PDA

View Full Version : Celtic at home on Saturday.

we are hibs
23-09-2019, 05:24 PM
As the options state. What you planning on doing?

Doh Rae Me
23-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Was asked on Saturday and I said wait on derby result. No danger am I paying to watch that utter tripe.

Steven79
23-09-2019, 05:29 PM
As the options state. What you planning on doing?It could get really nasty both in terms of the scoreline and the post match atmosphere.

Lennon will smell blood and if I was in his shoes I would want as many goals as possible.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gatecrasher
23-09-2019, 05:34 PM
STH-nope, I wasn't there yesterday and I won't be there on Saturday. I can't really be bothered with Hibs just now, for the club to just make a huge leap backwards in the way that it has after everything we have went through the last 4 or 5 years has really sickened me.

Diclonius
23-09-2019, 05:35 PM
I'm still on holiday, but otherwise I'd still be going.

Pretty Boy
23-09-2019, 05:38 PM
For some reason I thought it was a Europa League week and going to be on Sunday. Had that been the case it was a straight shoot between the football and Musselburgh races, as of 4.50 yesterday the racing was winning. As the week progressed though I daresay ER would have been the choice.

Irrelevant really as the game is Saturday and I'll be there as usual.

TheMentalHibees
23-09-2019, 05:40 PM
I’m genuinely considering not going. Life is too short to spend time on something that brings you no joy, and hibs at the moment are a chore. The club already have my money so the only way to show displeasure is to leave an empty seat. That’s what will be noticed more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerald green
23-09-2019, 05:40 PM
I've not decided whether or not I will attend on Saturday. I honestly don't think we've got a hope in hell of taking anything from this match other than a hammering. I'm a season ticket holder. A disillusioned one.

Sir David Gray
23-09-2019, 05:41 PM
I'll continue going to all home league games but won't be going to any away games until we change the manager.

I'll be there on Saturday but not looking forward to it one bit. I fear it will end in a cricket score.

Pretty Boy
23-09-2019, 05:42 PM
It could get really nasty both in terms of the scoreline and the post match atmosphere.

Lennon will smell blood and if I was in his shoes I would want as many goals as possible.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lennon will want a lot of goals because the league could be that close this year. Celtic and Rangers are streets ahead.

I doubt he's given Hibs a second thought, beyond as future opponents, in recent weeks.

hibeerealist
23-09-2019, 05:46 PM
As the options state. What you planning on doing?

Family of 6 STH none going Saturday, empty seats are what will force Ron to take action. Unfortunately, that may well affect our players but I don’t think there are many, if any, out there that think we will get anything from this game or any game.

H18S NX
23-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Two season ticket holders here won,t be going.

Ronniekirk
23-09-2019, 06:38 PM
Season ticket holder Wad there on Sunday and will be at Killie game but plan to sit this one out given Our form and Heck s tactics and team selections Plus players look tired so three games in a week won’t do us any favours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyrie
23-09-2019, 06:40 PM
Season ticket holder who won't be there.

To be fair I wasn't planning on going anyway as I have other things to do that day, but the difference is that I'm no longer bothered about missing the game.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2019, 06:41 PM
Should bookmark this one for the next ticket scramble

hfc rd
23-09-2019, 06:42 PM
STH - not going.

Don’t blame anyone else that’s not attending either.

scuttle
23-09-2019, 06:42 PM
Yes ST holder

wandering_hibee
23-09-2019, 06:44 PM
I am a season ticket holder in the West stand. I live North of Perth so roughly a 3 hour round trip on top of the game, always well worth it when we are playing well or when we are playing well and losing.
With almost zero chance of winning and not playing well then this weekend I will find something more interesting to do with time although I really hope that the team prove me to have made a mistake and manage to get a win.

kaimendhibs
23-09-2019, 06:46 PM
At the minute still going but will see how it goes in Killie.
STH and ASTH. Pissed off but not in total despair.......yet

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

ehf
23-09-2019, 06:48 PM
I'm a season ticket holder and very tempted give it a swerve but will go, more out of a sense of morbid fascination at how bad it will be than anything else.

Smartie
23-09-2019, 06:49 PM
ST holder not going.

My other half is on a hen this weekend so my wee girl has her daddy all to herself for the whole weekend for the first time.

Life is too short to go to Heckingbottom vs either of the old firm so I don't think I'd have gone even if I didn't have a good excuse.

I don't think I'll even watch it on tv or follow it on here - partly disinterested, mostly unable to multitask whilst supervising an 18 month old trying to hurt herself constantly.

flash
23-09-2019, 06:50 PM
Am going. It's a social thing for me a chance to see my mates. Hope the ST holders not going give them to someone who maybe couldn't afford to go normally.

Hermit Crab
23-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Going but might not last long at the game.

Mixu1875
23-09-2019, 07:06 PM
I’ll be there. No matter how ***** we are, I’d never stop going. Can’t get my head around folk who stop going because things aren’t going well, doesn’t sit well with me. I’m there to support my team, no matter what.

Glory Lurker
23-09-2019, 07:06 PM
Can't vote on phone, but I'm ST no.

madhatter
23-09-2019, 07:10 PM
I’ll be there. No matter how ***** we are, I’d never stop going. Can’t get my head around folk who stop going because things aren’t going well, doesn’t sit well with me. I’m there to support my team, no matter what.

What I can’t get my head around is, if people don’t stop going how’d you expect the club to get the message that people aren’t happy? Social media rants? Boo the team that you’re there to support? Abuse the manager in the stadium?

Every club in the world is the same in this regard, empty seats is the clearest message ever.

Mixu1875
23-09-2019, 07:13 PM
What I can’t get my head around is, if people don’t stop going how’d you expect the club to get the message that people aren’t happy? Social media rants? Boo the team that you’re there to support? Abuse the manager in the stadium?

Every club in the world is the same in this regard, empty seats is the clearest message ever.

For me, the answer is to hold protests/demonstrations pre or post match. Hibs are my team, I’m not going to stop going along and supporting them because they’re *****. That is what being a football fan is all about, supporting your team, in my opinion.

madhatter
23-09-2019, 07:19 PM
For me, the answer is to hold protests/demonstrations pre or post match. Hibs are my team, I’m not going to stop going along and supporting them because they’re *****. That is what being a football fan is all about, supporting your team, in my opinion.

Does my paid up ST not constitute support? A football fan is not about being a supporter, being a supporter is about supporting. I am a Hibs supporter and a football fan. I supported club through some dark days, in the lead up to relegation, in the relegated years but this current slide has me really concerned. This is like Calderwood/Butcher and, as far as I can see, the club are just hoping things turn around. I won’t support that.

Club need to give us something meaningful to support. Club have been stripped off heroes and we’ve replaced them with players that don’t care/aren’t good enough (that is quite clear).

hibee_girl
23-09-2019, 07:23 PM
STH - I’ll be there

CorrieHibs
23-09-2019, 07:48 PM
Season ticket holder and won’t be going. Had enough of Hecky and his sh**e! Instead will go to the pub and have a few beers.

mutley
23-09-2019, 07:56 PM
I’m STH too, and usually I say f*** it, I’ve paid my money, I’m going.

At the moment I really am undecided. I probably will go in the end, like someone else said, it’s a social thing too, time to catch up with mates etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Harp
23-09-2019, 09:39 PM
I'm a STH and will be going. Certainly fearful of the result though. Been through similar scenarios with Hibs down the years but foolishly thought those dark days were in the past. How wrong I was. The enjoyment of going to the games under Stubbs and Lennon (most of the time) has now gone completely in a ridiculously short space of time.

Bishop Hibee
23-09-2019, 09:46 PM
I'll be there. I've actually arranged two tickets for a couple of German fans who are over for the weekend. They weren't impressed at £32 a ticket and I couldn't believe it either.

pacoluna
23-09-2019, 09:51 PM
My season ticket serves a purpose - to support hibs , win lose or draw.

Hibernia&Alba
23-09-2019, 10:03 PM
STH and dreading it. I will probably end up going, but I admit it's a game I'm tempted to avoid. If they get an early goal, it could become messy.

CMurdoch
23-09-2019, 10:04 PM
STH - Will be there.

If not a STH would probably pass.
STH not going as a protest is a waste of time. They already have your money so whether you go or not is irrelevant to the club.
The only protest that will register is a big reduction in walk up's.

