PDA

View Full Version : Murrayfield

Hibees1973
26-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Would love to see the Hibs v Celtic Semi-Final moved to Murrayfield. The SFA helped out Hearts last year.

Know the both semi finals are scheduled for 2/3 November but I can see one of the Glasgow uglies being unhappy if they allocated the Sunday game. Both of them have Europa League games on Thursday 7 Nov so one of them will have one day less rest.

A solution would be to play both games on the Saturday 2 Nov. Rangers v Hearts 12:30 at Hampden.
Hibs v Celtic 5:30 under the lights at Murrayfield.

Anyone else for this?

Nicho87
26-09-2019, 08:38 PM
If it’s logical and appealing it won’t happen

darwenhibby
26-09-2019, 08:40 PM
No last train south on a Saturday is 6.50pm
Hampden please

John Plunkett
26-09-2019, 08:40 PM
There is a 10k race in Edinburgh on Sunday 3rd November which finishes at Murrayfield Stadium.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 08:41 PM
Hampden was just bought outright for football in this country. It was stressed that Murrayfield the last time was going to be a one off. We will sell at the very max 15,000 tickets, why would they move the game to the home of egg chasing?

SideBurns
26-09-2019, 09:09 PM
Would love to see the Hibs v Celtic Semi-Final moved to Murrayfield. The SFA helped out Hearts last year.

Know the both semi finals are scheduled for 2/3 November but I can see one of the Glasgow uglies being unhappy if they allocated the Sunday game. Both of them have Europa League games on Thursday 7 Nov so one of them will have one day less rest.

A solution would be to play both games on the Saturday 2 Nov. Rangers v Hearts 12:30 at Hampden.

Anyone else for this?

I would definitely be up for it, but can't see it happening. Sure the only reason the Jambos semi last year was moved was because both games were on the Sunday, and their match was going to be in the evening, a couple of hours after the Huns had played.

Madness on several levels.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2019, 09:15 PM
There's no chance of either game being played anywhere other than Hampden.

FilipinoHibs
27-09-2019, 03:02 AM
Playing at Murrayfield would take a little of their advantage away too.

Sir David Gray
27-09-2019, 05:23 AM
Playing at Murrayfield would take a little of their advantage away too.

Only if we kept the rugby posts up.

DH1875
27-09-2019, 08:48 AM
They'd probably play the other semi there.

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 08:54 AM

:greengrin

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 08:55 AM
They'd probably play the other semi there.

And face the backlash from the moaning faced huns with all the agendas in the world out to stop them? No chance.

Brightside
27-09-2019, 10:07 AM
It’s a rugby ground. No thanks.

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 10:59 AM
It’s a rugby ground. No thanks.

But much better than the shambles that is Hampden. Was at the Liverpool Napoli game and it was night and day from Hampden in terms of comfort, views of the pitch and also getting away after the game.

we are hibs
27-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Hampden is an absolute ****hole and a red face of a national stadium thats before we get into the fact its not even in the capital and in a 2nd rate city.

FilipinoHibs
27-09-2019, 11:11 AM

:)

Frazerbob
27-09-2019, 02:02 PM
Do we really need the Hampden v Murrayfield debate every time we get to a semi or final? Hampden is the football stadium and will host the semis or finals bar exceptional circumstances.

Since we are though 😂........for all it’s many faults, Hampden is the home of football in Scotland. I still get goosebumps in the approach to the stadium be it for Hibs or Scotland games. I don’t get the same feeling at Murrayfield

RoYO!
27-09-2019, 02:18 PM
I’d love to go to murrayfield to watch this.

Hampden should have been bulldozed and in the years that that’s happening the national team should have gone on tour/ play games at murrayfield. It’s simply not fit for purpose.

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 02:31 PM
I’d love to go to murrayfield to watch this.

Hampden should have been bulldozed and in the years that that’s happening the national team should have gone on tour/ play games at murrayfield. It’s simply not fit for purpose.

You definitely have a point but the game just paid **** loads to buy Hampden. They’re no going to leave games and take them to the Murrayfield they bumped right after it.

Cataplana
27-09-2019, 02:37 PM

Anyone else for this?

I don't think the old firm will be welcome back at Murray field any time soon.

Waxy
27-09-2019, 03:30 PM
The final should be at Murrayfield.

Paisley Hibby
27-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Do we really need the Hampden v Murrayfield debate every time we get to a semi or final? Hampden is the football stadium and will host the semis or finals bar exceptional circumstances.

