PDA

View Full Version : Should Leeann Dempster Go?

Bright_Hibee
23-09-2019, 12:28 PM
It's with a heavy heart that I post this, but I feel it's only fair following the constant polls asking about Hecky and his future.

Since coming in there have been plenty of pros: re-engagement with the fans, sorting out the football structure, supporting managers financially, getting the stadium looking like our home and just generally bringing a feelgood factor.

However, there have been cons too: loyalty points failure, ongoing ticketing issues, huge increase in ticket prices, failing to adhere to the football structure she implemented, radio silence when things aren't going well, a high staff turnover at a small business, failure to get a commercial sponsor and her hefty salary too - as per accounts last year it was over £200k.

Is it time for her to leave?

Heisenberg
23-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Ron will eventually get his own person in. George Craig can go too.

Hibbyradge
23-09-2019, 12:33 PM
It's with a heavy heart that I post this, but I feel it's only fair following the constant polls asking about Hecky and his future.

Since coming in there have been plenty of pros: re-engagement with the fans, sorting out the football structure, supporting managers financially, getting the stadium looking like our home and just generally bringing a feelgood factor.

However, there have been cons too: loyalty points failure, ongoing ticketing issues, huge increase in ticket prices, failing to adhere to the football structure she implemented, radio silence when things aren't going well, a high staff turnover at a small business, failure to get a commercial sponsor and her hefty salary too - as per accounts last year it was over £200k.

Loaded any questions lately? :hilarious :wink:

Bright_Hibee
23-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Loaded any questions lately? :hilarious :wink:

Hey, like I said there are positives too! I know your joking but if someone wants to add more of them in then that would be dandy :aok:

The 90+2
Time for the football department to get a complete shake up. Summer recruitment has been a shambles for the past three years and we’ve gradually declined to the position we find ourselves in.

The longer she sits back and doesn’t sack the manager the longer her credibility dwindles.

Wilson
I'm not sure what her role is now. Has she been sidelined or silenced under the new regime? I'm not seeing strong and positive leadership coming from the club full stop.

With Petrie leaving and Ron Gordon taking over I suspect her role is not the same as it was...

Whatever the reason for the malaise I feel that it is time for change off the field as well as a change in head coach.

23-09-2019, 12:37 PM
How she deals with PH will be the decider for me.

Beefster
23-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Not yet but it's the first time she's really under pressure. Timing could be better for her.

I'd be more inclined to ask questions of the guys running the 'football department' first.

The Harp Awakes
23-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Something has gone badly wrong at Hibs over the last year or so, both on and off the pitch. Leeann is the CEO and must take responsibility for this, just like she rightfully took much of the credit in the first 2-3 years of her reign.

She needs to act now to stop the rot and confirm a plan to get us out of this mess. Continuing silence from the Club suggests no action which is simply not good enough.

If she is not prepared to stand up and show a bit of leadership she needs to go.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-09-2019, 12:41 PM

Welcome!

Nakedmanoncrack
23-09-2019, 12:46 PM
As I posted in the other thread - for all the cult of ''Leeann'', arguably we are in at least as bad a position as we were when she agreed to take the job - at that time we had what looked a comfortable lead over the teams in relegation danger, unlike now, and we weren't saddled with the dross on long term contracts back then that we've got now.

One thing that hasn't changed it seems, is that it appears we've still got an absentee owner with little interest, this one's intentions & long term commitment being far from clear.

Club is a shambles at the moment, with multiple problems - not just on the park, I think we can all see that - all except those responsible.

Pretty Boy
23-09-2019, 12:50 PM
6 months or a year ago I'd have dismissed this as a ridiculous question but I think it's one which increasingly has merit in being discussed.

Firstly it has to be acknowledged that the situation she inherited was shambolic and as part of a wider team she made many positive changes that culminated in both a return to the Premiership and the greatest day in all our football supporting lives. However like any business football is constantly evolving and past successes quickly become less relevant. There are undoubtedly questions that need to be both asked and answered. Why have we abandoned a recruitment and management structure that was working successfully? Why are we without a shirt sponsor? Why does our commercial income lag behind the 2 clubs closest in size to us in our league? Why have we been grossly under performing on the park for much of last and the start of this season? Why has the interaction between club and fans become less frequent? Why has the quality of our social media output dropped?

