PDA

View Full Version : Team vs Kilmarnock

Unseen work
24-09-2019, 10:41 PM
What do we think?

Heckingbottom has said in his interview there might be a couple of changes with folk getting a chance due to underperformers and players needing a rest.

For me I can see

......................Maxwell..................

James.....Porteous.......Jackson......Stevenson... .

..............Mallan..........Vela.....

Middleton.........Allan..........Murray/Newell...

.........................Doidge........

Tbh I wouldn’t be overly against that team as I think Hallberg and Naismith will be tired.

Horgan and Kamberi haven’t done enough the past couple of games and their replacements have sat tight.

James will bring good quality on the ball from defence and be able to create opportunities with his passing and crossing.

It crossed my mind if Allan might be rested? Which wouldn’t go down well I wouldn’t imagine and go into the game with a central 3 of Mallan, Vela and Hallberg.

Middleton looked very sharp when he came on and had a good trip away with the 20s.

Newell and Murray deserve a chance on the wing as we’ve not done enough.

Doidge like I said on another thread I expect to come good, if he scores and gets a run I can see him kicking on.

elevengoats
24-09-2019, 10:52 PM
No way should Mallan play so deep again. Gotta be Vela and Halberg in CM.

JackHibs
25-09-2019, 12:17 AM
-----------------Rocky------------

-------Porto -- Jackson -- Hanlon------
Naisy ------------------------------ Lewy

-----------Mallan-----Halberg ------------
------------------Allan--------------------

------------Doidge--Kamberi ---------------

3-5-2, doubt it will happen but would love to see it. Gives us more solidity at the back, Allan more freedom and Kamberi a strike partner.
Don't think Vela should be anywhere near the team

monktonharp
25-09-2019, 12:24 AM
I think he has a hard neck, if he thinks players need a rest. some o' them need a kick up the arse and he should ken that. It's job on the line afterall. not that I blame the players but that is a silly statement .

MacGruber
25-09-2019, 05:18 AM
............Maxwell

.... Porteous..Jackson...Hanlon....

............James...

Murray....Allan....Hallberg.....Middleton

.......Doidge.... Kamberi

DJ HIBBY
25-09-2019, 05:38 AM
Sunday showed to me that it’s the position and not Mallan that’s the problem. He looked more comfortable further forward and we lost the game and midfield when he changed back to defensive midfield with Hallberg was subbed. If we continue to play 4-2-3-1 then I would have both Allan and Mallan in the 3 with Middleton / Horgan / Boyle / Murray

My team would be

Rocky
Naismith
Jackson
Porteous
Hanlon (left back, I think going forward he’s more positive than Stevenson)
Hallberg
James
Mallan
Allan
Middleton
Kamberi

We need to play through the lines and stop long balls though as not only can Kamberi not hold it up but it also takes our 3 attacking midfielders out the game. Get ball on the deck, feed the 3 as quickly as possible and they will link up with Kamberi! That’s what we were doing first few games of season even though we weren’t great.

JimBHibees
25-09-2019, 05:53 AM
Personally would have only one change. Middleton for Horgan and play Glenn on left and Stevie right in 4411 shape. Killie are better now and have had something like 3 out of 4 clean sheets. Can see this going to extra time.

J-C
25-09-2019, 06:15 AM
Maxwell

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Hallberg
Newell

Allan

Doige
Shaw

4-4-2- diamond

MikeyS
25-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Maxwell

Jackson Porto Hanlon

Naismith RWB James LWB
Vela Halberg

Allan

Flo Doidge

It'll be absolutely nothing like this however with Hecky asleep at the wheel!

Stuart93
25-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Personally would have only one change. Middleton for Horgan and play Glenn on left and Stevie right in 4411 shape. Killie are better now and have had something like 3 out of 4 clean sheets. Can see this going to extra time.

You talk about killie getting clean sheets then say you can see this going to extra time, are you forgetting we’ve been shipping goals lately?

hibee-boys
25-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Bin the 4-3-3, we don't have a competent enough striker to play the hold up role well enough, or the sufficient pace up front to create any problems. The 4-4-2 with Allan wide was a disaster and we don't have the CM with the energy or drive to play 2 in midfield. FFS Hecky swallow your pride and go 3-5-2, at least make us hard to beat if you're not capable of producing an offensive team/formation.

Onceinawhile
25-09-2019, 08:03 AM

I can see Killie keeping a clean sheet, but us?:confused:

Teamwise:

Maxwell

James
Jackson
Porto
Naismith

Middleton
Allan
Hallberg
Mallan

Doidge
Flo

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 08:08 AM

Teamwise:

Maxwell

James
Jackson
Porto
Naismith

Middleton
Allan
Hallberg
Mallan

Doidge
Flo

I also agree we should go with this team.

jacomo
25-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Bin the 4-3-3, we don't have a competent enough striker to play the hold up role well enough, or the sufficient pace up front to create any problems. The 4-4-2 with Allan wide was a disaster and we don't have the CM with the energy or drive to play 2 in midfield. FFS Hecky swallow your pride and go 3-5-2, at least make us hard to beat if you're not capable of producing an offensive team/formation.

This might be our best hope at the moment.

Partyraiser
25-09-2019, 08:12 AM
Rocky
Jackson Porteous Hanlon
Naismith Vela Halberg Stevenson
Allan
Kamberi Doidge

Hibby Kay-Yay
25-09-2019, 08:16 AM
GK Maxwell

RB Naismith
CH Porteous
CH Hanlon
LB Stevenson

LW Middleton
DM Hallberg
DM Vela
AM Allan
RW Horgan

ST Doidge

Diclonius
25-09-2019, 08:20 AM
Irrelevant.

jeffers
25-09-2019, 08:24 AM
I can't pick an eleven I'd have any confidence in given the glaring gaps in our squad.

Hiber-nation
25-09-2019, 08:38 AM
I can't pick an eleven I'd have any confidence in given the glaring gaps in our squad.

Agree. I don't care who plays to be honest, every time I'm on the way to a game and I hear a team that I like it usually performs worse then the previous team.

One thing I would say is that Doidge surely cannot play up front on his own.

Forza Fred
25-09-2019, 08:56 AM
It would not surprise me if ScottAllan does not start, as a result of several changes made by Hecky.
I think Doidge is a certainty to start, either alongside Flo, or in place of him.
I also expect Jackson and Middleton to start.
Who drops out and what formation?
Who knows....I’m not sure even Hecky does.

JimBHibees
25-09-2019, 09:01 AM
You talk about killie getting clean sheets then say you can see this going to extra time, are you forgetting we’ve been shipping goals lately?

Totally get what you are saying just think it might be a tight game with little chances, don't think they score much also apart from the last time we played. :greengrin

Steve88
25-09-2019, 09:03 AM
2 up front is a must. Astounds me some fans still buy into this 1 up front with their selections

MWHIBBIES
25-09-2019, 09:05 AM
2 up front is a must. Astounds me some fans still buy into this 1 up front with their selections

Why does it astound you? One up front is perfectly viable and used my many top teams

Steve88
25-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Why does it astound you? One up front is perfectly viable and used my many top teams

See our prior results...

Hibernian32
25-09-2019, 09:09 AM

It astound's me as well, he brought in a number 9 to score goals and doesn't play him and I actually think both Kamberi and doidge give us more of a threat when they at together

Hiber-nation
25-09-2019, 09:09 AM

Not Doidge though!!

Steve88
25-09-2019, 09:10 AM
It astound's me as well, he brought in a number 9 to score goals and doesn't play him and I actually think both Kamberi and doidge give us more of a threat when they at together

I actually think these two strikers we have could work well... but the only time they’re given a chance together is when we’re losing with 8 minutes to go

1 8 7 5
25-09-2019, 09:14 AM

Its astounding people because Flo struggles (for various reasons) on his own up top

25-09-2019, 09:22 AM
F

This. If the manager would swallow his pride I would suggest the following:-

Maxwell
Porto, Jackson, Hanlon.
Naismith and Stevenson as wing backs.
Middleton, Allan, Hallberg.
Doidge/Shaw, Kamberi.

Such a change in formation would be huge step for this clown to take and I see he is in this mornings press saying ”little lapses like letting the Jambos take quick free kicks and short corners are really costing us”. If he believes that is all that is wrong with our team heaven help us. I don’t hold out any great hopes therefore of seeing a formation along the lines shown above at Killie tonight.

GreenCastle
25-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Its astounding people because Flo struggles (for various reasons) on his own up top

When the ball is punted to his head against Berra and he has to pretend to jump and win a header.

Said for a while Flo and Doidge can actually be a decent partnership but it’s what behind them needs sorted.

They only played about 45 mins together before Doidge was subbed earlier in season.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 09:26 AM
Not Doidge though!!

Surely he will win more goods up the park if it’s to his napper?

