale?

MikeyS
27-09-2019, 02:23 PM

Give them a call mate.....maybe they didnt realise you were working!

LancashireHibby
27-09-2019, 02:24 PM
Awful kick off from a personal point of view. No chance of a train home after the game so would have to pay Saturday night hotel prices, and even the train itself will cost a fortune because it can't be done with a day return. TV for me, it is.

In England they give the sides of Wembley based on location of the two teams playing at the ground.

It's one of the many reasons why I want a new national stadium.
They also, where possible, allocate the sides based on where their fans have been on previous visits for reasons of familiarity which is exactly the line, rightly or wrongly, the SFA would give when questioned.

Hermit Crab
27-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Saturday 17:30 kickoff. What could possibly go wrong?

staunchhibby
27-09-2019, 02:39 PM
What could possibly go right lol

percy veer
27-09-2019, 05:14 PM

Excellent and so they should be if that's their wish

B.H.F.C
27-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Cracking time. Much better than lunch time. Be a good day out.

Jones28
27-09-2019, 05:20 PM
The plus point is that we will get the church on the hill boozer, great pub.

percy veer
27-09-2019, 05:20 PM
You can't win on here! Folk hate early kick off, folk hate late kick off..

How did people cope when these semis were played at 19:45 on a wed

hibee_girl
27-09-2019, 05:23 PM
How did people cope when these semis were played at 19:45 on a wed

A lot of those weren’t at Hampden

G B Young
27-09-2019, 05:23 PM
We've probably been given too many tickets bearing in mind the last time we played them in the League Cup semi so hopefully they'll be sold in a way which will allow sections to be sold to Celtic fans in order to ensure as close to a full house as possible. Better atmosphere too if we can keep the 12k (my estimate) Hibs fans close together.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-09-2019, 05:27 PM
5 of us already booked up for a day out to Carlisle that day so, pub it is.

percy veer
27-09-2019, 05:29 PM

There was loads at hampden, I can only mind 2 semis not at hampden , st j twice at tynie

.Sean.
27-09-2019, 05:32 PM
Going to see the Rifles in Edinburgh on the same evening. Pub it is. First Hampden visit I've missed for decades.

Having never watched Hibs in a pub up town - any suggestions?

Edit : my brother suggested one with sofas to hide behind.
Also have tickets for the Rifles so having the same dilemma. Desperate to not miss the game but on the other hand I’ve had the tickets for a year, the Rifles are quality and I don’t want to let down my missus or my pals. Bonafide first world problem 😂

green&left
27-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Also have tickets for the Rifles so having the same dilemma. Desperate to not miss the game but on the other hand I’ve had the tickets for a year, the Rifles are quality and I don’t want to let down my missus or my pals. Bonafide first world problem 😂

If any your pals are looking I also have tickets likely to be up for sale! Gutting!

Joe6-2
27-09-2019, 09:31 PM
Because there is a Rangers end and a Celtic end and the rest of us do as we’re told.

This infuriates me

NAE NOOKIE
27-09-2019, 10:54 PM

Oh FFS here we go again :yawn:

I have missed 2, that's TWO of Hibs visits to Hampden since we beat Aberdeen in the 1979 Scottish cup semi final, I've lost count of how many times that is between the ages of 19 and nearly 60 years of age and I haven't seen so much as a single physical fight between pissed up folk … yes I've seen Hibs buses with windows panned in by Huns, yes I've seen the odd argument between Hibs fans, especially during the Falkirk miracle comeback semi … but that's been the extent of it and at every visit I've never been in the south stand. Time folk gave this over the top hysteria that comes up every time we visit bloody Hampden based on a few isolated incidents a bloomin' rest.

