PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Hibs

Percy Vere
26-09-2019, 07:54 PM
I’ve heard that Ladies Hibs don’t get paid and don’t even get expenses to cover going to play. Seems a bit shabby or have I heard wrong?

Colr
26-09-2019, 07:55 PM
I’ve heard that Ladies Hibs don’t get paid and don’t even get expenses to cover going to play. Seems a bit shabby or have I heard wrong?

Or contracts!!

I agree that it’s shabby!!

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2019, 07:56 PM
:tee hee::worms:

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Any chance of a Hibs ladies sub board or something?

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 08:08 PM

Slave labour.

southsider
26-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Slave labour.

No it’s not the girls are amateur and play for the love of our club and off the game. Amazing. Well done girls.

The dalmeny
26-09-2019, 08:19 PM

Find it hard to believe they dont get expense

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 08:34 PM
No it’s not the girls are amateur and play for the love of our club and off the game. Amazing. Well done girls.

I was kidding 😉

ekhibee
26-09-2019, 08:41 PM
I'd heard ages ago that they get virtually nothing from Hibs, I wasn't sure if that was still the case though. The game is professional in England, maybe that's why most of the better Scottish players seem to be down there. I agree with the opening post that it is really shabby if Hibs don't give them anything as they fly the flag for the club with pride, have won numerous cup competitions and won the league a few times as well, and have played in the Champions League. In return they get to march round ER at half time a couple of times a season.

Folk will disagree with me but I just think they deserve more than that. that's just my opinion though.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 08:43 PM
I'd heard ages ago that they get virtually nothing from Hibs, I wasn't sure if that was still the case though. The game is professional in England, maybe that's why most of the better Scottish players seem to be down there. I agree with the opening post that it is really shabby if Hibs don't give them anything as they fly the flag for the club with pride, have won numerous cup competitions and won the league a few times as well, and have played in the Champions League. In return they get to march round ER at half time a couple of times a season.

Folk will disagree with me but I just think they deserve more than that. that's just my opinion though.

I think Celtic and Rangers are now offering the girls more than we are and I’ve heard they will end up taking over the ladies league with Hearts who are also investing heavily. Hibs ladies are linked to the community foundation (I think) and not the football club.

ekhibee
26-09-2019, 08:48 PM
I think Celtic and Rangers are now offering the girls more than we are and I’ve heard they will end up taking over the ladies league with Hearts who are also investing heavily. Hibs ladies are linked to the community foundation (I think) and not the football club.

Really? I didn't know that, thanks for filling me in mate. We just beat Celtic 3-0 last week didn't we? And we beat Hearts 7-0 the week before? Sure I read something somewhere.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 08:49 PM
Really? I didn't know that, thanks for filling me in mate. We just beat Celtic 3-0 last week didn't we? And we beat Hearts 7-0 the week before? Sure I read something somewhere.

Yeah, they are in their first couple of seasons (again I think)

I’ve been known to talk utter ***** so please don’t take my word for it mate.

Percy Vere
27-09-2019, 07:42 AM

I agree. I think they should get expenses. I believe they did get travel and accommodations in the Champions League, but nothing else.
Being amateur is not an excuse for not supporting the team with expenses to ensure they are not out of pocket on match days.

Brightside
27-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Any chance of a Hibs ladies sub board or something?

Yep much better having the main board full of 20 threads that are exactly the same.

Brightside
27-09-2019, 08:00 AM
Yeah, they are in their first couple of seasons (again I think)

I’ve been known to talk utter ***** so please don’t take my word for it mate.

They have been going for years.... Hearts were relegated.

Brightside
27-09-2019, 08:01 AM
Hibs ladies earned £70k for their euro adventure. Im sure that will all go to the team. :wink:

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 08:18 AM
Yep much better having the main board full of 20 threads that are exactly the same.

Chill I was kidding.

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 08:18 AM
They have been going for years.... Hearts were relegated.

Haven’t they just been officially connected to the football club with a significant investment in them?

1875-Hibernia
27-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Celtic and (The?) Rangers starting to pay women footballers. Albeit the contracts are shabby at least it’s something.

I can’t help but feel the Glasgow two will dominate women’s football as they pull away from rest of Scotland. Meanwhile every other nation is already pulling away from Scotland with players moving down south for a living. Football really is in crisis here at all levels and genders.

