PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom still needs to go

DavidDavidGray
25-09-2019, 09:42 PM
I know, I know, we’re through to a semi final and I should be bouncing and looking forward to it. However I’m barely even excited because of the ramifications of today’s result. Another game where we should have been beaten, don’t think we had a shot on target all game. Can not let the lottery of a penalty shoot out keep him in a job any longer than he would have been had Kilmarnock actually been able to finish their chances tonight. Sorry for the negative thread, however really hope the board/fans don’t think that tonight should buy him more time as Hibs boss.

That said, bring on the Celtic 😎

Liam89
25-09-2019, 09:44 PM
Spare the negativity for a minute eh.

Bob1875
25-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Give it a rest ya cabbage , there’s a million threads on it

madabouthibs
25-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Strangely enough, Hibs had the only shot on target.

Cabbage-Patch
25-09-2019, 09:46 PM
I know, I know, we’re through to a semi final and I should be bouncing and looking forward to it. However I’m barely even excited because of the ramifications of today’s result. Another game where we should have been beaten, don’t think we had a shot on target all game. Can not let the lottery of a penalty shoot out keep him in a job any longer than he would have been had Kilmarnock actually been able to finish their chances tonight. Sorry for the negative thread, however really hope the board/fans don’t think that tonight should buy him more time as Hibs boss.

1 shot on target in 90 minutes. Kilmarnock should have had us killed off in ET. Eye bleeding stuff once more. We didn't concede some how but once again tumbleweed in front of the opposition goal. Celtic will hammer us on Saturday and in the semi unless Hecky is removed.

Zazu62
25-09-2019, 09:47 PM
All in good time. The board will probably be eyeing up a replacement behind close doors hoping they don’t screw another appointment up

DarlingtonHibee
25-09-2019, 09:48 PM

Ffs, how about supporting the club.

Rubbish post.

Swedish hibee
25-09-2019, 09:48 PM
Well he's not. For now. So on you go to twitter.

DavidDavidGray
25-09-2019, 09:49 PM
Spare the negativity for a minute eh.

See if we’d played well and lost today, I’d be a lot more positive than having been rubbish and fluked a shootout win. Zero signs of improvement can not be covered up by a penalty shoot out. You got any faith we’re gonna go to Hampden and actually put up any sort of fight? It’s the danger of giving a manager who is clearly out of his depth more time because of a one off result where we haven’t even played remotely well.

Coco Bryce
25-09-2019, 09:49 PM
Hibs never had one shot on target during extra time.

Captain Trips
25-09-2019, 09:50 PM

Rubbish post.

The poster does not think PH is good for club so they are supporting the club and wanting what they think best.

Pretty Boy
25-09-2019, 09:51 PM
You are probably right.

However one result isn't going to decide his future. People haven't reached the conclusion he has to go based on a single result, it's because of a run of poor results and performances over an extended period. If we kick on from tonight and go on a good run then surely everyone is happy. If we don't then he'll go regardless of what happened tonight.

Let's just enjoy this one. It's been a ***** couple of months with very little to cheer about so we may as well enjoy a good result when it comes along.

DavidDavidGray
25-09-2019, 09:53 PM
The poster does not think PH is good for club so they are supporting the club and wanting what they think best.

Exactly. I want Hibs to do well, which is why I don’t think we can let this cover up how bad we were yet again. I want us to be able to feel we can go to this semi final and put up a fight and go into games with confidence. I have zero faith we will give Celtic a game under Heckingbottom. Glad to be in a semi final, just cannot let it paper over the cracks.

HUTCHYHIBBY
Thanks for getting us to a Semi, should pay for your pay-off, bye!

Squirrel 1875
I hope people aren’t thinking he should stay after that abysmal display. Absolutely turgid, eye-bleeding stuff. Killie should have put a few past us in extra time

makaveli1875
25-09-2019, 09:56 PM
He's going nowhere.

Captain Trips
I'm happy we are in Semi excellent stuff so in order to have a chance in said match I fancy somebody else in dugout rather than the PH stand back in amazement tactics.

Celtic can be beaten but only by playing almost the opposite of how we have set up.

Nicho87
Watched it on a periscope. About fell asleep. Nice to be back at Hampden as always but don’t let this fool you. We are god awful. 1 shot in 120 minutes. We have went so far back to Fenlon times it’s sad. 13k season ticket holders will decline, one visit to Hampden and a royal pumping of Celtic won’t or shouldn’t save hecky from the sack.

Dolce7
Don’t be ridiculous and enjoy the result irrespective what happens from now until the semi final the club must stick by the manager and show him some loyalty

Northernhibee
25-09-2019, 09:57 PM
If you tear into him when we lose, you have to give him credit when we get another trip to Hampden.

Sir David Gray
25-09-2019, 09:57 PM
By all accounts the performance tonight was pretty dreadful and we have yet another match without a goal.

I'm glad we're in a semi final but tonight changes nothing for me. He has to go.

Franck Stanton
25-09-2019, 09:59 PM
Wasn't there, open all mikes, sounded as if killie missed a barrow load of chances, especially from crosses into our box, rather than us playing well.Hecky still has to go

DavidDavidGray
25-09-2019, 09:59 PM
If you tear into him when we lose, you have to give him credit when we get another trip to Hampden.

Nothing about that performance earned him any credit. Nothing. If we went out there and deserved a win tonight, he’d have credit.

Captain Trips
25-09-2019, 10:00 PM

Well true to a point but that for me be it harsh was a law of averages win, it wasn't by anything new to say OK PH has changed lots of things so excellent.

It was the same pish with the only difference from other weeks equal pish from other team and touch of luck.

DickieDastardly
25-09-2019, 10:01 PM
Sorry still has to go for me, just not cutting the mustard in so many areas of the job.

Listened to sportsound tonight and sounded like we were poor again, in his post match interview on Saturday he sounded like he had run out of ideas.

allezsauzee
25-09-2019, 10:01 PM
I hope people aren’t thinking he should stay after that abysmal display. Absolutely turgid, eye-bleeding stuff. Killie should have put a few past us in extra time

Ahh i too long for a return to open expansive football that ultimately results in us getting knocked out. This grinding out cup victories away from home in cup quarter finals leaves me feeling empty inside.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 10:03 PM
Definitely.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 10:04 PM
Ahh i too long for a return to open expansive football that ultimately results in us getting knocked out. This grinding out cup victories away from home in cup quarter finals leaves me feeling empty inside.

