PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom the Fraudster

DetroitHibs
24-09-2019, 01:48 AM
Remember during preseason and the cup games where he mugged us off by claiming those games and the cup games were all about fitness and not the results. We were garbage then and not one bit of improvement since. Even had some here believing his garbage when the writing was clearly on the wall. What’s terrifying now is, we can all see through him, but our CEO and owner are still buying in to his pish.

monktonharp
24-09-2019, 01:52 AM
high time he was emptied. nae mair o' his keek

Haymaker
24-09-2019, 02:10 AM
Full #hexit man here

Peevemor
24-09-2019, 05:06 AM
Another Heckingbottom thread. Just what we needed.

And fraudster? Really?

DetroitHibs
24-09-2019, 05:18 AM
Another Heckingbottom thread. Just what we needed.

And fraudster? Really?

Just double checked.... Yep yer eyes aren’t deceiving you, it really does say fraudster. Pondered con man, but ultimately settled on fraudster.

Iain G
24-09-2019, 05:24 AM
Just double checked.... Yep yer eyes aren’t deceiving you, it really does say fraudster. Pondered con man, but ultimately settled on fraudster.

So you are acusing him of taking money, in this case his salary via deliberate deceit? That's pretty harsh as he is just a guy trying to do his job.

Doh Rae Me
24-09-2019, 05:45 AM
He is completely incompetent. I wouldn't go for a job as a brain surgeon if I didn't know what I was doing. He's so far out of his depth it's really scary what a person can actually achieve just by talking out his a**e.

GoalsMcGinley
24-09-2019, 05:51 AM
I posted after Stirling Albion that we would struggle. That he wasn’t that man for the job. That his signings were shocking. Guess what? I was vilified by 95% of people. The man is totally useless as a football manager/head coach. However, he will get to the Aberdeen game at the earliest. I’m just praying we can somehow manage to at least be in a semi final by then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DetroitHibs
24-09-2019, 05:52 AM
So you are acusing him of taking money, in this case his salary via deliberate deceit? That's pretty harsh as he is just a guy trying to do his job.

I’m saying he’s unqualified for the job and been spinning the same BS since preseason. Results don’t matter, it’s just fitness. That was a blatant lie to cover up how ***** we were.

Iain G
24-09-2019, 05:58 AM
I’m saying he’s unqualified for the job and been spinning the same BS since preseason. Results don’t matter, it’s just fitness. That was a blatant lie to cover up how ***** we were.

Still doesn't make him a fraudster! Just not very good at his job...

Heisenberg
24-09-2019, 06:01 AM
I posted after Stirling Albion that we would struggle. That he wasn’t that man for the job. That his signings were shocking. Guess what? I was vilified by 95% of people. The man is totally useless as a football manager/head coach. However, he will get to the Aberdeen game at the earliest. I’m just praying we can somehow manage to at least be in a semi final by then!

Calling out that a manager is ***** early doesn’t make you any better than those who weren’t having it at the time. That was one game into our season, I’m not surprised the majority backed him. You weren’t “vilified” either surely, people just disagreed with your opinion.

I backed him till before Ibrox. We’ve gone downhill since that game and there’s no sign it’ll get better. He has to go.

DetroitHibs
24-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Still doesn't make him a fraudster! Just not very good at his job...

I think he’s a fraudster :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
24-09-2019, 06:07 AM
Full #hexit man here

If only we could ask the queen to prorogue the club until he's away.

matty_f
24-09-2019, 06:12 AM
Calling out that a manager is ***** early doesn’t make you any better than those who weren’t having it at the time. That was one game into our season, I’m not surprised the majority backed him. You weren’t “vilified” either surely, people just disagreed with your opinion.

I backed him till before Ibrox. We’ve gone downhill since that game and there’s no sign it’ll get better. He has to go.

:agree:

DetroitHibs
24-09-2019, 06:16 AM
There’s been no sign of any progress since the cup games. He’s talked absolute bollocks since the start of the season. Who’s doing the high pressing, as a matter of fact, how’s doing any pressing? I watched the highlights again and that second goal was an absolute disgrace. Our players stood back and watched as the Hearts player took the piss with a double step over and nobody picked up the runner or pressed.

Coco Bryce
24-09-2019, 06:21 AM

We were promised high pressing attacking football.

makaveli1875
24-09-2019, 06:26 AM
We were promised high pressing attacking football.

