PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Bartley

Fritz
25-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Flogging a dead horse here I suppose but watching the Livi v Sevco game on BT Sport and Bartley looks just like the sort of midfield player we're missing right now. Even getting forward at times! Still can't understand why Heckingbottom released both him and Milligan, we're crying out for a defensive mid who can put it about a bit.

hibeedonald
25-09-2019, 07:34 PM
He's been class, although only watched since 20 in

Pretty Boy
25-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Letting Bartley and Milligan go wasn't a bad decision in itself. Having no plan to replace them was.

hfc rd
25-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Was it not Bartley himself that wanted to leave due to a lack of game time? I agree though as it’s showed so far this season, Heckingbottom not replacing him or Milligan has turned out to be a diabolical decision.

He has done really well tonight.

hibsdaft
25-09-2019, 07:51 PM
Letting Bartley and Milligan go without a replacement was madness, but we've also not replaced Omeonga, who was our most important defending midfielder for the second half of last season. A class act who could win the ball then retain possession of it

Sean1875
25-09-2019, 07:53 PM
I like the look of that Devlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fritz
Letting Bartley and Milligan go wasn't a bad decision in itself. Having no plan to replace them was.

From what I've seen tonight and our season so far it definitely was.

GreenCastle
Bartley has done more in this game than our midfielders this season.

Exactly the type of player and character we have been missing.

Awful management letting him and Milligan go.

Booked4Being-Ugly
25-09-2019, 07:54 PM
Wee man was at the Livi/Aberdeen game on Sat and said Bartley played well and that Livi fell away after he was subbed.

Sammy7nil
25-09-2019, 08:04 PM
From what I've seen tonight and our season so far it definitely was.

In recent times Bartley really struggled to get in to our team and as others have said we are looking at him misty eyed based on his Derby performances. His performances against lesser teams were bang average.

Coco Bryce
25-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Big Marv playing a blinder for Livi tonight.

Miss him so much 😩

Fritz
25-09-2019, 09:48 PM
In recent times Bartley really struggled to get in to our team and as others have said we are looking at him misty eyed based on his Derby performances. His performances against lesser teams were bang average.

Nothing "misty eyed" about it. He never got in the team because the current manager didn't pick him. His performance tonight against the team that beat us 6-1, and his performance last week against Aberdeen, is evidence enough that he would still be an asset to us.

The_Horde
25-09-2019, 11:29 PM
Nothing "misty eyed" about it. He never got in the team because the current manager didn't pick him. His performance tonight against the team that beat us 6-1, and his performance last week against Aberdeen, is evidence enough that he would still be an asset to us.

This.

He wasn't necessarily an asset against the so called smaller teams when we had the famous Allan, Mcginn & Mcgeouch midfield but he'd fit into this team absolutely no problem and he'd probably be much better suited to the way we tend to try and play now, particularly off the ball.