It is hard to believe we have drawn with St Johnstone and lost to Kilmarnock, Motherwell & Hearts and are dug ***** into the bargain.

percy veer
23-09-2019, 10:04 PM

well said.https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhGQASAPcEAAAAAAD/Qv EQv///wD/QAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAD/QCH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQFZAAEACwAAAAAGQASAAAIjgAJCBQIoGDBgQgTKiwooGHDgws hDgTgsOLDhAAGaAQwUYBBhx85EtS4cWLGjR5JSjxZkgDFkwwLo hTJUqTLlANiwvQ4seVNjwwfBoVokKjFo0Jlksz506NFiklZtoQ KFSjIoktLVv1YsahSn1WP0vzq02VYoAjJMsVYVKHZrDbdupW6V q5cunHtRjQoMCAAIfkECRQABAAsCQADAAQABAAACAsABQgkILC gwYEBAQAh QQJCgAEACwJAAAAEAASAAAIaQABEBhIkCCAgwQFICxIAMCAhwI JCJgYcaDDhwMiTqRoEGPGgRsVdoSYMGTFixU3AlCI8KBLiwcpu vT4MSTLgzQFKlQ5M dKmS4vkjQZNKdEjiMx6lxoUCjEigWdfmSYlCTVpi vah0YEAAh QQJCgAEACwJAAAAEAASAAAIZwABEBhIsKBBAQAEGiSQUCEBARA dDgQwoKJCiBEJUqw44CJGhxstDsSYkSFHhx8RahQ5MWFEhQ0Tj iQZk6NIhB8b2uzIMKfOnQBoxgzJ82NLokVlakQqUOJSoAsnQo1 q0qZTg0MHBgQAIfkECQoABAAsCQAAABAAEgAACGkAARAYSJAgg IMEBSAsSADAgIcCCQiYGHGgw4cDIk6kaBBjxoEbFXaEmDBkxYs VNwJQiPCgS4sHKbr0 DEky4M0BSpUOTPnSpkuL5I0GTSnRI4jMepcaFAoxIoFnX5kmJQ k1aYvr2odGBAAIfkECQoABAAsCQAAABAAEgAACGcAARAYSLCgQ QEABBokkFAhAQEQHQ4EMKCiQogRCVKsOOAiRocbLQ7EmJEhR4c fEWoUOTFhRIUNE44kGZOjSIQfG9rsyDCnzp0AaMYMyfNjS6JFZ WpEKlDiUqALJ0KNatKmU4NDBwYEACH5BAkKAAQALAkAAAAQABI AAAhpAAEQGEiQIICDBAUgLEgAwICHAgkImBhxoMOHAyJOpGgQY 8aBGxV2hJgwZMWLFTcCUIjwoEuLBym69PgxJMuDNAUqVDkz50q ZLi SNBk0p0SOIzHqXGhQKMSKBZ1 ZJiUJNWmL69qHRgQACH5BAkKAAQALAkAAAAQABIAAAhnAAEQGE iwoEEBAAQaJJBQIQEBEB0OBDCgokKIEQlSrDjgIkaHGy0OxJiR IUeHHxFqFDkxYUSFDROOJBmTo0iEHxva7Mgwp86dAGjGDMnzY0 uiRWVqRCpQ4lKgCydCjWrSplODQwcGBAAh QQJCgAEACwJAAAAEAASAAAIaQABEBhIkCCAgwQFICxIAMCAhwI JCJgYcaDDhwMiTqRoEGPGgRsVdoSYMGTFixU3AlCI8KBLiwcpu vT4MSTLgzQFKlQ5M dKmS4vkjQZNKdEjiMx6lxoUCjEigWdfmSYlCTVpi vah0YEAAh QQJCgAEACwJAAAAEAASAAAIZwABEBhIsKBBAQAEGiSQUCEBARA dDgQwoKJCiBEJUqw44CJGhxstDsSYkSFHhx8RahQ5MWFEhQ0Tj iQZk6NIhB8b2uzIMKfOnQBoxgzJ82NLokVlakQqUOJSoAsnQo1 q0qZTg0MHBgQAIfkECQoABAAsCQAAABAAEgAACGkAARAYSJAgg IMEBSAsSADAgIcCCQiYGHGgw4cDIk6kaBBjxoEbFXaEmDBkxYs VNwJQiPCgS4sHKbr0 DEky4M0BSpUOTPnSpkuL5I0GTSnRI4jMepcaFAoxIoFnX5kmJQ k1aYvr2odGBAAIfkECQoABAAsCQAAABAAEgAACGcAARAYSLCgQ QEABBokkFAhAQEQHQ4EMKCiQogRCVKsOOAiRocbLQ7EmJEhR4c fEWoUOTFhRIUNE44kGZOjSIQfG9rsyDCnzp0AaMYMyfNjS6JFZ WpEKlDiUqALJ0KNatKmU4NDBwYEACH5BAUKAAQALAkAAAAQABI AAAhpAAEQGEiQIICDBAUgLEgAwICHAgkImBhxoMOHAyJOpGgQY 8aBGxV2hJgwZMWLFTcCUIjwoEuLBym69PgxJMuDNAUqVDkz50q ZLi SNBk0p0SOIzHqXGhQKMSKBZ1 ZJiUJNWmL69qHRgQADs=

