PDA

View Full Version : Gordon to give Paul Heckingbottom more time to turn things around (The Sun)

Hibs90
23-09-2019, 10:04 PM
It's the Sun, and there is no quotes from him, so take with a pinch of salt. And whoever that guy that says the fans are split? It couldn't be more clear that the fans are heavily in favour of punting him.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4755111/hibs-ron-gordon-paul-heckingbottom-more-time/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1569274423

madhatter
23-09-2019, 10:16 PM
Probably just best guess stuff. Sadly I think it’s probably true though - Ron will happily just listen to George Craig and Leeann on this matter for now. They were both primarily involved in Heckingbottom’s recruitment so won’t want to admit he isn’t working out.

My biggest concern is Heckingbottom seems a nice guy and I don’t want the apathy to descend into poisonous animosity. It’s not far away - guys behind the dugouts were getting talked to by the police as they hurled abuse at Heckingbottom. Heckingbottom moved closer to the centre to get away from it, was almost holding hands with the 4th official in parts.

Heisenberg
23-09-2019, 10:20 PM
The PH sales pitch (that patter is making me ****ing cringe now) has obviously worked its charm on Ron Gordon too.

hibsboy69
23-09-2019, 10:23 PM
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/thumbs/06-39/933742860-thumb_Iraqi_PR_Guy.jpg

Everything will be fine ! :rolleyes:

The 90+2
Probably just best guess stuff. Sadly I think it’s probably true though - Ron will happily just listen to George Craig and Leeann on this matter for now. They were both primarily involved in Heckingbottom’s recruitment so won’t want to admit he isn’t working out.

My biggest concern is Heckingbottom seems a nice guy and I don’t want the apathy to descend into poisonous animosity. It’s not far away - guys behind the dugouts were getting talked to by the police as they hurled abuse at Heckingbottom. Heckingbottom moved closer to the centre to get away from it, was almost holding hands with the 4th official in parts.

Nice guy maybe, he shafted Barnsley to go to Leeds. Time for apathy.

BegbieHSC
God help us then.

CMurdoch
23-09-2019, 10:26 PM
It's the current bun and their made up drivel.

Nicho87
23-09-2019, 10:28 PM
Irvine Welsh says hibs relegation favourites currently.

Looking through the squad and performances, finding it hard to argue against that. Spineless, rotten, woeful comes to mind

ian cruise
23-09-2019, 10:33 PM
Genuinely think he's only being given the next couple of games while we try get someone else. He'll be gone and a new man will be in place before end of October.

madhatter
23-09-2019, 10:33 PM

Looking through the squad and performances, finding it hard to argue against that. Spineless, rotten, woeful comes to mind

Stats show that as well. We have worst form in the league looking at past 5 games.

Biggest concern is, as many people are saying, not just Hibs fans - “I cannot see where Hibs will pick up a win”.

Club are assuming this just needs time. Time, much like in general life, is not a football club’s friend. It’s an enemy. You need to fight against it and make sure you use it wisely, not be in a “it might be better in 3months time” mindset. Hibs fans are like any other, if football product is rubbish and results aren’t good then they will stop going. It’s not a bespoke thing to Hibs. Worrying times tbh.

FilipinoHibs
23-09-2019, 10:35 PM
No actual quotes from Ron. Just some quotes from Hibs fans. A made up story. Never believe the Sun.

Joe6-2
23-09-2019, 10:41 PM
Thank goodness it’s the Sun, was worried for a minute!

Hibernia&Alba
23-09-2019, 10:43 PM
No actual quotes from Ron. Just some quotes from Hibs fans. A made up story. Never believe the Sun.

Indeed, just a page filler story. In any case, the old vote of confidence usually counts for nothing.

Unseen work
23-09-2019, 10:43 PM
More time to turn things round, next 3 games

Killie
Celtic
Aberdeen

If he wins all three then fair enough. He won’t however and I’d be surprised to see us progress in the cup or pick up a point.

Once we get pumped by Celtic on Saturday it’s curtains, I genuinely think it could be 6-0 or so.

Zazu62
23-09-2019, 10:44 PM
Sack him now. He completely out of his depth.

Hibeesmad
23-09-2019, 10:48 PM
Throwing a 1-0 lead against Hearts at home is worthy of a sacking on its own.

Nicho87
23-09-2019, 10:50 PM

A hearts team who hadn’t won a league.