Brightside
27-09-2019, 08:34 AM
Haven’t they just been officially connected to the football club with a significant investment in them?

They have only just announced the investment. Always been a loose link to the club just like Hibs. Rangers have been going for years also but again have now got direct budget from the club, and employ dozens of full time staff.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2019, 08:35 AM
Any money directed away from the only reason i support Hibs, towards the women's team will result in less money for the mens team.

The ladies team should be self sufficient, let them pay the players from the money they make through attendances and sponsorship.

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 08:35 AM
They have only just announced the investment. Always been a loose link to the club just like Hibs. Rangers have been going for years also but again have now got direct budget from the club, and employ dozens of full time staff.

Cool, thanks underscore.

Keith_M
27-09-2019, 08:50 AM
Slave labour.

Yep, it's modern day oppression.

Women should have equal pay with their male counterparts.

Brightside
27-09-2019, 09:14 AM
Any money directed away from the only reason i support Hibs, towards the women's team will result in less money for the mens team.

The ladies team should be self sufficient, let them pay the players from the money they make through attendances and sponsorship.

They aren't allowed sponsors.Off you go now. :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
27-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Im not a big fan of womens fitba,but, surely investing in Hibs ladies would raise the profile of the club as a whole, I almost spat oot ma cornflakes when they got a mention on the EBC after being knocked out of europe. Womens fitba is growing and will only get bigger, IMO Hibs should be getting behind them. Actually caught one of the games during the womens World Cup and thought the quality and intensity was good, it was also great to see little or no rolling aboot when tackled.

Brightside
27-09-2019, 09:21 AM
Gents - it would be nice if we can actually have a discussion about this stuff without it failing as ever into the the usual misogynistic bollocks that almost every thread on womens football does. Everyone knows loads of people arent interested in it or dont even like it. Thats fine. You dont have to keep telling us.

I like the idea of an optional amount added to the ST. This would have to provide direct funding to the womens team though, not to the Foundation. Lots has to change if its not going to be left behind.....in just the same way as the mens team is so often left behind. Hopefully an announcement soon.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2019, 09:21 AM
They aren't allowed sponsors.Off you go now. :greengrin

Good, one more for the mens team.:wink:

Bill Milne
27-09-2019, 09:22 AM
The ladies game up here is amateur and we have suffered due to players being poached by professional outfits elsewhere. It does strike me as suspicious, however, that Glasgow City players remain with them through thick and thin!! Seems like shamateurism to me, frankly!!!!

Brightside
27-09-2019, 09:29 AM
The ladies game up here is amateur and we have suffered due to players being poached by professional outfits elsewhere. It does strike me as suspicious, however, that Glasgow City players remain with them through thick and thin!! Seems like shamateurism to me, frankly!!!!

Glasgow City pay some of their players. Via sponsorship and grants.

easty
27-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Gents - it would be nice if we can actually have a discussion about this stuff without it failing as ever into the the usual misogynistic bollocks that almost every thread on womens football does. Everyone knows loads of people arent interested in it or dont even like it. Thats fine. You dont have to keep telling us.

I like the idea of an optional amount added to the ST. This would have to provide direct funding to the womens team though, not to the Foundation. Lots has to change if its not going to be left behind.....in just the same way as the mens team is so often left behind. Hopefully an announcement soon.

Wheres the misogynistic bollocks on this thread?

Do you actually want a discussion...or do you want the folk who don't want money diverted from the Hibs team to the womens team just not to say anything at all?

Personally, while I'd be happy for Hibs ladies to win, I'd also be happy for Hibs Yahtzee team to win, or Hibs basketball team to win. I don't want to fund them though. I also don't care if Rangers and Celtc and Hearts do fund theirs and pull ahead of us. Good for them. I'd rather all the money was spent improving the mens football team.

SunshineOnLeith
27-09-2019, 09:47 AM
We should do more for the ladies team but how much they do or don't get paid is a red herring.

Celtic made a big deal of their women's team going professional and they still scudded by Hibs and Glasgow City, because the best women footballers in Scotland don't want to go professional in Scotland. They want to play for one of the best two teams (Hibs or Glasgow) and then be free, as an amateur, to move to England, the USA or wherever and earn proper money when they get noticed.

Most of these girls are at college or in uni, they're not going to sign a full time professional contract for about 12 grand a year.

