PDA

View Full Version : Genuine question...

Greenio
24-09-2019, 11:26 AM
What if we beat Killie, get a point against Celtic and come away with a win against Aberdeen.

Would you stop calling for the manager to get sacked?

If not, why not?

MacGruber
24-09-2019, 11:27 AM
Because I'd be spending my Euro Millions winnings 😅

Monts
24-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Depends on the performances.

makaveli1875
24-09-2019, 11:29 AM
What if we beat Killie, get a point against Celtic and come away with a win against Aberdeen.

If not, why not?

If he pulled that off it would be Heckys at the wheel all around . The reality is we will lose all 3 by at least 3 or 4 goals

Stuart93
24-09-2019, 11:29 AM

If not, why not?

All ifs and buts

It’s not happening

SChibs
24-09-2019, 11:31 AM
If we got the wins and point through a good team performance and there were signs of better tactics, team selection, etc then it would buy him more time imo.

FilipinoHibs
24-09-2019, 11:31 AM
It is the sort of fantasy dream I have when we have a good team and good manager.

sean04
24-09-2019, 11:32 AM
Would definitely buy him time but I think he’s past the point of no return. If he was to have a mini turn around then lose to a lesser team then he’s back to square 1. Beating Killie on wed and having something to look forward to would help but I can’t see it. Lose to Killie, can only see 1 outcome vs Celtic and Aberdeen seem to have our number so not looking good. Bottom for international break is unacceptable. For the size of club and finance he’s had during the summer it’s a disgraceful situation we find ourself in

On the flip side I don’t know if another manager could get the squad we have playing well. Jan transfer window is going to be massive for us this year

H18S NX
24-09-2019, 11:36 AM
I,for the life of me can.t see that happening,i still would want him gone,his teams,tactics and substitutions are a disgrace,he should be long gone.

madhatter
24-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Unless the performances are superb my position is unchanged. All managers, good or bad, can get a brief run of ok form. It’s called luck. We cannot, as a club, rely on luck.

Best of the rest? Haha the club are having a laugh. Eventually challenge the old firm :faf:

Silence from the club is ridiculous. Are fans that subscribe to HibsTV not entitled to the pre-match and post-match interviews?

MrRobot
24-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Said it already I would love for something to just click and Hecky turns it around with us playing the way he stated we would.

I can't think of any reason that a Hibs fan wouldnt want him to come good, other than to say i told you so. Unfortunately, I dont think this will happen and we will soon be looking for a new manager

ian cruise
24-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Needs to have the performances in all three games to go with the results, grinding out a couple of wins won't convince me he's turned it around. I was firmly in the "give him time camp" a few weeks ago but we just look like a team without a plan, something should have clicked by now.

A section of the support never took to him anyway so scrappy wins won't help him win them over. He's pretty much a dead man walking.

Anthony Soprano
24-09-2019, 11:54 AM
He would need consistency after that, but it's all wishful thinking.
The reality is we'll probably go out the cup, take a doing off celtic and lose to aberdeen, it's a matter of when he goes and the sooner the better

madhatter
24-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Needs to have the performances in all three games to go with the results, grinding out a couple of wins won't convince me he's turned it around. I was firmly in the "give him time camp" a few weeks ago but we just look like a team without a plan, something should have clicked by now.

A section of the support never took to him anyway so scrappy wins won't help him win them over. He's pretty much a dead man walking.

Other problem with scrappy wins is, even in the unbeaten run, most of those wins were relatively scrappy. We did not boss teams at all in my opinion.

We could’ve won the derby yesterday if luck had been on our side but it wasn’t. Would a scrappy derby win have convinced me that he’s the man for the job? No, we need emphatic wins with some style. Doesn’t have to be every week, you need to grind out scrappy wins as well but we need some confident wins now and then and we haven’t got that in his tenure for me. Take our game against Livingston last season, we were largely ok but got a result. Livingston had their chances and wasted them.

We are relying on other teams being worse than us rather than us being better than them. Things are so bad at the moment. I’d be delighted if he turns it around. I honestly don’t care who the head coach/manager is as long as we are winning and competing for things - Europe and cups.

Barman Stanton
24-09-2019, 12:06 PM
Unless the performances are superb my position is unchanged. All managers, good or bad, can get a brief run of ok form. It’s called luck. We cannot, as a club, rely on luck.

