PDA

View Full Version : Apathy is our enemy...

Scotty Leither
24-09-2019, 09:18 AM
...both in the stands, and in the Boardroom.

I'm channeling Onion on this, as he/she first mentioned it on another thread, but it struck me how meekly we all seemed to accept that defeat on Sunday, and the continued silence from our Board, who i'm sorry, but have used up all the goodwill built up over the last 3 years, and there's a growing disconnect for me between the fans and the club which is redolent of the darker times of Petrie's reign when the PR at the club was utterly woeful.

I'll be going to Killie tomorrow, I desperately hope to see a Hibs win, but I just can't see it, and if I see any Hibs directors gladhanding the fans before the game I will challenge them peaceably as to how much longer this guy is going to get.

There are other issues, the matchday experience, the lack of a shirt sponsor for a big(?) capital city club, the general appearance of the ground as it looks like it needs a good clean and a coat of paint, but they pale into comparison with how this team can be utterly unrecognisable from even a year ago, populated with journeyman that'll be here today gone tomorrow, and very much unlamented.

We're headed for the fish and chips league again, and if we do suffer a tanking on Saturday, then peaceful representations do need to be made to the Board.

Say this about that mob across the city, we can rightly condemn them for walking away from their debts, but their fans aren't slow to mobilise when they think things aren't right; we for once have got to follow their example and make it plain that enough is enough.

scooby
24-09-2019, 09:26 AM
...both in the stands, and in the Boardroom.

I'm channeling Onion on this, as he/she first mentioned it on another thread, but it struck me how meekly we all seemed to accept that defeat on Sunday, and the continued silence from our Board, who i'm sorry, but have used up all the goodwill built up over the last 3 years, and there's a growing disconnect for me between the fans and the club which is redolent of the darker times of Petrie's reign when the PR at the club was utterly woeful.

I'll be going to Killie tomorrow, I desperately hope to see a Hibs win, but I just can't see it, and if I see any Hibs directors gladhanding the fans before the game I will challenge them peaceably as to how much longer this guy is going to get.

There are other issues, the matchday experience, the lack of a shirt sponsor for a big(?) capital city club, the general appearance of the ground as it looks like it needs a good clean and a coat of paint, but they pale into comparison with how this team can be utterly unrecognisable from even a year ago, populated with journeyman that'll be here today gone tomorrow, and very much unlamented.

We're headed for the fish and chips league again, and if we do suffer a tanking on Saturday, then peaceful representations do need to be made to the Board.

Say this about that mob across the city, we can rightly condemn them for walking away from their debts, but their fans aren't slow to mobilise when they think things aren't right; we for once have got to follow their example and make it plain that enough is enough.

Completely agree, we need to do something to convey the depth of feeling.

Diclonius
24-09-2019, 09:28 AM
It's the "quiet dignity" from board and fans alike that is doing us right now.

I'm fed up with "quiet dignity". When did it suddenly become unfashionable to give a ****?

Pretty Boy
24-09-2019, 09:31 AM
I've said the same elsewhere since Sunday.

The time for the 'Hibs way' and being passive is coming to an end. A few hundred people letting the board have it both barrels wouldn't be a bad thing imo.

We've been in worse positions in the not so distant past but we were also promised those things were very much a thing of the past. The current run of form, the begging bowl about to be brought back out and the inaction over our precarious position is taking us for mugs imo.