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 10:09 PM
STH - Will be there.

If not a STH would probably pass.
STH not going as a protest is a waste of time. They already have your money so whether you go or not is irrelevant to the club.
The only protest that will register is a big reduction in walk up's.

It is hard to believe we have drawn with St Johnstone and lost to Kilmarnock, Motherwell & Hearts and are dug ***** into the bargain.

The empty seats, even if paid for, will register with them I’m sure.

It shows that people are starting to disengage and if they do that the money is going to start drying up down the line.

Partyraiser
23-09-2019, 10:10 PM
I'm a st holder, also been to all away games this season and if you'd asked me this yesterday I'd have said "no chance."

I'm now undecided, what else is there to do on a Saturday!? I'm even now considering going on Wednesday, wtf is wrong with me!?

heretoday
23-09-2019, 10:11 PM
What a bunch of snowflakes honestly!

How about going along and getting right behind the team?

Captain Trips
23-09-2019, 10:19 PM
We should be going into this looking to have a go at Celtic. PH has had good enough backing to put together a stronger team than last season and there should have been optimism on this thread. We seem to have the mentality of 6/7 8 and 9 years ago and that is a pity and understandable. I think we are in severe trouble this weekend under PHs stand back in amazement tactics.

madhatter
23-09-2019, 10:26 PM

Because the snowflakes are in the team? We were right behind the team against Hearts and well...they capitulated just like every game this season. People seem to think our support plays a massive part. if it does I worry for these players because I’d be sliding into challenges and throwing myself around on a pitch with 0 spectators. If they can’t motivate themselves then they should give the game up. This is part of the reason McGinn reached a higher level, drive and determination.

When did glory hunters become known as snowflakes? Since Jacob Rees-Mogg?

HibeeDaz6270
23-09-2019, 10:36 PM
ST Holder - Not Attending.

I play football on a Saturday morning so the early Kick off made me have to choose between the 2. It was an easy decision.

CMurdoch
23-09-2019, 10:37 PM
The empty seats, even if paid for, will register with them I’m sure.

It shows that people are starting to disengage and if they do that the money is going to start drying up down the line.

The Hibs executive will think they have until the end of the season to get us supporters back on board.
They won't blink but could already be working on a plan B behind Heckenbottoms back.

IMO we will lose to Killi, Celtic & Aberdeen. It will be interesting to see if he gets the bullet at that point or will they give him a chance against the smaller teams which complete thefirst round of matches.
I reckon he will get canned after the Aberdeen game and then the new guy/player coaches will get a chance of a flying start against Ross County & Livingston

Nicho87
23-09-2019, 10:42 PM

Happy clapper

madhatter
23-09-2019, 10:43 PM
The Hibs executive will think they have until the end of the season to get us supporters back on board.
They won't blink but could already be working on a plan B behind Heckenbottoms back.