We get high pressing attacking football most weeks... From the opposition

Springbank
24-09-2019, 06:35 AM
Let's be honest those who went to ibrox would say Rocky saved us from conceding 10/11/12 goals that day (it could have been 5 before the sending off)

A record home defeat may be on the cards this coming weekend

For a club manager with the biggest football budget in history that represents as close to fraud as you get.
But I'll settle for calling it as an arrogant underestimating of the standard of Scottish football, and a stubborn refusal to change shape to suit the 9 or 10 players in the squad who ARE spfl standard

Saint Hibee
24-09-2019, 06:35 AM
If only we could ask the queen to prorogue the club until he's away.

This is the kind of creative thinking we need!

Coco Bryce
24-09-2019, 06:37 AM
Let's be honest those who went to ibrox would say Rocky saved us from conceding 10/11/12 goals that day (it could have been 5 before the sending off)

A record home defeat may be on the cards this coming weekend

For a club manager with the biggest football budget in history that represents as close to fraud as you get.
But I'll settle for calling it as an arrogant underestimating of the standard of Scottish football, and a stubborn refusal to change shape to suit the 9 or 10 players in the squad who ARE spfl standard

If they score early doors we will fold. Lennon will take great delight in putting us to the sword.

Paisley Hibby
24-09-2019, 06:42 AM
Remember during preseason and the cup games where he mugged us off by claiming those games and the cup games were all about fitness and not the results. We were garbage then and not one bit of improvement since. Even had some here believing his garbage when the writing was clearly on the wall. What’s terrifying now is, we can all see through him, but our CEO and owner are still buying in to his pish.

Why do we need another thread on this? And the personal attacks are becoming ridiculous. He's not a "fraudster" he's just not up to the job. Board made a mistake appointing him. They'll be as aware as the rest of us. Replacing him will not be easy or cheap and they have to get it right - so it's unreasonable to expect an instant solution.

bigwheel
24-09-2019, 06:43 AM
This feels like a thread that was created with a “how else can I be nasty / critical” of our manager ....

Nothing new ..except some more criticism...

Heisenberg
24-09-2019, 06:44 AM
This feels like a thread that was created with a “how else can I be nasty / critical” of our manager ....

You hardly expected people to be calm and rational did you? We are staring relegation in the face if it continues as it is just now.

Coco Bryce
24-09-2019, 06:45 AM

noun - a person responsible for controlling or administering an organization or group of staff.

FAIL!

bigwheel
24-09-2019, 06:47 AM
You hardly expected people to be calm and rational did you? We are staring relegation in the face if it continues as it is just now.

There are any number of threads on that topic ..

I don’t like the personalised hateful language like “fraudster”..think it adds nothing to the exploration of where we are ..

Dalianwanda
24-09-2019, 06:52 AM

He’s not a ‘fraudster’ he’s just not very good. Who knows what the CEO and owner are currently thinking because they have said nothing.

DetroitHibs
24-09-2019, 06:52 AM
There are any number of threads on that topic ..

I don’t like the personalised hateful language like “fraudster”..think it adds nothing to the exploration of where we are ..

Pretty sure the title is pretty self explanatory. If your offended or don’t like it, just don’t open it. I find yours and other members comments pretty insulting telling me what I can and cannot post.

Peevemor
24-09-2019, 06:58 AM
Pretty sure the title is pretty self explanatory. If your offended or don’t like it, just don’t open it. I find yours and other members comments pretty insulting telling me what I can and cannot post.

It's a message board for exchanging opinions.

My opinion is that we don't need yet another PH thread and that your fraudster reference is crap.

I'm really sorry if you feel insulted. Honest.

bigwheel
24-09-2019, 07:01 AM

Do you only want agreement in replies ?? Didn’t t say you can’t post it , said I felt it is hateful language and adds nothing to the discussion of where we are...

If you want a more detailed analysis of your post ..

The league cup games have to be about fitness, as they are the core of our pre season . He Never said they were not about results, he always said he hoped to qualify from the group - we did..

We know nothing of what the CEO and owner think , as they have not shared it with the public ...

So not only do I view it as a post that has disrespectful language , adds nothing to the debate - it is also factually wrong in almost every element ..

Yorkshire HFC
24-09-2019, 07:02 AM
You don't think he's just a man doing his job?

How's your performance at work monitored, and by who?

Barman Stanton
24-09-2019, 07:02 AM

Must really please you to be proven right eh.

The_Horde
24-09-2019, 07:03 AM

As if you wouldn't be doing the same had he turned it round.