FWIW The kick off time is perfect for those of us who live outside of Edinburgh, I'm sick and tired of getting out of my bed at 6am to catch a supporters bus every time we have a 12:30 KO over there. Looking forward to making a day of it … mostly in the boozer :aok:

Onceinawhile
28-09-2019, 06:04 AM
FWIW The kick off time is perfect for those of us who live outside of Edinburgh, I'm sick and tired of getting out of my bed at 6am to catch a supporters bus every time we have a 12:30 KO over there. Looking forward to making a day of it … mostly in the boozer :aok:

Not for those with young kids, who won't get home until 10ish.

hibbysam
28-09-2019, 06:30 AM

I’d far rather have my kids home at 10pm than have to get them up at 7am. Nothing worse than a ratty bairn you’ve had to wake up.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2019, 06:39 AM

At least it's a Saturday though and not on a school night.

Gmack7
28-09-2019, 06:51 AM
as we can never get 3pm on a Saturday this is by far the best KO time we could have asked for

Onceinawhile
28-09-2019, 06:56 AM
I’d far rather have my kids home at 10pm than have to get them up at 7am. Nothing worse than a ratty bairn you’ve had to wake up.

My kids get up at 7 anyway! So they'll be ratty the next day.

hibee-boys
28-09-2019, 07:01 AM

Leave the kids at home if it's such an issue, no one is forced to take their kids!

Brightside
28-09-2019, 07:10 AM
The crowd will be full of drunks having their yearly hibs day out. Same as every other trip to Hampden.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-09-2019, 07:14 AM
The crowd will be full of drunks having their yearly hibs day out. Same as every other trip to Hampden.

I hope everyone enjoys their day out.

hibee-boys
28-09-2019, 07:14 AM

Yawn.

H18 SFR
28-09-2019, 07:17 AM

Probably for the first time ever at hampden I will be one of the said drunks. So will the wife. Babysitter already arranged - we are going for it big time.

hibee-boys
28-09-2019, 07:25 AM
'Full of drunks'...'too late a kick off'....'rangers/celtic ends'....'no concessions in the South' FFS people, I remember when a visit to Hampden was a rare occurence, obviously a few have started taking it for granted. I'll be there enjoying the day, having pre match drinks (hope that's ok!), enjoying a wee sing song fully expecting us to get hammered.

HFC93
28-09-2019, 07:28 AM

God forbid

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2019, 07:28 AM
TV for me this time, really can’t be ersed for a 5.30 KO off at Hampden.

Frazerbob
28-09-2019, 08:07 AM
Some of the moaning in this thread is pathetic. Maybe folk would rather we never got to semis or finals. Seems such an inconvenience after all.

Beefster
28-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Some of the moaning in this thread is pathetic. Maybe folk would rather we never got to semis or finals. Seems such an inconvenience after all.

If the final isn’t kicking off at 11am on a Tuesday, I might set myself on fire in protest.

Pretty Boy
28-09-2019, 08:14 AM
I'm gutted I'm missing this. Not least because it means I won't get a day out having a drink with my parents and a few friends.

The pre match drink is very much part of the semi final/final experience for a lot of people. The vast majority can both have a drink and still behave in a courteous manner. I'm sure there are examples or bams being bams but the way some folk go on you would think it's like a mass break out from Carstairs every time we go to Hampden. The same fisherman's tales happen when we go to Ibrox as well. Truth is nowadays Ibrox is a bit unpleasant, we arrive, they sing a few dodgy songs, the Police don't give a toss and then we leave. Some people go on like it's venturing into Syria in the middle of an air strike.

By all means complain if someone goes way over the score but it's a semi final. People are going to have drink, they are going to sing, they are going to moan and they will probably swear. Your bairns will have heard worse in the school playground.

HibbyAndy
28-09-2019, 08:22 AM
I'm gutted I'm missing this. Not least because it means I won't get a day out having a drink with my parents and a few friends.

The pre match drink is very much part of the semi final/final experience for a lot of people. The vast majority can both have a drink and still behave in a courteous manner. I'm sure there are examples or bams being bams but the way some folk go on you would think it's like a mass break out from Carstairs every time we go to Hampden. The same fisherman's tales happen when we go to Ibrox as well. Truth is nowadays Ibrox is a bit unpleasant, we arrive, they sing a few dodgy songs, the Police don't give a toss and then we leave. Some people go on like it's venturing into Syria in the middle of an air strike.