Of course a lot of those issues listed above would be far less of a big deal if we were performing on the park, but we aren't. Leeann Dempster, George Craig, Graham Mathie and many other were all lavished with praise when things were going well so they have to accept there will be questions asked and criticism coming their way now that they are not going so well. Over the last few years the board have had a pretty easy ride really; largely down to the fact they have done a decent job. Now the chips are down they need to earn their corn and sort this mess out.

I suppose that's a long winded way of saying I don't know. There's a temptation when things get a bit rough to chuck the baby along with the bathwater and I suppose given the good things LD et al have achieved they probably deserve the chance to rectify the current situation. If we are still in this position in a few weeks time and they can't or won't act then I may feel differently. For now I think there is enough credit in the bank to trust them to sort this out promptly, removing the head coach from his position would be a good starting point.

AgentDaleCooper
23-09-2019, 12:50 PM
This is mental. Would you be asking this at this stage if she was a man? Genuinely. She's made one bad appointment. Any cheif exec. would take longer than the fans would like to sack a manager, because they've got to be mindful of the financial ramifications etc. I have no idea where people are getting this 'stubborn' thing from. Certainly no more so than Petrie.

we are hibs
23-09-2019, 12:53 PM
This is mental. Would you be asking this at this stage if she was a man? Genuinely. She's made one bad appointment. Any cheif exec. would take longer than the fans would like to sack a manager, because they've got to be mindful of the financial ramifications etc. I have no idea where people are getting this 'stubborn' thing from. Certainly no more so than Petrie.

Its got nothing to do with if shes a women or man. Shes not performing her role well enough.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 12:53 PM

Why play the sexism card when nobody’s said that at all nor has it ever been mentioned when lots of credit was given to her.

Forza Fred
23-09-2019, 12:56 PM
I know we are hurting at the moment but I'm not sure its wise to flail about like a proverbial drunken sailor hitting everybody in sight.

Hecky is the person who should be called to account.

Diclonius
23-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Not yet.

makaveli1875
23-09-2019, 01:02 PM
If she shows leadership and admits shes made a shop front of the manager , gets shot of him quick before he does lasting damage then stay , If she keeps him on till christmas and were bottom of the league out the cup etc she can go with him

Wilson
23-09-2019, 01:04 PM
I know we are hurting at the moment but I'm not sure its wise to flail about like a proverbial drunken sailor hitting everybody in sight.

Hecky is the person who should be called to account.

I don't think that is what's happening. We're asking the right questions. The answer might be that she deserves a chance to replace Heck. The question still needs asked though.

CloudSquall
23-09-2019, 01:06 PM
Not yet, but it all depends on how she handles the current slide.

I think it was a huge failing not to have found a sponsor for this season and the stubbornness over certain issues (FF lower family area, loyalty points) is an issue for me and for me it could be this stubbornness that sees us stuck with Heckingbottom for longer..

yerauldda
23-09-2019, 01:40 PM
No chance, she's made one bad appointment. People have extremely short memories, let's judge her on how we recover from the position we are in at the moment.

BroxburnHibee
23-09-2019, 01:54 PM
I don't think she should go however if she doesn't get rid of him before Wednesday and we find ourselves out the cup and bottom of the league by the weekend then she'll find the criticism will get even worse.

loanheadhibby
23-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Absolutely she should go and will go as the Invisible man will ultimately want his own guy.

loanheadhibby
23-09-2019, 02:10 PM
No chance, she's made one bad appointment. People have extremely short memories, let's judge her on how we recover from the position we are in at the moment.

