PDA

View Full Version : Expectation vs Reality

Unseen work
23-09-2019, 08:29 PM
On watching the games yesterday and all season I can’t help but feel we’re the exact opposite of what I expected when Heckingbottom came in.

The first couple of games when we ground out results I was impressed with his tactics and how we looked a lot more solid defensively. I thought the way we were going would be building on a solid defensive and ruthless when we actually get a chance. A bit like Aberdeen and Killie, even if they’re not playing well they grind out results and find a way to win.

Hes made certain comments to the effect of

Levels of fitness they’ve never had before
we can see a more powerful and athletic Hibs team
The team could wear a blank strip but the style of play you would know you’re watching hibs
Uses the loan market to attract better standard of players
A high press

Its just absolute nonsense.

We we have no power or athleticism in our team and this season look so disorganised and just brutal. We would recognise the team in blank strips but certainly not in a good way.

I expected quick strong wingers that can carry the ball and create plenty of chances, a central midfield that buzz about making it difficult for the opposition to get out or put their foot in the ball, a defence that concedes very little let alone poor poor goals which we gift teams. We are the exact opposite of what I anticipated.

Were becoming an absolute laughing stock after years of getting the club back to a good place and their being a real buzz.

Something is really not right and we need someone to come in with a bit of enthusiasm and passion to take us forward.

Are the club potentially not replacing him till after the Celtic game as it would be difficult for a new manager to come in and Killie in the cup and park head be his first two tasks? Maybe they want him to have an easier run at the start to get the fans onside.

We need him gone.

Get back to signing young hungry players that know what it means to play for Hibs and can get the best out of the youngsters available.

BILLYHIBS
23-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Feared the worst the way he lined us up and how we performed versus Celtic in the Cup at Easter Road

Delighted he took us back into the top six

Was sceptical about his signings posted my doubts on here but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt

My patience has finally run out and I now want him gone

I would like to see us if possible bring in a HIBS minded Head Coach and get us back to playing fast exciting entertaining attacking football the Hibernian way

There is class there is first class and then there is HIBS class !

Onion
23-09-2019, 08:58 PM
On watching the games yesterday and all season I can’t help but feel we’re the exact opposite of what I expected when Heckingbottom came in.

The first couple of games when we ground out results I was impressed with his tactics and how we looked a lot more solid defensively. I thought the way we were going would be building on a solid defensive and ruthless when we actually get a chance. A bit like Aberdeen and Killie, even if they’re not playing well they grind out results and find a way to win.

Hes made certain comments to the effect of

Levels of fitness they’ve never had before
we can see a more powerful and athletic Hibs team
The team could wear a blank strip but the style of play you would know you’re watching hibs
Uses the loan market to attract better standard of players
A high press

Its just absolute nonsense.

We we have no power or athleticism in our team and this season look so disorganised and just brutal. We would recognise the team in blank strips but certainly not in a good way.

I expected quick strong wingers that can carry the ball and create plenty of chances, a central midfield that buzz about making it difficult for the opposition to get out or put their foot in the ball, a defence that concedes very little let alone poor poor goals which we gift teams. We are the exact opposite of what I anticipated.

Were becoming an absolute laughing stock after years of getting the club back to a good place and their being a real buzz.

Something is really not right and we need someone to come in with a bit of enthusiasm and passion to take us forward.

Are the club potentially not replacing him till after the Celtic game as it would be difficult for a new manager to come in and Killie in the cup and park head be his first two tasks? Maybe they want him to have an easier run at the start to get the fans onside.

We need him gone.

Get back to signing young hungry players that know what it means to play for Hibs and can get the best out of the youngsters available.

If the Board is waiting for easier matches before inevitably sacking him, then they're worse than we think. It will probably take a few weeks to appoint someone new and Hibs fans are not stupid - we wouldn't expect instant results. We all know how disjointed the squad is, how poor PH's signings are, and how bad morale is. The key is not ****ing up the next appointment. That will take time and perhaps a different approach - like maybe including speaking to some people who fired the guy before (radical stuff, I know). All we do know, is that having no one in charge is infinitely better than having Heckingbottom. The dead silence at pre-match press conferences might be more credible and inspirational than listening to Heckingbottom. He has no affinity with Hibs fans, zero credibility and his signings are telling us everything we need to know about him on the pitch (or is the bench !). It's really quite shocking that this has been allowed to trundle on after yet another abysmal defeat.

Colr
23-09-2019, 08:59 PM
I expect nothing......

...... and receive it in abundance!!

PISTOL1875
His very first game against celtic and the approach he went into that game with was all I needed to know about PH.. Everything he did was the exact opposite of how celtic had failed to beat us at E R in the previous two seasons. It was clear to me then that he hadn't done any homework about how we play and how we approached matches against Celtic and in turn whgy we had been so successful .. I said at the time , it was a bad appointment but results showed apparantely the exact opposite..

Johnny_Leith
We are lacking confidence and we are conceding terrible goals, but the team looks like it doesn't have any kind of resilient mentality.

For all their faults, under Stubbs and Lennon, we always looked like we'd find a way to get a result, or give it everything trying. We were hard to beat most of the time, Under Stubbs we lost 23/100 and Lennon 24/123 but our current squad look beaten the minute we concede.

I think removing Heckingbottom, as he's probably past the point of no return, and replacing him with Stubbs for the remainder of this season would galvanize the fan base a bit, but with this group of player I'd still expect a tough season. We look like relegation fodder even at this early stage, however if we can somehow get past Killie it would be a massive shot in the arm.

Nicho87
23-09-2019, 09:01 PM
Low expectations now due to low manager capabilities

Box 17
23-09-2019, 09:04 PM
You would assume the club would have done their homework and due diligence during the last manager recruitment which led to Hecky being in the top two of an apparently long list of applicants.

We all heard about his short stint at Leeds, but does anyone know how he went down at Barnsley with the fans, what his record was like, were they glad to see the back of him?