By all means complain if someone goes way over the score but it's a semi final. People are going to have drink, they are going to sing, they are going to moan and they will probably swear. Your bairns will have heard worse in the school playground.

Well said S :top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-09-2019, 08:38 AM

Amen.

HFC93
28-09-2019, 08:39 AM

This

Blaster
28-09-2019, 09:19 AM

Well said PB

Always try and have a good time beforehand with a few beers etc as no guarantee what the match itself will bring

CathroMustStay
28-09-2019, 09:52 AM

What a pathetic comment.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-09-2019, 10:33 AM
If the final isn’t kicking off at 11am on a Tuesday, I might set myself on fire in protest.

Might?
Poor commitment.
I'm going to do it there & then at full time in the semi if we win.

H18 SFR
28-09-2019, 05:03 PM
Bring on the semi, we are only going to get better over the course of the next 5 weeks.

Carheenlea
28-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Just goes to show that you can never rule out the chance of a memorable night. Nobody gave us a chance today, but we gave them a good game. Could very well get a pasting if Celtic are firing on all cylinders, but opting out on the chance that we can pull a surprise is not something I’d risk missing out on.

DH1875
28-09-2019, 05:12 PM
Hopefully today's result convinces a few more fans to turn out for this. 5.30 on a Saturday, can't wait :flag:

Phil MaGlass
28-09-2019, 05:17 PM
Crowd full o drunks, kids no gettin uame til 10 at nite, ffs havent we turned into a bunch of whiney, whingy greetin faced supporters, its a semi ffs.

Hermit Crab
28-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Hopefully today's result convinces a few more fans to turn out for this. 5.30 on a Saturday, can't wait :flag:

I'd hope we'd be able to shift our 1200 allocation for Aberdeen next week as well.

Since452
28-09-2019, 05:22 PM

Call the cops

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Call the cops

You're twisting my melon man 🎤

h1bs4life
28-09-2019, 06:16 PM
We normally go to the South but will be the West this time not because tickets cheaper and the old man can get a concession but remember semi in 2017 in the South we had these weegie ##### above us. Didn't realise they were there until they scored. Looking at distribution looks like the same again , don't fancy being possible sitting targets underneath them with kick off being Saturday 5:30

Hibeesforever
28-09-2019, 07:30 PM

Yes they were...ask Andy Goram when Hibs won that famous semi-final in 1991...a great night!

Jonny1875
28-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Anyone any idea when tickets will go on sale?

monktonharp
28-09-2019, 09:20 PM

Can the fans reps bring this up at board level, maybe Hibs could get a formal explanation as to why this is? I mean we all know the real reason but I’d love to hear how they spin it officially. It’s a ****ing jokeI have no problem with Celtic getting their "traditional" end. they are based nearer to that end, and it's like saying that the gorgie mob should not get an end close to them at mMurrayfield if we ever met them there. Besides, the Cathcart end is much more accessable imho when considering Pubs , Clubs, Chippies , Shops etc. The east end is far away from all of those things. the times we have been there over the years, there are virtually nae shops and hardly any pubs nearby. Also, you have to traipse through the grass, and pass dozens o' burger vans before you get to the ground. quite happy to be in the other end this time

monktonharp
28-09-2019, 09:27 PM
Awful kick off from a personal point of view. No chance of a train home after the game so would have to pay Saturday night hotel prices, and even the train itself will cost a fortune because it can't be done with a day return. TV for me, it is.

They also, where possible, allocate the sides based on where their fans have been on previous visits for reasons of familiarity which is exactly the line, rightly or wrongly, the SFA would give when questioned.I'm puzzled. you cant get home, after say, 8:30pm on a Saturday? you might be totally correct but are you basing this on an extra time /penalty situation? besides, my wife myself and daughter stayed in Glasgow last week on a Saturday after the Proclaimers show. Wisnae really expensive.

monktonharp
28-09-2019, 09:31 PM
The plus point is that we will get the church on the hill boozer, great pub.another plus point being, I will have an excuse to miss the Latin Mass at 10am that day in Newington as I' m off to Hampden.

monktonharp
28-09-2019, 09:39 PM
Not for those with young kids, who won't get home until 10ish.10 ish? where do you live, ? the isle o' skye?

monktonharp
28-09-2019, 09:46 PM
The crowd will be full of drunks having their yearly hibs day out. Same as every other trip to Hampden.don't get a ticket . you will be so worried or upset and on a downward spiral being amongst Hibernian fans letting their club down so badly.

SquashedFrogg
28-09-2019, 09:51 PM
10 ish? where do you live, ? the isle o' skye?

To be fair it'll be 9ish before I'm home in Livingston. East of the city would be nearer 10.

monktonharp
28-09-2019, 10:31 PM
To be fair it'll be 9ish before I'm home in Livingston. East of the city would be nearer 10.5;30 K.O. 90 mins, or possibly a full 180 mins? find bus/car travel to Livi. 9pm seems about right. if it is extra time etc. East End EDIN, half hour later or possibly 45 mins. we would expect to be in the pubs in Meadowbank and Porty around then

DH1875
30-09-2019, 02:25 AM
Any ideas when tickets will go on sale?

bingo70
30-09-2019, 05:58 AM
Sorry if this has been covered already but will Hibs.net be running busses again?

Pretty Boy
30-09-2019, 06:46 AM
Sorry if this has been covered already but will Hibs.net be running busses again?

At the moment it's looking doubtful.

I usually organise and run them but I'm away that weekend and won't make the game. Another couple are in the same boat and others already have alternative buses booked.

As an aside if anyone is looking for somewhere to book in before the game I'd be happy to pass on details of the cricket club we have used previously. It's a great space, can accommodate decent numbers, they are well organised and it's at the right end of the ground for us.

.Sean.
30-09-2019, 06:56 AM
You sound like great fun!

Pish comment and pretty patronising. Who cares if some folk like a drink? Get over yourself

Diclonius
30-09-2019, 07:00 AM
Remember when we didn't go once to Hampden between 2007 and 2012? Clearly some people have.

The Modfather
30-09-2019, 07:18 AM

You’ve had some negative replies to what I thought would be a generally accepted post. Folk having a drink before the game is fine, and I dare say I will too. However let’s not pretend that Hampden, Ibrox and Tynecastle doesn’t bring out the element of our support who can’t handle their drink or who try to drink themselves into a stupor. It’s a minority, but still sizeable and it’s a lottery whether you get stuck beside the drunk/coked up idiots who spoil it for those unlucky enough to be around them.

HH81
30-09-2019, 08:56 AM
I'm puzzled. you cant get home, after say, 8:30pm on a Saturday? you might be totally correct but are you basing this on an extra time /penalty situation? besides, my wife myself and daughter stayed in Glasgow last week on a Saturday after the Proclaimers show. Wisnae really expensive.

No trains south after the game. I was going to drive and stay in Carlisle but even then there is only a slow train to catch.

No chance of getting back to Yorkshire. Looking like a stay over in Glasgow and I'm sure you appreciate the nights accommodation would be only a small part of the cost.

Brightside
30-09-2019, 09:24 AM
You sound like great fun!

Pish comment and pretty patronising. Who cares if some folk like a drink? Get over yourself

I'm a big fan of having a few drinks before the games. Im not a big fan of people being so reeking they can hardly stand, pishing all over the toilets, and generally being ********s coz they can't handle their drink and think they have to drink into oblivion before the kick off. Each to their own though. I'd much rather have the game with an earlier kick off.

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 10:01 AM
I'm a big fan of having a few drinks before the games. Im not a big fan of people being so reeking they can hardly stand, pishing all over the toilets, and generally being ********s coz they can't handle their drink and think they have to drink into oblivion before the kick off. Each to their own though. I'd much rather have the game with an earlier kick off.

