PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottoms Record

Bertie's XI
23-09-2019, 04:10 PM
As Full-time Manager (Before Hibs)

P99 W27 D27 L45 WIN 27% LOSS 45%

As Full-time Manager (Combined with Hibs)

P124 W38 D33 L53 WIN 30% LOSS 43%

League Games as Hibs Manager

P19 W7 D5 L7 WIN 36% LOSS 36%

Last Ten League Games

P10 W1 D2 L7 WIN 10% LOSS 70%

Last Ten League Games (Goals For & Against)

H v Hearts F1 A2
A v Killie F0 A2
A v Well F0 A3
H v St John F2 A2
A v Gers F1 A6
H v St Mir F1 A0
H v Sheep F1 A2
A v Killie F0 A1
A v Gers F0 A1
H v Hearts F1 A1

Total F7 A20

Bright_Hibee
23-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Poor choice for manager. Time to go. Hecky Out.

Box 17
23-09-2019, 04:23 PM
Poor choice for manager. Time to go. Hecky Out.
And he was one of the top two candidates the last time. Doesn't say much for the others on the list.

23-09-2019, 04:27 PM

Last Ten League Games

H v Hearts F1 A2
A v Killie F0 A2
A v Well F0 A3
H v St John F2 A2
A v Gers F1 A6
H v St Mir F1 A0
H v Sheep F1 A2
A v Killie F0 A1
A v Gers F0 A1
H v Hearts F1 A1

Total F7 A20

Wikipedia has it as P149 W54 D38 L57 total managerial record.

Bertie's XI
23-09-2019, 04:45 PM
Wikipedia has it as P149 W54 D38 L57 total managerial record.

That includes caretaker matches, this just includes as full-time manager.

Hermit Crab
23-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Since the split last last season we have conceded 20 goals, scored 7 and only picked up 6 points out of a possible 33. Horrendous stuff and its unacceptable. LD must act now!! He is killing our club.

Marvellous
23-09-2019, 04:55 PM

He was caretaker at Barnsley for 25 matches.

Clarence
23-09-2019, 05:37 PM

Last Ten League Games

H v Hearts F1 A2
A v Killie F0 A2
A v Well F0 A3
H v St John F2 A2
A v Gers F1 A6
H v St Mir F1 A0
H v Sheep F1 A2
A v Killie F0 A1
A v Gers F0 A1
H v Hearts F1 A1

Total F7 A20

Following the Lennon fall out, I think she has hired the candidate who she felt she could get on with and have an easy working relationship with, rather than someone with a good track record.

calumhibee1
23-09-2019, 05:43 PM

Why do caretaker matches not count? Especially if as another poster has said he was caretaker for 25 games at one point..

There’s enough rope to hang him with without removing certain stats to make him look worse.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Why do caretaker matches not count? Especially if as another poster has said he was caretaker for 25 games at one point..

There’s enough rope to hang him with without removing certain stats to make him look worse.

Because once this clown gets to bring in his own players, the sheite hits the fan and results go downwards fast.

Leith Green
23-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Because once this clown gets to bring in his own players, the sheite hits the fan and results go downwards fast.

Seems harsh to call him a clown , but that’s exactly how i feel too

calumhibee1
23-09-2019, 09:50 PM

While that’s true there’s more to being a manager than just signing players though.

If that’s the only logic for removing they 25 games then we’d be as well removing his period here last season as he hadn’t made any signings then either. Then we can make him look even worse again.

Like I said earlier, there’s no doubting there’s plenty other statistics to beat him with. Removing all his really good periods just to make them look worse is being selective with the statistics to say the least. And not really necessary either when there’s plenty to complain about anyway.

Diclonius
23-09-2019, 09:53 PM
The only argument left against Heckingbottom is his semi decent win percentage at Hibs (42%), so I've broken it down by team and ordered it by finishing position last year. Watch the pattern.

Celtic: 0%
Rangers: 0%
Kilmarnock: 0%
Aberdeen: 0%
Hearts: 33%
St Johnstone: 50%
Motherwell: 50%
Livingston: 100%
Hamilton: 100%
St Mirren: 100%
Dundee: 100%

Vault Boy
23-09-2019, 09:57 PM
The only argument left against Heckingbottom is his semi decent win percentage at Hibs (42%), so I've broken it down by team and ordered it by finishing position last year. Watch the pattern.