What year was that you’re talking about?

HUTCHYHIBBY
Don’t be ridiculous and enjoy the result irrespective what happens from now until the semi final the club must stick by the manager and show him some loyalty

Well done Paul, good result.

hibee_girl
Winning a cup game away from home 3 days after losing a derby at home is not to be sniffed at. A clean sheet for the first time since the opening day of the league season.

Both the players and the management deserve credit for that at least.

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2019, 10:07 PM
Winning a cup game away from home 3 days after losing a derby at home is not to be sniffed at. A clean sheet for the first time since the opening day of the league season.

Seems like some have entrenched themselves. If we manage to pull something out of the bag in the next game it’ll not be good enough.

Mind you if we play well and get beat they’ll be happy.

Captain Trips
25-09-2019, 10:07 PM

Nothing changed tonight from the last few weeks so I can't say so much credit is due when I feel we played same as before except this time luck was on our side.

If we had played very differently then absolutely there would be hope but we won in spite of PH not because of.

CB_NO3
25-09-2019, 10:10 PM
We actually had a game plan tonight and it paid off. It was not pretty but all the players worked hard tonight. Vela and Doidge got pass marks and put in a good shift tonight. If anything it's an extra 100k in the coffers.

DavidDavidGray
25-09-2019, 10:11 PM
Seems like some have entrenched themselves. If we manage to pull something out of the bag in the next game it’ll not be good enough.

See if we play well and get something off of celtic at the weekend, I’ll give him credit. I was a massive fan of his up until Ibrox and it’s been such a drastic change since then. Isn’t an agenda, just an opinion

Sir David Gray
25-09-2019, 10:12 PM

We won't manage to beat Celtic without playing well so if we beat them on Saturday with a much improved performance then I'll be the first to offer my congratulations.

I certainly won't be happy to play well and lose.

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2019, 10:13 PM
See if we play well and get something off of celtic at the weekend, I’ll give him credit. I was a massive fan of his up until Ibrox and it’s been such a drastic change since then. Isn’t an agenda, just an opinion

What if we don’t play well and win (like tonight)?

we are hibs
25-09-2019, 10:13 PM
Papering over cracks. A potential new man in to take over in time for the semi finals hopefully.

My_Wife_Camille
25-09-2019, 10:15 PM
Heckingbottom Out

Captain Trips
25-09-2019, 10:15 PM

What if we play like tonight and lose?

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-09-2019, 10:17 PM

Jeesus! I thought Brexit was confusing! 😁

DavidDavidGray
25-09-2019, 10:18 PM

When it’s as bad as it was tonight then it doesn’t make a huge difference to me what the result is. They could’ve put a few past us and yet again we didn’t look anywhere near like a good team. If we’d snuck it in 90 minutes even then I’d be slightly more positive, but to have so little attacking threat for 2 hours straight of a game doesn’t earn him credit. No wins in 90 minutes since first game of the season, if performances improve then i’ll Be more positive. Don’t see that happening

neil7908
25-09-2019, 10:19 PM
We really need to figure out how to get the right combination going forward.

I'd like to see Kamberi and Doidge together in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. Our lack of threat going forward makes it tough to watch us.

I'm Spartacus
25-09-2019, 10:19 PM
Delighted to be in a semi, BUT live on national TV v Celtic on the big Hampden pitch? 75% of me wishes we weren't, the 25% will just enjoy the win tonight.

1875-Hibernia
25-09-2019, 10:20 PM
Just enjoy that we’re in another semi final. Look forward to seeing you all there!

Danderhall Hibs
What if we play like tonight and lose?

Loads of folk will be able to say “see I told you he still needs to go”

turn and burn
Hecky at the wheel! Imagine he won us the cup with his tactical genius that we just didn’t see and understand at the time with a squad of gems he unearthed from league 2.

I need my bed

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2019, 10:21 PM
Hecky at the wheel! Imagine he won us the cup with his tactical genius that we just didn’t see and understand at the time with a squad of gems he unearthed from league 2.

I need my bed

How many players were signed from league 2?

jeffers
25-09-2019, 10:21 PM
OK we are through to the semi which is good news, but penalties are a lottery and don't always bear any relation to how the previous 120 minutes have gone.

What would the posters having a go at the ones who think nothing has changed and still want him out be saying if we'd lost the shootout ?

we are hibs
25-09-2019, 10:22 PM
Loads of folk will be able to say “see I told you he still needs to go”

Do in your heart of hearts believe we will play well and get a result on saturday? You must realise how incredibely unlikely it is. Everyone wants us to show up and win and play great football but lets be honest. Its not happening.

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2019, 10:23 PM
OK we are through to the semi which is good news, but penalties are a lottery and don't always bear any relation to how the previous 120 minutes have gone.

What would the posters having a go at the ones who think nothing has changed and still want him out be saying if we'd lost the shootout ?

I’m not even saying he should stay but after reading through here, Facebook and Twitter tonight I’m sick fed up of the number of fans who just want to spread negativity. We won tonight - it’s a good thing.

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2019, 10:24 PM
Do in your heart of hearts believe we will play well and get a result on saturday? You must realise how incredibely unlikely it is. Everyone wants us to show up and win and play great football but lets be honest. Its not happening.

It’s unlikely. Unfortunately I’m a glass half full kind of guy that believes having a positive mindset helps.

I even fancied us to do something tonight. Sorry.

jeffers
25-09-2019, 10:30 PM
I’m not even saying he should stay but after reading through here, Facebook and Twitter tonight I’m sick fed up of the number of fans who just want to spread negativity. We won tonight - it’s a good thing.

Fair enough it is, I don't think anyone is unhappy we are through tonight, but are concerned that the win will give him more time, when by all accounts we were as poor as we've been in most of the other games.

RossScott1991
25-09-2019, 10:35 PM
We won, I’m happy. Will enjoy a good day out on the sauce in Glasgow. The game will likely be an inconvenience and the worst part of the day 😂 but it is what it is. Who knows we could have a new man by then.

chrisski33
25-09-2019, 10:40 PM

Rubbish post.

Why he's not supporting the club? One win doesnt paper over the cracks. Like all fans he wants best for the club if that means heckingbottom isn't the man to be manager so be it.

allezsauzee
25-09-2019, 10:46 PM
What year was that you’re talking about?

With Hibs there are just too many to choose from. How about we just enjoy a great result and maybe hope that it might be the result that sees us turn the corner rather than be desperate to be "proven right" that Hecky is a rubbish manager?

Sir David Gray
25-09-2019, 10:50 PM

I would highly doubt that we'll win against Celtic without also playing well.

hfc rd
25-09-2019, 11:17 PM
I’m just happy we won for a change. Definitely still Hecky out. Tonight’s win changes nothing on my stance regarding the manager.

Delighted with the win but Heckingbottom OUT

Onion
25-09-2019, 11:43 PM
Well done Hibs. Great to have another trip to Hampden.

And the extra revenue from the semi will help with his pay off :aok:

kaimendhibs
26-09-2019, 12:22 AM
Wasn't there, open all mikes, sounded as if killie missed a barrow load of chances, especially from crosses into our box, rather than us playing well.Hecky still has to goI was there. That truly isn't how I saw the game. Our defence played well and keeper had no notable saves apart from own. BUT, it's crap to watch and he needs to go

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 12:31 AM
Hibs never had one shot on target during extra time.

You have to cross the halfway line first!

Hibeebor
26-09-2019, 03:34 AM
I know it's been a dismal season, and people are clutching at this one sliver of positivity, but I'm baffled at how many of you seem thrilled with a nil nil draw? Killie are hardly setting the world on fire this year and I'm as worried about us now as I have been for the past month or so.

I want Hibs as a club to get it right, obviously, but my gut tells me that won't happen with Heck in charge.

LancsHibs
26-09-2019, 06:21 AM
If this had not been a cup game and finished at 90 minutes Heckingbottom would have quite rightly ripped to shreds on here last night for that uninspiring performance yet again. So pleased we won through on pens but does not change my mind on PH, in fact, more reinforces he’s not the man for the job.
I will judge him further on our display against Celtic at home on Saturday

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 06:22 AM

Absolutely do. The spirit shown needs to continue over a period however the day I am not happy when Hibs win a penalty shootout to get to Hampden is the day hell freezes over. :flag:

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2019, 06:24 AM
Just enjoy that we’re in another semi final. Look forward to seeing you all there!

You'll see some of us. The ''wont be back'' mob wont be there.

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 06:37 AM

Be interesting to see if he’s still in charge if they all come back out for Hampden.

Diclonius
26-09-2019, 06:41 AM
By all means an improvement on last week, but a 0-0 draw at Kilmarnock being an improvement is in itself an indictment of how far we've fallen. After two losses to Celtic and Aberdeen he should go and a new manager will have a semi final to look forward to.

Coco Bryce
26-09-2019, 06:45 AM
We actually had a game plan tonight and it paid off. It was not pretty but all the players worked hard tonight. Vela and Doidge got pass marks and put in a good shift tonight. If anything it's an extra 100k in the coffers.

Was it to not to have a shot at goal?

SChibs
26-09-2019, 06:46 AM
Wasn't there, open all mikes, sounded as if killie missed a barrow load of chances, especially from crosses into our box, rather than us playing well.Hecky still has to go

They didn't miss a barrel load of chances. They put the ball in the box but I can't remember Brophy being close to getting on the end of a cross. They had a few wild shots from the edge of the box too. Maxwell didn't make a save till the pens

Heisenberg
26-09-2019, 06:48 AM
Was it to not to have a shot at goal?

Im guessing it was to get through to the semi final of the cup.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 06:51 AM
With Hibs there are just too many to choose from. How about we just enjoy a great result and maybe hope that it might be the result that sees us turn the corner rather than be desperate to be "proven right" that Hecky is a rubbish manager?

No I’m desperate to see Hibs have a good football side on the park and not fart about at the bottom of the table. There was no corner turned last night, we got a bit of luck. I’ll change my opinion dramatically if we don’t get smashed on Saturday and get something up at Aberdeen.

Coco Bryce
26-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Im guessing it was to get through to the semi final of the cup.

Yes, and we should use the money from it to pay of our current management team.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 06:52 AM
They didn't miss a barrel load of chances. They put the ball in the box but I can't remember Brophy being close to getting on the end of a cross. They had a few wild shots from the edge of the box too. Maxwell didn't make a save till the pens

They missed two sitters at the end of extra time, both headed wide.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 06:53 AM

Hecky won’t see the Semi.

Since452
26-09-2019, 07:14 AM
Can we lay off the manager and enjoy a positive result for a dew days?

Gloucester Hibs
26-09-2019, 07:21 AM
If O'Donnell scores that easy back post header at the end we'd all raging at crashing out the cup with barely a whimper, barely landing a glove on Killie. Delighted to progress to the semis but he still has to go IMO. 4 points from the next 2 games and I may change my mind.. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
26-09-2019, 07:45 AM
By all means an improvement on last week, but a 0-0 draw at Kilmarnock being an improvement is in itself an indictment of how far we've fallen. After two losses to Celtic and Aberdeen he should go and a new manager will have a semi final to look forward to.

It’s only 9 months or so since we were on the end of a hiding and were all hoping their floodlights wouldn’t come back on so it’s a fairly decent step forward.

Squirrel 1875
26-09-2019, 07:59 AM
There was nothing improved about that performance. It was another ridiculously poor performance masked by a penalty shootout win. It has somehow got the happy clappers amongst us out in force claiming this as an incredible victory for Hibernian and an improvement. Unreal.

Danderhall Hibs
26-09-2019, 08:07 AM
There was nothing improved about that performance. It was another ridiculously poor performance masked by a penalty shootout win. It has somehow got the happy clappers amongst us out in force claiming this as an incredible victory for Hibernian and an improvement. Unreal.

I’ve not seen anyone say that? Obviously a few are unhappy we got a result but they’re ploughing on with the negativity anyway.

Hopefully the players can ignore the constant negativity surrounding the club.

Brightside
26-09-2019, 08:15 AM

Not one person has said that. Pipe down.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2019, 08:19 AM

There was a pretty substantial improvement defensively.

Was it grim viewing? Aye.

Do we still need to get rid of PH? Aye.

Has anybody haled it as an incredible victory? Naw.

But is it a good result? 100% aye.

And Killie were every bit as bad as us by the way.

