PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Porteous

BlackSheep
25-09-2019, 11:47 PM
I’m almost lost for words, he could single handedly sort our defence this year... coming on leaps and bounds and shows a lot of heart. A tip of the hat to Tom James too. Defence looked a lot better tonight with these two playing. Still need improvement but it’s a good start.

Percy Vere
25-09-2019, 11:50 PM
You said it. He’s a quality defender.
Much more solid looking.

Billy Whizz
25-09-2019, 11:59 PM
Just home from the game, the Porteous challenge was a long way from the Hibs support. Was it a stick on red, or is there any chance we’ll appeal it

kaimendhibs
26-09-2019, 12:12 AM
Just home from the game, the Porteous challenge was a long way from the Hibs support. Was it a stick on red, or is there any chance we’ll appeal itLooked a red card all day long. Took one for the team

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 12:29 AM
Stupid tackle and no need to do it. He has to learn to not dive in. Does that see him miss the SF or Saturdays match?

monktonharp
26-09-2019, 12:49 AM
Stupid tackle and no need to do it. He has to learn to not dive in. Does that see him miss the SF or Saturdays match?was a stick on red. side footed the player to put him out, in my opinion although he still gets 8 out of 10 for me. fantastic performance, and I liked how he screamed back at the goalie and his teammates when they were making silly mistakes.

jeffers
26-09-2019, 12:58 AM
Stupid tackle and no need to do it. He has to learn to not dive in. Does that see him miss the SF or Saturdays match?

I'm maybe reading it wrong, but the FA bit about suspensions says a straight red card in the BetFred Cup means a player misses two games - the first being the next game immediately after the red irrespective of the competition, the second the next game in that competition. So that would mean he'll miss the game on Saturday and the semi.

monktonharp
26-09-2019, 01:06 AM
I'm maybe reading it wrong, but the FA bit about suspensions says a straight red card in the BetFred Cup means a player misses two games - the first being the next game immediately after the red irrespective of the competition, the second the next game in that competition. So that would mean he'll miss the game on Saturday and the semi.that in itself is a disaster. no chance of him sussing out Celtic players in a match , prior to the semi then .

jeffers
26-09-2019, 01:10 AM
that in itself is a disaster. no chance of him sussing out Celtic players in a match , prior to the semi then .

This is what I found, like I said I'm maybe reading it wrong, but it does suggest to me he'll miss both Celtic games:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

CMurdoch
26-09-2019, 01:28 AM
This is what I found, like I said I'm maybe reading it wrong, but it does suggest to me he'll miss both Celtic games:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

I have read said document and concur with your interpretation. No Celtic games for Porteous.

Great names for some of the competitions.
Who wouldnae want tae win the Jock Mackay Cup

I'm_cabbaged
26-09-2019, 04:24 AM
That’s brutal he misses both celtc games, still rough around the edges but the laddie will go a long way in the game. Is it just me or has he come back a good yard faster?

Since452
26-09-2019, 05:18 AM
Very naive and given us an even bigger mountain to climb in semi. Can only hope he learns from it.

J-C
26-09-2019, 05:36 AM

:agree:
Betfred is the League cup, so he'll miss the 1st league game after the incident.

where'stheslope
26-09-2019, 06:58 AM
He got away with one on Uche on Sunday, needs to stop putting himself about and concentrate on the game!!!

Bangkok Hibby
26-09-2019, 07:02 AM
I have read said document and concur with your interpretation. No Celtic games for Porteous.

I wonder if that's the late Jock Mackay who lived in Invergordon. A lovely man who did a lot for amateur football. Anybody know?

Tarrahib
26-09-2019, 07:05 AM

I've played in the final of the Jock Mackay cup.He was a staunch Hibbee.We used to call him Own Goal Mackay.Probaly self explanatory nickname.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2019, 07:07 AM
He was very good last night up until the sending off.

It was a ridiculous challenge and there was absolutely no need to do it. If he wanted to stop the attack he could have just blocked the boy, tripped him up or something. I can’t quite believe he got a standing ovation and his name sung for being so stupid!

hibeejeebies
26-09-2019, 07:08 AM
Very naive and given us an even bigger mountain to climb in semi. Can only hope he learns from it.

