PDA

View Full Version : Highlights from last night

hfc rd
26-09-2019, 02:15 PM
https://youtu.be/HL99w8OU9BQ

Didn’t look like we created anything at all in the 90 mins. Also Dicker should have been sent off as well when he runs over to barge Porteous to the floor.

Some very good pens though, particularly Newell’s. Good save from Maxwell to win it.

ekhibee
26-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Pretty dire stuff, but at least we're through.

California-Hibs
26-09-2019, 03:08 PM
https://youtu.be/HL99w8OU9BQ

Didn’t look like we created anything at all in the 90 mins. Also Dicker should have been sent off as well when he runs over to barge Porteous to the floor.

Some very good pens though, particularly Newell’s. Good save from Maxwell to win it.

Also bare in mind your watching it from a Killie upload page
There was a few other chances we created but yeah on the whole definitely need to be creating more

jeffers
26-09-2019, 03:13 PM
Was that challenge by Porteous any worse than Alston's on SJM ? And definitely not worse than Cochrane's. His foot looked like it barely left the ground in the challenge, if at all. Yellow for me, never a red.

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 03:18 PM
Was that challenge by Porteous any worse than Alston's on SJM ? And definitely not worse than Cochrane's. His foot looked like it barely left the ground in the challenge, if at all. Yellow for me, never a red.

Nowhere near as bad as Alstons kick on McGinn and not on the same planet as Cochranes.

McSwanky
26-09-2019, 03:22 PM
No way that's a straight red IMO.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Surely we can appeal with the money made from last night?

Sammy7nil
26-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Never red in a million years

Maxwell lucky the pen was not re-taken not as far of his line as the Dons keeper last year but defo off his line.

SaulGoodman
26-09-2019, 04:00 PM
That’s never a red

Billy Whizz
26-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Never red in a million years

Maxwell lucky the pen was not re-taken not as far of his line as the Dons keeper last year but defo off his line.

So was the Killie goalie for Oli’s penalty

Sammy7nil
26-09-2019, 04:23 PM

Never paid attention suppose I looked at the one that won us the game.

percy veer
26-09-2019, 04:46 PM

I agree, was listening on sports sound and the way they were talking in was expecting knee high studs showing, also they were screaming and I mean screaming to get vela sent off at one point , can anyone tell us if that was a bad challenge?

hibbysam
26-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Probably one of the softest red cards I’ve seen. Basically just runs across the back of him to stop him, id barely even call it a trip. Had he pushed him rather than caught his foot it would’ve been a yellow. Crazy!

cabbageandribs1875
26-09-2019, 05:17 PM
what was the number 8 Dicker doing running 20 yards to throw his chest in to porteous after the red card, Dicky Dicker

that was some miss from o'donnell right at the end of ET

Sammy7nil
26-09-2019, 05:52 PM
Heckingbottom says in his interview " no doubt it is a red card " so that rules out any appeal. I genuinely can't believe he thought or said that.

Jones28
26-09-2019, 06:16 PM
That’s a straight red? Ffs man.

Hibee Mac
26-09-2019, 06:25 PM
That is never a straight red in a million years. If Hecky has come out and said it is then he's a bigger muppet than I have him credit for, well done big man there goes our appeal.

Carheenlea
26-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Had no complaints last night with the red card - looked an easy decision for referee, but viewing the footage, it doesn’t look quite as bad. If there was a card in between a yellow and a red then that’s what it would have been.

SChibs
26-09-2019, 09:50 PM
I think it's a bad camera angle for the red card. He definitely kicked him because the player went absolutely flying. No complaints from me that he saw red. I think most at the game would agree with me.

jacomo
26-09-2019, 10:02 PM

Nope it’s a yellow.

I hope we are appealing that.

Sammy7nil
26-09-2019, 10:06 PM
I think it's a bad camera angle for the red card. He definitely kicked him because the player went absolutely flying. No complaints from me that he saw red. I think most at the game would agree with me.

The camera lies :confused: so Bucks Fizz lied :greengrin

monktonharp
26-09-2019, 10:09 PM
I think it's a bad camera angle for the red card. He definitely kicked him because the player went absolutely flying. No complaints from me that he saw red. I think most at the game would agree with me.:agree:I thought that early this morning and posted such. I still think the same, although I am unable to see the link for the highlights. my Son, saying by text that the "radio" was screaming for Newel to be sent off before that. we all know what the "radio" thinks about us.

CMurdoch
26-09-2019, 10:15 PM

Can't agree.
When Oli plants his non kicking foot beside the ball before kicking his penalty the Killie goalie is still on the line.
When the Killie player reaches the same point with his sudden death penalty miss Maxwell already has both feet off the line and is on the move.
Interestingly it looks like the penalty may not have even been between the posts had Maxwell not intervened.

P.S. Porteous just takes the guy out, cynical and correctly red carded. A bit stupid as Vela was covering the run.