Not In The Know
26-09-2019, 08:23 AM
I know it's been a dismal season, and people are clutching at this one sliver of positivity, but I'm baffled at how many of you seem thrilled with a nil nil draw? Killie are hardly setting the world on fire this year and I'm as worried about us now as I have been for the past month or so.

I want Hibs as a club to get it right, obviously, but my gut tells me that won't happen with Heck in charge.

Exactly a nil - nil Draw against, let's face it a Killie side nowhere near as good as last year, isn't exactly a season changer.

I usually can't wait for hibs games to come round but i genuinely was not that excited about winning last night. Yes i cheered the penalties but after the game my first thought was that's him in the job longer now. Sad but true.

On a plus side interesting to see what lads stepped up to take a penalty. Well done them and says a lot about them. Hanlon (who ive slagged) especially.

lucky
26-09-2019, 08:25 AM
Delighted we are through to the semi final, the revenue will make up from the lost home support that he’s caused us. I doubt there’s a Hibs fan on this planet that thinks we will beat Celtic. In fact most will be believed we will get hammered. Heckingbottom claims we’ve turned the corner but I suspect we are still in a cul de sac and his team are relegation fodder.

hibeerealist
26-09-2019, 08:58 AM
It’s only 9 months or so since we were on the end of a hiding and were all hoping their floodlights wouldn’t come back on so it’s a fairly decent step forward.

Seriously Paul?

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Can we lay off the manager and enjoy a positive result for a dew days?

For some folk that was a negative result by the looks of it.

1875-Hibernia
26-09-2019, 10:25 AM

Hopefully that calms a few nerves. Although after Celtic and Aberdeen game, I suspect pitchforks may be back out.

Danderhall Hibs
26-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Seriously Paul?

That’s a standard and witty response. Well done.

Beefster
26-09-2019, 11:54 AM
That’s a standard and witty response. Well done.

Seriously Paul?

MacGruber
26-09-2019, 12:00 PM
Heckingbottom absolutely has to go. Should have been out before the derby. Awful.

As for last night though, nothing but credit. Don't care we were poor, don't care they were poor or the game was poor. Don't care about chances created or conceded. Cup football, result only, name in the hat, job done. Away from home on plastic pitch too. Good lads.

Suspect it serves as a stay of execution only.

flash
26-09-2019, 12:04 PM

Someone's not happy we won.

1 8 7 5
26-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Yip, nice to have gone through. By all accounts we were pretty honking.

But we got a wee bit of luck, and that luck has deserted us all season!

However, going through should have no bearing on the situation Hibernian are in, in respect of the management.

loanheadhibby
26-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Heckingbottom absolutely has to go. Should have been out before the derby. Awful.

As for last night though, nothing but credit. Don't care we were poor, don't care they were poor or the game was poor. Don't care about chances created or conceded. Cup football, result only, name in the hat, job done. Away from home on plastic pitch too. Good lads.

Suspect it serves as a stay of execution only.

Last night was about getting thru. A year ago we played Aberdeen off the park and lost on pens. I for one am going to enjoy the prospect of a semi!

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 12:06 PM
Someone's not happy we won.

He’s not the only one either.

WeeRussell
26-09-2019, 12:11 PM
It may be yet another Hecky out thread, it may be very negative, it may not be necessary.

Unfortunately I'm struggling not to agree with pretty much everything the OP said :dunno:

Here’s Lucy!
26-09-2019, 12:14 PM
One swallow does not a summer make.

Captain Trips
26-09-2019, 04:12 PM
The outcome of another dross performance is we have ended up in the Semi final of the cup. I do not think any credit need given for that. We played no better than any other week and we are very lucky that it was in a cup match we played a team whom were as dross as us it is that simple. Give him credit because we played equally as bad as all other weeks just because we won due to meeting somebody even worse? No I do not think so.

Out the door.

we are hibs
26-09-2019, 04:14 PM
The outcome of another dross performance is we have ended up in the Semi final of the cup. I do not think any credit need given for that. We played no better than any other week and we are very lucky that it was in a cup match we played a team whom were as dross as us it is that simple. Give him credit because we played equally as bad as all other weeks just because we won due to meeting somebody even worse? No I do not think so.

Out the door.

This.

The best thing about last night is that its a month until the semi final. We should have someone else in by then (i pray)

eastmainsmsh
26-09-2019, 04:16 PM
ohhhhhh no he doesn't

ohhhhhh yes he ****ing does lol

Here’s Lucy!
26-09-2019, 04:39 PM
ohhhhhh no he doesnt

ohhhhhh yes he ****ing does lol

Not many saying that!

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 04:43 PM

Out the door.

Let’s be honest, we could have played them off the park and a lot of folk wouldn’t have been interested.

A lot of posters claiming that if he could start getting results then they’d start to back him. Goes away from home to a place we have a poor record and gets us into a cup semi final and unsurprisingly the usual suspects can’t see a single positive from that.

Captain Trips
26-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Let’s be honest, we could have played them off the park and a lot of folk wouldn’t have been interested.

A lot of posters claiming that if he could start getting results then they’d start to back him. Goes away from home to a place we have a poor record and gets us into a cup semi final and unsurprisingly the usual suspects can’t see a single positive from that.

The positive is we are in cup semi nothing else changed last night.

Hakim Sar
26-09-2019, 05:01 PM
We've all seen a few rank rotten Hibs teams get to semi finals. I'm not sure how much of an achievement it is at the present moment. Don't get me wrong delighted we are through, so in that sense congratulations to the boys last night including the gaffer. But I'm not changing my views after a dull 0-0 and winning a penalty lottery on a plastic pitch.

I want hibs to have the players and talent to play on the front foot against any team below Aberdeen and Hearts. It should be the minimum requirement. A 0-0 against Killie does not change the current sentiment.

makaveli1875
26-09-2019, 05:04 PM
He's not the guy for hibs, he was full of bravado about high pressing attacking football. What he's delivered is a shot shy team that hardly scores and concedes alot.

Here’s Lucy!
26-09-2019, 05:08 PM
He's not the guy for hibs, he was full of bravado about high pressing attacking football. What he's delivered is a shot shy team that hardly scores and concedes alot.

Don't forget the promise of fitness levels like they have never experienced.

He’s full of hot air, and talks himself into situations that he cannot escape from.

Percy Vere
26-09-2019, 07:46 PM

Rubbish post.