Since we are though 😂........for all it’s many faults, Hampden is the home of football in Scotland. I still get goosebumps in the approach to the stadium be it for Hibs or Scotland games. I don’t get the same feeling at Murrayfield

How can Hampden be the national football stadium when it has a Rangers end and a Celtic end? Ridiculous.

hfc rd
27-09-2019, 04:35 PM
How can Hampden be the national football stadium when it has a Rangers end and a Celtic end? Ridiculous.

This is something I find crazy too. Rangers always get the west end of Hampden and Celtic the east.

I wonder if Murrayfield was selected for the football (which I wish it was) instead of the dump that is Hampden, would both Celtic & Rangers be guaranteed a section of the ground every time and all other clubs would need to work round that?

Frazerbob
27-09-2019, 06:01 PM

There’s an East Stand and a West Stand AFAIK. I hate when folk call the the Celtic & Rangers Ends. If you do the stadium tour they tell you the OF get allocated the particular sides due to geography. I challenged the guide by asking why Celtic still get the East side when they play teams from further east.....I got a shrug of the shoulder. I agree it’s wrong but they’d probably get the same if MF became the national stadium (which it won’t).

BoomtownHibees
27-09-2019, 07:08 PM

You maybe would get the same “goosebumps” if Hibs or Scotland were playing football there 🤷🏻*♂️

Frazerbob
28-09-2019, 07:28 AM
You maybe would get the same “goosebumps” if Hibs or Scotland were playing football there 🤷🏻*♂️

I’ve seen Hibs there and Scotland dozens of times (ok, at rugby). Had some great times there and love it (both old and new) but is not the home of Scottish football. When you look back at the old footage of cup finals & Scotland games at Hampden, it’s a special place for me.

Paisley Hibby
28-09-2019, 07:41 AM
There’s an East Stand and a West Stand AFAIK. I hate when folk call the the Celtic & Rangers Ends. If you do the stadium tour they tell you the OF get allocated the particular sides due to geography. I challenged the guide by asking why Celtic still get the East side when they play teams from further east.....I got a shrug of the shoulder. I agree it’s wrong but they’d probably get the same if MF became the national stadium (which it won’t).

OK so not actually named as such but certainly reserved for them and that was my point. I'm glad you agree it's wrong.

Superfurry72
28-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Hampden is an absolute ****hole and a red face of a national stadium thats before we get into the fact its not even in the capital and in a 2nd rate city.

You’re right about Hampden, it is a dump. But Glasgow a second-rate city? I stay here and although it has its obvious faults, it’s a great place to live.

bigwheel
28-09-2019, 08:10 AM
You’re right about Hampden, it is a dump. But Glasgow a second-rate city? I stay here and although it has its obvious faults, it’s a great place to live.

Love Glasgow - don’t live there, but great city ..superb bars, food, culture, music scene ...

Also in terms Of the game...the fact we are at the right end of the ground for the pre match pubs should make this trip a decent day out

Jones28
28-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Can we have a Hampden mega thread? Seeing as we are so regular.

Since452
28-09-2019, 08:27 AM
Celtic don't have their own end at Murrayfield though

Pretty Boy
28-09-2019, 08:35 AM
Hampden needs redeveloped.

It's the national football stadium though and as such semi finals and finals should be played there. As someone said above I still get a wee spring in my step approaching Hampden that you just can't replicate.

There's a lot of rose tinted glasses about Murrayfield as well. It's a better stadium than Hampden but it's still far from a great football stadium. In the football set up you are miles from the pitch on 3 sides, it feels a bit disjointed and some of the lower tier areas are far from a great view.

Superfurry72
28-09-2019, 08:46 AM
Love Glasgow - don’t live there, but great city ..superb bars, food, culture, music scene ...

Also in terms Of the game...the fact we are at the right end of the ground for the pre match pubs should make this trip a decent day out

I live about 5 mins from that end of the ground so happy days 😀

bigwheel
28-09-2019, 08:46 AM
I live about 5 mins from that end of the ground so happy days [emoji3]

Result [emoji2][emoji106]

Keith_M
28-09-2019, 09:02 AM
.....for all it’s many faults, Hampden is the home of football in Scotland. I still get goosebumps in the approach to the stadium be it for Hibs or Scotland games. I don’t get the same feeling at Murrayfield

How many Semi-Finals and Finals involving Hibs have you attended at Murrayfield?

:hmmm: