PDA

View Full Version : Well done Heckingbottom

H18 SFR
25-09-2019, 10:02 PM
Pure and simple, well done Hecky, changed the team, no dreadful errors at the back, tight in midfield, positive change initially when Shaw and Allan came on forcing Killie to change things to counter it and ultimately got the job done.

Great seeing him pumped up at the end. It's the start of the fightback.

skyhibs
25-09-2019, 10:03 PM
H still needs to go ASAP

Northernhibee
25-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Pure and simple, well done Hecky, changed the team, no dreadful errors at the back, tight in midfield, positive change initially when Shaw and Allan came on forcing Killie to change things to counter it and ultimately got the job done.

Yep. It would give me no greater pleasure than for him to get it right up his detractors. Hibs would be winning, everyone would be winning. He’s a nice guy and he would deserve that.

Heckys Wheel
25-09-2019, 10:08 PM
Delighted for him. Hope this is the turning point of our season.

Oscar T Grouch
25-09-2019, 10:09 PM
The preferable option for everyone is for him to succeed, changing manager always causes issues. We weren’t great tonight but got the job done. We never had a shot on target for 74 minutes tonight, that has to improve but we were solid at the back in relative terms. It’s great to have a wee trip to Hampden to look forward to.

Nicho87
25-09-2019, 10:10 PM
Was bound to fluke one eventually.

Nothing’s changed for me.

Out

Hibee Mac
25-09-2019, 10:11 PM
Delighted for him. Hope this is the turning point of our season.

You're only saying that cause you put all your eggs in one basket with that username 😂

Must have been waiting weeks now for that to pay off!

skyhibs
25-09-2019, 10:12 PM
Yep. It would give me no greater pleasure than for him to get it right up his detractors. Hibs would be winning, everyone would be winning. He’s a nice guy and he would deserve that.

I dont care care if he wins the next few games I don’t like his style of play and the bull**** he talks.... get him as far away from my club as possible or we will be relegated and the club will have went back years and take another 5 years to get the fans back... he is absolute **** at his job

well at least that’s my opinion

The Leith Dutch
25-09-2019, 10:13 PM

Agree with the sentiment that it's a good result but the bit in bold is a bit of an odd thing to say.

His "detractors" are fans who have issues with how poorly we've been playing and the results we've been getting.
It isn't some kind of agenda - it's an observation of the fact we're playing poorly and not getting points.

If he turns it round and gets us performing and getting points then he won't be "getting it right up" his detractors as they won't be detractors (a few bams aside).

He does seem like a decent bloke and certainly don't like the personal side that's coming into it but the criticisms based on how he's running the team have been perfectly reasonable.

Heckys Wheel
25-09-2019, 10:13 PM
You're only saying that cause you put all your eggs in one basket with that username 😂

Must have been waiting weeks now for that to pay off!

Correct. A wee run of results now and the usernames safe until Christmas.

Can we bring back “Hecky’s at the wheel” yet?

Northernhibee
25-09-2019, 10:22 PM
Agree with the sentiment that it's a good result but the bit in bold is a bit of an odd thing to say.

His "detractors" are fans who have issues with how poorly we've been playing and the results we've been getting.
It isn't some kind of agenda - it's an observation of the fact we're playing poorly and not getting points.

If he turns it round and gets us performing and getting points then he won't be "getting it right up" his detractors as they won't be detractors (a few bams aside).

He does seem like a decent bloke and certainly don't like the personal side that's coming into it but the criticisms based on how he's running the team have been perfectly reasonable.

There are also some who have gone beyond the “justified criticism” stage.

chrisski33
25-09-2019, 10:23 PM
One win doesnt change anything. He maybe a "nice" guy but he's not the right guy for Hibs.
Will be back to the doom and gloom afte the Celtic and Aberdeen games

Hibee Mac
25-09-2019, 10:29 PM
Correct. A wee run of results now and the usernames safe until Christmas.

Can we bring back “Hecky’s at the wheel” yet?