Ditto

Percy Vere
26-09-2019, 07:49 PM
The positive is we are in cup semi nothing else changed last night.

We didn’t ship any goals!
Surely that’s a step in the right direction.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 08:08 PM
We didn’t ship any goals!
Surely that’s a step in the right direction.

Better than the penalty win over Stirling I suppose 👍

One Day Soon
26-09-2019, 08:18 PM

Let's be honest, that's not true.

Onion
26-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Heckingbottom can't be judged on one pen shoot out against Killie. Just as he isn't being judged on one loss against the Yams. His leadership of team and club has been abysmal for months on end, so if there is any improvement that should be judged over a number of games starting with Celtic on Sat, then on to the Dons away.

PH's approach to previous OF games has been nothing short of disgraceful, full of fear and subservience as they were unbeatable and Holy. Little suggests anything has changed on the field but all will be revealed Sat.

jacomo
26-09-2019, 08:30 PM

Come on. This is as tiresome as your tirades against Lennon.

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Come on. This is as tiresome as your tirades against Lennon.

You just have to look around the forum to see that it's true. Predictably there's even posters that are disappointed we've made it to Hampden. Yet if we lost last night and never made it to Hampden they'd be furious. There's no winning with some.

One Day Soon
26-09-2019, 08:40 PM
Some people were so fanatically invested in the Lennon out campaign that their desperation for PH to succeed as his replacement trumps all available evidence to the contrary.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 08:47 PM
You just have to look around the forum to see that it's true. Predictably there's even posters that are disappointed we've made it to Hampden. Yet if we lost last night and never made it to Hampden they'd be furious. There's no winning with some.

Who on earth is disappointed? Stop making stuff up mate.

we are hibs
26-09-2019, 08:53 PM
Some people were so fanatically invested in the Lennon out campaign that their desperation for PH to succeed as his replacement trumps all available evidence to the contrary.

What about those of us who didnt like either and wanted them out :cb

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 09:04 PM
Who on earth is disappointed? Stop making stuff up mate.

I replied to a poster earlier (can’t remember who) who said that it was depressing to think that last nights result might buy PH more time. No two ways about it, there was posters who would have preferred a defeat against Hearts because they thought it would get them what they wanted quicker and posted as such. The same went for last night quite clearly.

They don’t want an improvement now. They’d rather we continued to get beat, he left and then the improvement came.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2019, 09:12 PM
I replied to a poster earlier (can’t remember who) who said that it was depressing to think that last nights result might buy PH more time. No two ways about it, there was posters who would have preferred a defeat against Hearts because they thought it would get them what they wanted quicker and posted as such. The same went for last night quite clearly.

They don’t want an improvement now. They’d rather we continued to get beat, he left and then the improvement came.

Everybody wants improvement. It’s a case of realising it isn’t going to happen with him there.

Am I happy we won last night? Aye. Do I still want him gone? Aye.

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 09:14 PM
Everybody wants improvement. It’s a case of realising it isn’t going to happen with him there.

Am I happy we won last night? Aye. Do I still want him gone? Aye.

And that’s the way I’d expect most folk to be. For your two questions though there’s definitely some posters who the answers go: naw and aye.

Here’s Lucy!
26-09-2019, 09:18 PM
And that’s the way I’d expect most folk to be. For your two questions though there’s definitely some posters who the answers go: naw and aye.

There’s no naw here.

He needs to leave, and leave pronto.

He can take his wheel with him.

lyonhibs
26-09-2019, 09:22 PM
There are none so blind as those that refuse to see. He's got to go and sharpish too. Let his swansong be an insipid thumping by a Celtc team that barely break a sweat.

Here’s Lucy!
26-09-2019, 09:24 PM

Apart from the Hearts defeat scenario, Calum, I too would have taken a loss at Killie last night, to get this absolute imposter as far away from our club as possible.

One Day Soon
26-09-2019, 09:24 PM
There are none so blind as those that refuse to see. He's got to go and sharpish too. Let his swansong be an insipid thumping by a Celtc team that barely break a sweat.

Some posters on here will require medical attention if the manager whose team despatch PH from Hibs is Lennon.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2019, 09:25 PM

Disagree. You’ve taken your position on it and are seeing what you want to see.

Nobody is unhappy we’re in to a semi final. People might be unhappy that it potentially prolongs things for him, but that’s different to being unhappy with the result.

Is It On....
26-09-2019, 09:31 PM
"They've turned a corner," [PH] the head coach told BBC Scotland.

Time to close thread?

calumhibee1
26-09-2019, 09:32 PM

Nobody is unhappy we’re in to a semi final. People might be unhappy that it potentially prolongs things for him, but that’s different to being unhappy with the result.

We’ll have to agree to disagree then. If you find the fact that a good result may prolong his stay here disappointing then it’s a fairly safe assumption that you didn’t want a good result as you would have known that would be the case.

You can’t be disappointed that a good result might do PH some good but also be happy we won. The two are closely linked and you can’t have both a good result that you’re happy with that is also going to make PH take a step closer to being sacked. So you have to have one or the other and some have posted about their disappointment. Much like the poster above who would have taken getting knocked out the cup to get what he wanted.

Here’s Lucy!
26-09-2019, 09:33 PM

Very true.

The result was just what we wanted.

The prolongation of our managers inhabitance is, without a doubt, the problem.

Get shot of this idiot, pronto.

Here’s Lucy!
26-09-2019, 09:34 PM
"They've turned a corner," [PH] the head coach told BBC Scotland.

Time to close thread?

Correct. :aok:

Duff Jimmy moment just returned to Easter Road.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2019, 09:35 PM
You can’t be disappointed that a good result might do PH some good but also be happy we won.

You can be and I am.

I’m delighted we are in a semi final. The fact that it might mean he’s around longer doesn’t please me though.

Nicho87
26-09-2019, 10:12 PM
Did he actually say we’re a better team with Scott Allan not in it, or have I missed something

One Day Soon
26-09-2019, 10:17 PM
We’ll have to agree to disagree then. If you find the fact that a good result may prolong his stay here disappointing then it’s a fairly safe assumption that you didn’t want a good result as you would have known that would be the case.

You can’t be disappointed that a good result might do PH some good but also be happy we won. The two are closely linked and you can’t have both a good result that you’re happy with that is also going to make PH take a step closer to being sacked. So you have to have one or the other and some have posted about their disappointment. Much like the poster above who would have taken getting knocked out the cup to get what he wanted.

