PDA

View Full Version : What could the team be if...

Baker9
26-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Porteous was at centre half and the other ten were the manager's signings?

hfc rd
26-09-2019, 09:39 AM
I’d imagine like the below, although I think we’d have to field a player that wasn’t signed by him in order to start with 11 players:

Maxwell

Naismith
Porteous
Jackson
James

Vela
Hallberg
Allan (don’t think he’s a Heckingbottom signing as the pre-contract was agreed before he came in)

Middleton
Doidge
Newell

Sweet Left Peg
26-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Imagine a team of Ryan Porteous at CH and the rest were Ryan Porteouses. No team would look forward to playing that.

Baker9
26-09-2019, 09:48 AM
I’d imagine like the below, although I think we’d have to field a player that wasn’t signed by him in order to start with 11 players:

Maxwell

Naismith
Porteous
Jackson
James

Vela
Hallberg
Allan (don’t think he’s a Heckingbottom signing as the pre-contract was agreed before he came in)

Middleton
Doidge
Newell

The reason I ask is that I don't believe that the manager signed any of them as back-up. One or two of them seem to be developing into decent prospects. If the back four you suggest are as good as some seem to think they are then that could be the future.

AugustaHibs
26-09-2019, 09:51 AM
relegated?

Brightside
26-09-2019, 09:56 AM
Imagine a team of Ryan Porteous at CH and the rest were Ryan Porteouses. No team would look forward to playing that.

Has any team had 11 sent off?

Wilson
26-09-2019, 09:58 AM
relegated?

If I had a league cup winners medal on one pocket and a scottish cup winners medal in the other what have I got?

Lewis Stevenson's trousers.

danhibees1875
26-09-2019, 10:42 AM
If I had a league cup winners medal on one pocket and a scottish cup winners medal in the other what have I got?

:faf:

Baker9
26-09-2019, 10:45 AM

I'm grateful to Lewis for everything he has done for us. I'm looking at our immediate future and the integration of the new players.

lyonhibs
26-09-2019, 10:53 AM
I'm grateful to Lewis for everything he has done for us. I'm looking at our immediate future and the integration of the new players.

That immédiate future will involve Stevenson though.

Franck Stanton
26-09-2019, 10:57 AM

Maxwell

Naismith
Porteous
Jackson
James

Vela
Hallberg

Middleton
Doidge
Newell

To be honest, apart from newall, that doesn't look too bad a team imo

MyJo
26-09-2019, 11:07 AM

10 managers of varying quality over 12 years have seen fit to pick Lewis to play over 450 games for us.

He's seen off numerous other players to make the left back slot his own in that time.

He is very rarely injured and he probably still has another 2 or 3 seasons in him at our level.

He is part of our immediate future, like it or not, and that area of the pitch is behind our midfield and strikers in terms of problems to be fixed.

Steve20
26-09-2019, 11:08 AM

And Jackson, Vela and Doidge who have been awful. Middleton hasn't shown anything either.

It's a poor side.

Franck Stanton
26-09-2019, 11:37 AM
And Jackson, Vela and Doidge who have been awful. Middleton hasn't shown anything either.

It's a poor side.

Jackson has looked solid, agree 're Vela dissapointing, Doige & Middleton haven't really been given much of a chance, thought Middleton had good came when came on Sunday v them, Doidge, like Flo isn't a lone striker & could do with a strike partner.

Sweet Left Peg
26-09-2019, 11:46 AM
Has any team had 11 sent off?

Hearts gave it a good go at Ibrox once

WeeRussell
26-09-2019, 11:47 AM
Hopefully not Hibs!

jeffers
26-09-2019, 12:02 PM

Looks a poor team to me, with no dig, no real pace and little creativity. Play off contenders in my opinion.

hfc rd
26-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Looks a poor team to me, with no dig, no real pace and little creativity. Play off contenders in my opinion.

Yep, I don’t like it either.

Baker9
26-09-2019, 12:49 PM
10 managers of varying quality over 12 years have seen fit to pick Lewis to play over 450 games for us.

He's seen off numerous other players to make the left back slot his own in that time.

He is very rarely injured and he probably still has another 2 or 3 seasons in him at our level.

He is part of our immediate future, like it or not, and that area of the pitch is behind our midfield and strikers in terms of problems to be fixed.

I am not attacking Lewis nor any other players. We need the new players to come good and I believe that there are signs that they might. They are collectively of an age that they could develop as a group into a proper team over this season, and onwards.

MrRobot
26-09-2019, 01:14 PM
Jackson has looked solid, agree 're Vela dissapointing, Doige & Middleton haven't really been given much of a chance, thought Middleton had good came when came on Sunday v them, Doidge, like Flo isn't a lone striker & could do with a strike partner.

So you single out Newell as poor and not good enough, but Doidge hasn't had a chance?

Stats this season:

Newell 6 appearances 1 goal
Doidge 9 appearances 2 goals

Seems like you are singling Newell out cause Hibs.net told you he isn't good enough. If after 9 games Doidge hasn't had a chance, how can Newell be judged after less games? :confused:

FWIW, I thought Newell looked quite lively when he came on last night and at least tried to drive the ball forward, well taken penalty also.

where'stheslope
27-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Hearts gave it a good go at Ibrox once
Your right Pointon got sent off for kicking the goal post if I remember rightly????
Think he was the 4th!!!

Smartie
27-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Your right Pointon got sent off for kicking the goal post if I remember rightly????
Think he was the 4th!!!

I remember Richard Gough having a word with the referee at one point, trying to calm him down a bit. I think he was getting concerned that Hearts were going to have so many men sent off that Rangers would miss out on the hefty win they were putting together due to the match being abandoned.

cueball
27-09-2019, 09:11 PM
if i had a league cup winners medal on one pocket and a scottish cup winners medal in the other what have i got?

Lewis stevenson's trousers.

faf