PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: DEVELOPMENT SQUAD HEADING FOR EASTER ROAD!

RSS Bot
26-09-2019, 08:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10316)

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 08:14 PM
£8 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

CMurdoch
26-09-2019, 09:52 PM
£8 ��������������

It is ridiculous.
If they want to fund the development and womens team they should add £20 onto the season ticket price which should then give supporters access to all first team, development and womens games. That would give both the development and womens teams £130k a season each and they would benefit from far higher supporter numbers at matches than they presently have. Win, win.
£8 a match, my arse!

Sammy7nil
26-09-2019, 10:00 PM
£8 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Seriously WTF are Hibs really that skint

Nakedmanoncrack
27-09-2019, 05:03 AM
£8 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ridiculous, who can possibly think this is appropriate pricing? Ticket sales will probably be in single figures for this one.

GreenCastle
27-09-2019, 07:17 AM
One for the fans rep..

£8 ?!!

How can they justify this ?

Even the recent women’s champions league game was over priced.

500miles
27-09-2019, 07:33 AM
Cost of opening up and stewarding.

Fair enough. I'll spend more in 90 minutes at the pub.

Golden Bear
27-09-2019, 08:04 AM
This game will be "an extra" for Easter Road which means that extra income is required to meet the costs. I don't know what the admission prices are for the likes of the Second Division but I'd guess supporters of Clubs in these leagues will pay something similar.

brog
27-09-2019, 09:12 AM
So what would have been the correct price? £5 perhaps? So we have outrage over the £3 difference, less than the price of a very cheap pint. As others have said there will be costs associated with opening ER for this game.
On a different note,how does the Reserve Cup work? I'm assuming it's in groups given we've won 1 & have 3 scheduled.

Billy Whizz
27-09-2019, 09:53 AM
So what would have been the correct price? £5 perhaps? So we have outrage over the £3 difference, less than the price of a very cheap pint. As others have said there will be costs associated with opening ER for this game.
On a different note,how does the Reserve Cup work? I'm assuming it's in groups given we've won 1 & have 3 scheduled.

Think the group winners, and best runners up qualify for the semi final

Hibby Bairn
27-09-2019, 10:19 AM
It is ridiculous.
If they want to fund the development and womens team they should add £20 onto the season ticket price which should then give supporters access to all first team, development and womens games. That would give both the development and womens teams £130k a season each and they would benefit from far higher supporter numbers at matches than they presently have. Win, win.
£8 a match, my arse!

That is a very good idea.

Golden Bear
27-09-2019, 12:49 PM
It is ridiculous.
£8 a match, my arse!

Your proposed £20 might be a good idea but it should be an optional choice.

CMurdoch
27-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Your proposed £20 might be a good idea but it should be an optional choice.

If it was optional most would opt out which would defeat the object of funding the Development & Women's teams whilst driving up supporter numbers for both teams.
Even an extra tenner (2 pints) on a season ticket would give each team £65k a season.

Other benefits of such funding
The club would not have to fund the development team to the same extent so more cash for the 1st team.
The players would get used to playing matches in front of a 600 fans instead of 6 which would aid their development.
Females of all ages are a growing and increasingly important part of a football clubs support and generally they are more community and equality minded than their male counterparts. Supporting the ladies team in this small way ould help to draw females to support Hibs rather than the alternative team across the city. You should also realise that Football clubs are now inclusive to tap into untapped markets not just to be PC. The male market is pretty much saturated with most male football fans already having strong allegiances.

The_Horde
27-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Still trying to claw back that Sponsorship money aye?

brog
27-09-2019, 02:56 PM
It is ridiculous.
£8 a match, my arse!

It's a good idea but unfortunately there would be just as many who object to paying the £20

Golden Bear
27-09-2019, 03:07 PM
If it was optional most would opt out which would defeat the object of funding the Development & Women's teams whilst driving up supporter numbers for both teams.
Even an extra tenner (2 pints) on a season ticket would give each team £65k a season.

Alternatively the extra £20 might just be enough to dissuade some existing season ticket holders from renewing and then there are no winners.

GonzoReturns
27-09-2019, 03:31 PM

Exactly assume this is also part of the wider development of the young players give them the experience of playing at Easter Road. Might have been better priced at £5 across the board kids and adults. Will there be any food/drink outlets open?!?

brog
27-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Think the group winners, and best runners up qualify for the semi final

Thanks!

Sammy7nil
27-09-2019, 04:13 PM

Cost of stewarding really how many do they need at £9 an hour?
As for the difference between £8 and £5 if everything was to rise by 60% on your spend see how far your money goes.