You absolutely can. I would imagine a number of Lennon haters went through precisely those two conflicting emotions at times last season, probably also during the season before when they were irrationally hating him in the face of Hibs doing well.

Glory Lurker
26-09-2019, 10:28 PM
What about those of us who didnt like either and wanted them out :cb

Well said.

26-09-2019, 10:46 PM
Apart from the Hearts defeat scenario, Calum, I too would have taken a loss at Killie last night, to get this absolute imposter as far away from our club as possible.

Wanting us knocked out of a cup and miss out on a semi-final at Hampden. That says a lot.

MWHIBBIES
27-09-2019, 05:55 AM

Same as some will be absolutely gutted if he gets a point or 3 and stays on.

JimBHibees
27-09-2019, 06:02 AM
Some posters on here will require medical attention if the manager whose team despatch PH from Hibs is Lennon.

:greengrin

Todi114
27-09-2019, 06:50 AM
When Stevie Mallan smashed the ball in the jambos net from 35 yards were you jumping about like a lunatic or were you still sitting in your seat?
or maybe you were jumping around when Hickey scored the winner
Lots of clubs have changed managers and struggled

we are hibs
27-09-2019, 07:23 AM
When Stevie Mallan smashed the ball in the jambos net from 35 yards were you jumping about like a lunatic or were you still sitting in your seat?
or maybe you were jumping around when Hickey scored the winner
Lots of clubs have changed managers and struggled

Lots of clubs have changed managers and kicked on. I cannot fathom that any hibs fan would want him to stay. Thats not to say everyone that wants him out wants to see us lose for it to happen as some seem to think. It means realistically celtic will shaft us and we will lose at Pittodrie where our record is poor and that should be enough to see him gone. Thats not wanting hibs to lose thats being realistic.

calumhibee1
27-09-2019, 07:31 AM
Lots of clubs have changed managers and kicked on. I cannot fathom that any hibs fan would want him to stay. Thats not to say everyone that wants him out wants to see us lose for it to happen as some seem to think. It means realistically celtic will shaft us and we will lose at Pittodrie where our record is poor and that should be enough to see him gone. Thats not wanting hibs to lose thats being realistic.

Nobody has said that everyone that wants him out wants us to lose. The posters who haven’t declared that themselves I’d imagine don’t want us to lose.

Some posters have literally said that they’d accept defeat/a defeat is maybe the best result in the last two games. They’re the posters that want us to lose. They’ve literally said as much themselves.

Smartie
27-09-2019, 07:42 AM
We went to pieces after Hallberg went off against Hearts, but we've been much more solid in the past 2 games with him (and sometimes Vela) playing in front of the back 4.

In fairness to PH he's addressed our biggest problem - the midfield that you could drive a bus through. In our last 2 games we've seen a significantly lower number of chances created against us and that is to his credit. We've seen a few individuals put in much better performances.

Next up he really needs to improve the threat we carry in the final third as that area is now looking like the area of greatest concern.

He's also made a big call with the goalie which so far looks to have been a good one.

There's a long way to go before he's 100% won me over but it's good to see progress at last.

calumhibee1
27-09-2019, 07:51 AM
We went to pieces after Hallberg went off against Hearts, but we've been much more solid in the past 2 games with him (and sometimes Vela) playing in front of the back 4.

In fairness to PH he's addressed our biggest problem - the midfield that you could drive a bus through. In our last 2 games we've seen a significantly lower number of chances created against us and that is to his credit. We've seen a few individuals put in much better performances.

Next up he really needs to improve the threat we carry in the final third as that area is now looking like the area of greatest concern.

He's also made a big call with the goalie which so far looks to have been a good one.

There's a long way to go before he's 100% won me over but it's good to see progress at last.

I quite like the look of Hallberg. Nothing exceptional but think he looks a reasonable improvement on what was in there and hopefully there’ll be more to come.

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Nobody has said that everyone that wants him out wants us to lose. The posters who haven’t declared that themselves I’d imagine don’t want us to lose.

Some posters have literally said that they’d accept defeat/a defeat is maybe the best result in the last two games. They’re the posters that want us to lose. They’ve literally said as much themselves.

Accepting a defeat isn’t wanting us to lose. Not that I would ever want that myself but it’s not.

calumhibee1
27-09-2019, 08:15 AM
Accepting a defeat isn’t wanting us to lose. Not that I would ever want that myself but it’s not.

We’ll agree to disagree.

If you state that you think that a defeat is the best result then imo you’d always want what you consider as the best result. I can’t think of any scenarios off the top of my head where I wouldn’t want what I perceive as the best result to come to fruition.

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 08:20 AM
We’ll agree to disagree.

If you state that you think that a defeat is the best result then imo you’d always want what you consider as the best result. I can’t think of any scenarios off the top of my head where I wouldn’t want what I perceive as the best result to come to fruition.

I’m not saying the Calum, accepting a defeat is not wanting a defeat. It’s something I can’t understand either but just have to accept the majority including you and I want the overall best for the club and different people have different way of expressing their beliefs. 👍

hibeerealist
27-09-2019, 08:28 AM

This seems to be batting back and forward with no winners, yours angst would be better directed at PH and what he has done to our team (regardless of the result on Wednesday), rather than fellow Hibs fans!

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2019, 08:31 AM
I'm expecting us to get beaten in our next two games, i'm expecting us to get pumped on Sunday. How do i go about not accepting those results should they happen? :confused:

calumhibee1
27-09-2019, 08:33 AM
I'm expecting us to get beaten in our next two games, i'm expecting us to get pumped on Sunday. How do i go about not accepting those results should they happen? :confused:

You’ll be fine with not accepting Sundays result as there won’t be a result to accept. 👀

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2019, 08:36 AM
You’ll be fine with not accepting Sundays result as there won’t be a result to accept. 👀

Well done.

calumhibee1
27-09-2019, 09:02 AM
Well done.

Thanks hun.

One Day Soon
27-09-2019, 10:20 AM
Well done.

Did you expect a sensible answer?

We have to presume that there are a number of supporters who were incapable toward the end of the reigns of Calderwood and Fenlon in particular - but presumably Lennon too - of thinking anything other than:

'It will be great if we can get a draw or a win somehow today because that will be in the best interests of the club. In no way do I see any relationship between losses and the Board perhaps finally taking a decision to empty this useless manager so that we are able to trade this short term pain for long term gain in the best interests of the club.'