Barman Stanton
24-09-2019, 07:05 AM
As if you wouldn't be doing the same had he turned it round.

You clearly don't know me. Happy to admit I got it wrong in wanting to give the guy time. Just want Hibs to do well eh.

loanheadhibby
24-09-2019, 07:15 AM
He’s not a ‘fraudster’ he’s just not very good. Who knows what the CEO and owner are currently thinking because they have said nothing.

Too true. We all had a good laugh last week when queer Ann issued another statement. Seems to have worked at their end tho and galvanised their troops. Meanwhile Ron/Leann are MIA.

Steve88
24-09-2019, 07:18 AM
#hexit

jacomo
24-09-2019, 07:21 AM

No, it was valid at the time. He was chopping and changing the line up every game so you’d expect inconsistency and lack of fluency.

Now that the league campaign is underway it’s apparent that there is no plan.

GoalsMcGinley
24-09-2019, 07:49 AM

Not particularly, no. I take no pleasure in being right. Stevie Wonder could’ve seen this coming.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Remember during our league cup friendlies, when it was said that the team were being sent out with no real game plan or tactics, why has he continued this into the league campaign?

Fraud/blagger/slaver, they are all justifiable claims about this clown.

Steve88
24-09-2019, 08:07 AM
Remember during our league cup friendlies, when it was said that the team were being sent out with no real game plan or tactics, why has he continued this into the league campaign?

Arrogance and naivety

wookie70
24-09-2019, 08:12 AM
He may be doing a poor job but he is better qualified than most managers and I'd imagine nearly everyone on here. He also knows what is going on behind the scenes (transfer budget, players we didn't get, who he wanted and who the recruitment team recommended, injuries, morale etc etc) which is a mystery to all the experts here. He will also have a fair idea of what LD thinks of his performance and what he needs to do to stay in his role. By all means attack his record, , challenge what he says and question his tactics but stay clear of the sensationalist personal insults.

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 08:14 AM
I don’t think he said that about the League Cup matches, in fact quite the opposite. It was used as an excuse for some posters on here and became a fact. He actually said he was looking forward to the competitiveness of the league cup as he doesn’t like friendlies and it’s all new to get used to (not like good ol’ down south eh Paul?).

My_Wife_Camille
24-09-2019, 09:14 AM
Fraud imo. Discuss

pacoluna
24-09-2019, 09:21 AM

I'll hazard a guess that he is speaking metaphorically..

Dalianwanda
24-09-2019, 09:22 AM
Fraud imo. Discuss

Is that not what we’re doing?

J-C
24-09-2019, 09:34 AM
No, it was valid at the time. He was chopping and changing the line up every game so you’d expect inconsistency and lack of fluency.

Now that the league campaign is underway it’s apparent that there is no plan.

No harm in chopping and changing players during pre season, they all need game time but once we started the Betfred games, the strongest 11 should've started, these are not friendlies but competitive games.

MyJo
24-09-2019, 09:48 AM
He talks a good game and the early season fixtures was the time to give him the benefit of the doubt while he built the squad and got them playing they way he told us they would.

It has since become apparent that he cant walk the walk in the same way he talks the talk.

Fraudster, no. Intelligent guy who believes he is a good manager but struggles to put it into practice, yes.

Scotty Leither
24-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Fraudster? No, that'a a bit strong but I see where the OP is coming from as his now fabled "high press" comment has been proved to be laughable to the point of absurd.

I just think he's one of these football managers who thinks the ordinary fan knows dick-all about the game.

That's an argument that's made from a point of arrogance and ultimately weakness, though. I've never made a chicken pie for example; I know when I eat one if it tastes crap or not, though.

Pagan Hibernia
24-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Yep. We well and truly Cathro’d it with that appointment

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Saying he isn't good enough and needs to go is enough. No need for personal abuse, name calling etc. Embarrassing really.

FilipinoHibs
24-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Saying he isn't good enough and needs to go is enough. No need for personal abuse, name calling etc. Embarrassing really.

He must be crushed because this gig was his comeback and all it does is confirm he is not very good at football management. 42 and finished. A solid defence and some very good players that no longer here got the results. Players he let go and some he could not resign plus injuries and poor signings have been his downfall

H18S NX
24-09-2019, 12:01 PM
I would say about 90% of genuine Hibs supporters are VERY worried about where we see we are headed with this man in charge,we really can,t afford to be relegated again,we must act soon or it will be too late.