Oh too soon, too soon. Think we should let him find the wheel again first before jumping the gun.

jacomo

Well done to Hecky tonight, but it’s not about putting up his detractors. It’s not about folk hoping to be vindicated so they win a battle on social media. It’s not about dismissing concerns that are widespread and imo justified.

It’s about putting a good team on the park.

If this is the start of something more positive then great. But we have been put through the wringer.

Gerard
Good result

SRHibs
25-09-2019, 10:30 PM
I dont care care if he wins the next few games I don’t like his style of play and the bull**** he talks.... get him as far away from my club as possible or we will be relegated and the club will have went back years and take another 5 years to get the fans back... he is absolute **** at his job

I mean, if he wins the next few games, I doubt we will be relegated. I like Hecky, and want him to succeed. The criticism he's coming under for the team's performance is by and large justified, but the digs people are making on here, and directly to him on Twitter, about his character are a bit OTT. It's like they think he's intentionally trying to make us lose.

I'm hoping this win has a big impact on the team spirit, and the performances as a result.

500miles
25-09-2019, 10:32 PM
Hecky should've been gone before tonight. However, he's here and we're through to a semi.

He gets a stay of execution, but I'm skeptical it'll last long. I hope he's found the basis of his team now.

The_Horde
25-09-2019, 10:32 PM

The fact we're so poor that we're going to credit that terrible performance shows how low the standards have sunk.

I'll let the man have his moment, he finally got his team to show some cahonas to win the shootout but on another day we'd be out.

He needs to pick up points in our next two games or its cheerio.

H18 SFR
25-09-2019, 10:35 PM
The fact we're so poor that we're going to credit that terrible performance shows how low the standards have sunk.

I'll let the man have his moment, he finally got his team to show some cahonas to win the shootout but on another day we'd be out.

He needs to pick up points in our next two games or its cheerio.

Fingers crossed we get something from Saturday.

Zazu62
25-09-2019, 10:35 PM
Hecky aside that strip is actually minging

#2 Double Tap
25-09-2019, 11:08 PM
Hecky aside that strip is actually minging

that strip is far from minging, much better than the purple effort.

hfc rd
25-09-2019, 11:08 PM
Delighted with the win most of all however my stance doesn’t change on the manager.

Percy Vere
25-09-2019, 11:53 PM

Say what you mean. Stop all this innuendo and subterfuge.
Heck in or out?

kaimendhibs
26-09-2019, 12:14 AM
I was there. Some decent performances and we won. But it's a very hard watch. He's not the man for me sorry

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 12:18 AM
Eye bleeding football, negative set ups and bizarre subs, not to mention creating f all as well. He has to go.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2019, 12:22 AM
Eye bleeding football, negative set ups and bizarre subs, not to mention creating f all as well. He has to go.

Away to bed now

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 12:25 AM
Away to bed now

Is he? I don't know he can sleep at night serving up that pish for us to watch!

Billy Whizz
26-09-2019, 12:28 AM
Is he? I don't know he can sleep at night serving up that pish for us to watch!

If we’d played well and lost, like last year v Aberdeen, you’d be raging
Chill a little, you’ll have forgotten all about this game when the semi comes round

Swedish hibee
26-09-2019, 03:23 AM
Penalties is down to mental strength and seeing the pictures of the players at the end of the game, hopefully this is the new start we all need.. but Saturday will be a very difficult game.

Jim44
26-09-2019, 04:42 AM
Getting any points out of the Celtic and Aberdeen games is unlikely and he’s unlucky that a ‘revival’ comes just before them. Even two good performances may not be enough to save his skin. Last night’s result is only a stay of execution.

Hibernia&Alba
26-09-2019, 04:51 AM

:agree:

Very much so. Nobody wants a manager to fail, but we have been very poor. We are all very happy to be in the semis, though, in my humble opinion, it will only prove a reprieve until the Celtic game, which I fully expect to lose. We were far from impressive at Killie but got the job done, which is everything in a cup tie. I'm just going to enjoy the moment for a couple of days.

