PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PAT STANTON TRIBUTE DAY

RSS Bot
25-09-2019, 11:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10314)

DarlingtonHibee
25-09-2019, 11:51 AM
Fantastic, legend. Say no more...

lyonhibs
25-09-2019, 11:56 AM
That we are paying tribute to one of our greatest players on a day when the home stands almost certainly won't be anywhere near full and the team will meekly take a 3-0 humping whilst barely laying a glove on Celtc makes me predominantly sad.

KSA Hibee
25-09-2019, 12:15 PM
Great that Pat is being honoured by the club but the cynic in me is also wondering why it’s taken so long for this to be promoted by the club. Having attended a magnificent evening at the Usher Hall celebrating one of our greatest players, with no one from the club in attendance, I just think this is a last minute thing in response to some of the criticism aired after the event and the massive negativity and hostility now being aimed at those in charge.

I realise he also played for Celtic but could not give a flying f*** about them ... he is our Pat and if anything should have been paraded against the manky mob during the derby .. applause from a full house is the minimum the man deserves and not the empty spaces that will surely be seen against Celtic.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 12:19 PM
Is all the profits from the merchandise generated in the club shop going to selected charities too? Hopefully.

Peevemor
25-09-2019, 12:22 PM
Is all the profits from the merchandise generated in the club shop going to selected charities too? Hopefully.

They should donate the takings from ticket sales while they're at it!

I'll be raging if they don't.

Hibs90
25-09-2019, 12:29 PM
Just me thinks this is a bit sad really, that they are probably using this because they know the crowd is going to be garbage?

Could have picked a better day.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 12:32 PM
They should donate the takings from ticket sales while they're at it!

I'll be raging if they don't.

So you don’t think proceeds of new merchandise in the club shop on the back of this gesture to Pat should go to charity instead of trying to make it a money making cash cow?

Peevemor
25-09-2019, 12:35 PM
So you don’t think proceeds of new merchandise in the club shop on the back of this gesture to Pat should go to charity instead of trying to make it a money making cash cow?

The Pat Stanton themed stuff probablly will.

Not the rest though.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 12:35 PM
The Pat Stanton themed stuff probablly will.

Not the rest though.

Yes, that’s what I meant 👍

Stantons Angel
25-09-2019, 01:43 PM
Why are we turning a post of appreciation to our only living legend into one of negativity with accusations about the club and its reasons for doing this.

Pat Stanton deserves so much better from both the club he loves and us the supporters who are hurting right now.

Why cant you let him enjoy the day and give him your 100% backing that YOU the supporters back HIM the legend. We had a great night ran by the FPA at the Usher Hall and im sure you
will all agree that it was a long time coming for him.

You can argue black is blue about the thoughts of the club behind doing this now. You might think they have jumped on the bandwagon after the Usher Hall night, you might be thinking they are doing this to divert the negativity of the fans away from what we are having to watch from our team. You may even say that they are using our love for one of our finest players to get us on side?

who knows, but like you I have my own thoughts on the matter!

Right now I think we should be giving our 100% backing to the man for just being Pat Stanton and lets show him how highly he is thought of. Ok you are feeling down, you cant see them turning any corner, you have gone back the good old negative days of "im not going back" type sayings. Its hard for me to be angry at the negativity going around. I can understand how you all feel.

I just wonder if we do win this evening, how many of you walk away supporters will want tickets if we draw Hearts Rangers or Celtic in the next round.??

We DONT walk away from this we have to stay and fight along with the team our there. They need us and this booing has to stop also.
Some of our younger players will be scared to get the ball in case they make mistakes. Its really that easy..... the hostility shown by the support does get to them.

Anyway that's my slant on all that is happening around me as a Hibs' supporter. This is though MY opinion and if you don't agree with me then ok, we all see things differently.

This post is about Pat Stanton getting the appreciation he deserves and your the people that should be right there showing him just how much he means to us the Hibs support!!!

bigwheel
25-09-2019, 01:52 PM
Great to see a genuine Hibs legend being honoured in this way ..would love to see him given some sort of honorary presidential role in respect of his contributions...

Delighted the club are doing this ...

JimBHibees
25-09-2019, 02:01 PM
Great to see a genuine Hibs legend being honoured in this way ..would love to see him given some sort of honorary presidential role in respect of his contributions...

Delighted the club are doing this ...