Unforgivable. How he hasn’t been sacked today, something is seriously wrong. Dempster too proud to sack her choice of manager I reckon

Onion
23-09-2019, 11:10 PM
Speculation by the Sun, to generate a reaction.

Maybe the optics of PH's sacking will look better once we're rooted at the bottom of the league and out of the League Cup ie in 1 week's time. Would then be difficult for PH to complain about getting the bullet when his KPI is to win a cup and get top 4 / Europe.

Hibeesmad
23-09-2019, 11:17 PM
A hearts team who hadn’t won a league.

Unforgivable. How he hasn’t been sacked today, something is seriously wrong. Dempster too proud to sack her choice of manager I reckon

The longer the board keep hanging on hoping that things will change the deeper the hole we are digging ourselves into.

I was happy with the appointment of PH and like many on here thought we made a great appointment based on his first 10 or so games in charge. This season has been a shambles from the very start, signings look mediocre compared to recent years and this is coming off the back of European football, players going for good fees, record season ticket sales, the 'biggest football budget' in years etc etc.

I think a change is required from the top to the very bottom. I hope Ron has got plans in place to bring in new board members and replace the bodies currently in place (George Craig etc). I understand these people came in at a difficult time (post relegation) and did a wonderful job in building a football team and bringing the community together. Scottish Cup win was a team effort from the top to the very bottom and they will always be in highest regard for that at Easter Road for eternity. But the evidence is there to show they have taken Hibernian as far as they can and now is the time to hand over the reigns to someone who can take us to that next level of guaranteeing European football, more trophies and challenging the old firm as far as we can.

These people will not just give up there jobs and leave themselves jobless for obvious reasons, if they do not wish to look for a new opportunity to let the club move on then it is one of Ron's first major decisions to make that move for them.

I pray we can change this around and kick on our season starting Wednesday, but the current feeling is one of the those from pre relegation, and it's not pretty.

Hermit Crab
23-09-2019, 11:34 PM
He could have 6 months to turn it around, there is no sign of this "team" clicking anytime soon...:rolleyes:

Shrekko
23-09-2019, 11:57 PM
He’ll probably be given these 3 games but the search I'm sure will have began.

For the likes of Dempster, Petrie etc etc picking a manager is just a guessing game to them but the club seems to have bummed themselves up so much regarding the staff structure, recruitment etc recently that I reckon they’ll find it quite hard to admit defeat.

Hibbyradge
23-09-2019, 11:57 PM

It's easy to argue against that. We're not even close to being favourites.

Hibs are 250/1 to finish bottom.

Hearts are 100/1 and St Mirren are 7/4.

Hibernia&Alba
24-09-2019, 12:07 AM

That looks very generous right now. Might be one for the bookie bashing thread :offski:

monktonharp
24-09-2019, 01:35 AM
More time to turn things round, next 3 games

Killie
Celtic
Aberdeen

If he wins all three then fair enough. He won’t however and I’d be surprised to see us progress in the cup or pick up a point.

Once we get pumped by Celtic on Saturday it’s curtains, I genuinely think it could be 6-0 or so.I genuinely fear the worst against Celtic. punt him today and let a caretaker take a chance against a rotten Killie team. if we can at least put up a fight there, we might keep a bit of pride fighting off a Celtic team that could demolish us.

BILLYHIBS
24-09-2019, 04:07 AM
Looks like Wee Ron has been reading up on British soccer: The famous “Kiss of Death” from the Chairman

bingo70
24-09-2019, 05:01 AM
Wants to wait till he’s replaced Dempster before she gets to pick the new manager.

That’s not a dig at her, I just think he’ll want his own person running the club.

Future17
24-09-2019, 05:36 AM
Hibs are 250/1 to finish bottom..

You must have prompted a rush to the bookies with your post as the best I can find is 100/1. :greengrin

Heisenberg
24-09-2019, 05:53 AM
David Hardie, a club mouthpiece for the EEN, also stating there will be no knee jerk reactions after the derby (****ing knee jerk?!? We’ve been ***** for weeks!) from the club and Heckingbottom faces a make or break period of games up until Aberdeen away.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/paul-heckingbottom-s-job-at-hibs-safe-for-now-but-clock-is-ticking-1-5009888

So he’s getting until the international break before getting the sack.