Steve88
25-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Jesus, is it just me or does the last several posts on here highlight just how obvious it is what we need to be doing and what’s not working... surely if there a “football manager for dummies” book this is in it..

Hiber-nation
25-09-2019, 09:49 AM
Surely he will win more goods up the park if it’s to his napper?

He's not that good in the air though.

Might work in a 2 with Flo but not on his own, it's hard enough playing up there on your own even if you have the attributes.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 09:54 AM

Might work in a 2 with Flo but not on his own, it's hard enough playing up there on your own even if you have the attributes.

He’s not but neither is Kamberi. We of course need two up top but will PH change his view that the shape was good against hertz? Highly doubtful.

GreenCastle
25-09-2019, 09:55 AM

Doidge is good at scoring headed goals and better in the air than Flo but he’s also decent on the ground and in behind.

Even his ex manager came out and said you need to find a way to play Doidge in behind.

He’s not a Grant Holt type.

Bottom line is him and Flo can build up a partnership if we went 3-5-2.

We don’t have good enough players to got 4-4-2 as we don’t have the energy in midfield.

We struggle with 3 currently (yes the wrong 3) so 2 in the middle is asking for trouble.

Smartie
25-09-2019, 09:58 AM

Many top teams yes, but I've not seen Hibs play well with one up front often.

Griffiths did it well, Killen did well.

The way we are currently trying to play is a very popular way of trying to play - I'v just never really seen Hibs master it at any point.

Flo doesn't need a strike partner but he does need support, players playing close to him and service that consists of more than punts to his head. They're all more important factors in getting a tune out of Flo than our formation.

Hecky appears to be trying different combinations of players, minor tweaks to the formation and waiting for it to click but I don't think we have the players to make it work, even if many clubs around the world do.

BlackSheep
25-09-2019, 10:23 AM

As many other posters have said, it doesn't work for us. Plain and simple.

Starting the season with 3 recognised strikers was a huge mistake, but persisting with 1 up top is a greater mistake.

GreenCastle
25-09-2019, 10:30 AM
Hearts tactics

Play 3 at back
Play 2 in front

Stop Flo and Allan simple by crowding that space.

ahibby
25-09-2019, 11:14 AM
As many other posters have said, it doesn't work for us. Plain and simple.

Starting the season with 3 recognised strikers was a huge mistake, but persisting with 1 up top is a greater mistake.

We tried two up and that didnt work either. Best i have seen so far is Doidge spearhead and Kamberi coming up from left mid.

MacGruber
25-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Think he now has to put faith in his own men (even if nobody else will)

Jackson, James, Doidge, Hallberg, Middleton, Naismith, Maxwell can all still potentially come good......... 😯

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 11:44 AM

Jackson, James, Doidge, Hallberg, Middleton, Naismith, Maxwell can all still potentially come good......... 😯

You would think considering they “speak all the time” the board would be asking why are the majority of his summer signings not good enough to start in a team that finds itself second bottom.

You missed Super Joe N from your list too 😉

Smartie
25-09-2019, 11:59 AM

I actually genuinely believe that all of those signings can come good.

Stick in a decent DM, or preferably move to a style of play that is less reliant on one and we could see all of these players make a positive contribution.

Ardenttwo
25-09-2019, 11:59 AM

Teamwise:

Maxwell

James
Jackson
Porto
Naismith

Middleton
Allan
Hallberg
Mallan

Doidge
Flo

Glad to see most are happy to see Stevenson binned. All he does is pass back or sideways If he rarely tries a forward pass it goes out for a throw in. Spoke to an Arbroath ST holder earlier on who told me in his opinion the two laddies who are on loan their are really good footballers but maybe just worth a punt. Anything is worth trying and must be better that some of the dross we have in the first team squad

J-C
25-09-2019, 12:05 PM

That is true but most of these teams have far superior players, they're either very good wingers/ inside forward or strikers who can play across the front 3 positions.

We have Horgan the headless chicken, Doidge who I'm not sure what he brings as I've hardly seen him, Shaw who's had the confidence knocked out of him and Middleton who's very raw.

500miles
25-09-2019, 12:23 PM
............. Maxwell
.Naismith. Porto. Hanlon. Stevenson
............. James
..... Hallberg... Vela
........... Allan
...... Kamberi. Doidge/Shaw

RossScott1991
25-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Marciano

RB - naismith
CB - Porteous
CB - Hanlon
LB - Stevenson

RM - Horgan
CM - Hallberg
CM - Mallan
CM - Allan
LM - Kamberi

ST - Doidge

Hecky to revert to last season system that had kamberi wide left to try get similar results

Will be totally wrong though

Here’s Lucy!
25-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Why are folk still putting Mallan in their team?