Since452
26-09-2019, 05:02 AM
Pleased for him. Really needed that. After losing to Hearts, going to Kilmarnock a team that just beat us and finished 3rd last season and putting them out the cup showed tremendous character. Credit where credits due.

coldingham hibs
26-09-2019, 05:13 AM
Managed to survive 120 mins without losing a goal which is fantastic however we had 7 attempts in that 120 mins and we still cannot win a game. Sorry, he gets no praise for that. If we draw or beat Celtic then praise will be justified.

This will have prolonged his stay unfortunately.

J-C
26-09-2019, 05:46 AM
Winning a dour boring game against a team pretty much as bad as ourselves on penalties changes nothing, going by the match thread it was still a miserable display with no shots on target the whole 1st half and 2 the whole game( plus extra time ). The team was set up to not get beat and that they did but that is not how I want to see Hibs winning games this is his mind set, it's what many Barnsley fans said about him, don't expect great football, you'll get a few results but boring as hell. He's still not the man for us and needs emptied.

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2019, 05:47 AM
He has done very well in the league cup this season, given plenty of minutes to young guys and still got us into a semi final

Since452
26-09-2019, 05:48 AM
Some big calls last night. It worked.

hibbydad
26-09-2019, 06:12 AM
Nothing has changed he still needs emptied it was 2 very poor teams playing last night

Nicho87
26-09-2019, 07:01 AM
Just watched his interview “that standard of performance needs to continue”

Wow

Danderhall Hibs
26-09-2019, 07:52 AM

Wow

It does need to continue though? Gradual improvement is what’s required.

I’d say he’d be better not doing interviews so his words can’t be twisted but then a no show would be used against him.

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 08:00 AM

Wow

He will be talking about the clean sheet and spirit shown. Not getting away from it was a good win from a team short of confidence just after losing a derby. No one is saying we are now great and that there isn't improvement required as there is hugely but he made some big calls last night and got a win so should get some credit for that.

worcesterhibby
26-09-2019, 08:21 AM

Wow

The sentence before that was "I'm not satisfied" I think you are being unnecessarily harsh. He knows we need to show a lot more going forward, but when you are on a bad run and confidence is low, we were never going to see a scintillating 3 goal victory away from home, on an artificial pitch against a dogged Kilmarnock side. We needed lots of hard work, good defending, concentration and a wee bit of luck. We got that tonight, and it's a start.

We got the win, give the guy a break for one day.

Brightside
26-09-2019, 08:31 AM

Wow

Did you not watch the bit before that then?

Pretty Boy
26-09-2019, 08:35 AM
I can't say I'm feeling any particular delight for PH or even the players. They got themselves into this situation so they can get themselves out of it. The least we should expect is a bit fight and determination to do that. From what I saw and talking to others that was evident so well done. Hopefully it's the kind of dogged performance we need to kick start the season. I'm far more pleased for the 700 or so fans who made the trip last night. They had to sit through a pretty drab game and were rewarded with a win and passage to the next round of the cup at the end of it.

I'm saying all of that I think we can lay off Heckingbottom for a few days now. He made changes, we kept a clean sheet and we won. There's no need to go looking for reasons to have a go at him. If things pan out as most of us expect on Saturday then all the same points can be raked over. That's a couple of days away and hypothetical though so let's just give the guy a break for now and try and enjoy an all too rare win.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 08:58 AM

Why would you want to “get it up” concerned Hibs fans? Do you think when we get pumped routinely anyone thinks “that’s a disgrace we lost the derby but at least I can get it up someone like Northernhibee”?

Wilson
26-09-2019, 09:02 AM
I've been very critical of Hecky but I'd like to say well done. It's a win and we're in the next round, which is all that really matters in a cup competition, so fair play.

gorgie greens
26-09-2019, 09:09 AM
As much as the clean sheet was welcome the 7 shots in 120 minutes is woeful considering who we are playing , this result is just delaying the inevitable and the next 2 games will surely seal the end . taking your striker off with penalties pending and replacing with a defender just sums this guy up .

Hiber-nation
26-09-2019, 09:12 AM
As much as the clean sheet was welcome the 7 shots in 120 minutes is woeful considering who we are playing , this result is just delaying the inevitable and the next 2 games will surely seal the end . taking your striker off with penalties pending and replacing with a defender just sums this guy up .