CMurdoch
26-09-2019, 10:16 PM
:agree:I thought that early this morning and posted such. I still think the same, although I am unable to see the link for the highlights. my Son, saying by text that the "radio" was screaming for Newel to be sent off before that. we all know what the "radio" thinks about us.

Think it was Vela they thought should have gone

CMurdoch
26-09-2019, 10:22 PM
That is never a straight red in a million years. If Hecky has come out and said it is then he's a bigger muppet than I have him credit for, well done big man there goes our appeal.

No attempt to play the ball. Cynical & Red. Also a bit rash as Vela was covering the Killi players run.

Carheenlea
26-09-2019, 10:35 PM
The camera lies :confused: so Bucks Fizz lied :greengrin

The camera often does lie. I recall the game late last season in Perth when we were awarded a penalty. I was 10 yards from the incident and Flo was clearly pushed and as stonewall a penalty as you’ll see. The TV pictures however made it look a soft decision, but none of the cameras were as close, or had as good an angle as where were.

monktonharp
26-09-2019, 10:49 PM
Think it was Vela they thought should have goneok, I never had my wireless oan at the game :greengrin

monktonharp
26-09-2019, 10:53 PM
I would like to add though, that we nearly gave them a penalty in te first half. blatant push on the back of the Killie man. might have been PORTEOUS? he still had a great game, up until the sending off.

Criswell
26-09-2019, 11:21 PM
This has got to be appealed. Certainly not dangerous play. A clumsy block yes, (which his opponent makes the most of) A yellow in my book every time.

madhatter
27-09-2019, 12:43 AM
It’s a red. He needs to learn to be more subtle, could’ve brought him down just with a leg out instead he kicks him. He was covered by Vela anyway. Just trip him without the same force and it’s a yellow. Always going to be a red when no attempt to play the ball and with that amount of force in the challenge. Should be anyway, we’ve seen a few not go In our favour...

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 05:49 AM
It’s a red. He needs to learn to be more subtle, could’ve brought him down just with a leg out instead he kicks him. He was covered by Vela anyway. Just trip him without the same force and it’s a yellow. Always going to be a red when no attempt to play the ball and with that amount of force in the challenge. Should be anyway, we’ve seen a few not go In our favour...

Little or no force used put his leg across the guy certainly never kicked him.

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 05:57 AM
Heckingbottom says in his interview " no doubt it is a red card " so that rules out any appeal. I genuinely can't believe he thought or said that.

He didn't say it was a red card he said there are ways of doing it - assuming he means taking a man out - and ryan needs to be cuter.

Hibee Mac
27-09-2019, 07:02 AM
No attempt to play the ball. Cynical & Red. Also a bit rash as Vela was covering the Killi players run.

Cynical, yes. Dangerous or high studs, no.

Yellow card I reckon. Although I wasn't there and am basing this on a single camera angle, by the sounds of the following comments from those who were there it sounds like you don't get the whole picture with that angle.

ian cruise
27-09-2019, 07:11 AM
If the free kick had resulted in a goal I'm not sure as many would be forgiving of it. Seemed unnecessary and he gave the ref the decision to make. Easier to see it's not a red in a replay than in real time.

wookie70
27-09-2019, 07:42 AM
Never a red imo. No real force, not particularly dangerous and nowhere near a goal scoring opportunity. I hope we appeal.

Brightside
27-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Thats a red all day long. Zero attempt to go for the ball and a clear kick at the player.

worcesterhibby
27-09-2019, 08:50 AM
Porto is fantastic and will mature in to one of our best defenders for years. However the challenge was very rash and was always going to be in danger of being a red. If he commits that in the first 5 minutes he gets a yellow, but that's life. His football brain needs to work a bit faster in my opinion...it needs to be calculating.."what are the benefits of fouling in this situation ? " Is anyone else covering the player I am about to foul ?" "can I tangle arms or impede him in a less aggressive manner ?" This is what top class players process in a split second. The outcome of the challenge is that Kilmarnock got a foul in a very dangerous position that very, very nearly led to a goal and we were down to ten men. Arguing whether it should have been a yellow or a red is pointless. He gave the Ref a decision to make, when he didn't need to and left us in a worse position after the challenge than we had before it. It was a poor decision and a bad challenge. I don't see how anyone can argue with that.

Anthony Soprano
27-09-2019, 09:21 AM
It's a stupid challenge but it's a yellow all day long, never a red

B.H.F.C
27-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Never a red imo. No real force, not particularly dangerous and nowhere near a goal scoring opportunity. I hope we appeal.

I’m convinced that the camera angle doesn’t do it justice.

When I was at the game it looked like he just booted the boy. Always think players reaction tells you a lot and when the red card comes out, none of them, including Porteous, really complain.

lyonhibs
27-09-2019, 09:59 AM
TBH, he should be given a red card just for his "tree falling over in a light breeze" routine when the Killie boy bumps into him afterwards :bitchy:

WeeRussell
27-09-2019, 12:03 PM
I expected the challenge to be a lot worse than what it looks on the highlights, to be fair, but still not convinced we've a strong case for appeal.