RossScott1991
25-09-2019, 12:33 PM

I put him in my team more because it’s what I think manager will choose as he seems undroppable, definitely doesn’t warrant a place though. Time to give Murray a chance imo

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 12:33 PM

He played okay on Sunday, scored and we lost our shape when he went back to cover for Hallbergs sub. I would definitely rather have Murray on the right ahead of him though but that’s not going to happen is it?

BlackSheep
25-09-2019, 12:36 PM

and insisting on one up front... we're no man city/liverpool/real madrid/etc/etc/etc!!!!

Play to OUR strengths not other teams strengths

CMurdoch
25-09-2019, 12:38 PM
We need to start playing Doidge, Middleton and probably James

The first 2 have had very few opportunities and the third has been injured but does have a full pre season.

Kamberi looks sharp and ready to fire but is being left totally isolated.

Doidge needs to be the penalty box striker with Kamberi and Middleton either side and working their way in towards or feeding him direct.
Allan can then be the back part of that forward diamond.

Vela, Hallberg and James can batter about behind the diamond in midfield

Jackson, Porteous & Hanlon across the back line

GK - Marciano

CB - Jackson
CB - Porteous
CB - Hanlon

M - James
M - Hallberg
M - Vela

CM - Allan
AM - Middleton
AM - Kamberi

ST - Doidge

The back 7 stop the other team scoring and link to and feed the front 4
Couldn't be any worse than we have at the moment.

Here’s Lucy!
25-09-2019, 12:39 PM
I put him in my team more because it’s what I think manager will choose as he seems undroppable, definitely doesn’t warrant a place though. Time to give Murray a chance imo

Exactly. Well said that gentleman. :aok:

and insisting on one up front... we're no man city/liverpool/real madrid/etc/etc/etc!!!!

And again, well said. :aok:

Here’s Lucy!
25-09-2019, 12:40 PM
He played okay on Sunday, scored and we lost our shape when he went back to cover for Hallbergs sub. I would definitely rather have Murray on the right ahead of him though but that’s not going to happen is it?

Indeed not.

Mallan, instead of Murray, will once again start tonight.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 12:42 PM
Indeed not.

Yep. As predictable as the rain.

we are hibs
25-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Just seen on the info bar on sky sports news that Doidge, Shaw and Middleton are all pushing for a start tonight.

Callum_62
25-09-2019, 01:26 PM
Id definitely be starting Doidge - not had enough of a chance to rate him either way for me

J-C
25-09-2019, 01:28 PM
We could go 4-3-2-1

Rocky

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Hallberg
Newell

Allan
Murray

Doidge

yerauldda
25-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Marciano
Naismith Porteous Jackson James
Middleton Allan Hallberg Murray
Kamberi Doidge

coldingham hibs
25-09-2019, 02:39 PM
We don’t have the right players to pick a proper team, every line up has flaws because we don’t have a proper midfield or forward line.

500miles
25-09-2019, 02:42 PM
We can't play Allan, Mallan and Horgan at the same time and expect to keep up with the oppositions midfield for 90 minutes. None of them are natural athletes. I'd expect Horgan to keep his place, because he's the only player who can drift wide naturally and Scott Allan is technically our best player. Having Mallan on the bench to replace one of them for the last half hour is a great ace to have up the sleeve.

500miles
25-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Indeed not.

If we're going on the strength of the Hearts game, you'd have a decent argument for Mallan starting ahead of Allan.

hfc rd
25-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Marciano
Naismith Porteous Jackson James
Middleton Allan Hallberg Murray
Kamberi Doidge

That’s the team I’d choose too although can’t see it. Heckingbottom will probably go with something similar to this:

Maxwell

Naismith
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Hallberg
Vela

Allan
Kamberi
Horgan

Hibeesmad
25-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Marciano

James
Porteous
Jackson
Stevenson

Hallberg
Mallan

Horgan
Allan
Middleton

Kamberi

Smartie
25-09-2019, 03:14 PM
If we're going on the strength of the Hearts game, you'd have a decent argument for Mallan starting ahead of Allan.

I was going to say that too.

We all know what Allan can do in the right team so I don't take dropping him lightly.