Just wanted to mention this too and keen to hear what other people's views were.

Tremendous all-round performance from the big man last night (he demonstrated immense leadership and organisational qualities at the back throughout the game) but tarnished with this totally needless straight red (blatant red) in the dying embers of the game.

This rashness was something that I was ideally hoping he might've eradicated from his game with time to reflect from the treatment table, but it's a steep learning curve for us as he'll now be sorely missed in suspension (whatever form that takes).

Someone mentioned "taking one for the team" - this didn't apply here as there was no imminent threat; the Killie boy was being channelled away from our goal while outnumbered. Knock-on effect meant we didn't bring Flo on as a penalty taker (as I'm sure was Hecky's intention) and knowing Ryan I'm sure he would've stepped up to take one himself.

Like I say I'm a massive fan of Ryan's and appreciate he's still developing, so I'm looking forward to seeing him mature out of this phase.

GGTTH

Tarrahib
26-09-2019, 07:09 AM
I wonder if that's the late Jock Mackay who lived in Invergordon. A lovely man who did a lot for amateur football. Anybody know?
That's the man.He was with Ross County in the 60'.He went to a lot Hibs games when not involved with local football.

Since452
26-09-2019, 07:10 AM
He was very good last night up until the sending off.

It was a ridiculous challenge and there was absolutely no need to do it. If he wanted to stop the attack he could have just blocked the boy, tripped him up or something. I can’t quite believe he got a standing ovation and his name sung for being so stupid!

Just the usual shown to our academy players. Ryan was stupid and he could easily have caused us to be knocked out the cup. If Newall or Jackson had done that they'd have been booed off.

we are hibs
26-09-2019, 07:15 AM
Just the usual shown to our academy players. Ryan was stupid and he could easily have caused us to be knocked out the cup. If Newall or Jackson had done that they'd have been booed off.

Absolute drivel.

Heisenberg
26-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Absolute drivel.

I think he’s got a point tbf. Our academy players get a much easier time than others.

Diclonius
26-09-2019, 07:20 AM
Does he miss the semi final or the league game?

lyonhibs
26-09-2019, 07:26 AM

Both. Next immediate game in all competitions (so league game) and the next game in that competition (semi final).

A very silly boy by the sounds of it.

The_Horde
26-09-2019, 07:29 AM

Both apparently.

we are hibs
26-09-2019, 07:30 AM
I think he’s got a point tbf. Our academy players get a much easier time than others.

You think shaw gets an easy time? Or that Mackie does? How about going back to Harris, Handling and Stanton? They all got plenty critisism. Maybe people are easier on porteous because hes a stand out most times he plays and everyone can see hes going to leave and play at a higher level. Youre going to get mistakes with a young defender and moments where the blood rushes to his head but hes still learning the game.

neil7908
26-09-2019, 07:38 AM
He could be excellent but really needs to learn to stop picking up so many cards.

Appreciate he's still young but too often folk are cheering on his passion when we'd be better served with him on the pitch rather than sent off or not having to watch himself as he's on a booking for 70 minutes.

MacGruber
26-09-2019, 07:49 AM
I read all the comments regarding the Porteous challenge. Definite straight red, stupid, rash etc.

Just seen it for the first time expecting a horrific challenge.

Never a red. Booking all day long. Wasn't a red and wasn't stupid either. A tired, lazy and yes cynical challenge - but a yellow all day. Harsh on him

bigwheel
26-09-2019, 07:50 AM
I read all the comments regarding the Porteous challenge. Definite straight red, stupid, rash etc.

Never a red. Booking all day long. Wasn't a red and wasn't stupid either. A tired, lazy and yes cynical challenge - but a yellow all day. Harsh on him

Wonder if we will appeal ??

Heisenberg
26-09-2019, 07:56 AM
Wonder if we will appeal ??

I’m sure Heckingbottom said to Hibs TV that he thought it was a definite red card. So probably not.

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 08:04 AM

Where about is the footage of that? If any sort of doubt Hibs should appeal. We have been on the wrong end of so many calls when yellows have been shown for reds usually when a knee high tackle on McGinn. Unusual for Collum to show a red usually it is a yellow to a Hearts player in a derby when red was then given on appeal.