Barman Stanton
24-09-2019, 12:12 PM
He must be crushed because this gig was his comeback and all it does is confirm he is not very good at football management. 42 and finished. A solid defence and some very good players that no longer here got the results. Players he let go and some he could not resign plus injuries and poor signings have been his downfall

Getting rid of our 2 defensive midfielders without replacing them will be talked about in years to come about this guy. An absolute criminal decision.

scooby
24-09-2019, 12:12 PM
I just think he's delusional, tactically inept and full of theory.
What he says he wants and how we play are polar opposites.

jacomo
24-09-2019, 12:31 PM

hfc rd
24-09-2019, 12:41 PM
He’s really underestimated Scottish football. When he came in and had that winning run early doors, he must surely have been thinking to himself Scottish football is an absolute doodle. It’s clear that this has now came back to bite him and we have handed out long term contracts to some of these players he’s brought in that shouldn’t even be here in the 1st place.

It was always going to be interesting to see how we’d react after a poor performance/defeat. Would he change the setup and formation and basically try something new like 3 at the back? Would give players like Fraser Murray a chance when the players in front of him aren’t performing? If the opposition nullified his tactics, what would plan B be? Nope, none of that. We don’t have an identity and the players on the park don’t seem to know their own roles either. F*** knows what was done on the training ground in pre-season! He said it was all about fitness but that isn’t evident as our players look absolutely shattered at times. The opposition know how to beat this Hibs team. Attack them at will and they will crumble. Levein did that at the weekend. Changed the setup and went 4-2-4 when they went 1-0 down and it was as clear as day the yams were going to score and unfortunately rightly so they did. What did Heckingbottom do to rectify that? F*** all!

So badly want this imposter out!

1 8 7 5
24-09-2019, 12:45 PM

lucky
24-09-2019, 12:52 PM
If he’s not a fraud then he’s a wage thief, he’s collecting money under false pretences. He needs to removed ASAP before he puts us back in the championship with crowds below 10000

WhileTheChief..
24-09-2019, 01:02 PM
Is that not what we’re doing?

He’s looking for attention following on from his Lennon’s a fraud thread a while back.

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Getting rid of our 2 defensive midfielders without replacing them will be talked about in years to come about this guy. An absolute criminal decision.

Yes that makes no sense whatsoever. We are criminally light up front also.

MrSmith
24-09-2019, 02:09 PM

Fraudster is a tad harsh, not capable is more appropriate. Hell of a nice fella just not for Hibs. Lets make it Hibs class :D :flag:

Keith_M
24-09-2019, 03:03 PM
I posted after Stirling Albion that we would struggle. That he wasn’t that man for the job. That his signings were shocking....

I didn't go quite as far as that but I was really worried watching that game. The players didn't seem to know what their individual roles were, and there was a complete lack of any urgency (except Horgan, who looked completely frustrated by his teammates). The new signings weren't exactly inspiring either.

I actually don't think we've improved much since then.

BILLYHIBS
24-09-2019, 03:10 PM
I didn't go quite as far as that but I was really worried watching that game. The players didn't seem to know what their individual roles were, and there was a complete lack of any urgency (except Horgan, who looked completely frustrated by his teammates). The new signings weren't exactly inspiring either.

I actually don't think we've improved much since then.

Agree!

It was absolutely shocking it was like watching a kickabout at the Meadows

The players did not look interested

The only good thing was the sunshine :greengrin

24-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Hi
Agree!

It was absolutely shocking it was like watching a kickabout at the Meadows

The players did not look interested

The only good thing was the sunshine :greengrin

I too was at the Stirling game and was appalled by what I saw. At that time I was in the give him time camp but was seriously worried about the quality of his summer signings that were on display. Now I am totally with the OP. If he is not a fraudster he is definitely an imposter. He hasn’t a clue what he is doing and why the board and CEO haven’t acknowledged that by now and taken steps to remove him is beyond me.

snedzuk
24-09-2019, 04:12 PM
There’s been no sign of any progress since the cup games. He’s talked absolute bollocks since the start of the season. Who’s doing the high pressing, as a matter of fact, how’s doing any pressing? I watched the highlights again and that second goal was an absolute disgrace. Our players stood back and watched as the Hearts player took the piss with a double step over and nobody picked up the runner or pressed.

The pressing is done by whoever irons the kit and the high press is a cupboard at East Mains that he cant quite reach - certainly no sign of anything else.

A Hi-Bee
24-09-2019, 04:16 PM
I dont think he is a fraudster he is just from the cathro school of coaching, perhaps its all of us that are just so far behind we cannie see.