Are you not looking at this in isolation? What about the commercial performance (or lack of) this season.

hibbydad
23-09-2019, 02:11 PM
She said her door would always be open but yesterday she refused to come and talk to the fans

HappyAsHellas
23-09-2019, 02:18 PM
I think it's pretty unanimous that everyone wants to see the back of Hecky, and the sooner the better. What we know nothing about is our new owner, and how he is reacting, if at all, to what is happening on the pitch. Part of me is hoping that Leeann will have been talking to the right people about a replacement, and waiting till all the ducks are in a row before firing Hecky. If she fires him today with no one to come in, how will it improve things? We would perhaps have Eddie May in charge again, a man who has stated he's not interested in the job and the players didn't exactly bust a gut for him the last time. I'm sure she's well aware of how things stand and would imagine the international break would make a good time for new arrivals.

worcesterhibby
23-09-2019, 02:21 PM
To be honest, what we think makes no odds, on either Heck or Leeann. It's about what Ron thinks...he owns the club..he is in charge...in nmy book the buck stops with him as far as leadership is concerned. For all we know she has already told Ron that she thinks Heck has had long enough, but he is still considering his options.

madhatter
23-09-2019, 02:23 PM
To be honest, what we think makes no odds, on either Heck or Leeann. It's about what Ron thinks...he owns the club..he is in charge...in nmy book the buck stops with him as far as leadership is concerned. For all we know she has already told Ron that she thinks Heck has had long enough, but he is still considering his options.

If he’s a leader he’ll be considering whether he should be listening to Leeann and George Craig as well. They are not above criticism, they recruited this guy and George Craig is in charge of a team that has played its part in 3 shocking summer transfer windows.

hibbydad
23-09-2019, 02:29 PM
George Craig should go as well he is all wind and no substance

eezyrider
23-09-2019, 02:29 PM
Things are getting ridiculous on here. Of course she should stay. There is only one person to blame for the mess we are in at the moment and that's Paul Heckingbottom.
Get rid of him and get in a good replacement and all will be well.

EZ

mutley
23-09-2019, 02:34 PM
If there was a "don't Know" option I would have voted fro that, because in all honesty, I REALLY don't know. Maybe its just the sheer disappointment of this season which is gripping me, and Sunday was the icing on the cake.

I wanted Heckingbottom to do well, but he hasn't. I wanted out new signings to get up to speed and do great things on the park, but they haven't. I wanted the new owner to give the club a shake up and make some great things happen off the park - This is yet to be tested as we don't know what's going on in the background.

I just feel very despondent just now. If Killie knock us out the League Cup, I cannot see where the next win is coming from, and I feel a bottom 6 finish is more than likely. I just hope that it doesn't result in a relegation battle.

madhatter
23-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Things are getting ridiculous on here. Of course she should stay. There is only one person to blame for the mess we are in at the moment and that's Paul Heckingbottom.
Get rid of him and get in a good replacement and all will be well.

EZ

3 poor summer transfer windows. Loyalty scheme. Poor communication with fans. There are 3 things I can list quickly that are not Heckingbottoms fault. 1 transfer window might be, rest isn’t.

Leeann is not above criticism, this is why I fear Stubbs coming back. Winning the cup shouldn’t give people license to under perform. We’re grossly underperforming as a club. Ron said commercially the club can be doing more. Again, that’s nothing to do with Heckingbottom. Let’s not kid ourselves thinking on the field is our sole problems. Youth development is atrocious. Even when we do develop them, we don’t play them. We need change.

Sir David Gray
23-09-2019, 02:40 PM
If as expected, Heckingbottom remains at the club beyond this weekend then I feel she should resign.

hhibs
23-09-2019, 03:20 PM

Yes,if she was a he,failure is failure.

Clearly you think little of your fellow support

where'stheslope
23-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Voted no!
She may have played a part in bringing Heckingbottom to the club, but in his first season he took us to top 6 and we were all singing his praises!
All of a sudden he loses his way, and its her fault?
Sorry but I feel the job she has done for the club is way above wanting her head for the managers problems!!!!!

Jim44
23-09-2019, 03:40 PM
I voted ‘no’ for the moment. I assume that PH will be away within a couple of weeks at the latest and I think she has to be judged on the next appointment. Last chance saloon for her I think as another dud appointment will be unforgivable. I still have a niggling feeling at the back of my mind that she will, kind of out of the blue, move on to a biggish club in England in the not too distant future.

Wee Effen Bee
23-09-2019, 03:50 PM
I ****ing hate being a Hibee sometimes! The pish on this thread is rife! Why don’t you sad gets call LD and point out every mistake she has made and tell her there are quite a few on here want her job. I’m sure you can all do better than her! Why don’t you initiate another .net poll or, even more cliched, cobble together and produce an open letter? Maybe she’ll just walk and leave you all to it. Who’s next for vitriol, the programme sellers?