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 06:03 AM
David Hardie, a club mouthpiece for the EEN, also stating there will be no knee jerk reactions after the derby (****ing knee jerk?!? We’ve been ***** for weeks!) from the club and Heckingbottom faces a make or break period of games up until Aberdeen away.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/paul-heckingbottom-s-job-at-hibs-safe-for-now-but-clock-is-ticking-1-5009888

Might change once we are out the cup and Celtic have done a Malmo on us.

Hiber-nation
24-09-2019, 06:22 AM
There's so little about our predicament in the press. It's as if we're just too boring to warrant much analysis since their pal Lennon left.

Beefster
24-09-2019, 06:33 AM
There's so little about our predicament in the press. It's as if we're just too boring to warrant much analysis since their pal Lennon left.

We’re all bored to **** with the club. How can we expect anyone else to give a ****?

Diclonius
24-09-2019, 07:05 AM
Next two games are Celtic and Aberdeen. Highly likely we'll lose both.

St Johnstone's are Motherwell and Ross County. If they get a point in either, they move above us and we'll be bottom after 7/8 league games.

Will that convince Gordon or Dempster? :dunno:

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 07:13 AM
Celtic and Aberdeen. Highly likely we'll lose both.

St Johnstone's are Motherwell and Ross County. If they get a point in either, they move above us and we'll be bottom after 7/8 league games.

Will that convince Gordon or Dempster? :dunno:

Just have to hope and pray it isn’t ****ing knee jerk at that stage.

Hermit Crab
24-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Hibs manage to get the least ruthless owner in history, I'd hate to see what Ron calls a crisis.

The Leith Dutch
24-09-2019, 07:19 AM
I don't think it should be up to Ron Gordon.
The owner should act to change the Chief Exec. The Chief Exec should move to change the Manager.

If it doesn't work like that then you have a guy who isn't removable as he owns the club making the decisions about whether to keep the guy who runs the footballing side.
The two words that spring to mind there are "Mike" and "Ashley" and I wouldn't wish that on anyone other than Sevco.

Gordon has every right to decide he's not happy with where the club are at but that's a matter for telling LD "This needs to improve sharpish".
It's then her job to decide whether she can get PH to do that or whether a change is required.
Needs to be a buffer.

hibee-boys
24-09-2019, 07:27 AM

Maybe someone at the club should stick a 5 figure sum on it, insurance against worst case scenario!

Hiber-nation
24-09-2019, 07:37 AM
We’re all bored to **** with the club. How can we expect anyone else to give a ****?

I know. I was just having a rant that tried to slag off everyone involved. In a hurry as my dog needed walked :greengrin

jacomo
24-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Stats show that as well. We have worst form in the league looking at past 5 games.

Biggest concern is, as many people are saying, not just Hibs fans - “I cannot see where Hibs will pick up a win”.

Club are assuming this just needs time. Time, much like in general life, is not a football club’s friend. It’s an enemy. You need to fight against it and make sure you use it wisely, not be in a “it might be better in 3months time” mindset. Hibs fans are like any other, if football product is rubbish and results aren’t good then they will stop going. It’s not a bespoke thing to Hibs. Worrying times tbh.

Teams can go through patches of bad form. It happens.

What the manager should do is focus on making us harder to beat and stop conceding so many goals, and then build from there. But he can’t do that because he’s built a squad that can only play one way (and that way ain’t working).

Time to go.

Squirrel 1875
24-09-2019, 08:36 AM
Then instead of handwringing online let’s do something about it. Either hold a large protest before/after the game on Saturday or boycott it. It has gone too far, he has to go and the club have made it clear they won’t do it.

jacomo
24-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Hibs manage to get the least ruthless owner in history, I'd hate to see what Ron calls a crisis.

An actual crisis?

Stuart93
24-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Then instead of handwringing online let’s do something about it. Either hold a large protest before/after the game on Saturday or boycott it. It has gone too far, he has to go and the club have made it clear they won’t do it.

People like to moan but don’t want to do anything about it

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 08:44 AM

To be fair to him he must be wondering what he has bought only been in the door a few months and absolute mayhem. It is a tricky one as he will probably be trying to take a backseat to an extent and understand exactly how it all works. Personally would have chopped after Motherwell game leading into the last international break however obviously a decision made to give him up to Aberdeen. Think he will go then when likely bottom of the league. Again personally would have binned after Derby and let Grant Murray run the team for 3 games then put new guy in.