WhileTheChief..
27-09-2019, 10:24 AM

Still on about this?

Why on earth are you so worked up about what other fans think? You're on loads of threads banging on about it.

How about you just ignore these folk and give us all peace for a minute!!!

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2019, 10:29 AM
Did you expect a sensible answer?

Nope.

calumhibee1
27-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Still on about this?

Why on earth are you so worked up about what other fans think? You're on loads of threads banging on about it.

How about you just ignore these folk and give us all peace for a minute!!!

Or the easier option, you could put me on ignore. Job done, then you’ll not have to concern yourself with it.

Pretty simple really.

Unseen work
27-09-2019, 12:07 PM
I think the issue is that although we won, it was mainly the same issues.

Big plus is keeping a clean sheet and overall restricting them to very few changes. But we also created very very few chances throughout the game, we had a good spell when Scotty and Oli can rob where you thought we might create something.

I think the long ball is because Heckingbottom wants to try and get rid of the mistakes we’ve been making, he has said a lot about pretty football and how a lot is down to individual errors, since then against hearts and Killie we have went a lot longer.

The times it’s not being shelled long we need to pass it a lot more accurate and quicker.

I have also never seen a team pass it back to the keeper as much as us. It infuriates me and is so easy to play against

- James coming back put a lot more composure and technical ability into the defence.
- Porto and Hanlon looked solid enough
- Maxwell dome well again and got a clean sheet
- Horgan and Middleton need to do a lot more for me.
- Doidge won a hell of a lot of flick ons but no one got near him or took the chance and gambled.

Hopefully this gives the team a bit of a confidence boost and we see them kick on now, I just don’t see it.

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Or the easier option, you could put me on ignore. Job done, then you’ll not have to concern yourself with it.

Pretty simple really.

You’re losing the plot recently mate.

calumhibee1
27-09-2019, 12:29 PM
You’re losing the plot recently mate.

Never had it to lose :greengrin

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Never had it to lose :greengrin

Touché :greengrin

Percy Vere
27-09-2019, 01:30 PM

Unbelievable attitude.
Imposter! Your posing as a Hibs fan who’d take us not getting to a semi.
PH may or may not succeed but this constant criticism and malicious posting is getting really tiresome.

WhileTheChief..
27-09-2019, 01:32 PM

Pretty simple really.

Then I'd miss out on your other posts though!

The 90+2
27-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Unbelievable attitude.
PH may or may not succeed but this constant criticism and malicious posting is getting really tiresome.

It’s more tiresome the product on the park being absolutely and people trying to defend it.

Percy Vere
27-09-2019, 01:35 PM

What you’re saying is we would likely lose against Celtic and Aberdeen no matter who is in charge. But that’s a good enough excuse to bin PH. Get a grip. He should get another 4-5 games then decide.

Captain Trips
27-09-2019, 01:37 PM
The semi Final is month's away. Him reaching it IMO does not make or break him but always good for club to get day out.

If it is anyone's thoughts not mine BTW losing a game to get him punted well there are plenty of them without a prize of a semi final.

We have made it to the Semi in spite of PH not because.

Here’s Lucy!
27-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Unbelievable attitude.
You may find it unbelievable, I don’t.

The Hearts defeat was a sickener, and something none of us wanted. In the short-term however, losing to Kilmarnock just may have been the straw that broke the camels back, and thus we get rid of PH.

It’s an opinion based forum, you have yours and I have mine. They are not mutually exclusive.

My next opinion is that I now deserve a coffee. That ok with you?

Percy Vere
27-09-2019, 01:42 PM
It’s more tiresome the product on the park being absolutely and people trying to defend it.

I’m not on here saying the product is great. It clearly isn’t. But I do object to constant criticism of players and managers, some of it personal and I’ll informed. From so called supporters.
It’s been poor but he doesn’t deserve being torn down even after a win and progression in the cup at a ground we traditionally take very little from!
Too easy to blame the manager for everything and not play our own part in helping the team on the pitch.
I’d love him to turn it around and for Hibs to start playing more positive football and make all the doom mongers eat their words.

Here’s Lucy!
27-09-2019, 01:43 PM
We have made it to the Semi in spite of PH not because.

Absolutely spot on. :aok:

Percy Vere
27-09-2019, 01:43 PM
You may find it unbelievable, I don’t.

The Hearts defeat was a sickener, and something none of us wanted. In the short-term however, losing to Kilmarnock just may have been the straw that broke the camels back, and thus we get rid of PH.

It’s an opinion based forum, you have yours and I have mine. They are not mutually exclusive.

My next opinion is that I now deserve a coffee. That ok with you?

Well at least I’m entitled to my opinion... thanks.
But I for one will never wish a defeat in Hibs.
Think that’s called being a supporter.

Here’s Lucy!
27-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Well at least I’m entitled to my opinion... thanks.
But I for one will never wish a defeat in Hibs.
Think that’s called being a supporter.

The greater good can sometimes only be achieved by the loss of something less important.

hhibs
27-09-2019, 03:26 PM
What you’re saying is we would likely lose against Celtic and Aberdeen no matter who is in charge. But that’s a good enough excuse to bin PH. Get a grip. He should get another 4-5 games then decide.

Just how far in the grubber are you prepared to let us go?

You are beyond being a happy clapper if you would allow this ,so he gets another 4-5 games even if we continue to slide ?

we are hibs
27-09-2019, 05:03 PM

No. I didnt say that at all. The mans a clown and shouldnt get another game never mind 4 or 5.

Here’s Lucy!
27-09-2019, 05:14 PM
No. I didnt say that at all. The mans a clown and shouldnt get another game never mind 4 or 5.

Just how far in the grubber are you prepared to let us go?

You are beyond being a happy clapper if you would allow this ,so he gets another 4-5 games even if we continue to slide ?

Well said, chaps.

You’ve both, more or less, said what I was trying to get over to Percy about four hours ago.

He was having none of it. :confused:

Coco Bryce
28-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Massive game for Hecky today.

OK we might not win but a decent high pressing in their faces formation is a must.

Last chance saloon.

coldingham hibs
28-09-2019, 09:49 AM
Quite simply we cannot afford to lose. We could be bottom of the league today.

bigwheel
28-09-2019, 09:53 AM

these are not the games that define our season..I agree we need to start going on a run of picking up points though ..