IMO we will lose to Killi, Celtic & Aberdeen. It will be interesting to see if he gets the bullet at that point or will they give him a chance against the smaller teams which complete thefirst round of matches.
I reckon he will get canned after the Aberdeen game and then the new guy/player coaches will get a chance of a flying start against Ross County & Livingston

Only works if we are looking at his replacement now. If we aren’t, then giving him the games up to the next international break is ridiculous, it’ll mean we are looking for head coach during the break and giving him little time to get any messages across before games come around. Based on track record this will be how we do it though, give a guy another 3 games then spend 2-3 weeks trying to find his replacement while Colin Nish takes charge.

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 06:16 AM
Of course going STH.

Springbank
24-09-2019, 06:21 AM
Leeann's appointment of heckingbottom plus the (now faintly ridiculous) talk of biggest budgets etc will have their Culloden this weekend I fear

In a tight league title race goal difference counts & Lennon will imagine being 5 up by half time and double figures could not be ruled out

Cheers, Board members. Take your time, eh?

Beefster
24-09-2019, 06:37 AM
I’m going and I think we’ll be beaten. I don’t think that we’ll be absolutely gubbed though. It’ll be like the cup game six months ago, I suspect. We’ll barely have a chance and get pummelled but, with 10/11 men behind the ball most of the time, we’ll keep it ‘respectable’.

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2019, 06:37 AM
Leeann's appointment of heckingbottom plus the (now faintly ridiculous) talk of biggest budgets etc will have their Culloden this weekend I fear

In a tight league title race goal difference counts & Lennon will imagine being 5 up by half time and double figures could not be ruled out

Cheers, Board members. Take your time, eh?
Double figures is a bit much. Most likely a very poor 3-0 loss.

twiceinathens
24-09-2019, 06:41 AM
Season ticket holder of more years than I care to remember and a regular attender at away games, including in Europe. Will be there but more out of a sense of duty than anything else. Won't take part in any potential booing but am heading towards that most detructive of emotions - apathy. It seems incredible that the post cup winning euphoria of a couple of years ago could vanish so quickly.

we are hibs
24-09-2019, 06:42 AM

How about the team turn up themselves and show a bit of fight and desire rather than collapsing like little snowflakes as soon as someone scores against us?

Society has moved on. Football and hibs are no longer number 1 in a lot of peoples lives. Why would you want to waste a saturday morning/afternoon watching a hibs side put in another gutless performance and get skudded from celtic? People will find other things to do that dont get them feeling pissed off and irate at the start of their weekend. Its a sad situation we are even having this conversation but that reflects on this team, management and club at the minute. Not the fans.

Coco Bryce
24-09-2019, 06:42 AM
STH - Had enough enough. Won't be back till that clown is removed from his post.

Disgusted he is still here to be honest.

Jamesie
24-09-2019, 06:43 AM
I land at Edinburgh Airport on Friday night at 2300, having been travelling since 0200 on Friday morning. Straight home to bed and up at at it for noon on Saturday - missed the Derby (thankfully)

stoneyburn hibs
24-09-2019, 06:49 AM
STH , I won't be going on Saturday but only due to a prior engagement, and my seat won't be empty.
I can't see me ever deliberately missing a game.

calumhibee1
24-09-2019, 08:16 AM
STH. Will be there. Haven’t even considered not going.

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Looking after my 1 year old. Have it on the tv to get away from CBeebies for a wee while.

Carheenlea
24-09-2019, 08:31 AM
I enjoy my Saturday golf medals, but the noon kick off means that can’t do both. The ST wins for me this week, but it should be alarming for Hibs that so many ST holders are opting for other activities at present when at one time personal diaries were cleared to make way for games. There is minimal financial hit given the ST numbers this term, but the empty seats will indicate to the club the challenge it has in keeping the numbers where they are. It won’t be with Paul Heckingbottom in charge, so that work should start right now.

Scotty Leither
24-09-2019, 09:47 AM
I’m going and I think we’ll be beaten. I don’t think that we’ll be absolutely gubbed though. It’ll be like the cup game six months ago, I suspect. We’ll barely have a chance and get pummelled but, with 10/11 men behind the ball most of the time, we’ll keep it ‘respectable’.

...and that for me is the saddest indictment on this manager.

We're Hibernian football club, QED we have a go at teams at Easter Road, doesn't matter who they are.

He pronounced himself happy with a 0-0 draw at home to Kilmarnock in one of the post-split games last year.

The guy's a loser, end of.