Hermit Crab
24-09-2019, 08:51 AM
To be fair to him he must be wondering what he has bought only been in the door a few months and absolute mayhem. It is a tricky one as he will probably be trying to take a backseat to an extent and understand exactly how it all works. Personally would have chopped after Motherwell game leading into the last international break however obviously a decision made to give him up to Aberdeen. Think he will go then when likely bottom of the league. Again personally would have binned after Derby and let Grant Murray run the team for 3 games then put new guy in.

He should have been gone after the rangers debacle. Once you're in a bad slump its hard to get out of.

Wilson
24-09-2019, 09:04 AM

When he wants fans to pony up 70% for an infrastructure project and they only manage 30%.

My_Wife_Camille
24-09-2019, 09:11 AM

People like to moan but don’t want to do anything about it
Taking action and making your feelings known isn’t Hibs Class unfortunately.

Torto7
24-09-2019, 11:08 AM
I know it's the Sun but they have been fairly accurate over the years on Hibs news and our PR gadgie used to work for them I think? Maybe this was from LD without her wanting to put her name to it.

Depressing either way.

The_Horde
24-09-2019, 11:09 AM

Yep. But no mention of RG because it's not him that's making the calls on this one.

The_Horde
24-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Taking action and making your feelings known isn’t Hibs Class unfortunately.

Nail. Head. On.

That and the large element of our support who accept mediocrity. They normally use phrases like "Hibs have only managed a top 4 finish *X amount* of times in my lifetime"

makaveli1875
24-09-2019, 11:13 AM
If Gordon wants his 2nd season in Scottish football to be in the championship then by all means he should give him more time .

The_Horde
24-09-2019, 11:17 AM
If Gordon wants his 2nd season in Scottish football to be in the championship then by all means he should give him more time .

Have you read the article? Not a thing from Ron inside it, just The Sun using his name as clickbait.

Why is there this fascination with hating board members and owners?

Hiber-nation
24-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Nail. Head. On.

That and the large element of our support who accept mediocrity. They normally use phrases like "Hibs have only managed a top 4 finish *X amount* of times in my lifetime"

It's quite incredible how commonplace this is on here. "Ach well, it's the Hibs, what do you expect" said a guy to me the other night.

Even in the darkest days of Butcher the mention of protests on here were met with ridicule...."only the yams do that" etc.

superfurryhibby
24-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Nail. Head. On.

Fans accepting mediocrity is such a jaded statement. As if the passion of the fans makes any difference to the current situation.:confused:

The_Horde
24-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Fans accepting mediocrity is such a jaded statement. As if the passion of the fans makes any difference to the current situation.:confused:

The passion of the fans can't change the situation that's currently behind us, but we do have the ability to change the way the situation moves in the future and how quickly things are changed.

Let's just say after the game they were considering his position. If there were 10k fans outside the west stand shouting for his head I'm pretty sure they'd have to consider that. Nobody turning up to the protest after says to the board "ok, we still have some scope to win fans over"

It's atypical of the world right now though too. When there's something going on in the world people will change their profile picture or tweet or post on Facebook about it and pretend they're helping but nobody will even bother their arse to take real action and make a real statement of intent. They just carry on as normal.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-09-2019, 11:46 AM
I'm still curious to find out what Ron's thinking was when he decided to invest in us. It's all very mysterious. 🙊

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 11:47 AM
He should have been gone after the rangers debacle. Once you're in a bad slump its hard to get out of.

No club would sack on the back of one horrible result.

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 12:08 PM
No club would sack on the back of one horrible result.

Stirling? Piss poor end of season? Then Motherwell, then Killie, then the derby?

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 12:09 PM
I'm still curious to find out what Ron's thinking was when he decided to invest in us. It's all very mysterious. 🙊

His love of the game apparently.

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Stirling? Piss poor end of season? Then Motherwell, then Killie, then the derby?

It was mentioned he should have been sacked after Rangers game which would have been the first real horrible result. Think he should have went after Motherwell just before an international break.

Dolce7
24-09-2019, 03:50 PM
As I said yesterday making rash decisions in business is not the answer look what has happened at Hearts with Ann Budge staying strong and not being intimidated with a baying mob the results will come there is no guarantee bringing another manager in is always going to work we just have to ride the storm

Heisenberg
24-09-2019, 03:52 PM
As I said yesterday making rash decisions in business is not the answer look what has happened at Hearts with Ann Budge staying strong and not being intimidated with a baying mob the results will come there is no guarantee bringing another manager in is always going to work we just have to ride the storm

They got one result against a team struggling just as much as them. Any other team in our league would have beaten Hearts on Sunday, IMO.