The Modfather
27-09-2019, 09:48 AM

I don’t think it helps to instantly label anyone not interested in women’s football or with an opinion on how much or how little financial support Hibs should give the ladies team as misogynistic. I’ve only seen one post say they aren’t interested but then go on to talk up the wider benefits of a successful woman’s team.

My own thoughts are I’d like to see the ladies team become independent. However, I wouldn’t see any reason why the ladies shouldn’t be supported with being able to use the training centre, and given free reign to grow commercially themselves e.g. sponsorship etc. I’d have reservations about money generated by the men’s team being used for the women’s team, but as mentioned many times. An optional add on to season tickets to give a donation/buy a ladies season ticket, with all money keep by the ladies team, surely satisfied everyone.

Brightside
27-09-2019, 10:00 AM
I don’t think it helps to instantly label anyone not interested in women’s football or with an opinion on how much or how little financial support Hibs should give the ladies team as misogynistic. I’ve only seen one post say they aren’t interested but then go on to talk up the wider benefits of a successful woman’s team.

My own thoughts are I’d like to see the ladies team become independent. However, I wouldn’t see any reason why the ladies shouldn’t be supported with being able to use the training centre, and given free reign to grow commercially themselves e.g. sponsorship etc. I’d have reservations about money generated by the men’s team being used for the women’s team, but as mentioned many times. An optional add on to season tickets to give a donation/buy a ladies season ticket, with all money keep by the ladies team, surely satisfied everyone.

So I’ve said it would be good if this thread stuck to a decent debate rather than threads in the past. I’m interested in what fans think can be done to make the women’s team more successful. As a side issue we are also losing junior players to the teams mentioned above. This isn’t just a first team issue. Again similar problem to the boys youth teams.

Brightside
27-09-2019, 10:01 AM
We should do more for the ladies team but how much they do or don't get paid is a red herring.

Celtic made a big deal of their women's team going professional and they still scudded by Hibs and Glasgow City, because the best women footballers in Scotland don't want to go professional in Scotland. They want to play for one of the best two teams (Hibs or Glasgow) and then be free, as an amateur, to move to England, the USA or wherever and earn proper money when they get noticed.

Most of these girls are at college or in uni, they're not going to sign a full time professional contract for about 12 grand a year.

Celtic and Rangers have only just started the investment. It won’t change overnight.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Wheres the misogynistic bollocks on this thread?

Do you actually want a discussion...or do you want the folk who don't want money diverted from the Hibs team to the womens team just not to say anything at all?

Personally, while I'd be happy for Hibs ladies to win, I'd also be happy for Hibs Yahtzee team to win, or Hibs basketball team to win. I don't want to fund them though. I also don't care if Rangers and Celtc and Hearts do fund theirs and pull ahead of us. Good for them. I'd rather all the money was spent improving the mens football team.

Well said, Women who play football need to do so like any other minority sport, fund it through their own efforts.

Putting the best team on the park every other Saturday should be the main object of our club, diverting ANY funds that can make this happen is getting away from our main object.

These box ticking exercises are getting right on my thrupnies, if i wanted to watch Hibs ladies, then i'd go and spend my money there, and would not expect a penny to go towards the mens team.

This is getting beyond a joke now, what is next, where will it stop?

Percy Vere
27-09-2019, 01:51 PM

Ladies Hibs represent Hibs and as such should get some support. It’s not going to break the bank and would reflect well on the club.

Percy Vere
27-09-2019, 01:54 PM

Fair enough point. But be nice to not be out of pocket going to train three times a week plus match days. That’s all I’m saying.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2019, 01:56 PM
Ladies Hibs represent Hibs and as such should get some support. It’s not going to break the bank and would reflect well on the club.

I get that, but as in the mens team, we will eventually find our level in the british game and have to fund it accordingly.

And clubs in Scotland who wont be involved wont be investing in it, and will have extra to invest in their mens team.

As i originally said, where does it stop, how much will it cost us to start competing and why should we want to compete, when we know competing WILL cost more and more.

Why should ANY of my money go towards it, can you answer me that?

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 02:40 PM

We’ve an indoor facility to build at East Mains. We had to send a player out on loan to afford a third right back in the squad. I don’t think there’s much there for paying them too, especially when they aren’t even part of the club.

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 02:41 PM
I get that, but as in the mens team, we will eventually find our level in the british game and have to fund it accordingly.

And clubs in Scotland who wont be involved wont be investing in it, and will have extra to invest in their mens team.