I’m looking for a battling performance and creating some decent chances.

Since90+2
28-09-2019, 09:55 AM
The likelihood is we will lose our next 2 games and be bottom of the league. We will be 8 games into the season by then and that's completely unacceptable.

I think he will get the boot but the club know we are likely to lose to Celtic and Aberdeen regardless and don't want to bring in a new manager who would get off to a losing start. He will go after the Aberdeen game imo.

GreenCastle
28-09-2019, 09:57 AM
I think as always it really depends how we approach the game.

This for me has been the most frustrating part of Heckys time as a manager. The false promises of style.

We should always try be on the front foot.

I don’t want to see Maxwell hoof it to Flo it Doidge every time.

I want to see us keeping the ball and creating chances. This season we often give the ball away very easily and gone have the days of our midfield dominating.

Celtic are flying right now so after our extra time exploits the other day I hope we are ready for them.

Since452
28-09-2019, 09:58 AM

We'll lose this game but hopefully a bit of fight about the team

bigwheel
28-09-2019, 10:00 AM
My opinion has changed a little...I actually think he is a decent coach...that said, he has signed very poorly - so he doesn’t have the players to compete well in this league ..that is the big mistake he has made - and will likely see him out of a job soon ..

I’d still love to see him turn it around ...although admit it is highly unlikely

Captain Trips
28-09-2019, 10:00 AM
OK PH show us, take the game to Celtic, show us something new, let's give it a go at home. Hibs are a club that fears nobody at Easter Road so I wish to see that.

Start today show us there is something to offer.

WhileTheChief..
28-09-2019, 10:07 AM
My opinion has changed a little...I actually think he is a decent coach...that said, he has signed very poorly - so he doesn’t have the players to compete well in this league ..that is the big mistake he has made - and will likely see him out of a job soon ..

I’d still love to see him turn it around ...although admit it is highly unlikely

I’ve read a few people on here saying he’s a good coach.

Not trying to be smart here, but how do you know?

I mean, how can any of us know what he’s like working with the players and what impact he’s having on them?

The results on the pitch suggest otherwise so I’m wondering if it’s just a polite way of saying he’s a crap manager?!!

bigwheel
28-09-2019, 10:12 AM
I’ve read a few people on here saying he’s a good coach.

Not trying to be smart here, but how do you know?

I mean, how can any of us know what he’s like working with the players and what impact he’s having on them?

The results on the pitch suggest otherwise so I’m wondering if it’s just a polite way of saying he’s a crap manager?!!

We don’t. It’s a football forum opinion...like almost everything on here

And no. I was using coach in the reference to Head Coach, not suggesting he can’t do parts of the job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-09-2019, 10:13 AM
A hammering today and he'll be gone with Scott Gemmill as new manager, you read it here first 😏👍

tonyrougier123
28-09-2019, 10:18 AM
these are not the games that define our season..I agree we need to start going on a run of picking up points though ..

Needs a win more than a performance at this stage bigwheel, that's the cold hard truth!

If he sets up to have a go we would probably have more of a chance than sitting off and waiting for the inevitable.

Its a massive if though!

Speedway
28-09-2019, 10:38 AM
A hammering today and he'll be gone with Scott Gemmill as new manager, you read it here first 😏👍

Nah.

J-C
28-09-2019, 10:54 AM

I'd take that.

SunshineOnLeith
28-09-2019, 10:56 AM

Not having a go because you're right, but Christ that's depressing.

bigwheel
28-09-2019, 10:57 AM
Needs a win more than a performance at this stage bigwheel, that's the cold hard truth!

If he sets up to have a go we would probably have more of a chance than sitting off and waiting for the inevitable.

Its a massive if though!

You’re right of course ..I guess I see Celtic as so strong that it is highly unlikely ...agree - I’d much prefer to have a go , that get beat 2 nil after a defensive performance

Betty Boop
28-09-2019, 11:04 AM

Scott Gemmill nah no thanks

Coco Bryce
28-09-2019, 11:19 AM
That team selection is a shocker!

I really fear for us today.

hibIBZ
28-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Great battling performance today. The determination and desire was there for maybe the first time this season. Some good performances all across the park. Well done hecky under the pressure that was rightly on him

Coco Bryce
28-09-2019, 01:32 PM
That team selection is a shocker!

I really fear for us today.

What a difference 2 hours make. Much much better today after the garbage we've been served up lately. Hopefully this might just give them a kick up the arse.

Well done Hibs.

Onion
28-09-2019, 01:52 PM
Great battling performance today. The determination and desire was there for maybe the first time this season. Some good performances all across the park. Well done hecky under the pressure that was rightly on him

Great to hear and a surprising point from the toughest of fixtures. Now let's see how this team moves forward against the so called smaller teams who all raise their game against us (Yams prime example) and how Hecky deals with the continuing pressure.

Squirrel 1875
28-09-2019, 02:29 PM
A plucky draw against celtic doesn’t change my mind on the man, but the team finally showed a bit of grit. Can we do it against the teams around us? That is the million dollar question.

heretoday
28-09-2019, 02:31 PM
If we get our absent faces back in the squad we'll see a stronger side for sure. I'm not calling for Heck to go. No way.

lucky
28-09-2019, 02:56 PM
I’d still change him. Ok we’ve got decent results in our last two games but we’ve been really negative. It will be interesting to see how he sets us up next week against Aberdeen. I doubt he’ll be any more adventurous but suspect he’ll try and scrape another point. The biggest problem that I can see is that we don’t create enough chances and don’t have the pace to counter attack. I can only recall Mallan having a shot on target today and that was just before half time. Today was better but he still needs replaced.

BlackSheep
28-09-2019, 03:43 PM
I was in the give him time camp u til the motherwell game, then I wanted him gone... I am still unsure that he is the right man for the job, but I’m a bit more sure that now is not the time to make a change, as he says they’ve turned a corner, the last 2 games, while turgid to watch at Killie and a better all round performance today, show that the players are beginning to play with more heart and a change now could affect that.

Alfred E Newman
28-09-2019, 04:13 PM
The players competed well today and deserved the point but ilt's hard to see us winning many games though. We just dont create enough chances with this set up and without an improvement in results the pressure on Hecky will continue to mount.