PDA

View Full Version : Base Soccer Agency

derek1875hfc
23-09-2019, 05:33 PM
SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN POSTED ALREADY . Any coincidence that Heckingbottom,Doidge,James and Middleton are all with the same agent just seems strange to me only asking.

hibs#1
23-09-2019, 05:35 PM
SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN POSTED ALREADY . Any coincidence that Heckingbottom,Doidge,James and Middleton are all with the same agent just seems strange to me only asking.

Not really happens quite often. Managers have working relationships with agents who then offer them/or alert them to the availability of players they represent.

Does though beg the question of why we have decided to throw out the model of having a head coach/director of football to going back to what we had previously.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Trying to figure whether this is part of the problem or the solution?

maybe the bigger question is what if any changes have been made to signing policy (or constraints) since we recruited a team of Scottish Cup winners from next to nothing l?

calumhibee1
23-09-2019, 05:42 PM

Nope. Hearts and Aberdeen also have loads of players from them as to other Scottish teams. I’d actually be surprised if there’s not an agency that represents more than 4 of our players.

derek1875hfc
23-09-2019, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=calumhibee1;5938087]Nope. Hearts and Aberdeen also have loads of players from them as to other Scottish teams. I’d actually be surprised if there’s not an agency that represents more than 4 of our players.

no in fact quite a few have no agent Base are the main agents. Im not ITK just took it from internet maybe my bad

hibbysam
23-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Not really happens quite often. Managers have working relationships with agents who then offer them/or alert them to the availability of players they represent.

Does though beg the question of why we have decided to throw out the model of having a head coach/director of football to going back to what we had previously.

That’s the issue, we’re told we have this super duper top of the range scouting department in east mains who dissect every stat known to man and present players to the manager, not accepting that by sheer coincidence the players we happen to find are all part of the same agency.

green day
23-09-2019, 06:49 PM
There was a twitter rumour yesterday that "all the players he signed were from the same agency as him".

It only takes 5 minutes of browsing to see that is mince.

tamig
23-09-2019, 06:50 PM
That’s the issue, we’re told we have this super duper top of the range scouting department in east mains who dissect every stat known to man and present players to the manager, not accepting that by sheer coincidence the players we happen to find are all part of the same agency.

No, its the fact the manager doesn’t fancy the recommendations and just does his own thing.

BroxburnHibee
23-09-2019, 06:51 PM
We used to slag Levein for using his pal Colquhouns players.

04Sauzee
23-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Don't see anything strange in this

hibbysam
23-09-2019, 06:58 PM
No, its the fact the manager doesn’t fancy the recommendations and just does his own thing.

The head coach doesn’t pick up the phone to clubs to purchase players or put contracts in front of free agents. All the talk from Leeann when she came was that the setup we have means that the manager doesn’t get free reign to sign who he wants, our scouting team scouts the players, the head coach picks from that what they want and GC & LD then sign these off and go to work on buying them.

It’s even worse than we thought if we’re just ripping up our strategy and structure because they head coach fancies a change.

thegaffer12
23-09-2019, 07:16 PM
James and Middleton have got pass marks so far, not seen enough of Doidge recently so can't comment on him.

tamig
23-09-2019, 07:32 PM
The head coach doesn’t pick up the phone to clubs to purchase players or put contracts in front of free agents. All the talk from Leeann when she came was that the setup we have means that the manager doesn’t get free reign to sign who he wants, our scouting team scouts the players, the head coach picks from that what they want and GC & LD then sign these off and go to work on buying them.

It’s even worse than we thought if we’re just ripping up our strategy and structure because they head coach fancies a change.
The recruitment team are a tool that can be utilised by the manager. He isn’t limited to signing only from players they’ve recommended. Stubbs used the model excellently. Lennon less so.

hibbysam
23-09-2019, 10:19 PM
The recruitment team are a tool that can be utilised by the manager. He isn’t limited to signing only from players they’ve recommended. Stubbs used the model excellently. Lennon less so.

Difference being Lennon signed top quality players using his superior contacts so of course they were going to get signed off. We’ve signed boys this year based on ‘interest from championship/league one clubs so he must be good’ , breaking the model for top quality game changers, fair enough, breaking the model on gambles, not for me.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 11:16 PM
Difference being Lennon signed top quality players using his superior contacts so of course they were going to get signed off. We’ve signed boys this year based on ‘interest from championship/league one clubs so he must be good’ , breaking the model for top quality game changers, fair enough, breaking the model on gambles, not for me.