Totally agree what a player, leader, legend and also a thoroughly decent humble guy who loved our wonderful club. :flag:

JimBHibees
25-09-2019, 02:02 PM
Why are we turning a post of appreciation to our only living legend into one of negativity with accusations about the club and its reasons for doing this.

Pat Stanton deserves so much better from both the club he loves and us the supporters who are hurting right now.

Why cant you let him enjoy the day and give him your 100% backing that YOU the supporters back HIM the legend. We had a great night ran by the FPA at the Usher Hall and im sure you

You can argue black is blue about the thoughts of the club behind doing this now. You might think they have jumped on the bandwagon after the Usher Hall night, you might be thinking they are doing this to divert the negativity of the fans away from what we are having to watch from our team. You may even say that they are using our love for one of our finest players to get us on side?

Right now I think we should be giving our 100% backing to the man for just being Pat Stanton and lets show him how highly he is thought of. Ok you are feeling down, you cant see them turning any corner, you have gone back the good old negative days of "im not going back" type sayings. Its hard for me to be angry at the negativity going around. I can understand how you all feel.

I just wonder if we do win this evening, how many of you walk away supporters will want tickets if we draw Hearts Rangers or Celtic in the next round.??

We DONT walk away from this we have to stay and fight along with the team our there. They need us and this booing has to stop also.
Some of our younger players will be scared to get the ball in case they make mistakes. Its really that easy..... the hostility shown by the support does get to them.

Anyway that's my slant on all that is happening around me as a Hibs' supporter. This is though MY opinion and if you don't agree with me then ok, we all see things differently.

This post is about Pat Stanton getting the appreciation he deserves and your the people that should be right there showing him just how much he means to us the Hibs support!!!

Great post totally agree.

Bangkok Hibby
25-09-2019, 02:15 PM

What a good post...thank you, there's something in my eye just now! I am 100% an old cynic but I agree with every word. I won't be there (I never am these days) but my thoughts and memories will be focused on a great Hibby and childhood hero.

hibeerealist
25-09-2019, 02:25 PM

God deserves all the accolades and credit for not only what he gave us on the pitch but as a man, you could not meet a more genuine or lovely person and I certainly have no wish to be negative about Saturday's tribute, however, I cannot help thinking someone at the club has pulled a stroke here. There are considerable numbers of ST holders stating they will not be there on Saturday, myself & 5 of the family included, then HFC put this out. I seriously wonder when Pat was approached about this as it appears rather convenient for the club to hold this on Saturday. Yes I know it is against Celtic so it fits but when was it arranged/agreed????

WoreTheGreen
25-09-2019, 02:58 PM
God deserves all the accolades and credit for not only what he gave us on the pitch but as a man, you could not meet a more genuine or lovely person and I certainly have no wish to be negative about Saturday's tribute, however, I cannot help thinking someone at the club has pulled a stroke here. There are considerable numbers of ST holders stating they will not be there on Saturday, myself & 5 of the family included, then HFC put this out. I seriously wonder when Pat was approached about this as it appears rather convenient for the club to hold this on Saturday. Yes I know it is against Celtic so it fits but when was it arranged/agreed????

It was arranged weeks ago

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 03:04 PM

I wonder why he didn’t mention it on off the ball then when he was on?

WoreTheGreen
25-09-2019, 03:10 PM
I wonder why he didn’t mention it on off the ball then when he was on?

Was told by one of the organisers of his night and Pat being Pat no big fuss

hibeerealist
25-09-2019, 04:52 PM

Was it, why only being advertised now 4 days before the game?

Weeks ago, do you know when? Just saw your earlier response, pity the guys who arranged it did not let us all know it was coming up as some of us have saw it as something quickly arranged.

WoreTheGreen
25-09-2019, 05:07 PM
To be honest I think the club was embarrassed into making some sort of gesture as the way Pat has been treated by the club another massive PR disaster

hibeerealist
25-09-2019, 05:18 PM
To be honest I think the club was embarrassed into making some sort of gesture as the way Pat has been treated by the club another massive PR disaster

Yes it is he is a club legend and some of them forget that.

WoreTheGreen
25-09-2019, 05:25 PM
A guy I know is a member of the Edinburgh Suite his job is of the nature he HAS to go to the pbs he told me we’re a shambles and they are streets ahead.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Was told by one of the organisers of his night and Pat being Pat no big fuss

👍 thanks.