Even though I knew this was the case, it's so damming when it's written down like this.

turn and burn
23-09-2019, 10:02 PM

Aye, this rings true and says it all.

GreenCastle
23-09-2019, 10:04 PM
We have also had 100 shots against us in 6 league games.

We still haven’t played Celtic or Aberdeen.

Like previous awful Hibs teams I can’t remember the last time we were losing and showed character to come back and win in a league game.

Usually lose 1 goal or concede and we end up losing. Rarely keep clean sheets.

Hibernia&Alba
23-09-2019, 11:20 PM
We have also had 100 shots against us in 6 league games.

We still haven’t played Celtic or Aberdeen.

Like previous awful Hibs teams I can’t remember the last time we were losing and showed character to come back and win in a league game.

Usually lose 1 goal or concede and we end up losing. Rarely keep clean sheets.

Bloody hell, I didn't know that.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2019, 07:41 AM
While that’s true there’s more to being a manager than just signing players though.

If that’s the only logic for removing they 25 games then we’d be as well removing his period here last season as he hadn’t made any signings then either. Then we can make him look even worse again.

Like I said earlier, there’s no doubting there’s plenty other statistics to beat him with. Removing all his really good periods just to make them look worse is being selective with the statistics to say the least. And not really necessary either when there’s plenty to complain about anyway.

The way to judging a manager is what he does when he gets his feet under the table and starts to manage HIS team.

This idiot has managed to make us worse, something you thought impossible, simply by bringing in absolute dross to play alongside the crap he kept.

He's useless, and built as bad a side as we've seen for a while that WILL relegate us, and remember how much he's spent doing this. :faf:

The Leith Dutch
24-09-2019, 07:47 AM

That's some good work there on the stats front.

Those are stats that someone in the boardroom needs to be looking at.
They are miles off the stats of a team where the stated ambition (RG) is "Best of the rest".

GreenCastle
24-09-2019, 07:49 AM
Bloody hell, I didn't know that.

Oddly Hearts were the first team to have less shots than anyone else against us this season. We had more than them !

But what it does tell you is that defensively we are too wide open, can’t tackle and not having a settled team / defensive midfielder means teams are creating chances against us.

Posted on another thread..

When we got relegated in 2013/14 we had 14 points after 9 games.

This season we will probably have 4 points after 9 games.

calumhibee1
24-09-2019, 08:05 AM
The way to judging a manager is what he does when he gets his feet under the table and starts to manage HIS team.

This idiot has managed to make us worse, something you thought impossible, simply by bringing in absolute dross to play alongside the crap he kept.

He's useless, and built as bad a side as we've seen for a while that WILL relegate us, and remember how much he's spent doing this. :faf:

People were already judging him last season when we didn’t win a game after the split when he was working with Lennons team.

I’m not debating the merits of PH or the side he’s built here. It just seems strange to take out a big chunk of his games based on the fact he hadn’t made any signings. In reality they’re just being removed to make his stats look worse to try and prove a point more emphatically. If he’d been pish in that period you can bet your life they’d be included.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2019, 08:10 AM
People were already judging him last season when we didn’t win a game after the split when he was working with Lennons team.

I’m not debating the merits of PH or the side he’s built here. It just seems strange to take out a big chunk of his games based on the fact he hadn’t made any signings. In reality they’re just being removed to make his stats look worse to try and prove a point more emphatically. If he’d been pish in that period you can bet your life they’d be included in his record.

I'm judging him on HIS team, HIS tactics and HIS style of play.

Its drivel of the worst kind, because of HIS signings HIS style of play and tactics that have made us much worse than anyone could reasonably thought.

Hibby Kay-Yay
24-09-2019, 08:17 AM

Its drivel of the worst kind, because of HIS signings HIS style of play and tactics that have made us much worse than anyone could reasonably thought.

Still hard to judge him on his players as they are not getting played regularly enough, Newell, Doidge... :cb

BILLYHIBS
24-09-2019, 08:28 AM

So not a top four finish then?

:faf:

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2019, 09:11 AM
So not a top four finish then?

:faf:
Maybe next season, remember we can beat Morton or was it a draw? :wink:

Smartie
24-09-2019, 09:30 AM
Still hard to judge him on his players as they are not getting played regularly enough, Newell, Doidge... :cb

Is it unreasonable to judge him on having signed players who he personally doesn't seem to be good enough to get into this terrible team?