Wilson
23-09-2019, 03:53 PM
I ****ing hate being a Hibee sometimes! The pish on this thread is rife! Why don’t you sad gets call LD and point out every mistake she has made and tell her there are quite a few on here want her job. I’m sure you can all do better than her! Why don’t you initiate another .net poll or, even more cliched, cobble together and produce an open letter? Maybe she’ll just walk and leave you all to it. Who’s next for vitriol, the programme sellers?

The irony here is that there was a reasonable debate going on and the biggest load of pish in this thread is your post.

madhatter
23-09-2019, 03:55 PM

Clearly you do a better job at being a fan than everyone on this forum. Good job!

Maybe you could clarify why Rod and Farmer could get it tight from fans but Leeann is above it? Is it a cup win?

Northernhibee
23-09-2019, 04:01 PM
There should be an option for "Don't be so ****ing ridiculous".

Jim44
23-09-2019, 04:09 PM

For a start, I am not in the get shot of LD toute de suite. I’m happy to give her time to sort out the mess we are in, some of which has to lie at her door. You’re over-reacting to some of what’s here on this thread to suggest that her critics want her job or could even do it. Of course they couldn’t. You obviously lean well in favour of LD and that’s fine but don’t lose track of the fact she is being paid good money to keep our club in good health and, frankly, she is failing at the moment.

we are hibs
23-09-2019, 04:16 PM

If anyone had the audacity to phone up and question her she would probably state "this conversation is over" and hang up. After all she has previous of reacting like that when asked non aggresive genuine questions.

LeithMike
23-09-2019, 04:29 PM
I would like to think of myself as fair and balanced and probably dont know enough of the internal dealings to vote definitively. However, the rapid decline in the club on a number of fronts, most notably, on the park, - I'd be inclined to look for someone to take us in a new direction.

Hibs have a football department and I am not sure if PH is even head of it so I think it's completely unfair to put the blame all on one person.

It took us a fair bit of time to improve things - 3 years in the championship - but the rate and scale of our decline is alarming.

While I think the right manager will keep us up, the scale of the problems go far beyond a simple change in manager. That should never have been the case after the long and hard lessons which should have been learnt in our relegation and longest stint in the championship in our history.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

neil7908
23-09-2019, 04:30 PM
No. She's made 2 good appointments and one bad one.

If we dither with getting rid of Heckingbottom then my answer will change.

LeithMike
23-09-2019, 04:40 PM
I would like to think of myself as fair and balanced and probably dont know enough of the internal dealings to vote definitively. However, the rapid decline in the club on a number of fronts, most notably, on the park, - I'd be inclined to look for someone to take us in a new direction.

Hibs have a football department and I am not sure if PH is even head of it so I think it's completely unfair to put the blame all on one person.

It took us a fair bit of time to improve things - 3 years in the championship - but the rate and scale of our decline is alarming.

While I think the right manager will keep us up, the scale of the problems go far beyond a simple change in manager. That should never have been the case after the long and hard lessons which should have been learnt in our relegation and longest stint in the championship in our history.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TapatalkOh, and if the Board think they have the right manager they should have gone out of their way at the end of the transfer window to give him funds to get more players in. As the end of August approached it was painfully obvious to most supporters how bad the team were. A couple of more players may have bought the manager more time but he's just not going to get that now as relegation is a real possibility.

Either way, the board have not done enough and there should be some accountability for that.

HibeeDaz6270
23-09-2019, 04:47 PM
The Initial appointment of Heckingbottom is not what makes me criticise Dempster. Its the failure to recognise the mistake and failure to take responsability for her mistake by removing him thus far.

I dont believe Heckingbottom can turn this around. It will take a hell of a lot more than results. The performances and style of play is so far from what it needs to be to win me & i assume majority of fans over.

We talk about the cost involved to pay him off But when you consider the loss of revenue the club is going to start to have on a weekly basis. Keeping him will be more damaging financially as well as on the park.

He has to go & it should have been done already.

If Dempster fails to act in time to keep this season alive, then Yes, she should probably go to. This season can still be saved if we act now.