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 08:06 AM
I’m sure Heckingbottom said to Hibs TV that he thought it was a definite red card. So probably not.

Not sure he said it was a definite more a comment about him needing to be cuter.

CB_NO3
26-09-2019, 08:47 AM
Thought it was a red at the time and a very silly one at that. Just had to obstruct the player using his body and he would have got booked.

He acted like a silly boy falling down to the ground twice after it as well. He will learn from it.

Pretty Boy
26-09-2019, 08:49 AM
He needs to learn. He was lucky to get away with one against Rangers last year when he put in a shocker of a challenge on Morelos.

No one wants to take that commitment out of his game but it maybe needs to be controlled a wee bit. Hopefully it comes with experience.

MacGruber
26-09-2019, 08:54 AM
Thought it was a red at the time and a very silly one at that. Just had to obstruct the player using his body and he would have got booked.

He acted like a silly boy falling down to the ground twice after it as well. He will learn from it.

Agreed - he did act the silly boy falling about after it.

No way is it a straight red though. He's not through on goal, there's plenty defenders around. It's a foul, it's a booking but that's it.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Agreed - he did act the silly boy falling about after it.

No way is it a straight red though. He's not through on goal, there's plenty defenders around. It's a foul, it's a booking but that's it.

Granted I’ve not seen it back, but from the other end of the pitch it just looked like he took a swipe at the boy.

Frazerbob
26-09-2019, 09:28 AM
Looked a red card all day long. Took one for the team

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Took one for the team? Ridiculous comment on a ridiculous challenge. It was on the touchline & he could easily have taken him out without getting a straight red. As soon as it happened I called it as a sending off. Nothing unlucky about it. He spoiled a great performance with a silly rush to he head and now misses the semi.

J-C
26-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Whether it's a red or yellow, he needs to be more clever and stop giving the ref an excuse to show him the red, he's still learning.

Here’s Lucy!
26-09-2019, 12:23 PM
Porto is a very bright light in a very dark tunnel.

Well played, young man. :aok:

The_Horde
26-09-2019, 01:07 PM
That challenge gets a yellow more times than it gets a red IMO. Bit harsh on the laddie

judas
26-09-2019, 01:07 PM
I must temper the excitement a little.

Young Porteous shows great promise and that is exciting, but lets not get carried away.

A few weeks ago he was at fault for Kilmarnock's first goal. Against Hearts in the last game, he let Ikpeazu wrestle him off the ball and score. Last night he got a red card.

I realise that this Heckingrectum team has us grasping at straws, but lets just cool our jets a wee bit.

EH75
26-09-2019, 01:10 PM
Any footage of the red card? My first reaction on seeing it was yellow and was really surprised to see a straight red. It was daft and he took the boy out but it didn't look violent or dangerous and he was nowhere near the goal and plenty other defenders around. However given what everyone is saying I'd be interested to see it again.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2019, 01:11 PM
I must temper the excitement a little.

Young Porteous shows great promise and that is exciting, but lets not get carried away.

A few weeks ago he was at fault for Kilmarnock's first goal. Against Hearts in the last game, he let Ikpeazu wrestle him off the ball and score. Last night he got a red card.

I realise that this Heckingrectum team has us grasping at straws, but lets just cool our jets a wee bit.

Tend to agree.

I think Porteous has a real chance and I’d be playing him every week. He’s got a bit to go though. Biggest concern is that he doesn’t really have someone in there to properly learn from IMO.

hfc rd
26-09-2019, 02:18 PM
Just seen the red card incident and fair enough, it was a poor challenge by Ryan but Dicker should have been red carded too.

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Any footage of the red card? My first reaction on seeing it was yellow and was really surprised to see a straight red. It was daft and he took the boy out but it didn't look violent or dangerous and he was nowhere near the goal and plenty other defenders around. However given what everyone is saying I'd be interested to see it again.

https://youtu.be/HL99w8OU9BQ

Just saw the highlights and there is not a chance that is a red card. Hibs should be putting a definite appeal on that. He looked like he was pulling out of it. Yellow but never a red in a million years IMO.