Lennon signed a vast amount of ***** too.

hibbysam
24-09-2019, 06:57 AM
Lennon signed a vast amount of ***** too.

He did, what I meant was the obvious Lennon linked players (Ambrose,
Commons, Marciano etc) were quality players and the reason we allowed him to sign some of his own suggestions. The rest is guesswork whether they were Lennon suggested or if they were put forward by our recruitment team. If the previous poster was true in saying that only really Stubbs has utilised the structure that we have in place then massive questions should be asked, why the **** we are spending fortunes on a massive scouting network, and why we are allowing managers to rip up our structure.

Diclonius
24-09-2019, 07:01 AM
I'm fed up of seeing this mince get brought up every week. It isn't the problem.

we are hibs
24-09-2019, 07:03 AM
Can someone tell me if we actually send scouts to watch potential signings anymore? I heard someone say on sunday that we dont. We just watch clips of them that agents put together.

green day
24-09-2019, 07:11 AM
Can someone tell me if we actually send scouts to watch potential signings anymore? I heard someone say on sunday that we dont. We just watch clips of them that agents put together.

I have a mate that scouts for hibs if that helps.

jacomo
24-09-2019, 07:13 AM
I think it’s a valid question.

Something has gone wrong with our recruitment and I’d like to know why.

calumhibee1
24-09-2019, 07:23 AM
He did, what I meant was the obvious Lennon linked players (Ambrose,
Commons, Marciano etc) were quality players and the reason we allowed him to sign some of his own suggestions. The rest is guesswork whether they were Lennon suggested or if they were put forward by our recruitment team. If the previous poster was true in saying that only really Stubbs has utilised the structure that we have in place then massive questions should be asked, why the **** we are spending fortunes on a massive scouting network, and why we are allowing managers to rip up our structure.

If Stubbs utilised the system fully then the next manager should be appointed based on doing the same thing as Stubbs signings were superb.

scoopyboy
24-09-2019, 08:16 AM
I have a mate that scouts for hibs if that helps.

Does his recommendations get followed up or does he feel he is wasting his time?

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 08:20 AM
If Stubbs utilised the system fully then the next manager should be appointed based on doing the same thing as Stubbs signings were superb.

I thought that was what the plan was going to be but then set some allowances because it was Lennon. Now we’ve continued with the fraudster in charge at the moment and allowed him to sign utter utter ***** with not even a plan of how to use them.

Steven79
24-09-2019, 08:28 AM
I thought that was what the plan was going to be but then set some allowances because it was Lennon. Now we’ve continued with the fraudster in charge at the moment and allowed him to sign utter utter ***** with not even a plan of how to use them.

That's the biggest frustration for me in that we signed Doidge, James & Newell to be first team players and they are now benched as the manager clearly dosen't fancy them.

We are going to be stuck with this mess that he leaves behind for a while and the longer it takes to bin him the worse the damage is going to be...

green day
24-09-2019, 08:28 AM
Does his recommendations get followed up or does he feel he is wasting his time?

Actually, his role is related to academy recruitment so probably not relevant in the context of the original question.

MyJo
24-09-2019, 10:15 AM

If we genuinely have faith in this process then we need to hire someone to coach the first team but are comfortable in not having the final say on signings.

Stubbs came from coaching youth teams where I doubt he had any say on the players in his squad but it was his job to get the best out of who he was given. Given that he was probably happy to work with the recruitment team in building the squad.

Lennon was a more experienced manager with a wider network of his own from which he was used to sourcing players. He was also used to signing his own players and we allowed him the freedom to do that while the recruitment team supported his decisions.

Hecky seems to have been given the same kind of freedom that Lennon was and he has stuck, rigidly, to what he knows: EFL level players and those made available to him through his own agent. Some of the signings are promising and there is an argument that a lot of them should be playing better than they have been based on their previous careers but all in all it's looking like he is a manager who shouldn't have been trusted to sign players in the same way that Lennon was.

I think we need to make it clear from the next appointment on that the head coach does not get the final say on signings. If that means we don't sign a big name manager and go down the route of experienced youth coaches stepping up in their career then so be it.