DetroitHibs
23-09-2019, 04:50 PM
I voted yes. I don’t trust her judgement to take us forward wether it be with a new manager or not. Forget the PH situation, how the hell the recruitment staff haven’t been emptied by now, shows her incompetence and stubbornness.

Heckys Wheel
23-09-2019, 04:54 PM
The Initial appointment of Heckingbottom is not what makes me criticise Dempster. Its the failure to recognise the mistake and failure to take responsability for her mistake by removing him thus far.

I dont believe Heckingbottom can turn this around. It will take a hell of a lot more than results. The performances and style of play is so far from what it needs to be to win me & i assume majority of fans over.

We talk about the cost involved to pay him off But when you consider the loss of revenue the club is going to start to have on a weekly basis. Keeping him will be more damaging financially as well as on the park.

He has to go & it should have been done already.

If Dempster fails to act in time to keep this season alive, then Yes, she should probably go to. This season can still be saved if we act now.

What loss of income do you think they’ll have on a weekly basis?

Coco Bryce
23-09-2019, 04:58 PM
How she deals with PH will be the decider for me.

And me :agree:

Squirrel 1875
23-09-2019, 05:00 PM
It’s quite something that he is going to have a pop at a fluke result against Killie and potentially save his job for another couple of weeks. The man should be gone.

Ronniekirk
23-09-2019, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure what her role is now. Has she been sidelined or silenced under the new regime? I'm not seeing strong and positive leadership coming from the club full stop.

With Petrie leaving and Ron Gordon taking over I suspect her role is not the same as it was...

Whatever the reason for the malaise I feel that it is time for change off the field as well as a change in head coach.

He said when he took over things would remain the same for six months at least as he was satisfied with what was in place and needed time to get Tom ow the Club , Scottish Football and meet fans etc
But agree there has been a low profile recently by the Board in comparison with previous years
Maybe Ron is now beginning to have chats with individuals about how he sees the Future and their role but until that’s made public then it should be business as usual
If Killie put us Out Cup as expected given our form , then I think there needs to be a Statement from the Board As it is the attendance at Home via Celtic if Killie win will show big gaps I think as people vote with their feet
I will be at Killie game but if besten I couldn’t stomach watching another Old Firm Capitulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibeerealist
23-09-2019, 05:38 PM

Listen Ms Dempster, this is not because you are a woman it is because you are the CEO so get the ****** finger oot!!!

hibeerealist
23-09-2019, 05:42 PM

Your tone suggests you believe there will be no loss of income.

The business (HFC) does not only trade one or twice a week when a game is on.

Brooster
23-09-2019, 07:34 PM
I'm undecided but if she holds in to PH much longer I'll be wanting her out too.

HibeeDaz6270
23-09-2019, 08:10 PM

I would imagine walk up fans will be down by 1-2k as a minimum . So on a fortnightly basis a considerable sum.

Thats without taking in to account the knock on affect of general merchandise etc. When the team is poor & the fun stops. People will slowly stop spending.

Turkish Green
23-09-2019, 08:25 PM
LD is a football administrator not a director of football.

Greenworld
24-09-2019, 08:30 AM
He said when he took over things would remain the same for six months at least as he was satisfied with what was in place and needed time to get Tom ow the Club , Scottish Football and meet fans etc
But agree there has been a low profile recently by the Board in comparison with previous years
Maybe Ron is now beginning to have chats with individuals about how he sees the Future and their role but until that’s made public then it should be business as usual
If Killie put us Out Cup as expected given our form , then I think there needs to be a Statement from the Board As it is the attendance at Home via Celtic if Killie win will show big gaps I think as people vote with their feet
I will be at Killie game but if besten I couldn’t stomach watching another Old Firm Capitulation

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI agree with you however when he took over relatively speaking things were all well in the club.
He must be wondering what the hell is going on.
So I think we will see an excelerated plan out of neccessity.
It it obvious to everyone that LD has all but disappeared,from the day of the takeover she I thought looked very unhappy sitting at that table of 4 when Ron was unveiled.
Hibs have stalled progressing and off the park activities the very thing LD is supposed to excel at have been very poor.
Interesting times ahead and the real motive for Ron's buying of Hibs need to be revealed, im not buying into theirs not more to this than meets the eye.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

eastmainsmsh
24-09-2019, 08:54 AM
Leann has been great for Club but it's not going so well just now no doubt be feeling the heat with New owner in Ron and the current situation on park its went downhill this season so far

Scotty Leither
24-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Oh, and if the Board think they have the right manager they should have gone out of their way at the end of the transfer window to give him funds to get more players in. As the end of August approached it was painfully obvious to most supporters how bad the team were. A couple of more players may have bought the manager more time but he's just not going to get that now as relegation is a real possibility.