An earlier kick off has people going out there way to get utter smashed on anything they can find before kick off.

All the people that annoy you so much doing all the things you’ve highlighted happens regardless.

5pm kick off means it can be a good family day out before the match and more importantly means there will be a lot more tickets sold to people that struggle to get to Glasgow for midday from all over the UK.

Since452
30-09-2019, 11:10 AM

Bang on

Since452
30-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Think we might be surprised at how many we sell for this. Saturday's result, and more importantly fight, will definitely have changed a few minds. Hopefully we continue to improve on the lead up. It was almost a siege mentality that was created on Saturday. Exactly what we needed.

MWHIBBIES
30-09-2019, 11:13 AM
It's not people having a drink that is the problem, it's them behaving like absolute fannies when they do.

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 11:14 AM
It's not people having a drink that is the problem, it's them behaving like absolute fannies when they do.

10 people out of 15,000 isn’t that bad a stat tbh.

Steven79
30-09-2019, 12:56 PM
"If" we get to the final then the game will be on the 7th or 8th of December (Due to play Aberdeen at home on the 7th) while in midweek before that weekend our game is away to Ross County which is just the kind of game you want to have before a major final.

HibbyAndy
30-09-2019, 01:02 PM

Ack well every team in the world has them fannies , Best just to try enjoy your day and ignore them

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 01:04 PM
"If" we get to the final then the game will be on the 7th or 8th of December (Due to play Aberdeen at home on the 7th) while in midweek before that weekend our game is away to Ross County which is just the kind of game you want to have before a major final.

Rangers are up there right before their semi 👍

JimBHibees
30-09-2019, 03:29 PM

Final always on the Sunday.

MWHIBBIES
30-09-2019, 05:33 PM
10 people out of 15,000 isn’t that bad a stat tbh.Yeah, but like most stats its absolute rubbish. 10 per row usually.

Ack well every team in the world has them fannies , Best just to try enjoy your day and ignore them

Yeah, indeed. The pisshead day trippers usually disappear if we're struggling anyway. 2nd half of Falkirk semi was absolutely excellent.

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 06:46 PM
Yeah, but like most stats its absolute rubbish. 10 per row usually.

Yeah, indeed. The pisshead day trippers usually disappear if we're struggling anyway. 2nd half of Falkirk semi was absolutely excellent.

I think you’re deliberately wanting to have a go at the support now.

They usually disappear when we are struggling? Can you not remember the match after the Falkirk Semi in the final against Celtic where the whole support stayed until the end to applaud the team?

MWHIBBIES
30-09-2019, 06:49 PM
I think you’re deliberately wanting to have a go at the support now.

They usually disappear when we are struggling? Can you not remember the match after the Falkirk Semi in the final against Celtic where the whole support stayed until the end to applaud the team?

I'm really not, just the drunk idiots who appear at Hampden looking for fights.

Yeah, that is true. Support at Celtic final was really good.

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 07:03 PM

Sound mate 👍

DavieRoy
30-09-2019, 09:31 PM
When the game is on the Saturday, we moan if it is early and moan if it is late. It can’t be played at 3pm due to blackout rules and the league have sold a TV deal that says it will be live on TV.

Remember we played Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup Semi-Final in 2000 at 6.05pm on a Sunday evening. Imagine that nowadays!!

Antifa Hibs
01-10-2019, 08:06 AM

Av started my pre-match bevvying already and will fight anyone that try's stopping me

Keith_M
01-10-2019, 08:53 AM
Av started my pre-match bevvying already and will fight anyone that try's stopping me

M'on then!

HH81
02-10-2019, 11:33 AM
Time to get the tickets on sale now the better factor has returned?

Hermit Crab
02-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Time to get the tickets on sale now the better factor has returned?

AST holders got an email yesterday saying the as soon as they have more details regarding the sale of these the club will be in touch with us. Don't think it will be for a week or two before we see these going on sale.