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 02:51 PM
Tend to agree.

I think Porteous has a real chance and I’d be playing him every week. He’s got a bit to go though. Biggest concern is that he doesn’t really have someone in there to properly learn from IMO.

He will learn from Darren McGregor and Paul Hanlon both experienced centre halfs.

hibbytam
26-09-2019, 02:51 PM
Just seen the highlights, I'd say it seems a little harsh. It's a poor challenge, but I've seen worse only get a booking.

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Just seen the highlights, I'd say it seems a little harsh. It's a poor challenge, but I've seen worse only get a booking.

Absolutely should definitely appeal it.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2019, 02:56 PM
He will learn from Darren McGregor and Paul Hanlon both experienced centre halfs.

But how much is he going to learn, in terms of progressing to the level people speak about? Not enough IMO.

He’ll more than likely play instead of McGregor. Hanlon has had enough difficulty just looking after himself lately.

Unseen work
26-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Whilst I’m not convinced it was a red that is just so stupid from Porto. The guy is going nowhere and he completely wipes him out, it’s not taking one for the team it’s sheer stupidity.

He needs to grow up with hitting the deck after it too when Dicker barely touches him. Can’t try he a hard man one minute and go diving the next, embarrassing.

Im a huge fan of him but it’s nonsense like this he needs to get out of his game

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 03:05 PM
But how much is he going to learn, in terms of progressing to the level people speak about? Not enough IMO.

He’ll more than likely play instead of McGregor. Hanlon has had enough difficulty just looking after himself lately.

Will be learning from them every day in training. Ryan just needs to play to learn and be the first team regular we hope he can be and then move on to a higher level when ready.

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 03:06 PM
Whilst I’m not convinced it was a red that is just so stupid from Porto. The guy is going nowhere and he completely wipes him out, it’s not taking one for the team it’s sheer stupidity.

He needs to grow up with hitting the deck after it too when Dicker barely touches him. Can’t try he a hard man one minute and go diving the next, embarrassing.

Im a huge fan of him but it’s nonsense like this he needs to get out of his game

Think it was Dicker trying to be the hard man.

BILLYHIBS
26-09-2019, 03:11 PM

https://youtu.be/0V7kVzxSTGo

H18 SFR
26-09-2019, 03:20 PM
Maybe a tin hat on moment but i'd appeal that, feet on the ground, no excessive force.

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Maybe a tin hat on moment but i'd appeal that, feet on the ground, no excessive force.

Agree was assuming he had cleaned the boy out ala Cochrane v McGinn, not a lot in that at all. Cynical foul nothing else.

hibsquaker
26-09-2019, 03:24 PM
No chance that's a straight red. Surely must appeal. I remember Cochrane doing similar to Mcginn in a similar place on the pitch but much more dangerous high up the leg. Yellow card

MrRobot
26-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Is it the case that if we did appeal it, he wouldnt actually start his ban until the appeal hearing had been and therefore make him available for the next immediate match?

Robbo6-2
26-09-2019, 03:30 PM
Never a red card. Should defo appeal it.

Why did Hecky come out and say that in press? That will effect the appeal.

jeffers
26-09-2019, 03:35 PM

That's the point of contact, said on another post I can't see his foot off the ground, if anything he's put his leg across the guy, which is more obstruction than anything IMO. Yellow all day long.

Vault Boy
26-09-2019, 03:43 PM

Agreed, I only saw it through the HTV highlights so didn't have the influence of an initial gut feeling, honestly can't see how it's worthy of a red.

It's all down to interpretation, but I'm surprised that I read so many 'definite red' posts now that I've looked myself. Must have looked worse from the Hibs end in the heat of the game.

we are hibs
26-09-2019, 04:04 PM
Thats never a red. Im assuming all those saying it was were at the game and looked worse at the time. He doesnt even kick out or anything.

EH75
26-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Seeing it again has done nothing to change my opinion. Stupid challenge but never a red. Killie player made the most of it as well.