Either way, the board have not done enough and there should be some accountability for that.

:not worth Comfortably one of the singular best points on this forum in the last while.

If they did rate him then more funds would have been released, perhaps to bring in the likes of Ambrose and Mulumbu.

Instead we have had a "fingers crossed" approach from the Board which damns them almost as much as the manager, in my opinion.

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 10:16 AM
:not worth Comfortably one of the singular best points on this forum in the last while.

If they did rate him then more funds would have been released, perhaps to bring in the likes of Ambrose and Mulumbu.

Instead we have had a "fingers crossed" approach from the Board which damns them almost as much as the manager, in my opinion.

So you would have given Heckingbottom more money? Wow.

He had bought 10 players how many more did we need. Personally can totally understand him being curtailed in spending given how he had spent the budget.

LeithMike
24-09-2019, 11:24 AM

He had bought 10 players how many more did we need. Personally can totally understand him being curtailed in spending given how he had spent the budget.

Think you are missing the point. If the board thought he was the right person in the long-term then they should have given him more resource at the end of the window to help get the squad on a better footing and try and help avoid the mess we have gotten into and the clamour for his removal.

They didn't do that, which then begs the question that they might not have been so sure he was the right person for the job. If so, then why is he still there? Should he not have been replaced there and then?

Looks like the board have been fudging it to me, which is never a good way forward. If they truly believed he was the right man for the job then investing a bit more in the squad would likely have bought PH more time to prove himself. This now looks impossible and there is only one way this is ending.

Anthony Soprano
24-09-2019, 01:58 PM

Ridiculous post, of course we would, that's what happens when you under perform in your role hence why people are calling for George Craig to go as well.

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Think you are missing the point. If the board thought he was the right person in the long-term then they should have given him more resource at the end of the window to help get the squad on a better footing and try and help avoid the mess we have gotten into and the clamour for his removal.

They didn't do that, which then begs the question that they might not have been so sure he was the right person for the job. If so, then why is he still there? Should he not have been replaced there and then?

Looks like the board have been fudging it to me, which is never a good way forward. If they truly believed he was the right man for the job then investing a bit more in the squad would likely have bought PH more time to prove himself. This now looks impossible and there is only one way this is ending.

Understand what you are saying however it was then up to the coach to get so much more out of the squad than he has. He was also backed late on with Middleton and Hallberg coming in so not sure how valid the point is. It would have been a bigger mistake to give him more money than he had already spent imo given how little impact some/most of the signings have had.

LeithMike
24-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Understand what you are saying however it was then up to the coach to get so much more out of the squad than he has. He was also backed late on with Middleton and Hallberg coming in so not sure how valid the point is. It would have been a bigger mistake to give him more money than he had already spent imo given how little impact some/most of the signings have had.Fair point JimB but from my perspective, I kind of think PH is being hung out to dry and that accountability should go above him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-09-2019, 02:15 PM

i think that the answer to that is Yes?

merchiston
24-09-2019, 02:35 PM
I noticed Kris Commons blaming her for all our woes citing the Neil Lennon bust up.Lost any credibility with his point of view when he stated he only agreed to come to us because of Lennon. Arrogant little man.

Weegreenman
24-09-2019, 02:38 PM
It’s a no from me but I would say she needs to do more in terms of helping to make the place a more all round enjoyable experience.

Hibbyradge
24-09-2019, 02:44 PM
I noticed Kris Commons blaming her for all our woes citing the Neil Lennon bust up.Lost any credibility with his point of view when he stated he only agreed to come to us because of Lennon. Arrogant little man.

I believe him. Neil Lennon will have been a huge factor in bringing a player from Celtic to a championship club.

I'm not sure what's arrogant about that.