Best of the rest? Haha the club are having a laugh. Eventually challenge the old firm :faf:

Silence from the club is ridiculous. Are fans that subscribe to HibsTV not entitled to the pre-match and post-match interviews?

I notice they are also deleting any derogatory comments on the Facebook page. Not really sure what is happening at our club at the moment. I think that we are unfortunate that a transition period off the pitch has coincided with a complete collapse on it. Putting absolutely everything under scrutiny.

danhibees1875
24-09-2019, 12:09 PM
I actually think he'll beat Killie.

Then trounced off Celtic and Aberdeen to put us bottom of the table before he's finally gone.

To answer the question, it's time for him to go. The signings, the squad selection, the tactics, the subs - they all look so suspect under heckingbottom. At 1-0 up in a derby it even crossed my mind that any hint of Sunshine on Leith at the end would have been embarrassing - that's a shocking thought to have had while beating Hearts and said it all about the current state of play I think.

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 12:12 PM
I actually think he'll beat Killie.

Then trounced off Celtic and Aberdeen to put us bottom of the table before he's finally gone.

To answer the question, it's time for him to go. The signings, the squad selection, the tactics, the subs - they all look so suspect under heckingbottom. At 1-0 up in a derby it even crossed my mind that any hint of Sunshine on Leith at the end would have been embarrassing - that's a shocking thought to have had while beating Hearts and said it all about the current state of play I think.

We will lose badly tomorrow.

The Wireless
24-09-2019, 12:34 PM

If not, why not?

Get a point against Celtic... absolutely no chance🥴

1 8 7 5
24-09-2019, 12:41 PM

If not, why not?

Have you seen us? :wink:

Lets play out your scenario and say the above came to pass.... the first moments of it all going south again and within 5 mins the fans would be divided again. WE ARE THE CLUB. We were here long before ANY of those who run / own Hibernian, and will be for a long time after they are gone. Its hurts the old lady when we are divided.

Not for me. He has to go, and go now.

Hermit Crab
24-09-2019, 12:44 PM
Not happening and he'd still have to go. Another Jim Duffy situation.

lucky
24-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Makes no difference, as it would be a total fluke. The reality is we all know it’s another 3 defeats coming up. The guy and his signings are out their depth

GonzoReturns
24-09-2019, 12:54 PM
The watershed moment was the Hearts game to be out thought by Levein and for the players to be outfought no going back. He needs to go.

Pretty Boy
24-09-2019, 01:05 PM
If I get home tonight win the Euro millions then head to my bedroom and find Mila Kunis and Margot Robbie are sitting half naked waiting for me what would I do?

I assume we are playing a game that involves ridiculously unlikely scenarios here? I think the OP wins as mines is marginally more likely to happen.

JeMeSouviens
24-09-2019, 01:12 PM

If not, why not?

If he did that he'd at least earn a stay of execution for a few more games.

Trouble is, we all know he won't. I can't think of an example of a manager turning things round after this bad a transfer window and start to the season. Not just Hibs, anywhere.

Dead man walking.

Greenio
24-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Can I just point out that in 2013 Kidderminster Harriers lost the first five games of the season, they then got five draws, yet finished the league in second place, losing out on the top spot to Mansfield by just 2 points.

What does THAT tell you??

:agree:

HoboHarry
24-09-2019, 01:47 PM
If I get home tonight win the Euro millions then head to my bedroom and find Mila Kunis and Margot Robbie are sitting half naked waiting for me what would I do?

I assume we are playing a game that involves ridiculously unlikely scenarios here? I think the OP wins as mines is marginally more likely to happen.
Oh I don't know - I'll ask them to head over to your house when they leave mine if you want. Emma Stone will be with them as well if that's even better?

coldingham hibs
24-09-2019, 01:48 PM

If not, why not?

🤣🤣🤣 I’ll crack the jokes!

Here’s Lucy!
24-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Can I just point out that in 2013 Kidderminster Harriers lost the first five games of the season, they then got five draws, yet finished the league in second place, losing out on the top spot to Mansfield by just 2 points.

It tells me that Paul Heckingbottom has never been the manager of Kidderminster Harriers, that’s what.

Hibernia&Alba
24-09-2019, 03:05 PM

If not, why not?

If that happens, fantastic, and he will have earned the chance to prove we have turned the corner. But it's an enormous 'if' and very, very unlikely. Much more likely is that he's sacked no later than after Aberdeen.

