PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian FC Team Photo 2019/2020

Speedway
24-09-2019, 07:25 AM
Taking a look at this year’s team photo, I note the first team pic comprises of 19 ‘coaching’ staff to 24 players. Almost a 1:1 ratio.

Manager, assistant, first team coach, fitness coach, gk coach and even Tam McCourt I get.

That’s 6. What are the other 13 for and is this why we have the ‘biggest ever footballing budget’ yet no money for players?

calumhibee1
24-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Taking a look at this year’s team photo, I note the first team pic comprises of 19 ‘coaching’ staff to 24 players. Almost a 1:1 ratio.

Manager, assistant, first team coach, fitness coach, gk coach and even Tam McCourt I get.

That’s 6. What are the other 13 for and is this why we have the ‘biggest ever footballing budget’ yet no money for players?

A lot of them I have no idea who they are but I know the likes of Calvin Charlton and his team don’t make up the coaching staff as such and they’re absolutely necessary in this day in age imo.

It does seem excessive though and you’d think there was surely at least 4 or 5 too many there.

Newry Hibs
24-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Maybe they've always had them, but never made in to the team photo before.

Speedway
24-09-2019, 09:58 AM
Maybe they've always had them, but never made in to the team photo before.

I don't think we have NH, but their wages certainly come from the 'football department' budget, whatever it is they do.

Pretty Boy
24-09-2019, 10:06 AM
I don't think we have NH, but their wages certainly come from the 'football department' budget, whatever it is they do.

A lot of the guys in the video analysis team are students on placement from Uni down south. I think only Calvin is a full time paid employee. That probably accounts for between 3 and 5 bodies. Likewise I think we use local universities for other roles, sports science and the like, as well.

Whether they are the people in the photo I don't know but every member of the coaching and wider football support team isn't drawing a salary.

Speedway
24-09-2019, 10:12 AM
A lot of the guys in the video analysis team are students on placement from Uni down south. I think only Calvin is a full time paid employee. That probably accounts for between 3 and 5 bodies. Likewise I think we use local universities for other roles, sports science and the like, as well.

Whether they are the people in the photo I don't know but every member of the coaching and wider football support team isn't drawing a salary.

Which is fair enough PB.

That therefore suggests that our biggest ever budget has gone on mostly just the 24 players in that picture and the manager who signed 10 of them.

Pretty Boy
24-09-2019, 10:25 AM
Which is fair enough PB.

That therefore suggests that our biggest ever budget has gone on mostly just the 24 players in that picture and the manager who signed 10 of them.

Yep. Either explanation is far from a ringing endorsement of how the budget has been managed over the last year or so.

Wheat Hound
24-09-2019, 10:28 AM
It's notable at Development matches we always seem to have a far bigger entourage than orher teams. Eddie May, Colin Nish, Lee Makel, Alan Combe and others all shouting instructions. Not sure I see the benefit to that.