PDA

View Full Version : Hibs, Mickey Weir and Show Racism the Red Card

RIP
25-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Phoned the SRTRC office today to sign up for the 'Wear Red Day' next Friday 4th October.

Got an offer of materials for a stand/table for my office here in Perth. We have 2,000+ people on site so could get a few sign ups and funds raised.

I know St Johnstone are supporting this campaign in the local community but I'm not sure what's happening down Easter Road way. FranckSuzy said recently that Mickey Weir was trying to get a permanent advert at ER. The SRTRC office told me that Mickey works for them and that Sue McLernon is also involved.

Does anyone else have any visibility of what Hibs are doing?

Power
26-09-2019, 01:20 AM
Phoned the SRTRC office today to sign up for the 'Wear Red Day' next Friday 4th October.

Got an offer of materials for a stand/table for my office here in Perth. We have 2,000+ people on site so could get a few sign ups and funds raised.

I know St Johnstone are supporting this campaign in the local community but I'm not sure what's happening down Easter Road way. FranckSuzy said recently that Mickey Weir was trying to get a permanent advert at ER. The SRTRC office told me that Mickey works for them and that Sue McLernon is also involved.

Does anyone else have any visibility of what Hibs are doing?

I met Mickey recently to talk about this (ideas and next steps). He is a hard working Show Racism the Red Card ambassador.

Shame Hibs don’t have a home game around the official wear red day but that doesn’t mean something can’t be done during another fixture or a different idea altogether.

Requested a lot of material too.

Watch this space.

RIP
26-09-2019, 12:55 PM
I met Mickey recently to talk about this (ideas and next steps). He is a hard working Show Racism the Red Card ambassador.

Shame Hibs don’t have a home game around the official wear red day but that doesn’t mean something can’t be done during another fixture or a different idea altogether.

Requested a lot of material too.

Watch this space.

Thanks buddy. Hibs are playing Aberdeen at Pittoddrie on Saturday 5th October. I’m planning to pitch up with my Show Racism the Red Card T-shirt.

Might be too much to ask fellow Hibbies to wear Red against the Dons? :-)

Keith_M
26-09-2019, 01:17 PM
Could we have a 'Show Sectarianism The Red Card' day as well?

As much as I hate racism, Scotland appears to have a much worse sectarian problem.

I say that as someone that's not directly affected by it, as I don't adhere to any religion.

RIP
27-09-2019, 05:32 AM
Could we have a 'Show Sectarianism The Red Card' day as well?

As much as I hate racism, Scotland appears to have a much worse sectarian problem.

I say that as someone that's not directly affected by it, as I don't adhere to any religion.

When the 45 SDL EDL and North East Infidels came to Perth 2 years ago to complain about our mosque they carried Union Jacks and shouted ‘No Surrender’. The 1,200 citizens, church people and policians who marched against them had to witness Loyalist banners and slogans.

Two cheeks of the same arse.

Oddly enough the NEI came up to Easter Road for the Newcastle friendly chanting the same garbage. Appears to be their annual trip North. Uglier old men you’ve never seen.