Bangkok Hibby
24-09-2019, 03:14 PM
A league goal difference of -10 strongly suggests we'll get nothing from these next three games. We're struggling to score or even get decent ball to our forward(s) and can't keep other teams from scoring against us.

heretoday
24-09-2019, 03:18 PM

If not, why not?
Because I'm not calling for him to be sacked. I'm optimistic.

Golden Bear
24-09-2019, 03:20 PM
Genuine question.

"Can pigs fly?"

:rolleyes:

Sudds_1
24-09-2019, 03:25 PM

Margot and mila send their love....was out with them last night....riding on flying pigs and pink elephants 👿🙄

24-09-2019, 03:27 PM

If not, why not?

It is not worth contemplating an answer because it is a scenario that will definitely not happen. Get him out. What are the board waiting for?

SChibs
24-09-2019, 03:29 PM
If he did that he'd at least earn a stay of execution for a few more games.

Trouble is, we all know he won't. I can't think of an example of a manager turning things round after this bad a transfer window and start to the season. Not just Hibs, anywhere.

Dead man walking.

Obviously international football and club football are very different but Michael O'Neill had an atrocious start to his Northern Ireland managerial career iirc

rcarter1
24-09-2019, 03:39 PM
It tells me that Paul Heckingbottom has never been the manager of Kidderminster Harriers, that’s what.

In response to the original post, it’s a good point and sometimes things can turn around after a shocking start. Here’s hoping.

In response to the response...

😂💯👍🏽 made me laugh anyway..

Wilson
24-09-2019, 03:57 PM
In response to the original post, it’s a good point and sometimes things can turn around after a shocking start. Here’s hoping.

In response to the response...

😂💯👍🏽 made me laugh anyway..

Comparisons with Jim Duffy's reign are closer to what is happening at hibs. Where Jim Duffy filled the squad with Scottish lower league duds Heck has filled it with English ones. Duffy was a likeable manager with no clue how to arrest the slide where Heck has no clue full stop.

Kidderminster lost close games - one of them against the eventual champions - and made inspired signings to kick on. Hecks' hibs get routinely humiliated by all comers and have no money to sign players - and likely wouldn't trust Heck to spend it if they did.

This isn't Burr's Harriers 2013. This is Heck's hibs 2019. And I hate it.

Not So Young
24-09-2019, 04:15 PM
I have deliberately not posted recently trying to look at things rationally and calmly.

I had always thought it was the derby and league cup games that would make up my mind.

I still think that but am swaying towards he has to go, it would need an amazing performance tomorrow to make me change my mind. As others have said the next few leagues games are not going to help him

Sammy7nil
24-09-2019, 04:24 PM
I think Hibs will win tomorrow, he could win the cup and I still don't think he will recover.

Too many fans are against him they would be waiting on the next defeat to pounce.

IMHO he is a dead man walking

Turkish Green
24-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Killie are not very good under the Italian. A win tomorrow would make no difference to my opinion of Heckingbottom. Anyway Celtic will give us a skelping.

Fogzie
24-09-2019, 05:10 PM
Would definitely buy him time but I think he’s past the point of no return. If he was to have a mini turn around then lose to a lesser team then he’s back to square 1. Beating Killie on wed and having something to look forward to would help but I can’t see it. Lose to Killie, can only see 1 outcome vs Celtic and Aberdeen seem to have our number so not looking good. Bottom for international break is unacceptable. For the size of club and finance he’s had during the summer it’s a disgraceful situation we find ourself in

On the flip side I don’t know if another manager could get the squad we have playing well. Jan transfer window is going to be massive for us this year

Problem is, the decent players are not available in January. It is all players who are not getting a game for teams , so any aquisition is going to be a punt.

jacomo
24-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Problem is, the decent players are not available in January. It is all players who are not getting a game for teams , so any aquisition is going to be a punt.

Oh no, not this again!

hibeerealist
24-09-2019, 05:36 PM

If not, why not?

Give me a note of your lottery numbers mate, I can then enjoy the money and Hibees winning two and drawing against the Tic.

Oh and tell me what you are drinking too.

rcarter1
24-09-2019, 05:55 PM
Interesting quote from Heck on the BBC website about players taking responsibility.

Hibernian: Paul Heckingbottom urges responsibility from players

To me it sounds like he has been micromanaging and the players have been shackled.