Hibs90
24-09-2019, 03:54 PM
They got one result against a team struggling just as much as them. Any other team in our league would have beaten Hearts on Sunday, IMO.

Exactly. Thing is they will now receive a boost to morale and confidence thanks to us.

Dolce7
24-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Exactly. Thing is they will now receive a boost to morale and confidence thanks to us.

If we win tomorrow can you imagine the feel good factor for the game against Celtic suddenly
we would all feel confident

chrisski33
24-09-2019, 05:11 PM
If we win tomorrow can you imagine the feel good factor for the game against Celtic suddenly

Even if we won tomorrow I doubt there would be a big feel good factor against celtic

Hibs4185
24-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Ron Gordon isn’t the owner, he’s the majority shareholder. I am not 100% certain of company law but I think there is a clear difference between the two. If he owned 100% of the business he could sack and hire who he wished but I think as majority shareholder of the business he would need to vote out the CEO at a shareholder meeting etc? Or put pressure on the CEO to sack the manager but it would be Dempster’s decision and not Ron’s

B.H.F.C
24-09-2019, 05:19 PM

There wouldn’t be a feel good factor if we win tomorrow.

And sacking him wouldn’t be rash.

Jim44
24-09-2019, 05:20 PM

Really? :rolleyes:

Hibee Mac
24-09-2019, 05:24 PM

It's so far beyond this point that I question what you are watching week in week out?

It doesn't matter if we win tomorrow, Hecky is done and will not win the fans back.

coldingham hibs
24-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Also an interview in the Sun with Stubbs, the legend wants to return and make up for his mistake in leaving.

WhileTheChief..
24-09-2019, 05:27 PM
The passion of the fans can't change the situation that's currently behind us, but we do have the ability to change the way the situation moves in the future and how quickly things are changed.

Let's just say after the game they were considering his position. If there were 10k fans outside the west stand shouting for his head I'm pretty sure they'd have to consider that. Nobody turning up to the protest after says to the board "ok, we still have some scope to win fans over"

It's atypical of the world right now though too. When there's something going on in the world people will change their profile picture or tweet or post on Facebook about it and pretend they're helping but nobody will even bother their arse to take real action and make a real statement of intent. They just carry on as normal.

Excellent post, I particularly agree with the last paragraph.

Virtue signalling they call it, I think ;)

hibeerealist
24-09-2019, 05:29 PM

I think the board may get a shock by the amount of empty seats on Saturday, there are a lot of ST holders just not prepared to go through this movie again.

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Ron Gordon isn’t the owner, he’s the majority shareholder. I am not 100% certain of company law but I think there is a clear difference between the two. If he owned 100% of the business he could sack and hire who he wished but I think as majority shareholder of the business he would need to vote out the CEO at a shareholder meeting etc? Or put pressure on the CEO to sack the manager but it would be Dempster’s decision and not Ron’s

It’s the other way about. Everything major decison needs to be ran by Gordon and he can put a stop to it. He can instruct the CEO to sack the manager. The club is his, he could also sack Dempster if he felt like it.

RIP
24-09-2019, 05:43 PM
I don't think it should be up to Ron Gordon.
The owner should act to change the Chief Exec. The Chief Exec should move to change the Manager.

If it doesn't work like that then you have a guy who isn't removable as he owns the club making the decisions about whether to keep the guy who runs the footballing side.
The two words that spring to mind there are "Mike" and "Ashley" and I wouldn't wish that on anyone other than Sevco.

Gordon has every right to decide he's not happy with where the club are at but that's a matter for telling LD "This needs to improve sharpish".
It's then her job to decide whether she can get PH to do that or whether a change is required.
Needs to be a buffer.

Ron Gordon will not change the first team coach.

George Craig and Leeann will propose that action to the board and seek corroboration. They got it right with Stubbs and Lennon.

Going for outsiders like Appleton and Heckingbittom rather than coaches who know the Scottish game and giving carte blanche on recruiting a whole new squad was a high risk strategy. Am wondering if George Craig will be found responsible.