As i originally said, where does it stop, how much will it cost us to start competing and why should we want to compete, when we know competing WILL cost more and more.

Why should ANY of my money go towards it, can you answer me that?

The ladies team will make money if enough people go to watch them. If not then I’m not sure why the football club should subside this? Will it encourage the ladies side of the business to grow? They are doing amazing now and I don’t think they will ever do better, is it a worthwhile money making project?

Percy Vere
27-09-2019, 03:13 PM
The ladies team will make money if enough people go to watch them. If not then I’m not sure why the football club should subside this? Will it encourage the ladies side of the business to grow? They are doing amazing now and I don’t think they will ever do better, is it a worthwhile money making project?

Women’s football is undoubtedly growing in popularity. So to answer the question, yes I think it would be worthwhile.
I get the point about using money from men’s team. But do we not put money into youth and development squad, it doesn’t exclusively go into the first team.
For now I’m only suggesting supporting the expenses which in turn should allow the team to continue to attract quality players and grow.
As you say if the crowds expand and revenue increases, at some point the discussion on a pro team comes into effect.
Who knows, it’s nice to see a Hibs team do well.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Women’s football is undoubtedly growing in popularity. So to answer the question, yes I think it would be worthwhile.
I get the point about using money from men’s team. But do we not put money into youth and development squad, it doesn’t exclusively go into the first team.
For now I’m only suggesting supporting the expenses which in turn should allow the team to continue to attract quality players and grow.
As you say if the crowds expand and revenue increases, at some point the discussion on a pro team comes into effect.
Who knows, it’s nice to see a Hibs team do well.

Surely the hope there is we manage to nurture some of them through to the first team, that will never happen with the ladies.

ekhibee
27-09-2019, 03:51 PM

Totally agree.

wallpaperman
27-09-2019, 04:02 PM
There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where some people were totally against the idea of £100k a year being diverted to the ladies team.

I pointed out that £100k is roughly 1% of Hibs annual turnover, and I would have no objection to 1% being invested in the ladies set up.

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 04:05 PM
There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where some people were totally against the idea of £100k a year being diverted to the ladies team.

I pointed out that £100k is roughly 1% of Hibs annual turnover, and I would have no objection to 1% being invested in the ladies set up.

I would. Especially when we are struggling in about the fifth in Scotland to give players money already.

You want £100k put in, suggest to the fans reps you pay some extra to go towards that then, I would rather money goes towards the first team or developing players good enough for us.

wallpaperman
27-09-2019, 05:17 PM
I would. Especially when we are struggling in about the fifth in Scotland to give players money already.

You want £100k put in, suggest to the fans reps you pay some extra to go towards that then, I would rather money goes towards the first team or developing players good enough for us.

That’s fair enough, I know most probably agree with you.

As far as I am concerned, the ladies are another arm of Hibernian Football Club, same as the youth set up etc, therefore they deserve a small portion of income.

Eyrie
27-09-2019, 06:35 PM

Neither would I.

Yet there are those who would rather use that money to attract a male player who turns out not to be good enough, when the correct solution for the men's team is to be more successful with its signings rather than to throw more money at it.

SunshineOnLeith
28-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Fair enough point. But be nice to not be out of pocket going to train three times a week plus match days. That’s all I’m saying.

Completely agree with that. There should be, at the very least, a way of reimbursing reasonable expenses.

Percy Vere
28-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Completely agree with that. There should be, at the very least, a way of reimbursing reasonable expenses.

👍

Percy Vere
28-09-2019, 08:14 AM
That’s fair enough, I know most probably agree with you.

As far as I am concerned, the ladies are another arm of Hibernian Football Club, same as the youth set up etc, therefore they deserve a small portion of income.

Pretty much what I think. Hibs have traditionally been a forward thinking club, I feel this is an area we could be doing better.

hibby rae
28-09-2019, 08:36 AM
Neither would I.

Yet there are those who would rather use that money to attract a male player who turns out not to be good enough, when the correct solution for the men's team is to be more successful with its signings rather than to throw more money at it.

Yep, here's my opinion for one the arguments used ie. 'Don't want my money to go anywhere other than the men's team'. Aside from the fact I'm sure it already will in many ways, I'd rather my money doesn't go towards signing players like Doidge! But there we are.

The women's team have won the last 5 cup competitions and are in the semis of the Scottish. I really don't understand why people don't want to watch that, or see any support go towards it because the Hibs players in question are women and not men.