If nothing else, I hope he lets the players just go hell for leather against Killie (for the full 90 mins + extras...)
Surely more interesting than current performances..

Hi Heid Yin
24-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Such a scenario would merely buy him some more time and put-back his dismissal date.
The guy's talk is so far removed from the walk it's embarrassing.
He might get his team of misfits to pull the odd decent result out the bag, but this would be quickly followed by a reverting to type - namely: dull, uninspiring and fear-driven football.

coldingham hibs
24-09-2019, 06:16 PM
Interesting quote from Heck on the BBC website about players taking responsibility.

Hibernian: Paul Heckingbottom urges responsibility from players

To me it sounds like he has been micromanaging and the players have been shackled.

If nothing else, I hope he lets the players just go hell for leather against Killie (for the full 90 mins + extras...)
Surely more interesting than current performances..

I’m sure he said similar before the Hearts game and see how well that went 🤔

rcarter1
24-09-2019, 06:18 PM
I’m sure he said similar before the Hearts game and see how well that went 🤔

I missed that.. Moment of enthusiastic hope over... :boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
24-09-2019, 06:20 PM
If we get through the next 3 games unbeaten and are into the semi finals of the League Cup then of course we would need to give him more time.

I would be astonished if that happens though, starting with tomorrow night where I fully expect us to lose.

TAHibby
24-09-2019, 06:42 PM
To answer the question, no. The last part of the previous season, a seriously underwhelming transfer window and now the position we find ourselves in has more than proven it's not working out with the current manager. Hardly even worth entertaining the thought of the proposed fantasy scenario

Anthony Soprano
25-09-2019, 08:19 AM

That they clearly never had hecky as manager or they'd have got relegated

Steve88
25-09-2019, 08:42 AM
Yes. The entire psychology of Hibs has changed over the past several months from a confident, attacking team who will constantly be on the front foot to a powder puff , possession/defensive type team.

To highlight this change, we used to see games against Celtic and rangers as optimistic (even likely) about getting points from them. Now, we go into these games on our knees, submissive, accepting defeat. It’s pathetic

ddoc
25-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Yes. The entire psychology of Hibs has changed over the past several months from a confident, attacking team who will constantly be on the front foot to a powder puff , possession/defensive type team.

To highlight this change, we used to see games against Celtic and rangers as optimistic (even likely) about getting points from them. Now, we go into these games on our knees, submissive, accepting defeat. It’s pathetic

Spot on. Not that long ago I felt we had a good chance of bringing back 3 points from 60% of our away games and a fighting chance of 1 point from the rest.
Now it will be a relief not to be hammered away, and be pathetically thankful for a draw, or a scrappy win at ER.
A change in fortunes is always a possibility but I think reality is that there will be no improvement any time soon.

Steve88
25-09-2019, 10:15 AM
Spot on. Not that long ago I felt we had a good chance of bringing back 3 points from 60% of our away games and a fighting chance of 1 point from the rest.
Now it will be a relief not to be hammered away, and be pathetically thankful for a draw, or a scrappy win at ER.
A change in fortunes is always a possibility but I think reality is that there will be no improvement any time soon.

My message to fans following the OP. There’s 38 games in a season, don’t let short term “results” blind you from the underlying theme which I described above

Bostonhibby
25-09-2019, 10:20 AM

:agree:Did they have never before seen levels of fitness thus enabling them to play the mythical, nay, legendary high pressing game??

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Halmyre Hibee
25-09-2019, 10:33 AM
I don't dislike Hecky but he talks a good game and sets out his team differently from what the style of play he initially conveyed to the fans.

It is slow, predictable and any half decent organised team can out battle us.

The players must shoulder a lot of the blame as well unless they are being overcoached and told you must do this / not do this and are unable to express themselves due to the constraints they are under.

I want him to succeed as I would any Hibs manager but I just can't see it happening.

If we win our next three games then who knows he will definitely be given more time but lose them and it's all over in my opinion. It's a results based business.

There are no imminent signs that we are currently capable of turning this around although the law of averages states we must get lucky soon.

Greenio
28-09-2019, 01:34 PM
2 out of 3, just need a win against the sheep now

lugz
28-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Hope you put money on this!

Greenio
28-09-2019, 01:51 PM
Hope you put money on this!

Nut, never did!

Good to see folk proven wrong tho! That's reward enough for me!