What are you on about, we were down to 10 men so he had to take a striker off. And what difference does it make having a striker on for the penalty shootout anyway, the only striker we had on actually missed his.

biotech
26-09-2019, 10:27 AM
A goalless penalty win, in the cup, over a poor Kilmarnock isn’t enough to counteract the abysmal league form, poor signings and bewildering team selections.

green with envy
26-09-2019, 10:33 AM
He has done very well in the league cup this season, given plenty of minutes to young guys and still got us into a semi final

I'm sorry that I don't share your enthusiasm. Failing to beat Stirling Albion and Morton at home over 90 minutes and only managing a couple of decent attempts at goal in 120 minutes away to Kilmarnock is not that very well done and for the other results, they were at least what we should have expected. I'm also at a loss RE: giving the young players plenty minutes of game time over the 6 league cup games that we have played up till now?

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2019, 11:13 AM
I'm sorry that I don't share your enthusiasm. Failing to beat Stirling Albion and Morton at home over 90 minutes and only managing a couple of decent attempts at goal in 120 minutes away to Kilmarnock is not that very well done and for the other results, they were at least what we should have expected. I'm also at a loss RE: giving the young players plenty minutes of game time over the 6 league cup games that we have played up till now?
In the semi while Stirling, Kilmarnock and Morton aren't. All that matters.

Young players have had plenty time, no idea how that is confusing. Campbell, Shaw, Murray, Mackie etc all played a part

H18 SFR
26-09-2019, 11:27 AM

We had just had a centre half ordered off - you are at it!

H18S NX
26-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Both teams were absolute gash last night,going through on the lottery of penalties doesn't change a thing for me,he still has to go,imo.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 11:59 AM
You have to say well done on halting our three game losing run and managing to make Hampden against a lot of odds regardless of the opposition. It will make the club much needed cash and give the players the incentive of playing at the national stadium. Nothing would give me greater delight than smashing celtics domestic clean sweeps by winning at Hampden against them and Lennon.

H18 SFR
26-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Both teams were absolute gash last night,going through on the lottery of penalties doesn't change a thing for me,he still has to go,imo.

We were not gash defensively to be fair. Definitely erased some of the suicidal decision making we've seen over the last 5 or 6 weeks.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-09-2019, 12:01 PM
A better team would have pumped us.... there is zero goal threat from doidge kamberi or Shaw

MacGruber
26-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Whats gone before - shocking. What's to come, probably disaster.

Last night, well done lads. Cup football is about getting your name in the hat, couldn't care about the performance or anything else. Away game on plastic devoid of form and confidence. Football never broke out but they showed determination and character.

green with envy
26-09-2019, 12:09 PM
In the semi while Stirling, Kilmarnock and Morton aren't. All that matters.

Young players have had plenty time, no idea how that is confusing. Campbell, Shaw, Murray, Mackie etc all played a part

Gies peace.

In the context of my reply in saying that Heckinbottom had done well in this league cup campaign by playing Shaw, Mackie & Murray and you can add Porteous to your list, who were all first team starters last season.

Bearing in mind my reply was to this season's League cup campaign, You could also say that those players that I have quoted with the exception of Campbell who played 135 minutes before being loaned out have had a lot more league game minutes during their tenure at Hibs, for me, does not justify in saying that he has done very well in this League Cup campaign. In fact, i'll go as far as saying that he has done the bare minimum of what should have been expected of him, with regards to the "young players"

TrinityHibs
26-09-2019, 12:17 PM
A goalless penalty win, in the cup, over a poor Kilmarnock isn’t enough to counteract the abysmal league form, poor signings and bewildering team selections.

Yet the goalless penalty win in the cup over a poor Dundee United was acceptable in 2016. I remember being pretty happy about that result. It doesn't matter how you do it in the cup as long as you do it.

Here’s Lucy!
26-09-2019, 12:21 PM
Changes very little.

PH is clueless and still requires to be handed his jotters.