Roxyhibee
26-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Hardly touched the guy and never going to injure anyone doing that. But - was asking for the possibility of a red and I’m not surprised the ref gave it. Silly and unnecessary challenge. But I’ve seen worse with only a yellow.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Seeing the tackle from where we were at the game it looked like he had taken a proper swipe. It looks really soft when you see that which is strange as there wasn’t a lot of protest about it.

NC1875
26-09-2019, 05:01 PM
That’s a booking 9 times out of 10.

To me he looks like he wants to commit and then pulls out of the challenge.

EH75
26-09-2019, 05:17 PM
There were a couple of other challenges that looked worse, I think Scott Allan went in fairly heavy twice in quick succession and I thought he was lucky to stay on the park.

theonlywayisup
26-09-2019, 06:44 PM
SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:

denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
serious foul play
biting or spitting at someone
violent conduct
using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
receiving a second caution in the same match
entering the video operation room (VOR)

I don't think you could say it was "serious foul play", nor was it denying an "obvious goal-scoring opportunity".

As others have said, the two offences against John McGinn in the Hertz and St. Johnstone games were more worthy of a red card, yet both were given as yellow.

staunchhibby
26-09-2019, 07:12 PM
Why was killie player not carded for decking porteous after the incident

weecounty hibby
26-09-2019, 08:13 PM
First sight of that and it's never a red card. Genuinely can't ever remember seeing a challenge like that being a red before. A yellow all day long and I would hope that after seeing footage that Hibs will appeal

Robbo6-2
26-09-2019, 08:20 PM
Really cant believe we arent appealing this.

Porto is our best defender and probs most influential player.

Gutted he is out the semi now

inglisavhibs
26-09-2019, 08:22 PM
Tend to agree.

The much maligned Hanlon was also excellent last night. Without the two of them we would be nowhere near a semi final.

jacomo
26-09-2019, 09:48 PM
The much maligned Hanlon was also excellent last night. Without the two of them we would be nowhere near a semi final.

Good to hear. Ludicrous people are so quick to write him off when he has proved himself over and over again.

SChibs
26-09-2019, 10:01 PM
Seeing the tackle from where we were at the game it looked like he had taken a proper swipe. It looks really soft when you see that which is strange as there wasn’t a lot of protest about it.

From where I was it looked like he had just booted the guy. I don't think the camera angle is great to be honest. It looked like the killie boy almost done a somersault from where we sat

monktonharp
26-09-2019, 10:23 PM
I am glad to hear that lots on here have seen the incident again. from where I was at the game, it looked always a red. hope I was wrong and that the club do try to appeal. the carry on immedietly afterwords was shocking, when the guy dived in and dragged Porteous down.

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 10:37 AM
Assuming we would need to appeal today to get Ryan playing tomorrow. Genuinely amazed if we dont appeal this given the number of times other players got clearer reds down to a yellow last season.

we are hibs
27-09-2019, 10:45 AM
Assuming we would need to appeal today to get Ryan playing tomorrow. Genuinely amazed if we dont appeal this given the number of times other players got clearer reds down to a yellow last season.

Probably something to do with the fact the manager dived in post match and said it was a clear red card. Probably on the back of not seeing it back.

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Probably something to do with the fact the manager dived in post match and said it was a clear red card. Probably on the back of not seeing it back.

He definitely didn't say that in the Hibs tv interview he said that Ryan needed to learn to be cuter. Even if he did say that at the time he could easily now say he was at the other side of the pitch and didn't get a good view of it however now having seen it s few times it looks much more like yellow would have been fairer therefore appealing.

duffers
27-09-2019, 10:50 AM
Why was killie player not carded for decking porteous after the incident

I think he might have been given a yellow, but there wasn’t really anything in it at all.

I can only judge the foul from the YouTube highlights, but there is absolutely no danger that is a red card offence. Yellow all day long.

we are hibs
27-09-2019, 10:52 AM
He definitely didn't say that in the Hibs tv interview he said that Ryan needed to learn to be cuter. Even if he did say that at the time he could easily now say he was at the other side of the pitch and didn't get a good view of it however now having seen it s few times it looks much more like yellow would have been fairer therefore appealing.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjfv7nA6fDkAhUIxoUKHY-6AiQQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scotsman.com%2Fsport%2Ffootb all%2Fhibernian%2Fpaul-heckingbottom-hopes-hibs-shootout-win-can-be-springboard-to-better-times-1-5011632&psig=AOvVaw0SwsYLc1WwSnCUl5fZSu5R&ust=1569667569543097

He said it here. If we dont appeal it itll be astonishing but i dont think we will.