NC1875
24-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Just watched 13 mins of him talking more crap in the press conference for the Killie game. Says there were positives from Sunday. Can’t say I seen any myself

Greenbeard
24-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but Heck wasn't on the park. The only throwing going on is the number of wobblies on here re Sunday's result. Not defending him mind. Just taking issue with your choice of words and lumping all the blame on PH for the loss of the two goals. Credit where credit is due to the big Ikpie boy for his goal. This, allied with a wicked deflection for their second, do not justify the degree of vilification PH is getting for Sunday's result. Having said that, don't think I don't think he is on borrowed time. I think he is, but mostly due to the absolute P15H he has signed on good deals.

Dolce7
24-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but Heck wasn't on the park. The only throwing going on is the number of wobblies on here re Sunday's result. Not defending him mind. Just taking issue with your choice of words and lumping all the blame on PH for the loss of the two goals. Credit where credit is due to the big Ikpie boy for his goal. This, allied with a wicked deflection for their second, do not justify the degree of vilification PH is getting for Sunday's result. Having said that, don't think I don't think he is on borrowed time. I think he is, but mostly due to the absolute P15H he has signed on good deals.

Exactly the manager is powerless if the players are not intelligent
enough to follow instructions it’s up to the players to have a look in the
mirror and ask themselves if I did enough it’s not right always blaming the manager

Hibs4185
24-09-2019, 06:20 PM
It’s the other way about. Everything major decison needs to be ran by Gordon and he can put a stop to it. He can instruct the CEO to sack the manager. The club is his, he could also sack Dempster if he felt like it.

So it’s Ron’s way or no way? Do the other 33% of shareholders not get a say in the running of the business, whether it be the manager or any other decision regarding the club? Say 33% wanted rid of PH and Ron didn’t?

Leith Green
24-09-2019, 06:33 PM

A: Its not going to happen
B: Even if it did , it really wouldnt change the obvious

The Leith Dutch
24-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Ron Gordon will not change the first team coach.

George Craig and Leeann will propose that action to the board and seek corroboration. They got it right with Stubbs and Lennon.

Going for outsiders like Appleton and Heckingbittom rather than coaches who know the Scottish game and giving carte blanche on recruiting a whole new squad was a high risk strategy. Am wondering if George Craig will be found responsible.

Absolutely on Gordon - was more responding to those suggesting he should be making the move.

I think LD's record so far is positive:
Fired Butcher sharpish;
Appointed Stubbs who was a success generally (decent football plus a Scottish Cup win > failing to get out of the Championship in two tough years);
Appointed Lennon who got us promoted and delivered one of the best January - May parts of a League season I've seen at Hibs;

PH hasn't worked but I can see how his pitch for the job might have got him there and, as someone who's done my fair share of hiring, I know you sometimes miss something and hire the wrong person.

The whole new squad was indeed a high risk strategy.
Worse than that it's unbalanced (though tbf part of that goes back to NL's time).
We've spent a time buying players we're good (or think will be good) rather than assembling a balanced squad.

For me I want an experienced manager who isn't here to prove himself.
I don't think he has to know the Scottish game but I think he has to not underestimate it (though that may be semantics on my part ;) )

FilipinoHibs
24-09-2019, 06:47 PM
So it’s Ron’s way or no way? Do the other 33% of shareholders not get a say in the running of the business, whether it be the manager or any other decision regarding the club? Say 33% wanted rid of PH and Ron didn’t?

Club is not run day to day by a shareholders meeting but by the board. They make the decisions. Ron can propose actions but only has one vote. The board need to back him. Of course he can call an extraordinary GM (EGM)to change the board and pass his motions where he has a majority of the vote. 33% have no say on the board and are a minority in the EGM.

MikeyS
24-09-2019, 07:08 PM
mirror and ask themselves if I did enough it’s not right always blaming the manager

I think the players most definitely did follow his instructions, the whole reason Maxwell played was cos he can hit the opposite 18 yard box with kicks and our plan was to win 1st or 2nd balls. We didnt even try any other approach.

Beefster
24-09-2019, 07:45 PM

Weren’t you demanding Heckingbottom be sacked and replaced with Stubbs at the weekend?

Scotty Leither
25-09-2019, 08:45 AM

Strikes me we've got the same set-up as Petrie and Farmer. A hands-off owner (compounded by the fact he lives overseas) who barely communicates with his fan base, has his factor in the Boardroom, Archie Paton, whom we haven't heard a cheep from either.

(I called the club asking to speak with him yesterday and left a message, I don't hold out much hope of getting a response.)

Like Petrie before him, Paton is a non-football person too - his background (as far as I can glean) is rugby and golf - so in that regard i'd be really keen to know who on the Board is looking at performances and results with a critical, informed eye?