SRHibs
26-09-2019, 12:24 PM

Wow

He also said he wasn't satisfied. After a win which quite clearly had a positive effect on team spirit, you want him to come out and say we were absolute pish? He made comments on the work rate of each individual so I'd imagine that's what his comments were alluding to.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 12:34 PM
He also said he wasn't satisfied. After a win which quite clearly had a positive effect on team spirit, you want him to come out and say we were absolute pish? He made comments on the work rate of each individual so I'd imagine that's what his comments were alluding to.

So he wasn’t satisfied but the level of performance has to continue? Doesn’t make that much sense tbh.

Keith_M
26-09-2019, 12:56 PM
that strip is far from minging, much better than the purple effort.

Nah, it really is minging

Mr_F
26-09-2019, 01:38 PM
How many shots on target did we have during the 120 mins?

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 01:40 PM
How many shots on target did we have during the 120 mins?

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 01:44 PM

Horrendous eh.

MrRobot
26-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Really hope this can be a turning point and the return of Boyle could make a massive difference.

Im still skeptical he can turn it around but I can't think why anybody wouldnt want him to.

Since452
26-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Horrendous eh.

Same as the home team

Mr_F
26-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Horrendous eh.

Absolutely pathetic like

hibeerealist
26-09-2019, 01:49 PM

I wish he had been pumped up on Sunday and Got a result, sure I am not alone!

Sorry but although happy we won I just worry that we will now keep him and he is just not the right man for the job.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 01:51 PM
I wish he had been pumped up on Sunday and Got a result, sure I am not alone!

Sorry but although happy we won I just worry that we will now keep him and he is just not the right man for the job.

Bit like hearts and levin, one decent result and they keep him, fluked it on penalties last night like us and now we're both stuck with our managers.

Dalianwanda
26-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Bit like hearts and levin, one decent result and they keep him, fluked it on penalties last night like us and now we're both stuck with our managers.

How did we fluke it on penalties? We scored more....Hows that a fluke? Its an objective measure of success (not performance).

hibeerealist
26-09-2019, 01:54 PM

Agree with other posters on this, his “detractors” are Hibs fans who have wanted him to do well and he has let us down, simple as that and you need to reel your neck in a bit rather than having a go at fellow fans.

I do not think any fans want him to fail, he just has failed therefore we need to replace.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 01:58 PM
How did we fluke it on penalties? We scored more....Hows that a fluke? Its an objective measure of success (not performance).

We created zero clear cut chances. Killy opened us up a few times and if they had been clinical then they would have won 2 or 3 nil. An injustice that we went through on the back of that showing.

Since452
26-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Did anyone expect us to play like Barcelona last night? Low on confidence, just lost a derby, venue where we'd just been beaten. We won the tie thats all that matters in knock out football. You'd think Killie had battered us and had 20 shots on target. They had the same as us. How many thought we'd go down to Rugby Park and knock them out the cup? Not many i guess. We did so couldn't give a **** if it was with 2 shots on target or 200.

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 02:09 PM
Horrendous eh.

Oh aye. I’m ashamed that we won to be honest. Unlike the Jambos. They fully deserved their win as they’re quite simply an outstanding team.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 02:13 PM
Oh aye. I’m ashamed that we won to be honest. Unlike the Jambos. They fully deserved their win as they’re quite simply an outstanding team.

The same Hearts team that deserved to win v us aye?

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 02:14 PM
The same Hearts team that deserved to win v us aye?

The very same. One of the best sides I’ve seen. And that Steven Naismith, he’s from another planet.

Hiber-nation
26-09-2019, 02:16 PM
We created zero clear cut chances. Killy opened us up a few times and if they had been clinical then they would have won 2 or 3 nil. An injustice that we went through on the back of that showing.

Nah, Killie created 1 real chance when we were down to 10 men. They were absolutely rotten and deserved nothing for playing so negatively at home.

We had far more possession and the same shots on target.

Dalianwanda
26-09-2019, 02:22 PM

Killie werent clinical you say, so were they unlucky or just not good enough to put the chances away? An injustice because Killie didnt manage to score?

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 02:22 PM
Nah, Killie created 1 real chance when we were down to 10 men. They were absolutely rotten and deserved nothing for playing so negatively at home.