Regarding Leeann Dempster, there are a good number of Hibs fans who are blaming her for all our woes.

Hibernia&Alba
24-09-2019, 02:48 PM
No, definitely not, but she needs to up her game just now, starting with taking the decision to remove Hecky. She must be humble enough to admit the board got it wrong and to limit the damage now. If he is allowed to continue, she will rightly be accused of shirking responsibility.

stoneyburn hibs
24-09-2019, 03:06 PM
I don't think she'll be here next season come what may.
I don't know how far back the communications started with the new owner but she has been awful quiet since Lennon went.
Questions should be asked but I don't think she should be pushed out the door.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-09-2019, 03:09 PM
I believe him. Neil Lennon will have been a huge factor in bringing a player from Celtic to a championship club.

I'm not sure what's arrogant about that.

I concur.

Keith_M
24-09-2019, 03:10 PM

If you think this is motivated by sexism, please present your evidence.

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 03:19 PM
Fair point JimB but from my perspective, I kind of think PH is being hung out to dry and that accountability should go above him.

Understand why you think that however we are playing so poorly he isn't exactly making that much a case for that himself. To me he has been given enough money to have us not second from bottom and most probably about to go bottom in next week or so.

WhileTheChief..
24-09-2019, 03:26 PM

If you're referring to his column in the Daily Mail yesterday then he's 100% correct.

merchiston
24-09-2019, 04:02 PM
If you're referring to his column in the Daily Mail yesterday then he's 100% correct.

Maybe my interpretation but to say it was only because of Lennon sounded a bit disrespectful.

SquashedFrogg
24-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Are you not looking at this in isolation? What about the commercial performance (or lack of) this season.

Could you tell me about the 'lack of' commercial performance this season? Figures would obviously be very important. Thanks in advance :aok:

Beefster
24-09-2019, 04:11 PM

We spent a rumoured £350k on a player that can’t get a start and has been, at best, mediocre when he has played. But aye, it’s cos Heckingbottom’s not had enough money.

A Hi-Bee
24-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Yes it may well be time for her to go things have not been right at Hibs since the mystery that was the Lennon fiasco.

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 07:37 PM
Yes it may well be time for her to go things have not been right at Hibs since the mystery that was the Lennon fiasco.

What was the mystery. He lost the plot and was working his ticket to go to Celtic.

CathroMustStay
25-09-2019, 07:32 AM
What was the mystery. He lost the plot and was working his ticket to go to Celtic.

Lennon had absolutely zero idea that Rodgers was going to walk out on Celtic.

Don't care if you don't believe me.

Antifa Hibs
25-09-2019, 08:10 AM
I've seen people back LD 'cos she employed Stubbs who won us the cup. That was 5 years ago. Stubbs was employed in 2014 and we're a bawhair away from 2020. As good as the Scottish Cup was its done, finished - we've got to move on from that. Similarly someone on another thread backing George Craig because he identified SJM. Again, that was over 4 years ago. Absolute tinpot wee team mentality.

The fact Lennon wasn't dismissed nor resigned and left us with what, 1 win in 12 or something was it? That appointment was a failure surely? The fact Heckingbottom's utterly clueless is another managerial failure. Still, 21st May 2016 eh, who cares about the present and future :rolleyes:

Vault Boy
25-09-2019, 08:11 AM
No. Our loss if she does.

Hibby Kay-Yay
25-09-2019, 08:18 AM
CEO’s should have a fairly short reign, 3-5 years. Leeann has done an amazing job with us and I’d wish her all the best in her next role.

ScottB
25-09-2019, 08:23 AM
Could you tell me about the 'lack of' commercial performance this season? Figures would obviously be very important. Thanks in advance :aok:

That we don’t have a shirt sponsor?

Scotty Leither
25-09-2019, 08:29 AM
We spent a rumoured £350k on a player that can’t get a start and has been, at best, mediocre when he has played. But aye, it’s cos Heckingbottom’s not had enough money.

£130k was the fee we paid for Doidge.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 08:34 AM

So Celtic neglected the idea completely and complete shellshocked that he left?

DarlingtonHibee
25-09-2019, 08:38 AM

I simply don't believe that, and Neil was lined up by lawlell to stich us after sjm.