Mallan has largely been dreadful and I'd have dropped him ages ago but he's been dreadful in the wrong position. He showed what he can do if we gets the ball in the right areas on Sunday and an argument could be made that he deserves a chance to show what he can do in his best position, a position Allan has been struggling to play for the past month.

I'm convinced that either of these 2 would be our best player in their best position, with the right team around them and that both of them will suffer for being shoehorned in elsewhere in our team.

I'm also convinced that there isn't space in our team for the two of them - its one or the other.

500miles
25-09-2019, 03:23 PM
I was going to say that too.

We all know what Allan can do in the right team so I don't take dropping him lightly.

Mallan has largely been dreadful and I'd have dropped him ages ago but he's been dreadful in the wrong position. He showed what he can do if we gets the ball in the right areas on Sunday and an argument could be made that he deserves a chance to show what he can do in his best position, a position Allan has been struggling to play for the past month.

I'm convinced that either of these 2 would be our best player in their best position, with the right team around them and that both of them will suffer for being shoehorned in elsewhere in our team.

I'm also convinced that there isn't space in our team for the two of them - its one or the other.

I slightly disagree. If you had a player like Boyle who can work back and forward for 90 minutes, then there's space for Mallan to float around the opposite wide area, drifting into space, getting shots away or putting in crosses from deep. Horgan hasn't got the legs to make runs into the box and then drop back into position when we lost the ball.

we are hibs
25-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Scott Allan should always start ahead of Mallan. Mallan needs dropped. Outside his goal on sunday he done his usual and as soon as he was dropped deeper into midfield after the sub the game was lost there and then. He isnt good enough to carry. Thats before we even get onto the fact Fraser Murray deserves his chance.

SON OF PADDY
25-09-2019, 03:56 PM
I also agree we should go with this team.

Likewise!

Marvellous
25-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Marciano

James
Porteous
Jackson
Stevenson

Hallberg
Mallan

Horgan
Allan
Middleton

Kamberi

Why do people want Mallan played deep? His strengths are his shooting and passing; his obvious weakness is tackling. He is absolutely wasted in defensive midfield as well as exposed in terms of his weakness. It makes no sense to me at all.

He should be our furthest forward midfielder, he will score goals and create chances, he is as good a passer as he is a shooter.

heretoday
25-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Middleton should start. He looked bright on Sunday.

Smartie
25-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Why do people want Mallan played deep? His strengths are his shooting and passing; his obvious weakness is tackling. He is absolutely wasted in defensive midfield as well as exposed in terms of his weakness. It makes no sense to me at all.

He should be our furthest forward midfielder, he will score goals and create chances, he is as good a passer as he is a shooter.

Marciano offers us as much as Mallan playing deep in midfield. He's an absolute liability there and it's a crying shame that he's being hung out to dry there time and time again by our manager. He's a player with obvious attributes whose deficiencies are ruthlessly exploited being played out of position.

AlbertK86
25-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Marciano

Porteous
Hanlon
Jackson

Naismith
Murray
Hallberg
Allan
James

Doidge
Middleton

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paddy1875
25-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Allan and flo on the bench I reckon. Think he’s wanting punted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s Lucy!
25-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Allan and flo on the bench I reckon. Think he’s wanting punted

Before your edit, you said ‘Allan on the bench’ and you ‘think it’s all over’.

What is?

Hopefully you are referring to Hecky and not to Scotty?

paddy1875
25-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Hecky wanting the sack I reckon

Here’s Lucy!
25-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Hecky wanting the sack I reckon

That’s what I garnered from your post, I was just clarifying.

paddy1875
25-09-2019, 05:32 PM
That’s what I garnered from your post, I was just clarifying.

Sorry bud. I confuse myself aswell

MyJo
25-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

MyJo
25-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Maxwell

James
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Vela
Mallan
Middleton
Horgan

Doidge

Golden Bear
25-09-2019, 05:52 PM
Horgan should be used for the last 30mins only. He's a reasonable player but his fitness is below the standards to be expected from a professional football player.

hibsquaker
25-09-2019, 05:55 PM
Middleton is the slowest winger I've ever seen. I just hope it's fitness.

Weegreenman
25-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Midfield is honking ☺️

Gmack7
25-09-2019, 06:15 PM

Did you see Tony Higgins

hibsquaker
25-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Did you see Tony Higgins

No. I haven't seen Newell yet either. Why can Fraser Murray not even make the bench. It doesn't make sense. He's been only positive so far this season.

KWJ
25-09-2019, 06:37 PM

O'Brien's probably the fastest I've seen. They don't have to be rapid.