We had far more possession and the same shots on target.

Don’t let that get in the way of a bit Hibs bashing.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2019, 02:33 PM

I can’t really remember Killie opening us up. They had a header at the back post from a free kick and that was about it.

Let’s no be exaggerating and pretending that we got really lucky. It was a poor game and they were as poor as us. Heckingbottom still, obviously, needs punted but that’s no an accurate view of the game.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 02:40 PM
I can’t really remember Killie opening us up. They had a header at the back post from a free kick and that was about it.

Let’s no be exaggerating and pretending that we got really lucky. It was a poor game and they were as poor as us. Heckingbottom still, obviously, needs punted but that’s no an accurate view of the game.

Two baldies fighting over a comb. We won the comb.

HoboHarry
26-09-2019, 02:40 PM
Fluked it on penalties? :faf: How does a team do that? You really are trying too hard.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 02:53 PM
Fluked it on penalties? :faf: How does a team do that? You really are trying too hard.

When you see Tom James penalty you'll realise why. I think he hit it with both feet. Maxwell well off his line for the last penalty as well.

Heckys Wheel
26-09-2019, 03:08 PM
When you see Tom James penalty you'll realise why. I think he hit it with both feet. Maxwell well off his line for the last penalty as well.

Have a day off man for f*** sake

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 03:08 PM

Like every other goalkeeper. We won, enjoy it. :greengrin

basehibby
26-09-2019, 03:20 PM
Delighted to be through to the semis so well done for a good result at a tough venue. He still has miles and miles to go to prove that he is up to the job though. An abysmal start to the league campaign with uninspired performances week in week out is still not anywhere near good enough. It could be a start - still mountains to climb of his own design though.

Hiber-nation
26-09-2019, 03:25 PM

Even by your utterly pitiful standards that is incredible.

Hermit Crab
Have a day off man for f*** sake

I was only answering a posters question.

Hermit Crab
Even by your utterly pitiful standards that is incredible.

Whats incredible about it?

Hiber-nation
26-09-2019, 03:26 PM
I was only answering a posters question.

Mallan's goal on Sunday was a fluke as well, shinned it and must have taken a big deflection.

Hiber-nation
26-09-2019, 03:27 PM

You are something else, a complete one-off :greengrin

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Mallan's goal on Sunday was a fluke as well, shinned it and must have taken a big deflection.

No, that was a good strike, he tried something similar last night in the second half. Luckily there was nobody in the lower tier.

One Day Soon
26-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Delighted we're in a semi.

Fear we will pay a high price for last night's result.

Would happily see PH stay as manager if he completely changes our style of play, somehow shores up our midfield and starts climbing the league rapidly.

He won't, so the faster he's gone the better. If he does then great. But he won't.

Vault Boy
26-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Glad we're through. A 0-0 draw against post-Clarke Killie isn't anything to write home about, but in the context of our form this season, I'll take it.

Man Down Under
26-09-2019, 03:53 PM
This was the first game I didn't get up to watch in a while (New Zealand time). I'm glad we got through but winning on penalties after extra time isn't a good game to base the future on.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

Dalianwanda
26-09-2019, 05:22 PM
This was the first game I didn't get up to watch in a while (New Zealand time). I'm glad we got through but winning on penalties after extra time isn't a good game to base the future on.

Winning any away tie in the cup is a good result IMO........In isolation well done Heckingbottom

H18 SFR
26-09-2019, 05:32 PM
Something that I noticed was the manner in which the players and staff embraced Hecky after the game. The guy is clearly liked and respected by all the players and staff. Maybe we are all jumping the gun a bit, time will tell.

hhibs
26-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Two baldies fighting over a comb. We won the comb.

interesting and accurate comparison .

hhibs
26-09-2019, 05:55 PM
Delighted we're in a semi.

Fear we will pay a high price for last night's result.

Would happily see PH stay as manager if he completely changes our style of play, somehow shores up our midfield and starts climbing the league rapidly.

He won't, so the faster he's gone the better. If he does then great. But he won't.