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 10:52 AM

That's the point of contact, said on another post I can't see his foot off the ground, if anything he's put his leg across the guy, which is more obstruction than anything IMO. Yellow all day long.

Yep looked like he put his knee across the guy to take him down no way was it a kick as his foot never really left the ground.

ian cruise
27-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Really cant believe we arent appealing this.

Porto is our best defender and probs most influential player.

Gutted he is out the semi now

Possible that we're not appealing to help Ryan learn the lesson that he can't keep getting cards like that. Think. Rangers did the same with Morelos and stopped appealing his fouls as it was obvious he was going to keep giving them away, he's somewhat cleaned up his act.

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 10:55 AM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjfv7nA6fDkAhUIxoUKHY-6AiQQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scotsman.com%2Fsport%2Ffootb all%2Fhibernian%2Fpaul-heckingbottom-hopes-hibs-shootout-win-can-be-springboard-to-better-times-1-5011632&psig=AOvVaw0SwsYLc1WwSnCUl5fZSu5R&ust=1569667569543097

He said it here. If we dont appeal it itll be astonishing but i dont think we will.

WTF was he thinking saying that without looking at it again the day after. Does anyone genuinely think that Celtic Rangers Hearts or Dons would not appeal that?

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 10:56 AM
Possible that we're not appealing to help Ryan learn the lesson that he can't keep getting cards like that. Think. Rangers did the same with Morelos and stopped appealing his fouls as it was obvious he was going to keep giving them away, he's somewhat cleaned up his act.

Really would be amazed if that is the case, Morelos got away with murder last season an Rangers were forever appealing his red cards.

FilipinoHibs
27-09-2019, 11:16 AM
https://youtu.be/HL99w8OU9BQ

Just saw the highlights and there is not a chance that is a red card. Hibs should be putting a definite appeal on that. He looked like he was pulling out of it. Yellow but never a red in a million years IMO.

Yes yellow at worst. We should appeal.

MartinfaePorty
27-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Looks like he's out of the semi-final and out tomorrow https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5625/los12-26-september-2019.pdf

If that link doesn't work try this https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/player-suspensions/ and click on September, then the latest file LOS 12

Edited, as never read properly the first time!

KeithTheHibby
27-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Never a red card.

That wee dick Cochranes challenge on SJM was far worse than that however that was only deemed a yellow.

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 12:52 PM
Looks like he's out of the semi-final and out tomorrow https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5625/los12-26-september-2019.pdf

If that link doesn't work try this https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/player-suspensions/ and click on September, then the latest file LOS 12

Edited, as never read properly the first time!

Why are we not appealing? Makes no sense.

Future17
27-09-2019, 01:24 PM

That raises the question of whether it's actually wrong to concede cynical fouls. Given the number of times we hear Dave Beaumont/Wayne Foster chat on here, I doubt whether most people think it is wrong.

Gmack7
28-09-2019, 09:46 AM
surorised we never appealed the red

JimBHibees
28-09-2019, 09:57 AM
surorised we never appealed the red

Totally especially given the importance of the games he will miss

MacGruber
29-09-2019, 08:40 AM
Ryan Porteous - deserved red card, stupid, rash, cynical, silly. Extracts from media, hibs fans, Heckingbottom.

Maurice Bauer - clever, good foul, knows what he's doing, cynical, booking. Commentators/media.

One of those fouls was a dangerous breakaway and a kick out. The other not a dangerous situation, no kick out - a cynical block.

We need to stop rolling over to this *****. Should have made an issue of the Porteous foul, appealed it. We should be making an issue again as a club and comparing yesterdays foul to it. If nothing else draw attention to the inconsistency and start putting a bit of pressure on. Glad Heck has come out about Nitcham. He should be doing more of the same when it's merited