GonzoReturns
28-09-2019, 08:38 AM
Pretty much what I think. Hibs have traditionally been a forward thinking club, I feel this is an area we could be doing better.

👍👍

hibby rae
28-09-2019, 08:40 AM

We do the absolute bare minimum right now. Go on the Hibs website and look for info about the women's team. You'll struggle to find past results, upcoming fixtures, ticket prices etc. They even have every player is listed as having played zero games this season. Which shows how little effort Hibs put towards supporting the most successful team we currently have. It sends out a terrible message to our female support and girls who would love to play for Hibs.

easty
28-09-2019, 08:54 AM
We do the absolute bare minimum right now. Go on the Hibs website and look for info about the women's team. You'll struggle to find past results, upcoming fixtures, ticket prices etc. They even have every player is listed as having played zero games this season. Which shows how little effort Hibs put towards supporting the most successful team we currently have. It sends out a terrible message to our female support and girls who would love to play for Hibs.

Disagree with that completely.

I’ve no interest in the ladies team, but I always know what’s going on, through Hibs Instagram and Hibs Twitter. The ladies get plenty coverage on both.

easty
28-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Yep, here's my opinion for one the arguments used ie. 'Don't want my money to go anywhere other than the men's team'. Aside from the fact I'm sure it already will in many ways, I'd rather my money doesn't go towards signing players like Doidge! But there we are.

The women's team have won the last 5 cup competitions and are in the semis of the Scottish. I really don't understand why people don't want to watch that, or see any support go towards it because the Hibs players in question are women and not men.

Your argument for the first point is - I don’t want us to take a chance on signing a player, I’d rather we just gave the money to the ladies team, cos the player might end up not being good?

Keith_M
28-09-2019, 08:59 AM

The fact is, though, that they currently don't. That is why the Women's team is not currently professional.

When enough people show an interest, money will be generated and they will go professional.

It's simple economics.

hibby rae
28-09-2019, 09:01 AM
Disagree with that completely.

I’ve no interest in the ladies team, but I always know what’s going on, through Hibs Instagram and Hibs Twitter. The ladies get plenty coverage on both.

Sadly not. I'll give you an example. Last week Hibs Ladies played in the quarters of the Scottish Cup. Hibs social media only mentioned it the day before, with no kick off times, or info about location or pricing.

I went online and saw different websites carrying different kick off times and info contradicting each other for where the games were being played.

Not exactly easy forpeople to make plans to go to the games, take their kids etc. when the info is so lacking and there'svery little notice regarding when the games are being played.

hibby rae
28-09-2019, 09:06 AM
The fact is, though, that they currently don't. That is why the Women's team is not currently professional.

When enough people show an interest, money will be generated and they will go professional.

It's simple economics.

So Hibs should only be reactive in this and not proactive? I've pointed out how little Hibs do to promote the team.

Simple economics would also be to have your players on contracts, they aren't asking for parity with the men just a little something to show they are valued, so when they leave for big clubs in England (as I think 5 have in the last two seasons?), Hibs receieve fees for these players. They've been developed by us for years and then leave for nothing.

Forza Fred
28-09-2019, 09:40 AM
Can understand and respect the do/don’t give them money, opposing views.

However, I do think in coming years, the women’s game will grow in appeal.

A compromise for now surely is that a sponsorship scheme be run for the Ladies...those who want to contribute can, and those who do not want to, don’t.

Sound simplistic?

Perhaps, but just try and sponsor them!

hibby rae
28-09-2019, 09:57 AM

A compromise for now surely is that a sponsorship scheme be run for the Ladies...those who want to contribute can, and those who do not want to, don’t.

Sound simplistic?

It would be a step in the right direction at least.

Percy Vere
28-09-2019, 02:03 PM

That’s really bad, I agree.
Time for Hibs to get it together on this.

Percy Vere
28-09-2019, 02:09 PM
Surely the hope there is we manage to nurture some of them through to the first team, that will never happen with the ladies.

Absolutely. Just saying all of the money is not currently used on our first men’s team, it goes on other things. Just can’t see why a small portion shouldn’t be used to develop the ladies game at Hibs and cover their expenses.

Percy Vere
28-09-2019, 02:13 PM

Sound simplistic?

Good idea. Plus get the match info and results, match write ups and player profiles on the Hibs website.