:top marks

Wilson
26-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Something that I noticed was the manner in which the players and staff embraced Hecky after the game. The guy is clearly liked and respected by all the players and staff. Maybe we are all jumping the gun a bit, time will tell.

I'm not jumping the gun at all. If performances and results aren't good enough then I'll say so. It didn't matter if it was Sauzee, Lennon, and now Heck. Results and performances haven't been and aren't good enough.

If folk are happy to turn up and watch poor players, playing bland football, and achieving poor results then why should the club push for more? Some people hate to be critical of the club but we know what our club is and where it should be. Who is holding the club to that standard if not us?

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 07:12 PM
I'm not jumping the gun at all. If performances and results aren't good enough then I'll say so. It didn't matter if it was Sauzee, Lennon, and now Heck. Results and performances haven't been and aren't good enough.

If folk are happy to turn up and watch poor players, playing bland football, and achieving poor results then why should the club push for more? Some people hate to be critical of the club but we know what our club is and where it should be. Who is holding the club to that standard if not us?

I think it was more aimed at all the stories people have been making up about how such and such a player hates him and such and such think he’s a joke etc.

Here’s Lucy!
26-09-2019, 07:22 PM

You are something else, a complete one-off :greengrin

Personally, I think HC is pretty barry.

Is it just me?

Percy Vere
26-09-2019, 07:41 PM
I like him.
I think it’s fair enough to voice an opinion but the personal stuff is out of order. Also seems like some will never be happy.
We won a quarter final but lots of criticism.
Mallan scores a stunner but it came off his shin and must’ve had a huge deflection.
I sometimes wonder if folk know the meaning of supporting a team.
Imagine being at your work and getting heckled and told your rubbish every two minutes.
I know the football isn’t what we want at the moment but let’s give credit when it’s due.

Hiber-nation
26-09-2019, 07:42 PM
I like him.
I think it’s fair enough to voice an opinion but the personal stuff is out of order. Also seems like some will never be happy.
We won a quarter final but lots of criticism.
Mallan scores a stunner but it came off his shin and must’ve had a huge deflection.
I sometimes wonder if folk know the meaning of supporting a team.
Imagine being at your work and getting heckled and told your rubbish every two minutes.
I know the football isn’t what we want at the moment but let’s give credit when it’s due.

Erm...it was meant to be a dig at Hermit :wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2019, 07:42 PM

Whats incredible is they hit the woodwork with a cross, and never troubled the keeper with another shot or header over 120 minutes, how is that unlucky?

I believe yesterday was his Duff Jimmy moment, and we are going to get more pain because of it, but both teams were pish, we were just less pish unlike sunday where we were more pish.

Nicho87
26-09-2019, 09:30 PM
Still stand by my point this morning. If he is saying last nights standard of performance has to continue we will get beat way more than we win.

Yes a win is always great. But some fans are just burying their head in the sand with a penalty shoot out win. Realise how far back this guy has taken us in so short a time, it’s scary

Here’s Lucy!
26-09-2019, 09:40 PM
Still stand by my point this morning. If he is saying last nights standard of performance has to continue we will get beat way more than we win.

Yes a win is always great. But some fans are just burying their head in the sand with a penalty shoot out win. Realise how far back this guy has taken us in so short a time, it’s scary

More tongues, I have, than a multi-tongued snake.

Your point is perfecto.

He has taken us so far back, it’s untrue.

He has to go. He has to go now, not after Celtic and certainly, not after Aberdeen.

Two weeks wasted, if the ‘Heck’ is still here.

26-09-2019, 10:07 PM

Depends on what you mean by standard of performance. He was talking about the work rate.

Nicho87
26-09-2019, 10:11 PM
Depends on what you mean by standard of performance. He was talking about the work rate.

Was he though?

Maxwell interview as well referred to when we put a performance in like that, words to that effect.

Ultimately no where near good enough.

Man Down Under
27-09-2019, 03:26 AM
Winning any away tie in the cup is a good result IMO........In isolation well done HeckingbottomFair play, in isolation your correct. I guess it's the results before it that take the edge off it a bit.

Percy Vere
27-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Erm...it was meant to be a dig at Hermit :wink:

Just noticed that. Sorry