We're drifting along here and if the club isn't going to engage with the fans either directly or through the various media channels, then they need to act decisively and sack the guy - he should have went after Ibrox in my opinion - and not continually sit on their hands in the hope things get better, because that appears to be their "strategy" at the moment.

JimBHibees
25-09-2019, 08:58 AM
Just watched 13 mins of him talking more crap in the press conference for the Killie game. Says there were positives from Sunday. Can’t say I seen any myself

Listened to that also there does seem to be a bit of a disconnect to what he says and what performances say. Says he was comfortable at 1-0 (I certainly wasn't) and we lost bad goals, we know that it has been happening for weeks. How about we take the game to them when 1-0 rather than thinking the defensive aspect of the team will suddenly become a solid unit and see a game out. He does speak confidently and explains himself well however seems to be a real lack of awareness of performances or he genuinely does think we played well on Sunday.

GreenCastle
25-09-2019, 09:00 AM
I’ve always found it odd who actually appoints a football manager.
Surely you want a person who understands football doing that job? I assume that’s meant to be George Craig ??

I also heard STF and RP were meant to be on the pitch as a final farewell first game of the season but didn’t happen and they really weren’t too happy about it.

1 8 7 5
25-09-2019, 09:08 AM
The Sun "newspaper" is a disgrace. I despair at fellow cabbageans buying / reading / clicking on their links...I wouldnt line my cats litter tray with it!

In the pecking order, it sits just above the daily rantic and just below dogdirt.

Hibs.net should ban all links to this rag and the weegie rag.

Just saying likes.

Hibeesmad
25-09-2019, 10:13 AM

He picks the team and instructs them with tactics. If he can't set a team up to hold on to a winning lead then he deserves criticism as well as the players.

FilipinoHibs
25-09-2019, 10:25 AM

The shareholders elect a board to run the club. Given his large shareholding, Ron would be consulted on every major decision. If he did not like things he could put his people in place at an AGM and EGM. That would only way he could stop or reverse decisions he did not like. But I think on PH he would take the ad ice if the board. Farmer did not decide to have Butcher sacked that was the board and LD although I sure they ran it by him.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 10:30 AM
The shareholders elect a board to run the club. Given his large shareholding, Ron would be consulted on every major decision. If he did not like things he could put his people in place at an AGM and EGM. That would only way he could stop or reverse decisions he did not like. But I think on PH he would take the ad ice if the board. Farmer did not decide to have Butcher sacked that was the board and LD although I sure they ran it by him.

I’m hoping Ron is going to be a lot more hands on than Farmer. If the board don’t do as instructed on something as important as the managers job then they will find themselves without a job fairly soon.

ahibby
25-09-2019, 10:37 AM

I agree there are players in our team who go deeper and deeper when 1 up instead of playing to game plan and they must share the blame. Someone correct me if i am wrong but i dont think we have had any success using Flo as a target man for long balls? PH at fault for that?

FilipinoHibs
25-09-2019, 10:44 AM
I’m hoping Ron is going to be a lot more hands on than Farmer. If the board don’t do as instructed on something as important as the managers job then they will find themselves without a job fairly soon.

I am still sure he will take guidance from the board. He knows even less about Scottish football and Hibs than Farmer.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 11:47 AM
I am still sure he will take guidance from the board. He knows even less about Scottish football and Hibs than Farmer.

Maybe not, there must be a reason he’s invested in it?

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Maybe not, there must be a reason he’s invested in it?

It would be nice to know right enough. I'm sure he isn't treating us as some sort of philanthropical project.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 12:10 PM
It would be nice to know right enough. I'm sure he isn't treating us as some sort of philanthropical project.

Time for google

p h i l a n....

:greengrin

Hibeesmad
25-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Ron's first game in attendance of Hibs since taking over I believe is St Johnstone, the guy might never see us win a game under Hecky :rolleyes:

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Ron's first game in attendance of Hibs since taking over I believe is St Johnstone, the guy won’t ever see us win a game under Hecky :rolleyes:

Fixed 👍

we are hibs
25-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Ron's first game in attendance of Hibs since taking over I believe is St Johnstone, the guy might never see us win a game under Hecky :rolleyes:

He was at stirling first game of the league cup

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-09-2019, 01:31 PM
He was at stirling first game of the league cup

Poor sod! ☺